Reviews of Apollo This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services offered. It is based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Münchener Straße 44, Bahnhofsviertel, 60329 Frankfurt/Main, Germany

#176 of 221 hotels in Frankfurt/Main

Nice beautiful room centrally located

Breakfast could have been a little better with more vegetarian options like croissant or something. I could only find bread for vegetarian options.

Liked almost everything abt this hotel..nice location, friendly staff...nice big room..what else we need...had a nice stay..

Very loud

The location was horrible. There were many homeless and drunks in the street. We were afraid to go out at night. They gave us rooms facing the street at it was very loud ALL night. We had to open the windows because was very hot. The train passed by all night. I couldn't sleep. It smell like cigarette inside the hotel. That was the worse hotel choice I made to our wonderful trip to Germany.

The only thing was good was the breakfast.

Great stay!

Germany is going through the second year of drought due to heat and lack of rain. Beyond the control of any person or hotel. Don't like heat, stay home in your AC room. Want to experience Europe and Frankfurt in particular AND save money, this is as good a hotel as any.

It's summer and many small hotels, like this one, as for most homes and other small businesses, there is no AC. That aside -- because it is Europe -- staff was great, location fantastic, good shopping nearby and great transportation within two minutes of the hotel.

Home away from home

The furniture, towels and carpets can benefit some renovations. For first floor noise from people in the terrace can be expected. Bathroom window in first floor needs covering from flies since the terrace garden brought a lot of them or add a suction fan to solve this so no need to open it. In July a fan in the room is a must.

The location is perfect especially for those looking for Helal food. It is a safe place in a rather sketchy neighborhood. Staff were very friendly. The breakfast buffet contains Helal meat cuts and sausages. The room size is perfect for 3 persons although the bathroom was a little tight. We enjoyed our stay thanks to the kind people working there.

Amazing!!!

I had a long flight connection so I decided to book a hotel to relax a bit. I'm used to travel a lot and stay in hotels and I can say that this hotel was the cleanest hotel I've stayed in my life. I didn't sleepover night, I just spend a couple of hours there. They let me in at 10 am without any problems. The staff was priceless.. The gentlemen who received me and the girl at the afternoon... They're great!!!!! I'm planning to go back in holidays to Frankfurt and for sure I'll stay there.

Location to the train station.

Very very Noisy and warm. Had to leave key at front desk when you left and just say you your room number when you came back with no identification.

Location to the train station.

Would never stay there again!

As above. 3 of us hardly slept. All night there was noise!

Location to train station, Clean and good breakfast. All night street noise went all night and very close to red light district. A lot of street begging on the block of entry to hotel. Very expensive in comparison to really what you are getting. Women do not stay there alone if arriving after dark. Nice but kind of rude staff.

Clean room and tidy.

Room is very clean like new and quite. Few meters away from main station.

Staff is very friendly. Room is clean and tidy. Windows are sound proof. Close to main station. A lot of good restaurants. Good value of money.

Disappointed, not recommended!

Very poor room equipment, curtains without light isolation, almost like sleeping in daylight because of street lightning. all in all very old place where time stood still! Price level much to high for what you get!

Good location for Fair Visitors

I didn't received refun money when I not stay all time...

I didn't received refun money when I not stay all time which I have booked. ( I booked 3 night, but I stay 1 night and haft day, but the Hotel not refun to me any money.

Located near the railroad station.

Our room was awful, looks like bunch of teenagers had a party there. The curtain was dirty with snivel on it. The furniture was damaged. Somebody opened a bottle of beer with the furniture and left bid scratches. The area did not look safe, but if you like Near East countries maybe it's for you.

Located near the railroad station. No taxi needed. Staff is very friendly. There was a fridge in the room.

A nice stay! Good location! So easy to find halal food!

Very good location. Near frankfurt train station. Frankfurt main landmark only some minutes distance walk. Surrounded by lot of halal food resto. Hotel provides halal food for breakfast.

Really well located and confortable

The location is perfect for visiting the city centre and is 5 minutes far from the main train station, that connects with the airport and many cities. The bed is very confortable and the room as warm as you choose with the heating. The decoration is simple and a little oldfashioned. The breakfast nice.

Location is next to the main train station, it is not the...

The room is really small and doesn't deserve it's price.

Location is next to the main train station, it is not the best place to stay only if you need to achieve the train station quickly. Breakfast is good. Staff are friendly.

Position of the hotel is quite strategic in Frankfurt, very...

The local area around the hotel looks a bit unsafe, and for sure during friday or saturday night with drunk people on the streets, you may incur in some problem, be careful. The hotel looks hold and a bit unmaintained, room was really small and practically without space to put the clothes. Breakfast could be acceptable but expect a german breakfast, nothing international, no croissant or pies or similar.

Position of the hotel is quite strategic in Frankfurt, very near to the train station, metro and bus. Staff is ok.

Location convenient for station

Room was unpleasantly smelly and opening windows meant it was very noisy and sleeping was difficult. Hotel was shabby and in need of renovating.

Location convenient for station

Great staff, dated decor very clean property

Dated 80's decor, shower is horrible, and I mean horrible. With multiple bars on the street, The street noise is loud constant making it impossible to sleep. Hotel hasn't been updated in 30 years. Remember that brass plant stand at the yard sale 20 years ago. The place is filled with that stuff. Photos online are deceptive. Bathroom photo is of two bedroom, actual bathroom is the size of a small closet. Outlets are worn out and plugs fall out causing phones not to charge overnight. This makes for a hard next day.

Although it's dated the hotel is very clean and the staff is wonderful. All of them including cleaning breakfast, front desk and security are helpful and very friendly. Front desk staff all three I met are incredible. Because of them it's hard to write a negative review but they deserve better.

solid, dated but functional

The whole building is old and a little tired around the edges. That doesnt bother me as I appreciated the no-fuss type of accommodation

The Apollo is a basic hotel which is very close to the main railway station. The staff are very friendly, its clean and its an ok place to stay but its dated. The manager runs a good hotel and my stay was easy.

It was convenient, the area a bit rough, but without the night noise, fine for a short stay.

Very loud noise in the street most of the night - it sounded like a lot of very heavy concrete or metal items were being dragged along the street. Didn't sound like authorized work either. Hopefully a one off but quite a noisy area anyway so maybe not an isolated case.

Close to the train station, friendly helpful staff, lift to my floor, spacious and clean room. Pleasant breakfast room and breakfast. Great restaurants and vibe only a few streets away.

The hotel is just a 3 minute walk from the main train...

The hotel is old and the neighbourhood a little sketchy. At night there was noise from the people partying nearby. The rooms lack air conditioning so it got VERY hot at night, too.

The hotel is just a 3 minute walk from the main train station!

A convenient place near the train station

Nothing wrong with the hotel, but other than one night I would not want to be in this area of the city. Quite dirty and run down... typical around many train stations. The rooms are clean, but very small. No aircon which in this instance was inconvenient since the weather was quite hot.

This hotel is extremely convenient if you are taking the train in or out of Frankfurt.

With ventilation the room is good otherwise the room is hot...

With ventilation the room is good otherwise the room is hot and morning we don't know why is bad smell is come really it's horrible,i see in the window but it's not for garbage truck

Very Bad... dont go by the pictures

the structure was old, no AC, no free toiletries as mentioned except for 1 shampoo packet and small soap, the breakfast was very bad not much veg options except for corn flakes and chocos I will never recommend this facility next time.

just average

We had an overnight in Frankfurt on our way home to...

We had an overnight in Frankfurt on our way home to Australia from Spain and needed somewhere near the train station. This place is only about 200 metres and is easy to find. The young lady at reception was wonderful - very friendly, efficient and helpful. Breakfast was quite good, and the lady serving also super friendly. This is quite basic accommodation but I felt we got value for money and if you just need somewhere near the station this place is ideal.

Hot, Smokey Room in the middle of Hell. Do not book this, save yourself.

I explained to the staff that we needed a non-smoking room and requested it in advance of our reservation. We arrived and brought our bags into the room where it reaked of cigarette smoke. Ridiculous. I went downstairs to ask for another room and they said they could not help us. Additionally the hotel was located in an unfriendly, dangerous neighorhood with homelessness and shady characters all around. Meanwhile whenever you leave the hotel, the desk clerk required you to leave your room key with them. Maybe they thought we would not make it back without getting robbed. I'm not certain. I would never stay here again or wish it on my worst enemy. The room was small and hot, with little ventilation, like a cell. I woke up every few hours hoping it was time to check out. I've stayed in less developed parts of the world with more comfort. &Quot;Breakfast" was meager, after seeing it for ourselves we left immediately after seeing the lack of food quality. This place had to have been built in the 1980s or earlier. These places are cash machines, they want you in and out. No service or focus on product quality. The location was not good either. Save yourself the uncomfort and book a quality hotel. You can easily take a quick train ride to downtown due to efficient transportation in Germany. Don't book here. I would recommend another hotel near the airport called Moxy or in the city called Ibis. Moxy is a marriott brand hotel and was actually 10 euros cheaper than apollo. It's also easy to reach downtown from Moxy with a train ride. Only 3 quick stops. We stayed there as well during our trip to Frankfurt so i thought i'd mention a solution to the very horrible problem that is the Apollo Hotel. They should really call it a hostel.

There was nothing that I liked about this property. Quite literally one of the worst places i've stayed in my life.

Awesome location and staff, but low quality room

Despite request, two beds placed together instead of one large double. Stains on chairs. Little depressing room design.

Good breakfast and cozy breakfast place. Awesome location. Very friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

OK option for 1 night stay if you need to be next to train station.

I had to leave around 7:30 am and needed to iron my shirt prior to leave. I tried to call the reception from my room a few times but it didn't work or the reception didn't pick-up. I'm not sure... Anyway I went down to ask for an Iron and Ironing board (standard type of thing you ask at any hotel...) The person at the reception told me that until the "girls" arrive (at 8 am) he was not able to give it me... Long story short I could not iron my shirt!

Location is literally 2 min away from the main train station

Overpriced

The receptionist couldn't find my reservation and we have to wait for it. The hot water has disappeared for some time. Small and claustrophobic room, very old furniture. Doesn't deserve 3 stars category. Overpriced.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

Don't expect much, and you wont be dissapointed. If you're looking for fun, this area is great

Room smelled a bit stale, and the price is grossly exaggerated - at least for my room. WiFi upload speed is very, very limited. For business use (VPN access and file exchange), it was unusable.

Location is great, very vibrant neighborhood. Of course, with the red district and train station being very close to the hotel, one must be alert and vigilant (as a tourist should always be), but we did not experience any problems. WiFi coverage is good.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

Appropriate for short business trips - Great Location!

Tram noise on the street; not too much of a problem though. The hotel could have a dinner/lunch place as well - currently only serves breakfast.

Very accommodating; allowed for an early check-in with no hassles - keys in hand within 2 minutes of entering the hotel. Very close to the Frankfurt Main station and good places nearby. Was going to check out very early in the morning on the checkout day, so they were flexible enough to adjust the breakfast on the day of arrival.

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

My stay in frankfurt

Pressure on the shower was low but could have been alot of occupants at the time as it did improve as l was on the third floor.lt was run down but had fresh paint in the room.

Close to public transport and resturants.Had a lift and table with a comfortable chair to plan your day on.Great breakfast spread and variety with excellent wifi staff were very helpful.

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

Lousy

Too expensive for the facilities offered. Man of the host on the day of check out rude. Obviously bored. and frustrating because I asked invoice.!

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

Convenient but very tired

Hotel was really tired and desperately needs a re-fit. Everything seems old and worn-out

Really convenient, only took me 10 minutes to walk to the Messe, also very close to Frankfurt hauptbahnhof. Staff were always very friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

We have chosen this place basing on quality/price ratio...

The hotel definitely needs some refurbishment, the light is really scarce. Rooms facing the street are a bit noisy, as there are trams that start running early in the morning. We found breakfast a bit limited.

We have chosen this place basing on quality/price ratio among the hotels close to the main station. Would say that this place is ok for one night stay. They give you a free wifi code for a day. Cleanliness is ok, staff is friendly

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

There was WIFI.

Breakfast was cold and you did not had much options. The personel wass rude and loud and the quality of the rooms was not what you would expect for what they are describing. They work also with signed papers to take with you outside as evidence that you booked a room at the hotel. We needed to show it everytime when we go back to the hotel

There was WIFI.

• Reviewed: 10 December 2016

Best deal in Frankfurt

Maybe a hook on the bathroom door to hang things on. And a place to put the soap and shampoo in when you're in the shower.

I have stayed at the Apollo hotel before and chose it for my most recent visit. You can't beat the value for the money. The staff at the reception desk, especially the gentleman named Alex, are very friendly and helpful about anything you speak of. My room was perfect for my 4 night stay. I love the big ,feather pillows and the wonderful duvet cover on the bed. There is a nice breakfast with assorted cold cuts,cheeses, olives,breads rolls,toast,yogurt fresh fruit, soft cooked eggs and lots of coffee and juice. Best deal in town ! The proximity to the main train station is perfect. The area that the hotel is in, is a bit sketchy ,but no one bothers you. I felt safe at all times and I'm a solo female traveler. In the immediate area of the hotel, there are plenty of places to eat and buy whatever you need. Can't wait to go back again!

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

Old and tired hotel with helpful receptionist

We were in a 5 stars hotel in the same area 1 street down the road for a week, but have to move to Apollo for 1 more night due to wrong fight date. Anyway, both hotels are very close to the Main station, but in completely different neighborhood. The street that Apollo situated in a fairy dodgy street, the hotel is very old, the bedroom door is very wobbly, could easily kick open with no effort.

Easy access to Main Station, Breakfast selections is a bonus, it is very value for money based on what we paid for the room. WIFI instruction is good too. As long as we check-in, the helpful receptionist has already prepared the little note with User name and password, straight away connected in seconds :)

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

very good

Wifi should be improved. there should be a coffee facility in the hotel

Everything was fine. Staff is very polite specially Mr. Alex the manager is a very gentle and nice man.

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

Scruffy but fine, nice staff

Room was very stuffy - opened the window to cool down but the noise outside was too much. The price was very high for what it is, but during the Buchmesse all hotels are overpriced.

The hotel is perfect for the train station and the Messe. Decoration is a bit scruffy but the staff were so friendly so you don't mind too much.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

Nice location, but bad place for non smokers

A cigarette smoke smell all over the hotel, from reception to room to restaurant. As a non smoker I found that very disgusting.

Walking distance to railway station and frankfurter messe.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

good value for money in terms of the location and services,

facilities a bit old but still working :)

good value for money in terms of the location and services, 2-3 min walk from the main station. Helpful and nice staff in particular the guy receptionist knows well about the city, transport and even the exact ticket price from tranin station to the airport, both guy and lady receptionist speak fluent English. it is said the location is close to the red light street, but I think it is still ok.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

Good

The wifi should be better and there should be a coffee facility in hotel.

Location is very convenient as it is just 5 minute walk from HBF. The staff is very cooperative specially the manager Mr. Alex is very good man.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

Good location, decent rooms, yucky towells

This hotel needs new linens and towells, The towells were especially discusting really grey, stiff, thin and didn't smell great.

There is an elevator, which was nice as our room was on the fifth floor. Great view of the street. The bed was comphy.

Recomend

Noise from the road, they were busy fixing the tram line so till 1 o clock at night lorries and bulldozers!

Staff were very friendly, location is good close to central station

• Reviewed: 8 September 2016

Good basic venue, which is central for railway and restaurants and good value for price.

Excessive traffic noise but this was made worse by nearby road works relating to laying of tram tracks. No fan provided and the room was over warm through the night.

It was especially useful being so close to the railway station. Reception was friendly and helpful.The breakfast was good.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2016

Good value stopover, but a bit run-down

Room was hot and noisy, lights weren't very bright, decor was a bit dated.

Good location near the station, polite staff, fridge in the room, decent breakfast (though not much for vegans).

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

good hotel for transit travelers

The day we stayed there, it was so hot in the room. otherwise we could not find anything wrong.

close to the central station (3 min. on foot), supermarket (5 min. on foot). If you have to stay in Frankfurt for transit, I recommend this hotel.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

It is so close to Frankfurt main station

I guess my room was not often used. Maybe the other types of rooms were better. However mine was not so clean. I had a bit of an allergy when I first came in so I guess that it was kinda dusty. I had put my black suitcase on the carpet and later put it up again and indeed the whole cover was full of dust. I had to clean my suitcase because it had become completely grey. Bathroom was meh. Only one soap and one sachet of shampoo were given. Everything was dusty again. Finally breakfast was super basic. Nothing fancy. I think there are hotels in the same price range that give a better service. But if you are not fussy about these criteria and if location is very important then it is good enough. Staff was very friendly.

It is so close to Frankfurt main station

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

the room was not as beautiful as it shown in website!

the room was not as beautiful as it shown in website! the room was the dirthy and bad smell, and the bathroom was dirty. if I knew the hotel is too old I wouldn't book it! even if I could leave I would do that immediately. please show the picture of an old and damaged room as it is, not beautifully photoshopped.

Good place for a short stay.

Smell of cigarette smoke.

Very close to train station and amenities. Wonderful breakfast.

Large, convenient, modern and VERY clean hostel.

It would have been a lot better if they had male and female dorm rooms instead of mixed ones.

The breakfast for the money was primitive

Not a good option

Not comfortable at all. No AC is available. Bed and pillows not good

Staff was very friendly. Breakfast was good

Everything service, friendly staffs and all facilities

Everything service, friendly staffs and all facilities

Bad

Not value for money, small old rooms.

Location very near to frankfurt main rails station

Nice Hotel,Good Location for short trip

Mr.Alex is is always very co-operative n I admire the way he helps his guests.Hotel staff is very good

Old and cheap furniture.

Old and cheap furniture. Linens & towels are from 1980 , i think.

Good location. Value for money

Wifi password had to be reset multiple times.

Very friendly and helpful staff, clean, superb location -...

Very friendly and helpful staff, clean, superb location - will book again!

Good value for money.

Bathroom door needs painting

Room is clean and tidy. Soundproof room. Close to main station.

Best location at affordable price :)

Nearby tram sound

Near HBf & tram..... hotel provide halal option for breakfast... Halal kebab just across the street...

Good sumptuous breakfast

You can hear the rowdy people in the street especially at night

Good sumptuous breakfast Very good location, near the central station

Very poor room cleaning, bedside table with cigarette burns...

Very poor room cleaning, bedside table with cigarette burns and cigarette smoke smell, exposed electrical system with bare wires.

Good quality, good price, good location.

Good quality, good price, good location.

Nothing as i expect

Dont try hotels around bahnhof

Nothing as i expect Even it doesnt have a small lobby!

fair

old furniture

the breakfast cater for muslim travellers.

Good value for money. Excellent Location

Nothing. It was a good stay. No complaints

Loction was good. Staff at the repetion was also very nice and welcoming.

Nice stay

Old building therefore no much space in the reception.

The location was excellent and the bed very comfortable. Room was spacefull.

Friendly frankfurt

Nice And relaxing

Rude staff/ small rooms/ no pillows in the room/ bathroom was quite tiny

very good property found near to the central station.

very good property found near to the central station. value for the money. Spacious good room.

Apollo summary

Noisy, smelly room, blight in the bath.

Near to the centre

Great location, reasonable breakfast

Staff- When I check in, he gave me only key without any explanation. It was weird.

Great location, reasonable breakfast

great value for money near central station

It is a low budget stay, good value for the money ,really old furniture

Stuff was really helpful,clean and location is great

Browse Apollo traveller photo gallery