Reviews of Leonardo Boutique Hotel Düsseldorf This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services offered. It is based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Oststr. 128, Stadtmitte, 40210 Düsseldorf, Germany

#155 of 197 hotels in Düsseldorf

Good centrally located hotel but rooms small and parking unsatisfactory
    • Economy Double Room

The room was comfortable but very small - there was very little space to store our bags. The parking garage was very expensive. The garage was not secure as the street door was left open throughout our stay. Getting my car into the marked parking bays took a lot of toing and froing and might well have been impossible with a larger vehicle.

A good breakfast.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Beautiful HOtel
    • Comfort Single Room

Room was too small No balcony No lables on breakfast items No free transportation card

Helpful stuff Good location Clean Good wifi Delicious breakfast

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Good location with very small rooms
    • Comfort Single Room

The room is not really something that I would call so. It is more an "overnight locker" because it was the smallest room I have ever experienced.

Good location and very friendly staff.

Nice and well located hotel but standard rooms are much smaller than expected. I woul r
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The room was ridiculously small. So although the bed was comfortable, we could not get a good night sleep as there was not enough air in the room, unless you slept with the window wide open, in which case the noise of other guests and hotel staff was the problem.

The hotel was nice and staff was friendly. There was complementary coffee and minted water at receprion which was nice. The dining/bar area is design and comfortable. Location is good and easy acessible bt car.

Breakfast OK.
    • Economy Single Room

Extremely hot first day it was a really small basement room . The following dat they changed my room and construction works in a buiding nearby woke me up at 8:00h.

Breakfast OK.

no air condition
    • Economy Double Room

The hotel was too hot to sleep. I could sleep only 2hours because of hit. I asked the fan and it was too loud. It never help to sleep!!!

Hotel workers are kind. And also hotel is clean.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Very recommended
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Air conditioning wasn't working.

Nice design,nice location,7_8 minutes walk to central station. But it is still quiet in room. Different water in lobby and plus small cakes for free. Value of money.

6.0
    Best to double check this place
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Air con and bed set why would you give someone a 2single beds when they say that they are with there partner

I like the hotel nice an clean? but I when there with my partner and they gave me 2 single beds connected together which is not very professional for a hotel to do that and also last the air con was very poor when it’s +40 digress outside

the staff, the service and the breakfast
    • Economy Double Room

Although I pre-booked the room, they didn't bother to let me know that they have a problem with the air-condition and it won't be fixed until next month. I arrived at 3 a.m and didn't have any other choice but to stay. I checked out the next day without farther charge.

the staff, the service and the breakfast

I booked because I wanted an air conditioned room.
    • Economy Single Room

I booked because I wanted an air conditioned room. When I arrived there, the air conditioning was not working. They don’t even have an electric fan. I never had a good sleep.

A really lovely 2 next night stay, the staff, our room and breakfast was excellent. Would stay again
    • Economy Double Room

The hotel was lovely, very, very clean and my modern, ideal location with added bonus of car parking. The pillows and quilt were poor luxury, I would have loved to have bought them, never had such a good nights sleep. The breakfast was excellent with plenty of choice plus the staff were really nice and very helpfull.

Nothing in particular.
    • Economy Double Room

Night reception gave me my booking confirmation and details to sign at 11:45 pm and then said he couldn’t locate my booking. Only after pushing for the FOURTH time, after having to be very direct (after being understanding and friendly), i.e. telling him that I couldn’t care less where the booking is located but I clearly signed the papers, he reluctantly gave me a room 20 minutes later. Rooms were below average - cheap blankets and pillows, shower cabin old and shower head loose. You will find better in the area....

Nothing in particular. Location isn’t terrible, I suppose.

Nice newly renovated hotel
    • Economy Single Room

The airconditioning was not working (broken), I informed the staff that replied they know the problem, they had one day to check but in the evening the airco was even overheating the room, I opened the window and solved the problem. In this case the service at the reception was not in line with expectation. I ahve been several time even before renovation, there is a nice spa (potnetially) but the smell is terrible (coming from toilet I assume), I wonder how is not posisble to solve .. is under the ground level but we are in 2018 should be the solution available. Infrared sauna, little nice jim, finnish sauna etc.. peaty is the smell once you come in.

The rooms are new and comfortable bed, nice set up even if small (my was economic)

Average quality
    • Economy Double Room

It was okay , but booking.com is not showing negative comments so there is no point of writing much... Staff is VERY RUDE !

Dusseldorf is well worth a visit
    • Economy Double Room

Room was small but we could have paid for the larger one.

A very yummy free slice of cake and coffee when rocking up at the hotel. Right across the road from a cool little retro brewery. Tidy and modern rooms and a class bar downstairs which looked pretty cool.

Most of the things are nice .
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

They gave me a room under the floor by 10 steps !! That was very difficult to carry my luggage up and down, since there was no porter!!

Most of the things are nice .

Never again in Leonardo Hotels
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The room was not cleaned very well: a lot of dust on the glass counter and on the bedside cabinets. This is not how a guest should find a 4**** hotel room. But the worst was the toilet water of the W/C: it was dirty. Scandalous. I complained to the concierge, but no one cleaned the room after it.

The hall, corridors and room are well refurbished. Breakfast is not bad.

Great place to stay in central Düsseldorf.
    • Economy Double Room

This hotel was perfect- very clean and friendly. Comfortable beds. The location excellent- an easy walk to Königsallee and the Altstadt. It was also less than 5 mins walk from the Avis car rental office.

The breakfast was really good.
    • Economy Double Room

Sadly the air conditioner wasn’t working, but there was a fan already available in our room.

The breakfast was really good. And the hotel was very clean and comfy. It is definitely worth the visit. It’s also very central, making it easy to get into the city.

Not as we expected
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Initially we were given a bad room. Although we requested a better one, we were offered an even worse one. Second day, after our complaint, we were given a proper nice room, that was meeting the standards of our booked "Comfort Double Room". It was not a good experience to deal with objecting and changing the rooms. Leonardo is known to offer complimentary fruits, juice etc. Yes, indeed there were fruits, snacks, juice and even prosecco in the lobby, but we were never offered.

Bed and pillows were very comfortable.

downtown, easy to walk around
    • Economy Double Room

Bed is not enough father mother and one child under 18, I think big bed but only for couple and weather is hot that time room is warm

downtown, easy to walk around

Lovely Hotel, staff friendly but very disappointed with no air conditioning.
    • Economy Double Room

no air conditioning in the room!!! It was unbearable. Room was really small, with no desk or table to put anything on. There was no top up of tea and coffee after the room had been cleaned we had to go down and ask. The phone wasn't working in the room. The drinks were exceptionally expensive in the bar.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. The hotel was all new and decorated and clean. I like the style of the hotel.

Hair on the pillows from the other guests before we arrive and check in Towells where used discustin
    • Economy Double Room

They reseverd 100 euro from my account Without my knowledge. Or signature. After I called booking.com the hotel told me that it Will bee deleted I checkd out saturday But I still have to fight with my bank because they never delet the reservation and Im right now on my phone talking to my bank so we Can delete it by law because they have taken the Price But still have the 100 reserves. They didnt clean the room or change the sheet before we arrived we where tired after 11 hours drive so we just go to sleep immeditly. I Will never Use ur hotel or recomend it to anybody and Maybe u should ask your snob and ego staff to talk Nice to your costumers just because they are not White we still pay same Price

Great location and remarkably friendly staff
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

-Air conditioning in our room didn’t work. -There is no hand soap in the bathroom. I don’t know why.

Only 10mins walk from the central station. Staffs are very helpful and friendly. The room we stayed was clean and comfortable.

Nice budget hotel in a great location but needs improving.
    • Economy Double Room

Weather was in around 26-28 degrees at the time of our visit but the AC didn’t work properly. The pillows were very soft and got too warm. Very few TV channels available with no option to turn off the German dubbing on American shows.

The staff was friendly and very helpful, particularly the lady at the bar. Modern feel from the reception to the bar and the dining area.

Very expensive hotel with low comfort
    • Economy Double Room

€75 per night? Absolutely not worth it! The hotel seems fancy but it does not meet the value of money. The air condition did not work and we had to open the window which did not help as well because the weather was 29 degrees. Plus, when you take a shower, the whole bathroom becomes wet. There is not even a drypoint. There were no slippers in the bathroom.

The whole building was fancy.

Would have been value for money but we were unlucky as we didn't get a family room as we had booked.
    • Economy Double Room

Having booked a room to sleep 2 adults and 1 child (aged 6) we were told on arrival that there are only 4 camp beds in the hotel and these had all been allocated. After my initial complaint was ignored, I complained for the second time and was given a 'free' single room further down the corridor to prevent me from having to sleep on the floor. Not ideal as I would have preferred to be together with my family but better than the floor. Worth noting that the rooms are quite small too so don't think you could bring your own travel bed and there'd be space to put it up. We were unlucky with our room as the air con didn't work either.

Location is a 10 minute walk from the centre of Dussledorf

Good value hotel for families close to city centre.
    • Economy Double Room

Good sized, comfortable room in a location where you could walk to the city centre in 10 minutes. The staff were really friendly and little extras like free sweeties and lollypops in reception were a bonus and very much enjoyed by our 5 year old. Nice bar area and breakfast room too. We hired a car and there is a pay car park with reasonable rates just next door to the hotel.

I really appreciated the breakfast (fresh fruit and several...

Pillows...too soft

I really appreciated the breakfast (fresh fruit and several cakes and croissant). I liked the renovation and the style of the rooms and building .

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Good location, everything available nearby

Food AC not cooling

Good location, in yhe city centre Kind stuff Parking availabe in the hotel

Bed was very uncomfortable, couldn't access room due to...
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Bed was very uncomfortable, couldn't access room due to key card not working, and no mini-bar, staff were rude.

Good breakfast and location
    • Economy Single Room

Shower tab was leaking and bathroom became a pool after shower. room 135.

Good breakfast and location

Great staff, clean, lovely breakfast.

No complaints...

Great staff, clean, lovely breakfast. Everything was great!

Very friendly and helpful staff
    • Comfort Single Room

Rooms were a bit tiny and small

Very friendly and helpful staff Great price for this location

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Good location for city centre, nice breakfast.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The beds were a bit too firm for my liking!

Good location for city centre, nice breakfast. Lovely interior

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Problem solving level is just bad, you need to act quick, provide solutions and a good service.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

AC wasn't working, and that was the only purpose for us to stay in a hotel over the weekend, since we live in Bochum.

The decorations only.

the a/c not working

Nice boutique hotel located between the main tourists...

Nice boutique hotel located between the main tourists attractions (Aldstadt, Konnigsallee) and the Hbf ZOB (train station). Small room but comfy.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Expensive

Expensive No breakfast Very small room

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Air conditioning is not working.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Air conditioning is not working. Rooms are tiny.

A/c didnt work and the weather was so hot and humid it...

A/c didnt work and the weather was so hot and humid it was 29’c

Klimaanlage defekt.

Klimaanlage defekt. Horror

Very recommended
    • Economy Single Room

Very nice design. Clean and comfortable. 7_8miners walk to both central station and.old town center. But it is very quiet. Value of money.

good.

Doors on corridors.

It was former Savoy hotel where I stayed before. Renovations were made at lobby, bar, breakfast place.

Nothing special

Wifi. air conditaion

Nothing special

Kindness of the staff ;
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

air conditioning out of order ; parking closed

Kindness of the staff ; breakfast

Fine stay
    • Economy Single Room

The person who check me out was trying to charge me double and I have problem with my cridit card and I think it’s from the hotel

Room service

The staff was friendly and the location is very good
    • Comfort Single Room

The walk to the room was to long

The staff was friendly and the location is very good

All was perfect!

All was perfect!

Location, staff, service etc.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Room wasn’t cool enough. The air conditioner needs to be better.

Location, staff, service etc.

Fantastic
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Amazing stay, perfect location will be returning

Leonardo

Parking issues.

New modern and staff very friendly

Good location, nice breakfast.

Room is a bit small.

Good location, nice breakfast.

• Reviewed: 27 May 2016

Friendly stuff and rich breakfast

I asked for cash payment but my card was charged instead. We had early flight and asked for breakfast to take away but reception stuff forgot about it.

Friendly stuff and rich breakfast

• Reviewed: 22 May 2016

Very helpful front desk

all good

Very helpful front desk Quiet, clean room with great wifi and plenty of space Good selection at breakfast Great location - right opposite a great German bar and maybe 5 minutes walk to the train station

• Reviewed: 16 May 2016

The room, the bed and bathroom was good.

The hotels parking-cellar is to expensive, so we used a parking place nearby.

The room, the bed and bathroom was good. The staff was good. The breakfast was good.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2016

The room was very quiet.

Bar price for wine by the glass was ridiculously high. Will not be drinking in the hotel bar on any subsequent visits, in spite of the charming and very bubbly Natalie serving the drinks.

The room was very quiet. The breakfast was excellent. Staff were very helpful and pleasant

• Reviewed: 13 April 2016

It was near central station.

We had 3 days, 5 rooms There was no responce and reply from hotel manager to our request per email. The rooms were cold. 1 bottle water per day is free, there were discussions for the bottle for 2nd day...

It was near central station...

• Reviewed: 19 February 2016

Comfortable bed, great shower, large airy room.

Breakfast was a disappointment, everything was finished and not replenished or all dried out and not worth eating. Very noisy, heard people in the corridor and neighbouring rooms.

Comfortable bed, great shower, large airy room. Location was good.

• Reviewed: 18 February 2016

The bathroom was clean.

Even booking a comfort room, it was really small and not comfortable. The heating was not working and the room in night got freezing as outside temperature was -5°C; I complained at 21.30 and the concierge asked me to wait for her colleague. At 22.30 the new guy, really rude, doubted about my version and no one came for maintenance. I had to sleep with double clothes.

The bathroom was clean. Bed was ok.

• Reviewed: 10 February 2016

The locatlisation of this hotel is good and the staff was...

Our room key didn't fonction correctly. There was a key box problem . We had to ask to open our room each time we came in.

The locatlisation of this hotel is good and the staff was veery kind. There are also many delicious restaurants near the hotel.

• Reviewed: 2 February 2016

Really poor WiFi in the rooms.

Really poor WiFi in the rooms. That must be improved. Biggest issue. Professional thieves stole my computer, passport, iPad and wallet for a value of more than 4kEur. Really think they could be more pro-active and more professional afterwards even though it is not their fault.

• Reviewed: 26 January 2016

Central location, near to altstadt and shopping.

Something went wrong with Saturday breakfast; it ran out of a number of items and tables weren't cleared for arriving guests. I was OK though.

Central location, near to altstadt and shopping. Easy access to transport for the exhibition centre.

• Reviewed: 7 January 2016

The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable.

When we arrived at the hotel the girl at reception said they had no booking for us. when I questioned this she found it. Also the rooms are very noisy, I had to get up at one stage at 4 in the morning to tell people in the corridor to keep quiet, you could hear everything through the walls. What ever you do don't go to the bar, we could have purchased a bottle of the tipple we were drinking for the price they charged, even the water was €4 a bottle. It was not near the old town it was about a 20 minute walk.

The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable.

• Reviewed: 31 December 2015

location is great, it's right in between the station and...

a staff member was hitting on me, which made me feel very uncomfortable as I was staying there alone.

location is great, it's right in between the station and shopping centre.

• Reviewed: 20 December 2015

Friendly staff;

Friendly staff; clean, comfortable, but compact room; good shower; nice bar; excellent breakfast, and good location handy for restaurants and station.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2015

Location in city and clean room

Rude receptionist checking in who basically served us silently and only spoke when I asked for wifi code Way overpriced for quality of room Room cold Tiny shower room Dreadful / zero wifi service Room not equivalent to what was paid for- we booked a comfort business double. Not impressed Told hotel was fully booked when we checked in at 15:15 and complained about room. Told not possible to change room but we saw people still checking in at 10pm No tea or coffee facilities You can hear lifts running all night

Location in city and clean room

• Reviewed: 8 December 2015

Helpful reception, clean and comfortable rooms, lounge bar...

1 room key would not work at all in our 3 night stay. Little annoying but reception very helpful.

Helpful reception, clean and comfortable rooms, lounge bar to relax and access to facilities

• Reviewed: 8 December 2015

The Staff were amazing and couldn't help enough.

The Staff were amazing and couldn't help enough. We arrived early but allowed me to park my car up and leave suitcases in reception. The breakfast was great and all the staff spoke very good English. I will definately stay here again as I visit Disseldorf often!

• Reviewed: 7 December 2015

We absolutely loved staying here, location was perfect!

Can honestly say there isn't anything I would change, for the money we paid this was excellent value and the service excellent.

We absolutely loved staying here, location was perfect! The staff really couldn't do enough to help us.. From printing out our boarding passes, to giving us directions to the Christmas markets. Also looking after our bags when we first arrived! Could not fault this hotel and the staff were fab!

• Reviewed: 29 November 2015

It was cold in the room. I booked a room with one king-size bed, but they give a room with 2 small beds. Also breakfast was included. I was along, but the take money fot 2 person for breakfast. Internet was access very bad. Too noisy from a street.

• Reviewed: 24 November 2015

Location, nice rooms.

We had requested a place for parking, coming from the UK by car. There was no space suitable for our large car in the garage and we had to park in park house nearby, which felt a bit uneasy about because we had to leave most of our shopping in the car.

Location, nice rooms.

• Reviewed: 3 November 2015

Breakfast, good location

WiFi was almost not working doe to zweak signal, object need soon to be renovated. I was in some 2* hotels whos were beter than this 4*

Breakfast, good location

• Reviewed: 30 October 2015

The hotel was near the centre of Dusseldorp

No mini bar (available but empty) No hospitality tray to make a cup of coffee, No bottle of water. Small bed Small room Malfunctioning air conditioner

The hotel was near the centre of Dusseldorp

• Reviewed: 26 October 2015

clean environment

Noisy air conditioning Poor Wi-fi bandwidth No Water to drink in the room No italian channels in TV

clean environment near the center good price good breakfast

There are also 45 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Leonardo Boutique Hotel Düsseldorf traveller photo gallery