Reviews of Hotel Berlin, Berlin This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services offered. It is based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Lützowplatz 17, Mitte, 10785 Berlin, Germany

#300 of 579 hotels in Berlin

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Rooms are really greate and clean, we have free upgrade :) Everybody was very kind, we are very satisficed and we will return to this hotel! Thank you!

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Functional but not cozy. Checked out Thursday and had a coffee cup (containing coffee dregs) on desk and a blob of shave gel on top next to sink that had both been there since Monday morning. Bar staff rude. Service slow even when quiet.

Breakfast buffet choice quite good

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The reception staff especially Eileen & the Managers were so helpful as I lost my wallet on the Hop on Hop off bus & they phoned the buses & the same day my wallet was found, if not for Eileen & her Managers this situation would have been a total disaster! So again a big “thank you” .

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Terrible customer service. Everyone at the reception seemed to be doing us a favour and in such bad mood - except for one lady who seemed to be the senior manager.

Never slept in such a comfortable bed in a hotel in my life. The pillows were amazing and the size of the room was great!

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Mini fridge was making strange noices at night, so had to turn it off. Dont think it was working at all.

Quick checkin, comfortable beds, everything reachable by metro, coffee in the room.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The view from the room wasn't great and would have good to have room service not just for breakfast - which I felt was very expensive.

It was very clean and well presented. Loved the style of the rooms. Great location for everything.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Very nice hotel. The room was big and clean. The location was good, not perfect. However, in 10 minutes walk you could reach lot of restaurants and cafeterias. I would recommend it.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Great location. Close to Nollendorf Platz train station which is a hub for transportation all over the city. Actually good restaurant food. Asian Salmon burger was to die for!! will definitely return!!

• Superior Double or Twin Room

We had a small problem at the beginning but the management did very well with solving it. Gd management with a high problem solving skills. Note that the hotel has a cooling system not an air conditioner so on high level degrees be carefull.

As above

The Air conditioner didn’t work and it was unusually hot They repaired it once then I woke up at midnight sweating. They didn’t have a person to repair it at that time so I was moved during the middle of the night. The safe didn’t work and they attempted to fix it but never could. The person who helped me moved during the night didn’t known how you turn the lights when you get in a bedroom???? You have to put the plastic card d in a receptacle on the wall. I really wasn’t happy but they gave me a free drink and a free breakfast since I demanded it. Staff very nice which is their only good point

• Premium Double Room

BUT, upon arrival, the gremlins where there. Nothing in the room, no details, not even a directory, needed 2 trips to the reception since no one picked up the phone. Sink in bathroom, didn't empty, had to call for technician. Bathroom a tad small for 2 persons but at the end it worked out well. and we where quite happy

Great Location, Room choose very nice, overall quite happy. Service staff super nice and friendly, superb attitude. Love the Lobby Bar, and especially the outdoors area. Breakfast was really well done and enjoying it while sitting in the garden, perfect.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

- very noisy: we had an internal room overlooking a kind of AC / aeration system (additionally not a nice view) which as very loudly and prevent us to sleep well - big hotel (probably hundred of rooms) which lack of personal touch - location is misleading, not really part of Mitte area - we initially thought that the hotel was much central that it is

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Rude staff, no air conditioning in our room, changed a room but no Wi-Fi. Very problematic! If I could rate a negative star, I would! We've stayed in this hotel for three nights. Throughout the first night on this hot summer, the air conditioning wasn't functioning at all. Went down to the reception, one of the lady said that during the summer, the aircon system had some problem and suggested us to open the window and supplied us a mini fan......... That is fine, however on the second day, the temperature rise and we couldn't take the heat. Went down again and they would sent a technician to fix the problem. Technician came, seen, tried to repair and never came back. Went down the third time to request for a new room. The lady was kind enough to offer us a new room. Once changed, the air cond was slightly better but the Wi-Fi however was not working......... Next day, we went down again and told one of the receptionist about this issue, and received a rude response from him. He was being both perfunctory and sarcastic to us, asking if we 'wanted to change a room JUST BECAUSE OF THE WI-FI'. It makes us feel like we did not pay for the air-cond and Wi-Fi facility when we actually did! So disappointed, would never recommend HOTEL BERLIN to anyone.

Room deco and style. Good for the eyes, bad for the body and soul.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

A little bit expensive but compared to all the others the price point was good. Also we booked the fancy designed blue room from the photographs but when we arrived they told as that they made a free upgrade. The room was very good at the top floor, very spacious but the one we booked seemed to have more vivid design.

Great hotel! Very very clean!

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Personal in the reception is only Two and we have to fall in line so long,

I like the place and the room but my first day stay there was horrible the air conditioning was not i expected , it was warm, we could not sleep and could not open the window. I went to the reception and they said they will check on it, but nobody checked on it. Too disappointed .

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Nice design hotel, good place near to Tiergarten, it's easy to reach the city with the Bus 100 and easy to get there from the airport. The bed is comfortable, the room is big enough. The bar is great.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

We didn't have breakfast in the hotel, because it was too much expensive!

Big hotel in a good position to visit the city, East and West too. The tube's station is near, but we prefered to live Berlin by foot! We liked the room.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

the connection between two parts is confusing - e.g. third floor of the main part connects with second floor in the side part. Since there are only two spots with elevator shafts you can get a room that is rather far from them and involve some walking.

good location for exploring Berlin great snacks at the bar very nice breakfast

• Standard Double or Twin Room

It was generally ok. Breakfast is nothing special, but its ok and reasonably priced (12.5). Would be cool to have swimming pool. Huge hotel

Good price to quality ratio. Very quiet inside rooms, cool audio system, nespresso with capsules and teas available in every room. Fresh, recently updated rooms.

Nothing that I disliked

The room,cleanliness and awesome hotel staff.Location was great.I and my partner had booked this hotel last minute and managed to get a room with separate beds.However on arrival at the hotel,the receptionist upgraded us to a premium room.The room was awesome and big.Everything was perfect about the room.I would definitely stay again in hotel Berlin if I happen to visit Berlin again.Location is great.5 mins walk to the bus stop 100 and 10 mins walk to the train station.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

It was a bit funny that there were no toiletries in the room. Just the shower gel/shampoo dispenser. Nothing else. And for the money we paid I was expecting the bathrobe and the slipers for the sauna to ve available. It can also be that the price was so high because of some events that took place in that weekend and normally this should be much lower.

The hotel is close to the Zoo and has a close Metro station too. A few restaurants where you can eat, so all was OK. Super clean room and comfortable bed, good coffee and clean towels.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The lack of privacy. The bathroom and the shower were connected to the bedroom by a class window. Your taking a shower or sitting on a toilet could be seen whoever you were traveling with.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Very happy with the stay nothing to improve!

Staff we're excellent, they helped with restaurant recommendations so we could avoid the tourist traps, gave us a late checkout, and helped with airport transfers! The hotel was really close the the great park and beer garden, and excellent local restaurants. Definitely need to use the bus and metro because Berlin is huge! Thanks!

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The bathroom was quite dirty and terrible smells coming out of the pipes. Also, someone walked into by room at 7am. Fortunately, I was already fully dressed. The works is that complained to the staff but they didn't care at all or even extended an apology. Never again

Location was great

• Standard Double or Twin Room

There is a gym and sauna but no pool.

The room was furnished really well and had lovely artwork on the wall. Great location, easy to get int the city on bus or walk to the park.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The only one disatvantage I faced was the air conditioning: it vent is directed to the bed and I didn't know if I could change it so it was blowing air directly on me sleeping and without the AC on it was to hot in the room.

The staff is very friendly and helpful. Hotel is well equipped (bar, sauna, fitness) and the location is just perfect - close to the city centre, perfect place for weekend stay. The bed is extra comfortable, room and toilet very clean, quiet even though it's located at quite busy street.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Room was very small (admittedly a single room) and there was no space to sit and work at a desk, the pull-down shelf not adequate. Unfriendly barman.

On a bus route, not far from a main station, near the park, so position is very good.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

They could place an extra mirror into the room as the only one in there is inside the bathroom. The Nespresso Machine next to check-in desk seems there for the people that are checking in but eventually if you want to have one you have to pay. I think that would be better either to remove it from there or just offer it if someone is asking for it.

They offer a wide variety of food during the intercontinental breakfast, the staff at the reception was really helpful, they've contacted me by email do organise and finalise the surprise I have made to my partner. Overall it was a great staying for us and whether we'll get the chance we'll definitely be going back to visit them and especially Berlin :D

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Even though we put up the 'please make up my room' sign every day, we only got fresh towels once and the sheets weren't changed throughout our 7-day stay. Besides that, everything was ok.

The room was better in person than in the photo!

• Standard Double or Twin Room

I had bad experience as thieves were standing at main entrance and he has stolen my purse. lost my cash but luckily, got my pass port. There was no cctv camera at entrance which can help to trace the thieve. Staff was not able to help out through available CCTV.

Ambience of Hotel was very good.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Some building work being carried out early in the morning on one of our mornings there. Not too much around the hotel but only a 10 minute walk into the busier town which more restaurants and bars.

Lovely big rooms, very modern hotel too. All staff were super helpful and had good English as well.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The light in the relaxing area of f the SPA was way to bright and the music was not relaxing. 2 of 4 showers near the Sauna did not work.

Very good fitness facilities and nice SPA. Very friendly & helpful staff.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Not really close to the centre. You had to get a bus or the tube For this price thay had at least to offer slippers The lobby is not really beautiful and the receptionist not really organised. Every time we asked for something they didn't really know what to do. They didn't have slippers for the sauna, or decaf capsules for the Nespresso machines

Clean room Nice sauna a little bit small though Really comfortable bed and pillows Cleaning everyday by very kind people

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Not to comfortable pillows, it would have been better if they were more bulgy, but that is something personal. No worries

Excellent breakfast, clean room, very good location, near the underground for transportation and near Tiergarten for walk in the park.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Staff messed up reservation for second night so our room never got cleaned or fresh towels. The rest was excellent.

Walked to sightseeing and a very nice area.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

They held a conference on the main floor during my stay. It was a bit difficult to navigate through the crowd and created lines for taxis, front desk etc .

The hotel was not “luxurious” in the traditional sense (think Ritz Carlton). However, it was clean and nice with a great, helpful staff. I thought the breakfast was good and there was both a nice gym and bar on site. Great location - I ran in Tiergarten every day of my stay. Good value for money.

• Premium Double Room

nothing. it's not a luxury or typical business hotel and that's probably a plus more than a minus. I felt really happy here.

24 hour fitness room with the most modern equipment I've ever found in a business hotel. super impressed. the free printing is unheard of and the personnel in the hotel was friendly, helpful, fun and positive. I was on a business trip and had a problem with the hotel I was supposed to be in so had to find something on my own and in a rush during a very busy time in Berlin. I'm really happy I discovered this hotel and will definitely go back for work or on my own, visiting the city.

Poor WiFi

The location was okay. Rooms were tidy but the WiFi was hugely disappointing especially blocking my access to whatsapp which was the only means to communicate with my family

• Standard Double or Twin Room

All was good, maybe location with interesting people and bars around was a bit not what i expected, but nothing bad at all. Thanks.

Staff was really friendly. We got everything we needed. We asked to turn on sauna when we felt like going to sauna and they did it, and also gave as some extra towels and halat after running and taking sauna. Nice gym.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

It was really a disappointment, as I picked this hotel especially because of the very attractive photos of the room: they looked trendy, modern and really tasteful. The reality was the most basic and standard double room, nothing like on the photos. I felt really disappointed and as I had event for only one day in Berlin, it totally ruined it.

The location only.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Loved the décor of the hotel. Location was great. Staff were friendly and very helpful especially when it came to booking dinner for our one night stay.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

We are next to entrance so that its a little bit noisy and cold. Pillows are thin and not comfortable you need extra.

Nice and neat athmosphere. Fine location, near to tiergarten.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Money reservation for room on the card continued for quite long time after leaving the hotel.

Excellent location nearby bus and sightseeing bus stops, quite close to the metro stations, park, many of attractions and shopping area. Excellent breakfast. Spacy, stylish and clean rooms. Big and convenient bathroom. Responsive staff.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The staff welcomed us in a warm way, it was easy and uncomplicated. I would recommend staying here. The room we had had a large closet, I have rarely seen hotel rooms with that much space for your personal belongings.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The system of a hotel blocked 50 euros twice during our stay. As the staff said it was automatically, so we were a little disappointed to spend 100 euros for nothing - you know it’s a good amount for every tourist abroad as you may find a lot of places and things to spend them on. Money was unblocked after check out but this process may vary in different banks.

We were surprised to see such a big hotel. Perfect location, safe. Tasty breakfast with a wide choice.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Hotel was on reforms,and they placed us near the place where reforms were taking place. The last day of our stay, it became extremely noisy very early in the morning, so we could not sleep properly before our flights.

Hotel is beautiful, rooms are stylish and clean, it's decently located, and staff is attentive.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Air con not working in building, superior twin room wasn't available due to refurbishment. Had room booked over 6 months but hotel had never contacted me that room is paid for wasn't available. Not offered refund of difference. Had no record of breakfast upgrade despite taking money from my a/c. Had to show them confirmation from booking.com

Great location, good sized comfy rooms

• Standard Double or Twin Room

I didn’t like that my breakfast was not included in the room price. The soap dispenser was never refilled while I stayed there and it ran out of soap. The bar downstairs had trouble charging my card and asked for cash. To ask for cash is low quality.

Staff was very courteous

Nothing comes to mind.

Spacious rooms, very good breakfast and nice bar with good choice of food. The location was very good for my purpose and the hotel is close to underground and bus stations. Nice to sit outside when the weather is pleasant.

'

I got a really good offer for the room. The staff is very friendly, and everything was perfect during my stay there. Very close to the U-bahn station and you can basically go everywhere in just few minutes.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The room did not smell fresh and it was extremely hot at night. Having the windows open was not an option as the road outside was very busy all night.

The hotel was satisfactory and provided a good breakfast. The staff were helpful and polite. Having a taxi rank outside the hotel was very useful.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

This hotel offers exactly the standard that is presented here. Modern, very clean, pleasant on all fronts. We have already stayed here three times over the course of three years and our experience was always just great. The location is very convenient, easy to get everywhere. Also, the beds are very comfortable and I personally really like the fact that the double bed was actually one mattress (not two separates ones).

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Although room located at back of hotel there was some noise from downstairs disco on Sunday night. Also, there were a couple of times during the weekend when the TV system appeared to be `down` as we couldn`t get any channels to load.

Friendly and helpful front desk staff. Spacious room with large comfortable bed. Plenty of storage space including safe and small fridge. Coffee maker. Large windows that you could actually open. Big screen TV with plenty of channels. Only short walk to Berlin Zoo, the nearest U station and a number of bars and restaurants.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The lobby looked more like a weird airport holding area - but I see that they are currently doing renovations to improve this.

Rooms were beautifully decorated - the bathtub was a bonus after a hard week at a conference.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The room was great and bed was comfortable. Great location. Within walking distance of Shopping street. Rather Central. Bus Stop right across the road. Underground station was just 450 meters up the road. Very efficient service and staff very helpful and friendly. Very busy hotel lots of conference type clientele.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

There were no restaurants or caffes around the hotel. You have to walk 10-15 mins to reach a decent food place.

It was very clean and spacious. Very comfortable bed. Nice bathroom. A

• Standard Double or Twin Room

the topper of the mattress and breakfast space when fully booked

The croissant and coffe when leaving breakfast room as take away is perfect, The topper of the matress is moving . should be changed. Otherwise nice newly redecorated rooms and a good Barr´throom and wifi

sometimes it was hard to find way to lobby, many elevators but no signs.

Good location - approx. 500m to U-Bahn. Many restaurants nearby. Parking place located next to hotel. Hotel is very big, and sometimes it was hard to find a way to lobby, but rooms are comfortable and big enough. Breakfast is good. I recommend this hotel.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Only a few things to comment for example, there isn't a restaurant as such to have a meal in peace and quite after a long day of meetings. Since it was ITB it was constantly busy and noisy, so we had to go out to have a relaxing meal. Room amenities are quite basic and believe that they should at least put a face cloth in the bathrooms.

The rooms are quite fresh and comfortable and the staff are very helpful plus the location is perfect if you have to attend ITB as it provides a shuttle to get to Messe. There are also several eateries within a few minutes walk from the hotel.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Empty fridge. Very complicated drinks machine. A kettle would be better and teabags and fresh milk. More toiletries in the bathroom and a shower cap. I don’t like the neon sign in reception. Cheapens the look of the hotel.

Very comfy bed.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Facilities were too old. The bed was not very comfortable. No bathrobe, no slippers. The blanket was very thin and towels were very poor quality. It was a huge disappointment.

The staff was super friendly and thank you for that. Cleanliness was okay as well

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The stuff weren’t very friendly by welcoming the guy was makin fun of my german evetho im not german and i was tryin to speak it, plus its hard to find parking without payin

Its close to different nice areas

• Standard Double or Twin Room

There was no view from our window... but it did not matter so much that during the day we toured Berlin

Breakfast is very nice. Includes a wide range of foods and drinks. (A relatively small variety of vegetables). Simple coffee machine, lots of tea.

• Premium Double Room

The only thing that I found a little discomforting was the failure of the heating system. It is winter! I expected the heating system in the room to work perfectly. It was freezing!

In general, I liked the cleanliness of the room, the calm environment, the services and the small office with access to internet connectivity in the room for work.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

For me, the bed was too hard, the pillows were too soft, and there was no iron. Despite this, the staff promptly provided us with a matress topper, firm pillows, and an iron! There is nothing I could complain about with this hotel, as they had an answer for anything, as well as excellent facilities.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The room was not very modern in style. Sadly the pillows provided in our room were overused and completly flat. We should have asked for new ones I suppose but after a day's visiting the city, we crashed out from exhaustion. As far as the hotel restaurant is concerned, the food is reasonnable but could be better. However it did not overshadow our stay.

A very enjoyable and mostly comfortable stay. The room was in good condition. The bathroom was a great size. We enjoyed the staff's efficiency whatever our request: we had no water in the shower one morning and it was fixed over the short time we had breakfast. As far as the hotel restaurant is concerned, the bar is really nice and cosy. The food is reasonnable and the waitors/waitresses were delightful. Breakfast was our favorite part of the morning. The ladies suppervising were great. Thanks for making our stay so nice.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

It would have been very helpful if the staff at reception or at customer service had a list of restaurant recommendations plus brief details of distance to these restaurants.

Very efficient service and staff very helpful and friendly.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The staff at the recepcion was not really friendly when I made my questions, I suppose because it’s a big hotel with many rooms which can accommodate many people, and they don’t really care about all the complaints of the guests or they would freak out. Something usual in big hotels, too much people for too less staff. We took some drinks in the bar at night and the staff was really friendly but they were kind of lost with the drinks, they needed really long to serve us our drinks and they gave the wrong drinks to the table next to us and so on, in my opinion they should check the management of the bar or supervisor so small failures like this don’t happen. Besides that we really enjoyed our drinks and the friendliness of the staff made it better.

The breakfast was really good and the bed was comfortable! The lobby was sweet and the gym was nice.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

It’s located near public transit, which makes it easy to get around. I really enjoyed the decor of the room and the bed was very comfortable. I found some nice places to eat nearby. I also tried the hotel restaurant. I had great service one night, but the second time the service wasn’t the best. I had to wait awhile for my beer and the waitress to return for my order and then the bill.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

My first night. Not what I booked and didn't appreciate having to get out of bed to hearing cleaning staff banging at 8am!

The first night of arrival for me was rough start as I came from airport after an 8 hour holding in Tegel and that was because they had a bomb scare. For real. So our flights were postponed by days. I had to stay back after already spending one week for Berlinale Film Festival. The first night wasn't best as I got put in very old suite on 1st floor. I checked my booking and I had the newer suite with nespresso machines, and asked higher up. I had a new girl who escorted me to suite so I commented when I walked in, "this isn't what I paid for and its old". But I guess they were overbooked from a conference. The next day I was switched to a very nice suite, as per pic with a blue headboard! It was very spacious, showers hot and very nice. I extended my stay for another day as a result. The staff is very knowledgeable. Ask for Erik. Area is ok, you have to subway to sites. Its a bit less cultural, construction but overall this is Berlin lately! Strange mix of historical buildings with new. The bar and gym/steam is fabulous! Great Italian restaurant across the street. Felt safe as a female.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The hotel claims to be an international hotel. The channels on the tv were almost all in German. Only CNN and BBC World were available, but nothing for entertainment. We like to enjoy a show or a movie while relaxing, this is a basic service of a hotel. But here it was lacking, not even a service for us to rent a movie. We normally can attach our own mediabox but there was no way to access it because the tv was closely attached to the wall. We asked the reception, but they couldnt come up with any solution. That service was lacking, there was no pro-active attitude, and for an "international" hotel only German channels is not up to par.

It was almost perfect for our weekend trip.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

We did not like that a cleaning lady came into our room despite the sign 'do not disturb' - we did not need our room cleaned. Overall, we loved the hotel.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The bathroom was not very clean. Only got one access card for 2 persons.

It's a huge hotel, a good dining options on site. Easy to reach from the subway station Fast housekeeping in the morning Well organized breakfast

• Standard Double or Twin Room

I expected to have sanitary kit in the bathroom, considering this was a four star hotel, but there was not even hand soap provided until I’ve asked for it from the reception. Also, no slippers were provided. The wifi signal was very bad/slow. Television had almost no english language channels, mostly german.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Nothing I would complain for.

Everything was perfect. We booked this hotel the same day in which we would have arrived in Berlin. There was a super special offer and price, compared to what we experienced, has been an amazing deal! Clean, comfortable, wide spaces and excellent service. If I come back to Berlin, I will definitely go there.

Browse Hotel Berlin, Berlin traveller photo gallery