Reviews of Airporthotel Regent This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services offered. It is based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Wilhelmstr. 1, 85399 Hallbergmoos, Germany

#7 of 10 hotels in Hallbergmoos

The bed was not as comfortable as the other locations we stayed. The wait staff at dinner were absolutely delightful but the waitstaff at the buffet breakfast were not nearly as attentive/friendly.

Very close to the airport but in a neighborhood so it was very quiet. Loved that there was a restaurant on-site for dinner and breakfast. Also had a little kitchenette in the room and glass doors leading to a patio. I would definitely recommend staying here the night before a flight.

I found their pillows to be the worst I have yet had and the beds were not the most comfortable.

This hotel was close to the airport as we required. Since it is located close to a large airport you have to be aware that there is a noticeable noise from the aircraft which my partner had some difficulties with. The associated restaurant was able to prepare a variation on their menu as I am gluten sensitive, portions were generous and good value. Transport to and from the airport was fast and friendly and was an extra cost. Since we had rented a car, we checked in first, dropped it off, and had the hotel taxi pick us up so I cannot comment about long term arrangements for parking of the car.

Misconnected and needed hotel close to airport for one night. Unhappy they all charge for airport shuttle. No air in the room. Very noisy around. Breakfast not worth 8 euros

Extra charge for Airport transfer was a bit of a surprise but is however available every 30 min.

Clean comfortable room equipped with all necessacities. Quite isolated location but we chose it for the close distance to the Munich airport. For this purpose the hotel is well suited. Good restaurant with friendly service is in a separate building. Very long breakfast hours from 3-11 am!

Could have done with a fan in the room. It was a bit stuffy.

The staff were super friendly and you could get a sense that it was a family hotel. I really enjoyed my stay her and I will definitely stay again.

Great restaurant right there! I like the fact that the hotel is homey .... not like one of the chain hotels one normally gets close to the airport. Very clean.

The mini bar fridge in my room was very old and noisy, I had to switch it off to be able to sleep...

Great to be able to have breakfast from 2am and onwards in the morning

My room was situated in older side of hotel wich is fine but going secondfloor narrow stears with luggages was a bit of strugle but no big deal

Breakfast. Perfekt location, 10 minutes feom rental car return. Plesant stay , quiet rooms

WiFi need extra cost for 3 euros, this is my first time to live in a hotel without free WiFi. Shuttle bus to airport costs 9 euros, too expensive.

closed to the airport, 20 minutes by bus and metro

The pillows were terribley uncomfortable and it was far too hot. There were no tea facilities in the room. The receptionist wasn’t very nice. The shuttle driver was rather grumpy.

The atmosphere was interesting especially the restaurant. It was rustic.

My room was 401, but it was next to the entrance of the building. I was woken up all the time when someone went through that door. I could only fall asleep after the last guest arrived, and woke up when the first one left early in the morning.

It was not far from the airport, they have a shuttle service to and from the airport, the staff was helpful and friendly.

Was all good shame Not near other cafes etc aa had to eat at hotel

very good accomodation - booked last minute due to flight delays with snow in UK wish I had contacted them for airport shuttle

Not sure if it had an elevator in the other building but be sure to get a bottom floor if you have a lot of luggage. The restaurant was some of the best food I have ever eaten in Germany!

Very nice and quaint. Very clean rooms and the airport shuttle a big help. It was easy to get to from the trains and buses.

Booked hotel because of 24 hour shuttle bus to and from airport. Other airport hotels seem to stop shuttle service after midnight. Excellent shuttle service, I arrived before shortly before midnight, phoned as soon as I had my suitcase, waited max 10 minutes for shuttle bus, which was great as it was freezing cold. I was the only passenger they had to fetch on that trip. Also driver was great, felt safe, also a consideration for woman travelling alone at night.

Room was off any atmosphere ok if you stay one night but we stayed 4 staff was fascinating unfriendly apart from one lady thats served in the evening in the restaurant the food was not good and I definitily had the worst coffee for breakfast I ever had I travel a lot the sauna was worth a laugh

The first room I was shown was tiny, had a very small bed with metal bed springs that you could actually feel through the mattress. When I complained they told me that at that price I had reserved a three star versus a four star or five star room. They then moved me. I was unaware using booking .com that good price meant I was getting an inferior room. I should've been advised. I will no longer use booking.com for this hotel which I use frequently.

Could not provide glutenfree breakfast in Munich. Munich is not at the end of the world.

Location, airport shuttle, perfect organization, nice house and amenities.

We needed to pay extra for 5 year old kid staying with us (without breakfast), but didn´t get extra pillow, blanket, towel etc...the room was with double bed and it was very small bed.

The lift did not work - carrying bags upstairs was not a pleasant experience; Total cost of stay (including the payment for the airport shuttle and breakfast) hardly justifies the choice of the property

The food at the restaurant and the breakfast is very good; Proximity to the airport

• Single Room - Park, Sleep + Fly

Stayed in the hotel for one night with park, fly and sleep package!Everything was good. Airport shuttle was on time and very quick and pleasant. Early breakfast is a great option! Liked the free wi-fi also :)

Hotel shuttle driver was grumpy, needed a shower and didn't seem to want to earn a tip by assisting with bags.

Good budget priced hotel near to Munich airport. Restaurant was OK.

On a Sunday at 14-15 there is no place to eat around

Transfer from airport was provided by the hotel at a fair price Clean and warm rooms Really prompt personnel Cat at the reception

The connection to the public transport was unclear for a visitor. I had to pay very much for the taxi from Hallbergmoos train station to the hotel.

Excellent price-quality ratio. Airport transfer worked very smoothly. Good service. It was great that there was an early-bird breakfast for those having to leave very early.

I asked for instructions on shuttle per email twice and got no answer had to call - with roaming not cheap. On top had to pay 9 euro for the shuttle each way might as well have taken a taxi and been quicker and cheaper. In this case it definitely was not worth choosing a hotel with shuttle over other area hotels.

The hotel is in close proximity to the airport and almost ideal for a layover

More options at the self serve breakfast... But truly, I am very thankful for accommodating those that need to catch an early flight. So, thank you.

Was not expecting such a lovely room, and so close to the airport for such a low price.

Not much of anything nearby within easy walking distance.

We stayed one night prior to flying out of Munich. This was a very convenient hotel for that. Everything was fine with the hotel--nothing great but nothing bad. They had a convenient shuttle to the airport for 9 euro per couple. Restaurant on site was pretty good and the breakfast at the restaurant was also pretty good for 8 euro per person. Price was good value.

I have been informed by the hotel personnel that wifi is free, however you have to pay :( I find this very inconvenient.

The option of earlybird breakfast is very good for those who need to checkout early in the morning. Coffee, juice, tea, bread, jam, butter..

Not a complaint but this isn't a spot for folks wanting to see a lot of the city. A bit far.

Perfect for airport connections and super for the price. The restaurant was close with excellent food, service, and drinks. Breakfast was worth it. Shuttle to the airport was quick and prompt. Staff at hotel were friendly and efficient. Exceeded all expectations.

The place was just perfect! I loved everything about this place and would stay here again! Easy access to the S Bahn train, after a short bus ride, the restaurant next door to the hotel was fantastic as well. I will be staying here again if and when I make my way back to Munich!

Bar/restaurant layout was cramped and uncomfortable, but served its purpose.

Everything you need in an airport hotel. It's near the airport, and they run the shuttle on time. The staff speak English very well. The restaurant serves decent dinner and breakfast starts very early.

When I was about to have breakfast staff informed me my room hasn't been paid for. We went back and forth, and it took me a while to produce the confirmation sheet I had gotten from my band leader that booked the room (we are an internationally touring group) I wasted over 30min with that and since my Airport shuttle was leaving I had to miss out on breakfast - before catching a 10 hour flight. I really still don't understand what the problem was or if there ever was one.

Nice rooms, clean

Little bit far from the airport and Munich city. But transposition is fabulous

I m Rajithangani from Sri Lanka. This is a nice place to stay. It takes 45 minutes from Munich Airport. But if you call the hotel they send a shuttle which cost €9. Separate quarters are very clean and good. It's a nice small village. Very calm and nice stay. If you need food close by bear garden and restaurant is fine. Only thing it takes one hour to 45 minutes to go to Munich city. But close by bustand is there to the station bus number 168. Then the train. I like this place because very calm stay.

the front desk staff was amazing and so friendly. the resturant is open late, great food and affordable. the staff helped us figure out the public transit and the hotel resident cat is always great for a cuddle.

• Single Room - Park, Sleep + Fly

Paid wifi.At a good hotel this should be free off charge like i had all over the hotels in Norway. Choise at breakfast was very limited I missed comfertable chair to sit in the room

Super service by the staf,shuttle and reception. perfect to have breakfast at 05.15 in the morning very spacias room,

A lift to the second floor.

As a stay-over before catching a plane out of Munich it was absolutely ideal. It is not five star but it does not present itself as a five star establishment. It is exactly the right place to stay at if you're arriving late in the day or early evening and need an early morning start.

Public areas were messy and carpets need cleaning. Furnishing could be updated.

Close to the airport & quiet. Rooms are spacious. Reasonable restaurant onsite.

• Double Room - Park, Sleep + Fly

did not like this hotel. is deserted, only a restarant who is hotel, decent food but could not have a cup of coffee outside, does not come and use this hotel more

In smaller building this visit. Very, very noisy all night long. (I believe it was the kitchen staff, and cleaning staff doing their cleaning/laundry, which I understand, but it was right under my room and very loud) There is also no elevator in this building, so if your bags are heavy, it can be difficult. That aside, the room was clean and comfortable although I prefer the larger building.

I have stayed here a few times before morning flight from Munich. And as always, Best meal I have ever had! The restaurant is amazing. Do have the Strudel with Vanilla sauce, it's divine!I will dream about that meal for a long time! Highest marks to the restaurant.

Nothing to complain about.

Reception service was excellent. Room was good, clean and specious. Optional airport shuttle service was perfect organized.

• Single Room - Park, Sleep + Fly

Charge to airport with hotel's shuttle No elevators to help schlep luggage up several flights of stairs Long time to check in and it was a late arrival Loud, loud woman screaming for at least a half hour during our time we were walking to our room through our time settling in our room and trying to go to sleep. Felt like a brothel.

Convenience

It was not conveniently located. Had to take a train, bus and walk to the hotel. Way difficult to find on your own and too much walking when loaded down with luggage. The name "Airport Hotel Regent" is misleading. Definitely NOT NEXT TO THE AIRPORT!

Restaurant on site.

• Single Room - Park, Sleep + Fly

1.They didn't have good wi-fi . 2.The breakfast wasn't rich . 3.They didn't have products for shower . 4.One employee fat lady at the reception was very terrible . 5.The food at the restaurant was expensive and terrible . 6.The room has tv but didn't work .

I liked the sauna .

I thought I had the right converter to charge my phone, but I didn't. Would be nice to have some converters, even for a fee, in the room.

The shuttle was timely, The staff was super efficient and friendly. The breakfast at the onsite restaurant was wonderful! I was a bit bummed that it was only an overnight stay (as a connection between Valencia, ES and the US. But, as it happens, this property gave me an authentic taste for Munich and its culture. If I come through Munich again. I will definitely try to stay here.

Would have been nice to be able to charge phone etc while away from the room (electricity turns off when you take your key out of power control)

Room was very light and airy.

A bit on the expensive side for the quality of the room. Having a kettle and some tea and coffee in the room would improve the experience.

Very pleasant atmosphere, staff mainly helpful. Very good shuttle service, lovely restaurant.

1) Rooms do not have air conditioning. It was hot, and we had to keep the windows open. The problem is that you will hear all the planes taking off and landing (maybe not so much if you keep the windows closed when is colder). I'm a light sleeper and I was not able to sleep much. 2) Rooms where on 2nd floor. This is a problem when you are carrying big suitcases. My dad is almost 80 years old with back problems, and he had to carry his suitcases down. Person who took us to the airport was also an older man, and we had to help him put the suitcases on and off the trunk of the shuttle (which was fairly high). The younger man the day before was a LOT more helpful. 3) I paid for a breakfast I was not able to eat. I'm celiac, and I especifically asked the day before for the type of food they provide during breakfast. They told me cheese, ham, eggs, etc. So I paid. When I went there in the morning at 5:45am, they only had granola and bread with marmalade. I cannot eat gluten, so I was not able to eat anything. And when I went to complain to the reception, instead of saying "sorry for the confusion or inconvenience or misunderstanding, etc. and offering to refund my breakfast money, they started arguing with me. I stayed at 2 small hotels in Italy the week before, and they had breads, crackers, cakes, cookies, etc gluten free (it was a standard offering for them). I also wanted to BUY one of the beer glasses from the restaurant to bring to my husband and asked the waiter. She went inside to ask, and they said "no". Seriously?

Big rooms which was a nice surprise considering most of the hotel rooms in Europe are tiny. Convenient- close to the airport if you have to take an early flight. Restaurant on site.

An outlet near the head of the bed would have been nice.

My taxi driver at the airport did not know where the Regent was located. I had him drop me off at the Ibis because I didn't have enough cash for him to wander around. The clerk at the Ibis was wonderful and called the regent for me, and the Regent staff came and got me! He was so kind and accommodating. I also liked the soap.😄

Online photo is misleading. It's not a cute little Bavarian inn, but rather a large apartment complex that's been converted to a motel. Comfortable but not attractive.

Beautiful hotel and very cozy and clean rooms. Photos of rooms reflect the high level of quality in reality and were even above my expectations. Perfect option for staying not only one night before departure (close to the airport) and surprisingly with breakfast early in the morning. The hotel has also spa. Shuttle service to the airport included in price if you choose package sleep and fly. Will definitely come back.

AC didn't work and couldn't open the angled windows as it was raining out. USB connections for powering devices would be a big help. One on TV not powerful enough to charge iPad. Duvet too small for the bed so good thing it was only me this trip. My booking through booking.com quoted in canadian, then currency changed to euros and increased. Website said breakfast included, but confirmation changed and said breakfast extra. It's still a great deal, but didn't like the constant changes to my expected costs, so not worth fighting over, just beware.

Close to Munich airport, very clean. Staff worked hard to speak in english. It's a nice setting and a restaurant on site is really useful. The shuttle service to the airport was really useful and exactly on time.

There were no dishes, pots, pans, and silverware for the kitchen. Hotel site lists air conditioning, but it only has a fan in the room.

The room was clean. The restaurant was excellent! Shuttle for the airport.

We booked this hotel to catch an early flight the following day. requested an early check in but customer service did not accommodate us even they have extra rooms available. We told them we are only staying for basically 16 hours, but they still charged us 1 1/2 days of stay because we checked in at 11 am instead of the normal 3PM check-in. Poor customer service. Bathroom has bugs, bed was very hard, dirty/stained carpet and the room was stuffy. It's good that the room has a mini fridge, microwave and two burners but you cannot cook since there is no pots, pans, utensils or anything.

Hard to find a parking spot, room was in a different building, depressing room , Even so the furniture were new and the bathroom was renovated, didn't have a nice feeling . Kitchenette was in the room but no utensils or coffee maker. The phone to the reception didn't work, had to walk back and forth to get somebody to get the tv going. Found out that someone else had complained about the phone in September 2016.

The shuttle was very reliable and friendly Service personnel was friendly

Our room faced west and the afternoon sun and it was HOT. We left the door open for while and even then the room did not cool down to my liking.

Room nicely organized and nice bathroom with long shelf for cosmetics. In a residential neighborhood with a large vegetable garden across from our balcony. Watching planes take off from the balcony was great. Restaurant was good both for dinner and breakfast. We did pay for the breakfast which was optional. Bed was comcortable.

Not near the city center but closer to airport. They offer breakfast for $8.50 and it served our purpose but the offerings were just ok. The fruit medley was not as fresh ( seemed like out of a can or was frozen then thawed) and breads were a little dry.

Stayed overnight for a flight out the next day. They had a shuttle for $9/room. Room had a kitchenette with microwave, mini fridge, faucet/sink and cupboards. Queen bed was comfortable, bathroom was clean and decent size. We walked to a mini-market about 1/2 mile ( 10 minute walk) away and felt safe.

The room was okay but overall it isn't the most pleasant hotel (various residential buildings they converted). Corridors etc are quite dirty, bathroom was clean though.

Shuttles to the airport can be booked for only 9 euros. For one night convenient. I didn't eat at the restaurant (just had a coffee which was nice) but you can get food until 10pm which is good.

Our room was very hot. A fan would have been very helpful in making it more comfortable.

It felt like a very traditional style German village, and it was close to the airport.

In Room 14 we were not able to take a shower because water temperature could not be controlled no matter what we did. Not only that, but water pressure was not there at all.

The room itself was really nice, with the little balcony and hearing all the birds singing and owl making noises. Restaurant staff was really pleasant and helpful and food was enjoyable. We loved the yard and grounds area...all the little placements of the bicycle and flowers and the big wooden wagon were all pleasant touches to the yard areas. The outdoor eating areas we liked also.

We were not given adequate information about public transport to Munich. We were not informed, when we asked, that we could book public transport (bus and train) to Munich at the hotel, and as a result lost nearly half a day from our brief visit. Also a map showing the location of the nearest bus and train station would be useful, especially for non-German speakers.

Good restaurant - German atmosphere is great. Pleasant surroundings

Excellent location to Airport and shuttle service to airport was exceptional; rooms were spacious and clean with refrigerator and hot plate stove. Very friendly and courteous staff.

Room was warm, no A/C or fan available. Window did not provide enough ventilation open and the street noise was a factor also. I would think in the Summer it would be very uncomfortable to sleep with no ceiling fan at the least.

very professional staff, quick check-in, pick-up at the airport was quick and on time. Restaurant was very good both for Dinner and breakfast. Being in Bavaria, it would be good if they had Pretzels, Pretzel bread available.

A very nice, comfortable, and quiet stay in a little neighborhood not far from the airport. The hotel offered a shuttle for 9 euros per room/couple, and we had a wonderful breakfast for 8 euros per person. We walked to a well stocked supermarket which had lots of food and a bakery (10 minute walk).

The high step up to the nice bathtub is treacherous and could be very dangerous for anyone who is tired from a journey or not totally careful, nevermind someone with any weakness or balance issues. The glass barrier that gives the tub a little bit of privacy is at the *tap end*, making it impossible to turn the tap on without getting into the tub first. My nice room was on the top floor and very HOT, and the windows only open a crack. Even a stand-fan would have been gorgeous. It is early summer, and the mosquitoes were awful. The beergarden is not really a garden. It is close and stuffy. The hotel provides citronella candles in the biergarten, but no matches. I suggest that staff come around themselves to light these *before* the bugs come out. Possibly they are understaffed l. I am not disabled, but I was exhausted when I arrived, having traveled all day long by bus, foot, and train for many hours . I asked politely and apologetically well in advance, the night before and again an hour before leaving, if someone could help me with my luggage from the 4th floor of the distant building I was in, and the answer was a curt and unsympathetic "Well, we'll try." Again this isn't a cheap hostel. If another guest hadn't found me struggling in the stairwell about to faint I might have cracked my head on the stairs or worse. If someone says they need help, the staff should take it much more seriously. Maybe this is a place for athletes only? I certainly can't imagine anyone in a wheelchair or recently having suffered an injury or illness staying here, it is so inaccessible. I stayed in a much cheaper hostel in Bayreuth the previous week, and although I didn't expect any help or much from anyone there, *they* were really helpful and kind. Not at this place, which is more expensive.

My room was very spacious, spotless, and comfortable. The bathtub is clean and deep. Airport shuttle is helpful.

I was a little confused about the restaurant. The outside door says it's the restaurant, but there are numerous unlabeled doors inside the main door, so you just need to open several in order to discover the restaurant. Maybe it's a check on guests' senses of humor?

It was great to be able to call for the shuttle from the airport on arrival, and have it pick me up promptly. The staff was courteous and helpful room was very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

Ho airconditioning, poor quality pillows and towels, very inconventient layout of hotel; very far from Airport

The management changed our room choice while we were gone.

It is not a big hotel, but the service is great. First, the shuttle bus is really convenient, the driver arrived in 10 minutes after I called the reception desk . Second, the staffs there are really helpful, Ary helped me to open up my locked suitcase in 3 minutes, which was amazing! Third, the room is very tidy and comfortable, especially the bathroom is new and clean and big. Plus, there are one cute dog and one fat cat. I would choose this warm and cozy hotel rather than ibis.

First, let me say that's my husband and I arrived by train to the Munich Airport. We had been told to then go to the information desk and that they would call the hotel. That sounded like a recipe for disaster but it was oh so easy. The information does was right in the entryway. We had someone there to pick us up within 5 minutes! Very spacious, comfortable room and bed. Great water pressure in the shower. The restaurant was fantastic, the staff friendly and accomodating. The grounds were beautiful too. We wished we could stay longer. Super!

The attitude of the staff member who checked us in! As we had booked a twin room on both occasions but had been given a double bed on the first stay, I asked her to confirm that we had a twin room this time. She rudely replied that a twin room would have cost more but gave no option to change. As it happened, the room was a small duplex apartment with two beds, but it was situated up three flights of stairs with no lift! Having just got off a 12 flight with a heavy suitcase, we weren't best pleased but again it was too much hassle to return to reception for just one night stay.

Having stayed at the hotel a couple of weeks previously, we weren't surprised by the style of the property, although we stayed in a different part. It was quiet.

Although I had booked a twin room, we were given a double bed. Unfortunately, because we had already walked from the main reception with our cases, it was too much hassle to ask to be moved, just for one night.

The property was one of a number of houses all within a few minutes walk of the main reception and restaurant. It was very quiet and the room had all the amenities, although a bit too hot for the time of year. The shuttle to the airport, although not free, was very reasonably priced and efficient.

bed was harder than I preferred & the pillows were not what I was used to.The service was very friendly & helpful,the location was very peaceful,ideal for a quiet getaway but with transport from the hotel to airport ,railway & buses very handy.

We needed more pillows, and it was too late to ask housekeeping.

Perfect for our needs, this is a family business with a very accommodating host. He found us a room with ac when we asked and cheerfully gave us the key, no questions asked. Comfortable beds and updated bathrooms. Ours had a tub! The hotel Is geared to making your last night near Munich a breeze. Breakfast at ungodly hours, and shuttles to get you to the airport at the right time. They have a restaurant for a convenient dinner just steps away. We had dinner in the garden. Very reasonable prices for everything. We heard there was a sauna and fitness room but we didn't try them. The rooms were spotless and some were newly renovated. We used their reasonably priced shuttle service twice, once after we dropped off our car at the airport to bring us to the hotel for our last night in Germany and then again the next morning to take us to our plane at 5am. Airport Regent hotel takes the worry out of all these practical things. We were tired and grateful for the services. And Halbergmoos is a nice town for a little walk too.

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

Everything is perfect

Excellent little place for pre-flight home. Staff were so friendly and room was immaculate. Have stayed here several times. Always satisfied. The restaurant is excellent although I was not feeling well this trip and did not get to enjoy a meal there. Past meals have been delicious. No complaints about anything.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

It's not one place but several small buildings, so you may have to walk a block or two in the street from reception to you room (we had to walk two - under the rain and with our luggage).

Close to the airport but quiet as if in real countryside. Nice beer bar on site.

Tres bien situe, tres bon service de personnel, genial, restaurant et bar avec repas de bon qualite de bon prix. Well situated for airport with shuttle service, very pleasant staff, nice little restaurant and bar with good selection of home cooked dishes including for vegetarians.

Browse Airporthotel Regent traveller photo gallery