Reviews of ARCOTEL Rubin Hamburg This is the official star rating given to the property by an independent third party - the Hotelstars Union. The property is compared to the industry standard and scored based on price, facilities and services offered. Use the star rating to help choose your stay!

Steindamm 63, St. Georg, 20099 Hamburg, Germany

#116 of 323 hotels in Hamburg

Spoiled vacation
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Overall impression was a very bad management in the hotel. Our room was not ready in 15:30 (check-in time 15:00). Only after our demand we got another room. On the second day of stay I detected one new bottle in minibar. So you have to check the minibar after check-in according to list of all its stuff to avoid unfair charges. Before leaving the hotel we discovered the missing of 70 euro from the room safe. We informed the hotel staff and police (police station is across the road) and now we are waiting for the results of investigation. The street the hotel is situated is unpleasant and unsafe

The room was a good clean room that was good for a night or...
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Tea and coffee facilities in the room.

The room was a good clean room that was good for a night or 2. The bathroom was very good. Location was interesting in that it was the muslim quarter so many cool restaurants and shops on the pavements. The underground metro is 500 meters down the road and an easy pleasant stroll while looking at the shops. The staff were all friendly and professional.

Great hotel close to railway station
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The surrounding of the hotel and this city district is not the nicest one at night. OK for groups of friend though.

Hotel is located in a walking distance from main railway station. Very modern with big rooms and stylish furnishment. Fast WLAN.

Location in the old fabrics and access to historic points
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Entrance was not clean and clear. Staff were Russian and were not familliar with english. Refrigerator was not working. Our room was dark and without sun light. If just location is important for you, it is a good choice. Otherwise, it was at the level of 3 star hotels.

Location in the old fabrics and access to historic points

Sightseeing in Hamburg, very relaxing.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The location and the room were perfect. Very close to the metro, and really not far from the main train station. The hôtel had a network problem so there was a micmac in our reservation but the managers just did the right things, there was no reason to complain. You really feel the client is very respected and it is nice to see such great hôtellerie happening today.

Horrible staff, bad reception, and an uncaring hotel doesn't know what hospitality means.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

It might boast of a good location and services, but I had a horrible experience where despite having a reservation, they had clearly overbooked and cancelled my reservation without informing me about it. I came into the hotel late night, off a flight, only to find that my room was no longer available. The concierge was incredibly rude, and rolling his eyes and muttering to himself trying to find my reservation. and then he just rudely said that he can no longer help and I have to find other options. When I demanded to speak with his manager, he refused, saying he is not going to disturb the manager for this, because the reservation is cancelled and that is the end of the story. It was near midnight and I had to find another last minute room in the city and all the time he was cold, unapologetic, and unhelpful. I have never had such a horrible experience and lack of service and basic human courtesy in any trips I have ever taken.

Absolutely nothing worth recommending in this property.

Comfortable, convenient and great value
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The location is not so beautiful- very central and easy to the train station but the road is not the nicest to be wandering at night. But for the price you can't have everything!

The friendly check in staff upgraded me to 'The Red Room'- probably not to everyone's taste as it is VERY red, and more aimed at romantic couples than my business trip. But it was very large and comfortable and I appreciated the free upgrade. A large good breakfast that was served in my room at no extra cost, a good gym and spa to use, and 12.00 check out all added up to a very comfortable and convenient stay

Enjoy my stay , feel comfortable like staying at home
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Although it has a good access to metro station but the around place was not safe and clean , I don’t like the atmosphere of the area

I like the facility and cleanses, it was like home for me

Clean and comfortable.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Location is not great, even if it's close to the Central Station. We booked a room for two people but was prepared only for one. In the end, after discussing it two times with the receptionist we got the missing set.

Clean and comfortable.

We had a great break, comfortable and convenient hotel, friendly and helpful staff.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Very good, varied and fresh breakfast buffet. Felt safe walking around the area even late at night. Very convenient location, good for transport connections or (if you like to walk) to walk to main attractions.

the breakfast was good.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

our room was not done during our stay. hairdryer was not working. airco in room niet working, this was sold as a superior room. covers of lamps next to the bed were disappeared. to expensive for what it was. carpet 4th floor corridor dirty.

the breakfast was good. internet good.

will be staying there again
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

what is it about coffee in Germany?

There is something really nice about a hotel staffed with professionals but still capable of being human. The room came equipped with dressing gowns and slippers. The beds were comfortable. There was a kettle and tea/coffee. The bathroom was clean and modern, the toiletries were nice to use. It was quiet too. The "small" breakfast was 7.5 euro and was more than I could manage. Cheese, meats, rolls and a croissant, vegetables to garnish, jam, honey, butter and spread.

A great hotel

Nothing really

The Staff were friendly rooms nice. Although the breakfast was a bit pricey it was fantastic there was a vast variety of food hot and cold. We loved the fresh honeycomb. The Hotel is a short walk to the main central railway station.

very pleasant
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

If you walk the wrong way, you walk into a mini red light district

Location was great and bike hire at hotel was very simple and convenient. Nice food district only a block away

Nice hotel and very good breakfast.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Nice hotel and very good breakfast. Wifi didn't work on our room. Gym means two treadmill and 'lazy- style'- exercise bike + chest press machine. Anyway I would rather run outdoors. Warmly recommend this hotel!

Some a

The bidet was located in a separate room to the toilet this caused some inconvenience and did not make much sense, the sheets on the beds were not changed every night and the hotel staff lost lost one of our parties bags and they struggled to locate this!

The room sizes were very good, the hotel door withs were some of the best i have seen along with exceptionally hard marble which was fantastic!

Unbearable heat and grumpiness at this hotel
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Less old people would have been great. The heat in the room, hallways and other main areas was unbearing, which was problably for all the oldies. During breakfast it smelled like a hospital and we got bumped out of the way by grumpy old people who did not want to wait for their turn at the croissant buffet😱 also the staff was quite rude. We think the overall ambiance - partly due to staff partly due to other guests who seemed to be very unhappy - and the temperature could have been better.

The male receptionist who welcomed us was friendly. The fussball table in the main hall was nice too.

The hotel is actually quite nice and clean.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

They double charged me for one night stay. When I called them they said it’s an authorisation which isn’t the case. They told me they they would get back to me. It has been a week, no one got in touch. They had terrible customer service. Not helpful, very stubborn on what they believe in although I sent them my card statement showing that the extra money they charged me wasn’t a pending expense, I actually went though! So their review is bad due to their terrible customer service and their unwillingness to help. The issue hasn’t been resolved so hope they read this review and get it done!

The hotel is actually quite nice and clean. Really centrally located. But they don’t get a good rating because they double charged me for one night stay. When I called them they said it’s an authorisation which isn’t the case. They told me they they would get back to me. It has been a week, no one got in touch. They had terrible customer service. Not helpful, very stubborn on what they believe in although I sent them my card statement showing that the extra money they charged me wasn’t a pending expense, I actually went though! So their review is bad due to their terrible customer service and their unwillingness to help. The issue hasn’t been resolved so hope they read this review and get it done!

Very pleasant hotel, slightly off the beaten track but close to multiple Restaurants and Pubs.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Had to walk through a Turkish market area when going direct into town. Lively but slightly uncertain.

Close to a huge choice of restaurants and pubs in the parallel road to the north.

Modern hotel with a convenient location
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

One of the front office staffs was not very attentive, we arrived one hour earlier than the 3 PM check-in time with our pet cat, she said we had to wait till check-in time, after she saw we had a cat with us, she just expressed "Oh, you have a cat", without offering any alternative. So we ended up spent an hour in our car in the garage with our cat. I'd expect more from a "Pet Friendly" hotel.

The hotel is quite centrally located with a walking distance to the lake and central station. It's with nice modern design and spacious room. On site parking is a plus, and it's also pet friendly with a moderate charge.

great place with high quality
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The location of the hotel was close to a very populated area and as always with location like that, you may think is not too safe. However, it is really safe.

The hotel and facilities were amazing. The hotel has its own restaurant with great and friendly staff. The room was big and comfortable, many options in the minibar and available and I had 2 different bathrooms in the room which makes the organization really simple. On the reception, all staff were really friendly and provided me with any info I needed. The internet was immediately available without the need for passwords and keys. The sauna and gym were really clean and nice.

The important thing is, I would visit and stay again
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

It would of been nice to be able to control the room heating and air conditioning, I had a cold and not been able to control the heating meant I felt uncomfortable.

Very clean, very helpful polite staff and the breakfast is fantastic.

Location somehow ok. Staff not professional
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Although I had paid the full amount by my credit card, the reception told me it's not paid. and I had booked with breakfast included and she told me it's not included but after I showed them my booking confirmation they accepted it's fully paid and breakfast was included. I didn't have good feeling during this conversation as it was humiliating, the staff had to check everything before bringing it to me and she was wrong in both cases.

Bed was comfortable. Room was clean

The hotel is clean and friendly.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

In general, it was a positive experience

The hotel is clean and friendly. The gym equipment is limited. The SPA seems very nice but I was not able to try it. Friendly staff

In general, a hotel as it should be with a reasonable price.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

I still don't like showering in a bath tub which is dangerous. Asking 4,50 for a bottle of water is a bit ridiculous. Especially that small thing spoils some of the excellency.

This is a hotel as it should be - spacious rooms, good size reception area, good bathroom. especially the airco is good and silent - excellent climate control. Quiet room. Great wireless upload speed.

Great stay, but avoid the Cod menu in the restaurant.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The Cod menu in the restaurant tasted bland, sauce was without any taste and the Cod was overcooked and thus dry. My GF had a nice beef filet though.

comfortable rooms, good cleaning service

Extremely comfortable bed.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

There could be a few more international TV channels - apart from CNN. Breakfast's a bit pricey.

Extremely comfortable bed. Very helpful staff. Convenient location. Good wifi. We're very pleased with everything.

Clean.

A bit expensive for the area. It would be nice to have some double beds. The room was not the same as the one in the picture.

Clean. Very helpful staff.

Not good located hotel!
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The location wasnt good, the hotel was next to a muslin quarter...didnt feel safe at all, even if the police station was opposite the hotel.

The hotel was okay, but the room was a bit boring, too simple for a four star hotel.

Definitely a hotel to return to!
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

No tea/coffee making facilities in room. Bottled water was chargeable whereas complementary in all other German hotels I've stayed in.

Location. Facilities. Breakfast.

Beside the check in, the hotel was perfect.

We had bad experience during the check in: I booked our room more than one month in advance via Booking.com. All confirmed. When we arrived, they had no information in their system. It took more than 30 min to hear from them, they will accommodate us and they just started to prepare our room. It can happen, but I would expect at least to hear SORRY for the inconvenience. But nothing!!

Beside the check in, the hotel was perfect. Great location - walking distance to all places we wanted to visit and also very good connection via public transport. Very nice wellness and really excellent breakfast - highly recommended! Parking is available at the rate of €18 per 24 hours.

Overall, a safe bet, no disappointments but sure not for traveler on a tight budget.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Minibar could focus a bit more on sugar free snacks and beverages. 1 single coke light is not enough, here is space for improvement. But no big issue a well known supermarket is across the street and thousands of convenience stores are around in the neighborhood. The mattresses are for my opinion a bit too soft.

Splendid breakfast buffet, though salmon was missing. For a decent upgrade/extra pay late checkout possible.

Very comfortable beds, nice breakfast
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Check in was not til 3:00; and even then, our room wasn't ready. One of our towels vanished, and in spite of telling reception, we didn't receive a replacement.

Breakfast was good, with a very wide selection. Our beds were very comfortable, and the duvets were light and warm. The bath filled up very quickly

Perfect location and amazing breakfast buffet
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The mattress and the pillow were very soft for my taste

Incredible breakfast buffet! Lobby, Bar and Restaurant are very beautiful we enjoyed the stay a lot. The location next to a metro station and the central station is just perfect.

Pleasant bar.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Pleasant bar. Nice open restaurant with great buffet breakfast. Location near central station for bus tour and close to some museums. Friendly service

great value and service in Hamburg
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

the street to walk from Hbf seems a little bit messy the bed is for me unfortunately not perfectly comfortable

had a double room and it was really big, quite enough for two not far from Hbf, can easily walk to there is a Lidl supermarket just across the street

Spotless rooms with everything.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Charged my credit card on check in and attempted to charge again on checkout. This is the second time they have done this to me. Took over a month to get my money back! Beware...you may be charged twice!

Spotless rooms with everything. Nice little gym sauna and steam room.

Good place, good ambience.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The location though is good but neighborhood is quite bad. Loads of menacing looking people around so have to be careful with your belonging.

Good value for money. Near to most of the attractions, train station. Breakfast had a good deal which totally worth it. Bar was also good. Friendly staff.

Quiet hotel with lots of privacy
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

No coffee making machine and not enough towels, although Im sure I could have asked for more towels.

NIce comfortable, quiet room, lots of privacy, clean and good beds, centrally located.

It is very close to what you need.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

It is very close to what you need. "long road" is just 2 minutes away. Train station is just 5 minutes. Supermarket is opposite to the hotel.

Lovely room, spacious bathroom, extraordinary breakfast,...

No kettle

Lovely room, spacious bathroom, extraordinary breakfast, heavenly steam-room in the wellness area. Close to underground with frequent trains even on the weekend, good bus connections during the week, helpful staff.

Good but moody staff
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The staff have no idea what it means to SMILE. When i checked out i felt like the receptionist was doing me a favour... not good.

Great location and range of services.

Would return
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Instructions needed on operating the lift with room card! No kettle in room. Pillows not firm, bit 'lumpy'.

Location and cleanliness Apples in room Fluffy towels Comfy, low lit bar. Window can open for fresh air

Pleasant and comfortable business stay
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The section of Steindamn between hotel and Hauptbahnhof feels slightly dodgy. Bottled water provided in room was too overpriced.

Nice comfortable room, breakfast was really good. Sauna facilities available. Location was central and convenient - close to Hauptbahnhof and also a nice street with nice restaurants/bars (Lange Reihe) within walking distance. WiFi was fast and stable.

Highly recommend this hotel
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. By chance there were other guests who weren't able to use some tickets they had purchased, and the staff thought to offer us the unused tickets! The hotel has a nice spa area with 3 different saunas and a variety of shower features. Beds were comfortable, rooms were well-insulated against hotel noise (we had a room next to the elevators and it didn't bother us at all). Location is good, a 10 minute walk to the Hauptbahnhof.

Not the cheapest hotel, but worth the price!
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Some shortcomings in cleaning such as: not making up the room when we were outside not refilling papertowels not removing dishes left from room service

We much appreciated the high class Newyears dinner. The rooms were quiet, quite large and the beds very comfortable.

Very satisfied with hotel.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Pillows a bit strange.... no real shape to them and very very soft. Minor niggle! Hotel location is on a street that at one end is fine, but the other is rather dingy and dirty. Not a problem really!

Very friendly and nice staff.

Very good hotel
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The location is convenient but the Hauptbahnof surroundings are not very welcoming. However that is not really hotel related.

Convenient location. All amenities are available. Reactive staff. We are globally very satisfied.

Great staff. Clean rooms. Great breakfast. 10mins walk from city centure
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

I just loved the hotel there was nothing I did not like

I had a problem with my adapter for my sleeping mask and the hotel staff got a new one for me to use on my stay. The breakfast was one of the best I have had.

Spoilt bar the drink issue
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

No coffee making facilities in the room. Very bad experience in the bar with an oil light fluid being mixed into the gin on 3 of our glasses and no offer of a reduced bar price or free drink for this poor error on night one meant we never used the bar again. The price of a G&T is not acceptable for the type of hotel bar we sat in.

Value for money and location

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

Comfortable
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Having to wait until 3pm before we could get into our room after arriving early. Not enough choice on hot breakfast buffet.

The room was very comfortable and the underground station was very near along with the main central station.

the hotel is good, the location is not nice at all
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

the location is horrible. although not very far from central station and the center, i did not feel safe there, particularly in the evening. a lot of very dodgy people and the street is a mess. very dirty. a lot of homeless people outside

Nice clean hotel. The breakfast was really nice and the staff members are very lovely

Nice hotel, comfy room, good location and helpful staff.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Great tea making facility in room, but if you opt to not to have your room serviced, they don't stock up again - so you can't have a nice cup of tea/coffee the following morning.

Nice hotel, comfy room, good location and helpful staff. However decor in room a little dated and faded.

Very good location and value for money.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Very good location and value for money. Great deal for a few days business trip. Breakfast is very good as well. Parking is available for 18 euros a day.

Highly recommend this hotel
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Hotel is immaculate, staff are very friendly & helpful. They have a small fitness area on site, the hotel bar is nice. Room was a great size, great shower. From reading other comments on this hotel, the location did not get a positive review. As a lone traveller I did not have any trouble walking into the centre during the day. At night I got the U-Bahn which stops right outside the hotel, so for me the location was ideal.

Confortable and functional hotel, well located.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Steindamm is still a slightly dodgy area, whereas Lange Reihe has much more to offer. Some of the furniture in the room was rather worn.

Proximity to underground and mainline stations

Good location from the station, just around the corner from...
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Could have done with 2 chairs for 2 guests!

Good location from the station, just around the corner from a great street full of restaurants, cafes, bakery’s and bars. The Steindamm wasn’t a very nice street, especially at night but the hotel was lovely and rooms were quite. The hotel staff were very nice and helpful, rooms were spotlessly clean and the location was great for exploring Hamburg. We highly recommend the Russian U boat and Prototype museum

Comfortable room and great breakfast
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The coffee that was served with the breakfast was terrible. On the breakfast buffet the same fork used for uncooked ham, pasteurized and unpasteurized cheeses.

The hotel was really nice, the room big and comfortable. The breakfast was really good and had lots of great options.

A Good Hotel
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

I felt it looked a bit aged. The room (Comfort Double) had a strange bathroom configuration: The shower was in a compartment, mostly shielded from the room but still partially exposed, with no door. This allowed a bit of water to spray into the main room. There is a sheen curtain to add an extra hair of privacy, but still--it was rather exposed. Perfectly fine with my wife, but for those sharing a room with others, it might be a bit awkward. The toilet is completely separate from this vanity/shower, in its own room. We didn't partake in the up-charged breakfast and found a cute cafe near the Hbf.

The hotel is conveniently accessed from the Hbf central train station, just 9 minutes walking away. The main stretch of the Steindamm road leading to the hotel is lined with middle eastern restaurants, markets, and community. This meant that we found some super good döner just 4 minutes away and a fantastic Persian restaurant about 7 minutes away. It's also just a short 2-4 minute walk to district with gay bars, shops, and restaurants and just beyond, an 8 minute walk to the Außenalster. All in all, a great "base camp" location, not necessarily near the port or Reeperbahn, though accessible via transport. The room (Comfort Double) was sizable and comfy. The staff were fine. We skipped housekeeping in cooperation with their voluntary "save the bees" movement. The front desk staff securely stored our bags when we arrived early and then mailed our post cards for us after selling us postage. For the price, we're satisfied with our stay.

I will stay again if i visit Hamburg.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

parking rate is expansive, car parking are small hard to park your car.

amazing hotel, location near to a lot option of restaurants, active street, beds are comfort, enjoyed the stay.

Short distance from airport on average 26 euro in taxi. Good location , very clean hotel
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Could have done with more coffee and milk in room had to keep asking each day. Just provided two coffee sachets and two milk and two tea bags, Staff delivered more when requested.

Very good choice at breakfast , large room very comfortable and quiet, nice bar to sit and relax .

surprising city with lots more to see than expected.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

billing process showed Booking.com full cancellation rate for first night then non-cancellable rate for second night. averaged out ok but was confusing process on bill.

professional staff. well designed hotel with attention to detail. apples decor was great. excellent breakfast.central location.not overpriced. easy travel links.

very comfortable beds, about a 15 min walk to the...
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

the room smelled like smoke when we arrived and they didn't have another room to give us, it didn't feel like the best neighborhood at night

very comfortable beds, about a 15 min walk to the Außenalster, they immediately brought a complimentary blanket and some treats for our dog to the room without our asking

Great option in Hamburg
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

I did not cared for the layout of the lobby, but overall this is a great choice when staying in Hamburg. It ous close to the train station. We were ankle to walk everywhere yup see all the main sights.

Close distance to the main train station in Hamburg. The staff were friendly and the hotel was clean and well maintained.

Great hotel that fits business and leisure travel requirements. Was my 2nd time, and not my last one
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

I arrived 20 minutes before the official check-in time and the room was not done then either. The good in the bad: They offered me another room with more convenience, which was nice.

They offer in their "crystal bar" a semi-blond/reddish beer from Hasseröder, which tastes excellent. Also good: Eating everything from the restaurant also in the bar. Big screen for watching football (or TV Duels of chancelors' candidates) is also available. Anticipating and awake personnel, very friendly and relaxed.

Despite the train station area being undesirable, the hotel itself was clean and lovely
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Unfortunately the surrounding area is dodgy. There are hoards of itinerants and some beggars on the street. The environment is dirty.

Quite close to train station. Nice clean, basic but practical room

Very clean room
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Parking was okay and safe, but we had to pay extra (54 euro's for three days). Would have been nice to know about that in advance. Hotel is walking distance from the city center, however we would not recommend a woman traveling alone to walk in this neighborhood at night.

Very clean room

Business hotel feel
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

No tea or coffee in the room. Room service menu is limited and finishes at midnight. Fire alarm went off at 3am and we had to evacuate the building. It was annoying because the staff ignored everyone, and didn't tell us what was going on or if we could reenter our rooms or not. The road the hotel is on leads into a bit of a dodgy area, so you need to be aware of what roads to go down at night.

Close to lots of cafes and restaurants. Easy walking distance to the main part of the city. Clean and comfortable.

Who cares of the clients? poor service unfortunately!
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The furniture in the room was not totally fixed (the door of a wardrobe was unstable). The hairdryer was always overheating itself when turned on. The hotel car parking is too expensive, much cheaper ones can be found in the surroundings at -30% less. One night the electricity of the whole hotel (all the rooms and the reception) was turned off suddenly without prior notice and for some hours: we were told it was a planned power cut of about 4 hours due to maintenance intervention which happens sometimes (they said for example it happened few days before too). We were also told at the reception that we should have been informed about it at the check-in and by relevant signage applied in the hotel, but this never happened and neither us nor other guests could see any signage. Internal phones were off due to the power cut and no emergency phone number (e.g. cellphone number of the hotel manager) was set by the hotel for the occasion. Due to the electricity cut off, emergency system got activated with automatic doors closure in the corridors and forced air circulation which made big noise. We had to claim strongly with the reception to have the hotel management understanding this was unsafe and uncomfortable to us (we travel a lot for business and leisure all around the world, it never happened to us to face such a situation and such a lack of care of the clients), we couldn’t sleep that night unfortunately. We must acknowledge the hotel finally accepted not charging us for one night in our staying.

The hotel is not centrally located but it’s close to U-bahn and at walking distance from S-bahn (both of them are very useful to get around in different areas of the city). A big supermarket is available just in front of the hotel and revealed being very convenient for lunch snacks, breakfast-to-go and to buy bottles of water for the day. Free apples are available at the reception and in the room (we took them from the room but sadly the day after they were not replaced). Restaurants and cafes - mainly from the Middle East - are available in the area. A nice Catholic church is located nearby in case you want to go to the mess.

Good check-in, location is a bit iffy...
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Staff could have responded to initial requests made through Booking.com not to be left not knowing... Two single beds do not replace an actual double bed.

Staff were pleasant.

Was ok but wouldn't book again
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

No tea tray in room. Not even a free bottle of water. Offered money for sex outside is a good indication of the location. Dodgy light tripped the electrics twice. No conditioner and shampoo was shower gel mix. The pictures of this hotel are very very very misleading!!! Looks luxurious and really isn't. Like an old travel lodge exept with no tea tray!

The bed was quite comfy and the room was clean. Quiet room

Very convenient for short visit of Hamburg.Good quality for acceptable price.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Parking under the hotel is public for 18 euro a day, very narrow (I damaged my car there).

Very convenient room and soft bed, good and rich breakfast, close to main train station and metro, Turkish quarter, but looked safe.

We liked basically everything, it's a nice hotel with...
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

We noticed prostitution going on in the same block as the hotel. It really disturbes us.

We liked basically everything, it's a nice hotel with clean rooms and the breakfast was good. We were happy to be able to choose organic tea and that the hotel had an environmental friendly approach.

MR Horner
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The soap dispenser in the bathroom, (difficult to extract,) Getting in and out of the shower, the bath is very dangerous when getting in and out, with no "grab handles" to assist when doing the task. No foot mat inside of the bath to stop slipping

The location, close to the u bahn. The efficient lift (elevator) system. The pleasant staff.

Luxurious one-night near the main train station
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The gym, didn't have many equipment (just 2 treadmills and a chest press).

The staff were very nice and even upgraded our room to a suite! There's a wide range of selection at the breakfast buffet. There's a nice spa too, with relaxing area, saunas and Turkish steam room and different types of showers (hot/cold). The main train station is just a 10-minute walk from the hotel.

Browse ARCOTEL Rubin Hamburg traveller photo gallery