Reviews of ArtHotel Connection 3 stars

Fuggerstr. 33, Tempelhof-Schöneberg, 10777 Berlin, Germany

#33 of 579 hotels in Berlin

I didn’t like the bed. I thought I was getting a double bed but it was 2 uncomfortable mattresses pushed together. The building is very old with a small old elevator. I guess this is why the beds are the way they are. Building didn’t have aircon, but windows were able to be opened. Staff were lovely. It was nice over all but I’m more accustomed to hotels that are a little bit more inline with international standards. This was more like a home stay. Accessibility requires multipolar keys as the building has residences aswell. So initially I was a little confused on how to get in and where to find the lobby.

Location was great because it was very close to transport and shops

The hotel is in a beautiful historic building in an excellent location in Schöneberg. It is only a few blocks away from the Wittenberg U bahn station. It is also a great location to walk to local bars and restaurants. The staff were awesome and very helpful and like most places in Berlin spoke excellent english.

Staff is always accommodable to one's needs. Location is perfect with public transit only 2 blocks away. ArtHotelConnection will actually prepare fresh hot cooked eggs to your preference when U dine for breakfast, and one can eat as much as they need. No other places I've stayed has ever scrambled me an egg! Kudos..

Really great place, very friendly personnel, you feel you are in good place and very safe , it was one of the best hotel for me, good location good service and nice room, very clean, the housekeeping is amazing so sweet and friendly, sure next time back for this hotel...

Everything was fantastic.

We had been recommended this hotel by a friend and it did not dissapoint. The moment we arrived we were wow'd by the beautiful building, the old fashioned lift (that terrified us at first but was fun to use) the spectacular decor and of course the art in the halls. We were given a very warm welcome on arrival by reception and shown to our room and how to use the keys. We walked into our room with a gasp of excitement of how wonderful it was. We upgraded to the 'superior double' and it was a very big room with many unique features that gave it character and unlike other hotels we had stayed at. The room itself was very clean and light, with all the facilities we could have needed for our weekend break. We stayed there as it was our anniversary and one day we decided to try the buffet breakfast and later that day we returned to our room to a delightful letter stating that the breakfast wasn't going to be charged as a 'late wedding gift', which was a very kind and special touch. On that note, the breakfast was delicious, with a very good selection of breads, cheeses, meats and cereal and our host cooked us scrambled eggs, which were perfect. It was central to Schonenberg for anyone wanting to explore the wonderful bars around there and all in all it made our short break very special and we would recommend ArtHotel to everyone. Show less

I should have tried the late breakfast....🙄

I liked everything about this full of character hetero and dog friendly Boutique Hotel with beautifully furnished rooms, friendly and helpful staff in a super location, close to Ku’damm.

even if it is not smoking hotel I felt smoke in the room, you can hear shower from the other room, parking is not at the same building

small room, but very clean, enough space for my cloths, breakfast was ok, you get eggs the way you like but no fruit

Some more draws to put things.

Location very good, near to restaurangs, KaDeWe, gay bars. Staff very friendy, like staying at friends. Big and clean room. Quiet. Breakfast until afternoon. Looked good, but I am not a breakfast person and did not have any.

A recommendation in room of nearby places within walking distances to eat and type of food. Though this can be found by just walking the surrounding area - but had to study menus first not just walk in know get what you need

Staff were friendly, very clean. Good location. Rooms decent size. Could control heating. Great place actually.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

Great little B and B situated in the heart of Berlins gay district on 3rd floor of an old apartment block with amazing old fashioned elevator. Great friendly staff checked me in and showed me around the layout of the place and to my room. Small but very comfortable room with ensuite shower room. Would def book this hotel again when visiting Berlin!!!!! Thanks again

Sound insulation of the room was far from ideal - on Sunday morning the voices in the kitchen were enough to wake me up several times.

Great location, super cozy atmosphere and a great value for the price. Very close to the subway and to the gay neighborhood in Berlin.

The breakfast was of excellent quality from the lovely green tea to the egg however I wanted it prepared. Everyone was helpful and smiling!!! which is so nice in the morning. They even came in early on Saturday and Sunday as I had a conference to attend. The hotel is stylish and our room was on a courtyard and was quiet.

It is a pity that the elevator did not always work. But this is mostly the fault of the guests, who did not always tightly close the elevator door.

This is a nice, small (3rd floor of the house), clean, quiet hotel in a great location in Berlin. A staff is very nice and responsive to any request.

The place is nice and cosy and Jens has been so nice, welcoming and helpful! It's 5 minutes walking from the underground and all around you find restaurants, bars and whatever you need. Great Choice!

All good! We would stay here again.

Berlin is my favourite city, and ArtHotel Connection was the perfect place to explore it from. It was conveniently located near the Tiergarten and only a few minutes walk from the U-bahn (metro) station. There are many restaurants and bars within walking distance, so even though it is not a party district it is very lively (but won't affect your sleep!) The double room we had was beautifully furnished, and had a tiny European style balcony which I appreciated. The bed was so big and comfortable as well. The staff were kind and friendly and made us feel very welcome. Nice touch to have DVDs that guests can borrow. Thank you!

The chair in my room wasn't great for sitting down to work, but then I hadn't told them that this was the reason for my visit.

Elegant, comfortable and friendly hotel in a buzzy location. I loved the decor and the view from the breakfast room over leafy back gardens. It may be a gay hotel but it's 'great for straights' too.

the internet connection went on and off a few times; if you come here for work it could be annoying we stayed in a superior room just opposite the reception so we could hear every noise; it wasn't the most convenient

Extremely kind, professional and helpful staff, very good location, quiet and friendly neighbourhood with a few resturants and bars, not far from the city centre

Some areas of the room could be cleaned better.

Great position, very close to the historical part of Berlin (you can get it, using public transport, in 25'; by taxi 10'). At the third floor of a refined building, in a beautiful and quiet road. It's a gay hotel, but they accept without any problem also heterosexual people (as in my case). The hotel is located in gay area of Berlin, so if you don't like this coloured world it's better to choose another district. Large size of the room.

1. The hotel is based on the third floor in some sort of renovated 100 year old building with old fashioned elevator. 2. NO AC, NO fridge. 3. NOT easy access

Comfort beds and perfectly snow white sheets.

• Suite

- For the price per night, we thought it would be reasonable to provide tea/coffee facilities in the room and maybe a bar fridge. (Tea/coffee could be delivered to the room for 5€, but is not worth the hassle). - The seal on the shower doors is warped and does not seal, so the floor and bathmat were soaked through after every shower. - The room was quite dusty. Not dirty, just dusty!

- Friendly staff - Fantastic location - Nice big room with a large bed and a sofa with chez lounge. - Reasonably good breakfast for the price.

Would've loved the opportunity to make a cup of tea.

The scrambled eggs were really tasty (though came in a massive portion). Staff were always very friendly and helpful. Decor is very fun. Room was massive. Would stay again.

Maybe to have some French croissants at the breakfast 😉

As always, the team is just perfect, always available to answer your question, smiling everytime. I love this hotel and for sure, when I'll come back there, I'll booked again !

I'm a large eater in the morning. The food for breakfasts was layed out nicely but there wasn't a lot of each thing. For evample there might be three slices of one type of cheese. I felt akward that I would take all three slices of cheese and leave nothing for anyone else. I hoped they refreshed the food betrween guests but I wasn't sure. I didn't eat as much as I might usually since I wanted to leave food for other guests.

I booked the property last minute because the apartment I expected to stay fell through. I didn't have high expectations, but the hotel was better than I thought. I liked old fashioned lift (elevator) with a metal gated door which takes you to the floor the hotel is in. There is a busy (friendly) bar below the hotel but the hotel is high enough up you don't hear much. The staff were nice and knowledgable about the area. I had a great stay

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

It was a lovely stay, mainly thanks to the beautiful and clean rooms, the rather big, tasty and healthy breakfast and (mostly) very friendly and helpful staff. Great with an "iphone-speaker" and DVD in the room, with films to borrow in the hotel.

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

if you smoke you have to go downstairs, but its OK begining smoking rarely ))

Its very cosy place, during all day you situated like alone at own flat , I like it

the wooden floor OMG it has THE disturbing sound you can imagine but well it will be nice for some, you can hear the sound of the wooden floor of the neighbors from sealings too, the bed was not so comfortable don't even want to start on pillows they were clean tho, the internet also disconnected every 5min you can imagine when you have data and see the Wifi is gone for minutes and you watch youtube on your data plan, Like trump would say: BAD!

We like the staff they were really nice and helpful. Our room was near the entrance but there were not so many guests so it was calm. the room was clean not so much but acceptable clean(as Monica from friends sitcom says " it was health department clean not Monica clean"

• Reviewed: 18 February 2017

Small bathroom and a tiny shower. No cosmetics (e.g., body lotion) -- must bring your own. The building itself shabby.

Very large and comfortable room. Tasteful decor. Excellent location.

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

• Single Room with Shared Toilet

I missed a desk/table I could easily work at, but I saw that the larger rooms do have that.

This hotel manages to make you experience a sense of luxury (even when you booked a simple room at a very reasonable rate ...)

• Reviewed: 27 January 2017

The shower cubicle in room 13 is too small for an adult. It was IMPOSSIBLE to shower without catching the tap and either changing the temperature, or turning it off altogether. Bare floorboards, whilst very attractive, can be noisy at times and I was disturbed both nights when someone occupied room 12.

The hotel was SUPER CLEAN. The cleaning staff were a delight. The room was cosy warm and the shower IMMEDIATELY piping hot. The wifi is excellent. And the location wonderful. The sheets and towels were changed daily. Nice big, high bed for a single room. I could not be more happy.

• Reviewed: 14 January 2017

I think they have it just right actually!! Great location, appropriately priced, beautiful setting!

The rooms are decorated so beautifully! The beds are comfortable and the staff are ultra helpful! The Arthouse is situated right in the heart of the gay district, so everywhere is accessible. I loved it there!

• Reviewed: 13 January 2017

• Single Room with Shared Toilet

Very little: perhaps the shower cubicle was a bit small but this is a great value character hotel just a minute's walk away from Centre West of the capital of Germany!

Location is perfect: quiet (a bit of nearby club noise on Saturday night but truly that would only disturb the lightest of sleepers). It's clean and cosy with a family feel. The lovely people that look after you are consistent, helpful and discrete. Breakfast is fresh and homely in the 'continental style'. I'm certainly coming back.

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

On Friday and Saturday, there is a little bit of noise from the clubs, although that's really unavoidable in this neighbourhood.

The staff were incredibly knowledgeable and friendly. They even folded the clothes we had left out in our room when they came to clean!

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

• Suite

Rickety and squeaky floor that could benefit from sanding and polyurethaning. Mattress somewhat thin and firm but sleep quality okay.

Top location close to many bars and restaurants. Approachable and helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2016

Very friendly staff. They allowed me to check-in early and after the first night, I've been offered a free upgrade to a bigger single room (in my opinion this was rather a double room). Once again - I didn't ask for it, they pro-actively offered me this extra. The rooms were very clean and warm, which is important, given the fact that I was there in December. Another extra is the free entrance to Connection club, located on the ground floor of the same building. The breakfast was simple, but of a great quality. I was asked daily by the waiter if I would like something else in addition to what's in the buffet. The guys at the reception gave me very valuable advises about the neighborhood, and about the places I was particularly interested to see in Berlin. If I need to go back in Berlin, I already know where I'll be staying.

• Reviewed: 14 December 2016

• Single Room with Shared Toilet

Loud music on Friday and Saturday nights, through the night, from a club on a lower floor. Staff kindly relocated me on the Saturday, so that the noise was no longer obtrusive.

Warm welcoming hotel in a pleasant area of Berlin - with easy access to nice restaurants, transport etc. Free wifi, which worked well.

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

• Single Room with Shared Toilet

Single room with use of toilet in the hallway, together with one other room, is not ideal to me but reflected in the price of the room.

Good balance between privacy and helpfulness from the staff, quiet room and hotel right in the middle of the gay/kinky area of Berlin, fabulous!

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

• Single Room with Shared Toilet

I didn't have a safe in my bedroom

The staff are really friendly and helpful and the location is perfect for me in the heart of Schoenberg in a fairly quiet tree lined street. It's a nice building too and the hotel is quite small but comfortable. Good, firm bed and very clean.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

• Suite

Regarding the Berlin Marathon on the day we left, we found staff vague. They accused us of being told about the route and how to get out of the area to catch our 'plane, when we had not. Even when we told them we had not been told they insisted we had! Also, for the price, it was expensive.

Staff generally helpful and friendly. Stylish decor.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

The sink in the room and not in the bathroom. Could do with a kettle for tee The wooden floors a bit noisy especially as the hotel is more like a big apartment on the third floor of a building.

Very nice building The design of the rooms is original

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

• Single Room with Shared Toilet

The floor is made of wood and it is a little bit noisy.when we walk into the room.

The Hotel is superb, well located and close to a famous subway in Berlin...

• Reviewed: 3 September 2016

Hallways are pitch-dark but has sensor lighting but I don't think this is enough. Some small pilot lighting will need to be installed.

Staff are very friendly and attentive. Rooms are lovely and breakfast nice.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

Nothing that I didn't like. It was all very nice.

This hotel is so nice. It's in a beautiful old building with great design. They have a very nice breakfast that I didn't have time to eat. Its very close to all of my favorite bar Prinzknetch.staff was so helpful and kind. I would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to stay in the Schoneberg area of Berlin.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

It would be nice if roomhad a fridge or tea/coffee making facility

Very helpful and kind staff. Unique room. View of trees from balcony. Green conscious establishment

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

• Suite

only issue which was not even major the sink plug did not hold the water but that is not even a moan and well done for such a lovely stay

I liked the character of the Hotel the Room 6 was one of the biggest Hotel Rooms I have ever stayed and the bed could have slept 4 people it was so big . The staff impeccable welcoming and nothing was to much trouble .Overall a Fabulous Hotel in the Centre of the Gay area of Berlin.

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

My only criticism is that lack of coffee/tea making facilities in the room - we are big coffee-in-bed drinkers in the morning and need at least 2 large cups of coffee before we dare go outside and face the world... ;-D

The room was very nice, and having a small outdoor balcony was especially kind so that my husband could smoke.

Street noise from bars.

Gorgeous hotel!

• Single Room with Shared Toilet

Own toilet would have been nice.

Location was perfect. Beautyful old building and intresting area.

• Single Room with Shared Toilet

Needs better wifi. Great hotel and staff but not more so than you would expect for the price

Amazing hotel - amazing service! Sensational

A little bit noisy in the morning time when Hotel was being cleaned but it is an old building so understandable.

• Single Room with Shared Toilet

The staff were very friendly and the breakfast was beautifully presented.

• Single Room with Shared Toilet

Great location, lovely staff and nice rooms at a reasonable price.

• Single Room with Shared Toilet

Great value for money! Nico is the best receptionist Ever!

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

• Suite

An extra shelve inside the wardrobe would be handy, but this is only a detail

Spacious room, very good shower, good location, heartly helpful staff

Great stay again!

The stuff is very friendly, helpful and professional

Very friendly staff

Great hotel full of character with spacious rooms, excellent breakfasts and friendly, helpful staff. I will certainly be returning!

• Single Room with Shared Toilet

Very friendly and helpful staff

• Single Room with Shared Toilet

Location, comfort, home from home.

very clean, very friendly

Very friendly and accommodating staff. Quiet, comfortable and clean rooms. Wonderful and convenient breakfast. I will return.

How much they care about their guests.

Wonderful, comfortable little hotel at a perfect Berlin location.

Great localization and standard.

No tea/coffee in room

Great location right amongst the bars. Lovely old building friendly helpful staff

Sasha' omelette is delicious. Great selection of cold meats, cheese, fresh fruit and bread

• Single Room with Shared Toilet

5min to line U3, walking distance to the zoo and brandenburger gate; Very nice and friendly staff

Close to everything. Great breakfast. Nice hosts.

The staff where really accommodating and helpful!

If you suffer any back issues I would not stay, the "mattress" is not horribly comfortable.

Convenient and clean. Helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

• Single Room with Shared Toilet

Breakfast should be offered for free

Very quiet location, super comfortable beds

• Single Room with Shared Toilet

Very nice service and perfect location.

Comfortable and big rooms, spotlessly clean, great location and nice breakfast. A perfect place to stay in Berlin.

Location, friendliness of staff.

Browse ArtHotel Connection traveller photo gallery