Reviews of Sofitel Hamburg Alter Wall This is the official star rating given to the property by an independent third party - the Hotelstars Union. The property is compared to the industry standard and scored based on price, facilities and services offered. Use the star rating to help choose your stay!

Alter Wall 40, Hamburg Altstadt, 20457 Hamburg, Germany

#36 of 323 hotels in Hamburg

• Superior Room with City View (2 Adults)

Nothing really, except the breakfast. Would be nice if it's a bit lower (somewhere around early €20)

Prime location. Modern-looking rooms. What you'd expect from a 5-star hotel.

Slowish checkin/checkout procedure.

Great location in the middle of the city. Spacious rooms and great facilities. Highly recommend for a city trip.

• Queen Room (2 Adults)

I liked the design of the hotel, the breakfast buffet, the terrace for an after dinner drink, the excellent location, the friendliness of the staff. The way the bed was set up, there was very little room between my side of the bed and the wall. Consequently the nightstand was very small. Fortunately the bathroom was spacious and offered enough possibilities to put down personal items.

• Superior Room with City View (2 Adults)

The location was excellent, breakfast was beautiful, rooms were clean and beds were comfortable. Staff were helpful and friendly and spa was lovely !

• Queen Room (2 Adults)

The room was comfortable, overlooking the canal. Amenities in the room and bathroom were good and if we ran short of anything they' were quickly replenished..

• Queen Room (2 Adults)

Didn't have basic amenities that other hotels of same category usual lavish their guests with, simple stuffs like toothbrush, shampoo & conditioner and body lotion. I was upgraded at a cost far beyond the value I paid for. Reception staff obviously sold the upgrade at much higher cost..the way another staff seem to disagree with her.

The concierge staff are extremely helpful. The bell man was gracious with his service.

• Superior King Room with View of the Alster Canal

In the morning before check out I wanted to ask th reception a few questions and they would never pick up the phone! I tried calling concierge - no luck! I spent on the phone a very long tine waiting for the call to be answered. Then I became anxious and ask a chamber cleaning person. Who was passing by in the corofor to call the reception. The room service manager came to my room and she could not get I touch with the reception either. I could not believe it was happening in a luxury 5 start hotel. When I told the terenrion about my experience they seemed to take it lightly. And also I left my boots for cleaning only to find them still in the shoe box in the morning. I was siapoubted I. The level of customer care at this hotel. Hope it helps.

Location, room size and decor, very comfortable bed, spacious bathroom.

• Luxury King Room with City View or Canal View

The greyish paining in the room; unfortunately some facilities were closed in the Spa; some noise from the railway.

Very friendly staff, central location, nice bar with terrace above the Alsterfleet.

• Queen Room (2 Adults)

At night nobody pick up the phone at reception desk have been trying many times Everything is really too slow Wrong information about cosmetics Ana dinner rate It’s absolutely not 5 stars service at all

• Superior Room with City View (2 Adults)

The bar / restaurant is charm, but could be turned into a better looking space.

The spa is great and babies / children are allowed! The gym is okay. The rooms are comfortable and clean. The personnel is kind. The breakfast is very tasty! And the best is the location. :-)

• Superior Room with City View (2 Adults)

The staff from the reception seemed to be tired and annoyed, both at check in and check out. We didn’t had the night service, that is mandatory to a 5 star hotel, also the bath products weren’t refilled The hotel seems unfriendly and cold in the lobby

I would rate this hotel with 4 stars, it has a lot to be done to reach 5. I appreciated the breakfast , was a rich buffet, very nice and helpful staff, the restaurant elegant. The bed was also incredibly comfortable, I think the most till now. Also the gym has top quality equipment

• Queen Room (2 Adults)

Nothing!! Everything was great!!

I spent my birthday weekend in Hamburg and we got a room upgrade! That was very special! And a free drink in the bar! The room was lovely and had everything we needed - the bed was super comfy!! And we will recommend the hotel to all our friends.

• Superior Room with City View (2 Adults)

I had oa view on the water side which was very nice. Bed was exceptionally comfortable. Some of the facilities were a bit quirky, but aircon was very efficient, you could punch in the temp you want, and it adjusted quickly. Large bath, and always nice to have separate walk in shower. Small point, two bathmats shows attention to detail. Provided ice for my injured foot very quickly!

• Superior Room with City View (2 Adults)

We were on the 1st floor which we didn't like but this is a personal preference. I am almost positive that I had breakfast included in the room price but ended up paying for breakfast. Possibly my mistake but it wasn't something I wanted to fight about.

The location is fantastic, and probably the best in the city for shopping. The breakfast has a good selection of everything you could want. I will definitely stay here again on my next trip to Hamburg.

• Queen Room (2 Adults)

For the cost of the hotel, the room was extremely small. The free wifi does not work, and therefore you have to pay 6 EURO in order to upgrade to fast speed internet.

Great breakfast Buffet, Very Comfortable bed.

• Prestige Suite

just because our clothing didn't look like we're millionaire we felt treated like second hand citizen at the reception and related. This was beyond unfriendly! -- This excludes the staff that cleans your room and the restaurant stuff. They've been nice. It's worth a serious complaint.

the SPA area, the morning menu and lunch. The cleaning staff was very kind, too.

• Queen Room (2 Adults)

Who is this interior decorator ? Who had placed a wardrobe in front of one of two small windows?? no, no very wrong. Please someone help this out. No steam bath - I would like to make use of this facility.

The SPA and sauna. The Breakfast superior and very appealing staff. The Bed was superior.

• Superior King Room with View of the Alster Canal

Unfortunately, the spa was closed the first day due to reforms and fixes. Anyway, the staff offered us another spa for free, but almost 6 blocks away.

Great view. The spa was also very attractive. The breakfast was complete, with many diferents options to taste!

• Superior King Room with View of the Alster Canal

This hotel is a catastrophe. It's not only the worst Sofitel we have ever been in, but it's also the worst hotel we were staying during our trip (including 3* ones). The entrance was blocked by lots of parked cars, so we had to park on the street nearby before going to check in. The underground car park is tight and filled with weird metal things, so we had to drive over them while trying not to scratch standing-too-close cars of other visitors. The car park exit was extremely unhandy, and we had to use concierge's help in order to exit the space. The room were a model for a disaster: whatever one could possibly break was broken. Waiters at the breakfast were consistently ignoring our table's dirty plates for around 10 minutes, so we had to catch one of them and to EXPLICITLY ask to clean it up. They serve the worst crème brûlée I've ever tasted: it was seemingly frozen together with a caramel top, so caramel wouldn't crack, it just goes together with custard. A shame for a cook, and an even more shame for a French hotel. And on top of it, just look at the room's photos below. Does it worth ~300 euro per night?! We've complained about room quality, and they just said they will call maintenance and they will fix it tomorrow. TOMORROW! For a one-night stay! How does it help me if you will (allegedly) fix it after my departure? They haven't offered us any discount or refund, neither have they offered another room. Nothing, they just think all this bulls**t is fine for a "luxury" hotel Sofitel imposes itself to be. Never again.

A car park was free of charge. The view is nice.

• Superior Room with City View (2 Adults)

Everything was perfect! :) Easy to find the hotel, to park the car a lot of space underground and day for parking was just 26 eur. Nice view from the room to the city and location is very good, many shops and restaurants and etc. are close, you can walk almost everywhere by foot. Also room was very clean, nice bathroom, comfortable bed. We also liked the swimming pool, there is sauna and gym, everything is clean and not shabby. Personal is realy kind and friendly, I recomend this place! :)

• Luxury King Room with City View or Canal View

Room is very dull. Most of the time Reception or Front Desk does not answer the phone. Room service takes a while to answer as well. Was receiving a bottle of water from Room Service and my Father thought it was a norm. When we didn’t receive it and asked for it we were rudely told by one of the receptionists (Caz, I think her bame was, of Indian origin) that the wster was not complimentary and that we will oay for it on check out, although we were not made to sign any bills for the water! (Ofcourse i refused to pay) The cleaning of the room was way below standard. I was with my father and we were on a Medical trip, and he had difficulty moving and was by consequence a bit messy, but that shouldn’t have been an excuse to walk back into a room that only had the bed fixed and nothing else cleaned. Coffee mugs hakf empty and obviously old and cold were left as is and when told about them, were told we usually leave them in case you do not want to throw them! The hotel generally feels very miserly and not a five star feel at all. It is a Four star feeling in there. But that is Typical Acor chain hotels for you.

Location, check in counter staff very nice, Concierge tries to be usefully helpful, breakfast is good, Tried the in-house Restaurant and was very good and meets the Five Star expectations.

• Superior Room with City View (2 Adults)

Friendlier reception and concierge staff - they didn't help us with locating dog friendly restaurants, cafes, etc.

The hotel was dog friendly - allowing us to check into our room with both our dogs.

• Queen Room (2 Adults)

The location of our bedroom - it was the last bedroom at the end of a very long corridor on the 5th floor and we were disturbed by the noise made by the maids as it was right next door to the housekeeping room. It was quite disappointing and not the 5 stars we were expecting! I believe we must have been given the worst room in the hotel. Was going to ask to be moved, but decided it was not worth the hassle as we were only staying one night.

Good central location, very close to the underground station The room and bathroom were clean and the bed was extremely comfortable Lovely buffet breakfast

• Queen Room (2 Adults)

Female receptionist at the front desk when we checked in was rude, curt and unhelpful - I felt this was because I could not speak German. All other receptionists were really lovely when I checked out. I have been to this hotel before and never had an issue but was disappointed by her manner with customers.

location, cleanliness and friendliness of most staff. Bed was very comfortable :-)

• Luxury King Room with City View or Canal View

The staff at the reception were nice, but sometimes not very well versed in the use of their computer-systems

The Location of the Hotel is excellent, right at the U3 (which circles the inner city of Hamburg), the spa-facilities are clean and the bed was amazing!

• Queen Room (2 Adults)

Speed of service at all points was slower than a snail. Front desk, restaurant, coffee shop, all took far too long and there were continually queues. This needs serious attention as it let done what otherwise would have been an excellent hotel.

Very comfortable rooms and excellent restaurant food

• Luxury King Room with City View or Canal View

We´ve found an extremely friendly staff here. Each one of them was eager to help with finding a restaurant or finding our way around Hamburg. The hotel has the best location because we were fast to get around the city from here.

• Queen Room (2 Adults)

Speed of service at check in, check out, restaurant and in particular the cafe. I’m the morning it took 20 minutes to order tea/coffees for my team of colleagues (6 people) and the service was frustratingly slow and expensive and in-experienced. If you have a coffee-to-go offer the expectation is speed and a barista experience. This was very disappointing and cost me 37 euros!!!

The room was great. The duvet and the pillow was the best I have ever experienced. The food in the restaurant was delicious but service was slow.

• Superior Room with City View (2 Adults)

What i didn’t like is the poor service at the front desk. You are absolutely understaffed nobody is there when you need them from the reception to room service . Even before our arrival we tried so often to reach the hotel without success. On our departure we complained according to this subject and apparently it is already something that the general manager already is aware of. If it’s so obvious to your reception staff and concierge who also has to play bell boy too then maybe this should be taken care of because your hotel doesn’t deserve it. In spite of this particular problem we enjoyed our stay and will return.

The great variation of fruits bananas would have been good and a super variety of breads and bakeries. The front cooking was also a good idea having eggs allerminu is super.

• Queen Room (2 Adults)

The hotel doesn’t validate parking tickets from the underground parking lot, eventhough they said they did. So it was misinformation given by the reception at the hotel.

• Superior King Room with View of the Alster Canal

They said the bar was open until 02:00 but went down at 01:15 and was closed . Found that not so good. In overall a great place and very friendly staff.

• Queen Room (2 Adults)

I was woken up at 8.15 by a member of the cleaning staff who very briefly knocked on the door and, without waiting for an answer, opened the door and walked into my room. True that I didn't lock the door from the inside but this has never happened to me before so I was quite shocked. I then immediately locked the door and noticed two other similar attempts in the following hour. This made me feel very uncomfortable of course! I would advise the hotel to implement a process to avoid such events.

The room was quiet and comfortable. Everything in the room looked new and clean. A lot to choose from for breakfast. Friendly and helpful staff at the reception and in the breakfast room.

• Luxury King Room with City View or Canal View

Outstanding level of comfort in the room, best pillows and bed comfort concept I have even seen in a hotel. Also very friendly staff. Location-very good-right on the city center, behind the Designer shops, no other hotel as central as this.

• Superior King Room with View of the Alster Canal

The key system didn't work as well as it should. The hallway on the first floor was under construction, would have preferred a room on another floor.

The location was perfect. Front desk staff also excellent. Waiters in the breakfast room could have been more friendly and helpful.

• Superior King Room with View of the Alster Canal

The carpet in the room was stained from use. The air conditioning was inadequate, even when turned to the maximum. The Wi-Fi was unreliable and slow to the point of uselessness. Breakfast was overly expensive for what you get. The fitness room is very limited with two treadmills and minimal weights. The room's layout was generally awkward with an oversized wall unit that dominates, taking up unnecessary space that might have been used to store luggage or simply add a feeling of spaciousness.

Great location, nice view of the canal, robes and slippers were included, rain shower in bathroom, parking was convenient and secure.

• Superior King Room with View of the Alster Canal

A little too commercial for holiday stayers

Bed was comfortable but a little too soft. Room facilities very useful Welcomed to the room with a bottle of champagne already on ice Spa excellent

• Prestige Suite

An excellent hotel in a great location. We visited for Ironman Hamburg and the location to race start & finish was just perfect. We stayed in a suite which was perfect for 2 adults & 2 children.

• Superior King Room with View of the Alster Canal

The staff at breakfast was amazing: after the 2nd day, they had our favourite table ready with high-chair for our baby, and brought us our latte and cappuccino without having to ask.

• Luxury King Room with City View or Canal View

Although some of the staff in passing were friendly, I couldn't believe how rude the staff at check-in are. It appears it is the usual cultural rudeness that we have come to expect out here.

The location near the waterways was an unexpected surprise and provides an interesting scenery for an early morning walk. You should get a good nights rest with these basics.

• Superior Room with City View (2 Adults)

Comfortable beds and clean well-appointed room, beautiful bathroom with both bath and separate enclosed shower, unique grotto-type swimming pool and sauna on the lower floor, charming outside patio for drinks or snacks on the canal, coffee shop with inside and outside seating and good restaurant, very central location within walking distance of key sights, excellent service overall

• Superior King Room with View of the Alster Canal

Hotel blocks funds on credit card at checkin for up to 10 days and adds EUR 100 on the top of your expected bill for no one knows what damages. Never submit at checkout a card different than the one used for payment!

• Superior Room with City View (2 Adults)

There was nothing that I didn't like.

The breakfast was excellent. The swimming pool and surrounding facilities were fantastic, the best I've seen. There is staff there to attend to your every need.

• Superior King Room with View of the Alster Canal

The bathrooms had VERY little privacy! There were no USB ports available. The bed was uncomfortable. The sink sprayed water everywhere. It was not functional for its use.

The breakfast was phenominal! The staff was very pleasant and accommodating.

• Queen Room (2 Adults)

Small room for the claimed 5 stars hotel; windows not to be opened due to mosquitos

Very good breakfast, but separately paid; good lighting in the room

• Superior King Room with View of the Alster Canal

staff were minimally helpful, comfort things such as shower gel etc. were also minimal. In general the atmosphere was not welcoming but rather cold. Staff treated us courteously but without any heartfelt friendliness.

breakfast excellent, bed and furniture in room/bathroom excellent, spa very nice, prime location

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

• Superior Room with City View (2 Adults)

No room service last night when i called reception at 00.15. I was told that there was no chef. I webt to bed on an empty stomach. Didnt sleep and was woken by house keeping at 8h30

• Queen Room (2 Adults)

The hiotel is fine but I really don't understand why in 5 stars hotel they cvouldn't provide effective wifi. The wifi service was incredible bad.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

• Superior Room with City View (2 Adults)

The front desk staff are not too welcoming compare to other hotels that I stayed in. I asked for early check in before I arrived and when I arrived at 9 30 am. they made me wait until 12 for my room even tho it was available. Or pay 90 euro. Also no concierge service. Rooms are too small. No view.

The location and the beds are very comfey.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

• Queen Room (2 Adults)

An excellent hotel, great location. Superb breakfast and great service. Fast wifi. Nice room with comfortable bed and very spacious bathroom. Good Spa facilities and the swimming pool. A great place to be!

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

• Superior Room with City View (2 Adults)

Rooms were noisy - you could hear your neighbours and those above, as well as the train that passes by close to the hotel. Room looked nice but highly impractical - no space to put your suitcase (middle of the hallway was the only place) and there weren't even facilities to make a cup of tea in room.

beds are super soft and comfy, nice bathrooms with separate bath, great central location

• Superior King Room with View of the Alster Canal

The breakfast is overpriced. Our room needed some attention to include shower door that did not close all the way, water drained slow in the bathroom sink, chipped paint, and carpet in need of professional cleaning. Wifi connection was slow, couldn't even watch short videos. The rooms are located down long dark hallways resembling office buildings. Rooms are on the 1st floor require a walk down a staircase even after taking an elevator so we had to take the baby stroller up and down the stairs every time we went somewhere. One of the saunas was out of order the whole weekend we there so only one sauna was available for use.

Excellent location and great views of the canal, big comfortable bed and very spacious bathroom, friendly staff. Le Cafe serves excellent croissants and coffee.

• Queen Room (2 Adults)

I e-mailed pre booking to confirm there was parking but not told it was 26eur per day! for the price breakfast should be included.

brilliant facilities

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

• Queen Room (2 Adults)

I was extremely disappointed that there was no tea and coffee in the room. A cup of tea cost Euro 7 in the bar. What a rip off. This put me off the place, you pay a lot for a room and expect better, Wifi is also extra which is ridiculous. Overall did not feel it was worth it.

location, room was fine, staff pleasant

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

• Junior king Suite (3 Adults)

They should really work with their matresses. Really har and the linen extremely slippery.

Got upgraded to another suite which turned out to be the best hotel room experience every!

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

• Junior king Suite (2 Adults)

The views from the hotel are surprisingly amazing. Being true to the Hanseatic character of Hamburg, you can wake up to a great scene of a morning canal with modern, brutalist and stylish buildings, creating wonderful photo opportunities.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

• Superior Room with City View (2 Adults)

Staff exceptionally helpful and friendly. Hotel well situated. Walking distance of almost everything and right next to the UBahn. Close to great jazz spot, the Cotton Club

• Reviewed: 14 January 2017

Not a thing.

The room was cozy but well-appointed. The front desk staff was fantastic, including the concierge, who made our ventures into the markets perfect. The restaurant was a lovely experience, and our waiter, a lovely gentleman from Haiti, was a sheer joy. What a lovely hotel, and what an exceptional staff.

• Reviewed: 22 December 2016

• Queen Room (2 Adults)

The room was only for one person !!!! The room was too small and the bed was not what wee had paid for. There was only one chair and no comfort. We will never return to Sofitel !!

The location and the breakfast

• Reviewed: 7 December 2016

• Queen Room (2 Adults)

The wifi basically didn't work in my room. I don't expect to pay over 200€ a night and not get basic functioning wifi. It's a 5* ok, but the mini-bar and small items left around the room were very pricey. €7 euros for a bottle of water? and forget the alcohol. The steam room was out of order, which was annoying since the spa was the main reason for my booking. The staff tried to do this classical formal service thing, but I ended up waiting 15 mins to check-out and had to run to catch my train... Overall I think there is better value for money out there.

I'm not usually splashing out on expensive stays but I'd had a hard few weeks and fancied a little bit of the spa life, so I booked this hotel to use the pool/sauna facilites. The pool and spa did look nice, and was empty for the 3 hours I used it and I did get the relaxation I was looking for. Breakfast is good, with a chef to make omelets and pancakes etc. It's a clean hotel, but I didn't really enjoy my stay.

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

Expensive

Great breakfast - and great breakfast service. Nice rooms with view to the Canal. Visit Miniature Wunderland: Reserve tickets in advance. You can use 2-3 hours at this attraction.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

• Superior Room with City View (2 Adults)

we sent the request of massage through Booking.com but never get answer and therefore we lost the opportunity to do massage.

we got room upgrade with more space and good view of city, and the staffs are so nice and cheerful:")

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

• Superior Room with City View (2 Adults)

the bed really was a little soft but still comfortable

excellent staff, especially at reception. Very good breakfast, wide choice. Location is fabulous.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

• Superior Room with City View (2 Adults)

I was there for a conference and the only downside was the lunchtime buffet, it was terrible. Everything else was good - including the breakfast - but I wouldn't eat there any other time.

Great location, lovely smart, clean rooms. Friendly staff. Great breakfast.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

• Superior Room with City View (2 Adults)

My only complaint is the pillows were not firm enough. They were lumpy and very flat. I prefer firmer feather pillows, and I would expect to find nicer pillows in a 5 star hotel.

The beds were comfortable! The staff was very friendly and accommodating! I also found the hotel to be very child friendly. On our arrival the staff had set up a child cot is our room with a small teddy bear. They even upgraded our room to a larger size so the baby cot would fit better. The staff also provided kid-friendly body wash/shampoo, Alligator-shaped soap, and a rubber ducky for my daughter's bath! The complimentary mineral water, juice, and apples in the lobby were also a nice touch. The bathrooms and shower were excellent, and I loved having bathrobes on the room.

• Reviewed: 12 September 2016

• Superior King Room with View of the Alster Canal

Maybe it was my bad experience but the stuff on the reception was either tired or impolite and unfriendly. So the first impression was extremely negative.

The hotel is quite ok for some days stay. Modern and clean rooms. Nothing special but atmosphere is good for rest after the day. Various breakfast, friendly stuff in the restaurant. Location is excellent in the very centre of the city just 2 min walking from Rathaus.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

• Superior Room with City View (2 Adults)

- The room service doesn't respect don't disturb sign by knocking my door and calling me many times so I couldn't sleep very well after my trip. - The free Wifi was very slow and It took very long time to upload for watching a video.

The location and the air conditioning in the room.

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

• Queen Room (2 Adults)

This was my second stay. I came back because I really enjoyed my first stay. Unfortunately, the experience was not great. During the check-in they were unaware I stayed there previously and I had to fill out a form (again). I got a worse room than I did the first time even though I mentioned it was my second stay and had to ask to change rooms. One of the staff got impatient and rather rude. It is a pity that the service level is inconsistent.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

• Superior King Room with View of the Alster Canal

Service not up to a five star hotel.No bed turn out, Concierge hardly present during the day and officially off duty late evening! First thing they ask you when checking-in is a 100 euros deposit per night in addition to your credit card imprint ! What a n encouraging welcome!

Comfortable room. with a view over the canal.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

• Queen Room (2 Adults)

Restaurant menu dull and quite expensive. Swimming pool to small to swim in.

It was well located and had all the facilities expected. Reception was good and helpful. Car parking was secure. Good room.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

• Superior Room with City View (2 Adults)

The hotel has a parking garage that is unneccessary expensive.

Very comfortable beds and rooms with good standard. The hotel is excellent for a weekend trip to Hamburg.

• Reviewed: 18 July 2016

• Queen Room (2 Adults)

Indifferent/unprofessional check in & check out experiences. Really long queues at check in and only 2 staff members on reception. Had to leave luggage and return later to try again. Hotel policy of an obligatory deposit of EUR 100 per guest per day (this was not specified anywhere during booking process or on website). No wardrobe in room or safe despite these being listed in the room description (standard single).

Central location - handy for transport to/from airport and plenty of shops & restaurants in the vicinity. Comfortable bed.

• Reviewed: 14 July 2016

• Superior Room with City View (2 Adults)

Hadn't processed my reservation by the time I got there -- had to wait quite some time once I arrived while they sorted it out. (reserved the night before, arrived after allowed check in time)

Location. Facilities.

• Reviewed: 13 July 2016

• Superior King Room with View of the Alster Canal

Some of ladies at the reception were not friendly and not professional at all. We had to ask for shower gel (15 ml for 2 to shower), shower caps, toilet tissue the whole time, if I stay in a 5 star hotel I do not want to be bordered with that. At the end of the day, we even got some drugs from who knows who, delivered to our room while we were not there, just to wonder at the end who owned them. I think the managers at the top have to be changed; service was really bad and not coordinated. Location was good and rooms were clean. Can’t recommend, not for that price.

• Reviewed: 10 July 2016

• Luxury King Room with City View or Canal View

This is my second time there; I did not much like it the first time, but wanted to give them a second chance. But they had not improved. Only one restaurant (barely) active, food mediocre. WiFi connection problems, breakfast very pricey and a bureaucratic nightmare. Hotel overall feels like an IBIS on steroids rather than a genuine five star place.

Location is great, free WiFi.

Too long a survey

I think i've done it all

Browse Sofitel Hamburg Alter Wall traveller photo gallery