Reviews of Hotel Heide Kröpke 4 stars

Esseler Damm 1, 29690 Essel, Germany

#1 of 1 hotels in Essel

Better wi-fi and small updates to the style would have made this property top of the line.

The Hotel was very nice but clearly not "up to date" by USA standards (the wall mounted alarm clock for example) ... it was a bit of a flash back to the 70's, but very much top of the line from that period. It was very clean and the property had excellent up keep. There were hotel plush bathrobes and other such items to make you feel a bit pampered. The breakfast was good, but our dinner at their resturant was FABULOUS!

This is a spa hotel and we arrived late so did not have time to use the spa facilities. The room price was high when you could not make use of the spa.

Nice quiet location in a wooded area some 6 km by road from the autobahn exit

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

The beds and there was no shower caps

This is easy to locate and for a night this is fine. The restaurant was really good and the staff nice. The beds was not very comfortable

• Family Room

Air conditioning would have been nice. Wifi wasn't very fast and kept cutting off. Booking.com had let me reserve a family room for 2 people, even though I had 2 adults and 2 children in my search options. I had to pay a little extra for the children. Without the extra payment, the hotel would have been very good value for the money, now it was just ok.

The room was huge, with 2 bedrooms upstairs. Even though the furnishings were outdated, the room was clean. Separate bathtub and shower in the bathroom were nice. There were bathrobes in the room, so a quick visit to the hotel pool and saunas (both excellent) was easy. Breakfast was ok. The hotel is located almost in the middle of nowhere, so it is peaceful. Serengeti Park was approx. a 10 minute drive away.

Very rude morning receptionist. I asked if it was possible to drink my morningcoffee on the terrace and she sighed heavily, shooed me down the corridor and shouted out in the kitchen "make a cappucino". Upon check out we had a question regarding the bill and were treated like lower class ignorants. I have never met such a condescending rude receptionist. I dont understand how the hotel can have an employee like that, it ruined the whole experience, which is a shame, because we really enjoyed the rest of the experience.

Evening receptionist was warm and welcoming. Great big rooms. Excellent food via roomservice. Lovely nature surrounding.

• Reviewed: 13 August 2016

Miscommunication between Booking.com and the hotel. We booked room for 5 people (2+3), but the hotel wanted to charge us in addition for childrens:( At the end of the day negotiations were finished in our favor:)

We prick it for the location near Serengeti park. Nice place.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

There are not many restaurants around. The choice is limited.

We like this hotel very much. The room is big and comfortable. The balcony is good. My sons like the swimming pool and I like the Sauna, where there is free drinking water with lemon. The hotel is in a natural park. The environment ist good.

Staff very friendly and spoke good English. The food was very good.

Is some how expensive

Clean,big rooms the pool was so fantastic great place to be

Tennis court and play area unusable

Good pool and food

• Reviewed: 22 August 2016

Seems that the rooms are not renovated for long. Old carpet flooring, bathroom fittings etc.

The location was very nice and calm

• Reviewed: 6 August 2016

Ok rooms and beds. The breakfast-buffet was wonderfull.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

• Comfort Double Room

Cannot think of anything.

The food and the very helpful staff. The rooms were also great and quiet.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

• Comfort Double Room

The gym Was Quite small

Breakfast Was good Indoor pool Small soccergoal outside Dinner in restaurant Was nice

• Reviewed: 24 August 2015

We booked as a family of 5, and got a price for that upon booking. But upon arrival they claimed we only booked for a family of three. Thus, the price we got for five was only valid for three, and they wanted us to pay extra for the other two children. I had to show them a booking procedure on booking.com to prove that I was right. They agreed on the price, but I did not get a bed for my third child. I sent them an e-mail with proof and I was promised a response from the manager. As I'm writing this review, I still haven't heard a word. "The customer is always right" does not apply. Keep in mind that stores in the area does not accept any credit cards, so you need cash. The hotel staff tried to give directions to a town with an ATM, but their English skills needs improvement. I didn't find the town they mentioned, but another one :-)

The hotel was really nice. It is situated in a secluded area away from the highway, which was a nice change of pace for us on our drive through Europe. The kids loved a dip in the pool and had a lot of fun on their small, but interesting playground.

• Reviewed: 11 April 2016

Expensive given location

Good size room

There are also 3 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Hotel Heide Kröpke traveller photo gallery