Reviews of Bayerischer Hof This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Promenadeplatz 2-6, Altstadt - Lehel, 80333 Munich, Germany

#36 of 349 hotels in Munich

Based on 2060 hotel reviews

• Reviewed: July 12, 2018

beautiful hotel

Service at breakfast

The service especially at breakfast was REALLY bad! I waited more than 10 minutes for my coffee and reordering took again more than 10 minutes - for that price not good service at all!!! However the Service at the reception was EXCELLENT - with very good restaurant tips!

• Reviewed: June 30, 2018

There was construction the room I have was super noisy and...
    • Standard Single Room

There was construction the room I have was super noisy and they did not even bother compensate me they were not even apologetic after all a hotel is about sleep first the rest is extra

• Reviewed: June 23, 2018

very short : we are coming back our trip in a few months...! very simple!!!

For our short time in the hotel, we can not find a negative or one or few points to be ameliorate...!

we liked the services, ,the kindness of all people from the entrance to the lobby to the check in and in the early morning a gigantesque breakfast....!!!!!

• Reviewed: June 12, 2018

Confortable & convenient

This is truly a 5 star hotel. It is in a great location within easy walking distance of all the major sights and the vast shopping area. The hotel is well maintained and in a modern but traditional Germanic style.

• Reviewed: June 10, 2018

On a par with the Bristol in Paris

Sophisticated hotel with traditional service and values. But not stuffy. Open, friendly and highly professional staff. Extremely comfortable room. Gorgeous pool on top floor, flooded with light and with outside terrace overlooking the. Cathedral. Breakfast with similar terrace and views. I doubt you can do better in Munich.

• Reviewed: June 5, 2018

Excellent location

Everything was ok but a lot of room for improvement. There is no seating area in the lobby so when friends come to visit they had to stand there waiting. There were missing items in the room everyday, e.g. tissue box was empty not refilled so we had no handle tissues for 3/4 days, bottles of water and the fruits were not placed in the room in some days of our stay. The shower drainage is partly blocked and by the time we finish shower, the water is usually ankle deep (can’t be bothered to call them to fix is after a long day - surely the maid would know when cleaning it!). The pillows were quite old and soft and not comfortable. Not the end of the world but certainly not something we expect from one of the most expensive five star hotels in Munich - and can’t compare with most other five or even four star hotels we have experienced elsewhere. Bars and restaurants are expensive as expected but perhaps a little over the top.

Excellent location and facility Friendly and helpful front desk staff

• Reviewed: June 3, 2018

Nice Old Style Luxury Hotel

The charge for my car parking in hotel parking

The location is next to all shopping street and Marienplatz and the hotel style is very nice Old luxury style, and the staff are very nice and helpful. Thanks for the upgrade.

• Reviewed: June 1, 2018

Lovely hotel with European charm and elegance.

We wanted to have a cocktail on the rooftop, but there was a half hour wait for a table. Hotel should reserve some cocktail seating for guests. There seemed to be many non (hotel)-guests able to enjoy the view while we couldn’t.

Lovely hotel with European charm and elegance. Staff was most pleasant and the location was perfect.

• Reviewed: May 28, 2018

This hotel is the best in Munich that we have stayed in, and we have been visiting for many years.

As I have explained above, the breakfast staff could have been a lot better, and also the staff in the roof bar are extremely slow, so in summation, the hotel is just about perfect, the only people letting the team down are the ones I have just mentioned.

Mostly everything in the hotel, the staff in the foyer and at reception are wonderful (with the exception of the breakfast staff who were plentiful but extremely unobservant), however the breakfast was beautiful. The room cleaning staff are just the best, everything was perfect every day.

• Reviewed: May 17, 2018

• Deluxe Single Room

Reminded me of Hyatt hotels from the 1980’s. Bathroom was extremely small. Breakfast was totally overpriced. Compared to other five star hotels in Europe it needs some modernising.

• Reviewed: May 13, 2018

I’ve stayed in a lot of hotels in Munich , and Bayerischer...
    • Deluxe Single Room

I’ve stayed in a lot of hotels in Munich , and Bayerischer hof has the best roof terrace , breakfast , lunch ( but not dinner ) open air swimming pool of them all . I had a fairly nice sized double room in the old part but being honest I didn’t like the room , the roof terrace and open air roof top pool saved the stay though .

• Reviewed: May 13, 2018

I paid to have a room with a high level of quality but In fact you pay the renown

the bathroom needs repairs, the joint is badly fixed, the water leaks taps, difficult to regulate the water. the bath is high, hard to come in and uncomfortable. in the bathroom there was a denuded electric cable is scary. impossible to use the 2nd sink basin because the bidet is in front and take all the place. the separate toilet does not have a washbasin for washing hands. the welcome was limited to a fruit and 20cl of still water. the room it is decorated with a very old taste. the picture above the sofa does not allow you to sit comfortably, your head tap the picture. the soundproofing is partial while we are in the city center. I was wake up at 7am by noises car. In short, I paid the mark while I was paying for the quality. I am disappointed with the people who distribute the stars to the hotels

Münich. The location. The beds.

• Reviewed: May 3, 2018

Really good breakfast, but some noise issues.
    • Standard Single Room

There was a bit noise from the hallway in my room, and my room was located right next to the housekeeping room, so there was a bit traffic. Could also hear some noise from the adjacent rooms.

Really good breakfast with a nice view. Great location! Friendly staff and clean rooms.

• Reviewed: April 30, 2018

Not worth the cost

When we arrived we were offered an ‘upgrade’. If this was a higher level of room, I would hate to see the original room. It was a Paris themed suite, which was very spacious, but looked like it hadn’t been refitted since the 50s! There was no shower, just a dirty old bath and the other fittings in the bathroom we falling apart. The room also had a strange smell. We decided to ask fo move rooms as we had paid a lot and didn’t want to have to settle for a poor experience. We were then shown to a single room (which we were told was a mistake). The third room was actually fine, nice modern and clean bathroom, reasonable since and comfort room. Breakfast was not included (and we were told would be €40 extra per person) For a 5* hotel I expected a higher level of service, but it felt like everything was a costly extra here.

The location is fantastic and the 7th floor bar is the perfect place for an early evening drink overlooking the city.

• Reviewed: April 27, 2018

We didn't seem to be able to get the air conditioning to...

We didn't seem to be able to get the air conditioning to work in the room. The lady who did the turn down service couldn't get it to work either. Someone started mowing the lawn before 7 a.m. one morning, which was not the best wake up. Otherwise all brilliant. The room was fantastic and service excellent. Thanks, we'll be back!

• Reviewed: April 16, 2018

It was a mistake and will never go back there again... NEVER
    • Deluxe Double Room

Every thing.. the pictures in booking.com are way different than the room i got.. staff were rude in my last day.. the bed sheets smelled really bad.. the price of room dining is very high.. the food is not tasty..there were additional prices added to my bill for things I didn’t even order..

Only the location

• Reviewed: April 3, 2018

Awesome!!!!!! My dad loved his upgraded room & it was perfect for him!!!!
    • Standard Single Room

I booked a standard room with Booking.com for my dad’s birthday as a little gift on his 63 Birthday.Well,- as we got there & Check in we got an immediate upgrade to a much luxury room for my dad on the 7th floor.They even invited us to the Luna party that is held upstairs on a beautiful setting over looking the houses!! My dad & my mum where dancing all night & I couldn’t believe how everything worked out fantastic!! Oh & as my dad was in his room the hotel sent him a exclusive surprise champagne cake with a birthday card!!!! Incredible!!!! We were all very jolly surprised & Super stocked about it all!!! Even the breakfast was super awesome....super friendly staff with top customer service!!! This was worth my well earned money in every way possible!!! As for my dad it was his best birthday bash at this beautiful luxurious hotel!!!!! He was so happy!!!

• Reviewed: April 3, 2018

All in all a very nice short stay and we are looking forward to come back soon.

The cocktails at Falks Bar were not as we have expected - also the Service staff could have been a bit friendlier.

Very friendly staff at reception and valet parking. Got an upgrade and we have a wonderful stay! Everything was more than perfect.

• Reviewed: March 26, 2018

Never Again!

Beds are rock hard. Twin beds can be separated but if the room is small, not by much. Only the “laura Ashley” rooms are Bavarian in look. The other are modern, and/ or African and lack charm. Had to change rooms 4 times the first day! First room, a standard, was small, hot and one had to climb into a tub/shower. Second room was lovely but smelled like a sewer. Third room shower head was busted. Fourth room was hot and needed a good cleaning. Some hotel staff was helpful, while others rude and arrogant. No instructions came with the room regarding how to regulate temperature. When asked, I was told by two different people to just open the window! A wasted, long first day of room troubles; moving, unpacking, moving and so on. Compensation consisted of a free coffee and some chocolates for our troubles. I’m not impressed.

The location Is good

• Reviewed: March 22, 2018

The accommodatrions are luxurious and we partcularly liked...

The one thing I would recommend is that the bath towels be thicker and more plush.

The accommodatrions are luxurious and we partcularly liked the spa restaurant with a direct view of the Frauenkirche.

• Reviewed: March 18, 2018

Great Location, good restaurants but this hotel needs a facelift!
    • Standard Single Room

My room decor is disappointing. Color combination is very old fashioned. Peelling wallpaper & old scratched furnitures. The room is dated and not worth the high price that this hotel is asking.

Location is at the heart of the city. Staff here are very eager to please the guests. Room size is spacious. Near to all amenities, restaurants, shopping, etc. Wonderful restaurant! Wifi good.

• Reviewed: February 6, 2018

good facilities in the hotel (pool, gym, spa)
    • Standard Single Room

The bedroom was outdated, there were some makeshift repairs in the room (i.e. headboard secured to the wall with plywood and visible as soon as you walk in to the room). The was a lot of noise in the room late at night due to a function in the hotel and my room being on the first floor right above the entrance - so by the end of my stay I left for business meetings looking as tired as the decor in the room!

good facilities in the hotel (pool, gym, spa)

• Reviewed: February 3, 2018

Value for money -------

Dated rooms, dirty wallpaper and flooring. Nickel and diming for everything ( 85 € for 1 week of premium WIFI ? Seriously in 2018 ? ) Poor communication among staff on requests. General an attitude of relying on past glory. Much better properties in the same price range close by.

• Reviewed: January 27, 2018

Enjoyed the short stay.
    • Standard Single Room

Too crowded specially in the evenings. There are always events going on. The room has no tea or coffee, something that dates back to the 70s and does not fit with a 5 star hotel.

I was pleasantly surprised with an upgrade while checking in. The hotel is classic, elegant and decent. The staff are helpful.

• Reviewed: January 27, 2018

Great stay overall somewhat spoiled by the outrageous prices in the minibar

The prices in the minibar!! Outrageous...€10.50 for a 750ml bottle of water😳😳...€7.80 for a can of Red Bull?!!

Exceptional service, facilities and friendliness!

• Reviewed: January 26, 2018

The room was a disaster
    • Deluxe Single Room

I've book the Deluxe room. When I arrived, the reception staff gave me the key for the room with the phrase "your Deluxe room is on the 7th floor". When I entered the room, I was perplexed. It wasn't even a standard room! It was no more than 10 square metres and without a bed! There was only a sofa that was no more than 1,7 m length (I'm 1.8 m, you know). The bathroom was with only a shower, and the water licked on the floor. In addition, the bathroom had a stone corner in the entrance which beaten your head. And everything in the room was old (I can provide you with photos!).  I called the reception and told them that it wasn't an expensive 5-star hotel room but a maximum 2-3-star room and they told me that they forgot (!) to tell me that they can't provide me my deluxe room that I've just paid in full plus a deposit almost equal to the room cost!!!  In the end they provided me a normal room for one night (the first night I had to spend at that terrible room!). They've also made me a small discount, but my vacation was completely spoilt.

• Reviewed: January 8, 2018

We would probably stay here again on our next Munich trip.
    • Deluxe Double Room

One member of the concierge staff was not very cheerful when we asked him about nearby churches and the schedule of the masses. It felt like we were 'wasting his time'. He could have been more gracious.

Central location of the hotel. Wide, spacious room with lots of storage closets. Excellent facilities (pool & sauna, garden terrace, access to a cinema - although we didn't get a chance to use it unfortunately).

• Reviewed: December 28, 2017

Historical hotel with modern deco, worth another trip.

The hotel seems understaff at the advent period, we spent quite some times waiting for services. I understand. The bathroom is fabulous, I loved the wooden heating floor. but the shower door is not completely sealed, the water can flow through the gap to the lovely wooden floor, I don't enjoy seeing wet bathroom floor. The 2 bedside lamps are not using the same colour lightbulb. One warmer than the other. The bed is too soft. My partner had some problems with the basement restaurant lady manager's attitude. We asked concierge to help us to book another place for two people, I learnt that we should be able to fit in, sharing a big table with other people, which is fine for me. We arrived the restaurant within 10 mins, we gave our names, the restaurant lady manager said she remembers she talked to Bayerischer Hof for 2 people... ok, That was us, but she doesn't have space at the moment... and not knowing when she can fits us in. I am not very much happy about this kind of miscommunication. We waited 30 mins in the cold, and decided to go back. At the end, we had room service, and the room service menu is very banal, sign.

We stayed in Bayerischer Hof 3 nights in advent. We arrived by car, and hotel provides valet parking for a fee. (it would be fantastic if the valet is able to prepare the car when they see me in the lobby at the morning. Some hotels are more able to recognise guest than the others) The deluxe room design is fabulous, I loved the walk-in closet. It makes me want to visit again to see other room. The location is perfect, we basically walking everywhere. The breakfast is great, beautiful roof terrace, just that I wished there were more vegetables options.

• Reviewed: December 26, 2017

the night club was below my room i could not sleep

the night club was below my room i could not sleep i was in the first floor second, i can smell the hotel kitchen in my room and in the way to the elevator the hotel already knew i have a surgery and i needed a better room

• Reviewed: December 24, 2017

Old world charm with modern world facilities

Absolutely nothing! Our family was super impressed

Old world charm with modern facilities. Super room, views and so centrally located. Can’t wait to go back

• Reviewed: December 14, 2017

Excellent. Will come again!! For sure! Add a solarium to your spa. Breakfast could be til later.

After check out/waiting for my chauffeur... not having managed to go for breakfast ... the lobby bar was closed/zero seating available due to the put up of some event structure ... I asked for a coffee to go and was presented with a bill of 5.90€ !!!! ... which I found ... petty ... to say the least!

Staff excellent. Refurbished rooms/choice better than I remembered your property. Fantastic old house. Love. Everything. Location best!

• Reviewed: December 9, 2017

Good, expensive , but will stay elsewhere next time

As above

Too large, somewhat anonymous and not really suitable for a lengthy stay. No facilities in room for tea or coffee making and mini-bar very expensive. Palais Keller bar excellent

• Reviewed: December 4, 2017

Disappointing for a five star hotel

For a five star Hotel the bathroom was very disappointing and in need of upgrading. The shower configuration over the bath was ridiculous and the sunken bath and glass shower screen made it very difficult to get in and out. Anyone with mobility issues would not be able to cope. For the price the hotel charges for their rooms you would expect a modern functioning bathroom. When I raised the issue at check out, the reception staff said that they would put a note on my file that next time I stayed I would be allocated a bathroom with a separate shower. Which is fine if you are returning! Obviously we were allocated one of their non renovated rooms.

Central location in the heart of Munich close to Marienplatz.

• Reviewed: November 12, 2017

Munich is a beautiful city, the hotel is just ok and not good value for money.

The room was small, warm and had an issue with water in the toilet. Was fixed very quickly but they did not change the floor mats!!!!

The bed mostly and the fact the we go a wooden floor room

• Reviewed: November 6, 2017

Marvellous!

Wonderful hotel. Free upgrade to a "standard" suite which was an extraordinary multi-roomed apartment with Jacuzzi! Wonderful, helpful staff and terrific facilities. Could not recommend more highly.

• Reviewed: October 27, 2017

nice hotel to visit Munich. We will definitely choose it again.

Breakfast could be better for 40 EUR a person. the staff on reception did not explain how to deal with a bit unusual electronic key.

the room is big enough for money we spent. Location is great.

• Reviewed: October 22, 2017

Very nice hotel for your stay in München.
    • Deluxe Double Room

We had problems finding the breakfast restaurant as we were not informed of it’s location at check in.

Rooms were quite nice and spacious. Good staff.

• Reviewed: September 20, 2017

Comfort.
    • Deluxe Double Room

There was construction in the hotel. I have family with 2 children and they gave us a room which is far and has bad view. Disappointing especially when you pay ahead before coming to the hotel and non of my requests happened. Not even a good wish for our anniversary. Other hotels have done great jobs but not this hotel

Comfort. Clean

• Reviewed: September 4, 2017

sorry but for the 5 star prices I would not stay again.
    • Deluxe Double Room

The hotel is now getting old and as they are starting to do renovations the noise was terrible. The breakfast is not that great for 40 euro each. The hotel room was so dusty in the cupboard and the rooms are run down. The shower was also run down.

This location was the best part.

• Reviewed: September 3, 2017

Not a five star hotel rating should be down graded.

Not a five star hotel as advertised. No-one came to greet us when we arrived. Over one hour for our luggage to arrive to the room. The room was very small and cluttered with too much furniture. The service by the staff around the pool area was very slow and it looks like they need help. Pretentious very unfriendly hotel.

Location was great.

• Reviewed: August 12, 2017

Will go back again.

Germans are by nature straight forward, nothing wrong about it, different culture.

Well equipped facilities catering to business requirements, a comfy decor and ambience just what the business traveller needs.

• Reviewed: August 8, 2017

The stuff are not very friendly they deducted from my...

The stuff are not very friendly they deducted from my account twice, they showed me at the beginning bad rooms but when I insisted they changed it, and my son's headphone desperate plus two of bags locks. I asked for water heater they brought at beginning dirty water heater, thank god that I checked the the heater which was for kid milk. Bad bad experience.

• Reviewed: August 1, 2017

Friendly staff, glamorous hotel, key position, very comfortable, discreet and high quality.
    • Deluxe Single Room

A bit more notice of restaurants being closed for private parties.

• Reviewed: July 11, 2017

Oh what a way to spend a special day!
    • Deluxe Single Room

There is not much that I didn't like besides that I only got to spend one night.

The room was very cozy and it was facing the main road with a balcony. The bed was soft but not too soft. The room was arranged were you could make the most of the space. The reception was very helpful to me. There is free guest WiFi. The breakfast buffet had plenty to chose from. The bars within the hotel were very well stocked and the Night Club has live music and a DJ. There is a deep tub but only the typical half glass for the shower part of the tub. There's a nice flat screw Screen mirroring Samsung TV with a mini bar and robe complete with slippers. There is a safe and a sofa inside.

• Reviewed: July 4, 2017

A perfect night in Munich!

Nothing!! 😊

The rooftop views are a must do in Munich. The rooms are really nice and comfortable. The breakfast buffet is really huge and the omelettes are awesome! The location of the hotel is just perfect and in the center of Munich. The free wifi is really fast.

• Reviewed: June 26, 2017

High end with all the amenities but needs some attention
    • Deluxe Double Room

Room was way too crowded with furniture; could hardly move around. Don't think that the particular room we were given was worth the price. Wall paper needs to be fixed or removed. Room looks like Tuscany---needs to be de-Tuscanized.

Service, quality and location was excellent.

• Reviewed: June 22, 2017

Fantastic hotel with rich history and all modern amenities
    • Standard Single Room

Nothing. The value for money was actually quite good, even though it is expensive.

The whole experience at Bayerischer Hof from check-in to check-out was excellent. This applies to the lobby atmosphere, the staff, the rooms, the exercise and pool/spa facilities, and the breakfast. Especially memorable was the morning view of the Frauenkirche and Marienplatz from the pool, not to be missed! The breakfast has an omelette counter and the selection was excellent and diverse.

• Reviewed: June 5, 2017

Lovely hotel and good location...but amenities could have been a little better.

I didn't like the fact that the hotel only provided shampoo and no conditioner. I have not been to a hotel that did not provide conditioner in quite some time. Additionally, the hair dryer was one that you had to keep your finger on to dry your hair. I had to push a button the entire time while drying my hair. These two factors made this nice hotel seem much less refined. I travel in Europe quite a bit and this is no longer common in the nicer hotels. Also, when I went out for a walk I asked if there was any water available and I was told there was not but I could call room service to purchase some. That wasn't a big deal though. I realize not all hotels have water at the front desk. This place was really nice and I enjoyed my stay immensely.

Nice property and people. The location was great.

• Reviewed: May 27, 2017

Don't be lure by the pretty photo !
    • Deluxe Double Room

The bed sheet definitely do not meet five star hotel stander, far from it. Every hotels 4stars and up, I been to, all over the world always provide complementary water, fruits, chocolate every day!! Hof only on the 1st day. Bath tub takes 20plus min to fill 1/3 only!!! Never recommend it! They have different theme for rooms, and the reception did not think to ask me or offer me the option!

• Reviewed: May 20, 2017

Close to Marinplatz.

The Garden Restaurant.... About 15 years, or so ago, we had dinner there. They charged a fee for the table cloth. Made me very unhappy for a restaurant in this fine hotel.....I didn't try that restaurant again till this year., after many years of staying at your hotel. First, they charged 19.8 euros for ONE ravioli appetizer, crazy...Then after getting the bill, I found that they charged 4.80 (?) each for bread and butter. I didn't ask for the bread and butter...for over $10, I would not taken it...and we didn't eat it ! Probably another 15 years or so till we try that place again !

Close to Marinplatz......a very good reason to stay here.

• Reviewed: May 16, 2017

Munich nugget!

Been there a couple of times but the staff always gives me the same newbe information. Maybe they should do a CRM upgrade - customer insights are key. I will still revisit but would like to see more engagement.

Location is perfect right next to the main shopping area and city center. Breakfast is also amazing with a great view over Munich. Rooms are big and comfortable.

• Reviewed: March 29, 2017

I will not go again to ths hotel
    • Deluxe Double Room

The wi fi was sooo bad every time u have to reconnect & it was so noisy outside ...the furnuterd was old we reseved jounior suit .no coffee machain no tea boiler

• Reviewed: March 19, 2017

5-Star Bavarian Excellence

Fantastic Bavarian charm updated to reflect a 5-star hotel. The staff at reception were very kind and accommodating to all requests. The room was large, luxurious, and well appointed. Food was good, however did not spend the $40 to try the breakfast. Look forward to staying in the future.

• Reviewed: February 27, 2017

Great facility.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Spa was confusing. No private shower outside the dry heat spa, so unless you wanted to get naked, you have to walk back to the locker room where there was only one. And of course there was someone it that one. Also, your spa check in is totally confusing.

Great facility.

• Reviewed: February 21, 2017

All in one - beyond expectations
    • Deluxe Single Room

Super nice hotels Very friendly staff Own movie lounge Amazing views of city at breakfast I almost didn't want to leave the hotel , it had everything and more I needed

• Reviewed: January 31, 2017

Nice room, great bathroom, liked the paintings in the...

Very over priced for somewhere claiming to be 5 star without coffee facilities in the room, or even free bottled water – 10€ a bottle is excessive by any standard.

Nice room, great bathroom, liked the paintings in the hallways. Staff were friendly.

• Reviewed: January 25, 2017

friendly staff valet parking
    • Deluxe Double Room

room for the price a little too small price for the breakfast too high should be included in the €450.- per night € 40.- per person for a cup of tea a slice of bread butter and jam ?

size of the bed

• Reviewed: December 31, 2016

Reserved two rooms and one was excessively hot.

Reserved two rooms and one was excessively hot. Asked three times for assistance and was told to keep window open. For this type of price I should be able to make the room anything from a tundra to desert at my option!

• Reviewed: December 29, 2016

Overrated

Had to phone twice for room to be serviced after 2:30pm 2 Single duvet covers on double bed?? Had to phone for towels. No breakfast included and rooms are small and pricy. Mandarin Oriental much better option.

• Reviewed: December 21, 2016

Fantastic hotel with excellent location and reasonable price.

Can't think of anything I did not like.

This is an excellent hotel and great value for money . The staff are professional and friendly. The facilities are amazing . The rooms are huge and comfy . The breakfast buffet had everything.

• Reviewed: December 18, 2016

Elegant and quiet hotel with excellent staff (especially the concierge team)
    • Deluxe Double Room

At the business office there was extra charge for internet use and the use of office facilities while we were paying €490 per night!!

Excellent room and facilities it was also very quiet

• Reviewed: December 12, 2016

Excellent place to stay to enjoy Munich

The hotel restaurants were all booked for the whole of our stay and they could have warned us to book in advance.

My room was very quiet even though there is no double door

• Reviewed: December 10, 2016

One of the worst hotels

There have been lots of uncomfortable and offensive problems during and after just 5 night stay. To name a few, they wrongly charged me twice, once for breakfast at my checkout, and once for mini-bar after my checkout. I did not use either of them. Hairdryer and kettle are request-base, which was unexpected for 5 star hotels. It seems they respect local events such as an automobile industry reception much more than travelers explicitly. I was annoyed by heavy smokes and busy space around their narrow entrance on such an occasion. On my arrival, one of the glasses in my room was unwashed with lipstick, and there remained white dusk on the desk also.

• Reviewed: December 5, 2016

Iconic hotel in the heart of Munich

Breakfast is always a zoo - also assumes you will drink champagne so the price is positioned accordingly

Location - perfect for a visit to Munich Iconic hotel - the place to be and to see

• Reviewed: October 13, 2016

The room was very nice, clean.
    • Standard Single Room

If I have to look at the details: the room was a bit noisy the first night (on a Sunday) due to the club nearby. The pool was closed and at (late - ca. 23:30) check-in the attendant at the reception was alone and somehow in a rush when another person appeared and wanted to be served behind me. I had to ask for key information such as wi-fi access, opening hours of spa facilities and was liquidated quickly. Additionally, the wi-fi was in fact not properly working and I personally find embarassing that one has to pay such high price for wi-fi to get anything but the slowest connection. 5 stars hotels that target business travelers shall no doubt provide fast connection for free. PS: €9,5 for a bottle of water in the room...seriously?

The room was very nice, clean. Everything was working well and personnel generally nice. Small but comfortable spa, especially the relax room. The location is top.

• Reviewed: September 27, 2016

Expensive and tiny window in first room.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Expensive and tiny window in first room. When I asked to move I got another slightly better, but not the kind of great room I expect for 700 euros a night.

• Reviewed: September 17, 2016

Nice
    • Deluxe Double Room

Not much actually, It is considered expensive, expected, so try to book in advance if you are interested in this hotel

Location is perfect, hotel is very prestigious nice to be in the hotel

• Reviewed: August 28, 2016

No longer the best.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Staff are getting ruder with each visit. Lobby is a cafe not really a lobby. It is always closed for functions and the mezanine one is always closed noone ever serves drinks there. We were given the most appalling room.. Orange floor, bed, lampshade, orange wall, orange curtain, yellow ceiling, totally orange bathroom.. Repulsive and for the thousands I payed for a 5 day trip it should not look so cheap. Pool is repulsive the mosaic is falling off everywhere. Needs rennovating.

The location.

• Reviewed: August 1, 2016

Beyond excellence

Sometimes we could hear the music coming from the nightclub.

A true 5 star experience. Everything was beyond excellent. Great location, very friendly staff, extremely clean rooms with comfortable beds.

• Reviewed: July 24, 2016

nice hotel in term of loction with limited facility compare with mony you pay
    • Deluxe Double Room

very costly and the toilet light was not working until morning there is no coffe machine at room and no Iron devise facility.

location is fantastic as it's very near from the marinaplatzer where all the market shops and restaurant café very near and the furniture is marbles mixing between the tradition and the modern.

• Reviewed: July 10, 2018

Air condition and room was clean

Break fast place

Air condition and room was clean

• Reviewed: July 6, 2018

• Reviewed: June 29, 2018

Good place for business or leisure

And the service

There atmosphere And the service

• Reviewed: June 29, 2018

none

• Reviewed: June 24, 2018

Overpriced
    • Deluxe Single Room

Extremely small room for high price. Overvalued.

Nice location