Reviews of Hotel Augustinenhof This is the official star rating given to the property by an independent third party - the Hotelstars Union. The property is compared to the industry standard and scored based on price, facilities and services offered. Use the star rating to help choose your stay!

Auguststraße 82, Mitte, 10117 Berlin, Germany

#203 of 579 hotels in Berlin

When we visited Berlin temperatures reached 30 degrees Celsius and it was even hot during the night. Since there were no fan in the room it was very hot and difficult to sleep. Facilities to make coffee/tea in the room would have been highly appreciated.

Excellent location near Oranienburger Tor. Lots of nice restaurants and bars in the area. Don't miss Clärchens Ballhaus a few blocks down the road. It is an old ballroom and if salsa or tango isn't your thing you can have a beer or a meal in the garden. A really cool place. We would definitely stay at Augustinenhof again.

It would be useful to have Tea/Coffee making facilities in room.

Excellent Location, easy to see many major attractions on foot or by short public transport journey. Good area for eating out, short walk to a great variety of restaurants. Staff very efficient.

It would be a plus point if hot drink making facilities were provided.

The cleanliness and maintenance and general standard of the hotel is exceptional.

nothing - it was perfect for our needs. Would have liked to stay longer. This was our third visit in a number of years. Would definitely come back if we would come to Berlin again.

Absolutely everything - large quiet room, comfortable beds, birds singing, very friendly and professional staff, extremely clean everywhere, excellent location, fabulous breakfast.

ventilation of the room is not ideal, with an outside temperature of 26 degrees inside the room is very warm. Cannot sleep well the first night even with the window open.

convenient location, close to 2 metro station and close to Frederic street. Staff are friendly. Room is comfortable

Clean and quiet. Great location on a quiet street in Mitte but close to transport and a good selection of cafes, bars, and restaurants. Build around a large central courtyard. Old-fashioned hotel in a good way. I’ll go back next time I’m in Berlin.

We did have to ask for some extra pillows because they are very very flat... Even then they were still like pancakes. But overall this didn't affect our sleep quality too much.

Beautiful old building, quiet little spot where we could hear the birds singing from our room. Gorgeous view to the courtyard from our room. And a great shower - hot and lots of pressure :) The hotel is in a great area where there is plenty of food options and a relaxed vibe.

The pillows were awful. I asked for 2 more, which they provided, but they were still not enough. Also, I think they could provide more towels.

The locations is excellent, very close to all the important ameneties, 10-15 minutes walk to museum island. I thought it was very good value for money.

pillows but that is a personal taste and also that there is no safe or air conditioner in the rooms. When you book your room, ask for a room facing the inner courtyard. The rooms that face the front street are noisy, early in the morning or when there is a party downstairs at the bar.

location, breakfast bufffet

Super comfy rooms and beds. Gave us extra pillows, booked us a cab. Lovely hotel, great location, ultra clean and well cared for. Would definitely stay there again!

Tea making facilities in the room would be very good. My wife likes her early morning tea but had to resort to bottled water which was not so good for her. I guess English Hotels do provide this!

liked the warmth during the cold spell. Room was very clean and the bed comfortable. The breakfast choice was excellent and tasty but a little overpriced at 15.5 Euro per person. Would stay again

A double bed would have been much better than 2 single ones stacked together. Shampoo bottle was not refilled in the douche cabin after cleaning. Found the small 15inch CRT TV taking space instead of adding value and comfort to the room.

The location is great! The room was clean and spacious. Staff was helpful and nice!

The pillows were too thin, we had to ask for extras. Would have liked coffee/tea facilities in the room.

The hotel was wonderful, staff were helpful, room was immaculate and a brilliant size. Location was perfect.

Surprisingly comfortable and well equipped for it's price, lots of attention to detail. Wifi was great and easy to use / login with (no stupid voucher systems that so many hotels use). Check-in and everything else was really quick and easy.

The room doors are not that good and you hear all the conversations in the corridors. The beds are not as hard as you might expect.

Clean, simple and good location

We were on the 3rd floor and the Wi-Fi didn't work in our room because there was only one near router at the end of the corridor and we didn't get the signal.

Location, clean

Room not meticulously cleaned

Central location, easy access to bus, tram and all public transport. Spacious room with access for disabled. Polite staff.

Computer system crashed which made checking out a bit more complicated. Not too big a deal. Breakfast was good but a bit expensive.

comfortable hotel with good wifi.

Well meaning receptionists gave me incorrect info about Berlin twice - trains to Schoenefeld airport - I had to take a cab - and location of Schiller Theatre (info out by 4km). I found when I arrived at 0940 for breakfast on 23/10, one staff was welcoming. But one was actively unhelpful removing my food plate -even though breakfast finishes at 10am.

The location is fantastic and the room rate is good for Berlin Mitte - you can get to many of the major sights in minutes on foot. The room I had is small but well equipped. Breakfast is good -worth 15 euros, but get there early!

The hotel was difficult to communicate with during the planning of our stay. The web site connection (email) was not very user friendly. The beds were very uncomfortable. Not sure I would chose this hotel again when visiting Berlin. The breakfast was over priced.

Very basic hotel. The location was near a subway stop and there were several restaurants nearby.

No tea kettle in room. Bathroom tiny and bed too hard. Hotel of this type should provide some small amenities like toiletries and tea/coffee.

Good location in near art galleries. Mitte is great neighborhood with cafes and shops, easy transportation links.

The double bed consistet of two single beds who were moved together.

Great but expensive breakfast... Quiet location, close to subway and tram services. Good dining options around the corner. I felt quite safe in the area...

Situated in Mitte, it is in an ideal location for access to the main tourist sites. The nearest subway station is less than 5 minutes walk away. There are lots of good restaurants and cafes nearby. The room itself was clean and comfortable.

Parking is not convenient, hotel does not provide parking places. We need to park near the road or in garage, but the closest garage is still several km away.

in general, it is good.

Mattress and pillow were too old and uncomfortable.

The position is very good, in the heart of Mitte... lovely area. The staff is always kind and willing to help.

Most lamps in my room didn't work and that wasn't fixed during my stay. The elevator is very slow. The wooden floors are squiky and noisy.

Location was amazing the room was quite large and very clean. The bed was comfortable. The hotel and room were quiet. Their soap smells good =) The minibar was helpful and equip (there are water bottles and snacks, not too expensive). Good value for money.

I was really bummed out by the rattling carts through the enclosed courtyard at 6 in the morning and again late at night (twice each time); it was really loud and disruptive. I understand there's a restaurant to run, but is that honestly the only way to get those carts through the hotel?? I wondered about the earplugs when I arrived since it is otherwise remarkably quiet. Unfortunately, the earplugs didn't muffle that rattletrap noise very well. Also, it would have been nice for the desk clerk to provide a little orientation to the hotel. I never learned where the silent room was (I know, shoulda asked) and didn't get a city map until I asked (when I did, she curtly stated it was already on the desk. Okay, I guess my fault, too, but check-in can be a little overwhelming and it's nice to have someone offer a little personal attention).

The hotel is very bright and spacious. I was very surprised at how nice it was given how affordable it was. I was really happy with my room with a view onto a beautiful little enclosed courtyard. There was a nice, big armoire for my clothes and a large bathroom with nice towels. The bed was comfortable and pillow was filled with down. There are a lot of nice cafes and bistros nearby; I liked the location a lot. Be sure to check out The Barn just up a couple blocks on Augustinestrasse for coffee and croissant in the morning! The Barn seems to be making quite a name for itself. I had never been to Berlin and my primary interest was in the wall. In fact, I didn't leave east Berlin until my very last day. The Berlin Wall memorial is very worthwhile; plan on spending 2 or 3 hours here if you want to really get an understanding. The Rick Steves' walking tour is a must on your first day.

Pillow was too flat, floors were wooden so above rooms were loud when walking around

Excellent location, comfortable room, very central, friendly staff and quiet hotel

Bed was a little too soft and there are 2 single bed mattresses on top of a double bed base. The room was very warm and stuffy. No air con so had to open windows whenever we were in the room. Room in general was clean but when I looked under the bed, I could see that it's rarely cleaned under there.

The location was excellent and easy to get to. It's walking distance to great restaurants and attractions. Trams and trains are also very close. It's a standard 3 star hotel and good value for money considering its location. There is a café/bar joining the hotel which is handy and there are several elevators making rooms on upper floors easily accessible. Reception staff were friendly and helpful.

Overpriced breakfast. Perhaps provide fans for customers during summer, there's no cross breeze within the room even though we opened all the windows, it's too hot to sleep.

Can't remember anything annoying

Very good location close to many attractions but quiet at the same time, large brekky, nice bar, stable WiFi connection. The hotel is quite basic but offers everything needed for a short stay.

The room was incredibly hot so if investing in aircon is not an option, a fan would have helped. Also, I booked 2 rooms; one was lovely and large, the other was very small, and they were on different floors. I would have expected them to be closer together.

The hotel was in an excellent location and we could walk to lots of the landmarks of Berlin. There were also good restaurants and bars nearby, and some lovely shops. The breakfast was great although not included in the room price, which we mistakenly thought it was.

Weather was HOT so I had to sleep with windows wide open & no covers. Air con or even a fan would have helped.

Smart traditional hotel in a relatively quiet area near underground & river. I would recommend this hotel.

Very conveniently located, within walking distance to Museum Island (1.7KM) which was where we wanted to spend time. The staff were friendly and helpful both with directions and with hotel issues. As I have an allergy to feathers, the hotel promptly replaced the feather pillows in the room upon my request. Breakfast, which is extra to the accommodation fee, was plentiful, with a good selection of breads, pastries, meats, cheese, fruits, cereals etc. We enjoyed our stay there and would be happy to return to Hotel Augusteninhof again.

over priced breakfast

I have stayed at the Augstinenhof at least 8 times over the past 5 years. The hotel itself is simple but very tasteful, I always look forward to staying there. The only problem is the breakfast. The first few visits had breakfast included then they started charging, first 8 euro, now it's up to $18; that's just crazy for breakfast and it's not even that special. Now I go around the corner to a bakery where a complete breakfast is 5 euro.

Just once, a man from the reception rudly asked for the card to give us the key of the room. Is a card from the hotel with your name and room number. We were not told we were supposed to bring it with us from the beginning so we left it in the room. He was pretty upset by that. It was the only unpleasant experience we had, all th rest was very nice.

Room was good, spacious and clean. Good lights in the bathroom and room with possibility to switch them off from bed! Shower comfortable with amazing temperature regulation. We asked for some toothpaste and we got some for free. Quiet area makes you able to sleep nicely.

The wifi did not work in my room (463) at all. I had to go out into the corridor to send emails or to the lounge to use internet.

It was reasonable accommodation in this location for the price. Rather spartan with no mini fridge or tea/coffee facility.

The room was a bit hot, but they had a cooling fan which could be put on a timer so it wasn't too bad

Fabulous room, a suite with cooker, fridge, cutlery and crockery......and I'd only asked for a kettle!

Didn't like the noisy private party at the hotel bar (Bart) in the courtyard right below my window that was still going on at 1am.

great location in the heart of the city near lots of eateries and walking distance to tourist must-sees. Very friendly reception staff. Took care of luggage after checkout too.

No fan or AC. The bar emptied their bottles in a container in the courtyard every night at 12:30-1 and was super loud. The staff smoked in the courtyard too which led into the windows of our room.

Location and size of room were good.

Booked because of double bed and large room with desk for working. Two single mattresses on double bed so changed room which was a double bed in a small room. Not great alternative option but staff did their best to match our needs.

Helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

We did not like the pillows. They had no support and we were forced to ask for more. My sleep was ruined by this and I had a neck ache in the morning. The bed moved away from the wall when you sat back on it. The room was an adequate size and basic. I was really expecting more for the money as the pics looked better than it was.

We liked the clean room and friendly staff. The room was made every day. Good hot water in shower. The bed was good.

We drove in and the parking was 0.7 of a mile away and cost 25 euros a day!!

Berlin was great. As a history buff, especially 20th century history, the trip was fantastic. Unfortunately we waited until the last day to go to the Berlin Wall memorial. The displays are very interesting and also heart breaking, however, the museum was closed on Monday and we were disappointed. Staying in the former and now bustling "East Berlin" was a great experience. The area was full of great places to eat and the locals were great!! If you love history go to Berlin!

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

Cleaner showed up very early one day to clean.

Room was clean, in quiet location, with nice view and in good condition. Staff where helpful. Location was good.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

Everything was great, really! Even I am very critical person I have nothing bad to say about this place.

I was absolutely satisfied! It was also because I have bought this stay in "smart price" sale. So the reality were beyond my expectations, very lovely view to the yard with trees (windows could be fully opened), great position in the calm street just few minutes from the historical centre and also from the "normal" quarters with restaurants and bistros selling food for lower prices than in the historical quarters. During the walks in the surroundings of this hotel I had feeling I am part of the town and not only tourist - that is definitely something great! Also the stuff was very kind and professional, breakfast very big and delicious and room was very smart - small yet comfortable, full of architectonical clever details (like revolving TV table so you could watch TV from bedroom and also from the living room; nice small sofa with armchair and in the bathroom I felt comfortable even it was not so big, but had enough space). I just fell in love with this place.)))

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

Could have done with a few more (or just bigger) towels in the bathroom.

The hotel location is excellent, right in the middle of everything, ubahn and trambahn very close. In a pretty good arts district. Tons of restaurants, coffee shops and bars close by.

TV could be bigger and bar downstairs was expensive.

I liked the area a lot, the hotel was near good restaurants, museums and shopping area. It was quiet too. The room was very clean and big, we even had an extra bed. We did not eat breakfast at the hotel because I thought 15 euros was a little too much for what they offered, we just went to the cafe near by. The room had a little fridge/minibar which we used for our food. Staff was friendly. WIFI worked good.

• Reviewed: 3 April 2017

When I arrived I was given a room on the first floor overlooking the street, which was exactly the opposite of what I asked for when I made the reservation. The receptionist told me that was the only room free. When I showed her my reservation, she eventually found me a room on the courtyard. But she was a bit cross about it and made me feel unwelcome.

A nice traditional hotel with real wooden floors and none of the ambient noise you get in large chain hotels. My room overlooking the courtyard was perfectly silent.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

There was nothing of significance I didn't like - had there been anything I would have made it known while I was there.

My room / peace and quiet / The view onto the courtyard / friendliness and helpfulness

• Reviewed: 24 February 2017

The old lady work in the reception is so unfriendly, she didnt welcome us and the way she response to our questions she is rude!!!

The locations n itself of the hotel

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

No kettle tea or coffee in the room Staff very unhelpful, I got the impression they didn't care for English speaking tourists Would not help or advise how to get to the airport.

Excellent location

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

The breakfast was expensive. To just get a coffee had to leave the hotel. Thankfully there are lots of restaurants close by.

The location was excellent. Central to the major sites and veey close to the trains. Very pretty as well.

It was a little pricey, however most hotels were over the new year period.

The location is perfect with good connections to major tourist spots by foot and train. There are some lovely restaurants around as well. The room was large and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

Double bed consists of two single beds pushed together and two single duvets, bit strange and the pillows were very thin, but overall we were very happy.

Great location, easy access to everything, staff were friendly and efficient. Decent hotel and would stay again gladly.

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

Noisy bed, hard mattress. No extra pillows without asking. No safe in the room. Well, I did not feel it as a joke, that television was huge 10" tube machine from Middle Ages. And just one chair near enough in doubleroom. Only one staff person was normally polite and positive.

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

There was a crazy loud "bip" at 9am, at9:30 the cleaning woman knocked if she could come (morning of checking out), 10am that "Bip" again. At the reception the woman hardly believed about the "bip", i felt uncomfortable.

• Reviewed: 22 December 2016

Luckily I didn't have to work during my stay since the wifi was horrible. With laptop it functioned better, but with mobile phone it drove me nuts by throwing me offline every 5 to 10 minutes.

This hotel was great value for the money spent. Perfect location (so many good restaurants and bars nearby + great connections), nice building, tidy and warm rooms. Upon my arrival the service at the reception was superb, on other days good too, but nothing compared to the first day.

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

The Bed was very uncomfortable along with the extremely thin singular pillow they give you. Less than satisfactory from someone who has stayed at many hotels, hostels and airbnb's throughout Europe. Also the breakfast was outrageously expensive so we opted out (15.50 euro per person)

Location was good

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016

Double room with two twin bed connected together is not suitable for married couple. I expected normal double bed. WiFi is horrible - speed is not good and you need to relogin every time you come into the room with password which is hardly memorazible. Beds are not comfortable.

The location was good, didn't have yo use metro to see all Christmas markets and other interesting places

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

No tea or coffee making facilities in the room and as we arrived on a Monday evening the bar was shut so we couldn't even buy a hot drink

Breakfast was fab staff friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: 3 December 2016

Main problem was the parking. Even if the hotel advertise a parking nearby the reality is different. The proposed parking is at about 2 km from the location and extremely expensive (25 € per night), which I consider deceiving. Staff rude and not polite. More, if you do not have a special German card you have to pay a surcharge at the nearby hotel in order to get out with your car from the parking. I would avoid this hotel in the future !

Room basic, clean enough.

• Reviewed: 23 November 2016

The bed made loud creaking noises on even the slightest movement, which is bad if you are light sleeper. Housekeeping do their rounds very early.

Great location Friendly staff

• Reviewed: 18 November 2016

The staff were lovely ! The bed made a few creeks but had the best sleep !! Also love the little court yard ! and the location is fantastic !!! really handy for everything !! great area !!

• Reviewed: 11 November 2016

Coffee was ok.

Breakfast buffet was superb. It wasn't clear whether a cafe latte was included or extra. I would have enjoyed one with my breakfast. The desk attendants were great! The woman in the breakfast dining hall was very sweet the Sat. Oct 15. The one on Monday the 17th, not extraordinarily keen to serve.

• Reviewed: 9 November 2016

-Bad pillows. - One umbrella that I put in the bin because it was wet, was retired by the cleaning staff (I suppouse...). - The breakfast was not included and its price makes it not worth.

- Very good location (near an underground stop, 25 min to Aleksander platz by walking, streets of oranienburger and rosenthaler very close with a lot of restaurants, shops,...). - Big and confortable room.

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

Old tv and slow Wfi..

Great location in street with art galeries,S bahn near the corner were you can go in every hot spots in Berlin..Staff was friendly and helpfull..

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

I have not used it, but the TV in the room is still of the old style (cathode tube): it is not so common nowadays....

The hotel is in a quiet area of Berlin with easy access to public transport and bars/restaurants nearby. The room was comfortable.

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

Bit manic at breakfast as not sufficient tables as guests appeared at same time

Really easy to get to things from .. just the type of place on a weekend break

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

The weather!!

The hotel was very clean and the staff were very efficient and friendly. There was a good selection and choice at breakfast and it was possible to get an evening meal at the hotel if needed. A 25 minute walk from Berlin Central Station or 9 minutes by taxi - really central.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

The first evening wifi was not working on my laptop (it did on my phone) It seems that they have a very restrictive way of accessing internet. After a restart of the routers the next day it was working fine.

Place and room was nice and staff helpful

problems regarding the hotel offer of 50% rebate on the first drink in the bar.

breakfast very good. Very friendly and helpful crew. Nice and clean big room.

Had a room at the front which was quite noisy -from the bar at night and traffic early in morning - it was very hot and we had to have the windows open

Staff at reception very welcoming and helpful

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

Beautiful building, clean, spacious, comfortable room, great location, excellent price. I didn't have time for breakfast -- I had excellent bread and take-away coffee at the organic bakery around the corner instead -- but it looked like other guests (at the inner court) were enjoying it.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

Beds are uncomfortable, room is very small. But if you come to visit a city - it is not a big problem. Also lack of AC could be a disaster.

Location is perfect - close to the metro and Museum Island.

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

It could be better with a renovation of forniture.

Very great position: 10 minutes walk by the museum island and 200m from S-bahn. Big and confortable room. Reception 24h/24h. Clean towels every day.

Browse Hotel Augustinenhof traveller photo gallery