Reviews of Best Western Hotel Kantstrasse Berlin 4 stars

Kantstr. 111, Charlottenburg-Wilmersdorf, 10627 Berlin, Germany

#319 of 579 hotels in Berlin

The loudness at the Hotel was really bad . One lift was not working and the other lift made noise whenever used and this could be heard all night . There was building going on at the hotel and there was noise from the building site in the mornings . I mentioned at the front desk about my complaints and I was offered a fan for the heat which was useless ( you couldn’t leave the window open because of the scaffolding outside my room window ). When I arrived back in my room thee was a hand written card apologizing for the noise and some chocolates. It certainly was not a relaxing stay because I couldn’t sleep from the noise and heat .

I like the location of the Hotel ... close to underground and bus services to the centre are great

Upon arrival I was forced to take a twin bed room even though I had specifically reserved for a room with an extra large bed. They said they could not change it and asked for additional money to upgrade the room. I had to insist and finally was given a room but it also turned out to have the same twin bed again so I had to move around 3 different rooms at midnight with my luggage. Finally the receptionist made a call to their Support line and gave me the correct room but I wish they could do it without all this trouble. And after I checked out, 2 days later they sent me email telling that they forgot to get my signature on the creditr card receipt and I now have to sign it and send via email! However I must say that the receptionist and other staff members whom I had contact with during my stay were all very helpful and nice.

Easy access from Tegel airport, close location to shopping districts & attractions, very clean & well maintained rooms, comfortable beds. On Easter day they left chocolates to the door which was a nice surprise. Rooms were cleaned thoroughly everyday and if I put the do not disturb sign, supplies were always left at the door for me to pick up which was convenient.

• Standard Twin Room

My key card kept losing its activation and I constantly had to get it reactivated by the front desk. This also happened to my friend's key card so I know it wasn't a random fluke. Additionally, the rooms get so hot (even in the winter time!). We had to sleep with our window open because it was just so hot.

The rooms were really clean and modern. They definitely looked like they were either newly renovated or taken care of really well :) While the hotel was centrally located in Charlottenburg, the neighborhood itself is far from central Berlin. However, there are really great transportation options!

• Standard Twin Room

Had a problem with one of our cases (thankyou wife for snapping the key in the lock!) that required the hotel handyman drilling the lock out. Very helpful guy saved all the wives clothes and my wallet.

Our room was advertised as sound-proof but you could easily hear normal noise from the adjacent rooms and hallway. Getting a good nights sleep was a challenge even with plugs.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

• Standard Twin Room

My only minor issue was that the WiFi signal was not very strong, but on a 10-point scale I would still give it a 7, as I could always be online with my devices. In Best Western there were 'blind spots' in the room where I could not connect at all.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

Expensive and poor breakfast

Hotel well located just at the entrance to the U-bahn and very close to the S-bahn, train station. On the outskirts of the city centre. In the vicinity of the shopping street and a shopping centre, some restaurants.

good location for business, good restaurants around

• Standard Twin Room

Parking facility were poor.

Cleaniness

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

• Standard Twin Room

Lack of a fridge, cleaning

Location, staff, parking

We didn't book breakfast; 14 Euro is expensive

The room was fine, the location great. Helpful staff. Would choose it again

I am disapponted because they have given us 4 beds in two rooms for 6 people!!! They forgot about my reservation from booking.com!

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

I liked the bed

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

• Standard Twin Room

The card machine broke and the taxi waiting outside charged us for waiting time which was the hotels fault.

The room was fab!

We arrived late evening. Had made a request for a queen bed. Not provided. Staff was not cooperative and not helpful

Cleaniness

Most of the staff members were unfriendly, and the internet signal was so poor.

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

Clean and comfortable rooms

No air condition Not warm enough Poor wifi connection

• Reviewed: 5 September 2016

Wifi is not stable

Clean , very nice reception , good location and environment

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

Very comfortable and convenient to public transport, shops, and dining.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2016

Female stuff was rude and inappropriate. The customer was accused to be stupid with non-functioning key cards. They gave incorrect Berlin information. Male officers took care duties properly.

Room comfortable, clean and quiet. Breakfast is sufficiently diversified. The location is good, U- and S-bahn just around the corner

• Reviewed: 30 December 2015

Shame restaurant does not open in the evening after walking and a long day be nice to have something on hand

Lovely clean rooms and bathroom great size room. Requested quiet room no problem on 3rd floor

• Reviewed: 27 September 2015

Location is great. Transport is very convenient - U3 Metro station is right next to the hotel, S-Bahn Station is about 200 meters from the hotel. The room is small, but very clean. No fridge. Breakfast was good. Wifi in 3-th floor is OK

• Reviewed: 24 June 2015

This hotel has a number of problems. While the room was clean and up to date. The bathroom was very small, the air-conditioning cannot be controlled from the room. Thus if, as my room was very hot, one has to call downstairs and they try to control temperature. My room was too warm for much of my stay. If I opened the window I got noise from the internal courtyard. While transport is very convenient the location of hotel is not at all charming. There is a MacDonald's right downstairs which seems to attract a not very salubrious group of people so if you sit in the nice cafe next door you get harassed by a very sad lot of human beings. Although some of the staff were very nice, the woman at the desk when we checked in became very defensive and rude when I dared to query why they insist on taking your payment , when you check-in. I was informed that ' hotels can take payment any way they choose!' Instead of simply answering my question professionally- why do they want money front up? I've never run into this before. In sum I think this is at best a three star hotel trying to upgrade- it has a tiny, tiny lobby - one can find much better value in Berlin

Very clean room with new, up to date furniture,location convenient to underground, bus and metro

• Reviewed: 8 June 2015

You will hit you leg off the bed corners and this may lead to swearing. They're pretty solid.

Staff were really great, very friendly, great English, couldn't do enough for you. Double bed was huge and really comfy. Location was great, near 2 U trains and an S train. Room was very quiet.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2015

The WIFI is free, but on our fifth floor it wasn't always good.

The hotel was very clean, cozy, everything looked new and sharp. Breakfasts were really, really tasty, we enjoyed it a lot. Our room had backyard windows so we had a perfectly quiet rest. Happy we chose

• Reviewed: 18 December 2015

They need to have written telephone call rates in the rooms

Multilingual staff with some speaking Arabic... Very handy for my mum!

• Reviewed: 9 December 2015

TV does not work properly Climatisation of the room Water temperature regulation

Breakfast choice, but coffee.

• Reviewed: 26 October 2015

Breakfast very modest

Nice room, good location.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2015

Location was Great.

• Reviewed: 24 September 2015

Location of hotel friendly staff perfect breakfast

• Reviewed: 22 September 2015

Poor wifi, no fridge, no minibar, no air condition

Just clean

• Reviewed: 10 September 2015

small room

• Reviewed: 5 September 2015

Staff was a bit rude and unhelpful. Internet was pretty bad.

Location was nice. The room was simple but good.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2015

the price for pet is high (16 euro)

almost every thing

• Reviewed: 7 April 2015

every thing near you ;D .. Very friendly staff and clean hotel

• Reviewed: 19 March 2015

Public Transport

There are also 17 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.