Reviews of Hotel am Schlossberg This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services offered. It is based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Steile Gasse 8, 71032 Böblingen, Germany

#18 of 20 hotels in Böblingen

5.9

5.9

5.6

Check in was 5pm - 6pm only, Room very small and too hot. Owner tried to move me to a larger, more expensive room that I didn't need. TV worked, but only a handful of channels available. Had to reach under the bathroom sink to empty the water out. No staff available at any time.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

Do not stay here if you are impatient. I arrived around noon and the place was locked up with a note (in German) on the door. Called and the owner(?) answered and said check in was between 5:00 and 6:00 (the confirmation did say 5:00 check in, so fair enough). If you arrive early plan to park on the street and walk around until 5:00. If you take a cab or the train plan to sit on your bags. The owner is a very nice man but he was up in years and worked very slowly. My check in took about an hour, and I seemed to be the only guest in the place that night...so if you have kids best to have your wife keep exploring town with them while you check in. The owner left me a key to the place and went home (apparently leaving me the run of the hotel). A woman did arrive in the morning to provide breakfast (10 euro, didn’t eat there). Also, the shower was tiny with an annoying cloth curtain. The receipt is in German only & he can’t provide a zeroed-out final receipt ( if you need that). Despite all this I enjoyed my stay and would return.

Walking distance to restaurants, shopping and the train. Parking was provided in an adjacent garage (10 Euro/day). Lobby and rooms were basic and small but very clean and modern. Nice quaint street views. Nearby church bell tolling was cool. Price was right.

• Double or Twin Room

check-in took half an our. The man at the desk did not know how to use an computer. The day after they had no tickets for the parking even if I paid for parking, the lady had to go down in the parking cellar with me and lock me out. On my way back the man called me and told me I had not paid for the hotel. I could inform him about the AMEX reciept with number, and he said to me at the evening it had been to much for him

Nobody was present when I arrived, I had to call and wait for 20 minutes. When I called owner complained that he had to come again (4th time). Owner was not aware of my booking, something with computer system. He forced me to pay cash. Room was poor, but OK. In the morning there were broken bottles on the staircase while staff was aware. Worst thing he ripped me off and charged me 101 Euro (ex. breakfast) instead of agreed 89 Euro. Kick out of booking.com asap, not worth to have on your list !!!

• Double or Twin Room

The personnel should definitely change the approach towards the business. The owner is sometimes treating the accommodation activity as a part-time hobby. Therefore, we had to wait 30 minutes way after the agreed check-in hour in order to be welcomed inside. Taking in consideration Germany's December temperature this is not the most customer-oriented attitude. Maybe the change of generations is sometimes a wise business decision, even in a conservative society.

The hotel is small size but room was pretty big and quiet; it is stylish and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 12 October 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Unfortunately, circumstances made this reservation process difficult, to say the least. This owner does not seem to understand the Booking.com process for cancellation, nor is able to accurately reflect their establishment on the website, and is entirely rude to customers. There is no staff on site, so do not expect the "normal hotel or gasthof" experience of asking for help/getting another pillow/etc. Due to no staff on site, we had to confirm that we were going to get our room cleaned each day. The cleaning of it was quite poor, especially hanging towels back up "as if they were clean ones" when we had indicated for them to be exchanged (in the tub). Breakfast and parking are not included, thought led to believe that they were. Breakfast is not offered every day of the week, so be sure if you plan to eat there that the hotel will be serving breakfast. There is no real parking on site either; you can sometimes find a spot along the street or directly in front of the hotel, but otherwise, you must use the altstadt garage. There are no rooms with 2 double beds, though my reservation was for a room with one. Furthermore, if there is a family emergency that pulls the owner (who is the only staff of the hotel, it seems) away from being an appropriate host, THE COURTEOUS ACTION TO TAKE WOULD BE TO CANCEL THE RESERVATIONS. Then, the owner and family would be able to handle themselves appropriately without the need to attempt to accommodate guests. We had been trying to cancel our reservations for several days, but due to the emergency, the owner was difficult to contact and did not action our reservation request until he deemed "it is too late to cancel," which now was at our expense. All in all, we stayed here in order to make the most of our non-refundable money. We received terrible service and will not return. I would encourage people to find other accommodations.

The location is fine. The rooms are not bad but not great either. Breakfast was tolerable, and relatively cheap (not included with room price though led to believe that).

• Reviewed: 20 August 2016

• Double or Twin Room

There is no staff on site. If you have any needs, the owner (only staff) has to be contacted via phone and by a German phone number (he did not answer my out-of-country phone number). He is very friendly but rather elderly and accidentally booked my stay in the wrong month. He said he would make it right but was not around in order to do so. No comfortable chair in the room. I was given a small room and was only given a large one upon verbal request (although i requested a large room on my booking.com request).

The bed was very comfortable. I had room 4 which was large. The room had a large bathtub and a large bathroom. There was plenty of storage and hanging space for clothes.

• Reviewed: 7 July 2016

We arrived to find a handwritten sign in German on the door telling us to call a phone number. Fortunately our grandson had international calling. The owner who lives elsewhere came in a short time while we waited in the car. He wanted payment that night for 3 nights. We were told we had to park in a garage and pay 8.50 euros a night because the fire dept didn't allow parking in front of the hotel. However, cars were parked there during our stay. The faucets in the bathroom dripped and the shower curtain around the step in shower was so short that the water sprayed out all over the floor. The room was on the 4th floor in the attic with a spiral staircase to go up. This was a pain with all our baggage. This really was more like a B and B with no regular staff around most of the time. There was an ancient TV in the room which did not work along with some of the lights. The owners are older and may need to find some younger folks to get this place back on track.

This place is cute and decorated in a nice way. It was clean and the beds were comfortable . It is close to the downtown and a good bakery is close by if you prefer not to pay for a breakfast at the hotel.

• Double or Twin Room

The heating could not be turned off which made the room a little overheated

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

Decor is a bit dated.

Friendly staff. 10 minute walk to train.

• Reviewed: 16 February 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Wifi is not included in price and we must pay 10 € for internet. Staff had not information about the reservation via booking made 9 hours before.

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Reservation was not booked 45 minutes to do the check in No heating in the room Breakfast not really good

• Reviewed: 14 July 2016

no coffee in room

the breakfast was not served by the time I was left for the day to work.

• Reviewed: 30 June 2016

• Double or Twin Room

A pretty hotel with friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2016

It is updating to wifi only now, but every room is cabled!

Nice and cozy hotel, with an original and preserved stile stile from the 70'/80'.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2015

Maybe the price is a little higher than normal, but it's reasonable during the Cannstatter volksfest. Apart from this everything was perfect.

Hotel position is perfect, 10 mins walk from the S-Bahn station (30 mins from Stuttgart). Böblingen is very very nice, there are many pub and restaurants nearby. The owner was very kind. Rooms were clean.

• Reviewed: 27 March 2015

No WiFi. They have to become a little more hi-tech with this regard as all hotels give free wifi.

I liked the hotel, walking distance from the station of Boblingen. Easy to go to the exhibition centre.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2016

No wifi, no hairdryer

Very calm

• Reviewed: 7 November 2015

no wlan, small tv, service slow/ waiting time, employee not so friedly.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2015

No internet. Cable internet costs 10 € for a day!

friendly staff

• Reviewed: 11 May 2015

The fact that no wifi was available

There are also 5 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.