Reviews of Park Hotel Köln

Höhenberger Str. / Ecke Frankfurter Str. 402 - 404, Höhenberg, 51103 Cologne, Germany

#222 of 223 hotels in Cologne

4.1

5.6

• Quadruple Room

There was no specific parking lot for the hotel and the staff refused to even tell us where we could fine a free parking lot until we paid.

The room was clean and cozy. You get what you pay for.

cleanliness, attitude of lady at reception, payment issue We pay the 90% penalty as we did not want to stay and leave and look for another place

This hotel is extremely disappointing, booking must check these type of hotel and classify them as such

One the staff could not provide hot water to be able to warm my sons milk up, Bed was very uncomfortable could feel the springs in the bed, Bathroom had a nasty smell coming from it Cushions were next to none, very uncomfortable ending up sleeping on my own coat to make myself comfortable Our room was up two flights of stairs and they were very steep not safe for anyone!

The hotel room was clean

THE RECEPTION WAS TERRIBLE THE BATHROOM COULD USE A SERIOUR UPGRADE THE OVERALL ATTITUDE OF THE STAFF WAS NOT COMFORTING AND LACKED THE PANACHE OF A HOTELIER

The room had obviously been broken in to at some point so the window facing the street did not close properly so constant traffic noise was difficult. The beds were really uncomfortable and the shower was way beyond it's best before date!

Easy to get in to town centre.

The staff were cold and unfriendly, and there was a group of men waiting near the entrance of the hotel which made it appear like a brothel. Also, the heating in my room was not working and when I got offered a different room, it smelt musty.

The stairs

The location was excellent just across the road from the tram stop the only problem I had was the stairs but I was helped by the lady of the house

The floor, the walls, the Curtin and the bathroom are so dirty that my wife and daughter refused to have a shouwer in the room.

Nothing!!! Thus place is dirty and very poorly managed.

The room REALLY needs some refreshing - door frames are destroyed and paint pilled off. There was a big dark stain on a mattress. Only 4 clothe's hangers in the wardrobe. No cattle to make something warm to drink. No utensils left in the room - only one plate and two glasses for two people.

The location is nice - gas station with food around the corner, some other shops a short walk down the street and u-bahn station next to the property with a good link to the city centre.

It's not that clean. One socket in the wall came off. Quite dangerous. Another one just did not work. The shower head was missing. Stuff could not do anything about it

It exists

The worst experience I ever had in a Hotel! Very old room haven't been renovated for years! They charge silly money per night, over 200€ without breakfast and wifi because that week is in Colognethe Interzum exhibition, and I made the reservation 2 months before. The closet was broken, had a hole and they put stickers to cover it inside out!, a new small closet will cost them 150-200€! One night at 0500am I was feeling water on my face! The sealing had 2 holes and water was falling in both beds, see my pictures and you will see it! I went into the reception and the receptionist who wasn't speaking English tried to tell me that after 0700 o'clock someone will come? No one came in my room until 0900am I went to the reception, I told them about the situation and I demand another room. I think booking must check in away every hotel offer and also the price.....

The guy at the reception tried to trick us to pay again the rooms that we already paid. Very unfriendly staff and rooms were old and not worth a 3 star hotel. Better avoid these hotel when you stay in Cologne.

Not really positive things to say about these hotel.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

The woman was VERY unpolite. I'm really happy to see her never again. SHe was eager to take cash money but she did not gave any dokument of that!!!

Brekfast was okei. The man was vero polte and took care of clients.

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

Everything; no elevators; rude owner / recipient I asked: hiw far is Cologne Cathedral and he answered: Pay first before I answer question We want a refund because we did not stay in the hotel

Everything, it was horrible. The staff were very in friendly, it was very expensive, we paid £240 per night

It was the worst hotel I have ever seen. Nothing to be liked

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

Where do I start? This hotel has no redeeming features at all, I am absolutely amazed that this is endorsed by booking.com. Firstly the price of €300 for one night for three people was absolute daylight robbery. The facilities were of a poor standard hostel. The price was ten times too much, as at €30 (€10 each just to clarify) I would have probably found it acceptable. The location was dreadful, a long way out of Cologne. The staff were the rudest people I have ever had experience dealing with at a hotel. The woman was very rude on all occasions we spoke to her and needs to be trained on customer service. The room was absolutely vile, it was filthy looked like something from the 1970's with pink curtains and orange walls.

Absolutely nothing

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

• Quadruple Room

This hotel was horrible. The room wasn't that clean and was very depressing. We also all woke up coughing and with itchy eyes because of the dust in the room. None of us slept because there was a party of young men happening across from our room and above us. When we told the manager about how that was unacceptable he responded with "You should have told them to be quiet"- we don't feel we should have to get up at 2am and interact with strangers/tell them off. We don't know these people and it could potentially lead to heated a argument/dangerous situation. When we complained to the manager a staff member beside him just laughed the whole time and the manager refused to apologise or compensate in any form. This room cost us 80 Euro, I would've accepted all of this for a cheap 25 euro room.

Not much, except they reluctantly let us park our van in a space outside the hotel at least.

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

The room was very dirty, there is no Elevator the stairs are so scary.there is no Hotel quality in it. I don't even know how German authority gave them licences to open that disgusting hotel. Very disappointing

It was horrible, I recommend everyone to avoid visiting that Hotel. It is not a Hotel it is a cave with bed.

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

Could have been cleaner. I thought the price was high for what we got, but I guess we were paying in part for the location.

Staff was friendly and helpful. Located close to the metro.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

I slept on a double bed but there was only a single duvet on the double bed? It was not comfortable for a large guy like me. Please ensure that there is a large double duvet on a double bed?

Staff were friendly and bathroom is wonderful

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

The bathroom was very small. There was barely enough room to sit on the toilet! The shower head was too high, so water sprayed everywhere. The beds were hard; felt like sleeping on the floor. There was no elevator, so we had to carry the stroller up and down the stairs.

Close location to the Dom Cathedral and center city...about 15 minutes. Free parking across the street was convenient. We ate dinner at the Greek restaurant around the block. Yummy!☺

• Reviewed: 12 November 2016

I booked a room for nonsmokers and the received room had a very strong smell of cigarettes smoke and the carpet,walls, switchers, etc were very dirty-see pics. Very noisy

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

Difficult to find (at night) even when very near the place as the sign was broken and unlit.Despite me prepaying i was asked to pay again until the night staff eventually found my receipt.My bedroom was disgusting with old stained walls broken furniture cracked sink & tile etc.only obvious places in the room were cleaned and the dust behind the TV and wardrobe top would support a vegetable crop. In my 45 years on the road it would make my top 3 all time bad rooms and the other two were probably less than a third of the cost.A terrible advertisement for the business traveller in Cologne

Breakfast room was better than the rest of the place

The room was clean but tiny without windows, therefore in room was dark . Has old tiles and floor. Internet very weak and payable

The hotel is located nearby the metro and highway. Has public parking free of charge. Breakfast was good, Room was clear. I suppose I'll back for next time słaby

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

The parking lot cost 10 euro. On the website the price was 59 euro at check-in they charged me with 63 euro at the end I stood untill 12 o 'clock in the parking they yield at us.....very bad stuff

Only the beds

• Reviewed: 1 October 2016

Very Noisy unclean rooms. Very bad neighborhood, a lot of glass of broken windows from cars at the parking. Definitely not worth the money!!

Close to the highway

• Reviewed: 14 September 2016

The owner speaks only basic English. 2 of the front desk staff spoke no English at all. You have to manage with German. Still, with a bit of goodwill, one can manage. Wi-Fi is paid, even if cheaply priced :-(((( and did not reach even to the rooms on the 1st floor (there are 3 floor in total). Had to use it in the lobby.

The rooms are clean and quiet. The hotel is one train stop away (5 mins) and then a bus journey (10 mins) from the airport. Managed to catch a very early flight (06:30) without a problem. The public transport can get you to the airport at about 05:00 and up until midnight. There is a metro/tube stop right next to the hotel, which gets you into Koln (Cologne) comfortably. You do need help from Google maps to figure out the public transport. There is a very nice Greek restaurant nearby and some fast food options. The staff is friendly and genuinely helpful, but speaks German only. Still, with a bit of goodwill, one can manage. My room had a double and a single bed, so it can accommodate 3 persons.

• Reviewed: 11 September 2016

The room was dirty and poorly decorated. There wasn't a curtain over the window so was bright at night. The key didn't work well in the lock. Towels were used as bath mats and mats around the toilet. Hotel had WiFi but the code did not work with any of my devices.

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

No Wifi signals, even though we stayed on the ground floor which was very next to the reception. Overall cleanliness was not good, sofa and chair seats were very dirty and we had to spread towels on them to be able to put any thing or sit. Washbasin in the bathroom was very small size and had drainage problem as took ages to get the water drained.

free parking

• Reviewed: 27 July 2016

• Quadruple Room

VERY POOR ACCOMMODATION!!!!!! Beds are terrible and NO FREE WIFI !!! Please don't book here it's a big waste of your money...find yourself a more better place

Our trip to Phantasialand and Aqualand

• Reviewed: 17 July 2016

Unsafe parking. It is NOT reserved for this hotel. Don't listen to their lies and park somewhere safe. No free wifi. Horrible accommodation. Their hygienic standards questionable at best. Please remove those dirty carpets. The receptionist couldn't speak any decent amount of English or French. He wasn't able to do basic math by adding or subtracting. It took him 3 minutes to figure out the answer to = 66 - 64. Don't be fooled by the picture, it's a photo of an elderly home next door.

The only positive aspects of this stay were the breakfast and the friendly owner. I'd really like to forget all the other parts of my stay.

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

• Quadruple Room

Parking on the other side not belonging to the hotel, heard to find, does not correspond to the picture, very old, the door of the bathroom couldn't be closed

The price of room if devided to 4 of us staying there

Perfect for that good price

Over Priced

There is no Internet connection and staff's are not friendly

Worst

Staff could have been abit friendlier, Free WIFI

Great value for money, Bit of a mission to Centre but we knew that before booking

• Quadruple Room

It is really cheap. Furniture damaged.

Near u bahn.

Nothing really except the price

no internet, cheating, food so bad

没有满意的,war ziemlich schlimm, never lived like this hotel before

No toothbrush, no hairdryer, bathroom needs some renovation, all in all too expensive for the value we got

Beds were not as uncomfortable as expected

Service was very bad. Room were horrible I do not recomend this place at all

I liked it was not more than one night at that place

Draps sales accueil triste

Rien

Room is falling apart. Poorly maintained.

Breakfast was terrible, €8 for a bread bun. Room was dirty.

Bed

Breakfest

Wall paint come off, bathroom fittings missing. Not a good place to stay. Ok if you dont have option.

Parking is good

The hôtel is horrible , not comfortable, everything is bed , the price of the room is so expensive

not so clear not so many choise for breakfast

location is very good,

Not anything

bathroom, no carbage, room facility

The rooms have old furniture, the tv one was broke and the other has 10 channels maximum.

The room...the toilet. ...the bed....all was a disaster

Nothing. ....

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

Avoid at all costs either sleep in your car or buy a tent it would be a better option

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

Bed too small for 1.87m, very small bathroom, kinda untidy, marks of water damage and electrical damage visible

Breakfast, nice staff

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

Smelly room. I expected better.

Horror!

Decorate

Bed to sleep in?!

Worst hotel ever

the stairs no elevator

very quiet neighborhood friendly owner

I am extremely diaappionted with booking.com for even offering me this hotel. Frankly i want my money back.

• Reviewed: 30 March 2017

they have a fee for the WiFi,per person!

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

no wifi in the room! the owner is not friendly at all.

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

• Quadruple Room

The room does not look as nice as in the pictures

Amabil staff

More blankets, fully cleaned

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

location and easy parking

• Reviewed: 17 February 2017

Noisy

Price

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

Nothing the place is a joke!

• Reviewed: 19 January 2017

good location, good parking

The place is bad and not reached level of satisfaction rude ladie .

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

Staff were extremely friendly even with the language barrier.

• Reviewed: 9 December 2016

Arriving

Leaving

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

Overpriced

• Reviewed: 26 November 2016

building was little dirty. I saw a cotton bud on stairs.

very warm room. Breakfast is not bad.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

No WiFi coverage on the upper floors

Free public parking. Room was clear. The hotel is located nearby the metro and highway.

Browse Park Hotel Köln traveller photo gallery