Reviews of AZIMUT Hotel City South Berlin 3 stars

Rudower Straße 90 - 94, 12351 Berlin, Germany

#463 of 579 hotels in Berlin

Pillows were very small and flat. No shampoo and conditioner available in the shower. Floor carpet was very dirty, with many spots. Day and night curtains was not ironed. In the number, table top was scratched. The walls were with streaks.

Breakfast was EXCELLENT!   A wide range of meals and drinks. Staying on the last day for breakfast gave even champagne! Thank you for this, Azimut Hotel! :)

Very nice place a little bit outside centre of Berlin. Especially when you on your way west east. Average comfort on lower floors better on 3rd floor. Not very noisy and McDonald's and Shell petrol-station just beside. Very nice and fresh breakfast. Great place for one or two nights, for a holiday I would choose Creete anyway :)

• Comfort Double Room

We wouldn't have stayed there if we'd known there was a 600mb limit on the "free WiFi". The man at the front desk argued with us that this fact was posted everywhere on the booking and in the room, but it wasn't. The only time you were told this was when you'd arrived, paid, and tried to login to the WiFi. The shower didn't drain properly (they surprisingly did fix that the second day), the toilets didn't flush properly, the bathroom lights flickered awfully when you turned them on, and the bathroom didn't vent well. This place is also about an hour away from town by transit.

They did fix the shower drain on our second day.

Location is a bit off. It's a 45 minutes bus and subway ride to get to the city centre. Also, I would have preferred a double bed instead of two single beds.

Quiet location, comfy bed, nice rrom, good facilities, good breakfast.

There was a fridge in the room, and my car key fell behind there. When i pulled the fridge it looked like a world on itself. Nasty ablsolute nastiness. I disliked that so much...

Location a little bit far from city center. I"d like a little more powerfull electric light in the room.

Breakfast was great.Stuff was friendly and helpfull.Bus station is near the hotel.From Schoenefeld Airport you can get there in 25 minutes with bus nr.171.The room was clean.I stayed once at Azimut Hotel in Munchen and it was also O.K. That is the reason why I took accomodation at Azimut ,and Isay it was the right decision.

Breakfast was amazing, a lot of choices for pretentious people. Location was ok, since the bus station is near the hotel. The room was clean, the towels were changed every day, even though we didn't leave the towels on the floor.

Reception guy looked annoyed that somebody has came. Room was dirty-in shower were hair, shelfs were with black stains, water glass was not washed which was disgusting.

Staff at reception seemed as though they could not be bothered. Taking calls whilst we waited, acknowledged us yet seemed uninterested & just did not look like they wanted to be there.

Beds were comfortable, nice bright and clean room & overall homey feel.

Lack of translation to English, everything was written in German. Two staff at reception at night were not welcoming at all. Especially when we arrived late, around 1am, the lady didn't seem to be making us a favour, while opening the door to us. The property needs refurbishment. Very old installations.

Breakfast, miss Nadine from reception, very nice and professional

The night receptionist at check out was too busy to be interested in doing her job, free wifi is weak and limited to 600mb, it's not close to night time public transport to the airport, the decor is very dated

the staff at check in were very friendly and the price of the hotel was quite low

I was in room 277, as soon as I walked off the elevator I was met with doors and debris on the floor. I was not told in advance that the hotel or that particular floor was being renovated. Front desk clerk could have been friendlier but I was only there for a night because I was catching a flight out the next morning so it served the purpose. But I would not book with them again.

The only thing I like is the quietness and the location.

The internet allowance is far too small. As a standard hotel, I expected a no limit internet connections. I could not complete all my work due to shortage of wifi connection.

That the first night it was not possible to sleep at all due to some broken(?) device behind the wall or possibly in the bathroom(?). The staff told me in the middle of the night that nothing can be done and "sweet dreams". Another thing - even if one boils old eggs, the end result is still hard boiled almost rotten inedible eggs. Azimut breakfast = yuck.

That at least one night is was possible to sleep without undue noise in the background. This hotel is relatively near to one Berlin airport.

Dated, tired interior. Indifferent staff. Bathroom soap empty. No hot drink option in room.

Great breakfast. On bus route to airport. Pretty good value.

Really old rooms and quite uncomfortable beds. We ask a double bed and they stick together 2 singles bed. All night we have to wake up and put together the bed

location of a door to a bathroom is not cleverly designed - it blocks passage when it's opened, but it's not a big deal)

nice and cheap hotel, there is a bus to schönefeld airport in few steps from the hotel

• Comfort Double Room

The wifi is limited at 600mb per room which isn't that much. We weren't told about this until going down to reception to find out why our wifi wander working any longer.

The beds at the hotel were very comfortable. Around a 10-15 minute walk to the U Bahn in the shopping centre.

Was a bit far from getting into the town. Staff were nice but some not really good in English which was difficult at times. Breakfast was a No No No as it was not that appetising by looking at it and there was not a wide variety of food to have yet they were charging 10€. I had to eat out. Personally I had to request for another spare duvet cover as the ones that were already in the rooms were so thin considering it was chilly at night.

The hotel was okay, value for money so you get the equivalent to that. Staff were nice but some not really good in English which was difficult at times. However, there was a petrol station shop and McDonald's just outside which was handy if you needed anything. In terms of the area I think it was okay and could not hear any noise from the other guests. Bathroom was clean.

The only thing that I wished could have been better was the distance to the nearest U-bahn station. It was 15 minutes walking distance to the underground station. This did not pose any problems as the weather was good but if the weather had been inclement it might have been a bit unpleasant. On the other hand there was a very good bus service that could be used both to get to the underground station and to city centre.

I was pleased with the courtesy of the staff. The breakfast was excellent. The location was pleasant. The room was comfortable. All the facilities in the room such as en-suite, television, etc were very good.

The guy on reception in the morning. He needs to learn how to smile. I found him very rude when I asked for an ironing board. Although I did receive one,he rolled his eyes as if I was hassling him!

The breakfast was plentiful and tasty

The hotel itself was ok- clean, big room, air contitioner. But I had a problem with booking. At first, I booked my stay trough booking.com and it said that my booking is complete. It was weird but I trusted it. Then I thought that something isnt right and wrote a letter to the hotel. They told me that I dont have a reservation. I asked them to book me my stay. They sent me a letter back that now I have a room for sure. When I went there and told my name, they told me that they dont have a reservation for my name. I was shocked. Then I remembered that I had a problem with booking in Azimut hotel also in Greece. Never going back.

The windows was broken, so were the curtains. The room and the bathroom were small but sufficient for a short night. I did not like the bed and pillow. But it was ok anyway, given the price was really cheap.

The area was quiet, it was not far from the airport with the bus stop in front of the hotel. The price was good and the reception is open 24/7, with a great bar.

Dirty carpets.

Conventional 80's style hotel with red decor. Good choice if you're looking for an option to stay only one night without any glamour. A parking lot was positive.

The room was for non-smokers as I requested, very clean and quiet. The bed was comfortable. The hotel is not so far away from the center, but be prepared for 20-25 minutes walking from the metro to the hotel. The area was very nice and the stay was really pleasant. I recommend

• Comfort Double Room

Room sizes available do not correspond with the information given during booking on booking com. We booked a comfort room with 22 sqm, the room given was max. 18 sqm, one could hardly turn. The room sizes on their homepage are quite different to the ones on booking.com. We had to move to a suite for 20 € per night more to have a decent size room. This was not a nice surprise. The suite did not have a large size mirror. Although we asked two times at the reception they never came back to us with a solution or alternative. Wifi was weak and slow.

Breakfast waitress was very friendly and helpful

WiFi REALLY WORSE. during the 3 days I have never been able to work. The opposite of now at Lowen Gastehouse. Just to remove any idea that was my computer fault.

Internet is limited to 600 megabytes and VERY slow - ~50 kbps. Even web surfing is almost impossible. Room we had had a weird smell. Even opening the window did not help.

Staff is friendly and professional. Location is quiet and beautiful.

The room was a bit small as we had a baby and it was not that comfortable with baby-bed

all in all, it's a good hotel. The lady which was responsible for breakfast, was very neat and nice. She gave our son sth. to draw and was always there for help. gerne wieder bei ihr :)

There was a general sense of dust in the room and I felt that it was not cleaned properly.

There is a bus station right in front of the hotel and the bus goes directly to Schoenefeld Airport which is convenient

All ok, nothing to complain.

Great location, very easy to to get from Schonefeld Airport. SItuated in a very clean and quite neiberhood. There is a bus station over the street which connects directly with S-Bahn and U-Bahn.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

The lighting is kind of confusing with so many switches that do nothing :)

The breakfast is so rich. It has everything you could wish for The neighborhood is very nice Rooms are very cozy

High speed internet cost more Per device and per day, which added up. However the cost of the room was very reasonable, so we did not mind paying the extra.

The staff behind the desk was just great! I needed help with printing and how to use the computer and they were very kind and patient.

• Family Room

Breakfast was not great, Minimum facilities are missing like shaving and vanity kit etc.

Good hotel, Value for money, helping staff, nice rooms, and nice ambiance. I will return here again.

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

The wi-fi.. the speed was ok, but there was a traffic limit (ca 500-600 MB). I wish there was a fridge. Other than that nothing to complain about, at all!

Awesome comfy double bed, spacious bathroom, incredibly friendly staff, 20 minutes away from the airport. A bottle of water for free. Would definitely book here again.

• Reviewed: 1 December 2016

Had to have the light on all night to enable the phone to charge. Turning off the light also turned off the socket, not good. Air conditioner did not work and room was too hot. I paid extra for a so called king size bed.... it turned out to be just a normal size. Paid extra to include breakfast but was not impressed and not good value for money. Would not stay there again.

• Reviewed: 24 November 2016

Cleanliness could be improved in the hidden corners (locker for wires below the TV set, below the TV set etc). They are not really the places which one uses or look at in the room, but if by accident you do, it is not a nice sight to see the layer of dust. Other parts of the room were nice and clean.

The proximity of the Schonefeld airport - if you are coming late when there is no regular public transport, taxi costs around 12 euros. Otherwise, there is a direct bus line and the bus stop is close to the hotel (you need around 20 minutes to get to the hotel). You can plan your travel from the airport to the hotel using the website of Berliner Verkehrsbetriebe. The person at the reception desk was polite and helpful. The room had a hairdryer, the toiletries and a complimentary water bottle. Not a fancy modern hotel, but has everything you need.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2016

We were once blocked in a lift for twenty minutes without knowing what to. Alarm was not working. Fortunately a cleaning staff succeeded to get us out of the lift.

The breakfast was good. The bed was comfortable. Staff was nice. Cleaning staff was helpful.

Although it is a great location to Schoenfeld airport, it takes 1h to get to the city centre. but in the overall, it is a good compromise! :)

The room was surprisingly quiet, even though it was close to a busy road

• Reviewed: 26 August 2016

A little too far from the subway system , otherwise great . cleanliness is 10 / 10 .

one staff member on night shift was obnoxious to us which was not appreciated .

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

The only thing i cud remark on was that in the bathroom there were no rails to assist a person getting in or out of the shower or bath. If the floor gets wet at all i thought the floor was a danger. Hand rails wud help a lot

We upgraded to a room with a bath beacause i suffer with back problems and i was really happy with the decision to upgrade

• Reviewed: 13 July 2016

Curtain in the shower - not nice and clean solution

Good location by the easy accessible street. Easy to find parking place specially in the evening. Besides it is in the middle of the town it is nice and quiet place to spend the night or two.

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

• Family Room

The receptionist was a bit negative, when we arrived around midnight. A smile would have helped.

Big room for our family. 2 comfortable double beds, quiet room albeit to the street.

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

• Family Room

"Free parking" costs 9 euro per night, parking in front of the hotel is prohibited. AC didn't work well, while giant windows on two sides made room very hot.

Spacious room with a good view. Very, very good HOT breakfast in a spatious restaurant. Underground parking with elevators from car to your floor.

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

• Family Room

The family room we got was extra clean - really everything spotless. Beds comfortable and clean sheets. Breakfast was plenty, way more choice than you would expect of this class hotel. Children friendly staff. Big appreciation to the breakfast lady who brought mnms foe my kids, because you asked me (mom) first if they can have it! :)

was a bit far from center

very clean place and comfortable beds

Good location.

The beds in a double room are actually two single beds put together, which isn't extremely comfortable.

Not close to any S bahn or U bahn stations

Next to Macdonalds for coffee/late night snacka

P

Very clean hotel, delicious breakfast and nice very helpful staff. Be enjoyed our stay:)

the lounge smelly and noisy guests

clean room and comfortable beds

Friendly Staff, easy access to the airport.

Speedy abd friendly check in service.

Good price / quality. The room was spacious. Lots of choice at breakfast. Me and my partner would like to thank you for the kind hospitality!

Easy to SXF airport, staff very friendly and helpful, decent rooms, lovely breakfast and price ok. 8 people enjoyed the trip 😃

One staff member didn’t have good communication manners.

The room at night was very quiet. Very nice to sleep.

Easy to get to the town centre (via public transportation). Very helpful employees. Great value for money.

Good room

Old room facilities

Close to the airport

The staff was super friendly and you got a nice place to stay for the value!

Staff were very rude. And the location is really bad. Very far from the centre.

Price

Breakfast that costed high while McDonalds was the next door.

Location was ok.

very clean and pleasant people in reception, little old fashioned style but price was good

Easy accessable by bus Good,if you want to reach the airport Small, but good room Lobby with TV and bar

I'd have preferred bathtub instead of shower

The bed was soft

No hot drink facility in room, breakfast too expensive, unable to get a drink at the bar

Bit too far to the city center

Nice, cosy place. Close to Schonefeld airport.

Telephone was difficult to operate -- could NOT get front desk

Woman at the desk very helpful and friendly

The bus stop is right in front of the hotel and it made travelling light.

Dirty carpet, old fashioned bathroom

Located close to the airport, comfortable bed, acceptable size rooms

I was quite comfortable and reasonable.

Very close to local shops and bus service very regular

Bit away from city center

Clean room, nie stuff, great breakfast

The free Wi-Fi have a low limits but other wise it is great.

Wifi was terrible: it constantly needed logging in, it was slow and was limited to 600 MB per day.

It's close to an airport. A few bus stops