Reviews of Hotel Am Rosengarten

Dr.-Haupt-Weg 4, 56377 Nassau, Germany

#3 of 5 hotels in Nassau

Adequate for a brief overnight stay.

The bathroom was very small. The elderly gentleman running the hotel appeared to be doing it singlehandedly. He was polite but not very forethcoming or friendly.

Location was good for cyclists on Lahn river route.

Am Rosengarten definitely rose to the occasion

I was completely satisfied with the hotel. I would have walked to it instead of taking a cab but for my age (senior citizen) and having hauled my luggage on the train on a very hot, rainy day. But you can't blame that on the property or host. Maybe a light weight blanket or sheet instead of just the comforter, but I had a large scarf I used instead due to the muggy heat. Unfortunately 80% of the city was devastated in WWII but I was able to experience the feel of the town none the less. I was hoping for more from pre-WWI as that was my ancestor's era. I did have a hard time finding authentic German food the way my great grandfather used to cook it. And although I bought Pop's favorite tobacco I couldn't find anyone with a pipe to smoke some for me! I wanted to re-create the olfactory memory of my great grandfather from my childhood while exploring his heritage. But that's a bit personal an not something the normal travel would be looking for.

I was on a genealogical search/exploration. The hotel was walking distance to everything I needed, including the train station and a large grocery market. The host spoke little English and was alone; I think his wife was out of town. I read in an earlier posting the host seemed a bit gruff at first, but I disagree. We managed to communicate quite a bit even with the language barrier. I'm not a dog person (cat!) but his dog was unobtrusive. I only saw one other couple there when I stayed (the host gave me my pick of rooms--same price--when I arrived but I took the smallest by choice), although I believe there may have been others due to the vehichles. The view was beautiful with the castle on the mountain across the river; most people visit for the nature not the town which is quite small. Breakfast came with the room which made the overall price unbelievably good in comparison to my other hotels in Amsterdam and Paris. Cash is expected. This was even a very good value when compared to Koblintz. This was a great place to stay as long as you aren't looking for super-modern. If I'd had a car the parking is included. Don't miss the cemetery which is just up the block; unusual to recommend but beautiful and I spoke with people there who gave me local insight, as did the city archivist, Julia, who was wonderful. (Thanks to the city mayor who linked us up by e-mail before my trip). Although the town is small I found interesting things I didn't expect such as a small commemorative in the sidewalk before the location of the home where a holocaust victim had lived.

Another excellent stay

Quiet, comfortable and relaxing

It was excellent.

The breakfast was excellent.

excellent, varied breakfast;

excellent, varied breakfast; quiet location near downtown Nassau

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

Perfect if you want to stay outside the big city

All is good! Free parking and amazing breakfast!

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

Excellent place to relax!

Beautiful location. Very cosy and comfortable room with TV. Free bag of Haribo on my pillow too :)

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

Old style hotel and room.

Old style hotel and room. OK to stay one night if you have to but does not deserve its rating. Breakfast was good.

• Reviewed: 2 July 2015

Clean place and very friendly staff

Old fashioned rooms and bathroom Super old TV

Clean place and very friendly staff Very good choice and service during breakfast Fantastic view from the braekfast room Bikes in the garage

• Reviewed: 30 June 2015

Very comfortable place and Best breakfast.

Wi-fi dosen't work perfekt

Very comfortable place and Best breakfast.

There are also 2 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.