Reviews of Hotel Atlanta This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services offered. It is based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Sendlingerstr. 58, Altstadt-Lehel, 80331 Munich, Germany

#311 of 349 hotels in Munich

Great location, potential fire hazard
    • Double Room with Shared Toilet

The door was in a bad position in relation to the cupboard - it was quite difficult to enter and exit, and it could be a fire hazard. I'd like to have had access to a shower cap.

The bed was comfortable and we could leave our bags for a short while in the reception after check out. The view from the window was nice and the location was great.

Modest, but clean and friendly hotel in the center of Munich.

Noisy place (street and neigboring rooms), needs renovation specially the bathroom, rigid matrasses. Missed extra pillows, fresh vegetables and fatfree and sugarfree yogurt.

Central location and friendly staff. Clean. Near S-bahn and Tram.

Comfortable rooms, perfect location.

Very central location, metro station etc. right in front of the hotel. Quiet, comfortable rooms, modern bathroom, no city noise. If one MUST say something critical, the only thing that comes to mind is that there are no window shutters (rooms bright even in the early morning). We enjoyed our stay there, the location was fantastic and the staff very friendly. Comfortable beds too.

Great location, good value for money

Compared to the price of the room, the breakfast was rather expensive. On the other hand, it was very convenient to be able to eat at the hotel, and there was nothing wrong with it.

Excellent location in the old town, central but quiet. I had a fairly well-equipped room with all I needed for my short (one night) stay in Munich. Good value for money.

The hotel was over-priced and disappointing.

The bathroom was sub-standard. Many tiles were broken, the tub looked like something from a cheap hotel, and there were insufficient towels and towel hooks. The toilet paper was like newspaper and there were no tissues. The lighting was dangerously wired (no box).

The beds were comfortable, the windows opened, and the room was clean.

Poor
    • Twin Room with Shared Toilet

Noisy room. We had bad luck as there were people in other rooms making a lot of noise till 4 Pm. As we had a terrible night, we decided to leave despite the extra costs.

My advice, do not stay here until they improve the hotel and service
    • Double Room with Shared Toilet

The hotel and cleaning within the hotel is abysmal, my room was cleaned the second day but my bed sheets and the floor had not been cleaned (not changed) cleaned. When I arrived at the hotel the woman at receptioned made me fill out a form from the 1970s even though they have all the information on file from Booking.com, after a long journey this is very annoying. I requested a top floor room which they refused and gave me a third floor room so every time the client living above moved the sound of this very OLD hotel creaked in every corner of my room. And finally the shower next door was right next to my head, I could have been in there. The thing that annoys me about this hotel is it is OLD and badly run but they use the area to get their bookings and do not care about their reviews as you can see.

Nothing the hotel cost me 575 euro for 4 nights and I have stayed in more civilized places in the third world, I stayed here only as no other hotels where available, which was a mistake.

Nice hotel in a very nice location.

I stayed in the first floor in a family room which was way bigger than expeted. It had its own bathroom inside the room. They offer a baby crib for my 2 year old daughter without asking :) The breakfast was quite nice.

I was looking for hotel with the parking, but when I came...
    • Standard Twin Room

I was looking for hotel with the parking, but when I came there, lady on reception told me I need to use public parking which I had to pay. As well, they said on booking.com that they have terrace, which is not true (it's not important for me, but do not like when they are lying)

Perfect location;
    • Twin Room with Shared Toilet

Unfortunately while booking it was booked only for single guest. Somehow booking.com should show this information while payment or confirmation. We had to pay extra 10€ for second person at Hotel.

Perfect location; very near to U bahn station

Convenient for 1 night, if you don't look for too much confort.
    • Twin Room with Shared Toilet

No intimacy in the shared room (no bathroom, just a shower in the middle of the room), wood bed structure craking...

Breakfast was good, perfect location in the old center and near subway station to the MESSE.

Filthy rooms and staff that were exceptionally rude - don’t go near the place.
    • Double Room with Shared Toilet

Cleanliness of the room and shared toilet facilities - disgusting. Staff that didn’t care our pre booked non smoking room stank of cigarettes and dirty linen even though we tried to air it. They were rude and hostile. They wouldn’t offer a refund even when we said we would have to leave because there were no other rooms and ours was inhabitable. They rolled their eyes when I politely asked for help during the check in process and acted like they hated the fact we had dared to book a room. It was the worst hotel experience of my life which includes all the youth hostels I stayed in as a traveling student. Utterly horrendous.

Excellent!

Small blankets, but it’s ok, just bring your pajama in winter to keep you warm.

Front desk staff is friendly and helpful, bed is soft, nice bathroom and bedroom layout. Cute kitchen. Very close to the Marienplatz, 2 min walk.

Close to everything.
    • Family Room

Parking is metered and y9u have to constantly add to the meter. Or park underground for more money.

The apartment is located on a walking street with lots of shopping and restaurants.

Perfect location, very quiet room and supremely comfortable bed

The wifi was too erratic to stream anything

Perfect location, very quiet room and supremely comfortable bed ... one of the best hotels I've stayed In , thank you very much

Location is great

Tired rooms with creaky floors and furniture. Bathroom had cracks everywhere and was in need of a refurb. Hot water kept running out. Heating wasn't really working.

Location is great

I would not stay here again.
    • Double Room with Shared Toilet

The bed was dirty upon arrival, with hairs and smudges. When I asked the receptionist if someone could change the sheets, she gave me a new pair of sheets to simply throw over the bed and cover the filth. That was disappointing. Later, we found dozens of dead fruit flies laying around the bottom of the shower. It was really, quite filthy at this location.

Location was in the center of town.

Great location, excellent price, friendly staff. I’d stay at Hotel Atlanta again.

Ours was a non-smoking room, but smelled of cigarette smoke when we arrived. We opened the windows to air it out, and the front desk staff found some air freshener for us to spray around the room and on the drapes, etc. The staff were very apologetic. Thankfully the air freshener worked!

The location was excellent! Many major sites were easily within walking distance. Even though our room was on the street side of the hotel, it was quiet. The bed was comfortable!

Bad!!!

Rooms they shown and gave us was not same. Very worst rooms with bed bugs. This is the worst hotel we stayed in our 10days trip. 100% not recommended.

Nothing good to like..very bad rooms

Bed was comfortable, room was a large size

Cleaner took my scales that I had to get back. Very basic room for the very high price. No hair dryer, no kettle, no fridge, not coffee or tea in the room. Some shower gel was left in the bathroom. Very noisy at night and early morning. Got very little sleep

Bed was comfortable, room was a large size

Disappointed not worthy for CHF360/2nights.
    • Twin Room with Shared Toilet

Not worthy for CHF328/2nights! For shared toilet! Plus extra cost CHF32 for breakfast with not so much choices. The room looks very narrow , messy and dirty. There is a shower area but no water as you need to share toilet and shower outside your room so they put shower curtain. Before you can go in and out of room, you need to widely open thedoor because there is no space due to the cabinet in the front. Why not convert this shower area to a cabinet to make the room more spacious?Looks dirty because of the old carpet.

Clean, two beds close to tourist sites but I won't stay again for the extreme price
    • Twin Room with Shared Toilet

Very small shower in room. One can touch the shower, the sink, the desk and both beds at the same time in this very small room. The European pillows were so flat as if they forgot to place a pillow in them. The comforter was petite and didn't leave extra room to reach from one bed side to the other while underneath them. The shared toilette for 3-4 rooms was clean, yet drunk oktoberfest-ians occupied it forcing my almost potty trained toddler to wait a lot.

Stayed with small children, upon booking was given the option to cancel since a two twin room was the only availability. Very courteous staff with great restaurant recommendations. Above average German breakfast fare with delightful hostess. Cute courtyard.

The breakfast was awesome!

Outdated. Needs decorating. Need new mattresses and bathroom remodel for that great area that the are in

The breakfast was awesome!!! It was in a great location!!!

Position

Structure needs some upgrades, it's too old and the price/quality is unsatisfactory and the breakfast is not included and they ask for 8 euros which is an insult

Position

Clearly Budget Hotel
    • Double Room with Shared Toilet

Spring was coming out of one of the mattresses, elevator does not work past 10 pm so late arrivals have to carry luggage up 2/3 floors, toilets shared by the floor. Entrance also looks sketchy.

Excellent location in downtown Munich. Rooms were pretty clean and staff left our keys in the reception in an envelope because the reception is not open late at night. We cancelled our stay because we were not happy with the room and the staff understood and refunded the rest of our stay.

Simple stay downtown

Had no hot water at evening. Rooms would need a fresh layer of paint. Can be noisy as walls and windows are not soundproof.

Excellent location in the old town, on a shopping street. At walking distance from Marienplatz. Hotel for budget stay even though it is not that cheap. Minimalist room layout and facilities but coping quite well with the configuration of the old building style.

Good Location

As a 2 star hotel the facilities are a little dated. Was not our best value for money in hotels used in traveling in Europe. We were not happy that the supplied WiFi was a public open (unsecured) network - expect better that this.

Lovely central location in the old town area so many sights were within walking distance. Very close to U trains and trams for traveling further afield. Good breakfast facilities and very reasonable pricing. Lift access to rooms on upper levels.

• Double Room with Shared Toilet

I was only staying for one night, but needed a late checkout (6pm), so I had to pay for two nights. It was kind-of expensive (235€ excluding breakfast) for a two star hotel.

Proximity to U-bahn

Good location, near train station, room is clean
    • Twin Room with Shared Toilet

No elevator from ground floor, room too small, no complementary bottles of water, poor room facilities

Good location, near train station, room is clean

Ideal for a short-term stay in the city center

The overall look of the hotel is a bit old. The room furniture is a bit depressing. I think this hotel would be amazing if they renovated it. Otherwise it is freshly painted and had good windows.

The staff is very friendly and helpful. The location is great - both for shopping and city-touring. You are very well connected to public transport. The room is clean and the bathroom nicely renovated. The room rates are competitive

Good location. Nice room. Ok.

It was very noisy but that was due to building work happening along the road. Staff were unfriendly and on the verge of being rude.

We booked 2 rooms as a room to sleep 4 wasn't available... When we arrived our room was huge and sleeps 4. We could have just booked the 1 room easily! the other room was a TINY little box in the attic with 2 single beds and only 5eu cheaper. We felt ripped off. It was a good location 5 mins walk to main square and hfpbrauhaus. Other than the feeling of being cheated and the disinterested un- friendly staff, it was very good.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

Wonderful staff but the room was horrible.

Wonderful staff but the room was horrible. Scared to shower because the shower head was coming out of the wall. The tiles were all cracked in the bathroom. The lift did not work the night we arrived so if you can't climb stairs it would be bad. Great location though but overpriced for what we got

Good price for location but that's it.
    • Double Room with Shared Toilet

On fourth floor, elevator stops running at 10 pm. Beds uncomfortable. Crowded. Few rooms that don't have shared bathroom down hall. Clean but a bit run down.

Good price for location.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

The outside toilets are just not friendly. Please improve on this.
    • Single Room with Shared Toilet

The location of the hotel is dodgy, and it needs proper advertising board.

Nothing much. Only that I had one night, I would have not done so if I had more nights.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

Fine for cheap and easy
    • Single Room with Shared Toilet

The room was fine as somewhere to hang your hat, not if you're looking for something modern and luxurious. Shower in room was odd.

Cheap and cheerful. Great location; Sendlinger Tor is fantastic area in Munich. I booked last minute and everything was straightforward.

Good place for the price.
    • Single Room with Shared Toilet

My initial encounter in the hotel. You must park about 5 minutes away and I was traveling with my dogs. I left them in the room long enough to grab my bags out of the car and walk back. Of course the dogs were not settled in to their new surroundings and were a little upset being left in a strange place immediately upon arrival. As I'm walking back in with bags in hand, the lady at the desk basically scolds me and tells me I cannot leave my dogs alone again in the room. Just a little understanding of pets in new surroundings would have been nice upon me trying to settle in.

Loved the fact I could travel with my pets. It's in a prime locations with the Marienplatz a short walk away. Great hotel for the " stay out and explore traveler" who doesn't stay in their room the whole trip.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

Pigeons crap all over

To access our room was we had to exit the building through the backyard and re-enter the building again on the opposite side. The backyard was the dirtiest and untidiest place we have ever seen. Pigeons were living there and crapping all over the backyard. Very unclean, considering that they carry diseases through their excrements. Horrendous place. Location was great, very centrally located, easy to move around in city centre. For the money we paid overall it wasn't good value at all. Pigeons' crap all over the window as well. Not worth a penny. Also, the room was tatty, dirty and gave the impression that it had not been used or refurbished for a while. The walls were not even white, lots of marks and dirty on them. The shower was cold, we reported it to the girl at the reception and she commented that it was ok as the room had not been used for a couple of days. This should never happen in a hotel. I wonder how they are still in business as they gad an inspection from health and safety they would be closed down. Don't go! Ever.

This hotel located on the main street of munich, all of the...

The furniture in the room was neglected and old

This hotel located on the main street of munich, all of the places we want to visit were very close to it.

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

It should be called "Hovel" Atlanta

What a ridiculous "hotel""! It is nothing but a B&B! The house is ugly with narrow stair-cases and nearly no natural light. If you are from Mordor you are just right here. Also no parking near, parking-houses are very expensive, especially overnight. The reception-girl was not the brightest bulb in the Christmas-tree and stubborn as a mule. My printed reservation-confirmation did not interest her at all because she had a different one from booking.com. Faults can happen and it definitely was booking.com's mistake. She could easily have been a bit accomodating - the room I had booked was free - but no, I should pay more. This I could not accept - I can be stubborn, too - so I left. The next day my credit-card was charged.

Only the Sendlinger Straße

• Reviewed: 17 February 2017

The best hotel in Munich!
    • Family Room

I came in after check-in time, but the hotel staff were very considerate and made sure I got in my room without any problems. The room was very spacious and extremely clean, excellent experience.

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

Really located in the center

Toilet on the 2nd floor was broken

Location is super! The staff gave us a good advice to the Hofhause by 12min walk, it was fantastic to feel of the warm and friendly people in Bayern.

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

Very good location

No hair drier and broken tile in the bathroom that gave the impression that the bathroom was dirty despite it was very clean.

The location of the Hotel is great in a pedestrian street. Nice room, kind staff. Good quality/price ratio.

• Reviewed: 1 December 2016

• Double Room with Shared Toilet

The bed wasn't overly comfy and the furniture is old.

Great location. Breakfast was delicious Had a shower in my room Wifi was reliable and fast

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

Good and clean hotel near the munich central.

Excellent ubication near the central zone of Munich. Its near to the park where Oktoberfest are. Very clean and comfortable room. The breakfast included its good.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

Good place in excellent location for cheap price

Busy street=noise throught the night. Elevator stops working at 10pm.

Excellent location, easy walking distance to old part of town, across street from metro stop.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

Not a good service....

The radiator dosen't work. So just received electric heating. Based on this was so light in room, because electric heating system. And smelled of this like burned hair. And I had to wait a lot for warm water in bathroom.... So..... They just offered free breakfast, but it isn't compense enough recreation before more than 500 km driving.....

The place

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

Questionable Checkout Procedure
    • Double Room with Shared Toilet

Upon checking out, I was informed that your credit card machine was not working and I was expected to pay in cash. This is the most ridiculous expectation of anyone to pay cash for a hotel room. Most people pay with a credit card. Very unprofessional -especially from a hotel-and a "questionable" request of a hotel guest. At the time, my ATM card was not working and I had to leave my credit card information with the front desk and told the charges would be processed when the machine was working again. I was very uncomfortable leaving this information with no way to review charges or a receipt in hand but had no other choice. I do not appreciate this kind of unprofessional service from the hotel and will never recommend nor return to this hotel.

The location was great. Right in between Marienplatz and the location of Oktoberfest. Breakfast was good, but not worth the cost.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

Almost nothing except location.
    • Double Room with Shared Toilet

Almost everything; however the lack of any security meant that they complete stranger was able to walk in off the street and into my hotel room robbing me of my backpack, €3000 and my other belongings.

Almost nothing except location.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

Won't be back.

More backpacker hostel rather than hotel. Very noisy with people coming and going all through the night. Beds are wooden and creak whenever you turn - they are so noisy you can here every bed on the floor. Shower is high off the ground and bit unsafe to step out of. Looks like an afterthought. Hotel overlooks yoga studio - fortunately there are curtains. WiFi was initially good, then non-existent. Breakfast was not worth having, so I only went once. No fruit juice out. I will not stay here again if possible.

Location is very central.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

Great location, basic hotel

The room felt very basic, more like a bed and breakfast than a hotel. The mattress wasn't great and the view was straight onto someone else's balcony. There was nothing wrong with it, but for the price I would have expected something a bit more polished.

The location was great and the staff were very friendly.

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

Good location, comfortable

The shower took 10 minutes to dispense hot water, which was scolding hot

Good size room in a great location. Just under a 20 minute walk to the Oktoberfest grounds

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

Convenient but basic stay in Munich

We were in 'the smokers block' and woke up with our room stinking of cigarettes. It wasn't sound proof and the room was also not very clean. Fan was thick with dust.

Location and friendly staff

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

To avoid even if Sindlindgerstrasse looks lîke a public garden now!
    • Single Room with Shared Toilet

Put up at this hotel several times in past years but management is now minimum.room stinking of cigarette smoke on the fourth floor and very sharp welcoming. All is made for money making . The room was tatty with holes in the plaster stains and worn out curtains. Perhaps 55euros is cheap but for that sort of quality it is expensive.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

Clean and cheap value, but don't expect the red carpet treatment.
    • Single Room with Shared Toilet

Staff was not very friendly. There was an issue with my toilet that was only addressed by me moving rooms at 9 PM.

It was clean and the location was right on the Sendlinger Tor metro stop and about 10 minute walk to Marienplatz.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

Hotel is good for a couple of nights.

The walls are thin, you hear noise from neighbouring rooms, a bit old furniture, price is too expensive.

The hotel is small and cozy, just for staying 1-2 nights. Good location, close to the centre and on a silent street with many shops. The room and bad were clean, good breakfast but is not included into a room price.

Location, atmoshere

Location, atmoshere

Location and service

Location and service

Amazing location

Amazing location

I was in a room 45 - nice and quiet

I was in a room 45 - nice and quiet

Excellent location with fabulous people.

N/a

Staff were extremely helpful and kind.

Beds, floor

Rooms are clean. Easy to get to various downtown locations. I would stay again
    • Twin Room with Shared Toilet

Near down town Munich. Easy to get to.

It is a great price for just a place to sleep, but if you want anything more go elsewhere.

Rooms had very thin walls/ceilings I could easily hear everything from other rooms.

Great for a place to sleep but not really much else.

Citytrip and good location in the middle of Munchen nearby underground

In the towncentre! quite

Perfect accommodation for tired man on bussines trip.

I have enjoyed a spatious double room with big windows to the street.

Lean, good location, testy breakfast.

Lean, good location, testy breakfast. Thank you

Cheap and cheerfull

The noosy floors and beds, the thin wals

The location was great!

Very cozy place on excellent location.
    • Double Room with Shared Toilet

Very cozy place on excellent location. Staff extremely nice. Hope I will return to Hotel Atlanta :)

The Russian speaking girl is just amazing !

The Russian speaking girl is just amazing !

Price was too high for this hotel, which is too old, too...

Price was too high for this hotel, which is too old, too noisy

No hotel parkig.

No hotel parkig. Street parking depend from your own luck.

Perfect location

Perfect location . In the middle of everything

Great view from the windows, reasonably priced, terrifically...

The bathroom was in poor condition (cracked porclain, mold on walls)

Great view from the windows, reasonably priced, terrifically located

Shower in the room was a little strange.
    • Twin Room with Shared Toilet

Shower in the room was a little strange.

Browse Hotel Atlanta traveller photo gallery