Reviews of B&B Hotel Frankfurt Hahn-Airport

Gebäude 619, 55483 Lautzenhausen, Germany

#6 of 7 hotels in Lautzenhausen

Excellent location for an early flight

No tea/coffee in room. I’m sure there was last time we stayed. Only one plug socket in the room and no where near a mirror to do my hair

Friendly check in, close proximity to airport terminal

Great location, very quiet despite being beside the airport

Broken toilet, no one on reception to inform about it and phone had no one at the other end.

Great location, very quiet despite being beside the airport

Location in front of the airport, just cross the street.

Location in front of the airport, just cross the street. And it also is beside the parking for the rental agencies, so it is a great location to get from Spain or anywhere to Germany and get your car hire.

Unfortunately my flight was delayed and because of that I...

Unfortunately my flight was delayed and because of that I arrived pretty late to Germany (at 00:00). Immediately after receiving a message about delay from my flight company, I contacted property in order to ask whether if it is still possible to check-in approximately at 00:00. I received an answer that the check in is opened until midnight and after midnight people have to check in only in the check-in machine located between the doors of the hotel. So I did. I received my room number and a code for the door. When I opened the door of my room i was completely shocked - the room was completely dirty and looked like somebody still lives there. The whole room was messy. I was pretty shocked and tried to call to the phone numbers that were left next to the check in Maschine. Finally I got the emergency probe number and tried to explain my problem to a girl. She did not understand the problem, because I was talking in English. A local woman tried to help me and explained the problem in German, so the girl finally understood what happened and came to the hotel to give us another room. Fortunately the girl came very quickly, but she demonstrated how annoyed she was. Such a negative experience at this hotel. There are some pictures that I attached to this feedback. I was recording a video while entering the room, so here are some pictures from the video.

Was Fine.

Frankfurt Hann is nowhere near Frankfurt . Its a two hour bus ride from Frankfurt and its in the middle of nowhere. This is fine as long as you know that up front but I suspect some people are being conned by Ryan Air's BS

2 minute walk from the arrival gate. Clean comfortable and reasonably quiet. About a fifth of the price of a room at Frankfurt International and the flights are cheap so could be worth the 2 hour bus ride.

Ideal airport stopover right opposite the terminal

Friendly greeting and information about facilities on offer passed on to us. Room fresh and clean and just opposite the terminal building. Breakfast available and food also on offer in the terminal building. Bus stop outside and parking available

Late Check-in Worked Perfectly

The property is just a few steps from the terminal. No ground transportation required. Anticipating a late arrival we requested instructions for late check-in. At 2 in the morning we entered the vestibule, used the electronic interface (like an atm), and were in our room in minutes. The instructions were multilingual, clear and simple. Very well done! Noon check-out.

Perfect for transit through Frankfurt Hahn

Modern, clean, comfortable hotel opposite the terminal building at Frankfurt Hahn (I think we counted 27 paces across the road!) Perfect ‘transit’ hotel. Basic but excellent value for money.

Convenient location to overnight inbetween flights.
    • Family Room

Due to location, it’s always noise from the street. Buses, people, suitcases, taxis, there is always something. With closed windows you can’t hear it, but with open window, it’s like you sleep in the middle of bus station.

Hotel is literally a few steps from airport. This is the best part of this hotel - whenever you arrive, you don’t need any taxi, bus, train, etc. Just step outside airport and you there. We booked triple room, got room with 1 double bed (it’s quite small for double), and 2 bunk beds. Reception is working only until 24:00, if you come later, there is self-checkin. Didn’t try it, hope it’s working well. Would recommend this hotel for short overnight staying, no more.

We arrived after midnight and had to enter via the automat.

We arrived after midnight and had to enter via the automat. Everything functioned perfectly. Furthermore, there is a drink and snacks dispenser with (for a hotel) very moderate prices, so we had the luxury of having a beer and a wine at this late hour

Comfortable & convenient

We really were not sure where to park, so we went to P2, when you can park right behind the hotel. Please add that to your hotel description!

Super convenient for an early morning flight!!!

Perfect for a good night's sleep after a late arrival at the airport.

No problems.

Perfect hotel for a late arrival at Frankfurt Haan Airport. Good value and all we needed for a good night's sleep before picking up a hire car in the morning.

We stayed just for a night and left before breakfast.
    • Family Room

WiFi was a bit spotty but worked for us.

We stayed just for a night and left before breakfast. Location is very good just opposite the airport. We paid the day before and in the morning just left and that was it. There are not really many flights at night so noise was not a problem.

The hotel and room were clean.

The hotel and room were clean. I have requested a quite room and I receive it. The hotel is just across the street from the airport, so arriving late in the night is okay.

Found the WiFi signal not too good.

We did not have breakfast at the hotel. We have stayed here before with no problems. Very convenient for the airport.

Fantastic location, in front of airport.
    • Family Room

Fantastic location, in front of airport. Great for children. Room is very clean and bed is comfy. Its quiet. Receptionist is very friendly and speaks English also, which is great!

you could view landing and take off of flights! :)

All was GREAT!

Extremely nice location - just few steps (!!!) from terminal (across the road). New building, furniture. There is a lot of space in each room. SUPER VIEW to landing / take off of aircraft :))) Helpful and polite staff. Tasty breakfast.

They fully charged my credit card regarding of paying cash...

They fully charged my credit card regarding of paying cash at the hotel when I checked in. Basically, I was double xhaeged. It's not fair

Great for early morning flights
    • Family Room

Wi-Fi didn't work for us. No printer available. Room was very small

Location was great. Literally right across the street. Room had AC and was kept cool. Perfect hotel for 1 night stay if you have an early flight. Would not recommend if you need to stay longer as rooms are very small with bare basics.

Excellent value for money

Nothing - I was grateful to have a room for the night .

It was clean, comfortable and just across from the airport . The receptionist was welcoming and friendly . No need to check out so could leave early for flight.

Conveniently located across the street from Hahn airport...

Nothing really. It’s just a place where you crash for one night, and it has been set up as such, so you know what you should expect from it.

Conveniently located across the street from Hahn airport terminal. Very practical if you need to a catch a plane early in the morning.

Everything was perfect. Would recommend to anyone.

Everything exceeded the standard.

The hotel was in a perfect location right next the frankfurt Hahn airport. The discounted parking at the garage was fantastic and saved us a lot of money.

Basic hotel but pricey overnight stay

It was a bit pricy for what is a pretty basic hotel. There weren't even any tea or coffee making facilities in the room. At €54 a night it could've at least had this.

Location was perfect as its right across the road from the airport exit. It was clean & comfortable & staff were friendly. Ideal for a late flight arrival & for an overnight stay.

Passable

Reception staff grumpy

Ideal location for a early morning flight. But if we were to do a early morning flight again we would stay back in town in a nice hotel, have a nice dinner and arrange a early morning transfer. This hotel did serve its purpose as ideal location to airport. Your can buy cafe food at the airport. I suppose after staying in the Mosel area in nice hotels it's not the way to end your experience.

The staff was so professional and kind!
    • Family Room

The air conditioning did not work, so we all were pretty hot and couldn’t sleep much.

The staff was so professional and kind! The location was perfect!

Good service at the reception
    • Family Room

Do not take room 508! It has a completely outdated snd broken airconditioning system. Even if it is off, it turns on with a terrible sound, meaning you will be woken up every hour during the night!

Good service at the reception

I would stay here next time while waiting for a plane.

Air conditioning was out if order and it was stuffy to sleep with windows closed.and imposible to sleep with windows open.Internet connection was baaad!

The location is greatfor those who are waiting for a change plane. Tge room is very clean, there is soap and shampoo. Veru quiet if the windows are closed. The breakfast is for extra money but looked good.

Super-close to the terminal, good parking
    • Family Room

There are no cot for babies, and the bed is not that comfortable. The room was fairly clean, but this aspect could be improved.

Parking at P1 came with the same price as the P3 if you spend at least one night in the hotel. Just 20 meters away from the terminal!

Excellent value for money!

Great location, easy check-in and check-out process even during the night, clean room with comfortable bed, very good sound insulation. I will definitely go back!

Once assess was obtained and we recieved the correct room entry card. I was happy with the hotel.

When i arrived the door would not open to access the hotel. The booking in did not give the correct room and i was unable to enter. I had to ring someone to come and give me another room number and at 12 o'clock midnight all i wanted to do was go to bed. I suggest you have reception there for another hour to allow people to speak to someone instead of having to muck about at that time of night. The reception should be there till the last plane has arrived. There were many other guests with the same problem as us.

Location to airport, clean rooms.

Excellent choice.

Just a small issue: you might get bored because there were no English TV channels, WiFi signal in the room was not so good.

Right across the terminal - excellent for a late night/early morning flight. Everything is clean. Bed is comfortable. Good value for money.

Perfect overnight stop.

I can't think of anything I didn't like.

Very good location, perfect if you are flying from HHN in the early morning, very quiet room - I couldn't hear any aircraft, the guy on reception was very helpful in getting this dinosaur reviewer onto their free Wi-Fi. The bed was comfortable and in general this hotel has all you need.

perfect location if you arrive late at hahn airport.

perfect location if you arrive late at hahn airport. easy to find. easy to check-in. room was clean, spacious. very good soundproofing, no airport noise at all.

The wifi was not working super well and I would suggest to avoid to pay extra money for the breakfast.

This hotel is located just in front to the aiport and it is a good option due to the limited transport connection to Frankfurt Hahn. Clean and comfort room.

Never again !

I came here with my mum for one night and one night just myself. Just explore around while waiting for our flights. Guy who was working at the reception at the time was ok , everything else was absolutely mess. Wi-Fi ("free WIFI in all areas ") wasn't working longer that 15 minutes all together so we had to come to the reception to use it anytime we need it , which is disaster to promote something you don't have. Room was so dirty that I didn't feel like taking the shower. Code on the door is pain in the ass because sensor is so bad that no matter if you will pee yourself in the pants you have to go to the reception to restart your code And couple of times like that. Value for money is nothing because the same price we found later.on room in hotel Fortuna where service was lovely just like dinner that we didn't have I'm our hotel. Ladies in accommodation and cleaning so bad since they sometimes even wouldn't finish knocking they would start opening the door so one of them saw me changing , Just in my underwear because I didn't manage to say not to open the door and she was already in. This is the worst place I stayed so far.

Breakfast was good.

Terrible welcome.... after a long flight I was received with an unfriendly "Was?" by the the check i

Terrible welcome.... after a long flight I was received with an unfriendly "Was?" by the the check-in girl who seemed to be in a terrible hurry to leave work and therefore could not be bodered to welcome a paying customer

Directly outside the airport - quite good

Hotel across the street from the airport.

We arrived rather late the night before our flight and had to go through a self check in prompt which took some time to do. The hotel does not have a check in person late at night so the front door is locked and you have to go through a series of prompts to pay and get a key code to allow you in the building. Luckily we arrived late and did not hold up any one in line to check in.

We loved how close to the Frankfurt Hahn airport the hotel was, it was literally right across the street. With our stay we also received a discount for using the P1 parking which we were able to pay at the hotel the morning before our flight.

Asy

As I said above, my arrival for my booked room was late, I was astounded to find the place apparently locked and barred with no staff on duty. On further examination I found an ill lit small room open with some electronic gadgetry which told me that there was no such booking in my name amongst other annoying traits. I was nor alone in having difficulty which took myself and another man more than 30 minutes to solve!!!!

The hotel is beautifully situated just across the road from the airport buildings which is ideal when my arrival - due 2330 -but an hour late ;leaves one otherwise stranded.ON arrival and leaving I had no contact with staff.

It's a location suitable for one stay before or after a...

It's a location suitable for one stay before or after a flight. For that, it fits perfectly. You just have to cross the street - and there you are for check-in! The hotel only offers B&B, but within the terminal there are some restaurants etc. - So, for the reason mentioned above, it's perfect!

Convenient for early morning flight and cheap parking.

The staff at the desk were helpful and willing to answer questions. Parking across the street from the airport was discounted since we booked with the hotel. We stayed here because we had an early flight in the morning so I recommend staying here for convenience.

Good place to stay for an early morning flight, just make sure it's not above kitchen/reception.

I think they must have booked us right above the kitchen or reception office because it was very, very noisy below.

We stay here every time we have an early morning flight. Rooms are clean and comfortable. Plus, it is a 2 minute walk to the terminal.

Amazing distance away for the early flight we had the next...

Room smelt of cigar smoke & self check in was a little weird. Other than that, all fine!

Amazing distance away for the early flight we had the next morning. Bus stop oposite. With McDonald’s & subway accessible inside the airport. Staff very polite and room was spotless. (Forgot to take photos)

So convenient for early departures

Even though it would probably have been nice, the breakfast seemed a bit steeply priced at 8.5 euros. You can get a cheap coffee from the vending machine and then a croissant from the airport for less than half that cost.

So convenient for the early flight we had to take. Very good value for money and peaceful. We arrived relatively late but there are plenty of places to eat in the airport and the hotel provides a very reasonably priced vending machine for hot drinks, soups, beers etc. The room was comfortable enough for a one night stay.

Super convenient to get to the airport
    • Family Room

The rooms were super small and cramped. The room would get so stuffy because there was no air circulation. We tried opening the window but then the smell of smoke just came in from all the smokers outside by the airport.

Super convenient to get to the airport

Does what it says on tin.

Coffee and tea making facilities in the room would be nice. But there is a vending machine near reception, so it was not a big problem. The Wi-Fi was hard to connect to. I had to call a special help number to get connected. The reception over all were fine but didn't seem to have a great system for storing suitcases and bags. But these are minor gripes, over all its a perfect value for money choice.

Does what it says on tin. Ideal location, nice and clean. Very good value I got by room for 49 Euros without breakfast. Ample sized room and bathroom, and the bedroom and was noise free inside.

A convenient , no frills stay that was extremey let down by poor wifi.
    • Family Room

My main complaint was that the Wifi was terrible to stay connected to. I planned to catch u on work/ emails but just gave up after many attempts. Our family room may have been next to some major pipes as there was a constant noise similar to a toilet trying to fill up.

The hotel was so convenient for an early morning (0600) flight out of Hahn airport. I also like that the family room had bunk beds for the kids and was very clean.

Great place to stay before an early flight.

The only negative was the window in our room, air was coming through and was quite noisy through the night

Great place to stay before an early flight. Very clean and easy!

The hotel's location made my morning flight super easy.
    • Family Room

There are a limited amount of electric plugs in the rooms for charging multiple devices.

The hotel is a great location for an early morning flight out of Frankfurt-Hahn airport.

Rooms small but very well designed, Very clean, Bed...

Rooms small but very well designed, Very clean, Bed comfortable. Breakfast , considering the prize, offered good choise. Perfect were the boiled eggs!

Recommended, perfect for airport and stop over.

We booked 2 rooms from booking.com and used automatic check-in machine. It couldn't find our second room and nobody around to help. It took us a while to find the second room. (you must enter the information by your name not booking.com. --first room with booking.com log in. second room with first name log in.

great location for the airport. Just walk there in 2 minutes. no noisy from runway. lot of space for parking. I really recommend. We arrived after midnight and it was ok. We got the rooms.

Nice bed and very clean room

Automatic reception is not a good idea for clients who arrive by delayed flights at night, especially if the dates changes. Happened to us from 24 to 25 of march.

Nice bed and very clean room

Very clean, linen is new, next to the airport, spacious room...

A little bit high price per night per a person, breakfast not included

Very clean, linen is new, next to the airport, spacious room, check out is not required

Good for 1 night

Air conditioner was very noisy and was working by itself, not depending on switch on/off mode on the panel. In winter heating from conditioner is really poor. If you care about healthy food breakfast at this B&B is overpriced ('cos you pay actually just for eggs and veggies)

Close to the airport,just to cross the street. Comfy pillows, big bathroom, quiet room.

great location, in front of airport.

awful reception staff!!!! so RUDE and unfriendly, that’s destroyed nice hotel....

great location, in front of airport. very clean apartment, clean bed sheets

Best location, very convenient for an early flight, parking offer for hotel guests was unbeatable
    • Family Room

When we arrived the room was very cold, we turned on the heating system (air), and it took a while to get the room into a reasonable temperature (it was winter, temperatures below 0 in the outside)

The biggest perk was parking: 5.50 euro/day in the back of the hotel, just 25 metres from the terminal (compared to almost 20 euro if you are not a guest of the hotel). Very nice views of airport operations.

Great for a short stay for an overnight - early morning flight

We were concerned as when we were leaving a group of gentlemen had been waiting for over 2 hours for entrance into the hotel. The code they were given and the number provided outside was incorrect. We had to let them in and this is a little disconcerting for us and for them. If this had happened to us, I would have been very disappointed. An alternative to early flights would be a breakfast pack given at check-in for those leaving before the 6 a.m. breakfast is served. Outlets to be by the bed - for phones, sleep apnea machines, etc.

The ease and convenience of being across the street from the airport. Our service and rooms were clean, comfortable and efficient. The price point was perfect for our short business stay before a flight. We were unable to have breakfast because of our early morning flight.

Best choice in that area

At the beginning our room was pretty cold and it took us a time to change it

Very clean and nice. Practically at the airport and everything for this price- nothing else to say.

The location is great, the hotel is right next to the...

It would be nice to have one blanket instead of two separate ones in a double room. There were no electricity sockets to plug a phone charger in next to the bed.

The location is great, the hotel is right next to the airport so it’s really convenient to stay for a night before the flight. The girl at the reception was nice and friendly and we liked that we didn’t need to do a check-out in the morning and could leave without a notice. Our room was super clean. Honestly, we didn’t expect that at all from the aiport hotel.

This hotel is a one minute walk from the airport.

This hotel is a one minute walk from the airport. Small but clean and nice room for a quick stay. The check in is electronic during certain hours and super easy and convenient. Well worth the money for being close to the airport!

Early Riser stop over.....

Room very stuffy and the water pipes made a lot of noise at night. Difficult to get a cup of tea without sugar at night as this option is not available from the machine.

Perfect location if one has an early flight from Frankfurt Hahn like we did. The code for the room doors is also quite a clever initiative.

Best stay after of before the flight at Frankfurt-Hahn

It's literally in front of the airport, just across the road. Breakfasts are available for additional fee. The room is clean and quite large, with 2 nightstands, a table and 2 soft stools. TV and WiFi are included, though TV has only a few channels in German only. Despite being close to the airport, it's totally quiet in the room when the window is closed.

CHEAP breakfast for child (just 3 EUR)
    • Family Room

We arrived late night (after midnight). It was extremely easy made self check-in. Room is clean and spacious. CHEAP breakfast for child (just 3 EUR). Highly recommended!

helpful staff and easy communication
    • Family Room

No 24h Reception, but you can arrive at any time (automatic access and payment process).

Easy communication with staff. Hotel located very close to airport.

Very good location for night stop between the flights.
    • Family Room

Room was clean, but there was very bad smell in the room. Two weeks before we did not have this problem in this hotel.

Very good location for night stop between the flights.

Perfect stay for night between flights.

There could be a teapot in rooms. Price could be smaller.

Perfect place when you need to wait for a flight. very close to the airport, comfortable bed, helpful staff.

Excellent location!

The bed was uncomfortable. It has never been the best comfort, this occasion was worse.

I have stayed at the B&B Hotel Frankfurt Hahn-Airport on a number of occasions and the location is excellent. Cross the road and the airport terminal is there! The vending machines are available for light snacks and a reasonable selection of hot and cold drinks. There are two fast food restaurants plus another eaterie with a selection of pastries, salads, soups, sandwiches, etc. located within the airport. There are also plenty of restaurants a short drive from the hotel.

direct at Frankfurt Hanh
    • Family Room

the room was cold and the heating was not that good.

location direct in the airport. It provides a family room but still small. This is standard B&B hotel.

basic, clean room, just across the road from the terminal.

No restaurant, so eating choices limited - it really is just a place to sleep

basic, clean room, just across the road from the terminal. For an early or late flight it's perfect. No restaurant, went to MD's in terminal and took it back to my room. Nothing else to do except sleep so no need to get there too early. Was offered a breakfast for around 8 euros but starts at 6am and needed to leave before then so can't comment on how it is.

Having the hotel so close to the airport was a great...

I could not connect to the wifi from our room. Because we arrived so late, I just let it go until I could get wifi in the morning.

Having the hotel so close to the airport was a great convenience allowing us to get comfortable and to sleep after our late arrival. In the morning we were able to have breakfast and get our rental car in a efficient manner.

We were there 11.

We were there 11.50 pm and there was nobody there, but the reception was already closed and the clock was turned to 12.00. Self check in was really public and everybody saw our personal information. We booked 2 rooms but the terminal gave us only 1 room and then it did not recognize our booking number and we needed to buy second room. The hotell help line was useless because it was on autoresponder and nobody got help from it. There was about 30 people in the self check in and we needed to wait about 1,5 hours and almost everybody had some kind of problem with it. Recommendation check in should stay open until the last flight or at least wait for little longer than 12.00. We don't recommend it to late night flight travelers.

Bizarre...

We hurry to arrive before 00:00 at front disk, but the staff was already away at 23:50 !!! Take care, if you make a reservation on booking.com and if you will arrive around midnight your booking will be cancelled!!! Just pray that there is still a free room .... and you can book on their door booking machine a new room! Stupid Hotel !

In front of the Airport ! That's all!

Good choice for a transit night

No hairdryer in the room, though you can borrow one at the reception at 10€ deposit.

Located just across the street at the arrival hall. There is quiet during the night, no noise from the airport.

Ideal pre-flight overnight stay, walking distance from the terminal!

The rooms could use more/better located outlets. The one that is in the living area is all the way across the room from the bed, so plugging in a phone/alarm is awkward. Having at least one outlet on the bedside table would be ideal.

The hotel's proximity to Frankfurt Hahn (FFH) superb! This is especially important when we must catch an early morning RyanAir flight.

Perfect location, modern and nice room

The parking entrance for 10min stay was 4€!!!

The airport is direcly on the opposit side of the road. Thats just brilliant for very late or early flights

Lucky to survive this storm, which left a dozen dead bodies behind.

Surprising weather, storm and snow in the morning.

It was close to airport, which was a bonus when 7 dead bodies behind our plane, and next morning started with storm and snowbanks. Luckily, our plane was capable of taking off .. ..

Browse B&B Hotel Frankfurt Hahn-Airport traveller photo gallery