Reviews of Anna 1908 This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services offered. It is based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Büsingstraße 1 / Ecke Bornstraße, Tempelhof-Schöneberg, 12161 Berlin, Germany

#153 of 596 hotels in Berlin

• Reviewed: 12 October 2018

Very good, a bit expensive.
    • Small and Fine

I arrived late (around midnight) and had to call a phone-number to get they key. The service unfortunately was not very good as it took me 2 phone calls and 15 min just to get in the building.

Almost everything else. The breakfast was a treat!

• Reviewed: 10 October 2018

It has a lovely playground just outside, parking is very...
    • Small and Fine with Balcony

The lift is tiny so we couldn’t even fit our pram in. And it only stops on every other floor.

It has a lovely playground just outside, parking is very close and the area where it is located is very nice. The hotel itself is pretty and nicely furnished.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2018

Good basic hotel
    • Family Room with Balcony

There is no lobby and the rooms are basic. There is a cheap parking near the hotel

Good location, close to shopping centers and public transportation . Very clean

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

It was ok
    • Small and Fine with Balcony

The stuff was polite but not in a sincere way. It was unusual for us to be asked to announce in the evening if we want breakfast in the morning (it was not included in the initial reservation). Also it is very uncomfortable to check in at 15,00 in the afternoon if you arrived at 8,30 in the morning. We made the reservation for a king size bed and they give us twin beds.

It was nice to have a balcony. Also everything was very clean.

Room 9, very comfy beds, silent room.
    • Small and Fine

Pity, no possibility to prepare tea or coffee in the room.

Room 9, very comfy beds, silent room. We didn't take breakfast in the hotel, but it did look like a huge variety and excellent quality. Easy access from metro station.

Enjoyable but somewhat pricey.

I would have loved to have tea and coffee making facilities in the room, hair conditioner and body lotion.

Quiet with reliable wifi, very friendly staff, close to shops and opposite a nice playground, with very good (although pricey breakfast).

Really clean and spacious;
    • Our Cosy Room with Balcony

Probably because of the major conference in town during my stay, all the hotels are crazy expensive. But I heard it normally is not the case.

Really clean and spacious; helpful staff members (had a sink blockage and they came within 2 minutes, solving it within 30 seconds); great location. Supermarkets next door, also both U and S subway stations just steps away.

Lovely hotel with lovely staff. You are close to the city centre - excellent public transport.
    • Mini

Small rooms if you have lots of luggage, however big enough for us (only hand luggage suitcases) and what we needed for a few days.

Very clean hotel. Night entrance. Multi storey parking beside hotel and very cheap. Lots of shops and shopping centres - all in walking distance

We stayed here some years ago, and were disappointed this time.
    • Mini

Booking.com did not clearly indicate that we were getting a single-sized room with a double bed inserted leaving very very little room for anything else; a very narrow desk, not a table, and a stool, not a chair. Surprisingly the room had no telephone, not even to reach reception or in emergency, and there was no payphone available anywhere. The reception closes at 10.30pm, at which point guests are left to their own devices. We were told that in emergency we should contact one of the other Lindeman hotels in Berlin. A foreigner with a foreign mobile could encounter problems.

Convenient and quiet location.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

Great location, room, staff
    • Small and Fine with Balcony

Our only complaint is that the lift was out of order, and we stayed on the top floor during a heat wave. But they did help us carry our bags to/from our room, so some bonus points for service are in order.

The original character of the building is well preserved while facilities (bathroom, wiring/lighting, etc.) are quite new and modern. All-round very comfortable and relaxing. If you need to stay in touch with family/office, note that the wifi was excellent. 1 block from buses & U-Bahn, shopping. We will try to stay here again next time we visit Berlin.

Very nice short stay
    • Small and Fine

The weather was nice but way too hot for me (over 35°C)...there was no air conditioning in the room. (I know that this was exceplional for Berlin. For normal weather conditions, the rooms are totally fine!)

excellent breakfast! large choice of everything I could imagine for breakfast. nice staff! quick check in and check out spacious rooms very close to the subway/bus station

Horrible, worst ever
    • Small and Fine

For no apparrent reason I was given the worst room in the hotel. In a very hot day, I was accommodated without an air condition under the roof in the top floor with no balconey. I have not slept for 3 night till I virtually forced the lady in the reception to change my room. Horrible experience.

Location: 2-3 minutes on foot from shopping street, where...

room was too small

Location: 2-3 minutes on foot from shopping street, where you may find buses and U-bahn. Quite place, nice building, they rent bicycles, room is renovated (just too small), with all the utilities (electronic safety box, hairdryer, big flat screen tv)nice choice for a short stay (1 night). Perfect value for money I spent. Building has a nice atmosphere and face itself on a small amusement park for kids. REception close at 22.30 then you may get in with your keys

Breakfast was excellent!
    • Small and Fine

Only thing what disturbed was the noise coming from hallway into the room. You can hear people walking/talking near your room, feels like somebody has already stepped into the room. All this is because the room doors don't close tightly, and there is an air gap between doors and floor, and it wasn't particular issue just for our room.

Breakfast was excellent! Location is close to shopping malls and public transportation (U-Bahn, etc). Personnel is very friendly and helpful.

Very nice room in a good location.
    • Small and Fine

The breakfast was somewhat disappointing. While the selection on offer was adequate, having all the usual offering, the price was £14 per day, meaning I had the breakfast only for the first day and ended up going out to cheaper cafes for the following days. Additionally, the wifi was occasionally very slow.

The room was very cosy and kept very warm during the stay, which was perfect. The staff were friendly and took into account my lack of german. When I returned home after the day out, the room was spotless and very neatly tidied!

norhing
    • Small and Fine with Balcony

The staffs are not polite at all, not a little smile and talk to the clients like they are stupid! I will never go to this place again in my Life !!!!! Especially they were two womens extremely racist !!

norhing

Breakfast was very good.
    • Family Room with Balcony

Cleanliness of the room floor. Door springs slam too hard and they tend to wake you up at night when people in neighbouring rooms enter or leave the room. Limited tv for English selection speaking guests.

Breakfast was very good. beds were comfortable.

Great experience!
    • Small and Fine

Wi-Fi did not work properly in my room since it was on the top floor in the corner of the building. Very few electrical outlets in the room.

Very nice room. I arrived after reception closed but they conveniently left a key for me and it was easy to get to my room. Perfect location for a meeting I was having the next day. They even provided a complimentary bottle of water. Everything was very clean. This place exceeded my expectations.

A very good choice, a bit pricy

140 Euros per night is a bit stiff for this level of hotel

Good location with regards to my meeting place, comfortable hotel with needed things on their places

Nice hotel , front desk clerk ruined the experience
    • Business Double Room

Awful girl with short hair at the front desk, checkin is at 15:00 ??? , checkout at 11:00 , complete ripoff you don't own the room for 24 hours

Good clean room

The hotel is in a GREAT location.
    • Small and Fine

The woman that checked my husband and I in gave me difficulties because, I assume, I'm not German and I don't have German identification. I'm an American married to a German, and we live in Baveria. We have family living in Berlin, as my husband comes from Berlin, and we drove up to celebrate a family member's birthday. I booked our accommodations through Booking. When we arrived she kept demanding to see my identification card and passport because the address I listed as my home address is a German address, and, as she kept pointing out, I'm clearly not German. I gave her my U.S. government military I.D. card, as I am military and that is the only identification card I am legally required to carry on me in Germany. She took it and told me that my ID was invalid because it's not German, it's not my passport, and it doesn't have my address on it. My husband tried to give her his German ID card, which has our address on it (which matched the address the hotel had on file), but she refused it because she only wanted mine. I explained to her that as a U.S. military personnel I am not legally required to carry my passport on me since I'm not outside of Germany, and our I.D. cards and American passports don't have our addresses listed on them like the Germans do because....well, because it's just not- each country is different. She huffed and puffed, but eventually just let me sign the paper so we can get our room. Every hotel and hostel I've ever stayed at, in and outside of Germany, has always had me and whomever I'm with fill out a form providing our information (which, I know, is standard practice everywhere), but this is the first hotel to give me problems because I have a German address but don't have German identification- treating me as if I did something wrong. She wore her brown hair up in a bun, wore glasses, and is young. I've been living in Germany for 7 years now.

The hotel is in a GREAT location. The facility is clean, the beds are comfortable, and the price is AMAZING. I've been to this location dozens of times, and never knew of this hotel. I'm glad I do now. The hotel is fantastic for the most part. The only problem I had was with the woman during check in, everything else was good.

The Hotel was very clean, the location is close to Shopping...
    • Mini

Room was a little bit too small. A parkplace can be tricky to find.

The Hotel was very clean, the location is close to Shopping centers and easy too reach. The Staff was friendly.

Excellent place.

Everything excellent.

Very nice and clean. Super! Definetly recomend. We took no breakfast, but there are plenty of possibilities to have one in surrounding area.

Cozy hotel in a great area
    • Our Cosy Room with Balcony

The hotel doesn't have Air conditioning, but to be fair most hotels and homes don't in Berlin. It was just especially warm a few days during our stay. The staff provided a fan for our room, this helped a lot. I was very impressed with the customer service and drive to make every aspect of our stay perfect! Anastasia was a pleasure to speak with and helped us with all our needs. She went above and beyond with all our requests.

The hotel was conveniently located with easy to access shopping and public transportation within walking distance. Also the property was recently updated and everything is nice and new. We where very impressed with the entire staff at the property, especially Anastasia! She was so nice and helpful during our stay, because of her we will be booking again and recommending Hotel Anna 1908 in the future. Thank you for a very special and memorable stay!

Perfect stay in Berlin for two.
    • Small and Fine

The walls are very thin and it is possible to hear almost everything.

We liked that the room was very cosy and clean. The interior is beautiful and the view is also fine. The cafes and shops are near the hotel which is very convenient. The mattress is so comfortable that we did not want to wake up.

Amazing stay in Berlin!
    • Small and Fine

The only concern we had was internet connectivity. Our devices were constantly disconnecting from the signal, but when we were connected it was very strong.

This hotel was very comfortable, rooms are new and very clean. Location is excellent (close to Metro and highway). Parking garage is available for extra charge. Shopping centers are very close. Area has a lot of really good restaurants. Staff is extremely nice and helpful. Breakfast was amazing!

Enjoyable and good location
    • Small and Fine

Door in room for fridge but absence of one which would have been good as weather +25C. Quality of reception staff varied. Some good but not so helpful with and sympathetic ti finding up to date transport information during bad flood in city.

Room newly refurbished.to a high standard. Neighbourhood clean, safe, quiet and next to good range of shops and transport. Good selection of breakfast. Quiet and restfful enabling good night's sleep with more character than many chains

Not bad. Would try something else if I could.
    • Family Room with Balcony (3 Adults)

No washcloths. No air-conditioning (common in Europe). Room was in a shared hotel/apartment building.

The staff were friendly. The location is near a major shopping district and mass transit was a brief walk away. Parking was only €10 per day. The made sure my daughter had gluten free bread.

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

Don't go.
    • Family Room

Staff, parking, everything. Staff impatient and need training. Parking, given the wrong on site parking place so asked me to move car while I was out sightseeing - no apology! Cleaner comes into the room while we are sleeping at 8.45! Not a good experience.

Nothing. I won't stay again.

Disappointed that I was initially to be charged EUR 506 for...
    • Family Room with Balcony (3 Adults)

Disappointed that I was initially to be charged EUR 506 for the booking, but when I got an email about specials on booking.com and reviewed the offering 2 days before check in, i saw the 'last room' of the type I booked was discounted 43%, and so I cancelled my first booking and re-booked the room for EUR 329. I don't like playing games like that, but like fair and transparent pricing. I left early because my wife and son did not join me, their flight was cancelled due to a bird flying into the plane engine. But even though I alerted the hotel of this early into the second day of my stay, by policy, it was too late for me to cancel the third night (as I left the third day and did not stay the third, paid for, night). So that was fair, by policy, but not understanding of my situation or helpful. The point is, pricing policy isn't 'right' for me, and the room was definitely not worth 506 for 3 nights.

Small but perfectly formed. Doubt that 2 people could have managed in there!
    • Mini

Room was stuffy and hot during the night (and this in April). No bedside lamp. Breakfast looked good, but too expensive to sample.

Clean and unfussy decor. Great shower, good pressure. Staff were charming.

• Reviewed: 3 April 2017

Very friendly staff and also answered and helped with all my...
    • Small and Fine with Balcony

No water boilers or refrigerator in the room but that's okay.

Very friendly staff and also answered and helped with all my issues. I would definitely stay here again if I visit Berlin again. Nice and very clean room and comfortable bed in a nice and safe neighborhood.

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

Great Spot!

Can't pick anything!

Excellent location for this part of Berlin, 15 min underground ride to centre. Hotel was comfortable, breakfast was plentiful and good. Local restaurants very good, ask reception for local German restaurant which had great 'home cooking' style food at very reasonable prices.

Single room for Doubles, very small.
    • Mini

We booked the room in the same evening, it said in the system with breakfest but later it turned out it was 14eur each extra for breakfest. The room was so small two persons can not exchange in the room. it was litteraly 3m2 walking space and the sink in the bathroom was the smallest sink I ever have seen , Looked like a room witch was suposed to be for single use is made for double use, very small tight and not comfortable, on the ferries there are even larger rooms.

Everything looked very new and trendy. Ovelall visual experience was good.

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

We like the room and location very much and it is totally...
    • Small and Fine

I actually needed some help that my boyfriend forgot his phone at home and one that morning I really needed to leave before him. Moreover, the room did not have the telephone provided! I asked the staff please knock the door for him because we did not see other possibility to make it. I was so worried if he could not get up before check out time. I had to hurry up to head back to hotel again after I finished my personal business. It would be great if the staff had more willing to help me this.

We like the room and location very much and it is totally worth for money.

• Reviewed: 18 February 2017

Great hotel--very happy with our stay!
    • Family Room (3 Adults)

The socks were a little dirty after walking on the floor...

The hotel is right next to a shopping mall which is great for a family if you have forgotten anything. The playground across the street was so nice for our children!!! The room was big and just what we needed.

• Reviewed: 21 January 2017

Very good location near the shops, restaurants, metro, bus.
    • Small and Fine

Not suitable for travelling with big luggages.

Very good location near the shops, restaurants, metro, bus. Very nice design, comfortable, clean. Friendly stuff, good breakfast.

New Years eve visit to Berlin
    • Small and Fine

Didn't opt for the breakfast included. Although noticed it was a good selection, personally I think price is a bit on high side.

Visiting friends who live nearby, so location was chosen based on where they live. However from hotel very good transport links to Berlin city centre, easy and quick. Hotel room was clean and good for our purpose

Not worth our money.
    • Family Room with Balcony

The building didn't look much like a hotel, we had to walk around the building to get to our room.

The staff was helpful and nice. The hotel was at a decent location.

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

Rooms and keys do not make a Hotel ...
    • Small and Fine

Rooms overheated (> 25 C) with thermostats locked. Cleaning staff entering room three times, early morning, despite our "no". WiFi is limited to one device, WiFi quality is circa standard 2005. When a guest locked himself out of the room and needed emergency help, 11 pm, it took one hour as there is no staff on premises.

Reception staff is friendly and professional. Breakfast is good.

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016

Close to mass transit
    • Family Room

The room was a bit small, but served its purpose.

This hotel was conveniently located near a mall, the underground subway as well as the above ground train. There is also a playground across the street. The room was clean and newly updated. There was also daily maid service. I would recommend this hotel to others.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2016

Better than I thought it would turn out to be
    • Small and Fine with Balcony

The WiFi connection however was a bit poor, it was weak at times.

I especially like the location that the hotel is in, it is very close to several means of transport and has a couple of shopping centres surrounding it.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2016

Very good location, nice room with a lot of day light and a...
    • Our Cosy Room with Balcony

Elevator between the floors, so not convenient for those who can not walk up and down the stairs.

Very good location, nice room with a lot of day light and a small balcony, nice hotel design, friendly staff, good breakfast.

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

would like to stay here when i am in Berlin....
    • Business Double Room

I like the nice personnel, the design of the rooms (clean, simple, a bit like the scandinavian style), the breakfast with muesli, fruits, tee, coffee, etc. Cooked eggs painted with big eyes are the highlight for me. : D.

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

we will definitely be back!
    • Family Room (3 Adults)

We couldn't complain of anything.

The location is very good for families with children. Right under the windows there is a playground fit for children between one year old and 18 years old. The apartment is freshly renovated and was very comfortable. Breakfast is also very good.

• Reviewed: 16 October 2018

Nice place to stay.
    • Small and Fine with Balcony

Nice place to stay. Spacious room. Everything was great. Friendly and helpful staff

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

Conveniently situated place in Berlin
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Conveniently situated place in Berlin

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

The eggs are extremely cute!
    • Small and Fine

The eggs are extremely cute!

Excellent breakfasts.
    • Small and Fine with Balcony

Excellent breakfasts. Nice, neat, clean room, wonderful neighborhood.

Location is perfect.

Location is perfect. Very nice breakfast. Shops closes at 20.00 .. be aware

The hotel is very comfortable and stylish, the wifi worked...

Pricey

The hotel is very comfortable and stylish, the wifi worked well, and the breakfast is amazing.

clean structure

too expensive

clean structure nice staff

Nice place, near underground and shopping, car park
    • Family Room (3 Adults)

Small room, space for three persons only for beds

Nice place, near underground and shopping, car park

A very nice returning visit with an unexpected upgrade
    • Family Room (3 Adults)

A small residents bar Sell coffee and drinks so guests could sit and relax at tables outside

Nice atmosphere Good location

So cozy

So cozy

Very friendly and willing to help staff!
    • Small and Fine with Balcony

Very friendly and willing to help staff! Good location

in general, good
    • Business Double Room

no airco, rooms too hot, luckly, since in quite area, windwos could be open during night

breakfast location quite

Comfort

Big room

It was clean and good located

Perfect value / money / Good breakfast

Perfect value / money / Good breakfast

Wireless internet was intermittent.
    • Small and Fine

Wireless internet was intermittent. Very frustrating.

Nice breakfast

Nice breakfast

good value
    • Our Cosy Room with Balcony

Would have prefered to have a breakfast included.

Location and price

very good location , very nice staff, clean and comfy place.
    • Our Cosy Room with Balcony

very good location , very nice staff, clean and comfy place.

Very small elevator and everywhere is the smell of cigarettes
    • Mini

Smell of cigarettes is disgusting and it’s everywhere in the corridor

Simple but nicely equipped/furnished hotel on a good...
    • Mini

Simple but nicely equipped/furnished hotel on a good location for a very reasonable price. They also offer very nice breakfast.

The breakfast is perfect!
    • Small and Fine

The breakfast is perfect!

Would have been nice to have a kettle/ coffee machine...
    • Family Room with Balcony

Would have been nice to have a kettle/ coffee machine and ironing table/ iron in the room

Everything was just perfect

Internet was not working for the last day

Internet was not working for the last day

Clean and Tidy.
    • Small and Fine with Balcony

Mattress saggy and uncomfortable. Wifi not functional for a morning. No kettle in room.

Clean and Tidy. Pleasant Staff.

Excellent stay in Berlin
    • Small and Fine

Some staircases after the lift to get to the rooms

Late breakfast, good bed, space in bathroom

The staff members were kind and helpful.
    • Mini

The bathroom was too small.

The staff members were kind and helpful.

Very good place!

Not much to dislike!

Wish we stayed here all 4 nights in Berlin. Loved this place!

Browse Anna 1908 traveller photo gallery