Reviews of Hotel Antares Düsseldorf 3 stars

Corneliusstr. 82, Friedrichstadt, 40215 Düsseldorf, Germany

#186 of 197 hotels in Düsseldorf

• Basic Twin Room

I expected a hotel and it was more like a student hostel,,,I tried to chenge or cancel a week in advance and had no choice for it....super expensive for what it is !!

• Basic Double Room

Room heating could have been better, and as well the TV system, but not big issue at all.

Excellent Location.Public transport, super markets, tour spots, every thing at easiest possible access.Also very easy to locate hotel.Superb Value for money.Breakfast is very good choice for just 7 euros.

• Basic Double Room

If I had to nitpick: The elevator was a bit scary. The bed could have been more comfortable. The bathroom smelled strongly of cleaning chemicals (opening the window for a bit fixed the problem!).

Plain, but simple accommodations. Great, considering the price. We were stuck in Düsseldorf due to a delayed flight and wanted a cheap private room at the last minute. Hotel Antares came through for us.

• Basic Triple Room

During our stay something technical thing happened with warm water / heating. The staff handled situation really professionally, showing can do spirit of finding solution. I am happy to recommend this place also for others, who prefer low budget hotel with 24h reseption service.

• Basic Double Room

Asked for the receipt for the paid extra's as for the breakfast and parking space which they would not be able to give. The hotel description says that the staff speaks English. Which was sadly not true. Almost nobody of the staff spoke English. Also there was no ventilation in the bedroom and bathroom we had to open the window on a cold winter night.

24 hour customer service. The friendly breakfast lady that served a good breakfast. Location was perfect 15 min walk to the centre. Good private secured parking space a little too expensive could be cheaper.

• Basic Single Room

Beds and pillows were downright horrendous. I could hear the spring creek in the single rooms making back pains inevitable the following morning.

I really liked the friendliness of the staff and how helpful they were! Made a great difference to the over all place! Rooms were neat and tidy too!

• Basic Double Room

I’ll begin with saying that we didn’t plan on staying in this hotel. After our city break in Köln we missed our plane and needed a cheap place to stay for a couple of days. So we found this on a good deal and decided to book it. It was really easy to get here from the train station and from the moment we walked to their door and told them what happened all we got was good vibes and empathy. The receptioner was very kind and helpful, went above and beyond our needs. He saw we were exhausted and let us check in even before their hours, as soon as their first room got cleaned. The room interior was kind of old school, but it was clean and neat. Plus, the staff was so nice, and for us, at that moment, it was all that mattered.

• Basic Double Room

The bathrooms for single bedrooms are too small.

The location is in town with shops,restaurant,mall all walking distance,the staff very hospitable and friendly and wiling to offer any assistance especially on direction and cars buses trams to take

• Basic Single Room

Not really sure honestly I mean it’s a little walk to things like Altstadt but walking is fun. Unless you’re boring

Really friendly staff just simple cheap room. Room was bigger than other cheap ones I’ve been in. No complaints. I slept great there.

• Basic Double Room

The bathroom did not smell good

Reception was always opened and kind; Brillant and delicious breakfast (not included but I strongly recommend pay fee); Relatively close to centraal station

• Standard Twin Room

Exorbitant Price that i was charged for a day. Booked 5 nights, i was charged 694 Euros, of which I came to know the 1st day (Monday) charges was 424 Euros and 2nd day was 125 Euros, and the rest 3 days it was approx 45 Euros. I really don't understand why such charges was levied to me. I came to know from others who stayed they booked around 44 Euros/night. I feel completely cheated due to this. Even after after paying such huge charges, there was no complimentary breakfast too, no welcome drinks... Above all, the hotel had WiFi issues for 2 nights, and the Elevator was out of order for 3 nights. I had to use staircase till 3rd floor and also on last carry around 50Kgs (3 Bags) from staircase.

Location was the only positive and the staff were good.

• Basic Double Room

Very basic but still great value. All amenities you need, comfortable beds and clean. Make sure to ask for a room to the backyard since traffic can be noisy.

• Basic Double Room

A very noise room, the windows are bad, the room is overlooking the street, the street is a with a lot of traffic, if you have a light sleep you will have problem to sleep well. It's a small room with basic things.

Good location 15min from main station and 15 min from main attraction from the city. Staff very nice and good English. Wifi ok. Clean room. Few fast foods and restaurants and supermarkets very near (in 200m). Cheap price (52e/night/2 persons)

• Standard Twin Room

Lift was broken for most of the week. Front door had no access. No curtain in bathroom. Poor fitting curtain in bedroom. Decor was dated Good points It was clean and friendly

• Basic Single Room

Lift was not working - I understand problems happen and "we" have to wait for engineers - same in any country!

I enjoy a typical German breakfast - there are other options which also looked very nice but didn't try them because I enjoy the German option. Easy walk from the main railway station and other facilities.

• Basic Single Room

Some receptionist were not at their place , I needed to wait for them quite long at the reception .

I stayed in a single room, which was still quite spacious, this is a good point . The bed was comfortable .

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

• Basic Single Room

It´s a little bit old fashionable decor, the bathroom also is tacky and fairly dirty

The hotel has got great prices for a night. It's relativy close to the city center and train station. Quiet and large room.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

• Basic Double Room

Room had a constant smell of old furniture, and in the rooms next to the street is very difficult to sleep because of the trams and cars.

Location is good, staff was nice and helpful.

• Basic Double Room

No real complaints, but room could be decorated with painting or something. That's all!

Clean, comfy hotel with friendly staff. Excellent parking facilities. The room was big and it was quiet. The bathroom is simple but clean.

• Basic Twin Room

There was no air conditioning in the room which was very hot on entree. The big windows however allowed for much fresh air to come in as during the evening outside it became cooler.

Decent hotel at a nice central location on walking distance (15m) from the old city center. Nothing too fancy, but all the basic needs were covered. Furthermore, parking was very convenient and it was no problem to keep our car parked a bit longer after our check-out.

• Basic Single Room

I had a basic room without AC nor fan. It was so hot that staying in the room was like roasted in an oven. It would be great if the weather wasn't that hot.

The room was super cheap and very clean.

• Basic Single Room

Noise from the street required closing the windows. The WiFi kept losing the internet, so it was not that useful.

Nice room, equipped with everything that I needed.

• Basic Double Room

Limited space in the room. One side of bed was inaccessible. No temperature control to stop scalding from hot water. As you showered temperature varied from very hot to normal. If a child used taps in bathroom would be very dangerous.

Staff were pleasant.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

• Basic Twin Room

The room was super hot when we arrived and it didn't have air conditioning. Opening the windows also didn't help. The noise from the street and the heat were bothering us all night. One of the beds was a couch and not comfortable at all. When we flushed the toilet the water was spraying everywhere from behind the toilet. Wouldn't recommend

Location is close to the train station

Value for money - nothing special, but it was all we needed! Simple rooms, bathrooms are fine. The centre is a 15 minutes walk, plus the tram stops before the hotel.

• Basic Double Room

Not clean I found a dirty sock on the floor. The room was really hot even though the heat was not on. The breakfast is really expensive for what it offers.

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

• Basic Twin Room

The area may look a little shady at first but we had no hassle walking around day or even late on at night.

Location was only a short journey to all main attractions. Nice staff who spoke English clean rooms.

• Reviewed: 9 February 2017

• Basic Single Room

At the last night of my stay, something went wrong with heating system - the room rapidly became very chilly.

The single room is a bit small, but cozy; they are located in attic floor (and you must take a stairs to get there from previous floor, so be prepare for that). The optional breakfast is fair, staff members are very polite.

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

• Basic Double Room

Well the Internet on the 5th floor wasn't working and what shocked me was the fact that nobody cared. I called 3 times, was at the receptionist and all to no avail. They didn't even apologize or seem to care ! My room was pretty dirty as well

Bed was quite comfortable and the heater still worked really well . It was a very warm , cozy room

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

• Basic Single Room

There wasn't a fridge in the single room.

The staff was very helpful and kind. Wifi was fast and hassle free. The room is spacious and the bed is comfortable.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

• Basic Twin Room

Extremely noisy room giving on main road with curtains not even long enough to reach the bottom of the window. Broken window sill and door, shower alternatively freezing and scolding hot. At least there were no rats!

• Reviewed: 3 December 2016

• Basic Single Room

The remote control of the television was broken. Electronic devices were a bit old in general.

The near distance to the main city of Düsseldorf. It's very reachable by car to drive to clients near Düsseldorf.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

• Economy Single Room

Noisy corridor - could do with carpetting

Close to most things - Old Town and trams etc. There is a nearby supermarket (Netto) and close to restaurants.

• Reviewed: 10 November 2016

• Basic Double Room

one room was cold and the heating didn't work, but the staff changed the room without any comments.

the friendly and helpful staff from the reception

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

• Basic Twin Room

The room was terrible and the window was sealed.Traffic noise unbearable and the cost for 4 nights was way too much. I booked a twin bed room but got a single bed and 'couch' for search of a better word.I was fleeced but all hotels fully booked due to fair.

Easy connection to transport network.

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

• Basic Twin Room

Extremally expensive for this quality. I ordered room for no smokers but it smelled terribly. Even in dorm in Ukraine i got better quality. I paid additionally for breakfast - scrambled eggs out of powder, sorry.

Very nice polish girl on reception.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

• Basic Twin Room

I made a reservations at the hotel on booking.com which was more expensive and would permit me to cancel. Moments after, when I decided I wanted to stay here, as I proceeded to the hotel I made a non refundable cheaper booking and promptly cancelled the other. I got to the hotel and they pretended they didn't see the other cheaper booking even after I gave them the booking reference and all. The staff on duty were not willing to budge and claimed the only booking they saw for me was the second one which I had already got notification from booking.com that I had cancelled.

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

• Basic Single Room

I was given a room without a toilet, which was not what I have booked. The hotel didn't have any ati-allergic bed quilts. Staff was pleasant, but not very helpful. They couldn't even give me a proper invoice including breakfast.

It was the last hotel available at a busy time in Dusseldorf...

• Reviewed: 5 September 2016

• Basic Single Room

Extremly loud in the room including nights even with closed windows and curtains - the hotel placed on very active street. Stuffily (I was in summer) and the window cannot be opened due to the high street noise. No air conditioner which could be very helpful in such situation.

Location is close to parks and the city center. Clean facilities, friendly staff. Cheap enough.

• Reviewed: 7 July 2016

• Basic Twin Room

Got back in the middle of the night and there was nobody of the staff present. We told the staff we'd be out late, and they explained us how to access the hotel with a pin code. All very good! But we handed in our room key and they did not tell us they'd lock these after 11 o'clock. We called the emergency number listed on the reception, but the guy at the other end of the line was extremely unhelpful and rude. He didn't know where the keys were and just kept repeating the same sentence: a box on the reception, a box on the reception. After explaining this was not the case he hung up on me. Twice. Didn't matter if I spoke German or English. After at least thirty minutes we discovered there was a safe way back down the hallway, on the wall. No box on the reception. Apart from this incident the stay was decent. Nothing fancy, but it was okay clean... The guy behind the emergency number ruined this night for me: very rude, didn't know what he was talking about and hung up on me several times.

Cheap hotel, about 20-30 minutes walk from Altstadt. Good parking spots at the hotel behind closed gates. Friendly front desk staff, when theýre there to help you... Unlike what they state here, there's no staff after 11 o'clock at night!!!

Reception

Wifi

No airconditioning, hot room

Nice bathroom, clean room, good budget hotel.

the bed

• Basic Double Room

Room was small and it was hard to sleep due to the noise from the busy street in front of the hotel.

Affordable, friendly staff

• Basic Twin Room

The smell of the room and the bed sheets are changed daily.

Private parking lots

• Basic Double Room

Dirty room, bad smell, mold in the shower, no bed table

good breakfast

• Basic Double Room

the staff are friendly and helpful, the room is clean.

• Basic Double Room

just there aren't any fridge and water boiler in room.

the room was clean and quite also staff was very friendly.

Beds were rather hard

• Basic Double Room

The location and the helpful reception

parking space not surficient

comfort all trough

• Basic Single Room

Smell in the room and in hotel terrible, if window is open noise very high. Hair fan fixed unconfortable. I don't recomended this place.

• Basic Single Room

very poor quality room, clearly no money spent on looking after this place.

All was perfect for me.

Great Value

• Basic Single Room

Safe and easily accessible from central station hauptbanhaf

Great staff !!!

Nothing bad.

Very good service, nice staff and very clean

Wonderful staff ))

• Economy Single Room

Room was too small and once I found my room opened whereas I locked it while leaving.

Parking too expensive

• Basic Single Room

Reception very kind and friendly, Camilla super professional and gentle

• Basic Double Room

No working TV, no safe in the room

• Basic Double Room

15 mins walk from train station, walking distance from city center, Volksgarten. Rooms and simple and clean.

• Basic Double Room

Too simple and the beds were not comforatble

Location and friendliness

No complaints

Friendly staff, convenient location , clean, good for your money

• Basic Double Room

Friendly staff. Good location. Comfortable and spacious room.

• Basic Single Room

A little dark in the hallways and staircases.

Clean and quite. Good value for money.

• Basic Single Room

Breakfast seems a bit expensive

Good Wifi

• Basic Double Room

Parking very good, goodto eat

• Basic Twin Room

The bed was extra comfy!! And very clean and the prices were fair. If I am ever in Dusseldorf again, I would definitely stay at Hotel Antares.

• Basic Twin Room

Strong smell of smoke in first room even though non-smoking. Very hot outside and no way to cool down the room.

Basic but clean

Room very basic.

Good value for money

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

• Basic Single Room

The bed was ideal and comfortable for my short stay. Will definetly be visiting again.

Browse Hotel Antares Düsseldorf traveller photo gallery