Reviews of SleepLounge - Appartments am Airport 2 stars

Heschredder 93, Fuhlsbüttel, 22335 Hamburg, Germany

#42 of 75 Holiday rentals in Hamburg

Based on 700 apartment reviews

• Studio Apartment (2 Adults)

Wifi worked off and on, and there was noone available to ask about it.

Discretely located in a leafy suburb, it was hard to imagine this was walking distance (as long as you only had carry on bags) from a busy international airport

• Apartment

It s really bad, you ca hear all the noises from other rooms. They also have a lot of rules(like no cooking specific foods) wich is not mentioned iniatially. The building is old, the rooms are small.

The non smoking rule.

• Apartment

Carrying large suitcase up flights of stairs as no lift.

A nice compact room that was clean and comfortable. 15 minutes walk from the airport - it was a bit confusing as you have to walk around the edge of the Raddisson to find the foot bridge over the main road. The area seems safe and quiet. The friendly host who lives opposite just happened to be passing when we arrived and went to fetch our keys. It was much easier in the morning when we walked back to the airport to catch the train.

• Studio Apartment (2 Adults)

Our room had been changed to one without a balcony and without a microwave. Apparently the owner thought that we would prefer that room, but we would have actually preferred that one because it meant we wasted some food and went hungry! (apparently that room was on the floor below) Neighbours next door had a verbal fight at 6.30 in the morning!

Our plane was delayed by 3 hours, so we arrived near midnight, but fairly easy to find where keys were left.

• Studio Apartment (2 Adults)

The room could have been warmer. Drainage in bathroom was a bit clogged. Could not connect to the Wi-Fi network.

Spacious apartment near the airport. Needed only a place to sleep and SleepLounge met my expectations.

• Apartment

Room cannot be recommended for a longer stay, as it is very small. A few restaurant recommandations on the information for guests with late arrival would come in handy- with opening hours. Such as Lindos, 10 minutes walk from the hotel, serving food til 23:)

This was definately a great deal for 1 night. The room had all you needed for a night, had a pleasant interieur and it was conveniently located close to the airport, you can even walk to the hotel! Information given to us in a letter (as check in was closed when we arrived 21.30) was very good. All in all a great, clean place for a single night or two

• Studio Apartment (2 Adults)

This is a well managed facility friendly host and very looked after rooms as a professional traveller I would recommends this facility to everyone because it ticks all the boxes. You have very spacious clean rooms with all the necessities and a very nice host. what else are going to be looking for other than have a good time and enjoy Hamburg. I recommend SleepLoung for all and I am very pleased that I found SleepLoung. Many thanks for having me and my family we loved it and we shall do it again.

• Studio Apartment (2 Adults)

The room was so cold when we arrived and it took so long to warm up as it only had this old oil heater in one corner. there were no pillows, there were only this very large uncomfortable pillow that looked like display pillow. Also i burned myself on the shower as the water mixer were not working properly.

Bed was very comfortable and fluffy, kitchen had all the necessities needed.

• Studio Apartment (2 Adults)

Unfortunately the Wifi was really bad. It just worked for 1 hour at one evening what was quite annoying as I wanted to work something. There also weren't any tea towels to dry the washed dishes.

It was a cosy and really clean apartment very close to the airport.

• Apartment

I booked this property because it is next to the airport and I had a very early flight. It is just a 5 minute, 9 euro taxi-ride away. The neighborhood is residential and very quiet : one can really sleep well there, even when hitting the sack at as early as 8 PM. There are enough amenities to make yourself at home (tv, wifi, kitchenette and even free coffee for breakfast, which was very nice).

See above

The room itself was very nice but finding it, finding the keys which were posted on the door of the property across the road, then getting up two flights of stairs with heavy suitcases was not easy late at night in the dark. 24 hour reception, better directions and knowledge of the stairs before getting there would have been helpful. However, the host the following morning was very good, thank you.

• Apartment

getting a taxi to take us from the airport to the property was a problem, due to the properties close proximity to the airport

very clean & tidy, with good facillities

• Apartment

More a bedroom with a kitchen area than an apartment. Furniture was good but room finish was not so good.

Close to the airport. Easy reach of train station. Parking outside.

• Studio Apartment (2 Adults)

Either the main light didn't work, or maybe we were too stupid to work it out?

It was clean and functional. They've thought of everything a traveller needs! We would stay there next time even if we didn't need to be close to the Airport to catch a plane home...

• Studio Apartment (2 Adults)

There was no elevator and I had to carry alone my bags, the stroller and my baby to the second floor

Very close to the airport, good instructions given, very clean and nice room! I would choose it again !

• Apartment

In spite of cold heavy rain, In spite of we reached before 8 pm (their info says they are in hotel until 9 pm), nobody is in the hotel. This hotel left message and it redirected to other house, so my wife was soaked through. We couldn't use heating machine (we traveled Europe more than 2 months and we never saw this heating machine. so I don't think it's quite common) So my wife caught a terrible cold. I thought evaluating bad score without any explanation is not fair, so I sent a message to host. But he or she didn't understand what I'm saying at all and replied us "I am not responsible for bad weather".

• Apartment

No elevator so need to carry the luggage upstairs.

Very close to the airport and in a nice neighborhood. Very Convinent for check in and out. Worthy for the money.

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

• Apartment

The host is extremely rude. I called when I arrived because I had not received information on check in. Eric was presumptuous and over perturbed by my simple question of how to get into my booking. He then proceeded to hang up on me. Apartment was also hard to reach, two steep floors up, with my large suitcases.

It was very clean and the bed was comfy.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

• Studio Apartment (2 Adults)

Perfect apartment for one night stay, we traveled through Hamburg on our way to Norway via car. Parking was great, quiet street, check in via an envelope with key inside and instructions, dog friendly, nice balcony with sliding doors, mini kitchenette, very clean, shower was amazing, comfy bed, took a while to find/connect to the wifi, 15Euros extra for taking the dog, flexible with types of payment, good contact with staff via message.

• Reviewed: 5 February 2017

• Apartment

The stairs were very steep and slim, for the apartment under the roof!!

It was a very cosy apartment for a 1-night stay and perfect with an early airplane next morning. Will certainly use it again some other time.

• Reviewed: 10 December 2016

• Studio Apartment (2 Adults)

the only thing I could think of was that next to the kitchenette there ought to be a trashcan. There was one tiny bin in the bathroom but if you're staying longer using stove and fridge you might need a bigger one closer to where you are standing. Walls were very thin and I could hear neighbors easily.

I stayed here because of a late flight arriving in Hamburg, I was originally supposed to take the train to Lübeck straight away but they didn't go too often in the evening and I decided on sleeping here one night and then going in the morning. I had checked out the maps and it looked easy enough to find from the airport. When I arrived it was pitchblack and rainy so I grabbed a cab, it was quick and easy cost me €8. Check-in had closed but just like someone else has described there was an envelope on the door with my name and key. Very nice room with kitchenette, microwave and fridge. Room had balcony overlooking the garden. Bathroom was nice and clean. I only came in, put breakfast in the fridge and then slept so I didn't really use it much but if you want to stay somewhere close to Hamburg for a reasonable fee and being able to cook a tiny meal this is good! As I was leaving I bumped into the owner or carekeeper as he was walking his dog, so I gave him the key and money for the stay was drawn later that day. I walked back to the airport and it was supereasy to find! Nice walk.

• Reviewed: 2 December 2016

• Apartment

No reception, hard to get support in case, they did not even have city map even if coil get kilos of it free taken in the airport and share with customers by request. Heating is poor, we had to be dressed not to get cold. Wifi not very strong (worked with PCs, but not with smart-phones). We could not leave laguage for half of the day prior departure as reception was closed

Clean room, little kitchen with all you need, not expensive 15mun walk from airport, but good luck to find this way!

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

• Apartment

The kitchen stuff the cooker had a problem it looked different suffered for Internet we also did not see check out time and the owner was so rude rushing us out the next morning staff are supposed to be friendly at all times no matter what

No internet for too days no microwave owner was a little rude in the morning the bed was comfortable though

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

• Studio Apartment (2 Adults)

We asked by email to check-in at 13-30, but the check in was at 15:00, and was impossible before, they didn't answer by email to us, and we came

Location is 5+, 10min by walk to airport terminal, nice house, silent street. Also 10 min by walk to train station - 20min by train to the HBF. Nice staff.

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

• Apartment

I have tried to book a taxi using the number provided by the hotel. The taxi company staff who picked up the phone could barely understand english and was very unpolite. Fortunately, the apartment is walking distance from the airport otherwise i would have missed the flight. It is not easy to check in after 10pm. Nobody contacted about what i would have done if i checked in after 10 and in the website it is not well indicated that check in is before 10pm.

• Reviewed: 22 August 2016

• Apartment

The bathroom ceiling leaked in the night and some of our clothes got wet.

There was some kind of error and this should not have been booked for a family. The owner was helpful in finding us a zed bed to put up.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

• Apartment

stairs were a bit steep, not for people with mobility problems.

nice apartment, everything you need in there and more. Short walk to the airport with good transport links

• Reviewed: 2 July 2016

• Studio Apartment (2 Adults)

The wifi stopped working after a few hours There was a problem with the drainage of water from the shower

Very close to Hamburg airport, 15 min walk but instructions would be nice. Everything needed is in the room, including a coffee machine

• Reviewed: 23 June 2016

• Studio Apartment (2 Adults)

No soap in bathroom sink container (so low that one could not get it out), right side bed lamp nonfunctional, shower with scalding water temp if you accidentally bumped against control, shower curtains did not stick to wall and water soaked bath mat, most outlets too low for recharging electronics comfortably (except in kitchen and bathroom which would be inappropriate for the purpose). All of these could be easily remedied: turn down water temp a bit, provide extension cords that can sit on night tables, have staff attentive and check to make sure everything functions well.

Easy walk to airport (I had a backpack),clean, aesthetically pleasing, quiet, well equipped tiny kitchen, comfortable bed. Neighborhood with easy enough access to supermarket and bakeries - just remember that shops close early (6pm for bakeries in that neighborhood and 7pm for the supermarket ("Penny").

• Studio Apartment (2 Adults)

Had everything we needed, checking very easy

• Apartment

Room too small for 2 Adult and 1 Child! 1 Bed for 3 people...

Easy to collect the keys! Good to check out after 11, closed to the airport

• Apartment

I liked the kitchen , comfortable bed, good internet, close to airport, easy checkin/out.

• Apartment

Building without elevator, and narrow stairs. Not indicated when traveling with luggages.

Room was clean and internet fast

• Apartment

Been coming for years, love this place, like home away from home!

No local facilities

Quiet and clean

Alles war gut.

We was there en route to St. Petersburg and close to Hamburg airport - it was very important for us.

• Studio Apartment (2 Adults)

Clean and comfortable. Located very near the airport.

• Apartment

Top location, almost at the airport, perfect for someone who has flight early in the morning.

• Studio Apartment (2 Adults)

Great location (10-15 minute walk from the airport). Key collection straightforward and room clean and quiet. Would definitely use again.

• Apartment

Basic but clean. God value for money.

• Studio Apartment (2 Adults)

Limited access on the TV through other devices like phones etc.

The cosiness

• Studio Apartment (2 Adults)

maybe a better sound insolation from upstairs

Very clean, comfortable, little kitchen and coffee available

The fridge buzzing on and off all night less than a metre from my face.

Quiet apartments, fairly comfortable

• Studio Apartment (2 Adults)

A perfect place to stay when you have to leave early from the airport.

• Studio Apartment (2 Adults)

Great place, close to the airport. Everything went smooth, and we will definitely stay at Sleeplounge again.

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

Hard to find

Nice clean room

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

• Studio Apartment (2 Adults)

Everything. Balcony was lovely, and quiet room. Perfect!

• Reviewed: 11 January 2017

• Studio Apartment (2 Adults)

Nothing. All was very good!

Comfortable, beautiful and clean apartments - very nicely decorated.

Public transport through metro was a little far form the apartments.

They were really close to the airport and very convenient check-in mode.

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

• Apartment

Room was small but clean and comfortable. near to the airport.

• Reviewed: 25 November 2016

Everthing was fine. No complaints

Great communication from owners. Apartment was spacious. In a great neighbourhood. Shops close.

• Reviewed: 17 September 2016

• Apartment

bed was full of fleas or tics..discusting

close to airport

• Reviewed: 8 July 2016

• Apartment

Wireless not working in the evening.

Very close to the airport.

• Reviewed: 3 July 2016

• Studio Apartment (2 Adults)

Nice relaxing view, homely location, close to airport (walking)

• Reviewed: 2 July 2016

no internet

• Reviewed: 19 May 2016

Pillows, very soft if you can pack your own

Great location 10 minutes walk from airport, 10 minute walk in other direction to local train station. Apartment was super clean, and had supply of cleaning products.

• Reviewed: 15 February 2016

Myself and my wife had two luggage bags and the room alerted was at third floor. It had wooden steps and no lift facility! We asked for help to keep our luggage safely and the answer from management was irresponsible. As their is no Airport shuttle survice, its hard to reach/locate the place.

• Reviewed: 28 January 2016

The room was pretty but a little dirty. Insects everywhere. There was no shampoo/body soap. Only a handsoap. There were so many products to clean the toilet, wash the dishes, clean up something etc.... But no shampoo.

15min walking from the airport. Check-in staff was friendly. Pretty room.

• Reviewed: 10 January 2016

It was dark around the building and the name of the hotel was hardly visible

I arrived after check-in was closed (22:00) but an arrangement was made for me to get my key and check in details.

• Reviewed: 3 January 2016

They left us an envelope with the instructions about how to get to the apartment, what to do before leaving and payment. A bit confusing

Exactly as in the picture, 15 minutes walk to the airport, easy and fast check-in and out.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2016

We love the freedom of an apartment. The ability to cook, make a coffee etc to suit our needs. This apartment was modern, clean and had all the facilities we needed plus it is only 5 minutes from Aldi, which is a bonus. The location was great for the airport and for an easy commute into Hamburg. (We don't mind jumping on an underground to get to the city and prefer this to get what we want at a decent price.) Would book again.

• Reviewed: 16 November 2015

Kitchen space could be organized better. The decoration is not fresh, but good in general.

Comfortable bed, cleanliness, quiet area. Just 10 minutes walk to/from the terminal. All basic apartment facilities are available.

• Reviewed: 19 October 2015

The room was reasonably clean, but everything seemed a bit worn off. I had trouble finding it, not only because you need to find your way out of the airport first, but also because the “reception” is not always open. I found an envelope with keys and a description taped to the front door and had to locate the room myself. This was a bit annoying, as it was dark outside and not very well-lit, and the rooms are in another building.

All in all, it had everything you’d expect from such a room. Quiet area, close to the airport. It was not perfect, but I would basically recommend it to others, and I could also imagine to book again.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2015

The accommodations were very basic but adequate. It would have been nice to have one TV channel in English (or subtitles).

We were enroute to other destinations so having a place so close to the airport was really great. There was plenty of hot water. The neighbourhood was very pleasant making a walk enjoyable.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2015

Apartments and checkin locations are different, hence a bit confusing.

Very neat and clean. Near to the airport. Perfect for the overnight stay to catch early flights. Room well equipped.

• Reviewed: 27 August 2015

There could be more signs outside to spot the right place. And some lights also. I arrived late so it was completely dark.

Easy location near the airport, within walking distance. Though bring a map with you, otherwise might be difficult to find. I arrived after the check-in time, they had left the key and instructions in an envelope. Very simple. The room was nice and wifi okay.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2015

If I have to complain about anything at all, it'd have to be the bed having corgi-sized feet. It was just hard to get out of. Could also be that I was still dead tired at that point.

Location, location, location! I had an early flight out, and the airport hotel was far more expensive. The 12 minute walk from the front door to the check in counter was a nice start of the morning, even for a fat and lazy person like me. Window open all night without any city or airport noice at all.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2015

We found dark hairs (we are both blond) in our bed, so perhaps the sheets weren't washed or not good enough. The light in the bathroom didn't work and it was nice to have the window open because it smelled a bit dodgy. However; for one night, that price and this location it was super okay.

Perfect to stay when you have an early flight to catch, never had such a smooth travel day

• Reviewed: 19 July 2015

The pillow.

The kitchen was well stocked, and it was impressive how they used every square meter of the space in the room for storage, bed and cooking area. Nice staff who welcomed us with a smile. We never once heard a plane fly over us.

• Reviewed: 16 July 2015

Self-catering compressed into a small area, made it challenging to prepare a meal to begin with.

Location was fantastic- I could walk to and from the airport. U-Bahn and supermarket also well in walking distance..

• Reviewed: 14 July 2015

The airport information services were able to give us only vague directions to the place, so we had to take a taxi, even though it would be only a ten minutes' walk. At night, there were sounds of steps, voices and knocks upstairs, which sometimes felt a little scary

Excellent location, very quiet next to the airport, blackbirds singing at every corner outside in the morning

• Reviewed: 17 June 2015

The apartment was in a nice suburb full of tree lined streets. Although small it was clean compact and had all the equipment you would need for a week stay. Plenty hot water for the shower. 10 mins walk to S Bahn. Trains were regular. We bought a weekly ticket €27 from Main station trains buses & some ferries.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2015

Cool little apartment, v close to Hamburg airport. I got in late and left v early - walking with ease at 5am to the airport in less than 15mins. Check in simple - they left keys for me and instructions on how to pay there - PayPal/ credit card/ cash as my preference . Clean and secure and good value. I will use this again

• Reviewed: 12 April 2015

I found it to be quite noisy. According to the description, it's supposed to be a quiet area despite the proximity to the airport. It is true that you can't really hear any aircraft, but that's because it's drowned out by the traffic noises.

It's great for when you have an early flight in the morning as it is just a short walk from the airport (as are plenty of public transport links to the city) It's clean, great shower and free wifi. What more could you want?

• Reviewed: 14 February 2016

No elevator in the building, so had to carry heavy suitcases up two flights of stairs.

Clean and cozy room with a well equipped kitchen.

There are also 30 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse SleepLounge - Appartments am Airport traveller photo gallery