Reviews of ambassador hotel & spa This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services offered. It is based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Im Bad 26, 25826 Sankt Peter-Ording, Germany

#14 of 22 hotels in Sankt Peter-Ording

Never again and suggest everyone to think twice
    • Double Room with Beach View

First, bear in mind that I could not cancel some rooms of the booking right in advance and started to negotiate any solution like the cancellation of cancellation fee or maybe dates amendment but hotel manager(in) was as ruthless as the Prussian Corporal. RULES MUST BE OBEYED! Do not expect therefore any genuine, sincere courtesy and hospitality from the hotel. During and after my negotiations the receptionists were smiling and compassionate to me - thank You very much - while managed started to threatened to call the police and forbade me to enter the room I had received and stayed overnight. What's more, my things were in the room and I was denied access because the hotel had some problem with charging my credit card - for their fault. My explanation was that my card was already charged. The manager said that I was lying and I'm not their guest! Horrifying and unacceptable! Therefore my review is slightly affected by the unpleasantness of contacting the manager(in). But emotions to the side and trust me in my honest opinion. In addition, I want to say that I had booked at the same time for the rest of the group at the hotel next door, STRANDGUT and there was no problem to agree with a single phone call to grant a free cancellation. I wish I could have stayed at STRANDGUT again - modern in terms of architecture and interiors and approach to the guest! I've booked "strand-view" rooms and got a dead-end room with a "side-glimpse-strand-view" room. After some negotiations finally got proper "beach-view" room. But got a chance to review the rooms not only one. Someone would call the hotel "vintage" but it is old and pretentious. 4 star - seriously! Everything was generally clean but old and old-fashioned - ex. tiny, claustrophobic lifts. Using AIRBNB I have a higher chance for nice real vintage for much less money. Generally, I will never come back here and will recommend everyone to consider a stay carefully!

Location is OK, not great really, as one could think or expect. Sauna is OK.

Quiet central location
    • Double Room with Beach View

Bio sauna- with no knowledge of German, how were we to know it was for nudists

Quiet central location

Price value
    • Double Room - Land Side

Price value

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

Nice quiet place
    • Double Room with Beach View

No integrated airconditioning, only a fan, which was Better than nothing though.

Nice and helpfull staff.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2016

Peaceful and clean

Breakfast should be better. Freshly squeezed orange juice, fresh scrambled eggs etc. Better selection of breads. Bacon was dry and inedible. It was OK.....but for the price per night it should have been first and not second class.

Peaceful and clean

• Reviewed: 28 April 2015

Good location at the pier and nice views of the beach and...

Rooms are on the small side and the shower is in the bath tub which I dislike.

Good location at the pier and nice views of the beach and the sea. Breakfast is great with good choice of breads, meats, cheeses, eggs and even bubbles.

• Reviewed: 15 January 2015

Staff was very engaged and informed about their guests.

Bar Pianist placed wrongly. Sound was too loud for dinner, as guests were not really able talking with each other while playing.

Staff was very engaged and informed about their guests. EXCELLENT

• Reviewed: 1 June 2015

breakfast, design in common areas, pool and sauna

appearance of hotel when approaching, but after that it gets even better!

breakfast, design in common areas, pool and sauna

There is 1 review without text. This impacts the overall review score.