Reviews of B&B Hotel München City-Nord

Freimanner Bahnhofstraße 4, 80807 Munich, Germany

#285 of 349 hotels in Munich

Cheap stay to visit Munich

Convenient, but no emotion or coziness. Won't stay for longer than 1-2 days

Clean and new, comfortable beds and soft sheets. Easy check-in and out. They give you special code for doors, no need drop off the key. Really convenient to reach centre with metro.

Exception evretinng in Muchen

It was bad that the room didn't have a refrigerator

The property was very close to the subway and most important very close to the English garden the most beautiful park that i have ever seen

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Very clean with an ok breakfast selection.
    • Family Room

We phoned the reception go say we would be checking in late (about 10pm) and they said they finish working at 10pm and that we should check in using the machine. We were lucky to arrive at 9:55pm but they had locked up early and left the reception area with the front doors locked. We couldn't check in using the machine as it wouldn't recognise our booking.com reference number so had to call for assistance. The man and lady who came down were very unwelcoming and rude. We got our key and went to our room. I had contacted the property on this app and in the special requests section asking for a cot for our baby. When we got to our room, there was no cot as they apparently don't provide them. If we'd known this we wouldn't have booked this hotel! As a result I had to share the lower bunk bed with my baby who actually fell out of the bed and hit his face on the sharp corner of the bedside table which is right next to the bed. He now has a large bruise on his head. For a 'family friendly' hotel, this is not at all family friendly. Again in the morning, it was the same staff we had met the night before, they were very unfriendly, didn't smile and were near invisible at breakfast when we needed help. The water had run out and we needed some for our baby's beaker so I politely asked the lady for some and was greeted with a scowl and a response that made it seem like I'd asked her to do something very inconvenient. I couldn't be more disappointed with our stay.

Very clean with an ok breakfast selection.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Close to the highway

Smoke smell in the room

I would like to recommend this hotel to the ones who have to catch the fly with car in the early morning but would also like to see the city on the day before Because: parking is free and it is close to A9 and the subway station ( Studentenstadt) Price is reasonable for Munich

Big rooms in an economic and clean hotel.
    • Family Room

It is not too close to the underground station, you need to walk around 15 minutes to arrive there. Lack of restaurants and supermarkets in the neighborhood. Despite that, there is a McDonalds next to the hotel.

Big rooms in an economic and clean hotel. The breakfast is ok.

Access to get to the airport was excellent.

Due to its cost, we skipped the 12 euro breakfast.

Access to get to the airport was excellent. With a gas station and Spar Express downstairs, we were able to tank up and grab some food for the road. The room was a little small, but efficiently laid out so it was functional for two. The underground garage was convenient.

Really Clean and comfortable.

Wish they could provide/rent water boiler.

Really Clean and comfortable. Close from train station. Free and save parking. Supermarket and McD just under your hotel!!!

Excellent Hotel
    • Family Room

Bathrooms were a little on the small side but the rest of the room was fairly large.

Excellent location near major roads and U-bahn so great access for the city centre and for getting out of the city. Good walking nearby in the English garden. Check in and check out is very easy with a pin number for the room rather than a key. Vending machine in reception for water etc. Close to local facilities such as Spa and McDonalds next door. Free parking with plenty of spaces available.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Convenient for a 2-day economy visit to Munich.
    • Family Room

Rather industrial neighbourhood and not much of a view. Nothing interesting around. Noisy if you care to open the window.

Easy to find by car and free parking. Convenient location close to the U-bahn station and easy ride to the old city. Clean room. One can get coffee and croissants at the petrol station below. Air-conditioned.

Munich stay July 18

Apart from McDonald's, not maybe shops or restaurants within 1km

Near to trains and buses so easy to get around. Check in and out was easy and nice friendly environment

Basic low cost accommodation - very clean. Nearby U connects to downtown. No nearby eateries or shop

Wish you could buy coffee/tea without whole breakfast and better choice than vending machine or at least a hot water service in lobby. Still - very low price.....

Rooms very snug, but equipped w built in shelves for your stuff. Very clean. Basic accommodation including free parking for car underground. Not far from subway but nearby eateries limited for walking. For the VERY reasonable price this was what I expected. Enough outlets in room for e- equipment and vending machines for drinks in lobby. Brakfast had wide selection of self serve items and cost 8.50 pp.

Reasonably priced room with air conditioning and free parking

The bed was not very comfortable, too hard. Even my husband, who does not have a problem with hard surfaces commented on the hardness. Also, we smelled what we thought was plastic underneath the sheets. The wifi was non-existent in our room. We were unable to send anything out.

We booked this room because it was closer to the Munich airport, but still within Munich, free parking, free wifi in the rooms, air conditioning and close enough to public transportation. All of these were met except the wifi. The room was small, but we had enough space to move around with all of our luggage. Since this was only a one night stay, we didn't mind the size. The room and bathroom were clean. Breakfast was available, but we did not purchase any. Free parking was available underground and an elevator takes you to reception.

The room was very clean, quiet and comfortable.

It's a bit far from the metro (10/15 min) walk and the way is not so nice because it's on a very busy area in terms of traffic. The nearest restaurant was a greek one 10 min away (walking), although I recommend it, very tasty!

The room was very clean, quiet and comfortable. The price was good compared to the other options closer to the center and for someone travelling alone or not staying long in the hotel, this is a good place to sleep.

Good stay
    • Family Room

Staff was stone faced, rest all good otherwise.

Hotel was well laid out and furnished and close to the city center, Hotel has a supermarket and Mc Donalds attached which was good.

Would not stay there again.
    • Family Room

Bedsheets had old stains on them. TV remote did not work. No staff to be found. It seems one person takes care of the entire hotel. After 11 pm is no one to help you from the hotel. It was extremely loud and imposible to get a good night's sleep.

Location and price.

No value for money. The only thing I found good was the Hotel's close proximity to my work place.

1) Room and bathroom way too small for the price. 2) Lights just above both the bed side tables -> very irritating. 3) Cheap quality plastic glasses provided for drinking water. I would expect a regular glass. 4) WiFi speed just average. 5) No telephone in room for intercom or external dialing.

Bed was comfortable.

Bathroom was very clean and everything worked perfectly.
    • Family Room

Breakfast was mediocre. Cucumber and tomatoes were getting old. Bread was old.

Bathroom was very clean and everything worked perfectly. Like the design of this family room. The kids bed was not facing directly towards main bed. Two TVs strategically located. Great WIFI.

We cherished the fact that the Apartment has A/C.

Everything was great.

We cherished the fact that the Apartment has A/C. For us it’s a standard in USA but we were in shock that a lot of “hotels “ in Europe don’t have it and some even have windows which don’t open. It’s a bit small for three of us, 2 adults and one child but functional. We needed it to rest comfortably after entire day of sightseeing and it had what we needed. Parking in the garage under the building. We walked to a nearby beergarten where we could enjoy local food and beer and our 12 year old sun played soccer in the park. For those who miss McDonald it’s right there in same building. So is small shop where you can buy drinks, snacks, food... So is gas station. We will stay there again because I know they have A/C. I will check if they have bigger rooms.

Easy to reach from the high way

This is my worst hotel experience in my whole life. We stayed 2 nights in Munich. The morning before checking out, the housekeeping staff knocked my door very loudly at 8:20 in the morning and used the passcode lock to enter my room while I was still sleeping because I was having cold. She said nothing and shut the door. In 30 mins, she knocked my door again with very loud noise, I was asking who is this and nobody answered, when I opened the door I saw her standing in front of my door and saying some German to her colleague next to her but nothing to us, I asked her what she wants and she left again. In another 20 mins, same thing happened again, but this time I left the door open and left the hotel right after I packed my stuff. I went to the Reception to make a complain about this issue, the staff told me because I didn’t put “do not disturb” on my door knob. I can understand that I didn’t put DND so they entered my room for cleaning by accident. But why came twice after they know the guests are still in the room? And who does housekeeping work at 8:20 in the morning? This is unbelievable.

Easy to reach from the high way

not bad.

had to wait 30min to check in,because no one was at the reception.builders are still working in the hotel.

good location.new clean hotel.tv in the room.

Drink, chicken, drink, sausages, drink.

The Mcdonalds underneath the hotel, why do people eat in these crapholes?

Right close to Englisch Garten, all the beer gardens are open through the summer months

Great value for money and very clean and tidy.

Was a little out of the way but very easy to get into Munich town centre via the U-Baun. Takes about 25 mins.

This is a great place to stay if your looking for no frills. It's clean and tidy. Great for if your out and about and using it as a place to get your head down. There is a U-Baun about a 10 min walk away which will get to anywhere you want to go. It is a bit out of the way. There is not much to do around the hotel. You can get to the English gardens its about a 15 min walk (must see if you visit Munich).

We stayed here because we were in the area for a concert at...

We stayed here because we were in the area for a concert at the Zenith Theater. It was an easy, convenient walk and I wasn't concerned about walking late at night.

The staff was not that nice.

The staff was not that nice. For 3 nights the room was cleaned just once. The towels was not changed at all. At the begining it was clean how ever. It was silent place.

For my purpose - Exhibition in MOC - perfect location. Next time I will choose again.

Nothing for this question. Excelent !

Excelent location for coming by your car from the north. Just exit the HighWay and you will find it behind the petrol station. Free private parking. Good buffet breakfast. Perfect system for checking - you will not loose a single minute at check out - just leave the room at noon. Bus for metro just across the street.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Good
    • Family Room

There no fridge in the room.

I like the beds and pilows .

Clean, friendly staff, great WiFi, U-Bahn and bus stop close...

Clean, friendly staff, great WiFi, U-Bahn and bus stop close by, minimum breakfast - same every day, but enough.

Nice efficent no problems

breakfast was quite expensive

Nice clean roomy and good location

Would stay again if in this area.
    • Family Room

Location. A/C. Free parking in rather large garage tho it fills up quickly.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Very close to U Bahn

Very close to U Bahn

I would go back.

Clean hotel. Modernly furnished.

The room was very clean and comfortable
    • Family Room

The rudeness of the staff wouldn’t stay again

The room was very clean and comfortable

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

The hospitality of the staff and the parking for guests

The hotel was clean and comfortable but our room smelled like cigarettes.

The hospitality of the staff and the parking for guests

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Cleanliness , location , car barking, self service

Lack of kettle , toothbrush and laundry

Cleanliness , location , car barking, self service

Good breakfast included.
    • Family Room

Good breakfast included. Free parking in the garage.

Small room. No safe.

location and cleanliness.

no toiletries.

location and cleanliness.

Small and clean

No kettle, no refrigerator

Free parking, clean, good wifi

Amazing stay
    • Family Room

Amazing breakfast, personnel. We had a room with terrace and view on Como lake. We will come back here for sure

• Family Room

Fire alarm at 1am by a drunk guest.

Nice experience

The carpet was not very clean.

People are very nice. The location is good. With U-Bahn, it's easy to get into the City Center.

Room was right above service station and very very noisy ALL...

Room was right above service station and very very noisy ALL night

Clean, modern with A/C.

Laundry room would have been nice but there isn’t one.

Clean, modern with A/C. Parking garage.

Nice and clean and located close to the University

Close to the university which is why we booked here. Spar and McDonalds downstairs so very handy

Fast internet
    • Family Room

The location was not close the central.. Breakfast was just average, not good..

Internet speed was fast.. the bed was comfortable.. parking was free..

Does the basics efficiently

No electric jug or small fridge in room.

Easy location to drive too. Well thought out and smartly run hotel.

Parking,cleanliness,location and the price.
    • Family Room

The absence a one smoking place in the hotel.

Parking,cleanliness,location and the price.

nice modern interior

Price for a single room was little bit to high

nice modern interior

Free parking , clean

Little noisy

Free parking , clean

All

All

Good hotel

Because it was a historical hotel, it was not so modern.

The stuff was very kind and funny. I got very good breakfast. Room was clean and comfortable.

Nice hotel

Air condition was too loud at night.

Size of the room, furniture, breakfast, location

Probably will stay there again
    • Family Room

Too small room, wifi not stable

It was close to my busyness location

Breakfast and lobby area was under renovation so there was not enough room for having normal breakfast and staying in hotel!

There are also 34 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.