Reviews of Hotel Cristal This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services offered. It is based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Schwanthalerstr. 36, Ludwigsvorstadt, 80336 Munich, Germany

#302 of 349 hotels in Munich

5.1

good nice hotel in a "red district" surronding
    • Double or Twin Room

walking from train station somewhat passing lot's of "bars" look like a red district and not so comforting when travelling with family

clean and the staff very attentive

Great Location
    • Double or Twin Room

Very close to the train station. Bar with good beer inside lobby. 30 minute walk into the centre of Munich. Very large room and good shower. Good bakery across the road with nice coffee.

Planning to return
    • Double or Twin Room

There was nothing I didn't like, it was a great hotel, for the price.

Super comfortable beds, strong hot shower, fridge and kettle in room. Friendly staff. Attractive lobby, bar area, snack and Nespresso facilities. Very central, would absolutely return when visiting Munich.

Great hotel, great staff, unfortunate location
    • Double or Twin Room

The location of the property was on a street that makes tourists feel very uncomfortable. As well as my partner and I, we overheard a few other tourists saying that the street the hotel was on and the street between the hotel and the train station felt unsafe.

The property was very close to the central train station and also close to all the tourist sites. Despite the rough street between the hotel and the station, it could be easily avoided if desired. The staff at the hotel was very helpful and would even help tourists that would walk in. My partner had an insect bite and the staff were willing to get the number of the closest pharmacist that would help treat him and also provided an ice pack for the bite. The hotel was very clean and the room was a good size for its price. The breakfast was great and having it be available until 11am is helpful to those who had late flights the night before.

Welcoming
    • Double or Twin Room

The staff were wonderful and when I mentioned that I had moved hotels because the last was not good and I needed a good sleep, he kindly upgraded me to the quietest part at the back. The bath was a treat and the location perfect. I found all of the staff very helpful and friendly unlike two other Hotels I stayed at in Munich. It is not slick and new or quaint in style but it makes up for that in service and facilities.

Tea and coffee facilities, bath and friendly staff.

Great location and fabulous staff

nothing I disliked

great location, just a few minutes walk to rail station. Nice room, very helpful and friendly staff. Good breakfast, comfortable beds.

Best hotel room I have stayed in and I have stayed in hundreds!!
    • Double or Twin Room

Probably the most comfortable hotel room I have stayed in. Very quiet and cool. Even the air conditioning was silent! The bed and bedding was sublime! I am a poor sleeper and I slept all night! Unfortunately we only had one night there and did not even have time for breakfast but it looked lovely. I would recommend 100%. Sue

The room was a generous size for European hotels.

If you walk unsteadily then be careful because the shower is so high off the ground with no step down I fell.

The room was a generous size for European hotels.

Great location which near to the main central station,...

There is no air ventilation as the staffs said the aircond was not working. We stayed for 2 nights but there isn't anyone came to fix the aircond.

Great location which near to the main central station, sightseeing places and shopping centres.

Location was excellent.

The surrounding neighborhood wasn't the best. The shower/tub combination was very tall and somewhat difficult to enter and exit. It is a very noisy neighborhood.

The location was very close to the train. We were also able to walk easily to Marienplatz and other points of interest. The room accommodated three people well. Beds were comfortable.

Seedy Area, Room Didn't Match Photos
    • Double or Twin Room

We picked this hotel as it's very close to Munich Hbf. However, we found the neighborhood felt seedy, especially at night while walking home from the center of town. To be fair, we didn't do our research on this area in advance and it was still a good value compared to the prices of hotels in the city center. Our room looked nothing like the photos on Booking.com - it may be that they've renovated some rooms and not others. In any case, it was still a spacious and comfortable room and we were able to check-in quite early, so no real complaints.

Very quick walk to Munich Hbf and fairly easy to walk to Altstadt as well.

Good location with a reasonably pleasant room
    • Double or Twin Room

The staff in restaurant; particularly the head, were very dour. The head waiter was more like a headmaster from a Dickens novel as his behaviour was like someone who employed to keep the guests under control! Not a very nice person completely lacking in civility and pleasantries.

As I would expect.... no problems

Close to central station and many good Turkish restaurants.

Street Noise at night can sometimes be a problem. (Bring earplugs if you want to keep window open)

Close to central station and many good Turkish restaurants.

Helpful Staff / Great Location
    • Double or Twin Room

- It’s a very noisy location espiecally during the evening. Luckily we were heavy sleepers.

- Welcoming and friendly staff. - Clean and modern room. The bathtub was my highlight as it helped me relaxed after a busy day of siteseeing. - PC was free to use. We were glad we could print off our train tickets. - Easy access to the main train station which is why we chose this place.

Great location, large room
    • Double or Twin Room

The room was a generous size and the location is good! Its easy to walk to Marienplatz or it is close to central train station and underground train stations. The beds were really comfortable. We would stay here again.

I didn’t like late check-in which was at 16:00.
    • Double or Twin Room

I didn’t like late check-in which was at 16:00. And also early check out which waz at 11:00. At 11:10 the guy from reception called me to ask if I want to extend my stay or not. It was rude to do that because one day ago the other guy from reception told me it’s not a problem if I check out at 12:00. So keep in mind these things when you will stay here.

Good enough for the price: nice location but room only ok
    • Double or Twin Room

The bed is too soft, the room is poorly decorated. Also, in the bathroom: the flush does not work well, the towels are places too close to the shower (they get soaked when we take a shower) and there are no hooks for the clothes.

The biggest advantage is the location. The employees are also very nice and I like the fact that there are foods and drinks available to buy next to the reception.

We like the location of the hotel because it is near to the...
    • Double or Twin Room

Almost everything, the rooms looks clean but once you touch the beddings or cabinet it is too much dusty. I can’t get a good sleep because I can hear the noise outside.

We like the location of the hotel because it is near to the train station.

Didn’t spend much time in the room due to no working expensive wifi in room and the bed matras was w
    • Double or Twin Room

Wifi is paid service and did not work in my room. Also very slow connection when you could get signal. Airconditioner was not working well

The bar facility when there were staff

Nothing special
    • Double or Twin Room

You have to pay for wifi (something like 3,80€ a day!), which is a bit outrageous given that this is a four-star hotel. They did not do our room on one day even though we had requested it. The location is convenient if you arrive late by train or if you have to leave early from the main station. Otherwise, the neighbourhood is definitely not the nicest part of the city.

The beds were comfortable, the room spacious and clean. It was nice, but nothing special.

Value for money
    • Double or Twin Room

There aren't many bars or pubs nearby, its very close to the seedy area and they don't offer any meals beyond breakfast. The lift took forever so we nearly missed the train and the air con wasnt great.

Location from central station is great. The staff were friendly and helpful and the self service area is great. Overall value for money was excellent.

Convenient location and close to the main station.
    • Double or Twin Room

I have to pay for the Wifi access every day and they charge for every login... I paid twice the same day in the morning before I leave the hotel and the same evening after I finished the day trip. A bit lousy as it is next to a road, traffic noise can be heard in the room.

Rather a convenient location, within 5 mins walk from the main station. LIDL and AIDL are nearby. The hotel room is spacious and clean.

It is a modern and well-decorated hotel with large rooms
    • Double or Twin Room

The wifi is not free ! We've stayed in small villages in baveria which all had free wifi so it is a bit weird when a modern hotel in munich asks for money for wifi !

It is a modern and well-decorated hotel with large rooms

Perfect for quick access to/from central station and city centre
    • Double or Twin Room

The area where the hotel is located does not look particularly safe for a solo-traveling woman at night, althought it is perfectly safe at daylight or with more company. My room was quiet, but other co-workers were given a room facing the street and they complained about the noise.

Conveniently located at walking distance from Central Station. Very kind staff at reception, particularly Ivan. We asked for dinning recommendation in the centre and taxi bookings and they were very helpful. The room was large, clean and quiet. Breakfast buffett was good, with plenty of healthy options, but also with English breakfast

Good hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

During the payment process I was charged a higher amount than displayed on my booking reservation voucher, yet I did not realize until after having left the city. However, the hotel reimbursed the extra amount after having requested, so it's ok.

Very comfortable rooms with all the amenities a four star hotel is expected to have. They are spacious and with new furniture. We did not experience noises during the night coming from other rooms. I recommend as well to ask for a room with views to the courtyard. The street is not the best of Munich, you won't miss a specially nice view.... The neighborhood is multicultural, with many foreign eateries. Yet we did not experience any safety issue, it is true that during nights the appearance was not the best. It is 15min walk away from the Marienplatz.

Ok but might not be my choice during my revisit.
    • Double or Twin Room

The room was right next the the main street and the windows do not work well preventing noise from outside. The hotel is quite old and the water boiler is dirty. Internet is not free.

The hotel is quite near to the Munich Hbf station. I can travel to other town easily.

We liked perfect location, closeness to Hbh and walking...
    • Double or Twin Room

It so rare now that's WiFi is not for free! Lamps in our room were blinking and television set very bad quality.

We liked perfect location, closeness to Hbh and walking distance to the center, tea and coffee in the room, safe.. friendly staff, indeed

Stay here if you aren’t a light sleeper & don’t want any care with your stay
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Noisy room, unfriendly staff. Low ceilings, no map. No free wifi

Extremely unhelpful staff. Arrived without a hello. No map. No helpful instructions. No help regarding wifi. Discovered wifi had fee. Clarified billing with staff- then in check out was charged extra 24hrs of wifi usage. Very noisy room. 4 nights, minimal sleep

The bathtub is alright.
    • Double or Twin Room

Disastrous experience, I apologize for using these words but I will not regret it. The room smells terrible, and it's like somebody just sweets in it and doesn't use any deodorant. The soundproof is even worse, you can hear guys shout on the street during the middle of the night. The wifi is the worst. It takes you 15 mins to send a email and you have to walk through the room to find signals. When you come to the staff with these terrible problems, they make up excuses, and even be rude to you.

The bathtub is alright.

super close to train station (walkable distance) , staffs...
    • Double or Twin Room

elevator is pretty small but that was not a big issue

super close to train station (walkable distance) , staffs were super nice and friendly, train station area is safer than i thought.

Great value for money, clean & tidy, very colourful and...

I liked everything about the hotel, I have nothing negative to say about my stay at hotel cristal.

Great value for money, clean & tidy, very colourful and helpful staff 😁

A curate'e egg! Good in parts!
    • Comfort Single Room

I was given a basic single initially. Pokey and noisy! I queried this! ! Not what I had booked. I then had to pack up and take all my stuff to a room on the Sixth floor to have a comfort single! A huge twin but, again, one poor comfy chair and no thought how to use all that space to benefit guests! A sofa, perhaps? Tea and coffee, but a single plastic spoon! Hello!

An excellent welcome from a Spanish man at reception. The breakfast is excellent, service and choice! Location, again, brilliant!

I'm really disappointed with this hotel. I will never stay in this hotel again.
    • Double or Twin Room

1. They put us in a twin bed and need to wait up to 4pm to check in. 2. They sell internet for 24 hours. But when you checkout, internet stop working. I felt really bad and nobody from staff helpme.

The location of this hotel was really good. Just 1 block from the central station.

Breakfast with big variety and very tasty !

Coffee has to be taken for your own. Queue on the coffee machine cause of only one cup after the other ... A lot of dust on the top side of the back cover of the bed/wall

Breakfast with big variety and very tasty !!

• Double or Twin Room

Location of the hotel was very good, rooms were very modern and also had a wide space. Staff was very friendly, helpful and practical. And I especially wish to extend my special thanks to Deputy Director of the hotel "Mr. Florian Riethmüller" as he helped me a lot because of a unlucky problem I had and even helped to carry my luggage. Everything was great.

Room size is quite bigger than what we expected and...
    • Double or Twin Room

Location is not too close to train station, many footsteps to reach the train station. But hotel staff & breakfast were good.

Room size is quite bigger than what we expected and facilities inside the room are good.

If the Wi-Fi was free, it would be 10!
    • Double or Twin Room

It was the first time I saw a Hotel that charges for the Wi-Fi, I think that it's old fashion and doesn't make any sense. We are in 2018 and it's possible to get Free Wi-Fi anywhere.

The location was great, just next the Munique HBF and about 10 min waking from the city center.

Excellent room
    • Double or Twin Room

When you pay for WiFi you expect it to be decent. I had connection problems. Neighbourhood was a little dodgy but nothing majorly bad and was central.

Wasn't expecting much given the price but the room was fantastic. Staff were really helpful with storing large bags. One WiFi charge allowed 3 devices to connect.

I received the most awful service from the bartender, she...
    • Double or Twin Room

I received the most awful service from the bartender, she was very impolite and simply not in the mood to do her job. even though the hotel was very good i left with a bad impression and feeling . i would not recommend the bar service to anyone...sorry !

Great location!

WiFi not included.

The bed were comfy,clean room and friendly staff. very good location, walking distance to main square. Few beer hals around it. We were on 6 floors and was quiet during the night. Shops very close.

Unwelcomed from the offset, we felt alone and insular the entire time, we were left ignored.
    • Double or Twin Room

The staff were incredibly rude and they didn't make us feel welcome, they didn't even thank us upon leaving for our stay! Absolutely DISGUSTING and appalling attitude. Made us think very poorly of the country, nevermind the hotel.

The hotel was presentable and very modern and clean .

Not many still water bottles to buy from refrigerator,...
    • Double or Twin Room

Not many still water bottles to buy from refrigerator, customers need to buy from bar which is much more expensive. Management should keep adequate amounts stock at all times

The overall decor of the hotel was immaculate.
    • Double or Twin Room

The overall decor of the hotel was immaculate. The staff were very friendly and welcoming, and the room was fantastic. Overall by far exceeded our expectations

A perfect choice for Munich!
    • Double or Twin Room

Absolutely nothing to complain!!

Everything was great! Beds were comfortable. Very close to metro and main station. Staff super nice. Rooms very clean. A very quiet hotel. And we booked it for a very cheap price from booking.com

Receptionists are really helpful with directions, recommendations to eat. Hotel is really central.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

It would be better if the wifi is free for the amount paid to stay in a 4 star hotel.

The room is really spacious and surprisingly big. Comfortable bed and pillows and sufficient towels provided.

Perfect location, although in a sketchy neighbourhood.
    • Double or Twin Room

When we were drinking something at the bar, I saw a mouse running into the breakfast area. When we confronted the barwoman, she was very rude and told us that the ‚Hausmeister‘ was dealing with the problem. After seeing this we did not eat breakfast here, due to hygienic reasons. You need to pay for the WIFI, but there is a very bad connection and we still had to pay a fee.

Perfect location, although in a sketchy neighbourhood.

Welcoming and helpful staff
    • Double or Twin Room

Difficult/Impossible to get bed linen for bed settee from staff Visible traces of unidentified substances on bed and sofa Could hear street noises in the night. Faulty noise isolation (window)

Welcoming and helpful staff Spacious room Clean Bathroom

• Double or Twin Room

The staff were rude, our booking was cancelled by the hotel and we were put up in a 2 star hotel around the corner. They tried to appease us with a 20% discount even though this would still leave us paying above the odds for the dingy room we were given. The girl checking us in got very annoyed with us when we made it clear that we weren't happy with the situation. Wifi didn't work beds were uncomfortable and bathroom was worn and tiny. Breakfast while ok was nothing to write home about. Would never book with them again. The area while centrally located was very sleazy and rough looking. If you're thinking of booking this hotel book somewhere else. Would give this hotel no stars

good value for money
    • Double or Twin Room

the hotel room provided an excellent value for money, EUROS 70 per night for bed only in a Tuesday night in Nov, similar hotels are more expensive good room facility, very good central location

The room was clean and quiet .

The hotel is outdated , a used smell all over , old furniture also .the

The room was clean and quiet . The central position is definetly the principal plus . Breakfast very good but you have to pay extra 12 eur . There is a market right across and many restaurants and coffee shops .many are turkysh .

Overall a good value for the Money! Short walking distance to main attractions.
    • Double or Twin Room

Thermostat for hot and cold water in shower defective! It went from hot to cold without turning the nozzle. Curtains and wallpaper need to be updated.

Very friendly staff!

The room is very big and comfortable.
    • Double or Twin Room

The lift is broken. So we have to take our baggage to floor 1. I don't like the toilet is Room101.

The room is very big and comfortable. The bed is good for us to sleep.

Best location, but...
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The room cleanliness is poor. Looks like one of the beds (I was with my wife and they made a double bed with two single beds) had flea because anyone who lay on it would begin to itch after a while. The wifi is not free (something unique these days) and the breakfast is too expensive for what they offer.

The location of the hotel would not be better. Just one block from the central station (Hauptbahnhof) and near everything.

Big rooms, with provision of baby bed at no extra cost.
    • Double or Twin Room

TV had no English channels. No free wifi.

Big rooms, with provision of baby bed at no extra cost. Beds were really comfortable. Coffee maker in the rooms.

Good location, nice room, rude staff.
    • Double or Twin Room

The staff was not friendly before we got there. We were not supposed to be charged until we got to the hotel and they charged us beforehand. When I called to ask them to reverse the charge so we could all pay at the hotel as we had planned when we booked, they were extremely rude to me. The woman said "if you cannot afford the Oktoberfest, you shouldn't come to Munich." Clearly not much of a focus on customer service. In the end we compromised by them refunding my card and me paying half of the stay beforehand, which ended up being a huge hassle for us in the end. If you like to pay upon checkin/checkout if you are splitting with friends, this might not be the place for you.

The room was nice and clean and the location was pretty good - right by the train station and easy to get to Oktoberfest fairgrounds (walking) and the centre.

if u reserve with hotel , breakfast will be 8 Euro only + free internet access + -10% rate
    • Double or Twin Room

No A/C working , You have to open the window which transfer the street noise to your room + Very bad Bathroom not suitable for normal people + if you need anything - like extra pillow ,cup , spoon , coffee , tea you have to do by yourself

Stay was ok. Billing is a joke
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

I have been on the phone for five days trying to figure out the room charges. They charged for our rooms three different times on my credit card. The accounting system is a joke. My buddy is having the same problem. Make sure you square up with them before you check out. My buddy did this and they are still trying to charge him extra charges. I called them about two charges on my credit card exceeding $2,000 twice and they say they know nothing about those charges. It a joke trying to get it taken care of.

The Staff every where but the front counter were great.

Ideal for central Munich, for visiting Oktoberfest and well-placed for onward journeys.

Price was on the dear side, but in mitigation our stay was at the height of Oktoberfest.

The hotel was nice and peaceful. I have stayed in several hotels in Munich over the years, and this was the quietest by far - no traffic or street noise. Brilliant!

Great other than Wi-Fi
    • Double or Twin Room

The Wi-Fi in the room was awful. Charged extra every day we used it. Constantly on and off. Annoying.

Great location, walking distance to anything needed. Sites, night life. All good.

Change management, and I'll be back again next year for the Oktoberfest
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

In booking.com the hotel description says it has internet connection and breakfast, however, it doesn't mention that is $3.90 per day for internet, and $19 the breakfast per day, if you book with booking.com. The internet is free if you book directly with them, and breakfast is $12. Well, for the price I pay per day, it should be all included. The room was very small for a "comfort" room, and the two beds room, is actually two single bed together, making one couple bed. I was with my wife and daughter, so we had to sleep together, but that wasn't a big deal. The shower didn't work properly, it wasn't holding the position. I also had breathing issues because of the dust in the room. Another tricky thing was that the receptionist gave me a envelop with the cards of the room, and didn't told me anything about that paper, I though was just to hold the cards with some ads from the hotel, however, if you bring that envelop, you get a discount in the breakfast, so from 12 you only pays 8. I saw some other clients complaining about other stuff, and the receptionist told that she couldn't do anything, because she was just following orders from the management. So, I believe the hotel has great capacity but is badly managed. One more thing: On the streets, I saw some men following me and my family, the same men two days in a row, they keep scanning people on the street, and they were following us because when I reduce the speed, they just stop, and wait for us. Nothing happen, but it's not a good feeling.

For my purpose, that was to o to octoberfest, the location was amazing. Staff also was very kind all the time. Breakfast is also good.

Won’t stay here again. Very expensive for what you get
    • Double or Twin Room

Not helpful staff. Tv didn’t work. No basic toiletries very noisy outside. WiFi is 24hrs but starts from 11am regardless of when you arrive. Don’t think you should have to pay for WiFi.

Clean

Convenient location, bad maintenance, annoyingly cheap management
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Location: neighborhood is not friendly. They would argue in other reviews that it's a "vibrant and multi-cultural" neighborhood, but I would say that dozens of men just standing on the sidewalks, doing nothing but scanning you and your family as as you walk does not feel good. People apparently won't mess with you, but their attitude is definitely not welcoming. Rooms: comfort room badly maintained: 1) missing blackout curtains - complained two days in a row and nothing was done about it, so I had to cover the window with TOWELS to get some sleep; 2) broken tv; 3) old thermostat does not allow you to set a temperature - you just wake up in the middle of the night either freezing to death or sweating. Annoying cheap behaviour by the management: 1) no soap, shampoo or toothpaste in the room - you have to get your supplies EVERY DAY at the reception desk; 2) Wi-Fi costs €3.90 per day if you booked from booking.com or other sources - it's free only if you booked directly with them. Apparently €200 per room is not enough to cover the costs of the Wi-Fi. You could see dozens of people complaining about that and the staff was just saying "Sorry, I understand, but I'm following orders"; 3) breakfast is €12.50 only if you book directly with them at the reception desk - again, if you add it through booking.com or any other website, they would charge you €5-7 more. The hotel is apparently not well managed now. I simply don't have any reasons to come back, so I can't recommend it

Convenient location; Reception desk and all employees were always welcoming and showed willingness to help; Breakfast: worth the €12.50 per person.

Great Location, clean and comfortable and reasonable value for money.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The bar area is small and when it is busy it's a little crowded. They need to give better directions as the information I was given on how to get from the airport to the hotel was very poor. My only other comment is I hate hotels with Shower Curtains - why can't they fit screens

Good location - we were there for Oktoberfest and it was only about 15 minutes walk. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. The staff were friendly and very efficient

Location is great, both to central train station and...
    • Double or Twin Room

The photos don't represent the actual room. Photos show it is renovated while actual room was very outdated and falling apart in parts.

Location is great, both to central train station and Oktoberfest grounds if you arrive in time for it. Also very close to old town center. Staff are quick, efficient and very welcoming.

The pressure of the shower
    • Double or Twin Room

Everything - uncomfortable beds, smells funny and worst of all when you get to sleep! Wow the f**king cleaner wakes you up at 8am everyday! By timing the door bell!

The pressure of the shower

It’s expensive because only the location , the staff they...
    • Double or Twin Room

It’s expensive because only the location , the staff they don’t how to manage there work , and for that price at least the wifi should be free , and the parking price is different then they wrote its more .

Okay
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

There isn't slot you get for your money. You have to pay for breakfast and wifi. Rates were very expensive. They should look at including more. The station is a 2 minute walk from the hotel and has cheaper options thank they 12.5€ they were asking. Lift was dodgy.

Room was spacious

Loved it! Back at the Hotel on Wednesday.
    • Double or Twin Room

It can be very noisy! The builders started work at 6am! They are not as quick as they could be at topping up the breakfast Buffett! But it was Oktoberfest! The hotel was packed!

Perfect location for the Oktoberfest. 5 minutes from the station, 7 minutes to the fest! Stayed here so many times!

Good location and suited our needs
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Rooms were not set as twin despite having received email confirmation of set up. Also Reception tried to charge a 'clean up' fee for one room which was incorrect.

Good location and suited our needs

Room was a little warm.

Room was a little warm. We needed to open the window to cool it down, and there was a party in a nearby room that was much too noisy late at night. Hotel did a good job of finally quieting them down.

Never again.
    • Double or Twin Room

They asked for extra money for everything, which was not sympathetic. The wi-fi was 3.95 € / day, and parking was 15 € / day. It didn't reveal this when booking. Breakfast was extra expensive and I had to sign up immediately to pay. Ridiculous in 2017. This is a 2-star hotel that advertises itself as 4th.

The hotel is 100 meters from the inner city and 60 meters from the metro. Noisy and busy street.

The room was pleasant and very clean.
    • Double or Twin Room

The location of the property was okay as it was close to central Munich, however the area itself was not the best. We stayed at the hotel both Saturday/ Sunday night on the 6th floor facing the street. I understand that cities are busy and noisy as I have stayed in central London, etc. However, what is not acceptable is that the residency opposite, which had a roof top terrace, had a loud dj playing on the terrace until 4:30am in the morning! We contacted reception several times and were reassured that the police had been phoned, who however did not turn up. I understand that another residency having a party is out of the hands of the hotel itself but how the staff deal with the situation is within their control. On the subject of the staff, on arrival they were rude, abrupt and very unhelpful. The room advertised that you could ask for any extra amenities I.e pillows, tooth paste, razors etc. However, when asked several times if we could have two extra pillows, as the pillows in our room were awful, they abruptly said no and on the third time of asking just answered in German. The hotel room did have air conditioning but we were told that they would only turn it on if it was above 24 degrees, it was however 32 degrees but still no air conditioning. Overall, I am very disappointed with our experience of Hotel Cristal as we felt that it hindered our time in Munich which we loved dearly. I would not recommend this hotel and will not be returning on our next visit to Munich. As a valued customer of booking.com I feel let down by this overall experience.

The room was pleasant and very clean. Good use of the mini fridge in the room and it included a safe, an iron and ironing board.

Shower water some times hot and some times cold which will shock u sudden hotel should repair this issue , Room window too bad can hear the car sound and cant sleep Blanket is too short and its for kids not for adult your foot will be out of it.

never again
    • Double or Twin Room

- wifi cost 3.9€ and its not fast and disconnects - noisy street - i asked for another boiler becsuse the one in my room was dirty and a iron machine and it took them one hour to bring it, after so many calls and i had to go down

spacious room

Overall, I was satisfied.
    • Comfort Single Room

- The lift was old and slow. - The curtains could not completely cover the whole wall, so there was some light entering at night.

The room was larger than I expected, and was quite clean (the neighborhood is not clean because it's near the main train station.