Reviews of Backstage Hotel

Prießnitzstr. 12, 01099 Dresden, Germany

#30 of 106 hotels in Dresden

It is located in the bohemian district. Nearby there are many different restaurants, cafes, bars. To the tram - 5 minutes. 10-15 minutes to the main attractions of Dresden. Ticket machine - in the tram, takes only a coins. 2,30 euro one-time ticket, 6 - for one day, 9 - for day for family. The machines accepting cards are at large stops. The walk to the attraction takes 30-40 minutes. Very good breakfast from 7:30 am (13 euros). You can order Lanch-Box for 9. The door is opened with a button on the key fob. In the evening there is an entrance from the side of the river. Also open the button. Thanks to Julia!

Service quality was disappointing. We were charged more than confirmed by Booking.com. As I inquired this, I was met with a pushy argument that we have to pay city tax which is knowen by everybody. I then saw, however, that even without the city tax the room rate charged was higher by 4 euro. After talking to Booking, they confirmed to me that i should neither be charged the extra 4 euro nor the city tax. I left a complaint on the hotels phone recorder, they called me back but instead of apologizing or anything, they insisted they are right and complained that I called them unfriendly. Well, even if I had been wrong, this is not hospitality. In view of the fact that it is a simple hotel with interior from the late 90s (though clean and a good location), I would not pay 80 euro again excl. breakfast to stay, esp. with this kind of treatment and attitude. Bottom, stay at other places or, at least, pay attention they about unlawful fees they charge.

• Double Room with Terrace

No elevator. Wifi is not stable. Bar and restaurant were closed all day. No air-conditioning.

Friendly staff. Great breakfast. Interesting interior design.

the rooms look like in the photos, just a bit more kitschy. The feeling is that it's a very old place. I wish I just had a normal hotel room, but I guess it was my choice.

very very friendly staff

reception is only open until 6.

The breakfast had a great choice of fresh fruit (water melon and pineapple) and tasty Rote Grütze. The rooms were very pretty and spacious. We were a bit shocked that it was next to a Cabaret Show, the lonely planet description was a bit misleading, but finally it made the stay all the more fun and exciting.

Next to the hotel is a "revue" with a bar so it can be a bit loud, especially during the summer when people are sitting outside and guests sleeping with open windows...

The decoration of the room was really original and the staff efficient to answer our questions and for recommandations

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

I was pretty disappointed that I tried to order breakfast for the last day, but from like 4pm on there was no one in the reception. I placed the bfast request at the door, someone took it at some point, but nobody showed up with my bfast the next day. I left hungry. I was also upset that I couldn't check in earlier or get any of the "Genius" extras I was supposed to, even though the room was already clean (I tried explaining, but again, the lady was relatively nice, but didn't understand what I was saying). At last, when I checked-out I asked why was I paying 13EUR more than was written in my reservation confirmation. The lady said "city tax". Then I told her I couldn't see it in my reservation and she said: "really small letters in the middle of it". I mean: they KNOW it is not well explained. I get it this tax has nothing to do with the hotel, and the lady blamed Booking.com when I questioned why don't they make it more clear to the client. Still, it REALLY annoyed me that I had to pay 27% of one overnight stay in a city tax that wasn't even specified in the booking confirmation. All in all, its a good option for the money, but I don't think I would stay there again. It's also pretty far from the town center.

Super clean, huge room, nice deco, bathroom also had a good size, and the staff was nice, even though the lady in the reception didn't really speak English well. It has only 10 rooms and lots of privacy (in a sense that at certain points you don't even find anyone in the hotel to talk to). It is also relatively close to public transportation.

• Double Room with Terrace

-No reception available after 16:00h (and no previous information about this issue). -No air conditioning. -No elevator to the 2nd floor. -Absolutely overpriced.

Rooms are original

They charge you extra for literally everything (room size, garage, water bottle in the room etc).

Big room, more like apartment style. Interesting design, location is quite good.

We forgot to register for breakfast, so we missed it.

Nice and quiet. The bed was comfortable, as was the spacious room and bathroom.

Some bad smell from the bathroom ventilation

Super cozy bed

Opening any door was very difficult.

Was clean and unusual room

What a beautiful, enchanting place, extraordinary decor, loved it! And the bed was super comfortable. Convenient to public transportation as well.

They say there is a minibar, but this is without a fridge.

Size of the room and location.

• Reviewed: 8 March 2017

Bored and apathetic lady at the reception desk.

Interesting furnishings.

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016

• Double Room with Terrace

No tea and coffee facilities in the room.

Great terrace and quirky room!

• Reviewed: 28 August 2015

Dresden is superb and the location of the hotel is superb for the best nightlife area. It is quite a long way from the old town main tourist area but very close to the best part of the new town. The hotel designer has a great sense of humour and we appreciated that. The basement car park is shared with the wardrobe department of the nearby theatre - great costumes!

• Reviewed: 23 August 2015

Scent in the hallway. Non functioning sockets/power outlets in bedroom. Receptionist, although nice, did not inform about breakfast times nor night door use.

Crazy decor. amazing location. Generally good :)

• Reviewed: 27 March 2016

Would have liked conditioner for my hair.

Excellent location, spacious room and balcony, comfortable bed, amazing shower and 12pm check out.

• Reviewed: 1 March 2016

A little understaffed, but they are friendly and helpful

View, Comfort, Location is excellent, Large room, friendly staff

• Reviewed: 31 July 2015

There was no AC and it was a very hot summer.

The view and the closeness to the neustadt, the style and colors of the interior.

• Reviewed: 29 July 2015

The rooms are amazing and every one has a different decor and is very unique.

• Reviewed: 24 June 2015

Tram ride away from main sights. Previous guests towel still in our bathroom

Gaudy style bathroom and good location for bars and live music

There are also 8 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Backstage Hotel traveller photo gallery