Reviews of AZIMUT Hotel Cologne This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services offered. It is based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Hansaring 97, Neustadt Nord, 50670 Cologne, Germany

#111 of 231 hotels in Cologne

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

Location good, but not much more. If looking for double bed, call before reserving or look elsewhere
    • Double or Twin Room

On the hotel description we were given the choice of a double bed or two single beds. Since we were only interested in hotels and rooms that offered double beds, we reserved the room in AZIMUT. Unfortunately, once we arrived in the hotel, we were informed that they had no queen beds (and after informing them that we had booked it with it, according to Booking, the receptionists said they only had 3 or 4 rooms with double beds but they were taken). We were not happy since we would not have reserved this room if we could only get two single beds, and also because the contradicting information (first that there were no rooms with double beds, then that only 3 or 4 rooms had them but that they were taken) made us feel that they were not being forthright with us.

The size of the room was good.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

I would definitely consider staying there again
    • Double or Twin Room

Our only problem was the fact we could not get a coffee and the rooms did not have machines. A small problem really.

We dropped off our luggage earlier in the day and checked in much later(7:30pm) and we were pleasantly surprised how kind and helpful the staff was. The cleanliness and comfort surpassed our expectations. The room was updated; very modern but not to sterile and uncomfortable. Quite the contrary the chairs, bed and pillows were very inviting.

• Reviewed: 16 October 2018

Good value and near central station.
    • Double or Twin Room

The air con wasn't real great, had to open the window to let in cool air but you can hear the train.

Great size room, bathroom good nice hot water shower, bed very comfortable

• Reviewed: 28 September 2018

I liked the cleanliness, the food and the fact that it is...
    • Double or Twin Room

There was a lot of trouble for the affairs. I do not recommend the hotel to those who do not care!

I liked the cleanliness, the food and the fact that it is located relatively close to the tourist center. The cushions are uncomfortable!

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Unfit for purpose
    • Double or Twin Room

Advertised WiFi but could not get it or 3G so a business trip is a disaster! No hot water in the morning so had to go to the office without a shower First cold evening of the year & no heating was on No headboards on the bed. One flat pillow on the bed Food was inedible Could go on but sound like a moaner now

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

very good, it is very close to the fair
    • Double or Twin Room

the breakfast food service previously was a little wider than now

XL size room, very clean, very comfortable, the railwy side is little more noise, but it is still acceptable

The location of the hotel is very good to move in cologne.
    • Double or Twin Room

The receptionist of the first night was very unpolite when I requested for the invoice, fortunatelly the staff in the next day managed well the issue. The room was very noisy with the train so in my opinon the price is very expensive for the quality of the hotel.

The location of the hotel is very good to move in cologne. The room is very big and beds very comfortables.

Not as expected
    • Double or Twin Room

When I arrived the staff at the reception was very unkind I realized I just got room that another guest had left 2 mins before Very noisy during the night

Room size Free WiFi

The hotel is just behind a subway station with many...
    • Double or Twin Room

The hotel is just behind a subway station with many connections, which makes the location great. Rooms are shiny bright clean, with plenty of space, and beds and pillows confortable. Also the staff is very friendly, I strongly recommend to anyone looking for a nice stay in Köln.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Disappointed
    • Double or Twin Room

Room was unbearable with room temperature controls not working, we reported this straight away and was told nobody could help us. We already booked 2 days with very young children. Also a camera was taken from our room which we also reported without any reply to date. Such a shame.

Spacious room but service not up to expectations as a 4 star hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

Didn’t feel very welcomed as non-German speaking guests there. Most staffs didn’t seem to speak much English. They looked rather sternly and most couldn’t seem to even return a smile. They smiled and chatted happily with each other and other German-speaking customers though. We saw other guests in bathrobes using the sauna. So we checked the hotel guidelines which said to get them from the reception. My child went to get them and the receptionist just sent her away saying “you don’t get them”. We got really confused, checked the guidelines again and was surprised when she repeated the same thing to me on the phone. Only after I read to her what was on the guidelines did she admit that we could normally get them at the reception but there was none left then. No apologies and no other solutions offered (extra towels could have worked). I was a bit dumbfounded when she hung up on me with “you are welcome” at the end.

Room was spacious with minibar though no kettle. Breakfast was good and popular but they couldn’t refill quick enough so some items just ran out about an hour before breakfast ended. Literally 2min away from Hansaring train and metro station, 30min from airport. With luggage it took us over 15min to walk from Central Station, so would recommend taking public transportation instead if carrying heavy suitcases...

Comfortable and convenient for a family stay with great breakfast.

The only down side was the air conditioning was too cold and despite all attempts the best we could do was turn the whole thing off. Not sure what it is like in the winter. It would also have been nice to have a kettle and tea coffee facilities in the room.

Very comfortable and clean. Suited family with 2 small children. Convenient location. Staff were very helpful, especially the young man doing night shift at reception. He spoke very good English and gave lots of very helpful information. The breakfast was also plentiful with good variety.

Great location, next to the train station, close to...

Everything was better than expected. No complaints.

Great location, next to the train station, close to everything. Very helpful personnel, ready and willing to help all the time. Room was really huge, modern and comfortable. Stayed on the "quiet side" so no noise from trains there. Overall this hotel has been a pleasant surprise - and at a good price.

Modern but very noisy

The hotel is very close to the train station. 1200 trains per day are passing the hotel. Very very very noisy. Definitely not for the people who likes quiet environment and wants to rest.

The hotel a newly refurbish and comfortable. Rooms are big and modern. Breakfast is outstanding. There is car parking possibility for 17 euro.

didn't sleep well...
    • Double or Twin Room

We got two rooms, the Air/Condition is totally not working in one room, in the other room, there is some noisy from the Air/Condition but we couldn't feel any cool wind. We complained this to the reception, the staff is not helpful and I didn't feel she want to help, because she said we can complain to them but there is nothing they can do to help! I don't like this attitude. In the night, the trains are extremely loud if we let the windows open, but it's too hot so we cannot close them!

room is big, bathroom is fine

Poor customer service by night staff.
    • Double or Twin Room

The day staff were fine but when I brought the problem of the a.c. not working and not being able to find a hidden light switch to the night staff after checking in, the answer I got back was "I don't know" and "you come to me with these problems [then nothing] then "I don't know" again in a snarky voice. Later we did change rooms but the a.c. only worked a little better. I understand the temperature was way above normal for Germany and it's an old hotel but I absolutely expected a better response. It was 35° outside and must have been 40° in the rooms. Also, this has nothing to do with the hotel, but a guest in the elevator decided to make a comment about there being 40 million German women to choose from and why couldn't I do that. My wife is Taiwanese. I can only assume he thought I didn't understand German, but I do.

Everything else was just ok, but the response from the night staff and the racist guest ruined it for my wife and I.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

Great location and well setup rooms, Close to public...

Had to leave 😂

Great location and well setup rooms, Close to public transport and restaurants but they also have great food and a well laid out bar onsite.

Bathrooms weren't cleaned properly. Staff is rude and not supportive. We asked them few questions but were only told no idea.

Nice room with very comfortable beds, Big bathroom and good air conditioning.

Avoid this self catering room disguised as a hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

There is nothing to like the property, this is not a hotel it is actually a self catering room because for everything we had to go to reception I think it is extremely understaffed and the staff is also not very helpful. Our room's air conditioner was not working and it was a very hot day in Frankfurt but staff was not aware that the ac is not working after few trips down to reception we could get another room. The only good thing is it is just opposite to a tram/train station so if you are visiting outside Frankfurt its easier to get to station as station is not really walking distance.

free water bottle and next to tram

• Double or Twin Room

The trains are loud at night but keep the windows closed and you are fine. Definitely manageable for the price and convenience of transport.

Great location. Room was crazy huge. Pretty sure we got an upgraded room but it was lovely.

Very good, but mean.
    • Double or Twin Room

A complimentary bottle of water was provided in the room upon arrival, as expected in a hotel of this class. When it wasn't replaced on day 2 when they room was serviced we enquired about it and we were told only one bottle was complimentary per stay, not per night, and it would be €4 per bottle thereafter. Very mean!! We wondered had we booked 3 separate stays of 1 night each, could we have had a new bottle each day for free?? Also our booking said late check-out was available. When we enquired about this, we were informed it would be charged at €10 per hour. Again very mean spirited. For a hotel with so much going for it, we wouldn't stay again with such mean-spiritedness A bit noisy especially in rooms on the side next to train lines.

Location next to train station, direct link to airport, close to the Dom. Good breakfast.

Perfect location within walking distance of the city center.
    • Double or Twin Room

I asked to have a quiet room and was given a room at the back of the hotel which looks directly over all the trains coming in and out from Köln... It was like a train drives through your room every 10 mins.. Not amused at all.

Perfect location within walking distance of the city center. The breakfast was very good.

Great Value of Money
    • Double or Twin Room

The noise from the train that comes and goes. But doesn’t really affecting our sleep. Since we always back to hotel really late .

It’s close to city center and the train station. Easy to access every corner of Cologne since the hotel located next to the train station. The staffs are friendly and helpful

1. The Breakfast is abundant.
    • Double or Twin Room

1. The bathroom insides the room is not good design and easy to cause water flooded after shower. 2. One of the reception staff is somewhat unfriendly. 3. I used my credit card to reserve the room for my colleague. However, when my colleague is ahead one day to check out, the room fee of my colleague was charged to my credit card due to the carelessness of reception staff.

1. The Breakfast is abundant. 2. The hotel location is just besides the S-Bahn & U-Bahn (Hansaring), even walking, it just spends around 10~15 minutes to reach Koln Hbf and Koln Dom

I asked for an invoice with VAT, but reception staff was too busy. They told me they would email me that same day the document in PDF. So far, I haven't received anything yet.

Nice location and confortable hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

I was surprised that the staff was unable to understand english and answer clearly. Is not Cologne an international city ? I was really surprised, recruit people speaking english please.

The hotel price and confort value were okay. Hotel is nice and well located.

Wonderful and accomodating. Close to what we wanted to see.
    • Double or Twin Room

It would be nice if the smokers were a little further away from the entrance as the smell tends to go into the entryway.

Beds were very comfy and the breakfast plentiful and delicious.i would stay there again in a heart beat.

The front desk staff were amazingly helpful.
    • Double or Twin Room

In-room coffee makers would have been nice, but there is a bakery/coffee shop right across the street.

As a result of a slight misunderstanding on my part when I originally booked the rooms, we did not end up with accommodations for the children (three under 4 yrs. travelling with us plus our son and daughter-in-law). I already felt the rooms we booked were a good value, but when the staff upgraded us to adjoining family-style rooms for only an additional $30/night, I was extremely delighted with the resulting rooms and came away feeling like we got an even better value for our money.

For short stay hotel is perfect, but check rooms location before order if you want sleep during stay
    • Double or Twin Room

- Very noisy outside rooms surroundings, so we slept very bad (floor 3) There a lot of trains runs during the night (50meter from the hotel window), so when windows are opened sleep is not possible. - Air Condition was not working, so we opened window for fresh air, but didn't slept due very noisy street.

Hotel is good to stay: - room about 35+m2 - enough big - bathroom about 10+m2 A lot of things for your clothes you need you can find from the room. Beds were not so soft as we expected, but stay for 1 night is ok. Excellent location - 10 min to the Cathedral (center gare).

Overpriced for what it is.
    • Double or Twin Room

The service left a lot to be desired, the safe didn't work, staff said they would bring bathrobes - they didn't etc etc.

The location is very handy and the hotel has so much potential. The Ironing room is a brilliant idea and the sauna is a bonus.

Pleasant

The room was to the rear of the building which overlooks the approach to the Main Station and the trains are noisy

Breakfast, Size of room, TV Channels

Very good breakfast.

We booked a silent room from the homepage and first got a noisy one, but after our request they changed it.

Very good breakfast. Close to the U bahn and S bahn.

Good Hotel, few things missing.
    • Double or Twin Room

There was no coffee and tea facilities in the room for some reason. No extra pillows and no iron board. You had to go a little room on the 5th floor to use the 1 iron in the building.

The location is great, just outside a train station north of the city centre. 10 minute walk into centre, 5 minute walk to local bars and restaurants. Hotels clean and modern and staff are polite and speak great English.

Unsatisfactory online sales practice and poor customer service marred our experience of this hotel.

Two big issues impacted on our perception of this hotel: 1) Incorrect advertising / selling of rooms via internet booking completely unnecessarily doubled the cost of our stay. Both bookings.com and the hotel's own web site showed that there were no triple / family rooms available during our stay. We had to book 2 rooms to accommodate our family of 3. On check-in, we were allocated 2 large rooms, each with a queen size bed plus a double sofa bed. We would have comfortably fitted into one of these! When we pointed this out to reception and offered to vacate one of the two rooms, the response was a shrug and a superficial apology, but no offer of a refund or any other attempt to make good on the dishonest / incorrect online booking information. Very poor! 2) On check-out, we unfortunately left behind some items. Reported this to the hotel and asked for help with retrieving the items. Were told by housekeeping that "there was nothing left in the rooms" and nothing further could be done. This was untrue. We KNOW what we left behind; it's not a matter of "I don't remember where I lost this, could be in the hotel". It was definitely in the hotel room. Yes - a silly mistake on our part. But in most reputable hotels around the world this kind of follow-up call would result in friendly assistance to return the items. As among the items was a piece of jewellery of modest material but significant sentimental value, this experience has left a lasting bad aftertaste. We will not be returning to Azimut Cologne. We won't be booking Azimut anywhere else, nor recommend it to family or friends. A pity, as the property has many good features to recommend it.

Hotel location is convenient, facilities good, rooms are generously sized, staff are ok but do not make a particular effort to provide service.

Never again

Broken shower: could not wash myself before a business meeting. 180€/night "discount rate" for that?! Also, it was evidently broken: how do they clean the bathroom? Rooms look like they came from a Colombo episode: please go to IKEA and buy some furniture from this century! 60's furniture is extremely cool, but old furniture is just terrible. The provided WiFi is a joke. Staff kept saying "so: everything OK, right?" at checkout because of the people behind me in the line. "Nice" view on the terrible courtyard: well worth the rate (not).

It's near a train station: that's all.

A very nice hotel large room very clean good staff and very...
    • Double or Twin Room

No kettle in the room in a four star hotel and the bar was closed on Sunday

A very nice hotel large room very clean good staff and very good position for the city centre

Wifi does not work at all.

Wifi does not work at all. It's simply not fast enough and when the Hotel is busy you can't even access GMAIL. I had to use my 4G phone as it was much faster and more reliable.

Luke warm showers in the mornings, ironing room on another...
    • Double or Twin Room

Luke warm showers in the mornings, ironing room on another level instead of iron in your own room, terrible WiFi, bad lighting in the room and some lights not working, washing came back a day late and we got someone else’s socks.

Was good and would definitely stay again
    • Double or Twin Room

We were near the rail way line so you could hear trains coming and going all through the night. The bathroom light also broke so we had to get ready in the dark because the hall way lighting has also gone.

The breakfast was very good and the rooms were so spacious.

Definitely not my choice or recommend for a hotel!
    • Double or Twin Room

-Too close to train station, can’t get peaceful sleet at night with the train noises. -the room is spacious while cold, since it was furnished plain. -they don’t have king size bed, even the comforters are very small like a stamp. -the reception doesn’t feel like a hotel reception, more like a building reception. -in Booking price, it said 5% City tax was included which I forgot, so when I checked out, I was asked to pay City Tax and I did. -the bathroom is clean but old. I have higher expectation because the price is 200+ Euros per night. The hotel is not in that level at all.

Very close to metro station. Everything seems clean. Staff are fine, I don’t want to put them down.

Poor
    • Double or Twin Room

Booked rooms for 4 adults and 2 children one aged 8 one aged 12 We was given 2 double rooms 2 adults in one room 2 adult and 2 children in another room I had to pay extra to change rooms so the children could sleep in a bed each and us adults had to sleep on a sofa bed When I took the booking I expected at least a bed for the children to sleep in even if it ment one of them slept in the other double room We was told by hotel reception that due to the age of the children they expect the children to sleep in the double bed with us Assuming that each pair of adults had a child each wen this wasn't the case Also when I carried out booking I specifically asked for beds for the children and asked for early check in I think £300 for 2 double rooms and expecting children to sleep in the same bed is disgusting and then have the cheek to charge me €20 more for a bigger room just so the children could have a sleep

Location next to train station

Good location, rooms need some updating and extra care
    • Deluxe Double Room

Air con didn’t work, seems to be an ongoing problem, had to change rooms 4x on a precious stay, the time once. Sofa had many stains, tv is too small for the size of the room, fridge needs updating.

Very spacious room, comfortable bed , quiet room

Fantastic, relaxed pre-Christmas trip
    • Double or Twin Room

There was considerable noise from other guests, but this may have been due to it being full and very near Christmas.

The room was immaculate, with a lovely large bathroom. The bed were comfortable and the breakfast was divine. As we were staying on Christmas Eve a chocolate Santa was left outside our room for my son, which was a lovely touch.

Functional, but don't expect anything more

The hotel has absolutely no charm. The whole place is grey and devoid of any warmth. For the price, was expecting something different.

The location was great and the hotel itself clean

Nice rooms, not so nice location.
    • Double or Twin Room

WiFi was terribly slow. Feel unsafe walking around the area in which it is located. Breakfast is very pricey.

Nice big rooms. Beds are comfortable enough. Great shower. One stop from main train station.

Great modern downtown hotel.
    • Double or Twin Room

Great modern downtown hotel. Location downtown was little far walk to some of center historic more tourist parts of town, but it worked out ok. Hotel itself with great rooms & neat design, very spacious

Comfortable and central spot near to the motorway.
    • Double or Twin Room

Parking was not cheap, but it was convenient, I can see it being a challenge to park in the summer. Arriving at night, the walk to the cathedral and centre was a little uncomfortable down some dark streets, but we didn't feel in danger.

The hotel is situated a short walk from the cathedral and main centre of Köln. The room was spacious and comfortable and they served a decent breakfast. Staff were friendly, spoke decent English to help compensate for my poor German and explained everything clearly.

Great location, great restaurants nearby as well as local bakeries. Shame about little things.
    • Double or Twin Room

No kettle / coffee making facilities in room. 2.50 Euros for a small cup of coffee from reception. Worst part though was being lied to about check out time (was told it was 11am as opposed to midday) and it would cost 10 Euro per hour if we wanted to stay later. Also disturbed by windows cleaner at 5pm one evening (when trying to relax in room) and also by room service at 10am despite having a do not disturb sign on the door. Thought that 15 Euros for breakfast was also an excessive amount.

Great wifi (streamed netflix with no issue) and lovely room.

Disappointed.

Reception here is small & it felt cold, the decor is out of date. The hotel is dark, inappropriate lighting in the room, (no central ceiling light), central lift & staircase is also dark. Room smelt fusty & the description of a refrigerator should be: mini-bar!

Breakfast staff happy to oblige with simple requests.

50/50

Staff was very un cooperative. Rooms are too big and sometimes it is hard to keep them warm. Towel was not changed and even they put back the same towel. I was surprised how cleaning people did not see that towel has to be changed.

Location is perfect. Close the Hansaring stop and easy to get into city center

Good price for the location

WiFi was very slow. Could not stream videos. Bed was to small compared to the size of the room. I would have preferred a larger bed. Entrance difficult to find. Up the stairs right next to Saturn, the entrance/door is on the side and not clearly visible from the street.

The rooms are large. I had a single room and for the size, I wished the bed would have been a little bit larger. I think it was only a single size (90cm?) bed. Everything was clean, furniture standard maybe a bit dated for my taste but o.k. The light could have been a bit more cozy. My room was facing away from the train station so it was quiet. The location is perfect, its only one train stop from the City center and I probably could have walked if the weather hadn't been better and the train runs all the way to the airport which was very convenient. Its also in walking distance to the Master & More fair. Overall a good hotel and price for the location. We had breakfast at the baking shop close by and I got a sandwich with salami, a danish and a coffee for under 5 Euro.

A marvelous experience!
    • Double or Twin Room

Maybe the price of a breakfast could be more friendly. We did not have the breakfast for 19 Our per person. We had breakfast in the city (very near) for 20 Eur for 3 persons at a local coffee/baker shop

The parking is cheap, easy to acces. The rooms are extremely large for the value. Good service, nice personnel, clean rooms and baths. And most important, clean and good beds! What a wonderfulp experience! THANK YOU STAFF and THANK YOU AZIMUTH!

Not good!
    • Double or Twin Room

I booked for 2 nights but had to alter my plans, so end up paying for 2 nights, only having one night there. I find that incredibly poor customer service and will not use the hotel again, nor will I ever recommend

The hotel in it self was fine, you score does not reflect my ;level of dissatisfaction, so change your ratings please

Infra red light in the bathroom, perfect location, you don’t...

Very expensive parking, room was dusty, shower head could not be mounted towards you, bed not comfortable, light switches on weird place (exactly behind the pillow)

Infra red light in the bathroom, perfect location, you don’t hear the trains/cars although everything close by, parking easy, make up mirror

I've got what I expected

Don't remember.

Hotel is located in 1 min walk from Hansaring station which is hub for suburban trains (S-line) which is good for reaching other city locations, some other cities and central station (however it is located in about 10-15 min walk). You wanna get what you expect from 4-star hotel.

Perfect location
    • Double or Twin Room

The room 237 is very disturbing and noisy by trains as it is adjacent to the tracks also with windows all around the room is cold and the heater is not working at all although a small heater was provided on request,

The Break Fast was nice. Location is perfect as close to railway station only 5 minutes walk then to market only 10 minutes walk . Otherwise nothing great about the hotel in terms of charge. Decent restaurants nearby.

Ostblock retro in the centre of Köln

The receptionist was not empowered to help customers. I booked three rooms for me and my two colleagues and put my credit card as a guarantee. All rooms were charged to my credit card and I asked to change it, such that the bills of my colleagues are charged to their credit cards. The receptionist kept arguing that Booking.com conditions do not include it. I asked for a manager, he was not available, the receptionist was not empowered nor motivated to solve the problem, so we had to leave without being helped. The room rate was exceptionally high at 300€ per night (normally 74€), no breakfast no parking included. The receptionist was not able to explain the reason of this price. The overall impression from the facility is cold, rooms are outdated, decoration resembles Ostblock hotels in 70s. Free WiFi is hardly functional, extremely slow. My attempt to purchase paid WiFi failed. Overall unpleasant, bitter impression. We were not satifsied and nobody seemed to care. I do not recommend this place.

Room was clean, bed was OK.

Clean, friendly staff, spacious room, professional...

Staying at the back side of the hotel I could hear the trains which were loud and ran through most of the night and woke me a couple of times. Would have been fine if I'd known in advance to bring ear-plugs.

Clean, friendly staff, spacious room, professional atmosphere. Great that they had a vegetarian sandwich available for room service.

Poor value for money - there are better places near by.

The rooms are okay, but extremely spartan and poorly decorated - lighting very harsh, sparsely decorated with the minimum of lower quality furniture. Fluorescent lighting was very harsh, the bathroom felt like an operating room in a hospital. And the most annoying part... the Wi-Fi was painfully slow - it took forever to load simple web pages, if they loaded at all. When I finally called the front desk to complain, I was told it was because the hotel was full, and that I should buy the high speed connection for €7.00 per day. For a hotel that caters to business people, this is absolutely unacceptable. Given what I paid for the room (it was during a trade fair) it was very poor value for money.

Location is very convenient, good part of town.

hotel is right behind railway station and our room was...
    • Double or Twin Room

hotel is right behind railway station and our room was facing the daily day/night time train commuting. It was too noisy for someone with sensible sleep!

Moyen

Staff is not friendly the area is very noisy as the hotel is juste near to the train station :( Breakfast is not Good enough for a 4 stars hotel :(

Good location, but a little pricey for what you get.
    • Double or Twin Room

Quite expensive for what it is. We booked a twin room and the staff said the beds could be separated, but due to the layout of the furniture it was only possible to move them about 2 inches apart..! The room was advertised as twin beds on Booking.com, but only when you have paid does it say they you may get a twin or a double.

Good location. Especially if you are travelling by train as it is right next to a station. Rooms have air con and wifi. Friendly staff.

Enjoyable stay and staff pleasant and helpful and handy for public transport
    • Double or Twin Room

No lounge to sit in if bar closed tea and coffee in room not topped up and poor tea selection

No hot water for 24 hours but did get discount for this and upgrade on return

Great place, practical for business, large rooms. Quality amenities and design.
    • Double or Twin Room

It's near train lines, but the hotel is kinda sound proof enough, so depending of where you rooms are. Not an issue for me what ever the locations.

2sd trip to that hotel (every year for GamesCom) Great location. Price were a little hight (180e) but all hotel boost their price for GC. Modern, clean very large rooms. I enjoy staying there.

I will be back.

It was good value for money , also very close to train station.

The reception staff were very friendly, the room was spacious and clean with room service daily.

not impressed
    • Double or Twin Room

unwelcoming night staff without a smile or an interest in proper check-in procedures since i had to remind him giving me a copy of card payment slip, room smelt of some kind of bad parfume, also house keeping knocking on door at 9am the next morning and she entered the room too after which she apologised

near city center

Excellent modern hotel and great value for the quality!

The only aspect that was a negative was the WIFI which was low bandwidth and I could not work from my room. I had to tether my MacBook to my phone's LTE to get a stable connection to my remote office. This really is something any hotel should be offering to a high standard in 2017.

This is an excellent modern hotel in perfect location near a major U-Bahn station and only 15 mins walk from the main Hauptbahnof. The Hotel is in an iconic building and surrounded by amenities. The bed was very comfortable, the room large and well furnished and even though at the back of the hotel where the trainline goes past, the windows were soundproofed adequately. There as a complimentary bottle of water, staff were really polite and efficient and my room was spotlessly clean. I would stay in this hotel without hesitation next time I am in Cologne.

Good location and parking.
    • Double or Twin Room

Residents' Bar and Lounge closed. Breakfast served 1/2 hour late because it was a public holiday.

Secure multi-storey parking. Public transport 100 yards away - Cathedral one stop on 'Tram' (actually more like a Train).

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

Comfortable with a great location
    • Double or Twin Room

A kettle in the room would have been a welcome addition.

The room was big and well furnished. The bathroom had a great shower and the water stayed at a constant tempeture, what a pleasure.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

A very pleasant short stay in the heart of Cologne
    • Double or Twin Room

Some minor weaknesses/issues: - Low speed wi-fi (however it is stable) - We spend 5-10 minutes to "discover" where the AC (electricity) power sockets are! They are somehow "hidden" below the bedside tables. - We would prefer to be offered a bottle of still water, instead of a sparkling one; or at least to have the option.

We were very satisfied with our stay at this hotel. I even think it is underrated according to its current review score in booking.com. Very large and comfortable room, with relatively high ceiling, modern design, comfortable armchairs and wide bed. The bathroom was also very nice and the number and quality of the complimentary (offered) products (a bottle of water, slippers, toiletries, etc) were indicative that the hotel takes care to satisfy the guests. The parking (at an extra charge though) was also very convenient.

I sure I look for this plays again

I don't have have samthing to say not was good all exaland

Everything very nice hotel little out for out I Ben looking for. Bud all wass perfect everything from the room to the nice friendly staff the confendans in it room 2i don't have samthing to 4 hours reception very friendly over rolls all was very very good

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

Very good hotel

I changed rooms after the first night to move into a shared room and then I couldn't get the wifi to work, but the first night it was fine and fast!

The hotel was located just near the s-bahn and u-bahn, which would make it very easy to get around, but we walked everywhere and only used the train to get to the airport. While the street in front of the hotel was pretty bare, it was walking distance to the main sights in the city. The immediate area is mostly big businesses or residential, so we walked about 10 minutes to get food/drink at a place recommended by the receptionist at the hotel. It was delicious and - nb - they'll keep replacing your empty beer until you put your coaster on top of the glass. Beware! The hotel called a big taxi for the eight of us one day, which was super helpful. The hotel was large and quiet, and breakfast was very good. Two thumbs up. The "single" room I stayed in was massive, with two single beds and a pull out couch all prepared to sleep four. A very pleasant surprise! We were there for a conference, so I shouldn't be surprised at the price, but I would've expected it to be right in the city centre or have breakfast included for the cost.

Poor value for the money

Water leaming from the shower cabin. Internet quite poor regarding speed. A strange red light in the bathroom... And no heating, even if I set the air conditioning to 28 degrees. Railway real close to the hotel, I used ear plugs.

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

Location is very good, near to train station.

There is no lobby as you enter inside, the bar was closed all days, room service not very good, would be better if they'v changed toiletries and bathrobes every day.

Location is very good, near to train station. Staff is kind and helpful

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

Central location, but without a lobby.
    • Double or Twin Room

There is no lobby to sit and wait for someone or until your room is prepared during check-in.

The rooms were very large. It was a central location, just next to Hansaring subway/train station. In the city centre.