Reviews of Air in Berlin 3 stars

Ansbacher Str. 6, Tempelhof-Schöneberg, 10787 Berlin, Germany

#340 of 579 hotels in Berlin

• Standard Single Room

It was a hot week in Berlin (+30 celsius). A fan in the room would have been nice. I didn't ask.

The hotel has a sense of character. The staff were great. I did choose to have the breakfasts which were wonderful. Lots of coffee! It was very close to both U-Bahn (sort of underground metro) and buses. Lots of great restaurants in area.

• Family Room

Front desk was rude and dismissive. Window /skylight shade in second room was broke so people in that room woke up at 5am to the direct sun. Had issues parking (btw, if you want parking (and you won't know) you will receive a confirmation. As guests, they do not tell you their process/protocol so call them again. In the end, parking worked out. Staff just was not nice or helpful at all - negative experience.

Location was ideal, nice space for 4 guests, quiet considering how center the apartment was.

• Standard Triple Room

The breakfast room is quite small

The location is excellent even it is located at the center of the city the surrounding is quite peaceful. The room is simply clean and comfortable.

• Standard Single Room

Because is a old building the elevator was constructed in such a way that it stop between floors and you have to go half staircase up (or down) to your floor! A bit inconvenient if you have heavy luggage!

Good location, clean room, friendly staff,

No kettle in room or English speaking channels on TV

Very central to all amenities. Very helpful staff very welcoming. Very welled kept nice bright room. Would definitely recommend as it's a very fare price.

• Standard Single Room

Would like tea and coffee making facilities in the room.

Basic but then the price is good value. Very clean and comfortable. 2nd time I have stayed and will stay again. Friendly staff. Quiet.

• Standard Single Room

Nothing major. Minibar was not carrying everything in the list, but not an issue at such low prices.

Everything was exceptionally good for the price. The room was clean. The bed was comfy.

It is disappointing if people cannot have a cup of coffee or tea in their room in the morning. Most of the hotels in Germany have a little kettle and coffee/tea making facility in the room. This would be excellent if Air In Berlin could do the same.

• Standard Single Room

Room was rather cramped and I accidentally left some medicine in the fridge which was chucked away

I am familiar with the hotel as I have stayed there at least 3 times before. I liked the quirkiness/eccentricity of the hotel, the way it is laid out and the magnificent staircase. Breakfasts were fine and the coffee much better than I have had at other hotels. The location is perfect for me as I have been going to IHIF at the InterContinental for many years. Room very warm and lots of hot water

• Standard Single Room

there nothing inside the room like kettle, microwave and the minibar was full of little stuff to buy so there was no space to put your own stuff

the location

• Standard Single Room

I got very small room (about 6 square meters) and it was just beside the public hall. Room was not well noise isolated so comfort of stay there was pretty low. Slow connection of free Wi-Fi.

There was closed parking in hotel parking lot, nice breakfast. Well located in the city centre.

Would be nice if there was a kettle in each room. Also can be a bit stuffy, although the heating might just have been set too high. The lift stopping in between floors as stated in "what I liked", although the niceness of the reception staff totally made up for it. Wifi is a bit slow - you can really only do basic browsing although you can purchase faster wifi.

The reception staff is wonderful and exceptionally nice. I wasn't aware that the lift stopped in between the floors and with big heavy suitcases, and at 7:30pm after a long tiring trip, it was a bit of a shock. But the wonderful reception staff was very apologetic and checked on the computer to see if there were any spare rooms on ground floor and when there weren't, was even more apologetic and even offered to help us carry our luggage up/down the stairs, which was a very nice gesture. There were a few maps at reception and my many questions on how to get to various places and what the best mode of transport were answered very nicely and patiently. Also appreciated the pre-booked taxi that we requested the previous night when we had to leave at 6:30am the following morning, and it was a lot cheaper than the taxi we took there! I've worked in many customer service roles before so I recognise exceptional customer service when I experience it - the staff is truly commendable and I can't fault it.

Old building with noisy wooden floor. Average breakfast. Problems in getting a correct invoice. Be aware that for business travel you don't pay the city tax while for a private one you should pay it. A kettle in the room would have been useful.

Good location. Very clean. Standard room.

• Standard Single Room

I happen to stay often in this hotel, when I have a meeting nearby. all fine, decent value for money. I had a quiet room this time, facing the back yard.

• Standard Single Room

Check in person and general reception mediocre and not very friendly. Very stoic and not warm, acted like it was a inconvenience to answer questions about where room was located. I will say the bigger room helped as the price was high compared to better properties such as the Mercure. Wouldn’t stay here again. Should be 2 Star, very very basic.

The gentleman checking me out of hotel very nice, so kind!!!! The first room was tiny so they did give me a double even though price was comparable to a better double elsewhere.

You pay for what you get. Nothing to complain about. Internet speed was slow, but wifi access was included in the price and I could connect easily.

Good location! Decent Hotel close to the Berlin Zoo, with an easy access to public transportation and any parts of Berlin. Many places to eat around.

Free wi-fi is extremely slow. The bed was quite short for my size (1.84 m).

Great location right near the zoo with public transportation within 5 minutes walking distance. Parking available under roof. Friendly staff.

• Superior Single Room

This is old building, has a climate but also some disadvantages - in example creaky wooden stairs and floor which could hear in the room (and wake up at night). Old style windows has a charm but not soundproof. Elevator stops between the floors - has to carry luggage.

Friendly staff. Good location to explore West Berlin walking or close to bus 100 and metro to reach Alexander Platz. Breakfast unexpectedly good for the price. Clean in the room. They offer parking next door for addtional fee (but reasonable). It is recommendable for budget family visit to Berlin.

• Standard Single Room

Bed was odd and the breakfast wasnt that great. Not a lot to complain about as overall very comfy.

Location was good, 20-30 min walk to the Brandenburg gate along a route that included some woodland, so rather pleasant. Loads of taxis around so easy to grab one, Uber doesnt work there though but they aren't that expensive. There's an Irish bar in the Europa Centre which is a 3 min walk away. Live music and good Guinness. Hotel had a 24 hour reception, good for late nights.

For almost 100eur a night per person you get very small room and even smaller bathroom. Very uncomfortable bed. I thought we are going to fall through it. Very impolite/unpolite receptioner. Doesn't even bother to say hello back. Very low value for money regarding facilities and service.

Great location, 200m from the KadeWe shopping mall and Wittenbergplatz station. Very good breakfast with great variety of TV channels.

This was the first time that a hotel pre-filled my registration sheet with the data they already knew about me. This was a very nice touch - I didn't have to resubmit my address, phone number etc. upon arrival. Great!!

• Standard Single Room

Breakfast could be better. Worn out pillow.

Small, but cozy hotel with really kind staff and clean rooms. Excellent location. I would choose this hotel again.

Apartment did not have air-conditioning , which could be challenging in hot summer. Parking is tight and available only if was booked. We had issue with check in. At arrival we were told that hotel had technical issues with second room and we have been offered to use 2 rooms apartment. And have a discount on parking. We accepted as we had no chance to find in short term other suitable hotel. The apartment had only one bathroom and one of rooms had separated beds. As we were staying only one night we survived, however for longer stay the apartment is not suitable for 2 couples. Can be good for family with children.

Very good location easy to aces by car, not far from Schoenefeld airport. Subway station close by about 3-5 minutes to walk. Historical building with very high ceiling. The personnel was very nice and helpful.

The bathroom: quite old and small - the room is small

Close to Zoological garden and very close to underground and rail stations in 10 minutes you can go everywhere. Amazing price!!!!

Our first contact when checking in was a surly employee who basically ignored us for 5 minutes while he entered data into the computer. He later offered us wine glasses after I requested a corkscrew so maybe he was just really busy. But as very tired travellers this did not make us feel welcome at all.

The cutest quiet little courtyard with tables and chairs was the perfect place for writing in our travel diaries at the end of each day. Large windows that open and let in cool breezes and the sounds of birds. Location is so close to cafes, shopping and a grocery store.

Our bed should have been firmer. Would have liked breakfast to be included.

staff was great. Very, very helpful. Location is also very, very good. Enjoyed having breakfast outside in the patio when the weather was nice.

The bed is very noise, seems to be an old one and the mattress is poor too.

Location is very good, next to U-Station or busses. KaDeWe is at the corner. The breakfast is nice, however the orange juice is for free, but for the apple juice you have to pay.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

• Standard Single Room

The hotel did not have air conditioning system, so a fan was brought to the room. Also, the washrooms are not renovated and are old!! Also, The wifi speed is very low. It was not working most of the time and when I brought this to the attention of the person in the lobby, he said that yes some people nag about it and some people are happy. You can purchase the internet from us if you want ...

The location was great. In the heart of Berlin (Wittenburg Platz)

• Superior Single Room

I was disappointed that the hotel did not offer full restaurant service. If there was notice of this fact in the on-line literature about the hotel, I missed it. There was no means of circulating air in the room I stayed in. Opening the door to the tiny balcony helped but was no guarantee for getting the air to move around the room. Fortunately, street noise was not excessive. This would be very oppressive in high temperature weather. Bathroom for my room was very small with only one light in the ceiling - no extra lights near the sink and mirror. This might be an issue for anyone needing to apply makeup. The shower stall was odd to my thinking: in a corner with soft curtain on two sides - almost impossible to keep water from getting to the floor; it appeared to be an after thought as it was barely large enough to accommodate an adult. Parking area was in adjacent "lot" without direct access to hotel and required a door opener to lift the gate to get into and out of - a fact that the receptionist failed to remind me of on my way out - and he had two opportunities to do so!

My only intent for this quick visit was to be able to tour the city for the first time. This was a good location within easy walking distance to the tour buses and almost any entertainment I might have wanted. Bed was comfortable. Clean. Nice "old world charm" kind of place (though showing a bit of "wear and tear"). The limited number of parking spaces available for hotel guests were covered.

one of the staff members a bit to quick to judge weather i was going to thank him or not while i was just gathering my stuff

perfect location for my trip and nice comercial area

• Standard Triple Room

Room for 3 people was the size for 2, the 3. bed was blocking the entrance to the room, very uncomfortable. Unreliable Wi-Fi.

Great location, clean room, helpful staff.

Difficult to find the location from the train station but otherwise nothing negative to our stay!

The bedding was very comfortable and the hot showers were the best!! Excellent location once we were able to figure out the bus and train schedule. Very helpful staff!! Would definitely stay again!!

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

was very good location close to bus stop and also close to shops.. its just a 2 min walk to the zoo and aquarium... staff was helpful and everyone was so nice

• Reviewed: 15 December 2016

• Family Room

We have spent 2 nights and it was the worst experience ever. We were given a room which smelt like the wooden window frames and doors had just been painted. As I rejected to stay in that room the guy at the reception, which I admit was very kind, offered us another one - allegedly the best family apartment. Luckily, no smell there but as the extra beds for our kids had not been made we had to bring the bed sheets, pillows and blankets from the 1st room ourselves (there was no room service at 9 pm and the receptionist had no access to all utilities which is understandable on Friday evening, still it gives you another bad experience). At night you could hear other guests coming from the outside, you could also hear water pouring down the drains when they flushed the toilet. Although the room was facing the courtyard the police sirens did not make our sleep comfortable (I rather do not think how it would have looked like had we stayed in the 1st room where windows were to the streets - my requirement for a quiet room made during the booking was not considered at all). The furniture is from the early 90’s so the pictures on the web do not precisely correspond. The bathroom was big with a huge bathtub (which we did not use) and a shower. Still the taps were old and squeaky. It seems there was no investment since the last refurbishment. The worst experience was with the lady at the reception next morning. As there were no plates at the breakfast I asked her if she could provide some. She replied it was not her business and I should speak to the waitress. I would have had she been there, that is why I asked her… That was only the start. When I requested to change rooms for the 2nd night, as the booked apartment should have 2 rooms and we were given only one, she answered there was none available at that moment (well yes, there was one but free at 11 am when we would be gone sightseeing and I would rather see the room before moving to an even worse one).

• Reviewed: 11 December 2016

The hotel generally needs upgrading. I was here a few years ago in the summer and there was no air conditioning. I have priced the Mercure hotel since I got home and have discovered they do a twin room for much the same price but the hotel I s generally smarter and more modern. I would be booking there next time.

The location is excellent and the staff were very pleasant.

• Reviewed: 9 December 2016

Standard double so small bed squashed against wall. Alternative room so close to kitchen/dining area was woken at 4am each morning by staff preparing breakfast. No lounge area to sit & relax in.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

• Standard Single Room

The Staff is very professional and friendly. They helped us very much. Thank you! We appreciated a lot! The Service is excellent, the rooms perfectly clean and the beds very comfortable. The Hotel is a located really in the heart of Berlin, a few meters away from Ka De We. We will surely come back and really recommend this Hotel also to our friends! Alessandro and Robert

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

• Standard Single Room

The hotel is very nice Art Nouveau building from 1886—the Wi-Fi connection speed and reliability seem to be from that year too.

Great location, nice and well-maintained common spaces.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

• Standard Single Room

I was not lucky because I visited Berlin in very hot days and the hotel does not have air-conditioning systems and for me was very difficult to stay in the room. Moreover, the breakfast is low quality for that price.

Great location and I really recommended for easy-going travellers. Good quality/service balance.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

The wifi connection was very slow.

The hotel is located in a good position, close to the metro/train station and to one of the most important shopping-street of the city; the room was clean and comfortable; the staff was available to any request 24h/day.

• Reviewed: 24 September 2016

• Standard Single Room

No air-condition, for the rooms so small and warm. one did not speak English and he replied always in German. I do not know if he did it on purpose or because he really does not speak. When I ordered a taxi, he misunderstood and he ordered it earlier than I asked for.

The staff was helpful, but but in general, they were nice to me and I don't complain. The location was very good close to the Metro, but rather far from all famous places, apart from KadeWe.

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

Stayed at the hotel before and have notice that even with the exchange rate prices have increased quite a bit

It an excellent location to see Berlin ,staff are always friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: 2 September 2016

Air conditioning or ceiling fan would make life more comfortable in hot weather! Breakfast not included.

A quirky, quaint hotel in a very good location.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

• Standard Single Room

Room sound insulation. The staff could be more sincerely. Somehow, I realized that the staff is great when travelers from the United Kingdom or the USA are concerned.

Locations, cleanliness, hotel style. The room was sweet and very clean. Perfect if you come to Berlin for sightseeing. The hotel is near the Kurfürstendamm (colloquially Ku'damm), which is one of the most famous avenues in Berlin. Although I have visited other parts of Berlin, somehow it seems to me that this most elegant avenues. It abounds in beautiful restaurants, especially in the lateral streets. Certainly, it should be noted that this is a shopping zone.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

A bit short on mod cons - decor and furnishings are a bit old-fashioned, and some of the windows don't open easily, but these are minor points.

Great location for the U2 line, nice little breakfast room/bar and garden and friendly staff. Nice breakfasts too - not a huge range of food, but quite sufficient for most tastes. Also well-placed for KaDeWe, the Kaiser Wilhelm church and the Schoneberg night life - a great base for sightseeing. We did 3 nights here and had no complaints at all.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

Wifi signal too much weak and poor The elevator stopped between floors There is no Air Condition First floor was very noisy

breakfast good staff friendly

• Reviewed: 18 July 2016

• Superior Single Room

1. Lift does not access to the exact level to the floor. 2. I came back for one more night and was given a room half of the original size. I was not informed about it.

generally ok

• Reviewed: 14 July 2016

Air conditioning in room! Room was very hot!

I liked the old looking building, hotel was very charming. The hotel had a very nice backyard with tables and chair, you could sit there and chill with a glass of wine! The hotel was located in a good place, near the train station!

• Standard Single Room

The room was very small and very warm. The shower with curtains.

Internet

• Standard Single Room

no facility for coffee making in the room

location was excellent

Perfect location.

Size or room and outlook to street.

• Standard Single Room

The staff are very friendly and helpful

I’ve stayed at the Air inn several time’s and find it a very pleasant spot location wise and to stay at

• Standard Single Room

Single rooms are really small. (like 8 m2)

Breakfast is good. It is a perfect location.

• Standard Single Room

The shower was the size of a postage stamp and the hairdryer barely got warm.

The staff great and the breakfast was ample and varied.

• Standard Single Room

Spacious and clean room, good bathroom and shower, convinient location.

• Standard Single Room

Some of the staff were not quite as friendly as others.

Location is very good. Close to the U-Bahn and restaurants. Water was hot. Breakfast was good.

• Superior Single Room

It was cold in my room at night.

The hotel is located near of the place where I have provided my negotiations (DIN).

The property was like a *** hotel should be. This was my 2nd time in this hotel.

• Standard Triple Room

Super location, very helpful staff who always had a few tips for us thank you

Great service, nice rooms

Some staff were not very welcoming or polite

• Standard Single Room

Non smoking room below the smoking area outside so with window open all the smoke came in the room

• Standard Single Room

Would have like tea making facilities in the room

Location was ideal for where my meetings were

WIFI only 1 hour for free

Easy access to Fair, MESSE BERLIN.

Poor state of internal decoration and poor lighting in room

Convenient location

• Standard Single Room

unlimited internet connectivity to multiple devices, upfront information about additional costs, eg. parking

• Family Room

Excellent location. So handy to be offered a secure car park. Close proximity to very good restaurants and shops, for example KaDeWe.

• Standard Single Room

The hotel was a bit old fashion

Breakfast was a little poor for the offered price.

Polite staff, great localization

Small rooms. Super uncomfy bed. Basic breakfast. No AC in the room.

Good location.

Super comfortable to reach via bus from Tegel airport and literally next to Zoo!Surprisingly large room and helpful staff!

• Standard Single Room

I really liked the cosy garden breakfast area.

Browse Air in Berlin traveller photo gallery