Reviews of Centro Hotel Augusta This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services offered. It is based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Augustaanlage 43-45, 68165 Mannheim, Germany

#18 of 38 hotels in Mannheim

• Standard Single Room

Breakfast was terrible, I wouldn't get it if you are staying. The hotel is very dated and old, and a little grubby, but it is fine for the price.

Very cheap room, good location, some of the staff were helpful.

• Superior Single Room

Unfortunately the prices were a bit high because of some fair in Frankfurt, but apart from that the accomodation was great.

The rooms are cosy, the location is good, the area where the hotel is calm and friendly, perfect for resting after a long day.

The hotel has lost much of its former attractiveness. There is no longer any restaurant available (formerly the “Mannhemer Stub” was a very convenient restaurant with good to excellent kitchen. WiFi Service is available but had problems during many hours. Laundry service was not available on Saturday / Sunday. Es gibt kein Air-Conditioning und auch keinen Ventilator.

• Standard Single Room

WiFi was really slow, only 6mb/s. Not good when staying for business. Ended up connecting my laptop to my mobile internet.

Really clean and had all the basics.

• Standard Single Room

Room was tiny, like a prison cell and there was only one, really flat pillow. If you can't sleep well, a hotel fails completely in it's primary function. This one was miserable. Scrambled eggs were dried out and crusty.

Staff were helpful and very friendly. The night receptionist found me a parking place in the garage, which I appreciated because I don't have a German green sticker on my car.

Upon checking in, I stood there for 5 minutes before anyone acknowledged me. Two employees were in a discussion together and chose to finish before acknowledging my presence. The room was very bland with no décor to present a warm feeling. There was no AC and so I was forced to leave the window open for air flow. The street activity was so loud I couldn't sleep. The shower was extremely small and there wasn't any counter space to place things.

Nothing at all was pleasant about my stay here.

• Standard Triple Room

We found on the floor below the bad plastic packaging from previous room visitors...

Location was good. The breakfast was very good. The room overall was comfortable.

Nothing. We should have checked for alarm previous occupant set. Luckily it was so early we went back to sleep

Suited our requirements for an overnight stay within reach of centre and links to concert venue. Good value. We had a very quiet room. No view but didn't need one.

• Comfort Double Room

The day we can the WIFI did not work and staff did not seem to care much; the rooms towards the main street get some of the street noise

Nice hotel, free parking in the streets

• Standard Single Room

It's about 10-15 min walk to the Rosengarten, I had hoped to be a little closer. But the area is ok. Stylewise you could aim a little higher, if that's important.

My single room was small, but clean and rather comfortable. Well equipped with big flat screen TV, water boiler, tea/coffee. Bright and clean bathroom with good shower. All for a very good price - compared to similar hotels in Mannheim.

• Standard Single Room

The single room in comparison to the price was small, maybe 16 m2! My room was situated to Augusta Anlage with a lot of traffic.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The Breakfast was excellent.

• Standard Single Room

You cannot adjust the heat in your room, you have to call reception, to do it for you. And when they did, the air conditioner was sending cold air. They inform on the website that they accept AMEX but they don't and was a big issue because I had to pay from my own pocket for the accommodation.

The staff was very friendly. I could sleep very well in that bed, even though was small.

The drain in the shower was a little slow. I called to inform the front desk and the staff allowed us to shower in an adjacent vacant room. Great customer service.

• Comfort Double Room

Air conditioning turned on automatically at night and was pretty noisy, but after we asked not to turn it on again, the problem was solved.

Hotel location is convenient, not far from center. Staff was very helpful and friendly, room was quiet and clean, bed was extremely comfortable, toiletries and tea making set created additional comfort. Overall impression was very positive

• Comfort Double Room

The receptionist was not able to help us with the parking options, pretty expensive breakfast

Comfortable beds, size of the room, location, coffee in the room and free in the morning

• Superior Single Room

There was no AC, which I expected. I was on the 4th floor and it was quite warm. It would've been very challenging to sleep without a fan. Also, while it looked super clean on the surface, as I was stretching in the morning I noticed that there were some sort of candy wrappers underneath the sofa (so please vaccuum under there too!)

The bed was very comfortable and clean. The staff was very friendly. The room and bathroom were spacious and had everything that one needs. The wifi signal was great. The place was peaceful and quiet, which is just what I needed.

• Comfort Double Room

The street where is hotel placed is very noisy and it's hard having windows opened. Room was kind of too hot inside. Bathroom was ok but unproportional to the room size.

Very big rooms. Price was really good considering the room size. Friendly staff, very fast internet, nice area close to the center. Easy access by public transports.

• Comfort Double Room

As I booked the hotel in booking.com, it was not mentioned anywhere before I booked, that breakfast was not included in the price. Booking.com, you should include these informations in the description of the hotel prices! Otherwise the description is not correct and fair! It was written that the price is without berakfast only in my booking confirmation (Buchungsbestätigung) after I had already booked! If I knew that the breakfast in this hotel would be 17 Euro pro person extra, I would have booked at the in my opinion better looking and a bit cost worthier Mercure Hotel Mannheim, where it was definitely written in the price description, that the breakfast costs these extra 17 Eu/ person. What I didn`t like was that the blankets were too warm for the summer and we could`t sleep well because of that, although outside it was 16 °C and raining, and we had opened the window! They were definitely no summer blankets.

The room was quiet.

• Comfort Double Room

- the room has nothing to do with the displayed pictures, - the furniture is very old, probably from the mid 80s. The mattress and linen were ok. - no safe deposit in the room

- the air conditioning was very good, even its control was not possible in the room - quiet area - nice staff

• Comfort Double Room

The airconditioning could only be adjusted centrally, and was a tad too cold for us.

Reception was friendly (we arrived at 11pm due to some heavy traffic jams), beds were comfortable, breakfast was great.

• Comfort Double Room

Centralised air conditioning, some dirt on sheets

Very central location with free nearby roadside parking. Efficient check in and modern rooms with facilities. Good value

• Comfort Double Room

The air conditioning was out in my room, however the staff was extremely accommodating and provided me with a fan. Thank you.

The staff were amazing. Great location. Comfortable room.

Bath tub was too narrow to stand in safely while showering.

Nice view from our 5th story room across the roofs of nearby buildings and seeing in the distance the hills of Odenwald. Also good view of Mannheim's TV Tower. Room was nice and bright. Bed was good.

• Comfort Double Room

On a Sunday, the restaurant in the hotel was closed but the staff recommended an alternative

Very convenient location to the Technoseum and city. Staff very helpful and friendly (great English speaking was appreciated too). Place for bicycles. Great Italian restaurant over the road

• Comfort Double Room

It was a hot two days. The air conditioning is regulated by the front desk. At check-in the room was very comfortable but at night they shut off the a/c and even with the window open it was too hot to sleep comfortably. The second day the a/c was not as cool when we returned to the room late afternoon. I asked the front desk to make it cooler but I noticed no difference. Again the night with no a/c was too hot. Also, there was no breakfast included in the room. Breakfast was 17€ per person. We DID NOT pay that, but I can't imagine the buffet being worth that much!

The staff was friendly and the room was clean, bed comfortable.

Breakfast was a bit on a pricey side. Air-conditioning is centralized and can be questioned if weather becomes too hot.

Location is quite an advantage - close to wasserturm and Rosengarten and even Luisen park is walkable. And it's not noisy around. And you also get an electric kettle for your instant tea / coffee needs :-) Onsite restaurant was good with an open terrace.

Booking com is not aware of a lot of things for instance: The parking is not free in this hotel, if you are lucky to find a free place near the hotel you will get your parking but if not you have to pay. Breakfast is not free like it's written in booking com, it's 17€ per person. Like in expensive restaurants. The room is not 18m2 at all it's rather small. The tiny curtains leave all the light inside the room so impossible to sleep.

Clean, tidy, calm. The personnel is polite

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

Décor is dated, the whole place feels past its prime. Air-conditioning has to be changed centrally at the reception desk I found the bed not very comfortable and the pillow was very thin (luckily I had 2 as I was alone in a twin room) Breakfast was not so good. I would prefer more limited choices but better quality, especially for the price.

The staff were the best thing about this hotel. It was nice to have tea/coffee facilities in the room. The place was clean and the bathroom was a good size

• Deluxe Double Room

No airco inside rooms, in a very hot days (Temp.: 32 degree Celsius) it was warm inside rooms, No free parking, Only few free places in front of Hotel in the street,

Small fridge (Mini Bar) was useful in hot summer days, very quiet place, rooms are big and beds are really king sizes, reliable internet in the room,

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

• Comfort Double Room

My first time here -- 3 stars hotel with acceptable price. The room is quite large, nice, calm with many facilities. Also, it is very clean and comfortable. The reception is friendly and nice. If you are looking for the hotel outside Heidelberg, 20 minutes by car, this place is a great one! Good experience here and I hope to be back!

• Reviewed: 26 December 2016

• Comfort Double Room

Centralized heating could not be regulated from the room! Woke up at 5am sweating and headache from the heater on full blast! Had to drag myself out of bed and down to reception to ask them the turn it down... bad night's sleep. =(

Friendly staff, helpful with extra requests. Speedy WiFi. A bit overpriced considering amenities...

• Reviewed: 23 December 2016

• Comfort Double Room

Duvet could be thicker in winter.we were there in late December.

Friendly helpful staff even though we arrived late at night.complimentary toys for children nice touch.late check out time gave us more flexibility.

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

• Comfort Single Room

for example I was not told that the breakfast costs extra and in addition was quite poor quality given the circumstances.

was too short to give a proper evaluation

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

• Comfort Double Room

The heating was central operated and you could not adjust it. The room was old and darky, which I did not like at all. As I said, it is ok for one night.

It was ok just for one night and cheap enough.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

price of the breakfast (17€!!)

you can park for free around downtown it at 10mn by walking very professionnal and nice people we forgot our a babylight at our first night 10 days ago and room service put it aside until we return there the dishes at the restaurant are homemade for a good price rooms are very comfortables with a bath

• Comfort Double Room

Air condition was not stable .. some times very cold others hot.

Flexibility especially regarding number of people in room (kids). 10-15 min walking from city center. Free internet.

• Superior Single Room

The interior and entire atmosphere make you feel like your a product in a big factory, where business people go and have breakfast on their own listening to Celine Dion background music that is used to get everyone out of the breakfast area again asap. The staff is nice, but when I called them after checking out to ask if I left something in my room, they just said that nothing was found by cleaning personnel and refused to take another look. It's still quite a walk from the city center, I guess 15 minutes or so. What really disturbed me is that they put single person sheets and one pillow on a queen-size bed, which not only looks ridiculous but also isn't comfortable. Next to that, they only give you one towel. It's like they really want to make sure that there's only one person sleeping in that room. Barney Stinson (How I met your mother) would have loved this hotel room. The air conditioning is centrally regulated, so you cannot change it unless you contact the reception. Worst of all is the breakfast. 17 euros is outrageous and the buffet is not very appealing. Not really any fresh products, the bread and buns are dry, and that for the price of a good evening meal. There's mozzarella that looks like smoked ham and salmon that I was afraid to touch. I guess they can ask whatever they want because the only people in this hotel are bored business travelers that don't care what they (or their employers) have to pay. I would prefer a much much simpler breakfast, with fewer options but at least decent products.

The location is OK, the bathroom is nice. The room is not small. Air conditioning which is nice on a hot day.

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

• Comfort Double Room

The WiFi system, though free, was tedious: reception has to print a password that’s only valid for one day and one device.

Large room. Effective electric shutters. Very clean. Friendly and helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

• Comfort Single Room

The decor is not particularly modern. One side of the hotel is on a very busy road going into the city and no amount of sound isolation can mitigate the traffic noise which starts early in the morning.

A simple hotel with very friendly staff, a ducky for the bathtub, and useful toiletries. They let me park my bike in the staff bicycle shed, which I very much appreciated.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

The heating/AC issue was very strange...You cannot regulate it yourself from the room. You have to call reception each time you want it on, off or change the temperature. First time I ever saw this system... Mattress and pillow was not comfortable. No extra pillows in the room. Vintage radio installed in the night table, which would loose it's signal depending where you were sitting on standing in the room (awkward!)

The location, quiet but central. Easy to park in the street around the hotel.

• Reviewed: 12 August 2016

• Comfort Double Room

- There is free wifi, which was fast. But they have an awkward system. You'll get papers with log in. Which shuts you down after an half hour. So every hour you'll have to fill in the new log in numbers.

- The location is close to the centre. There is free parking space available next to the hotel. (We where lucky there was a parking space next to the hotel) - Very big room, very clean and with comfortable and a huge bed. I loved the screens for the night. The room was dark and it kept the noise from the streets during night. There was a fridge and you could make coffee or tea. - Staff was helpful.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

• Comfort Double Room

Breakfast too expensive 17euros per person so we walked about 1 km to the shopping centre to a bakery. The lift was out of action for about 18 hours. WIFI was unavailable until late evening second day but reception then provided a number of different access codes which worked for 30minutes. It was very difficult to find a parking spot.

Extra large double bed. Shower easy for my wife to use and get in and out of (hip replacements). Fan/ventilateur in room.

No Air Conditioning in the room

No air conditioning

Location, comfortable beds

• Comfort Double Room

The pillows were very thin!

Central but quiet district. Easy parking lovely clean comfortable bedroom with ensuite. Friendly helpful staff

Everything! Front desk staff was especially helpful and welcoming.

• Standard Single Room

Nice and qulity breakfast, good room!

Good

Thanks

• Standard Single Room

Not much of spread in buffet breakfast

• Superior Single Room

Parking was a problem, very small spaces at an extra cost. Bed was too small, I didn't fit in the bed.

• Standard Single Room

The wifi is based on an old and complicated system.

The breakfast was decent for Germany

Check In System needs improvement; “WiFi” was ridicules

Very friendly Staff and nice bar/restaurant. Clean and comfortable room.

Nothing, really.

Room was spacious and comfortable.

• Comfort Double Room

The room was very big, the bed was very comfortable.

Very nice Breakfast.

Very comfy beds.

The dinner and service in the restaurant was great and the staff as well!

• Superior Single Room

The room was very spacious and clean. The staff was very nice! Great location!

Bit outdated

Good hotel near the city centre

Street parking

Only public parking available. Difficult to park, not ideal for a one night stop.

The bathroom didn't seem so clean, I've found hair and many dirt marks.

The location was excellent

All

Expensive breakfast!

Relatively poor Breakfast. Many stairs before the lift

Spacious rooms. Friendly staff. Free parking nearby

central location in Mannheim

Behaviour of staff is excellent.

• Comfort Double Room

Restaurant and bar facilities were great! Staff were really welcoming and accomodating.

view from the window

Clean and good service

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

• Comfort Double Room

no air conditionning for those who ordered thru booking!

Breakfast + 17 EUR?

• Comfort Double Room

The room was very clean, big and comfortable.

• Comfort Double Room

Room was large enough to accommodate the requested extra bed.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

• Comfort Double Room

The noise of the heater is a little bit loud.