Reviews of Kult-Hotel Auberge 3 stars

Bayreuther Str. 10, Tempelhof-Schöneberg, 10789 Berlin, Germany

#213 of 579 hotels in Berlin

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Boutique hotel located in a quiet place in the center of Berlin. Very nice, kind and helpful staff influences the unique atmosphere of the object. Resting, relaxation or shopping is a place worth recommending.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Lets start with check in, being told I would have to pay extra for City Tax when this was included in my booking on this site, trying to find where my room was located. Once inside, i would describe the from as a broom cupboard not a room, it was that small. Then threes the noise from the builders next door and the filth under the bed and lying around the room. Clearly they don't clean these rooms, just move muck around and make the bed. Towel count was three, one medium and two small, not long enough to go around my 36 inch waist. Kettle was hidden, along with the two tea bags a sachets of coffee that where never refilled, possibly due to the cleaner not knowing their location. When it came to check out they charged me a different price to what was agreed on this site, stating fluctuations of sterling to euro. I could could on and on with this review but I will just finish it off as the worse hotel in Berlin and not worth the price I eventually paid.

There was nothing I liked about this Hotel, everything was bad.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The credit card that I used to book and pay for the reservation was asked in the moment we arrived. As I didnt bring that specific credit card to the trip, they refund it and I had to pay again using another credit card. By this way, I had to pay twice for the tax charged by my credit card. In the moment we arrived we were also informed that we had to pay a 5% tax, which was never informed before. For the 5 days that we took breakfast, they offered always the same options to eat, which were good but lacked variety.

Friendly receptionists, clean and confortable room. Good localization: easy access to public transportation and close to restaurants.

• Standard Single Room

Ladies at the reception were very polite and helpful. The location was perfect. The rooms were large and clean. It was a pleasent stay. Indeed, the quality of service provided fully met our needs and expectations. If I had to visit Berlin again, I would definitely come back.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Pillows are too soft. One of us had hard time to sleep. We were in a bedroom in front of the stairs. Door wasn't sealed and isolated properly so the noise and the light in the hotel corridor came in the bedoorm and made the sleeping even harder (remember, pillow way too soft). Staff wasn't very welcoming either. During my stay, I asked for two umbrellas and a scissor. The lady in the reception, called Malia, wasn't willing to lend the umbrellas - "but they belong to the hotel and you have to bring them back". Since they are in the reception, it means they are there to be used by the guests and of course people will do their best to bring them back. The worst came during check out. I had returned the umbrellas and the scissor the day before to another receptionist. When I gave the keys to leave, the same lady, Malia, said - "two things", I said, I returned the umbrellas and the scissors. She replied "no you haven't". I said I did the day before. She insisted - "it's not here". I kindly asked her to look for it" Finally she found. I told her as a receptionist she shouldn't doubt the guests and trust them and not make accusations in front of other guests (it was breakfast time). She said "it's ok". I replied it¨s not ok. It's a matter of respect - "but my colleague didn't tell me you gave the scissor". I told her it wasn't my problem they didn't communicate and that she should have trusted me. "I didn't know you were going to be offended" she said. She Turned her back and left. Such a shame, nice place but very rude staff. Not pleasant for guests that at the end are paying for their salaries too.

Location, high ceiling, heating and size of the bedroom. Bathroom was modern and room was clean.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

A minibar, or a small fridge would have been awesome :)

The hotel has a perfect location, easily reachable by metros and buses. Perfect place for a gay traveler. The woman at the reception was really helpful, gave me all the informations which I needed. The room was really comfortable, and quiet.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Really lovely French town-house style hotel with large rooms, friendly staff, high ceilings and all modern facilities including complimentary soap / shower gels, still and soda water, tea/coffee. Very close by to Ka De We and Wittenbergplatz metro. Handy for bars and shopping. Very quiet room when facing internal courtyard. Some rooms have balconies overlooking the road which is not too busy or noisy after peak travel times. Thoroughly recommend a regular visit.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Heater regulation in the room did not function properly (too warm with no possibility to reduce heating), lift on demi-floors = guests have to carry heavy luggage up and downstairs, old window frames with no possibility to open only a little bit or to leave open during a day,

Good location.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Our standard room was very small and not at all as splendid as the pictures promised.

Bed was very comfy, breakfast excellent and staff super frisendly

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Just a few minor things really - No breakfast included but could be purchased for an extra 9 euro. Bathroom clean but too small and no carpet (my preference, especially in cold weather).

The location and price - it's near Zoological Gardens and a couple minutes walk from the U Bahn station of Wittenburg Platz.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The rooms are boiling at night so you have to have the windows open (I’m someone who is usually cold). Pillow is awful, bed not very comfy. Very old building so if on lower floors you hear creaking above you.

The location is good, underground stop right outside. Clean.

• Comfort Quadruple Room

A very nice and big room (with coffe or tea!), close to supermarket, the U-Bahn and a good pizza restaurant: Da Lucia. 5 beds in one room! (- Hard to find hotels where you can stay with 3 kids in one room...) 😊

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The mattress (the worst mattress I've ever slept in, in a three (!!!) stars hotel)!!! Furniture. Old (no oldies)!!! You could see through the room-door the corridor light (room 30, floor 3)!!! The tiniest bathroom I've ever experienced!!! There was only a general use liquid soap!!!

Location. In the heart of the old Berlin-center. Very warm room. Four hours breakfast time. Parking. Cheap (only 13 € per day)!!!

• Standard Double or Twin Room

We forgot to put do not disturb sign behind the door and cleaning lady wokr us up on sunday morning at 9 a.m. It was a bit disdurbing, everything else was ok.

Very nice hotel

• Comfort Triple Room

The lift was rather chilly but you could take the stairs!

Our family room was huge! The room could sleep 5 but as there were just 3 of us we had plenty of space. Although the decor is perhaps a little dated, the room was very clean, with a coffee machine, seating area and safe. The staff were very friendly and we really enjoyed the breakfast. The location is also good, as although it is located in a quiet street you are just a few minutes away from the restaurants, shops, train station and the lovely Christmas market. We were very pleasantly surprised by this delightful hotel and would definitely recommend it for families.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

I can't think of what could have improved my experience.

Hotel was a great value! The location was perfect for walking or transit and the room was quiet and spacious. Most importantly, the bed/pillows were very comfy!

• Comfort Double Room with Balcony

Poor wifi, no minibar in room, terrible pillows, sickly smelling air freshener in the entrance hall, vibrating male waxwork outside the reception. Early risers got the best bread rolls and croissants!

Top location, huge room (but a tiny bathroom), chairs, coffee table, coffee machine and balcony. Excellent heating. Great beds, plenty of hot water, usual buffet breakfast. Very pleasant staff.

• Comfort Double Room

The size of the bathroom: it was miniscule, impossible to get changed/dressed in. Pillows were terrible for my taste and needs. Had neck and shoulder ache throughout my stay. No kettle in room. Had to pay extra for coffee at breakfast. Often too hot in the room, even with radiators turned off.

Coffee machine in room. Cable TV. Staff friendliness. Cleanliness. Breakfast OK+. Very spacious room. Hot and powerful shower. Good price. Excellent location.

• Standard Single Room

The bathroom was a bit too small for me.

Nice, cozy room in an early 20th century building. Elevator. Tasty breakfast. My favorite park in Berlin - Tiergarten - is close.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Room is not sound proof. I can hear people chatting around me. The place has an old style which on my first night looks kind of creepy - have to keep my lights on whole night. Wifi is not that steady.

Location. Near malls and train station. Staff is friendly.

• Comfort Quadruple Room

THE PILLOWS! It's very soft, I have to fold it up to be substantial and even that is not enough.

Great location, right in the middle of the shopping district & the U Bahn station 3 minutes away from the hotel has very good connection.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Room was either very cold or too hot. Bed not great as mattress was very thin and pillows/pillow not great.

The location was perfect for what we wanted. Christmas markets, shops, transport and entertainment all close by.

• Comfort Double Room

Auberge is our favourite hotel in Berlin. This hotel has a great charm and character, has perfect location close to Wittenbergplatz. Staff is very friendly, and breakfast is great.

• Family Room

This room is advertised as having five beds (which it did) but I think it is best for four people. There were four in our group and we were really happy - we used the room with the fifth bed as storage for suitcases.

Everything was fab including the breakfast. The family room has a good layout and we had enough space to enjoy our stay.

• Standard Single Room

Monday 7-9am constant knocking, because of ongoing reconstruction. Micro toilet/bathroom.

It was clean and very nice place. Tube in walk distance. Many options where to eat.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Our entire floor was being renovated, apart from the room we were in. Electric turned off in our room and was not turned back on for over an hour. We asked to be moved as I was not happy with the noise and also having to jump over the mess in the hallway. Staff were happy to accommodate and we changed rooms, sadly this was not enough to stop us from being woken at 7.30am every morning with banging and saws. Very disappointing as the hotel itself was great

Nice location, easy got to and site seeing is made very easy with all the transport around you. Staff are nice and hotel room was very clean. Beds very comfortable. Great food and shopping options around you

• Comfort Triple Room

Parking cost extra and was very difficult to get into and out of. We asked for a fan but were told they were put away because it wasn't summer.

Very large, comfortable room. Parking was right next door.it was nice to have breakfast on premise since we needed to leave early.

• Comfort Quadruple Room

There was one small wardrobe and no drawer space at all in a room meant for 4 people so we lived out of the suitcase all week. The bathroom was tiny. The staff on duty at breakfast seemed on edge and some breakfast items were in short supply.

The room was large and clean. The reception staff were helpful and spoke English. I feel that overall this character hotel was good value and well positioned.

• Standard Single Room

Very satisfied with everything accommodation and aera

Do not drink tea. Good location for metro three stops to city centre, i enjoyed Berlin very much. I booked with airbnb supermarket near Hotel.

• Comfort Triple Room

Breakfast was fairly basic compared to other hotels of this rating we have stayed at and often when something had run out we were told that no more would be available, eg bread for toasting and cornflakes. The bathroom was small since the building is very old, this was not a problem for use but there was not enough hanging space for wet towels, especially since there were 3 of us in the room.

This hotel is just near Wittenburg Platz so it very close to many great cafes, restaurants and shops. There is a U bahn station in the Platz and the S bahn just down the road at the Zoo Gardens. Also a small supermarket in Wittenburg Platz. It really couldn't be better situated for getting around Berlin and for anything you could possibly need. It was initially a little hard to find from the instructions on the website but soon became clear.

• Standard Single Room

Although the room didn't get the sun and kept the temperature down the room becasme rather depressing as i hadn't much of a view which meant i really only stayed in the room for sleeping . There was a stale odour in the room on arrival, it was like the room was a smoking room, even though it was supposed ot be a non-smoking room. You got used to the smell when you weer there for a while. Unfortunatly my room didn't get cleaned for one of the days and I had to ask fro fresh towel and toilet roll. Breakfast was ok but not very much hot food on offer, it was either scrambled egg or boiled egg and toast, the scrambled egg was a bit rubbery as it was there all morning. But there were plenty of breads, and pastries to choose from.

I recieved a double room at the rear of the property, the view was into an internal courtyard space. The room didn't get much sun which was good because it left the room at a comportable temperature. Shower was good with good temperature and pressure. Tea/coffee making facilities was provided, and a safe ws provided also. A bottle of water was provided on arrival in the room which was a nice touch. I stayed there while it was my birthday and the staff had decorated my table which was a nice touch, overall the staff were friendly. The hotel had a balcony to the front which was nice to sit at during the day or evening and offerred drinks and snacks, the location was excellent for me. A Fam was provided in the room if required.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Wi-Fi was pretty terrible, sometimes didn't work at all.

Large rooms and while the bathroom was small, was very clean and everything worked super well! Staff were very nice too :)

• Standard Single Room

The decor is very dated, and you can hear the wooden floors squeaking, so you can hear anyone walking outside your room. There is a smoke smell around the place.

The location is very good, near U2 station, touristic places (zoo, KDV and Kurfustendam). The staff were friendly and helpful. Served breakfast was of good quality and diverse. Also rooms are quite clean.

• Comfort Triple Room

Pillows were too soft and baggy. Not too comfortable if you have to squash em and fold in four. Very small bathroom - tiny shower, and when you sit on the toilet you bump your head on the sink. Very clean though. Scary statue of a man with business card holder at the reception - my 7y.o. refused to walk by...

Excellent location - next door to Zoo and KDW. Very clean, good beds, quiet street. Wonderfull balcony to have breakfast on - lots of pillows and cozy. Cool pepper|salt dispenser - electric! Bought one for ourselves later, handy! :)

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was ok, not great. Gorgeous rooms but just a heads up- door of bedroom opens straight onto your bed so passersby get a full view every time your door opens. I would choose somewhere more central next time- it seemed like it took 20-30 min in a taxi to get to most of our destinations from this location

The beautiful high ceilings Spacious comfort room Willingness of staff to deal with requests and keep guests happy

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Pillows were very soft (seems to be common in Germany though).

Beautiful old style building, spacious rooms with high ceiling. Modern bathrooms. Good breakfast with fresh fruit salad. Cosy breakfast room / lobby!

Everything was great.

The location of the hotel is perfect, 2 mins walk from one of the main metro lines of the city. The area itself is quite lively also, lots of restaurants, bars and shopping opportunities. The hotel is very nice inside, clean and spacious rooms, great service. Wifi was fast and reliable.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

I could not find CNN or BBC on the TV (it was written on the TV Directory, on the desk), only DW for International News in English. Better selection of English, French, other languages on TV would be nice. NO AIR CON, which is usually not needed in Berlin, since the weather does not get too hot, but sometimes it´s humid in Germany, so I was lucky that the summer nights were cool to leave the window open for good sleeping. The pillows and Nordic quilts are typical in Germany, but I´ve never understood why they prefer such flimsy pillows and quilts that just fit the bed - I like hard pillows and big, over-sized quilts, but these are typical elements of a German Guest House, so "when in Rome, do as the Romans do", as they say. In general, the place is cute, and nicely furnished, if you´re looking more for a Guest House type accomodation than a hotel.

The Kult-Hotel Auberge is more like a guest house than a hotel. It is very charming - Little statue of a Butler with candy on a tray at the entrance wiggles when you touch it. Tastefully decorated, very HOMEY, the breakfast room and den have bookshelves and knick-knacks, books, etc. Several of the employees seemed to be immigrants, which I think is nice in supporting immigrants with Jobs. Breakfast was good - good selection of cold cuts, yogurts, cereal and the usual German breakfast fare. In general, the atmosphere is like a typical German guest house with a tasteful decoration. Very quiet for sleeping in the back of the hotel. Nice. Very clean, very well kept up. Only 20 min. walking from Zoologisher Garten, and the U-bahn Wittenbergplatz is right down the street, so it´s central and convenient.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Was not told when offered coffee at breakfast that it was extra and would be added to bill also charging for booking a taxi from reception . If we'd known then we would have used our own phones to make the call. Things like this stay in your mind ... SNEAKY money making .

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

I had paid before, the payment included city-tax. When I left the hotel I had to pay city-tax again. I didn´t have the confirmation with me. Later I realised that paid the city-tax twice.

Good breakfast, nice balcony at breakfast room, the place was perfect for me, very near U-Bahn station and nearby KaDeWe.

Coffee wasn't that good.

Very good location, close to the metro station. A lot of bars and restaurants in the area. The parking garage was great.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

You have to pay for the "Good coffee" but you get a thermos of coffee with breakfast just not very good- very minor though!

Good room, good breakfast. Really happy I reserved ahead of time for parking. It was 13E per day but it was a private parking lot through the hotel if we didn't we would have had difficulty finding parking outside the hotel! I really liked that knowone could just walk Into the hotel either you needed a key to get in or to ring the buzzer. The reception is on the first floor so you do have to go up a flight of stairs- not a big deal though. One of the only places that we have stayed at that has a elevator as well so it was nice since we were on the 4th floor. Good place to stay don't really have any complaints. It was a cool older building, so if your looking for a more modern place without any character then don't go here! Close to the underground and many places around! Took us only a 30-40 min walk to get to more center Berlin by the Brandenburg Gate and such so not bad at all and a really nice walk: glad we stayed where we were not as busy as thas center!

• Family Room

The mattress was a little bit hard for my back and the pillows too soft. The wifi didn't work well during our stay

Calm Nice breakfast Very nice staff

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

Two beds separated pretty easy and you fall in between.

Service of the staff was outstanding. Breakfast was good. Location was excellent. Lots of good restaurants, public transport and tourist attractions nearby.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

upon arriving I was greeted and made to feel welcome into the hotel. I had e mailed ahead requesting an earlier check in, which wasn't a problem Breakfast - Excellent and well worth the €9 (plus city tax), sorry I hadn't booked it when I booked my stay

• Reviewed: 30 March 2017

• Standard Single Room

Breakfast was fairly standard but not unreasonable for the price. The bathroom was also a bit on the tiny side. To be honest these were very very very minor downsides to an otherwise very pleasant stay!

I got quite lucky and picked up a good offer for a couple of days in this hotel which counted a lot towards me choosing it. However, I'm really glad that I did! I was able to check in just before midday and the room was a very nice size with a comfy bed and soundproofed windows. All of the staff were friendly and professional and were very happy to help. I'd definitely stay here again!

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

All was fine although the bathroom was very small and the corridors could be a little noisy.

An interesting old hotel with lots of character. Big rooms and big windows although the shower room was very tight! Clean and modern in the rooms although noise did travel through from the corridors very easily. We didn't have breakfast there for extra so we ate out each morning. Helpful staff. Great for the lovely area around it and very close to a u bahn station.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The bathroom was fairly small, but the shower was good and everything was clean

Wonderful squashy feather pillows which I love, but appreciate they are not to everyone's liking. The room was quiet (facing courtyard), and you can sit in the lounge area and have a drink before heading out. It's a few minutes walk to the metro and there are some lovely cafes and restaurants nearby

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Outdated decor and didn't seem to match the pictures on booking.com (although that could have just been our room allocation). Coffee facilities not replenished during stay.

The location was good and the room was large and very clean. Quiet and comfy! Staff pleasant (although we only saw them on check in and check out).

• Reviewed: 18 February 2017

• Family Room

There's nothing not to like. The WiFi is a bit wonky on the top floor but if you're in the right part of the room it works well. I've lived on much more expensive places with worse WiFi. People complaining about the lift stopping mid floor really need to get a life. It was no problem even with a young family.

Everything was wonderful. The family room is huge and arranged to give everyone a bit of privacy. The beds, linen and pillows were excellent. It was my sons birthday when we were there and the staff decorated our room for him! Outstanding service, outstanding hotel in an outstanding location.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The temperature in the room was too hot to sleep and the smell of smoking People in the hotel was disapppointing.

The bathroom was very clean and and there was a really good shower.The breakfast was very good and fresh.

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Double bed was made out of two single beds, so they kept drifting apart. Shower was small, and there is no draining hole on the floor, so bathroom floor gets easily flooded.

The hotel had old time charm, and I really loved the room's high sealing. The location couldn't be better, just 100m away from Wittenbergplatz's U-bahn station. Receptionist lady was very lovely... Best greetings to her!

• Reviewed: 25 January 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Smoking was permitted in the common area of the hotel across from my room. Every day, my non-smoking room smelled so bad that I had to open the window to let in fresh air, but which made the room freezing cold. There was a sign saying `If you smoke in the room, you will be fined` but it would not have made an ounce of difference if someone did.

Great location, friendly staff, really beautiful hotel

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was pretty basic for the 9 euro price.

Our room was fairly big and the beds were comfortable. We had requested a double room but had two single beds pushed together with two separate duvets. Room was nice and warm even though it was -7 degrees outside. Bathroom was small but very adequate for our needs. TV was mostly German channels but not surprising as it is Germany after all and not really a problem as we did not spend much time in the room during our stay. All in all it was very satisfactory.

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

• Comfort Quadruple Room

old building - floor makes loud creaking noises. bathroom area too small.

overall it was ok. nothing special other than great proximity to Ku'Damm area.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

No Lift to reach the Reception, hence it is difficult if you bring heavy luggage; Heizung's control in my room was broken, we couldn't lower it down hence the room was too hot

Location is very good

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The reception area is on the first floor and have to go up stairs. Inconvenient. It would also have been nice to have a lounge. At breakfast there was invariably only one member of staff who had to double up in the kitchen, serve customers and at times even do reception duty. This resulted in negligence in ensuring that buffet was always well provided with ham, eggs, bread and so on. Should have sufficient staff during breakfast hours.

It was a very short walk away from the underground and within walking distance of numerous shops and restaurants. Some staff were very helpful and spoke excellent English. Room very clean. Gave us home made biscuits for Christmas. Staff recommended a v.good restaurant nearby. Free (German) newspapers provided to read at breakfast.

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

• Comfort Quadruple Room

Wifi was pretty bad. Had to constantly reconnect and was very weak. The metro stations have better wifi connection. No English channels on the tele except CNN.

Breakfast was decent but had to pay extra.

• Reviewed: 22 December 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

It can't be better than it was.

We truly enjoyed our stay at Hotel Auberge in Berlin. Next time we would like to stay in those rooms facing the street, which look truly great. The hotel location is more than convenient, everything was on our finger tips, from KDW Department store to Metro station.

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Slightly smelly bathroom. Latest renovation must have been some time ago.

Very helpful receptionist who went out of her way to find a suitable room for me. Relatively quiet location for a town hotel. The bed, although I could feel the springs, allowed for better sleep than I expected.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Lovely old building having it's character, nicely decorated for Christmas season. Quiet atmosphere, good breakfast, excellent location 100m from Wittenbergplatz and KaDeWe store. Very friendly and helpful staff. We were staying here for third time and everything is great

• Reviewed: 2 December 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The smoke odor in the corridor and even in the bathroom while the room was none-smoking. There were too many steps to carry on your suitcase.

It was near the underground station. High ceiling, nice construction.

• Reviewed: 29 November 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The central heating (radiators) seemed to go off during the night. I wasn't exactly chilly but would have liked it to be a little warmer while sleeping.

Nice room with high ceiling. Comfortable bed. Small shower room but spotlessly clean and with very high quality fittings. Kettle and tea/coffee in room - unusual for an hotel on the Continent of Europe. Very good breakfast in civilised surroundings.

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Our room on the 2nd floor stank of cigarettes as it was right above the bar where smoking is allowed. Also the mattress (if you can call it that) was rather uncomfortable but after walking around Berlin for 10 hours a day we flopped onto it easily enough.

Staff were very friendly and didn't laugh too much at our pigeon german, opting to reply in English when it was clear our pre-gcse level language skills had got us in over our heads!

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

First evening front desc admin was nice and very helpful. But on the November the 5th early morning, was very strange one lady who didn't let us to take for breakfast to go two cruasants. We were late for airport. What a difference where are would we eat it? Very anpolite one "frau".

Mostley everything is OK. All, exept one "frau" were very helpful and polite.

• Reviewed: 5 November 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

a little expensive for the price - reception on first floor so you have to carry bags up stairs

close to U Bahn station and shopping areas - breakfast satisfactory

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Pillows were uncomfortable and the room settting was weird. They had chunked a big room by building a bathroom within.so the room had this L shape, not that comfy. 2. Heating - no air conditioning, no independent heating system so in case you feel hot or cold you have to rely on rather opening the window or get under the blankets.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Bed was great, but some firmer pillows would have been wonderful - but that's just a personal thing.

Loved the décor, the room was perfect, staff very helpful, English spoken was good. Very happy and would definitely recommend and return to.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

• Comfort Triple Room

The lock on the front door

A hidden gem at a good location in Berlin. Outside the hotel there are several restaurants and shops. Entering the hotel was a nice surprise. Several small details that felt like home or visiting a friend. The room was big, a bed, a desk and a small extra table with chairs for afternoon tea. Ordinary breakfast but calm and relaxing atmosphere. Very friendly personnel with a familiar attitude. I would definitively go there again.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Minor problem with internet access in some rooms (weak connection). Also internet service provider blocks some web site, assuming, they may have some adult content. We couldn't access some social website.

This hotel has a great location, walking distance to attractions, restaurants, bars. Staff was extremely friendly, especial Antje at front desk, who was able to solve any minor problems. She provided excellent customer service and we felt, she did truly care about our needs.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Great location to explore from with lots of places to eat and drink nearby. The staff were very welcoming and helpful. Bed was really comfortable & allowed for a wonderful nights sleep. Good selection at breakfast, never went hungry & always a refill for your coffee on hand

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

- This property is old and tired... It has been cycled through it useful life one too many times before a refurb... Chipped wood work, dark halls, frayed carpet... do not be taken in by the Comfort sign brand. - The internet in this hotel is TOTAL GARBAGE!!! - INTERNET DISCONNECTS EVER TWENTY MINUTES AUTOMATICALLY. - OUTGOING VPN E-MAIL WILL NOT CONNECT. I spent two days in the lobby of a hotel up the street in order to send my outgoing e-mail. WHAT AM I PAYING FOR?!? HOW ABOUT A REFUND?!? - IF YOU ARE TRAVELLING ON BUSINESS AND NEED A RELIABLE INTERNET CONNECTION... DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!!!!!

- Staff were good

• Reviewed: 23 September 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The beds were okay but the pillows were terrible even if you used two. My room was also looking out on to a building site so it quite noisy. Also the Wi-Fi was not working for a couple of hours on our first day however staff had informed us this was an issue with the service provider so it wasn't really a problem.

The hotel is in nice area very close to the underground and with plenty of shops/restaurants near by to keep you busy. The staff at reception were quite helpful and could not be faulted at all. I would recommend requesting a second pillow.

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

• Comfort Triple Room

Pillows need changing - very flat. Carpets and hotel looks old - needs renovation. The receptionist couldn't speak english so we we're not able to communicate well when we arrived although she seemed nice.

The room was spacious and the location was great!

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

• Comfort Triple Room

Lovely little bread rolls. Yoghurt just the way I like it. Had to have some scanning and emailing done. Our host couldn't have been more accommodating. Thank you.

Browse Kult-Hotel Auberge traveller photo gallery