Reviews of Hotel Arde Köln Zentrum This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services offered. It is based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Auf der Ruhr 5, Altstadt-Nord, 50667 Cologne, Germany

#195 of 231 hotels in Cologne

5.9

5.9

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

Great location for seeing the sights

The room was very small for a double .. could only just get around the beds to the use the bathroom

The staff were really friendly and the hotel was in a good location

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Awful would not recommend at all actually a rip off even though the location was good.

The room and the hotel.

The room was very dirty and the dust still on the chair, The walls had some blood stains or something a like. The headboard was stained also along with the lamp shade. This room needed a really good clean actually needs renovating from top to bottom. Very disappointed for the money is an under statement.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Buffet breakfast and location

Totally non-existent soundproofing. Middle-aged guests incredibly noisy and inconsiderate at dawn and during breakfast. No elevator in that area of ​​3 floors. Uncomfortable and very thin feather pillow.

Buffet breakfast and location

6.0
    Tiny room and bathroom but excellent staff.

Tiny, poky room. Even more tiny bathroom. Those were the main negatives. Apart from that, centrally located and excellent staff.

The staff is extremely helpful, friendly and courteous, including the breakfast staff. The room size though was a shoebox, there was literally no extra space apart from the bed and a side table which was broken. Same for the bathroom, there was no place to move. The toilet seat needs replacement but the room and bathroom were very clean. Breakfast was more than plenty, even though the coffee was pretty bad. Overall the value was fair at best - if it was a bigger room, it would be a good value because it’s centrally located and the staff were very professional and pleasant

Was pleasant experience of Cologne. The central location of the Hotel makes for convenient exploring

The hotel CAN do with a bit of attention. Fresh coat of paint, clean carpets and small details like shower doors that work properly etc will make for a much better stay. The feel from outside is not welcoming. Dirty entrance and poor signage. Fix these and people will be more impressed with what they get for what they pay.

The location is ideal for seeing Cologne. Budget hotel, couldn't ask more of them. Breakfast was good, bedding was clean and overall stay was pleasant.

It's not worth what it costs

The rooms are quite small. The bathroom was completely dirty. There was hair (not mine) in the shower. No one removed them during the three days I was there. There was no soap in the dispenser at my arrival. The toilet lid was full of spots. The type of them it is not possible to remove because the material is porous. The bed was quite uncomfortable (too soft) and the pillow smelled bad. To be honest, ubication is the only good feature of this hotel.

Excellent location in centre of Cologne

Rooms and decor a little dated. WiFi poor outside of reception area.

Comfy beds. Staff were friendly and helpful. Towels were changed daily and you could request a more thorough clean of room. Excellent location. Decent breakfast buffet.

Great location, sufficient lodging

Because of the work I do while traveling I need a reliable internet connection. This one was sketchy and when available only in the lobby. If you don’t have a great need for that I would highly recommend it.

Location was prime - close to train station but far enough away to be out of high touristy area. Room was small but clean and comfortable.

The breakfast were outstanding and the had fresh fruit...

Our room didn't have air conditioning and we were there with a very hot weather, so our night sleeping were a little uncomfortable.

The breakfast were outstanding and the had fresh fruit (pineapple and melon). The staff also provide us very useful information.

Central but cramped

Dated interiors and old furniture. Rooms were small (we had one for 2 people and one for 3). No fans or air conditioning, although that is not unusual for a small hotel. Noise from other rooms.

Location is close to shopping streets and a short walk to the Cathedral and restaurants. Breakfast was included in the room price and we had a reasonable choice of cold meats, fruits and cheese.

Location yes, comfort NO

I am never one to put a bad review anywhere, however, I asked for a room with a double bed as I was staying with my partner... we received two singles (again, I am not one to complain so I wasn’t going to bother reception), the room was sooo tiny, the photos on booking.com didn’t show how tiny it was. The room had no fans, we stayed in the beginning of August in 34 degree celcuius heat and the room was an actual hot box. There was a window that couldn’t be opened hardly at all, it was just so hot at night, neither of us got any sleep. Even outside in the corridors were just constantly hot. I’m guessing in the winter this hotel would be much better as they had heaters everywhere, just no fans to cater for the warmer times of the year?

Location and staff were great. However, it is almost in the ‘slum’ if you may call it

I did not get any answer on my request for a late check inn. I was through booking.com. Wiifii not working with Samsung telephone.

Very central close to station. Good breakfast.

Good location, good staff, good breakfast, but wifi not working

Wifi is important for my work, which was not working -- a big disappointment.

Good location and the staff allowing me to leave my bags after the check-out time.

Would stay again but only because of breakfast :)

- dirty carpets - tiny room - clogged shower - no fan or A/C - old and worn pillows - no coffee/tea maker in our room

- awesome buffet breakfast!!! it was a true highlight of our stay - good location

A budget hotel, good for one-night stay
    • Economy Single Room

Shower curtains in the bath were untidy and shower taps were broken, but I stayed in an economy single room so you get what you payed for.

This hotel is situated in an excellent location, only 5-10 mins walk to Cologne Cathedral and main train station. Decent breakfast in the morning. Helpful staff

Regrettable

Only the location was good, and the breakfast ok... the rest was just appalling...no airco, very small room, TV not working, smelling of smoke, very noisy, defensive staff, just such an awful experience all over....

Location good Breakfast ok

Not good

The bed, room was in third floor and very hot during night. The floor was old carpet and very dirty. The shower didn't have a curtain so the floor was wet when you want to use toilet. The WiFi also didn't work at all neither in room nor in breakfast room.

The location and breakfast.

Not recommended

It was a double room where they put 3 single beds. No place to walk at all in the room. In facilities section they mention Elevator but there was none. We had to climb to the 2nd floor with our luggage. No wifi. When I inquired receptionist replied with smile that on 2nd floor you wont get, did I chose my floor? It was very hot in the room with no AC or fan. At last they put switch cable lead on the top of the bed so that we can charge our phones...It was not safe at all. Imagine next to your pillow there is a socket cable lead.

Location Breakfast

Great hotel as long as you check in before 10pm!

When we came back in the evening, two different guests were stuck outside the hotel and told us they had planned for late check in, but the check in area was completely locked off and no one was around. We tried to help them by calling (at which point the front desk rang) and emailing as well as trying to figure out if they had been given a code for the key lock boxes and they hadn’t. One guest left with their significant other, the other was a younger guy who was stuck. I gave him my duvet and I’m assuming he slept on the floor in the main area of the hotel since there were no benches or chairs... while our stay was great this could have just as easily been us as we usually check in late, but got in around 20:30 this time. We felt really bad for them!

Our room was great and everything was as expected.

Book another hotel
    • Economy Single Room

The Hotel is old and has very poor staying conditions. Even if the price is low, that does not justifies this hotel being one of the worst hotels I had been. You can see the stains on the carpets already on main hotel stairs. Now imagine the rooms... The breakfast could be ok but when you have bad cooked eggs and coffee being served from old (bad looking) broken pots, it says very much about how much the hotel cares about the guests. I left to take breakfast somewhere else. Do yourself a favor and book another hotel, don't fall on the photographs decision because the smell of old hotel is also there...

Only the location.

Nice B&B Hotel with good breakfast and location

It was little bit hot in room -- there wasn't any air conditions or fans. Small sized TV (we didn't watch it though).

Pretty good breakfast with wide choice of products. Room has its own bathroom with toilet, shower, 5 towels (2 pp + 1 for foot). Nice location - just 5 minutes walk from Cologne Church, river, bridge and all breweries and bars. There was free water - it was cool feature.

The location and breakfast were both decent

The room was tired looking and dirty. I had to wear my sandals at all times as the carpet was sticky. I was only staying one night but couldn’t wait to get out of there. Couldn’t recommend this hotel.

The location and breakfast were both decent

Nothing GOOD

Very bad and old hotel even the sign broken(I was not sure if this hotel in Germany!I felt like one of 3rd world country) Small bed even hostel bed more better.small room like a prison.shower water while I did shower changed alone one time so hot burn my body one time very cold.even no elevator I need to take my bag on the 3rd floor via small stairs. Staff not helpful at all

Nothing GOOD

- there was no internet or wifi at the room, only at the reception and even there the internet connection was so bad it's basically unusable - room was really small - first morning went to have breakfast later and they had already run out of most of the stuff, so selection was really minimal - we were unable to lock the room door properly as the sides of the locking mechanism didn't match and you had to push the door up to be able to lock it - had rule that you were not allowed to eat or drink your own food and beverage in the room, but the hotel didn't provide their own food and beverage either - no air conditioning - bathroom water tap had signs of hot and cold water mixed

- breakfast was ok, nothing amazing, there wasn't anything sweet offered on the breakfast - good location, just couple of minutes walk from central railway station and grocery store

A nice no-frills hotel in a perfect location

Nothing, really. However, the reception desk is not working past 10.00pm—but you get a key from the entrance door. The breakfast was good and filling but I hated their Filterkaffee. However, there is an espresso place just nearby.

I stayed in a single room. I was pleasantly surprised by how large and comfortable the bed was (the pillow could have been harder). The bathroom felt a bit cramped but the hotel's location was perfect—it is a stone's throw from the major shopping district(s), an U-Bahn station, cafes, and restaurants. There are some construction activities going on in a building in the vicinity on Tunisstrasse, so for the time being, when coming from the Dom and the Hauptbahnhof, the hotel is best accessible via Minoritenstrasse/Breite Strasse.

Nice place to stay - but you need to get on time

I told the hotel I was coming late, didn't get any answer to my calls nor to my email, and when I got there it was closed - Me, my wife and my one-year-old kid had to look for another hotel at 1 a. m. We couldn't find the place using Google Maps, because the GPS made us turn in circle for half an hour, so it's better to look carefully beforhand - it's easy to get there, once you know where it is. The room was not very big, the bed occupies almost all the room, and you've got to be careful with your fingers when you open the closet, because it's quite close to the bathroom door. They don't have air conditioning, and the night we stayed it was really hot.

The staff does the best to give you a good stay at the hotel and they were specially kind and cute with our little kid. It is located near to the historical center, so you can just walk from the central station, but it not so easy to get there if you're not familiar with the city. The breakfast was very good too.

The hotel is very well placed, just few minutes away from...

I booked triple room with 1 double and 1 single bed, but I was given 3 single beds in the room which was a double one according to their room's plan. The reception closes at 10pm. I had some problems with noisy neighbors (5 persons in a one double room) and I was unable to address this problem to the staff (count on yourself or the police in worst case scenario).

The hotel is very well placed, just few minutes away from the center and the Dom and with the plenty of shops, supermarkets and cafes nearby. The neighboring streets are quiet at nights. The bed was comfortable and the linen was clean. Also breakfast was good, but you should be fast enough to have the omelet as it's limited to first several guests))

acceptable for just one night with my teenage son

Furniture and bathroom from the 60s-70s, room small, bathroom very small - rooms need substantial renovation.

location very central and quiet, friendly staff, breakfast good average, comfortable mattress - value for money OK!

Nice sourroundings, but a really bad experience!!!

The bed made a lot of noise, but they changed the room. I forgot something very important for me insde the room on 4th June and I received it at home on 23 june because they send it on 15 june, but they told me that it was already sent on 6th june. The old women from the morning reception was very impolite by phone and she did not want to send me the receipt of the post office, although she charged my credit card without authorization,. So I should talk to Booking that help me a lot. Thanks Booking.

Very nice situation.

Very uncomfortable

The room was very hot. It was like sleeping in an oven. It was on the ground floor so I was unable to open the window and feel safe. There was no fan. The carpet in the room was filthy. The bottle of water that was supplied had already been opened. The breakfast was supposed to be available until 1000am but when arrived at 0930 there was basically nothing left and they couldn’t even give me a boiled egg.

Very nice place to stay

I do not like that the lift is not working after 10pm. It is not convinient. Our room was extremly small

Very nice and helpful staff, lovely breakfasts, The hotel is very close to Doom, public transport and city centrter yet it is quiet place.

do not get attracted with the price level. If you look a bit of comfort, stay away from this hotel

The worst thing about the room was the absence of the the air conditioning. For a city like Cologne you may question the necessity of the air conditioning obviously you are mistaken. Because of the humidity, especially the nights are worse than the daytime.

A friend who recommended this hotel told that they had great breakfast. I would not choose the word great but they provide good breakfast and that is the only positive aspect about this hotel

Excellent location, breakfast and rate.

Just the single room my son stayed in. Unfortunately the double was given to him and once he saw the big difference he was disappointed. They were in the same rate just one was a single and one a double, but they appeared to be very different.

Our double bedroom was wonderful. However the single was so so. The single was very small, good for sleeping only.

Not worthy of price paid.

I was pre charged for the room based on information provided on the booking.com web site. When we arrived, we were advisedthe WIFI was not working, and only available for staff. There was no hot water; repair was taking place. I pre paid based on information provided; there was no indication wifi was not working, and there was no hot water. Once booked and paid for, as a customer; I was out of luck. I would suggest this is a violation of the, Consumer Protection Act, and or a Breach of Contract.

Pay an Extra $10-15/night and Find a Much Better Place

Ugh, where to start. Although inexpensive, the value for the money is not there. Basically I had to cut my stay short because I could not sleep in the room (see below). For an extra $10 - 15 a night much better places can be had. The noise from the street was unbearable except for the hours of ~1 - 4 when it is still noisy but bearable (note: I am used to sleeping in big cities). For example, there was a loud large truck idling under my window from 5 – 7:30 one morning. In two nights I MAY have gotten 5 hours of sleep. The general cleanliness could have been much better. The shower head was completely broken. When I informed the hotel staff I was told "Yes, we know." No outside food or drinks allowed in the rooms. And I mean none. Food I can understand, but I was stopped and not allowed to bring a bottle of water up. Because of the medicine I take I need to stay well hydrated or I can have a seizure; when I explained this I was still not allowed to bring up the water bottle. The wifi is free, but very slow and completely unreliable to the point of unusable. The windows do not open far, and therefore the room gets very hot and stuffy (it got up to . No outlet in bathroom to use electric shaver etc. The whole hotel needs an interior make over. Not because of the fact that the fixtures and furnishings are dated, which I would not have had a problem with, but because they are worn out/dirty. The blue carpet in my room was more brown from the stains than blue and there were cigarette burns all over the carpet. This was the first time that I have been to a place where the dirty towels from the bathroom floor were simply hung back up. If you watch TV (I don't so this was not a problem for me) the TV is the same size as my 12" laptop display. Not only is the TV small, but the rooms are tiny. Mine fit a double bed, with enough room to put in a wardrobe and a chair squeezed in so tight that it was touching the bed!

About a 10 min walk to/from the central train station.

Very poor WiFi connection! No elevator acsess to most of the rooms on the upper floors

Good location Clean room Soft bed Breakfast (incl. fresh fruits/fruit salad)

The room was nice for one person.

You need too much time for the check-in, everyone was there because you have to do exactly at 15:00 the check in, but is a waste of time because the staff was really slow and not in a good mood for work.

The room was nice for one person.

DO NOT STAY HERE unless you are okay with a 1 star experience

The bed was extremely uncomfortable, the mattress seemed to be about 50+ years old and I had to change hotels after 1 night as it was too uncomfortable. I described my room as a jail cell - it was very cramped, smelt musty, there were cracks on the walls, and strange stains on the carpet. Honestly, there are much better places - and this place shouldn't really be called a Hotel. It's more like a 1 star motel. Also, I booked partly because I saw some reviews raving about the breakfast and free fruit at reception (2 of my favourite things) but the breakfast was really mediocre and there was no fruit for the day, not even any fruit at all at breakfast on the Friday morning. The man who appeared to be the owner or general manager was disinterested and unfriendly, and he forgot my request for an extra towel altogether even tho I asked him to his face. The girl at reception who checked me in also quite unfriendly and I just didn't feel very welcome there. English was also poor for both of them which in the tourism/hotel industry, you'd think they'd have picked up a bit more of, including my questions about room cleaning. My requests online prior to the stay (asking if I could leave luggage for the day after check out) were also completely ignored even tho I asked weeks in advance.

Location is good. Quiet but within 10min walk of the main train station and all attractions and the river.

Great value for money

No elevator

Very clean hotel with super nice staff. Good selection at breakfast- it was tasty :) Do not expect 5star facilities though -it is a great hotel for its price

Nice room met our needs and a great price and breakfast.

Confusion about the price and extra room tax charges caused a curt response from the clerk. I could not verify the charge so I just paid it but my booking.com confirmation also said that it was included. Turns out it was not charged originally so all is good but it was very unclear.

Nice efficient room clean and a nice breakfast with friendly work staff.

Location is great. Breakfast was good.

Reception staff. Pillows are awful. Very small, limited accommodations. Old.

Location is great. Nice breakfast. Don’t expect much else. Basically clean. Very outdated. Worn. Old. Breakfast staff was great. Reception staff was slow, seemed confused, overwhelmed.

It was nice to stay at hotel.
    • Superior Single Room

I had assumed that the hotel has WiFi, but on reaching the hotel, the management informed that the hotel does not have WiFi, this was great disappointment, as being a business travel, needed WiFi for correspondence.

the hotel seemed okay and was comfortable. From the main Train station it is a pleasant walk to the hotel through through the historical sites and also cafes, shopping places and so on. The hotel is also located at a very convenient and lively place.

Location is excellent.

Furniture can be not expensive in such a hotel but it is time to renovate them

Location is excellent. Good breakfast. Pleasant personal. Clean new towels and bed linen.

The main objective to stay at a place with efficient transport to TH Koln was adequately achieved.

The room was rather too small.

I was visiting Cologne for the opening weekend session of a blended learning program at Technical University Koln. Location of the hotel provided an excellent public transport connection with TH Koln.

I live in this hotel in Sunday evening so the price is...

One thing is not good is no elevator in this hotel, so the guest with big luggage should think about it.

I live in this hotel in Sunday evening so the price is really low, and even included the breakfast, the bed are very big for single person and the decoration of hotel are very nice, it is located in the central of business street, and it is very quiet at night.

The location is perfect, right near the shopping street, 5...

Wifi didn’t work even near reception. When I booked the room I was charged at the moment and next day the message came, that my card isn’t valid and I must to enter a valid card to avoid of annulation of my booking, so I entered the card again and was charged again, so I had been charged twice, the hotel didn’t answer to any messages I’d been sending through booking.com. I had to call to Booking.com customer service. The money was returned, but I still hadn’t got any message.

The location is perfect, right near the shopping street, 5 min to the cathedral and train station. Breakfast is good, place is quiet.

Odd but cheap!
    • Economy Single Room

As other reviews say, the hotel decor is very outdated and/or shabby. Also, there are other quirks, such as my shower being directly in my room rather than in the bathroom next to it. Definitely not luxury, but nothing majorly wrong.

The location is great and, despite the large number of quirks, I felt safe and comfortable here. The staff are friendly and speak English, even if they aren't particularly efficient. Also, the wifi worked in my bedroom despite the staff telling me it wouldn't. Given the price and location, this feels like decent value.

Not value for money
    • Economy Single Room

First of all the bathroom was too small. Moreover the building is too old - you understand it easily in the rooms. Bad wify connection. Last but not least I was asked to pay about 12 euros during the check out for city taxes. It is not a money matter but they should have informed me earlier.

The only thing I liked about the peoperty was the location. In the city centre - 5 minutes footwalk from central train station.

with regard to the location, the maximum price per night would be equivalent to 40 EUR

problems with checkin, very uncultivated, neglected equipment of common areas - reception, lobby, entrances. the advertised offer of equipment did not coincide with the reality

location, no more no less.

Great location, friendly staff and essentials covered - but it's not luxury!

When I checked in I got told I had to pay €5 in tax to the city of Cologne. This wasn't mentioned when I booked. The room had no kettle and there was a white sheet covering the window so I couldn't let much natural light in.

The staff were helpful and pleasant.

Great place for a sleep.

Only problem I would say I had would be that there wasn't a 24 hour reception, but it's open til 8 which is handy enough.

Location mostly. Great place if you simply want somewhere to sleep.

Ok

a little pricy, probably due to the karnival. the room and the bathroom were super small, definitely not appropriate for 3 people.

Nice small hotel in city center, perfect location. Ok if you plan a short stay.

Hotel is cosy, clean and extremely well situated

my room was very small and breakfast was served with delay. But coffee was good! no staff at the reception in morning, kitchen lady tried to help with very limited language skills.

Hotel is cosy, clean and extremely well situated

They lie about the description

I booked a family room they don't have and end up with 2 single rooms fitted with 4 beds All inside very old and ripped. The beds had much smaller duvets as in the picture

Recommend for the location, but it is small

The bedroom is REALLY small, as well as the bathroom. The building is also a bit old, as well as the courtains in the rooms. This kinda makes the staff efforts to clean a bit lost, as you feel the dusty atmosphere. (they do clean the room properly though!) It was an ok hotel, but I felt it was a bit overpriced for what is offered.

The hotel as an outstanding location for tourism and the beds were very confortable. The breakfast was also ok and the staff is really nice and helpful!

A great location for a short stay.

The hotel does not look very impressve from the outside however we were pleasantly surprised once inside.

A great location and friendly staff. A nice selection of foods for breakfast. The room was perfectly satisfactory for a short stay trip.

A comfortable stay in the center of Cologne.

The WiFi didn't really work though it showed that it was connected. I guess the signal was too weak.

The bed was comfortable, the breakfast was good, the position was excellent. I really appreciate the combination of being so central and having breakfast included, all for a reasonable price. Many better hotels are either too far, too expensive, or available but without breakfast.

Very good value hotel for a city break

The towels were a bit small

Location was excellent . Room was very quiet despite being in the centre of Cologne. Breakfast was ample and plenty of hot coffee.

Clean, good location but desperately needs new towels and refurbish the 80s room decore.

We booked a double room however our room was a twin when I questioned this at reception they had no other rooms available and said we could put the beds together. The map on the back of the door for fire evacuation clearly shows that it is Ment to be a single room. Hotel very dated with head boards and other furnishings in the room from the 80s. There was a hole in the sink so could not fill up. The towel were not matching and thread bare. The pillow were very thin and mattress to soft.

Clean hotel in a good location close to the cathedral and 5-10 min walk to central train station. Breakfast was typical continental ( coffee, orange juice, roll, ham, cheese and selection of yoghurts. There was hard boiled eggs and scrabbled egg/ omelette. Basic and practical, no frills hotel.

Very enjoyable, lots of shopping and Christmas markets close to hand.

Gentleman on duty in the evening quite brusque; bar closed at 8.45pm and you are ushered out so he can lock up.

From photo's thought Hotel looked more like a Youth Hostel but I was wrong. It was very clean, beds exceptionally comfy & continental breakfast was more than adequate.

Room is small with no tea making facility, no hair dresser.

Room is small with no tea making facility, no hair dresser. Towels are very old. Bed too soft and most all our room curtains only cover the half windows.

Nice small hotel

Wifi available only at lobby. Very nice receptionist, but the lady serving breakfast was not really too friendly.

Nice small hotel close to the main train station.

It's a beautiful & quaint hotel just steps away from the Dom, you can't go wrong!

I really have nothing bad to say about this hotel, the stay was perfect!

The hotel was no more than 5 or 6 minutes away (walking) from the Kölner Dom and the Bahn Station but it was located on a quiet street making it perfect to relax at night. The room could be considered small by some but for us as a couple it was perfect. The decoration in the hotel was tasteful, old european style. Breakfast was included in the price which was really great considering most places charge extra for that and the breakfast was a varied buffet with eggs, sausage, cold cuts, different types of cheese and bread, cereal, milk, fruit juices, etc. I'll definitely go back in a heartbeat when I visit Köln again!

Clean, very well located, met expectations.

nothing.

The location was excellent, the rooms were very clean, the breakfast room was bright, sunlite and colourful, the quality and variety of the breakfast was good. Photo's were clear and accurate. A bit like the old days, but never asked for the credit card 'till checking out. Trust.

Convenience of central location and great breakfasts outweighed the small room size for a short stay

The room was extremely small. We could barely pass each other between the beds. There was no space for furniture like bedside tables. Room was a little beat up, although still clean. We would have liked to have wireless in our room. Admittedly the description said it was not available in all rooms, but it sure would help international travelers to have it.

The breakfasts were great and in a pleasant dining room. The location was very good--near lots of shops and restaurants and convenient to the city sights. The beds were good and bathroom very clean.

The position is perfect!

The position is perfect! I would not ask more. The man at the reception was really nice and helped me with the travel connections. I certainly recomment this place.

Price-quality is excellent.

The personnel at the breakfast. The waitress really didn't like her job i guess. Breakfast itself is basic, but ok.

Price-quality is excellent. Its cheap, near the center. Don't expect much luxury, but very suitable for a night.

Comfortable and reliable but rather dated hotel just fine for an overnight stay

Cooked breakfast is a bit limited and not best quality

Convenient 2* level hotel for central Köln with perfectly adequate and comfortable accommodation but now a bit dated in outfitting. Rooms at front can be a bit noisy.

Not a good experience, no hot water, but location was great

The rooms are small, even for European standards, cleanliness is ok-ish, no amenities, no iron, no hair dryer, and the hot water was out for 3 days.

If you only wish to sleep (in a so-so bed) this Hotel is okay

Well the fact that the beds were pre-WWII and the pillow was yet another piece of cloth stuffed into a sack. Next to that there was no warm water on day 1. They fixed it. No warm water on day 2.... Some reviewers say the breakfast was good... The scrambled egg was actually either not an egg or not one that I recognize. The rest was to sweet on sugar, not a lot of choice in bread. The Kaiser bread was nice though...

Not that much

Fab little find!

The rooms are basic, probably need updating soon but overall suitable for purpose.

very accommodating staff, prime location, extremely reasonable. The hotel was ideal for a quick stop over, breakfast was lovely and the bar area was very inviting

- close to the main train station, old town, supermarket;

- bathroom door is very close to the bed; - pillows might have more stuffing in them.

- close to the main train station, old town, supermarket; - sufficient and tasty breakfast; - professional staff; - nice early check-in option.

I don't recommend it

Very old hotel, looks quite dirty. Poor lighting. No elevator. No 24h reception

Good location and one of the cheapest options I could find in the city center without having to share the bedromm and/or toilet

Lovely hotel in a great location.

They ask that guests don't eat or drink anything in the room that isn't purchased at the hotel ... as the bar area closes at 8pm with no staff about to serve you if you're arriving back after this time can make this request problematic. I'm a diabetic so need fluids with me, especially as my trip included a concert at the arena and I needed drinks with me afterwards. With the heat it wasn't feasible not to have a drink with me in the room.

The room was perfect for a solo traveller, the shower room was great and breakfast was well laid out. I had to leave early on the day of departure, before reception opened, so they gave me instructions on where to leave my key. Everything else was also well explained to me. There's a metro station within walking distance and isn't too far from the main train station either (a 5-10 minute walk).

Location was good for me, 10 min walk from the train station...

WiFi was weak

Location was good for me, 10 min walk from the train station and the Dome. I was happy with the price and breakfast was good. Door was not soundproofed, but there was no noise during the night.

Browse Hotel Arde Köln Zentrum traveller photo gallery