Reviews of Akzent Hotel Möhringer Hof Superior This is the official star rating given to the property by an independent third party - the Hotelstars Union. The property is compared to the industry standard and scored based on price, facilities and services offered. Use the star rating to help choose your stay!

Hechinger Straße 64, Möhringen, 70567 Stuttgart, Germany

#95 of 113 hotels in Stuttgart

4.5

World worst experience.
    • Economy Double Room

It's our first time to Germany, we've suffering the world worst service we've never experienced before, the hotel owner made us a very bad first impression to Germany even the view is really nice and the other people we met are friendly and nice. 1. When we confirm the hotel details, they shouted us but we are clients right, and we are very polite to call them and just want to confirm. 2. When we arrived the hotel in middle night while outside was very cold, we couldn't open the hotel door at all and tried more than 10 times still can't open, we were thinking the owner lock from inside and asked them for help, they shouted we 4 Chinese girls again & again, not helpful at all! 3. When we have breakfast the other day, they ridiculed us again without any reason, I don't think this is the right attitude to customers. To other people whom going to book this hotel if you want to make your trips happy, please do think about it.

the hotel is clean

Good, but won't stay here again.
    • Economy Double Room

The owner is very rude and unhelpful with even simple requests. The "free" wifi is a joke - it kicks you off at exactly the 30 minute mark and takes around 3 minutes to reestablish a connection. Parking was very difficult to find after 1700.

Bed was comfortable, and good amount of storage space.

Good breakfast, clean room, comfortable bed
    • Economy Double Room

Attitude of the owner, the fact that we gave all the needed information a day before, yet he still needed half an hour to make a bill, which was wrong.

Good breakfast, clean room, comfortable bed

Very Clean, Comfortable Beds.

Owner was a bit severe on our arrival,, however, a lot better the next day and the rest of our stay, overall we were happy with our stay.

Very Clean, Comfortable Beds. Breakfast excellent

Family own place - that is, due to amount I spent "on...

Family own place - that is, due to amount I spent "on the road" very important to me... One get fed up with all chains, where staff, albeit nice, is just the staff... Due to nature/ timing of my job I had no real opportunity to enjoy/ use free breakfast, but I believe it was "solid" as everything in this place.. As for garage, it take medium skilled driver to get in/out - as everywhere in Europe. So, if you are "unskilled driver" - stay on street... :-) (I had ZERO issue, but some "unskilled guests" did...)

Not recommended

Staff were neither helpful nor friendly. My friends and I felt scolded before and during the stay. In our 6-day journey in Germany, this was the only hotel we felt like this. Also we had some problems communicating English.

Room was clean

Good breakfast after a shallow sleep.
    • Green Housekeeping single room

* Subjectively too much traffic noise from the street next to the hotel. * I had a shallow sleep all nights (not sure if it was the traffic or the bed). * WIFI is unusable slow and you have to reconnect every 30 minutes. * Payed WIFI option allows more than one device, but isn't much faster.

A very broad, fresh and tasty breakfast buffet.

I would rather sleep on the street rather than stay in this Hotel.... but is not allowed
    • Economy Double Room

Another Hotel would have been better

Nothing I did like, no comfort what so ever. Booking.com says free net but it wasn't, so funny you have to reconnect every few minuets to get it free. Booking.com says shuttle bus but there wasn't one. The story is long but not pleasant simply I feel that Booking.com should be aware of such important remarks to keep their trust among their loyal customers.....

Fit for purpose.
    • Quadruple Room

We had a small room for 4 people decorated in the theme of the musical "We Will Rock You" which was slightly odd. There was a double bed and two fold out chairs which were okay. The hotel is on a main suburban street, I am glad we were on the back of the building. The quality of the breakfast was lower that other places we stayed, and this place wasn't markedly cheaper. If you are not using a Euro credit card, you should note they do not take American Express and use a credit card processor who converts the currency at a bad rate before charging your credit card company which adds about 10% to the bill.

The hotel is clean and neat.

The place is clean

Home icy limit hostile! From the start we were told : It's "booking" that booked, I owe you nothing ! For ultimately simply tell us that it does not take the american express card. Some have not understood that politeness is free. Wifi very mediocre and in addition paying.

The place is clean

No Air
    • Economy Double Room

it was extremely hot and we were in attic apartment with no air conditioning. when I called reception to ask about possibility of a fan they said no and that they understood it was hot as they lived in the building. no customer service.

location was good

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

Very bad service in general:
    • Economy Double Room

Very bad service in general: Reception close at 22:00 every day. I was at the reception at 20:00 for a quick question but was forced to wait half on hour on the line. No Air condition. Bad value for money.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

Very accommodating and clean hotel.
    • Economy Double Room

There's nothing wrong with the hotel but their are cultural differences than what we're used to in the far West. The pillows were super flat and not at all useful. Petty? Yes, and is more of a cultural differences than a ding on the hotel.

The owners take pride in their hotel and really do what they can to accommodate guests and our preferences.

• Reviewed: 4 December 2016

Not recommended - Bad experience

Monday to Saturday hotel manager will be available till 10 pm. Sunday till 2pm. After that you have to enter via back door. If you forgot your access card inside, you have to be outside :D no other option.

The property is somehow okay. But not worth for the money whatever you are paying. The guy will not respect Indians. Stupid guy. That fellow's attitude is not good. So better avoid staying in this hotel

• Reviewed: 5 November 2016

If you want a place close to the moterway and don t mind a rude owner
    • Quadruple Room

We booked for 5 people, but apparently the room was only allowed for 4. The owner was very rude about this and starting complaining endlessly on the online bookings. Instead of just mentioning and if correct just tell what the extra cost is. Even putting an extra chair for breakfast was hard. Not to be repeated.

Location close to motorway

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

The hosts are very nice and accomodating.
    • Economy Double Room

The hosts are very nice and accomodating. They speak English, so in case your German is bad, you can always communicate with them. The hotel is close to the center. And the neighbourhood is lovely.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

Horrible wifi connection;

Horrible wifi connection; non-sense "wifi connectivity policy": I payed more than 150€ per night and I should pay 1,5 € for better wifi connection; payment during check-in (that means btw other invoice at check out when I accept 1,5€ fee for the wifi), poor breakfest

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

Good stay near airport

The room had no fan or air conditioning which I know is typical for Germany. There were people smoking during all parts of the day below my window. With the window open to cool off the room or just get fresh air in the room, I seemed to always get the cigarette smoke coming in. Parking is also limited here. Many days I ended up parking in the nearby housing area and walking a couple blocks to the hotel.

The staff was awesome. Very well stocked breakfast area. Really enjoyed the mornings and talking with the owner each morning. Very welcoming

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

will never stay again
    • Quadruple Room

room was too small just like 4 bed 's size they did asked to pay breakfast fee for my chikd under 6 as adult it was not kibd approach which I have never met before owner or worker were not kind although it says wifi free ,they said ıonly half hour and very poor quality wifi for only one person usage is free ,addition is subject to pay it looks like hotel but I didn t feel like that it seems like a pension acc to my opinion Also be aware that there is no ac in the room.

Parking availability around hotel and breakfast was fine. room was clean

Really really good. Nice people, warm welcome, good location for transport, nice restaurants nearby

I would’ve liked the option to have some toast in the morning

Friendliness of staff, v helpful. Good continental breakfast

Not bad.
    • Green Housekeeping single room

The hotel far away from central

bad

bad treatment not wlcome

It was good to stay there for business. Very easy to get to where I needed to go.
    • Economy Double Room

Staff was very accomodating and friendly.

Nice small hotel.
    • Quadruple Room

Reception closed when we arrived around 9.00 pm though clear instructions have been left what to do.

Clean, comfortable, located near the airport.

Staff is very rude and accused us of not meeting their standards as guests
    • Family Room with Bathroom

Staff. Very rude and racist. Save yourself the headache of dealing with them and book another hotel.

Leaving

Friendly Stuttgart

Limited inside parking & street parking difficult.

Staff were very helpful with directions and local information.

Staff not friendly.
    • Economy Double Room

Staff not friendly. They seemed upset when I asked for an early check in.

closed to the airport where we had exhibition

rude person at the reception - wifi limited - cost very expensive

closed to the airport where we had exhibition

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

Quiet

Bedsheet too small

Quiet Clean

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

Room was very clean and comfortable
    • Economy Double Room

Staff a little bit impolite at check-in, no free WiFi

Room was very clean and comfortable

The male receptionist was a douche
    • Double or Twin Room - Disability Access

The male receptionist was a douche

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

Avoid it if possible
    • Economy Double Room

probably everything. Not good match for me.

Leaving

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

A fair place to stay

Free wifi or WLAN instead of the expensive access.

The staff and owners were very friendly and professional.

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

staff was friendly
    • Quadruple Room

hotel price is way over priced

staff was friendly

• Reviewed: 20 March 2016

Very good location in between downtown Stuttgart and...

Price is quiet high for such an hotel but this is probably due to the posh suburb it is settled in...

Very good location in between downtown Stuttgart and strawberry fields in the open!!!

• Reviewed: 30 December 2015

The breakfast service was good as well the food.

Receptionist male middle age "german" has a rude attitude...not polite my wife asking for a natural mineral water because all has gaz on it and telling my wife "coz german people drink with gaz water"...funny coz we are asian... paying my bills with credit card telling me "oh no money".. oops and last thing he said to me even if you booked in booking.com he even doesn't get my confirmation and just asking my name instead of showing to him..i forgot to get his name but i assure you if you are asian just don't go here. i'd rather pay more than to meet this type of so called "german".

The breakfast service was good as well the food. The room was nice and clean . price is reasonable fair price.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2015

We arrived exhausted after many hours of travel, but our...

There could be more on-site parking.

We arrived exhausted after many hours of travel, but our hosts were most gracious and patient us. We were fortunate enough to be in a special Broadway themed room. And our breakfast was a large, lovely selection of local favorites.

• Reviewed: 29 November 2015

The reception desk (man) was very rude.

The reception desk (man) was very rude. Needs a revisit into hospitality classes and how to welcome guests. Attitude was "I don't care" and looks at guest suspiciously. The hotel turns off elevators at night and is not friendly for elderly or disabled people. The reception is not 24 hours open so no possibility of late night arrivals.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2015

Supposedly free parking but it cost me few bucks a day.

Supposedly free parking but it cost me few bucks a day. The way of stuff manner scares me a bit. We were just 5 mints earlier for breakfast, we must wait a while to get table.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2015

I liked that it was close to where I worked.

The male owner seems a bit annoyed in his attitude, but nothing bad. I did not like being charged for 5 nights when I tried to check out Wednesday night and learned I still had to pay until Friday regardless.

I liked that it was close to where I worked. The website said free wifi, but you have to pay a small fee. I also didn't like paying for parking; however, it's limited slots and convenient so I didn't mind this at all. It was clean and the staff was okay (especially the young man that works at the front counter...he's very friendly and helpful).

• Reviewed: 26 July 2015

Clean, good maintenance

The overall expirience was not good. the room isn't fitting 4-6 person stay. It was too warm without even having a simple ventilator. the bads are not fitting even low standard. not recommended

Clean, good maintenance

• Reviewed: 21 July 2015

Staff was very friendly.

The room was way too hot. It was on the top floor and after a hot day, the temperature was over 30*C without any way of cooling it down: no airco, no fan, nothing.

Staff was very friendly.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2015

Cleanliness was outstanding and breakfast was very good.

Complicated pay Wifi, normally free in most good hotels. Traffic noise needed closed windows for sleep, and means no fresh air.

Cleanliness was outstanding and breakfast was very good. Breakfast service was friendly. Owner friendliness was acceptable.

• Reviewed: 2 March 2015

They have wifi.

There is only 6 parks by spits that are usually taken up by the neighbors. The hotel closes on the weekend meaning there is no staff, the power went out in half my room and I had to find the fuse box and deal with the problem myself.

They have wifi.

• Reviewed: 29 December 2015

bad wifi

• Reviewed: 24 October 2015

The Room was nice and clean

The attention need to improve

The Room was nice and clean

• Reviewed: 15 October 2015

No English Channel on TV

Breakfast and Close to Messe Plaza

• Reviewed: 12 September 2015

Every thing was fantastic

Every thing was fantastic

• Reviewed: 29 August 2015

It's a Family owned Hotel.

Rude management. Not hospitable. No free wifi.

It's a Family owned Hotel. Location is good, near the highway and city center.

• Reviewed: 10 July 2015

I like the comfort of the hotel.

I like the comfort of the hotel. It was great for my purpose and was conviently located to my work location and town.

• Reviewed: 25 June 2015

Quite location with easy access to Stuttgart.

Getting WiFi is combersome.

Quite location with easy access to Stuttgart.

• Reviewed: 17 February 2015

Very friendly hosts

Very friendly hosts

There are also 22 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.