Reviews of Hotel Bejuna This is the official star rating given to the property by an independent third party - the Hotelstars Union. The property is compared to the industry standard and scored based on price, facilities and services offered. Use the star rating to help choose your stay!

Stresemannstrasse 20, Stadtmitte, 40210 Düsseldorf, Germany

#184 of 197 hotels in Düsseldorf

5.6

5.6

6.2

Ok for a night stay.
    • Double or Twin Room

It was super hot so you have to keep the window open as there is no AC, noises from the street woke us up a couple of times in the night.

Since we were there only for one night before catching an early shuttle to the airport, location was the main thing we needed. Bed was comfortable and the room was super clean, I guess the place in general may need a bit of maintenance but it was ok for a night. There are lots of asian restaurants close by which was great since were were wanting a break from the food we were having in general.

Not recommended. This is a trouble house. Stay away from it.
    • Double or Twin Room

I got a broken room abd even I complaint at the spot nothing has been done about it. I had to abandon the property after payment. Booking.com could’t help.

Nice location.
    • Double or Twin Room

They room they gave me had nothing to do with the room I had booked. I had to insist and call Booking.com in order to get the right room. The room they finally gave me was bigger, but noisy and really old.

Nice location.

Very good space in the room and the balcany it’s a plus.
    • Double or Twin Room

I wold like to do a complain about the confusion last night (11/05) People screaming and bagage roling down the stairs, people crying and all kind of violence that we are not accostumated to see, and the worst it was in the medle of the night like 02:00AM. You people really need to have a staff person responsible to solve and avoid this despicable situation. I’m really desapointed because the hotel is good but there’s no security for the guests. We stayed really scared with this acquard situation. Sorry for this but I really need to clarify this situation, it’s unacectible and I never see situation like this in a Hotel in my life.

Very good space in the room and the balcany it’s a plus. Internet not so good but it’s an Ok space to visit the city and have a good time there.

Super expensive for 1 star hotel.
    • Double or Twin Room

I was redirected to Hotel Doerenkamp across the street. The hotel room was worse than "basic", the furniture seems to be collected from second-hand store. Worst of all was the hygiene. There was still stains and blood on the toilet and in the bathroom. Furthermore, although I had a non-smoking room, it smelled like someone has smoked there so all my cloths smelled as cigarette after I left. Overall, the price is ridiculously high for what you get!

The host was nice and friendly.

The receptionist gave me the room next to my parents.
    • Double or Twin Room

The washbasin isn't in the toilet, but inside the room, which is uncomfortable. Besides, due to the fact that the doors of the rooms face the stairs and aren't soundproofed, it's very loud when people climb the stairs.

The receptionist gave me the room next to my parents.

Not really pleasant.

I did not liked the fact that the room wasn't how I expected, the heating system was very poor and the bathroom wasn't clean.

I really liked the breakfast and the fact that it was close to the central station.

I came late at night and the person at the reception told me...
    • Double or Twin Room

I came late at night and the person at the reception told me that they had a waterdamage and they couldnt find a room for me, even thou I had a reservation (they didnt try to contact me in order to tell me). Had to walk around the city for and hour to find another room. I stayed in the hotel before, its noisy and with poor facilities, not recommendable if you have alternatives.

I would not recommend to stay in this hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

The worst hotel I have ever stayes so far.Personal was absolutely unfriendly, a reception is really close to a rooms,so it was impossible to sleep due to a noise

Close to the center and main station

not bad, but and not good
    • Double or Twin Room

The room is very old, everything breaks in hands. Washbasing located in the room. Separately from the bathroom. Doors close very bad. Gaps are very big, no noise insulation. There is balcony, but access is not available because of the bed.

Big room, the fresh up was every day

I could leave whenever I wanted.
    • Double or Twin Room

No kettle, the bath was ridiculous, the sink was in the bedroom, the floor was dirty, my girlfriend and I had to sleep in different beds, the staff were never there although it says 24hour reception and the place was dirty and noisy. The worst part is, which makes me sick! Is that due to the shower head being loose and the water being cold, I had to leave the shower running. The shower head was loose which means the water pressure moved it so quite a bit of water went on the floor. My girlfriend and I cleaned up most of the mess and no one was around to report to. Too my surprise when I checked my bank account, the Hotel Bejuna had charged me £544 (roughly €630.00) without informing myself or booking.com. I am still waiting to find out if I get a refund as the charges are ridiculous and illegal.

I could leave whenever I wanted.

Functional but not comfortable

The sink in the room, the night lamp that did not work, the door to the room that was loose even when locked and kept banging at every movement and that let in a lot of noise.

• Double or Twin Room

We only stayed one night but the hotel seemed pretty quiet. Our room was clean and comfortable, the staff was friendly and the location excellent. Great value.

Great Location and value for money.
    • Double or Twin Room

Rooms are not noise protected, so, you can hear nearly everything outside the door. I would suggest to imporve that.

Great location, walking disctance from the Old centre. Great price and very frinedly staff.

Overall a good experience.

Beds were a little soft, but that is a matter of personal preference.

Great location right in the center of town with access to restaurants and shopping. Walking distance to train station. Friendly and accommodating staff and relatively quiet.

Great room on a budget
    • Double or Twin Room

The room was lovely - quiet, clean, comfy bed and we had a balcony which was a nice bonus. Staff friendly and professional. We paid 60 euro for the room so great value.

This hotel does not have its own parking, there are parkings...
    • Double or Twin Room

This hotel does not have its own parking, there are parkings near by. staff threatened to give us 30 eur fine when we didnt check out by 11.30 (check out time is 11.00)

• Double or Twin Room

At day time the heating in the room was light and at night they were switching heating off and we were sleeping with clothes it was so cold in the room. When we told in reception about heating they said that heating was all the time switched on but it was a lie, no heating at night. Also blankets were too short if you turn to another side in bed you would feel cold. If you are staying in winter you need 2 blankets to stay warm.

it could be better if there was nothing happened in the midnight

A man knocked the door that next to our room in the midnight, the sound was so big that all of us waked up. after a long time, the staff came and solved the matter.

excellent location, friendly staff, big and well-facilitied room

Don's stay in this hotel and they are cheating.
    • Double or Twin Room

I booked the room with Private bathroom and I booked the hotel of Bejuna, however, they send me to another very low class hotel on the opposite street without the bathroom. I need to share the bathroom outside with other rooms.

only the location

:(((

It cost more than 400 euros for 1 family room. Waiting outside for check in (about 10 min) Absence of hot water- inability to take a shower. Been told that all block did not have hot water. At the same time gave the ability to take a shower in upstairs room.

Breakfast. Staff was friendly and was trying to accommodate for the absence of hot water.

The location is perfect for a night out in Düsseldorf and...
    • Double or Twin Room

In one of our rooms the door to the bathroom was stained with some liquid like coffee. It would be an easy fix to wipe that off and improve the experience.

The location is perfect for a night out in Düsseldorf and the value is good for a short stay. A clean room and a comfy bed to sleep in on a budget was what we were looking for and Bejuna offered this exactly.

Location is 20min from the city center, from train and bus...
    • Double or Twin Room

We arrived at 01:00 next day, hotel know out arrived time. Hotel was close, reception too. Key of our room was in another hotel. This isn't good.

Location is 20min from the city center, from train and bus station too. God for money value.

Booked a room for 1-adult and 2 children, when arrived, no...

Booked a room for 1-adult and 2 children, when arrived, no available rooms anymore, got 2 separate rooms: for 1-person and 2-persons. I could not leave my children alone, ended up sleeping with 3 persons on 2-persons bed. Quality is definitely not 3*, like mentioned, but 1* max. Rooms are very old and very small. Never again!

• Double or Twin Room

We could hear steps from the room next door and everything that happened in the hallway. The bed (mattress and pillows) were really uncomfortable

Bathrooms weren't cleaned and smelled.

Bathrooms weren't cleaned and smelled. We were there for 4 days and had to go downstairs to ask for toilet paper by the 4th day. Poor wifi connection in room.

The Nice option for the short stay

The door in the bathroom doesn't work - couldn't close it at all! So we're taking shower with an open door. They have a really @scary@ elevator without the light - better to use stairs.

We arrived about 23:00 and were warmly welcomed on reception. We got a big room. The bed (all three) and equipment were quite nice. We did't have time to use it - but to plug the phones, set the light - basic stuff id working properly. Temperature and the level of comfort while sleeping was ok! The location is comfortable - close to the city centre, close to the train station, the grocery shops, etc. :)

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

Awful !!!
    • Double or Twin Room

I have traveled for years and always I chose booking.com. Normally I do not speak too bad for any hotel. But in this hotel I have met something that I have never encountered in my life. They made a 162 euro charge saying that I didnt give back the room key during checkout. I am absolutely sure that I have delivered the key. I have dealed with four different receptionists during my stay. And I think non of them knows about the other. I took the key from a guy on 15th June night and gave to a woman in reception at 11:00 a.m. on 16th June. And i left my luggages. And also I came back to hotel at 16:00 p.m. And no one said to me i forgot the key. (Because i didnt forget. I definetly gave it back) Let's say I forgot to give the key; 1 - Do they haven't got any spare key? 2 - If there is no spare key and they had to change the lock, it costs 162 euro? They are surely lying. And there are some evil-disposed people. Now i am trying to give my money back. Lets see what's going to be happen. But be careful if you think to chose this hotel

Nothing to like

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

Not good for the price!
    • Double or Twin Room

I paid over £120 per night for this room, before I left they were advertising on the door at 39 Euro per night! The room had wallpaper peeling from the wall, TV was showing a faint picture and noise. There was some mold in the bathroom and the shower head had a mind of its own! And had to be healed by hand when in use. The room was also very noisy all through the night from other guests and reception below the room.

Staff were OK. Location good.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

Not the worst but not the best
    • Double or Twin Room

The reception staff was hospitable but not overly friendly. The internet is poor eventhough it's free. There is no staff at the reception occasionally. The area is quite noisy even at night. There is no air conditioning or fan in the hotel.

I liked that I could walk to the hotel from the Düsseldorf hbf in 10 mins with the help of google maps. Luckily there is an elevator to take luggage to the rooms above. There are quite some restaurant near.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

Better to sleep in the street

No light in the Stasi. My wife fall down and get hurt. The room was smelling painting the walls were dirty and old with the painting failing down. When we asked the employer to find a solution he declined and called the police.

overall ... was one of the nicest hotel to stay. It is recommended

The hotel location is very quiet (although we were on 2nd fl) and yet, it is located nearby in between Königsallee (shopping district) and the Düsseldorf Hauptbahnhof (both are just in 5 minutes walk). Along the way of both sides, there are many cafes and stores surrounded.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

Cheap, simple place, located in city center. Good if you just need a bed.
    • Double or Twin Room

Everything was a bit improvides, they were still renovating the place: Our toilet has not been renovated yet, the rest has been painted at least. It was not possible to close the bathroom door AND the toilet door... (Yuck!) And the staircase, where there was still heavy work going on, was dusty.

It's a very central location, you can reach all city center destinations by walking. Nice and friendly check-in staff.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

AVOID AT ALL COSTS
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

Got a room behind the reception with LOTS of noise. The view from the room was to a garbage garden, literally garbage. Beds were old school springy. No iron in the room, and when I asked the staff, they told me to come back at 10AM (I needed to leave for meetings at 8AM) So I had to ask a favor from a guy from a nearby hotel to lend me his Iron. And finally, the staff could not even book me a taxi so I needed to catch one myself.

Nothing, and I have been in bad hotels before.

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

Not so bad for one night.

- it's very old and tired hotel - no parking - WiFi is very slow and the connection is not stable

- central location - quite cheap in comparison to the other hotels in Düsseldorf

This is some excess of horror! Never come there!
    • Double or Twin Room

The photos and information about facilities was not accurate! Photos are absolutely opposite from reality! The sink is inside the room, absolutely no soundproofing, breaking apart furniture, bed propped underneath with boards, dirt everywhere, awful smell, terrible balcony and view, the cleaning lady comes at 10 a.m. and makes you get out saying no cleaning will be done otherwise, even though check out time is 11! All that is exposed on the site is just the opposite, all good reviews are made up by the owners, to say, it's the horror, it's just to say nothing, this is some excess of horror! Can't even imagine that at our times such can be! Very impolite staff, saying the price is for location, plenty of better choices nearby. Never come to this place!

• Reviewed: 25 January 2017

Location was great, staff amazing!
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

Old furniture and room fittings, bathroom, just shower and toilette. Basin for washing hands was right inside room. Good for renovation and way overpriced.

Location was great, staff amazing!

• Reviewed: 19 January 2017

Nice homely feel, relaxing!
    • Double or Twin Room

The wifi is really bad. You have to log in like 3 times before it works... and even then it's just so-so. One of the nights we stayed there we had noisy people in the room next to us. But I still really enjoyed this hotel.

We wanted a hotel that was near downtown. It was a quiet neighborhood.. clean street. Room is very spacious and very homely.. really B&B. It is a 5 min walk to down town area where all the stores are and all the restaurants. Around the corner was a nice bakery where we did breakfast.

• Reviewed: 12 January 2017

Small hotel bar the center

The personal don't speak English. we couldn't check-in earlier, so we had to walk until the mentioned time. There is no related parking place.

The hotel located near the center, good price

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

Fair breakfast, good position, quite clean
    • Double or Twin Room

We left our luggage in the hotel but nobody was there to open us the door. We had to phone two numbers to see someone coming to us and letting us in

Fair breakfast, good position, quite clean

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

Easy location for Christmas Markets
    • Double or Twin Room

Bathroom definitely needed some form of decoration as was very tired. Also the fire escape led to a backyard that was in itself a fire hazard as it was piled high with rubbish and discarded items.

Location for Christmas markets was excellent as they were within easy walking distance

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

The room was very spacy, the bed comfortable and bathrooms...
    • Double or Twin Room

arrival was tricky: we came in the evening and the door was locked with noone at the reception. Fortunately, another guest opened and inside we could find a phone number to ring: lucky that we had a business phone on us, bad for foreigners who might not have German cell service (or enough luck to even get inside). Wifi did not work.

The room was very spacy, the bed comfortable and bathrooms (one with toilet, one with shower) clean and well equipped with shampoo, towels, etc. Location is convenient (we walked about 15mins to Hauptbahnhof and towards the other direction about 10-15mins to the inner city). After checkout we could leave our bags at the hotel to enjoy the city some more.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

Simple but clean and convenient in a way!

Found the location so inconvenient at first coming from the main train station. And I think, this is more of a hostel rather than a hotel. It is small and very simple but clean and convenient in a way. Just toilet flush isn't fix during our stay.

We booked triple bed, the place was simple, no fancy at all but perfect; very clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 4 November 2016

Location,location,location.
    • Double or Twin Room

Nothing really.The free WiFi was a bit dodgy but big woop.

Location,location,location.10/15 min walk to the train station one way and the same time the other way to the centre of town.

Not recommended to anybody
    • Double or Twin Room

The heating radiator does not work well. Half of it is cold and it makes water noise all night. There are plenty of spider nets on the ceiling. There is a lcd tv but no channels.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

Pricce for the valule not good for big lugguage visitor
    • Double or Twin Room

the distance to nearby stops of tram and subway fine but still challenge for visitor have big luggage. the inside elevator very strange design that stop at the same floor but between F1 and F2. big luggage is very difficult to move in and out. The shower room too small to have washbasin. it is located in the room area. very strange design.

The outlook of hotel is nice, location is fine near the shopping area. Staff is friendly.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

Location was good close to train station and subway station.
    • Double or Twin Room

Hostel like atmosphere, bed was not good. The very high price paid was due to a large conference in town, and it was not good value for the money.

Location was good close to train station and subway station. Restaurants close by. Breakfast was OK.

• Reviewed: 17 September 2016

Great location, friendly stuff.
    • Double or Twin Room

Extremely noisy room - if you have someone living in the room next to you, then you will literally hear any single word of him or her up to 3am. I haven't found it in the information about the room, but the sink is inside the room, not in the bathroom, that's not very convenient.

Great location, friendly stuff. There is a possibility to leave your luggage at the reception. For one night price and value are pretty good, for more than that I'd better find something more comforable.

• Reviewed: 22 August 2016

One night
    • Double or Twin Room

Pretty oldish rooms. They should consider renovating them

The guy behind the frontdesk was great. He made the check-in very easy and it took only a minute. Big + for speaking English (usually they don't in Germany). Separated WC and a shower inside the room was a good thing. Even the toilet was so small you hardly could go there for a dump this was good. Cold beer in the reception is good service too even I had no use for it this time. I don't say anything about the location, because I were only one night in Düsseldorf. I founded no any signs of nightlife so I'm not sure if I was in the wrong area or is the city just dead. But guess that is not the hotels fault I saw only 2 people during my 2,5km de-tour on 23pm..

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

Would live here again.
    • Double or Twin Room

The wifi was down sometimes, but the personnel tried to fix it asap.

The hotel is in a great location. It is small and clean and we had a huge room! it was everything we needed.

Overall good experience

Overall good experience

The hotel is not so fancy, but it is really worth it for the...
    • Double or Twin Room

The hotel is not so fancy, but it is really worth it for the money you pay.

Worst
    • Double or Twin Room

No service late allocation of roon

all of thing are good

good

Fantastic

Internet problem

Location,very cosy rooms no car staff

So far so good

Short distance to shopping mall and restaurants

Classic hotel with retro comfort

Classic hotel with retro comfort

Good location.
    • Double or Twin Room

Good location. Simple but clean.

Old, run down florring and shower spraying all over, not...

Nothing much

Old, run down florring and shower spraying all over, not fixed

Ok

Bads very old

To be more modern as accreditation

The location was perfect and the staff was over the top,...
    • Double or Twin Room

The location was perfect and the staff was over the top, highly recommended.

Position in downtown

Small bathroom

Position in downtown

You get what you pay for!
    • Double or Twin Room

You get what you pay for!

Great price and location

Great price and location

Near center of dusseldorf

Near center of dusseldorf

Never again
    • Double or Twin Room

Awful in terms of maintenance and very old.

the reception of hotel change my booking room to another...
    • Double or Twin Room

the reception of hotel change my booking room to another very small,poor room of other hotel crossing the street.

Location only

Facilities are very poor in term of lift, bath, shower...etc

Location only

Great location and very clean for so old building.

Great location and very clean for so old building.

No hot water in the morning until 1100

No hot water in the morning until 1100

The most bad hotel experience over 25 years for me

They are cheating

Nothin at all

Very bad hotel not recommended no value

Nothing very ugly

Noisy, smoke smell in room, rats/mice woke us up

Noisy, smoke smell in room, rats/mice woke us up

god location ,only 10mins walk from Hauptbahnhof
    • Double or Twin Room

heater was on full blast and we couldn´t adjust it ourselfs, but someone came to sort it.

god location ,only 10mins walk from Hauptbahnhof

Good location, horrible looking rooms

Walls falling apart, broken bed, broken sink. Walls so tin you can heir you neighbour breading

Only the location