Reviews of Hotel Amadeus This is the official star rating given to the property by an independent third party - the Hotelstars Union. The property is compared to the industry standard and scored based on price, facilities and services offered. Use the star rating to help choose your stay!

Fössestr. 83, 30451 Hannover, Germany

#35 of 119 hotels in Hannover

Based on 1922 hotel reviews

Lovely Hotel with friendly and smiling personnel.

The bed needed some getting used to, but that may just be because of it not being one's own. It was a perfectly normal bed.

Lovely Hotel with friendly and smiling personnel. Great breakfast and good food and coffee in the Hotel-Restaurant Wolfgang's.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Ideal for short trip

The location was not so nice, the welcome water for fee I think completely unnecesarry that is the point of the minibar.

The breakfast was superb the bads are pretty comfortable. The rooms were absolute clean and tidy and the staff were polite and very helpful.

Modern clean hotel, friendly helpful staff, good breakfast.

Modern hotel, near a busy street with lots of cafes. The staff were helpful and spoke good English. The rooms clean and the car parking was secure. Good breakfast

Good value for money

Restaurant was closed for the summer. It was not mentioned at the website. However the weather was perfect, so fine for a walk. Nice Spanish tapas only a 5 minute walk away. Don't expect too much from the fitness. 1 treadmill, 1 crosstrainer and 1 bike. That's it.

Nice modern room. Friendly staff. Parking on private area. Outstanding breakfast. Good WiFi, no VPN block. The free WiFi is not fast but acceptable if you need to work, like i did.

First used this hotel December 2017 and have used it on each...

No real issues - aircon not working as new system being installed so positive point going forward.

First used this hotel December 2017 and have used it on each of my visits to Hannover since (twice). Best value hotel that I have found in hannover - helpful efficient staff, very clean, modern spacious rooms, small well maintained fitness room. You will not find a better breakfast anywhere at any price!

Near perfect for a short stay in Hannover.
    • Small Single Room

Reservation, blocked on my card was raised up only a week after i checked out of the hotel.

Perfect sunrise via room and sanitary windows (7-th floor, centre-bound orientation). Decent (and cheap) breakfast, well organised room, good public transport (S9 from the city centre), Lidl & Aldi in 50 meters.

Would stay there again and will recommend!

Breakfast was out of this world! The rooms were nothing special but clean. Receptionist was super friendly and definitely earned the hotel plus points for their service quality.

Good spot in Hannover
    • Apartment (3 Adults)

Parking was a little tight for bigger cars.

We had an appartement which was spacious. Our kids slept in a different room. Good breakfast, friendly staff.

Nice stay!

Parking around the hotel is not easy, quite crowded area. Somehow they sent two booking charges to my credit card, those were withdrawn and I had to pay with the credit card at the property.

Easy access, friendly staff, good breakfast, nice value for the money. Recommend it. We travelled in a group of 3 couples staying in 3 different rooms and it was well organized.

Cleanliness, warm welcome and easy check-in, quiet and...
    • Comfort Single Room

Cleanliness, warm welcome and easy check-in, quiet and comfortable bedroom, not far from city (public transport or car required), speed Internet and variety at breakfast.

We will be back - great value in a perfect location for visiting our son in Linden Nord

The room could have been a little more spacious, and some more TV Channels in English would have been appreciated.

The bed was really comfortable, and this is particularly important to me as I have a sensitive back. I also liked the fact the mirror in the bathroom didn't steam up after a shower, and there was plenty of storage space. The staff were also all super-helpful.

Pleasent stay in a cosy hotel

There was a strange smell in the lobby usually in the afternoon. Apart from that everything was very good!

The breakfast is without a doubt an highlight of this hotel! For those who do not have a car, there is a bus right in front of the hotel that takes you to the city center every half an hour also on weekends and holidays.

Very happy with hotel, stay was good as usual
    • Comfort Single Room

Not enough towels in bathroom. Coffee machine in room is not good, gives a very small and strong coffee, would prefer a kettle to make coffee or tea in room.

very friendly and helpful staff, room clean and quiet, handy for work visit to Wabco.

Room for improvement

The location really is not very good indeed. Would not recommend for a city trip, as it is too far removed from the Hannover city center. Also, beware: they gave me a voucher for a drink, which is unusual and lovely. However, when I ordered some wine, they gave me 0,2 l without asking, and when i wanted to use the voucher, they told me it was only for 0,1 l drinks. Now I completely understand this, but they should mention it on the voucher (which it wasn't) or when they give it (which they didn't). I had dinner at the buffet. Like the breakfast, there was a nice spread to choose from, but the food itself was not very tasty, veggies cooked to within an inch of their life, meat stuff was also disappointing, salad bar was more of a "pasta and grilled vegetables" bar, desserts were okay. Finally WiFi was okay, but not super. For example, netflix took a while and only streamed in 720p. Still, I won't complain about free WiFi. Staff was okay, but a bit cool. Price-quality ratio was a bit on the steep side, considering the location.

The breakfast was excellent. A wide variety of warm and cool dishes, lots of different types of yoghurt, cereals, fruit. Coffee was already on the table in a thermos, so that wasn't fantastic, but still adequate. The room (one-person) was also adequate, though not overly luxureous.

The bed was very comfy , the heaters were very good , the...

Jessica and the manager Person was very godo and friendly, for the rest of the staff i cant say the same , they were rude , when i was making ny check out they nade me waited a lot and when i asked if they will make thy answered me in a rude way by ordering ‘wait a second’ then i replied ‘i am waiting more than a second ‘ they told me ‘yes its more than a second ‘ in a mocking way , for me the communication is the most important and i didnt find this there... i am not a person looking for problems but this was not nice , i come to Germany almost every month and i wouldnt stay there again if i will not be very stucked with little choices.

The bed was very comfy , the heaters were very good , the room was very clean

Please get an interior designer

Vegan dinner options were poor given the hotel advertised this as being their specialty. The overall look of the hotel was of bad taste, think ugly highrise with nineties style diy store teracotta chic on the inside. Toscana flair Hanover Style I guess. The surroundings looked horrid. Not for tourists.

Breakfast was very good with a good vegan choice. Rooms are very modern and newly refurbished. Reasonable gym, friendly staff. Very professional reception ist in the morning. Good place for low budget conferences. Coffee facilities in the room

Breakfast was really good and various in terms of selection.

Small parking by the building, the other parking on the other side of the street - better to leave the car in the street

Breakfast was really good and various in terms of selection.

Good opportunity for a visit of Hannover

The free WIFI is not always reliable.

We did enjoy the hotel very much. Modern clean rooms and a very extensive breakfast, we did never had such before... Standard late check out at 12 AM. Also sufficient parking facilities in the neighbourhood (free straat parking)

Happy in Hannover!

No issues at all - everything great / above expectation.

Room clean and comfortable with more than enough towels (good size / quality) and shampoo&shower gel. Choice - variety hot food / cold food / fruit / breads etc - and quality of breakfast really excellent and above my expectation for the price! Having the open kitchen and the chef cooking various dishes is a nice touch and underlines the freshness. Free wifi is very fast and can transmit large data files (10Mb) relatively quickly so no need to upgrade. Equipment in the free of charge fitness room (bike, treadmill, cross trainer) is new / well maintained and clean. The location was close to the business that I was visiting so could walk. Check in and check out straight forward; hotel layout, facilities, breakfast time and offer of dinner reservation all communicated without any fuss. In going to dinner I required a taxi cab and the receptionist arranged everything - arrived on time and informed driver of my destination. Bar seems to remain open as long as residents still want to drink so no concerns on time. I did not use the Restaurant so cannot comment. I have used various hotels in Hannover over the years and will definitely return to Amadeus next time I am in Hannover - really fantastic value.

Superb breakfast - awful WiFi.
    • Small Single Room

The bed and pillows were too soft for my taste. Free WiFi was awful!

The food at the restaurant was great. We paid 18,00 € per person for a dinner. The breakfast was superb!

Good stay

Parking lot near the hotel is very small. They do however have a couple of extra spaces at a garage on the other side of the road.

Convenient location for my visit. Not sure though if it is an ideal choice for a city trip. The restaurant, including the breakfast was great. I'll book again if I need to revisit my customer in Hannover.

Good variety of food for breakfast, although limited...

Limited/no parking out the front when checking in. Be aware it is on the edge of the restricted car zone and isn't in the nicest part of Hannover.

Good variety of food for breakfast, although limited vegetarian options of hot food

Nice staff, value for money, but some real shortcomings.

1) Access from the motorway, coming from the east was TERRIBLE! Lots of roadworks and unclear signs, got lost several times. No problem next day as heading West and a direct route through the city. 2) The parking was far from ideal - in a parking garage across the road. 3)The restaurant was closed and it was pouring with rain so not pleasant to go out.

Staff were friendly and helpful, with excellent English. I left my mobile phone behind and they did a great job returning it to the UK. The room was adequate and blissfully quiet.

Good, comfortable room at a reasonable price.

Too many business people as this hotel seems to be a centre for business travel in Hannover.

The location suited our travel needs, easy to find and well situated for public transport links into the city. Breakfast was excellent, however we noted that there were no bananas, kiwis r other fresh fruits available, but there was plenty of other goodies.

This time too small room for 3 adults.
    • Apartment (3 Adults)

This time we were three and we received the room for 3 on 5th. floor (no. 509 I guess). This is realy too small and the double bed was just like a joke. I estimate the width to 140-150 cm in total (for 2 adults). The room was on the side facing the road and above this - due to hot weather we had to have the windows opened all the night - the traffic noise was very disturbing. I recommend to book one of the apartments on the ground floor with entrance from parking lot/garden - nice, spacious, with well equipped kitchenette.

The breakfast was excellent as usual. It's ideal for my business trips as the breakfast is served from early morning (6:30 I guess). The offer of warm and cold meals as well as fruit/vegetables is exceptionally wide. This time I did not have dinner at the hotel restaurant, but I have very good experience from my previous stays.

The staff were lovely, very helpful with calling us a taxi,...

It really isn't in the best location. The double bed was actually 2 single beds on a double frame (really not the best for couples), also the room was quite hot.

The staff were lovely, very helpful with calling us a taxi, booking a reservation for us and telling us which public transport to take. Breakfast was great!

Nice place, easy to come by car.

No restaurant or anytging to do in the evening. But we came late so for us it did not matter.

Nice place, easy to come by car. , coffe / tea in the room, good breakfast

Good value for money but not close enough to the centre.

The staff were very unhelpful. We felt any questions we had were answered in the shortest most abrupt way. Not a friendly, welcoming atmosphere at all.

Breakfast was excellent.

Been to thousands of 4* hotels, and I think this must be in the bottom 10%.....

At check-in I asked for parking and was told I needed to check the busy street first for available spots. Told her we already checked but she was adamant that we check again. Checked again just to find no available spots. Finally managed to convince her to get us a spot in the 11€ garage across the street. Hotel has no A/C, neither rooms nor other areas, and he bar/restaurant was not acceptable due to the 30+ C temp. Says the bar is open 24/7, but that does not mean there's staff available. We ordered beers and told bartender that we'll be in the beer garden. After some 10 min we saw that bartender leave for the day w/o serving us. Returned to reception to find another bartender that had no idea we ordered. Ordered again, sat down outside, and after some 20 mins the guy turns up saying that he forgot about us. During the night I knocked over a glass with water. After the morning shower I took a towel to clean up, and apparently the floor had not cleaned for quite a while.......

Not much except the staff in the morning at checkout. What a difference compared to the night before......

very bad experience

Due to unforseen family circumstances, I need to leave the hotel the same evening 10 pm and travel back to Belgium. I asked for some understanding from the staff and asked if they could review my hotelbill. They didn't show any understanding, were very unpolite and afterwards I noticed that they even charged me the breakfast. I will never stay again in this hotel.

Very friendly and helpful Stuff!

Not so many parking lots on site, so there is another parking garage next to the gas station near by

Very friendly and helpful Stuff! Nice room, coffee machine in the room, comfortable furniture, ...

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

location for access

Front office team are not familiar in communicating in English and have faced access issues to enter room and they can offer some items as complimentary instead of charging every thing. Regarding city tour they don't have any information, if they maintain city tour information it would be good.

location for access

An easy tram ride into town

No dislikes at all!

Reception suggested using a tram into the Altstadt,. a good idea. The restaurant dinner buffet was superb and good value. Breakfast was the best so far with bacon and egg items plus German cold meats and cheeses.

Noisy and out of the way.
    • Comfort Single Room

The location is quite a way from the tram stop and the road at the front is busy. Half the rooms overlook a motorway at the side, there is no air conditioning and the windows are large single panes so if you have them open you can't sleep for the noise and if you close the window it is stifling.

The breakfast was excellent with plenty of choice. Plenty of power points in the rooms.

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

due to business, it was necessary to stay in this hotel, but I will not be back.

due to local tradeshow Ligna they charged Euro 275/per night!!! for a single room.

The Hotel is fair, nothing special. Accomodations ok. Breakfast normal.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

priced as 4 star in reality 1 star rooms

The rooms were the most basic I have come across with extremely hot temperatures and poor beds

There is no way this is a 4 star hotel a Premier inn would be at least 2 stars ahead of this

Fantastic value for money.

Pillows too soft and synthetic.

Restaurant food excellent - menu for lunch and dinner very good and breakfast was excellent with an abundance of options covering vegetarian and vegan. Service from all hotel staff exceptional.

A great place to stay.

The free wifi was slow at times and caused problems.

The breakfast was excellent. Much better than any I have ever had in a hotel in that price range in the U.K!

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

4.0
    I don't think this is 4 star hotel , hotel is less then four star.

Rooms r small ,apartment was also small,double bed is also very small I booked also comfort double bed t I don't thinks there is any difference between other bed

Amazing breakfast!

Actually, the hallway of the 4-stars hotel seems like a motel.(No offense) The room was tiny for two travelers plus two carriers.

There are two supermarkets just next to the hotel. The breakfast was perfect and hilarious. Warm and cozy.

Would not recommend, stay somewhere else!!

The sink in our bathroom was clogged and the bathroom smelled like stale cigarettes. The window sill had cigarette ash on it and the window had obvious marks of there had been smokers there. The room was marked as a no smoking room but there was evidence of smoking all over the room. The room was very small for it being a 2 person room.

WiFI was okey, not great. Breakfast was also okey. Nothing special. Decor of the hotel is outdated and feels cheap.

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

Okay for a night to sleep
    • Apartment (3 Adults)

The lady who was responsible for the breakfast buffet was very rude, as I asked for another boiled egg, she answered :can't you see they are boiling, I can't do any magic! There was no soap in the Bathroom There was

Comfortable beds,spacious

The flawless hotel.

After a long thought : I honestly don't know. Its our umptiest visit. ALWAYS GOOD.

The BED and the BREAKFAST. Especially the breakfast !!!! When I say that they even had hit white beans for my English wife,then i need to say no more. SUBLIMATO SUPERIEURE 😁😁

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

Decent hotel, ticks nearly all the boxes.

We would have much preferred (and think we did book) a double bed rather than two singles. Smallish room. Other than that I can't fault this hotel.

This hotel is decent in nearly every way - in a good location near the Capitol venue. Clean comfortable room, friendly efficient staff, excellent breakfast buffet with an almost overwhelming choice of hot and cold options. Decent juices and good coffee, served with cream.

• Reviewed: 5 February 2017

Enjoyable stay

Room could have been a little larger, hotel under ground parking at 11Euros per day a little expensive but free public parking spaces available (if you don't arrive too late)

Excellent breakfast! Friendly staff, spotless and quiet room. Great location for attending concerts etc. at the Capitol

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

A gem on the outskirts - but not too far from the city centre

Although not right in the city centre, the hotel was in a good part of Hannover, which was safe to wander around in late at night. The room was large, very clean and well-equipped. Wi-fi was free throughout the hotel, and didn't 'drop out' like some hotels. The restaurant was fantastic for breakfast - buffet style, with lots of hot and cold choices (eggs, hams, breads, cakes, fruit, pancakes, croissant etc) which were regularly replenished. Didn't eat lunch/dinner, but they had a buffet which looked great value. There are loads of lovely local restaurants within walking distance - Italian and Spanish for example.

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

Good staff, nice brekfast.

A good hotel for business travelers or casual one night stay on the way to toher destinations. Not perfectly located to explore the city, but very close to highway making it a good road trip sleep over.

Good staff, nice brekfast.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

I stayed with kids.

I stayed with kids. There were pictures in room which I found absolutely inappropriate for my kids group. However there was reasonably good breakfast and (paid) parking facilities.

• Reviewed: 9 December 2016

Comfort, cleanliness, décor, size of the room and the...
    • Comfort Double Room

Comfort, cleanliness, décor, size of the room and the breakfast was amazing! We also had dinner there and it was delicious with a lovely atmosphere in the evening.

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

Suprised!

Strange noise from outside until 10pm.I think it's from the restaurant,but not a big problem for us.

Breakfast,large and clean room,high quality bath gel,convient public transport(near bus stop).

Good hotel in perfect location.
    • Apartment (3 Adults)

Poor fitness service. A little expensive for the one night. Expensive car park.

Breakfast was super amazing. I wish every hotel had the same breakfast service. Polite stuff.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

My favourite hotel

No aircon or fan

Friendly and efficient staff. Lifts. Great food and the most amazing breakfast with the biggest selection i have ever seen. Lovely room with free water. Parking gives easy access to hotel.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

Buffet breakfast was very good, room was clean and...

The room was quite small

Buffet breakfast was very good, room was clean and comfortable, the parking was convenient.

Stuff really friendly, good amenities, perfect parking.
    • Apartment (3 Adults)

Stuff really friendly, good amenities, perfect parking. Thanks! We would stay again!

everything was excellent- staff, hotel, breakfast was...

everything was excellent- staff, hotel, breakfast was amazing!

Very good breakfast
    • Small Single Room

Rooms are facing a noisy road

Very good breakfast

Nice and clean room, great breakfast.

A/C not working due to renovation.

Nice and clean room, great breakfast.

Breakfast very good, the hotel is very clean, staff helpful,...

Breakfast very good, the hotel is very clean, staff helpful, everything OK.

Very comfortable, nice, clean , staff is nice.
    • Small Single Room

Very comfortable, nice, clean , staff is nice. Location is amazing - lidl and other stores right next to the hotel. Great for one nighth stay

Great hotel

Great breakfast, helpful staff

I had a wonderful night rest with comfort and relaxation

Nothing! Everything was as expected

It was astonishing and reliable! Would recommend for friends

Great,clean rooms and convenient location!

The breakfast buffet was super extensive and delicious- excellent!

Pretty comfortable, easy to access the city.

Pretty comfortable, easy to access the city.

Perfect breakfast, nice room.

Parking problems.

Perfect breakfast, nice room.

Everything was clean and tidy

Everything was clean and tidy

Staff were so kind

Not 4 stars Hotel

Staff were so kind

team,breakfast and the location near to the downtown

parking and room size

team,breakfast and the location near to the downtown

the temperature in the room could have been higher when I...

the temperature in the room could have been higher when I arrived

Perfect

Always clean and tidy (even though it’s being renovated)

Excellent breakfast

Excellent breakfast

no really up to 4* standards.

Noise, original room allocated was nit 20sq meters as advertised. It was maximum 10sq meters. We were moved to a suite.

Breakfast was amazing

Breakfast is excellent

Breakfast is excellent

Nice stay with excellent Breakfast

Location is not in the city center, but very close to public transportation.

Excellent breakfast. Clean and nice room.

Did not feel I was welcome when I was checking in

Staff needs to be more welcoming at check in

Exlent

The distance to the fair It needs taxi about 35 euro

Every thing is mor than imagining

Browse Hotel Amadeus traveller photo gallery