Reviews of Sofitel Munich Bayerpost This is the official star rating given to the property by an independent third party - the Hotelstars Union. The property is compared to the industry standard and scored based on price, facilities and services offered. Use the star rating to help choose your stay!

Bayerstr. 12, Ludwigsvorstadt, 80335 Munich, Germany

#62 of 366 hotels in Munich

• Reviewed: 20 October 2018

I pretty much like the location, close to the main train...
    • Duplex Junior Suite (2 Adults)

the spa/swimming pool/gym was at my stay under maintenance and I could not use the same! didn't get discount for that!

I pretty much like the location, close to the main train station and also close to the city, via a short walk! the Beds are very comfortable! Last but not least I am close to all my favorite bars and restaurants.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2018

wonderful place
    • Luxury Double or Twin Room

housekeeping always miss 1 or 2 amenities and complimentary water. and refridgerater for guest space is extremely tiny, impossible for even 1 bottel of beer.

Romm and Breakfask are awesome, and locations are GOOD!!! I'm looking forward to stayig sofitel munchen again.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

Fine for what we wanted
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Nothing but we did not use ( or want to use) any of the non- essential facilities. - gym etc. Not much atmosphere - people didn't seem to be around the place and the bar,which is very small for a hotel of its size,was very noisy and unwelcoming.Went there on first night for snack and drink but had to sit on corridor outside .Just didn't go there again or use any other eating or drinking facilities because of this

No problems with what we wanted.We did not use dining facilities ,apart from sandwich and drinks in bar. Breakfast and dinner etc overpriced but no problem as plenty of more interesting ( in terms of people,atmosphere etc) in the area.Concierge helpful in booking trips.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

Excellent staff, comfortable rooms and location is very good
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

A little bit stiff servers at the wine restobar

The lady at the check in counter when we arrived was so accommodating that we got our room early so we could prepare for our business meetings. Excellent attention given to us!

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Rubbish. Never again...
    • Duplex Junior Suite (2 Adults)

Almost everything was disappointing or not very good. The list is long. Where to start... I booked a Junior suite -- these are duplex with the bedroom/bathroom upstairs. The bed was supposed to be a double was actually two singles pushed together and they moved apart during the night. The blind has holes in it and so cannot really be called a blind. The bathroom is minute (the room would make more sense if the larger downstairs area was the bedroom/bathroom part and the smaller space was the living room. The room smelled of bad drains and the rooftop view was dull even though the window was immense. Room was service choice was poor and the food mediocre. Check and check out was inconistent, but worst of all was when maintenance just walked in to repair something despite the 'do not disturb sign on the door and the lock on' and he would not leave even though I told him to go (he interrupted us during an intimate moment!). The cost is exhorbitant for this kind of shoddy treatment. Don't, if you have a choice, stay there.

This will be the last time I will ever stay in this hugely overrated hotel. What did I like...that I was only there overnight and that I knew it would not be long before I left.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

Great stay but missing some essentials
    • Junior Suite (2 Adults)

Of course, it wasn't great that they had messed up our reservation. The wifi was far too slow for a luxury hotel. Also not a lot of English language television and you had to pay for cable. Felt kind of odd at a luxury hotel. Room was missing some essentials (e.g. complimentary tooth paste).

Really kind staff and beautiful lobby. They had messed up our reservation (we booked a suite) but they made it right by providing two deluxe rooms and also included a complimentary dinner. Rooms were reasonably nice. Room service was good.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

Design at its best
    • Luxury Double or Twin Room

We were not able to catch a space in the restaurant Delice and had dinner in the bar, after a long day at the trade show, there we did have a long wait and the food - burger and Caesar’s salads - were very much below expectations.

The breakfast was fabulous and I loved the room, the turn down and the personal touches

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Localização e arquitetura.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Worst 5 stars hotel I have been. Terrible service at restaurant, bar and spa. Dusty room. Noisy plumbing. Treatment is closer to a 4 star hotel.

Localização e arquitetura. Location and architecture

My go-to hotel in Munchen
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

I was disappointed that the room had only a shower and no bath. (Though the shower is amazing) . Maybe I did not book a room with a bath, I am not sure - had a bath with a previous stay and I know the rooms differ. The reception desks can be busy with a long waiting line

Beautiful building inside and out. The comfortable bed is worth coming back for. The hotel is really central. The Concierge was very helpful. Breakfast is a real treat. Love the Nespresso in the room.

Very small room but close to Munich's central sites
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Very small room, bathroom tiny except the separated shower. Room 671 must have been the room furthest away from the reception. Get readynfor a long walk

Location excellent with access to the city Center only a short walking distance away. Next to Central railway station Staff very helpful, help to take our luggage to station

Central location, nice spa and massage
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The air conditioning broke in my first room and then in my second. The initial response from staff was not apologetic at all. They wouldn’t let me change my reservation , telling me booking.com wouldn’t allow it but actually booking.com said the hotel would g allow it. My tv didn’t work in both rooms. I barely slept when I was there because of the broken air conditioning

Central location, nice spa and massage

A fantastic hotel that knows how to be a fantastic hotel.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

That I can't just live there :)

I can happily give my strongest recommendation to the Sofitel in Munich - from the surprise plates of chocolates and macaroons in my room, to the fantastic housekeeping staff, the amazing breakfast buffet (including honey still in the wooden frame from the bee hive), the wonderful bar and bar tending staff, the beautiful rooms and the super convenient location, this hands down my favorite hotel anywhere.

Good Location, close to the city center, the room was clean...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

I booked first mistakenly on a previous day, the hotel charged my CC for the room, I had to book again for the next day. would have appreciated if they refunded me.

Good Location, close to the city center, the room was clean and the staff are welcoming

Classy, slightly funky feel - feels modelled around a cruise...
    • Luxury Double or Twin Room

Near station - strangely erected sound barrier - maybe just build some kind of wall

Classy, slightly funky feel - feels modelled around a cruise ship - with all you expect, and get, from that. Desk staff great.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Central and excellent quality
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

lighting in the room is modern, and therefore complicated! :) took me a while to figure it all out.

attentive staff and great location for getting about Munich

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

The staff.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

We could not get a connected room's. But they did giv us to rooms next to each other.

The staff. Tge location. The space. It was good and comfort to stay there.

Small Family
    • Luxury Double or Twin Room

The AC was not cold enough although they changed the room for us the AC was not pushing enough cold air

The staff are pretty polite and always smiling and very helpful The location is the best The whole experience was nice

Location .
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

- Took long time for check in (4pm)as the rooms were not ready. I had to make a complain to the manager who was very nice and cooperative - Expensive

Location ..close to center and next to main train station

Great Location, very Central.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Cleanliness, bed linens were not clean the first night, had to ask them to change it.

Great Location, very Central. Good amenities, nice and friendly staff

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

The location is good.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The price is high as well as there is no parking near the hotel and I have to pay to get a parking. It takes long time to bring the car, it’s better if you call them to bring the car earlier.

The location is good. The cleaning. The stuff were helpful. I like staying here, and I recommend everyone to come.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Cleaness of the room
    • Junior Suite (2 Adults)

I booked a executive suite and after arriving from long journey and while check in, they informed me that they made a mistake and the room is not available!! It took about half an hour to discuss with the manager regarding this issue and what they are going to do!! Finally they gave me a loft suite which consist of two floor ( lower category room than originally booked) I have to accept that room because I have a fimaly with a child and infant and they are tired after long flight. The room was too dangrous for my daughter which is one year old because of the stairs on that room, have to watch her all the time not to fail down from that stairs.

Cleaness of the room Locaton Helpfull staff Parking service Good breakfast

Good location but bathroom needs a rethink
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Check-in was shambolic (and took 35 minutes), but mostly because some guests were rudely arguing with the staff. While not the staff’s fault, this should have been much better handled. The frosted glass bathroom (with sliding privacy screen) really needs rethinking. It provides some visual privacy but no acoustic privacy. 40 euro breakfast is a bit steep.

Good location near station, nice services and bar. Good size room.

Great hotel, amazing reception staff, location could not be better.
    • Luxury Double or Twin Room

Entrance a little crowded with cars to the point you have to navigate around them just to reach the main door. Not enough umbrellas for guests when it rains. Door staff less courteous to guests than the super awesome reception staff.

Arrived at 9 AM and was given a room despite being very early. Late check out was also not a problem (free till 15:00, at partial cost if later). Room was very nice, albeit somewhat small. Beautiful room/toilet design. Common areas are spacious and grand. Nice seating areas in and in front of the hotel. Hotel right in the middle of town with train and underground connections just outside the door.

Location, comfortable and clean rooms, very friendly staff...
    • Junior Suite (3 Adults)

Time of restaurant closing time is very soon and the bar needs more variety.

Location, comfortable and clean rooms, very friendly staff and elegant, Nice amenities and great support from concierge and door men.

Excellent location with available parking, need better toilet enclosure
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Room did not have window directly to the outside The toilet design lack privacy. the door is sliding glass with hole in it! makes you hear eveything from inside the toilet!! Expensive parking

Location is great Room is modern available parking

A lovely stay
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Very elegant hotel with proximity to karlplatz & Marienplatz. Great breakfast, nice spa. The hotel is right next to the main train station which is great for arriving, renting a car then just walk into the hotel and later departing easily. Very nice & helpful staff

It was close to the railway station was the reason we booked...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The room was warm and stuffy. The air con needs to be a lot cooler than 18d. I would hate to be there during the height of summer! We like to be able to open windows for fresh air. We felt the breakfast was expensive so we didn't bother.

It was close to the railway station was the reason we booked there. We had to catch a train to Nordlingen so it was ideal.

Super hotel.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Super hotel. Very friendly staff. Great location, Very Nice rooms and facilities. For people with dogs; best hotel ever with special area for dogs to run. A true 5 star hotel with a good price quality norm

Excellent conference facilities.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

On Thursday, upon the arrival, I have been waiting for one hour for the luggage to be brought to my room. At the reception desk, on Friday night, the receptionist left me waiting for more than 20 minutes with a simple question, while vividly entertaining in an Arabic language a person who did not seem to be a hotel guest; he neglected me in the most obvious way. When switching to the receptionist at the next desk, this one simply left with the Chinese guests he just checked-in.

Excellent conference facilities. Very good breakfast.

Hotel interiors, large rooms, comfortable bed, swimming pool...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Room leak after very intense hailstorm

Hotel interiors, large rooms, comfortable bed, swimming pool, convenient to Hauptbahnhoff train station, friendly staff who tried hard to make amends after room leak after a very intense hailstorm

Great location, super comfy bed, friendly staff
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Over-priced and really crowded breakfast, the free WiFi was unusable so I paid to use the premium WiFi (I hate when hotels do this, just make the WiFi fast and free)

Great location, super comfy bed, friendly staff

Very friendly and supportive staff.
    • Luxury Double or Twin Room

I always miss a "switch all lights off" switch close to the bed as there a lots of lights in the suite :-)

Very friendly and supportive staff. Easy and central parking.

after ordering watering, they forgot to bring it to my room.
    • Luxury Double or Twin Room

after ordering watering, they forgot to bring it to my room. I would have to follow up. It would be okay if that was the only time, 2 hours before checkout I ordered 2 more bottles of water. I did not receive them before I left the hotel, but they were delivered after I left and was charged for the water. Also when the brought in room service they brought the wrong food.

Outstanding location and excellent services.
    • Duplex Junior Suite (3 Adults)

Outstanding location and excellent services. Though, NOT recommended for family with children. Unlike other hotels elsewhere, family members more than 3 need to book the room on the top floor with an attic and stairs, which are dangerous for kids, in particular the infants. We have to be very careful to keep our littlle boy and girl to stay away from the stairs in case of accidents....

First stay in Bayerpost
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Our first room was a bit degraded. After talking to the receptionist, we immediately received another room which was much better

The Spa is really nice, breakfast is huge

We’d come again.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Got locked into room. Had to exit through son’s adjoining room. A bit of a scare.

Room comfy and bed very nice. Plenty of storage. Lightning a little out of place and mirrors not well lit. Shower spacious and easy to use with a great rain shower head. Great location.

Good hotel in a very convenient location.
    • Luxury Double or Twin Room

Weird toilets in the rooms, looking on to the bed. Not immaculately clean rooms.

Good hotel in a very convenient location. Excellent breakfast. Parking available.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

They offered me an upgrade for 20 Euros a day , but when i entered the room it there was a coffee stained on the floor and i accepted staying there but the room also was opposite to the service door so we couldn’t sleep from the noise... i went to them to downgrade me or upgrade me and they told me that i have to pay 350 Euros a day for an upgrade and I accepted that ( opera suite ) very dark suite all of it covered with black furniture .. i went back to them to change my suite but they told me that this is the only available one... Lastly, don’t ever think to call the reception they will not answer your calls at any time.. i called them more that 20 times in 10 min and they didn’t pick up .. i took 5 pieces of my luggage myself down to check out. My last time at this property and i don’t recommend it at all.

Room was nice comfortable clean good location staff at the...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Staff at the reception choose give more information not just take passport and credit card and no one help to take stuff to the room just give a room card then take care of yourself

Room was nice comfortable clean good location staff at the bar ISAr Bar excellence very friendly very impressive and all cocktails are very good

Beautiful hotel, location a little sketchy
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

we had a reservation, with confirmation #. They did not have the reservation, and they had someone else with our confirmation #. We had prepaid, and they did not have a record of that either. We paid for a second room and are currently working it out with our credit card company, Very strange.

Super helpful and friendly staff.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Nothing, ok perhaps the fact that there is no smoking facility, but that is not even worth mentioning it.

Super helpful and friendly staff. Good location. Modern large rooms with enough facilities. Cosy bar with good wines. Delicious Delice restaurant.

Very nice stay in Munich
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Very cold water in the spa; concierge was not really friendly.

Super nice staff in the restaurant, very kind with my baby. Nice room, well organized and very clean. Location nice, very quiet despite being close to the train station. Breakfast is great

Perfect location, stylish, modern and beautiful hotel with a...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

We were promised to be called when our room will be ready for check-in, but we were not, which was a bit disappointing.

Perfect location, stylish, modern and beautiful hotel with a helpful and friendly staff.

Luxury hotel in a fantastic location within walking distance to shopping and train station
    • Luxury Double or Twin Room

Staff is not friendly doesn’t get out of their way to help check in slow they seem to be understaffed same at bar and mini bar never refilled the coffee and tea or put cups

Lovely room comfortable luxurious good size

A lot of potential wasted for a very expensive breakfast and no TV entertainment
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

SPA sauna only for nudists Breakfast price at 40Euro! A bit outrageous The bed is big but not comfortable - too fluffy The TV had no movies for free - for a 5 STAR hotel this is not acceptable

Pool access included in the price

Overall the hotel has bern a great experience from really...
    • Luxury Double or Twin Room

Overall the hotel has bern a great experience from really nice staff, through comfortable beds and room to breakfast and the spa. The swiming pool is nicely designed and sauna and all the facilities are immaculate.

Relaxing sleep
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Just a bit dated design wise and over intense lobby Needs a little refreshing. Hotel layout a bit confusing. Breakfast staff waiting to take plates too soon.

Great beds and room. Breakfast good. Staff prompt despite negative comment above.

A relaxing weekend!
    • Luxury Double or Twin Room

This is a fantastic hotel to stay at. Large rooms, very clean, very comfy beds, fantastic bathroom, coffee machine, modern design, quiet. Very nice spa with swimming pool, sauna. Breakfast is great, but they charge it and it’s not cheap. Staff extra friendly and fast.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The whole experiance wasnt great. Its a big hotel, therefore there was alot of people checking in and out and yet only two people and the reception desk (always, no matter what tome it was), the rooms have no privacy where the bathroom is basically part of the room, and while checking out the hotel couldnt utalize the amount they have blocked earlier from my credit card as a guarantee (as according the the receptionist it was not possible) which i found very annoying because i ended up with double the amount i have paid to the hotel blocked for the next 10 days.

The rooms were ok

Excellent city, wonderful people and amazing history. Would highly recommend Munich to anyone.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

There was nothing I didn’t like at all. It exceeded my expectations.

The location was perfect. More or less everything was in walking distance. The staff where extremely nice and so where the people of Munich.

Great staff- guest relation Ms. Nora
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Dear hotel. We would like to thank you for warm and so professional way of hospitality. I made booking for your main management from Dubai and got good feedback of their staying in the hotel. I would like to say that Ms. Nora from guest relation shows amazing attitude and do last minutes requests. We really appreciate your help! With best regards, Margaryta

A pleasant mini-vacay in the heart of Munich.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Restaurant was so-so for dinner, and while the overall spa experience was fantastic, the massages we received were mediocre. Didn't seem the masseuses were able to maintain consistent pressure during the massage.

Bed was incredibly comfortable. Room looked out into courtyard and was very nice and quiet. Breakfast had a fair selection of food. This is THE place to book for its location, beautiful modern rooms, and friendly staff. The spa / facilities were great! The spa definitely put a lot of attention to detail although the treatment we received was only mediocre. Still, the pool, sauna, were all fantastic.

won't stay there again
    • Luxury Double or Twin Room

1) it took 2 hours to check in. They gave me the wrong room: i asked for 1 double bed as i have bad back condition as special request during booking (3 weeks prior to the stay) and they gave me twin bed room. then they said they will change the bed, but then they didn't. then i complaint and they gave me a double bed room. 2) The luggage transfer to the room: it took ages and i was almost late for my appointment. 3) Although pre-paid for my stay, they double booked provision and the provision stayed for 1 week on my credit card! - Had high expectations from Sofitel chain. Disappointment for this stay unfortunately.

isar bar & service at the bar was the only good thing.

Sofitel is the number 1 in the world

All is super

We celebrated Valentine's day with my husband in this hotel. First of all I would like to thank to all personell espesial mr.Ederer Sven who organized to us wonderful Valentine's Day. I appreciate all personel who were involved to this preparation of wonderful day. The Spa center was amasing. Sofitel is the N 1 hotel in the world. You will find all what you need here.

4 Star Hotel with the prices of a 6 star resort.
    • Duplex Junior Suite (3 Adults)

The hotel might have the facilities and prices of a 5 star Hotel but the service kills everything. Staff is polite and friendly but nothing gets done. Ive asked 3 times to make the couch bed on the Junior Suite (500€ a night) to 3 different people. They all said sure, right away. Arrived at 23:00 and nothing was done. Breakfast good but at 40€ per head for some eggs and bread is well over the top. I dont mind paying but if you do stay here be prepared to leave with the felling you were robbed. Wont recommend to anyone, wont stay ever again. If you want to charge Four Seasons prices you better have four Seasons services....

Hard to say.

Comfortable stay
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Extra bed may probably need some improvements

The doorman is extremely friendly. Room is small but comfy and clean. It is worth the money and reach my expectations.

Simply a great place to stay.
    • Luxury Double or Twin Room

All the staff are always welcoming and attentive.. The breakfast is excellent and the popular hotel restaurant offers real fine dining experience. It was a real bonus that the receptionist recognised us on our returning stay a week later. This member of staff is an obvious 'star' and a credit to the hotel.

the property has its layout quirks, but the rooms are nice and the staff is most helpful.
    • Junior Suite (2 Adults)

the windows in our suite were very small and looked out onto the old, opaque glass hall of the train station. the overall layout of this hotel is a bit strange. property is in an old post office, so there were probably quite some obstacles to overcome in making a luxury hotel out of it. the entrance is rather dark, and there is a back hall one wonders the purpose of.

for the most part, the staff hits it out of the park. viktoria wagenheim of guest relations went well beyond the call of duty when our son became ill. the hotel reacted to our call for medical assistance with complete professionalism. there was an emergency worker at our boy's bedside within minutes. also, the breakfast is magnificent. the maitre de svetalana was particularly kind and helpful.

A treat to myself and my girlfriend as it was our birthdays...
    • Luxury Double or Twin Room

A treat to myself and my girlfriend as it was our birthdays in January. Up there with the best! Very enjoyable stay. Facilities great, staff very friendly. Looking forward to returning!

A well catered for visit
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Unfortunately, a family who stayed in an adjoining room were making a significant disturbance and not respecting other's peace. This is not a reflection of the hotel. Staff handled this situation well by promptly offering us an alternate room to move away from the disruption.

Enjoyable aspects include the brilliant breakfast, Hermes toiletries in the room, the surprise gift of fresh celementines delivered that afternoon and very helpful staff.

Location is great.
    • Junior Suite (3 Adults)

Location is great. Amazing breakfast: dont have a chance to miss it. Family room is quite convenient. And recommendation for women: if you stay in this hotel, try to take some treatments at SPA - expensive but its worth to use it

Five stars!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

It would be helpful if the pool could be open to children during all its open hours, instead of limiting children to 5 pm. Kids behave better when they have a lot of exercise!

Delicious breakfast, very comfortable room, special amenities (pillow menu), fantastic shower, helpful and friendly staff.

Lovely but could be improved more
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Last time I booked the room is different with the one we booked this time ( my own mistake I ignored the description on the rooms’ details) we actually wanna the bigger room same as last time I booked, but finally booked this standard room without bathtub. I must say the standard room was a bit small for couples but it’s still bearable. And the bathroom sets were also less than the bigger ones... we stayed 3 nights there but only got one basic shower set no more refills, this was a bit annoying.

Second time been to this hotel, still very clean and tidy and well decorated everywhere.

A good choice if you care the breakfast and quality of shampoo. :)
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The way to breakfast area is not so clear, not only me but also see other guests, maybe can make a better sign.

The breakfast are so good, you have a lot of choice with warm food, and also some of them are on site production. The quality of shampoo and shower gel are very good, from Hermes. Also it is nice that the extra bed for child is free (my son is 5 years old). A good memory in Munich.

Overpriced and dissapointing
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Ordered a double bed - got two single beds pushed together which did not work Sold as a 5 star hotel - more likely to be 4 star or below Well overpriced compared to expectations Room very dusty and not clean and tidy (in fact smelly and dirty) 5 min eggs (Breakfast) OVERboilded (both baskets.. eggs = green and HARD) - waiters just don't care! - Breakfast OK but with a buffet which is not taken care of = messy buffet which does not looks good.. and I could continue.... Description on Booking.com overselling this hotel! I stay 100+ nights/year in hotels and sorry but this just not good enough!

OK bar area apart from inexperienced bartenders Fast and smooth reception and staff Nice welcome at arrival with "Bonjour" - however sorry I am not from France!!!!

Very good, but not excellent. Would stay here again. Location next to train station was perfect.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Lighting in the room and bathroom was poorly designed. The modern light fixtures looked cool, but were poor in function. Breakfast was just ok...quite a spread of food, but quality was not up to other Sofitel locations IMO.

Location was great. Very friendly and helpful staff. Clean. Great shower. But probably not the best Sofitel I’ve stayed at.

A lovely hotel with very good staff
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

We would have liked to have stayed longer!

This was the real deal of a Sofitel. It was accessible, comfortable, well positioned to access everything. Staff were helpful and accommodating. Restaurant was excellent.

Good overall
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The check out was made. Card was charged. After 1 week still a pending authorization which should have been cancelled on payment

Whole experience was good. Check in one of 4 rooms was late and were offered a welcome drink in bar. Very kind and courteous. Hotel is top class.

Very good spread for breakfast.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The lights in the room were too bright, especially the spotlights that shine towards the door. A bit pricey.

Very good spread for breakfast. Good layout and furnishings in room.

quiet spacious room with very friendly staff at excellent central location near the main train stati
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

- detail: bar to hang the towel in the bathroom. - like in most hotels I would prefer brighter lights in the room for comfortable reading

Very friendly helpful staff, excellent breakfast buffet with delicious juices

decent , really good value for money
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

it was dust in ventilation in bathroom and check out process a little slow

yes, hotel very good , staff excelent , near rail station , 20 minutes to centre

Overall, it was satisfactory. Could have been better.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Requested for joining rooms, informed during check in that no such rooms exist! TV in one room not serviceable. Requested for King Size beds but given two joining single beds instead for both rooms.

Location and staff were excellent.

Stay in style ..

Nothing not to like

The decor and style of the hotel was gorgeous. It is just outside the train station which makes it very convenient. The staff are courteous and helpful.. we had a pleasant stay ..

Adequate but expensive
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Reception felt a little lightly staffed on arrival, but staff were friendly. The entry feels a bit tired and could do with a cleverer focus on it being a former post office (I realise this is subjective). However, the hotel overall has a slightly chaotic feel - part hotel / part venue hire. Most of all, it is overpriced for what you get, even for Europe. My room was euro 222 and breakfast was going to be euro 38 on top of that. That the is way off with the average 20-30 in most hotels. And bizarrely, the room service breakfast offers better value. The rooms were also very hot and hard to control through air conditioning.

As you would expect with a high rated hotel, the beds were excellent as was the housekeeping and room service. The showers were also excellent.

Staff were very helpful especially housekeeping staff.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The bed was made of two single bed which moved away from each other if you lie down in the middle which was really uncomfortable and inconvenient. The lighting inside the bathroom is too dim and dark.

Staff were very helpful especially housekeeping staff.

Browse Sofitel Munich Bayerpost traveller photo gallery