Reviews of All In Hostel Berlin This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services offered. It is based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Grünberger Str. 54, Friedrichshain-Kreuzberg, 10245 Berlin, Germany

#552 of 579 hotels in Berlin

Based on 303 hostel reviews

- the sink in the toilet was blocked a few times. - room service was not available every day. - sometimes too much noise from (probably) school groups.

Breakfast was beyond basic. No fruit aside from apples. Only consisted of Brötchen and Mortadella. The elevator wouldn't always operate correctly. And no free wifi and when I did purchase it, it logs you out constantly (each time you close your phone) and requires you to log back in each time

4 of the 5 staff I met were absolutely horribly rude: the woman I checked in with rolled her eyes when I asked where the lift was; as I had 4 suitcase with me. They put me in the wrong room, then yelled at me saying I’d gone in the wrong room. When I argued the key card they gave me A/ was that room, and B/ opened the room door, she said “stupid English” (I’m Australian) and walked off. I then had to go and get the new key. The rooms were disgusting, what looked like yellow vomit stained the floor, sheets weren’t changed in 7 days my entire stay. I’ll never stay here again. Also they charge you €20 “tax” even though booking.com charges this addition in the total cost, as shown on your receipt.

Internet should be free. If not, the 3G/4G on my phone was crappy, so maybe something in the building is blocking it. Worth taking a look, as it was like this last time half a year ago. Could also have included a hair dryer.

Location and quality to price ratio is excellent. Helpful and nice staff!

Had to pay for wifi which was not available in the rooms. The breakfast was appaling. Extremely rude security guard. Hidden fees. Shower head was broken. Paid for late check out but were checked out early anyway.

Was in a good location.

On photos was shown that room with private toilet has toilet in the room, but it was next to room, in toilet there was not hot woter so there was extremly hot and extramly cold, Two times I asked to fix but nobady did it

Location is correct

• Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room with Shared Bathroom

The rooms are very dark and uncomfortable, equipment and design not very new.

Very good value for money! Besides, the staff gave us good tips about the major sights in Berlin and a free city map.

• Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room with Shared Bathroom

Lots of very noisy guests - school group that was not told to have some consideration for other guests. Bathroom/shower changing areas need some wet mats so the moisture is not walked through. Shelving in showers would be handy for body wash, shampoo etc. mattress protector worn out, just asked for a second sheet, was no problem. Remember to pack your flip flops/thongs for the shower.

Great location, great value for money

very noisy place, a lot of teens there making noise and the walls are super thin. I waited for the reception man 10 minutes to show up. the room was disgusting (mold on the curtains).

cheap

• Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room with Shared Bathroom

The women's bathroom on the top floor was locked every night and when it was open it smelled weird. There was exactly one electrical socket in an 8 person dorm. The bedroom door of 8 person dorm literally had to be SLAMMED in order to close properly. Thw wifi sucked and you have to pay to use linens (sheets and towels). The staff was friendly and helpful and the neighborhood was cool. Can the owners please do some maintenance on this property ?

• Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room with Shared Bathroom

This place has terrible service, it allows one single bed having couples, so you pay for yourself but have to share the room with dozens, which make it a living hell, especially to sleep. Service is lazy, they charge you for nothing, you have to make your bed and showers are dirty and stinking to pee. There's no reason anyone should stay here, even the price you get something better than this.

Nothing. This place is absolutely rubbish. Each bed had one couple and where it fit 8 people in a room, I saw 16. It doesn't meet any quality requirement. It stays in a good location but even so it's not too close to the metro and the restaurants nearby are very fancy. Who can afford eating in these restaurants, might be able to pay something better.

There is no free wifi in the rooms.

Very good place close to uban and tram and short walk to Ostbahnhof Station. Clean rooms in safety area with nice caffehouses and bars around.

• Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room with Shared Bathroom

We arrived and the member of staff working took our payment and gave us our keys. We went upstairs and the beds weren't stripped so we assumed there hadn't been a mistake. We went back downstairs to say that the beds weren't stripped, and were also covered in underwear. We wanted a refund and just to try somewhere else and the staff member was so rude and did not show any sympathy or understanding of the situation and told us that if we didn't like it, we could call the police. So we had to stay there. When we returned shortly after with our belongings, there was a teenage couple having sex in one of the beds... and just to rub salt in the wound, there was no free wifi which is not convenient given we were trying to make plans for our trip. It wouldn't have been so bad if it had been like a tenner a night but it was fifty euros for one night for two people.

Just the couple in the other room very effusive in their love expressions all night long :P (good for them!)

Nice place, very complete of services offer, near a lot of good bar and restaurants and in one of the best neighbourhoods of Berlin. I didn't get breakfast, but I saw it and I'm sure it represents a very good option for good price. I had access to baggage storage without time limits and I had space to leave my bicycle too. Secure and quiet place.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

• Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room with Shared Bathroom

THE SMELL IS TERRIBLE EVERYWHERE, THERE ARE JUST TWO PLUGS IN A ROOM FOR 8 PEOPLE, NO WIFI IN THE ROOM, PLUS YOU HAVE TO PAY IT SEPARATED, YOU CANNOT DRINK INSIDE THE RROM AND YOU PAY FOR THE TOWELS

IT'S NEAR OF MANY BARS

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

• Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room with Shared Bathroom

Loud room, the water pipe goes through the room 122 waking me up. No hair dryer in the bathrooms. The other guests of my room disturbed the room without feeling so sorry about it.

Cheap stay in the center of Berlin. Clear instructions by friendly stuff. Lock for your stuff

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

So noisy.people around our rooms was very noisy until 11:30pm and also from 4am. They listed noisy music and shouted, singed jumped and so on. How we can sleep?

• Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room with Shared Bathroom

I had a bad experience with people in my room. I give the hostel huge amount of credit for trying to get them to stop being obnoxious, but they were unable to move me due to a fully booked Easter Weekend. Security stopped by a few times and they finally left. Frustrating, but that's not the hostel's fault, the hostel did everything they could for me! Wifi was paid and didn't work anywhere. I used my cell data plan instead. Check in was slow, but I came late at night when a train came in from Berlin and others were on the same train as me. Not their fault we all came at once on the same train!

I loved the size of the rooms. Large and able to move around, with a good area for socialization with other hostel members. The bathroom facilities were nice. The common bathrooms on the first floor are open but were not an issue for me (I was in sports while younger), and being a large hostel, not many people were showering at the same time as you (unless you slept in to ~9a). Always kept clean, one morning I found myself showering, using up way too much hot water. Nobody came in. I was confused because it was 9am and the day before was packed. Ended up the cleaners were cleaning and waiting for me to finish! I could see them constantly cleaning the facilities. The hot water and pressure were stellar, so my sweaty long walks through Berlin were easily fixed by 20 minute showers. No push button showers, which is excellent, those are annoying. I would come back here again. As a student of history, I may be back in Berlin for research in the future and will look straight to All In, rather than anywhere else.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

• Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room with Shared Bathroom

no individual lights in dorms, only one overhead light, terrible breakfast, uncomfortable beds, only one or two badly place power points (steckdoese) in an 11 bed room. very poorly designed. Loud echo acoustics . Ugly building, low ceilings, bad light, bad atmosphere, unfriendly.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

The staff was really rude, especially the guy the first day that I arrived, the room was not clean and the tv and internet in the room wasn't working at all.Never again, the price for a single room doesn't worth it!

The only good thing of this hostel is the position

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

• Standard Room for 4-8 People

-No free wifi / Expensive to use. -No fridge,no second bath towel,no hairdryer,no mini tables in some rooms. They aren't so serious reasons but they have to do with comfort. -Humidity issues.

-The hostel was near restaurants/cafe bars/public transportation, easy central place. -Polite personell. -Clean. -Nice private bathroom. -Wardrobe. -Security code door and security clerk at night hours, makes you feel safe. -Luggage room. We would like to visit again.

• Reviewed: 23 December 2016

• Standard Room for 4-8 People with Shared Bathroom

The wifi should be free. But other than that, it was a nice stay!

This is an excellent hostel in a great location. Super close to all the trendy bars and multiple transit stops. The facilities, while basic and more traditional, were ample and always available. I've stayed here before and I will definitely stay here again.

• Standard Room for 4-8 People

#Worn out #filthy #bunk beds - there's not even a chair in the room. #Unfriendly staff #Close to impossible to park in the area #On booking.com the price was 308Euro, we were charged 560Euro in the hotel with the explanation that on top of the room charge we had to pay pr. person and local taxes. I took some time and discussions before we agreed on 320Euro. I cannot recommend this place. There must be better placed in Berlin.

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

The breakfast was really not good. Maybe it is just tipycal german but in My opinion it was so boring and and did not taste Nice. The People working there was pretty helpfull but not very friendly and seemed as they didn't know Anything about the neighbourhood. Maybe it was just because they didn't know english that Well. The website needed more specific writing about the facilities so that People know what they get.

the room it self was okay, and we could get in around the clock and the wifi was good

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

A bathmat would have been nice.

If you want to be on spot in Friedrichshain and have your expectations set to "Hostel" then that's your place to stay.

No noise from the other rooms, but the hallways are like echochambers and although the hostel is in a relatively quiet courtyard, there is still a lot of noise from the outside, especially in the early morning. Wifi access has to be purchased separately and is then only available in the impersonal, uninspiring lobby, and half of the time it still doesn't work. Rooms are okay but very bare, mattrasses are thin, bathroom small - not enough value for your money.

Friendly staff, great location in a lively neighbourhood with lots of nice bars and restaurants around the corner.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2016

• Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room with Shared Bathroom

Morning stuff was very rude. Room was dirty. Toilets were so dirty and smell disasterous. Beds were awful. On the photos hostel is more attractive.but i swear it was not as photos. Dont stay there. Staff changes 3x a day. Only second girl is normal. Morning staff is very rude. Didnt answer any question.

• Reviewed: 23 July 2016

• Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room with Shared Bathroom

There is no common room and there is no kettle or microwave available. The desktop PCs are expensive and very slow; it is better to pay to use the wifi if you have a smartphone.

The staff were always available and very helpful. They gave good advice and had a good sense of humour! The price is good and it is in a great location, close to Warschauer strasse station and Frankfurter Tor U-bahn.

• Reviewed: 18 July 2016

• Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room with Shared Bathroom

Everything was extremely expensive, and wifi was not free! I was surprised by that; everywhere else offers it as a courtesy. It wasn't even good wifi. Also, full of school groups and partyers, which was annoying. Though that isn't the hostels fault.

Everything was neat and the staff was friendly.

All

I liked everything!

Great food, rooms, location!

Paid wifi in 2018.

Cheap single room in a hostel. It met all the basics, which is good enough for me!

• Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room with Shared Bathroom

Tons of school trip students. Smelled really bad in my dorm room.

Good access to city center but still quiet.

Clean, tidy, great staff, easy access to transport and eating places.

The room was too small.

The restaurants around the area are good with a lot of choices. The location is close to the train and metro stations.

• Standard Room for 4-8 People

The neighbourhood is really nice, with lots of small, cosy restaurants.

• Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room with Shared Bathroom

No WiFi. No shower stalls.

Helpful staff. 24 hour checkout.

Paid wi-fi in hostel

my bed was comfortable

• Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room with Shared Bathroom

The pillows were super uncomfortable

Room and toilet clean... there were only few people while i was there so the place looked empty and no noise in the corridors/ rooms

• Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room with Shared Bathroom

I don't understand why you have to pay for wi-fi in an hostel. It's a really bad policy

Good location, good environment, good price

the noise from the water canes

• Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room with Shared Bathroom

so congested cost is more but rooms are very small

bedsheets are not installed as it is some trouble to do it all alone.

• Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room with Shared Bathroom

The toilet was a bit dirty and cold. The showers were shared.

Friendly staff!

• Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room with Shared Bathroom

The price of the rooms, for such a bad service! a bad hostel conditions!

Nothing at all!!!

• Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room with Shared Bathroom

check-in time is incorrect. they let me stay 2 bours after my scheduled check-in time.

location is the only good thing

Too

• Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room with Shared Bathroom

Communal showers, really not that nice a hostel relative to newer ones

Did the job

• Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room with Shared Bathroom

Lack of the parking space.

Superb location.

• Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room with Shared Bathroom

No free WiFi that too in a city which is a big promoter of free wifi

Only the location

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

• Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room with Shared Bathroom

Toilet is a little bit tiny.

Transportation is excellent because of nearby train, subway interchange

• Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room with Shared Bathroom

Better wifi, more charging sockets, Lap top that works

elevator not working and they don't change the towels

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

• Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room with Shared Bathroom

You have to pay for wifi by the hour and the it doesn't work in the rooms, you have to go into the common area.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

• Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room with Shared Bathroom

Perfect location, nice staff, clean facilities

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

Great location. Clean room.

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

the bed was broken

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

atmosphere and "decoration". Cleanliness

Quiet room, quite comfortable, good located

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

• Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

for what you are paying i would at least expect free internet in the lobby, but they want to charge for it.

as least the staff were nice

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

additional payment for internet.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

Staff... Bed... Bathroom...

Time to check out made me happy!

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

• Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room with Shared Bathroom

Beds made a lot of noise. Wifi not free and only in the lobby

Decent, clean hostel. Staff was friendly

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

• Standard Room for 4-8 People with Shared Bathroom

Cramped rooms and have to pay for wifi

Great location to good bars and restraunts.

• Reviewed: 20 March 2016

not really clean in the shared bathrooms, you have to pay for the internet

Good location, close to metro and a lot of bars-restaurants(nightlife) in Berlin.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2016

Rude not helpful guy at reception, no flexibility at all. no common area, no kitchen, overcrowded small rooms....arrogant approach...we can do whatever because it is Berlin.... Never paid 18 EUR per night for such a poor service anywhere else in Europe

only location

• Reviewed: 20 February 2016

Some of the rooms small and there is no good Wi-Fi there,its work perfectly in the lobby and a bit in the lounge but in the rooms nothing

Very good ppl over there, near by all the clubs and bars. I will be back the for sure. Btw try the burger restaurant just on the left side of the hottel

• Reviewed: 8 December 2015

Although the staff is very friendly and nice when I arrived there they first gave me a room that was still in cleaning. Also, I payed for my room with cash and the next morning the money that I suposed to pay if I canceled my booking were withdrawn from my bank account.

The positioning of the hostel is very good. You are very close to most of Berlin's night attractions. Very friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2015

Despite having booked in advance with a price which included tourist Tax. I was "Blackmailed" into paying the tax a second time on arrival. Apparently Booking.com. were selling the accomodation for the wrong price. The receptionist saw this as the customers problem. Due to arriving at 22.00 Hrs I had to pay. I was informed that the building had a smoking ban (not a Problem as I am a non smoker) and I was not permitted to bring alcohol into accomodation. Unfortunately my room had previously been used by several smokers.

Lots of cafes nearby. Surprisingly slept well. Security (kotters) patrols the building.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2015

You pay for wifi that works only adequately in the lobby and not at all in the rooms. When I brought this up, a sign with highlighted disclaimers was shoved in my face. There are insufficient plugs in the room and it was a fight to get an extension cord. The other guests are nearly intolerable - some of them gross, snore all night. I was moved in the middle of the night then woken by a cleaner who yelled and slammed my door demanding I leave, when I had opted to extend my stay (which I withdrew). The shower heads in the bathroom are in one room and very close to each other and shut off every ten seconds. There is no atmosphere for meeting anyone. Some guests very loud/drunk. I hated it.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2015

They did not have free wifi. Its 2015, for f sake... Also they told me Id be in a 8 people room and they put me in a 14 people room instead, with no explanations.

the location is really good, warschauer strasse is one of the bests alternative spots in germany, with a great night life and lots of cafés and second hand stores around. Good connections to the center.

• Reviewed: 25 July 2015

Max and Maria were the best kind of people. Max (aka Paul, I think- adorable blonde wavy hair guy) was at the front desk in the evenings. Always cheerful, smiling, helpful, patient & delightful- even in stressful situations with a half-dozen or more rushed people vying for assistance. He has a way of giving detailed, efficient assistance with such charm. One personal incident needs told: we were quite discombobulated after being blown away, as the usa Supreme Court marriage decision came to the news upon our first login to the net, and in my elation and travel-exhaustion, I mindlessly left my computer in the hostel lobby. Didn't notice til the next day. Max did everything he could to help find it & to understand & deal with my panic. Later on, Maria, the night security person, had found it and returned it to us. Meanwhile, we were so stressed over the computer & rushed that a domino effect set in: my daughter left her iPhone in the shared bathroom. We called and Max quickly retrieved it for her. These two gems of human beings made all the difference for us. It was such a save, because we rely on these two items for our work & for artistic hobbies, both of which are priceless to our enjoyment of life. Thank you max and maria for being the best there could be with regard to people who run a hostel. You both deserve the best in your employment and in all you do. We are grateful beyond expression.

• Reviewed: 18 July 2015

They charged me seven euros more than the price I booked on booking.com, but even at the original price (158 euros for two nights) it was vastly overpriced by Berlin standards for a room which in size and appearance resembled a prison cell. For that you don't get breakfast or Wifi access even in public areas (this costs one euro per hour extra). The room was passably clean but there was a faintly discernible smell of urine. The bed was like a camp bed with a thin mattress and the tiny, ancient TV only had one channel. When I returned to pick up the bag I left there after checking out, I was amazed to be told to just go and help myself and found the door to the baggage store room wide open so anyone could walk in off the street and help themselves. It didn't even really have any kind of friendly, lively hostel atmosphere to compensate - there was what appeared to be a bar on the first floor but I never saw it open. I only stayed here because it was a convenient location for me but for the price I paid for this, I could have got down the road a room with a nice big bed, bath tub and breakfast, wi-fi and spa access included - more fool me.

The location is in a very lively area of Friedrichsain, with lots of cafes and restaurants nearby. The bathroom was clean and the shower was nice and hot and very powerful.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2015

I found certain aspects really disappointing. Like be charged 1€/Hour for using the wifi (which was extremely slow) or the way they kicked us out at 10AM in the morning. It actually was the checking out time, but I am talking about manners. They were really impolite, rushing us to leave when the hostel was almost empty. I've never been treated like that before. Bad score deserved!

The facilities are really good to be fair

• Reviewed: 12 April 2015

Rude, incompitent and unpolite staff. Charged extra city tax, actually that is not for business guests. He does not wanted to accept my business card or letter head. In booking was clearly mentioned city tax included in price. He had my credit card details as guarantee but he forced me to pay right away. Very disappointing. Never go again in this cheap place

Room was clean!

There are also 26 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.