Reviews of B&B Hotel Frankfurt Niederrad

Colmarer Str. 3, Niederrad, 60528 Frankfurt/Main, Germany

#116 of 228 hotels in Frankfurt/Main

The room was clean, air conditioned and a good value for the...
    • Family Room

The room was really small and the grounds a bit sketchy, had a bit of a hostel appearance.

The room was clean, air conditioned and a good value for the price we paid. The wi-fi was flawless, as well. The hotel is a good option if you have want to rest before or after a flight.

Very clean and affordable
    • Family Room

Our room had some type of noise from the air conditioner that was annoying. If that had been fixed, we would have been very pleased. The room was very small, but we only needed it to sleep, so it worked well.

I was traveling with children and I LOVED the bunk beds

I booked b&b in Saarbrücken and it included the...

I booked b&b in Saarbrücken and it included the breakfast when I booked this b&b in Frankfurt similarly I was surprised they didn’t include breakfast other than that it was good

Would not stay here again.
    • Family Room

Our room had these little bugs flying around. We had a family room and especially on the top bunk in one corner were lots of these. My son could not sleep and had to share our bed which we kept splitting because it was two twin beds. I knew this hotel was basic - I don't mind basic facilities but I did expect it to be clean. There is free parking but there are no directions etc on how to park and where to park - we ended up parking in front of a car and were fine in the end but worried all night.

Basic hotel to stay one night before flight out of Frankfurt Airport. Drinks and coffee out of vending machine. Free parking.

Bad experience

I arrived with my small kids at midnight and reception lady refused to give me room because of my kids. I tried to explain her about tbeir policies written on their page on booking.com but the lady was furious and was not in the mood to listen at all. After explaining her for 30minutes with my kids crying , lady somehow got convinced and gave us room with aggressive gestures.

Nice budget hotel close to the airport.
    • Family Room

Their showers are small and the door has a runner sealing strip that doesn't hold very well. I elbowed the door a few times and accidentally popped the door open, and ended up with a puddle outside the shower. The person manning the front desk closed up shortly after we checked in. It would have been helpful to have someone working the desk for later in the evening.

We stayed at this hotel the night before our flight home to the US. We arrived later in the evening, so there wasn't a lot to do once we got there. The hotel is close to the airport, but seems to be in a business park area. We were able to order a pizza on the suggestion of the man at the front desk, as he said most other restaurants would be closed. This was the second B&B hotel we stayed at during this trip. The B&B in Berlin had paid parking, but this B&B had free parking and lots of it. It was also nice to step into an air conditioned hotel room after several warm nights without it.

Convenient to airport

Inexpensive place to stay near the airport, this is a good spot. Easy walk to several restaurants. Taxi to airport 25 euros - consider this expense. Friendly, helpful check-in staff. Nice breakfast for the price. Small room, but met its purpose.

Keypad entry, fun bright colours in room, good use of every...

Great location for airport access not great if you wanted to walk for restaurants.

Keypad entry, fun bright colours in room, good use of every corner in room, gated parking on site, AC which I normally don't care about but with temperatures of 32 it was welcome!

The bunk bed is great for children
    • Family Room

The check in process is long, because we came when the receptionist was closed. Our reservation code is not accepted in the check in kiosk

The bunk bed is great for children

I would defiantly stay here again!

Everything was fine, there wasn’t anything I didn’t like about the hotel.

The breakfast was amazing and the staff were super helpful. The hotel in general was tidy and fresh and it was very good value for money. And code entry system is very handy.

Nice location to reach the airport by car

You cant make your room 100% dark due to curtain hanging flaw.

Good location near the airport (~10 min by car). Excellent car parking area. Solid rooms, great for a few days stay.

Coffee machine did make quite a decent cup.

Bread at breakfast was stale and the fruit salad seemed somewhat weird taste as in on a edge og going bad.

Coffee machine did make quite a decent cup. The room was very nice. The location was perfect for business trip. Two minutes away from a great number of companies. It was very clean.

Clean and comfortable

The bio of the hotel on the website says: "No parking available" BUT there's a parking place! And it belongs to the hotel but they give preference to the non-guests cars! And the guests have to park 2 streets behind the hotel! The reception crew told me that if I wish to park in the parking from hotel I had to be lucky! Unbelievable!

Clean and comfortable

Reeks of cigarette smoke throughtout

Smoking is forbidden on the premises. This did not prevent the rooms and corridors to smell very strongly of cigarette smoke. With windows open the neatby autobahn becomes too loud to have good sleep.

Cheap, efficient and free onsite parking. Beware though the parking can be full later in the evenings.

Terrible hotel, do not go there!

Terrible hotel, do not go there!!!! The rooms were strongly smelling to cigarretes. I used two rooms, both with the same terrible problem. I could not sleep, still waiting for hotel compensation!!

The staffs there are really nice and friendly.
    • Family Room

The hotel didn't contact until we found out that the are was restricted.

The staffs there are really nice and friendly. We arrived late on the reservation day due to the regional restriction. B&B is a chain hotel in Frankfurt, the reserved hotel informed the one locates in Mainzer Landstraße and we drove there, parked the car and everything were settled perfect.

Frankfurt IAA 2017

Bed could be a bit bigger and less soft, hairdryer.

Excellent breakfast for just 8,5euros. Great parking place, great surroundings with nice restaurants, 12 min walk to subway.

Good for short stay passing transit via Frankfurt.
    • Family Room

Breakfast was quite good but overpriced.

Hotel is easy to find, not far from highway, airport. New premises, modern, simple, electronic code to enter the room and lobby. Spacious parking at site. Near is superb german restaurant with local food.

I have been directed to using bus from Niederad Banhoft to...

I have been directed to using bus from Niederad Banhoft to hotel, but it was not easy for the first timer. Bus stopped and I have to walk more than 2 km to reach the hotel, which in fact (if the instruction was clearer), it should get me there less than 300m :(

very nice

the only negative point was the lady in the reception at checkout on saturday morning 23-9 was very unkind with me. but the other staff were very nice .

every thing was ok , the room very clean, breakfast good, bed comfortable , I stayed for a weak according to my university, the bus 51 near the Hotel but unfortunately was the stop out of order at this time of stay.

Helpful staff, great location.

No negatives.

B&B Hotel Frankfurt is very close to the airport which is great when you're leaving on an early flight. It is also walking distance to restaurants and shops. The on-site breakfast provides quick service and healthy options. Staff member Sebastian Holz was especially helpful to us. We arrived at the hotel a little early but were able to check in with no problem. Sebastian was also able to give directions and information on the Frankfurt Auto Show. We look forward to staying there again.

good stay

not much space to put your luggage on the floor in the family room.

we enjoyed our stay here. rooms are clean and efficient. near to the airport. free parking on site.

Would recommend if just passing through.
    • Family Room

No late night bar, i fancied a beer after a long drive.

Location is a commercial park so offices over looking the room. Interior was excellent including cleanliness.

Ideal for a stopover
    • Family Room

It didn't had a lot facilities in the rooms

Ideal for a stopover. As it was close to the airport, and the parking spot was a plus side to anyone who plans to come to the hotel by car.

Affordable and modern hotel before catching our flight.
    • Family Room

I could not complaint at all, but if I had to say something, I would mention the lack of a small fridge in the room. However, there are vending machines at the reception area to buy some food. There is also a supermarket at walking distance.

The lobby is pretty cool and modern, as well as the rest of the hotel. It looks brand new. It belongs to a hotel chain called B&B, that really cares about design and comfort. The lady at the reception was very kind and helpful, she even printed our boarding passes. She also booked a taxi for us. For those arriving late, there is an option to do a self-check in. The hotel is only 15 minutes away from the airport (by car), and the taxi cost around 22 euros. It is great for those who are catching an early flight, because there is no need to do the check out, you just leave. They do not give you a key for your room, but a numeric code instead. Compared to another hotels which are closer to the airport, this one is worth considering, because it is way cheaper and good quality, even with the extra charge of the taxi. I am not sure if they have a shuttle bus, but I don´t think so. We booked a room for three adults and one child (two beds and a two bunk beds). It was very cosy and comfortable. We all love it! The windows isolate perfectly, and the TV has a few channels in various languages. The Internet connection is free of charge and quite fast.

A haven for a short break

Check in was a bit complicated. We arrived late - after official check in hours. In the end it worked but it was not very clear how to check in with the booking. com number,

Breakfast was fantastic: lots of choices to suit every need.

small and efficient
    • Family Room

Immediate area has little charm.

Good four-person room, otherwise hard to get in Germany. Tight space but clean, tidy, modern, and designed well. Good continental breakfast. Walking distance to a couple of restaurants. Close to the airport.

Great place to stay

The taxi driver that ripped us off and dropped us in the middle of nowhere

The location,great for airport and city centre, the community gardens everywhere

Good basic affordable hotel near airport

Front desk lady was not very helpful when our wifi was not working. Parking was limited, luckily we got there before 7 pm, so we got the last spot.

Rooms were clean, AC worked great. Bed was comfortable. Walked to biergarten. Short drive to Frankfurt airport.

Very practical to crash after a long day of flight, city tour, and busy day.
    • Family Room

Arrived around 6pm and barely found a parking spot close to entrance, and left to come back at 9:30pm were it impossible to find a close parking spot. (An area is available to park but it is 7minutes walking from the hotel. Parking lot or street view.

Every thing was standard from the building to each detail of the room. The rooms are small but with maximum use of area vs furniture were you feel it is comfortable to move around. I liked the staff, they were approachable, very understanding and willing to help.

Comfortable night at this B&B Hotel but with really poor WIFI connection.

The WIFI connection. You need to spend money to receive a code in a sms (in other country in case you are not german) and introduce it online. Even doing this process, we could have the Internet service. Too much complicated for this days when you can have just a Wifi and the password ready.

The room was confortable and clean. A little small in case you will spend few days and I little far for the city center. For us was ok the location becuase we wanted to be close to airport.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

B&B Hotels are very close to where I need to be, it is...

B&B Hotels are very close to where I need to be, it is excellent value for money and everything works, from the booking on-line and checking in to the maid service each day. The staff that I have met are always very friendly and helpful. It is not grand-luxe but it is a great budget chain and will get my vote everytime. Thank you.

Great hotel for a short stay

Parking lot gets crowded towards night time, we were still able to park though and additional parking is found not far from property

+ Family rooms with bunk beds are even fun for teenagers. + You can bring your dog while still staying in a clean hotel + Ideal when you look for an airport hotel and have a car available

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

Not really Airport
    • Family Room

When I ask booking.com for an airport hotel I thought it would either be at the airport, or have a shuttle. It did not, they only had a taxi booking kiosk that would add to my final costs of staying at the hotel.

Clean, and good breakfast, mostly friendly staff except one maid who disputed our bill about the pet fees.

Close to Airport

Missed a minni fridge

Close to Intern. Airport. Friendly welcome, clean smelling linens with comfy bed. Safe area, not very noisy, got great rest before flight back home!

All was fine, but hotel should note and put car parking...

All was fine, but hotel should note and put car parking procedure on the door during night time. Just 10 minutes from FRA Airport, easy to reach by autobahn

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

Easy clean close to the airport.

Lots of parking but if you get there late you may have a problem finding a spot. It's a popular place. A bit noisy at times if you leave the window open cause it' next to the highway.

Super clean, easy checkin. The room was just what we needed. No need for any extras just a night of sleep close to the airport, and it is close. 10 Minutes, 15 if there is a lot of traffic. It just doesn't get any better. There is a gas station just around the corner for your rental with a decent price on gas.

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

Good stay

Hotel very nice, The lady at the reception very nice. Breakfast cost only 7,50 Euro and it is good price ,from buffet where can you get fresh rolls ,with sausages ,eggs, and milk products. I was there 3 days, from 27 January to 30 January ,and I m very happy , I recommend this hotel.

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

A little gem amongst many local smaller chain hotels.

A little gem, close to airport, quiet comfy and clean. All within ten minutes walk: train (S-bahn) to city main station just 4 minutes. Bus route, easy taxi access, supermarkets and garage, at least 3 restaurants and likely more a bit further into Niederad town. Perfectly adequate cold breakfast buffet with hot drinks on tap. Lobby vending machines particularly useful and reasonable.

• Reviewed: 3 February 2017

Ideal Airport stopover. Value

Container for wine or beer at lobby vending machine would be a +

No croissant but rest of buffet was very good standard HAll waysmelled of tobacco smoke

• Reviewed: 19 January 2017

OK, but nothing special

WiFi access instructions did not match the screens that popped up on my computer. Would help if the logon website was disclosed. Please add tomatoes, cucumber & paprika to the breakfast buffet.

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

• Family Room

Tea making facilities would have been nice.

Close to motorway and shops, quiet area, comfy bed, lovely reception staff. Husband liked the bathroom. Price is very reasonable, room is clean and modern.

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

Great hotel hard to reach
    • Family Room

Bad location if one uses public transport, so bad that it damages the hole experience

Excellent breakfast, enjoyed it every day. In matters of quality, variety and very innovative.

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

Budget hotel perfectly located for easy access to the airport
    • Family Room

There was nothing we didn't like. However, if you are intending to travel by S Bahn, the nearest station - Niederrad - is about 1.5km away, so it's probably better suited to travellers with their own transport (or those travelling by taxi to and from the airport).

We needed affordable family accommodation close to Frankfurt airport, and this was perfect for our needs. The room was basic, but clean and comfortable, with a bunk bed for the children. You can see the hotel from the autobahn, which helps with navigation. This is a great 'no frills' option. There isn't a hairdryer in the room, but you can borrow one from reception for a refundable €10 deposit. There are three supermarkets - Aldi, Lidl and Rewe - within easy walking distance, which is useful if you need to stock up on groceries for a self catering trip or stuff for a picnic (and I would particularly recommend Lidl's Berliner donuts for a delicious breakfast on the run). There is off road parking (the parking boom will open as you drive towards it), but the parking spaces under the hotel are very tight to negotiate, so if this is an issue for you, rather try and park in the adjacent open parking area.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

Simple place but nice, friendly and clean.

The mattress was a little creaky and old but that is the only minus.

Helpful and friendly staff. Very clean and tidy especially the bathroom. Excellent shower.

• Reviewed: 2 December 2016

Clean. Quiet. Not close to the airport.

Poor location. Is advertised as being close to airport - it is not that close. Nowhere to eat near by, (at 1030pm) and has no restaurant. It's advertised as B&B but breakfast is extra.

Very clean, comfortable room

• Reviewed: 22 November 2016

Don't rely on the staff

The receptionist was friendly enough and when I requested a taxi to the airport in the morning, he assured me it'd be there. When I left the hotel in the morning, there was no taxi, it never arrived, and I found myself locked out of the building with no staff present to allow me back inside, and no way of contacting a taxi. Thankfully a taxi driver outside a neighboring hotel eventually took pity on me after being outside in the cold for a good 30 minutes or I would have missed my flight.

• Reviewed: 11 November 2016

Helpful staff, convenient location

The hotel is close to FRA airport - it's an easy drive to Terminal 2. The front desk staff spoke English and was very helpful. They gave us suggestions for two restaurants within walking distance. Our room was small but comfortable and reasonably quiet. Parking is free (and popular - try to check in early evening if possible). A continental breakfast was available and included a variety of options. We'll be back!

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

There was a vending machine with good local beer.

Far from the city centre and it's not very safe going from the center via the railroad station. There were no ironing facilities, nor hair dryer nor even drying facilities in the bathroom. The breackfast was rather expensive, but it's Frankfurt, so everything's expensive here.

There was a vending machine with good local beer.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

close to motorway, but you need there enviromental sticker...

sorry, but breakfast was horrible .. no warm buffet, insufficient food selection, room was very cold without radiator and it was very noise at the night

close to motorway, but you need there enviromental sticker for entry to the city, good parking place and also close to S-Bahn Frankfurt-Niederrad /app. 20 min by walk/

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

Cheap accommodation and easy access

Convenient to airport and comfortable bedroom.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Rooms are clean, staff are friendly and helpful
    • Family Room

It's a bit far from city centre

Rooms are clean, staff are friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

Clean, simple, easy

Clean, simple, easy

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Great stay
    • Family Room

Location, friendly and helpful staff, price

Near the air port

The air condition

Near the air port

Short stay

Parking is for free.

We arrived early hours of the morning due tp traffix and the...

We arrived early hours of the morning due tp traffix and the self check in point was very efficient to use

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

Clean
    • Family Room

I had to pay for 2 rooms because I had 3 kids. The rooms are big enough for 3 kids

Clean

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Good

The location, a bit far from city

Good stay and has ac where some hotels don’t have .

The room very small and nothing in the room other than the...

No facilities help to stay

The room very small and nothing in the room other than the bed

The breakfast was good
    • Family Room

The smell in the room and it was quite warm too.

The breakfast was good

Pretty close to airport.
    • Family Room

Late night reception staff were not friendly.

Pretty close to airport.

Very good for an affordable price.

The bed pillows could have been better.

Booking.

Booking.com do not have correct phone numbers to this hotel and another in Mallorca. Needed to connect those hotel due to late arrivals.

Excellent Stay in Affordable Price.
    • Family Room

Excellent Stay in Affordable Price.

Far away from everywhere.

Far away from everywhere. Bad connected to city and airport unless you have a car

Easy for own driving guest to the hotel

Too zmall area for lobby and too small area in the room

Parking area

the room was perfectly clean
    • Family Room

The corridor was very dirty...

the room was perfectly clean

far away to station.

the servant asked for payment before breakfast, it made us not comfortable

far away to station. Breakfast is just so so.

Confort

Far away from the train station

I went with my mother, and she likes it a lot

it was a good place nice staff

it was a good place nice staff

Lovely, clean room, pleasant staff, easy access

Lovely, clean room, pleasant staff, easy access

just so so
    • Family Room

not as good as expected after check-in

hotel waitor's service good.

Free private parking

If you arrive very late there are no parking spaces

Free private parking