Reviews of DORMERO Hotel Berlin Ku'damm This is the official star rating given to the property by an independent third party - the Hotelstars Union. The property is compared to the industry standard and scored based on price, facilities and services offered. Use the star rating to help choose your stay!

Eislebener Str. 14, Charlottenburg-Wilmersdorf, 10789 Berlin, Germany

#150 of 579 hotels in Berlin

Loved it and didn’t want to leave
    • Standard Room

Couldn’t fault anything, best hotel I have stayed in for the price, we have been travelling around Europe for 2 months and moving hotels every 2 nights, this was a great place

Hotel was great, highly recommend and would definitely stay again. Spacious rooms and free minibar, the place is very clean, modern and staff were very helpful. Great price and location

Nice modern hotel, seems almost somehow related to the Gay...
    • Standard Room

Property can be maintained a bit more, my room had color patches on the wall. One of the lamps was broken, and also the lamp itself was stuttering so I could not light it. I contacted the hotel for 2 times regarding possibility of a lost keychain but they never got back to me. Fitness room very dull and quiet, shuts down early and does not have a Jacuzzi - which.. should make all the action in this kind of hotel :), overall its a nice place.

Nice modern hotel, seems almost somehow related to the Gay Axel Two hotel, only in a Straight format in some way. Crew is very nice. Design is trying to be modern, but needs to be maintained regularly IMO. You are welcome in the reception with a nice staff person, water/candies available. Hotel has a nice bar. WIFI WIFI WIFI... make it work!

Very good!
    • Standard Room

The room was incredibly hot, had to leave our windows open every night to keep the room cool

Bed was very big, room very comfy, massive tv and free mini bar

A hidden gem
    • Standard Room

There was nothing bad about our stay

The hotel was so modern and clean and the standard rooms were a great size with couch and large tv. There is a free mini bar with juice / water and lager which is re filled daily and a small treasure chest left in each room filled with stuff like razors , cotton buds , toothpaste etc is a great touch. Hotel is ib a lovely quiet area a 3 minute walk from transport , shops and restraunts.

Romantic hotel, close to Central Berlin
    • Standard Room

The room could have been cleaner. Overall this was not a problem however a few marks that could have been cleaned off before our arrival would have been nicer.

Our hotel room was cosy, the mood lighting was a nice added touch (especially for romantic stays). Lots of storage space, built in safe to keep your valuables whilst you are out, good selection of free movies to chose from and free mini bar which is restocked each day.

I’m not going back.
    • Standard Room

Room bathroom is horrible.. glass door, no privacy, shower horrible, everything gets wet regardless of how much you try to avoid it. VERY EXPENSIVE.

Location, staff, breakfast

Frequently in Berlin. This is definitely a hotel I am recommending to stay at not only for business.
    • Standard Room

Spacy bathroom, but with a shower which couldn't be closed...result...flodded floor....always.

Very comfotable bed. Beverages were for free (Minibar), likewise WiFi. Very good breakfast and plenty of time to enjoy it!!! Very helpful staff. Superb location and very easy to get to. The Interior design of the Hotel was kind of unexpected, but nice and in contrast to the external fascade, which was from olden times but well preserved.

Super comfy
    • Standard Room

My room was on a corner of the hotel so the wifi could've been better

Super comfy, one of the best rooms and breakfasts I've stayed in. Also lots of sockets near the bed which is a rarity in many hotels.

This is a very centrally locatd and yet quiet hotel away...
    • Standard Room

This is a very centrally locatd and yet quiet hotel away from traffic which offers quite spacious rooms, somewhat idiosyncratically decorated. Staff is helpful and facilities which include a glassed bright indoor seating space and restaurant which have some charm. Altogether a very pleasant friendly place to stay in an excellent location.

The hotel was located in quiet street with th U-Bahn very...
    • Standard Room

The hotel was located in quiet street with th U-Bahn very near, Zoologischer Garten was 5 minutes away, it was perfect! I found the hotel to be modern, funky and a bit kinky in a very nice way. We got a very nice room (#414), it had the biggest TV ever and it rotated, so you could see it from the bed or the sofa. The bathroom was very comfortable and very clean. The mini bar was included! Movies were included! The bed was incredibly comfortable. It has been one of the nicest rooms I've ever stayed in, and I've stayed in many! People were extremely helpful, always smiling and ready to help.

No other hotel is better value for money
    • Standard Room

Comfy beds, free minibar, free apples and croissants, brilliant shower, free sanitary products, free films on demand, delightful cat, excellent location, quiet

Good general experience except the bill part
    • Standard Room

Actually, I have very good experience in this hotel before checking out. Everything here is good, except one thing has annoyed me since I got the Credit card bill. I got the 5 nights invoice costing 521.1 Euros. After I came back to China, find that my Credit Card charged me 602.7, which is quite strange. Other bills in Berlin all charged Euros, except it. I connected to Booking team more than 5 times during past half month, everytime they gave me different answers. Sometimes said the hotel said they charged more for security reasons, then the second day they said oops, the hotel said they charged 521.1 Euros indeed, no more. I need to call Booking team to fix problems ASAP since it's business trip, and I need to provide all the invoice and cost to our finance. It's not consistent, causing much trouble here. I should say Booking team never reply me positively, only call me back once when I insisted. Today I checked it again with my bank, they said the billed numbers should be USD, NOT Euros. And I googled it on the Internet, since I'm using full currency credit card, USD billed, instead of local currency, the hotel charged me via VISA Dynamic Currency Convert, costing me about 3% coverting fee. That's the reason why I cannot figure out why the currency rate didn't match at all. Therefore, I insist the hotel never charge people with Dynamic Currency Convert, 3% fee is too much, you really should inform me that in advance. At the same time, if Booking team is more professional and reliable, I won't waste so much time waiting at all. Really suck experience with Booking.

Great location, nice people to communicate.

In some ways it was like a hostel and in others like a fancy hotel!!
    • Standard Room

I thought the place was very confusing. Fair enough the accomodation wasnt very expensive but when we arrived it felt like we were entering a hostel, not a hotel. The layout of the reception desk, selling kitkat bars behind the desk and having to wait ten mins before seeing any of the staff to check us in. The staff also had a very relaxed approach (not always a bad thing). The room was nice, large with everything we needed. Its just my parents were in another room from us and I hadnt realised that this hotel is definitely for the younger ones, there were sexual conatations everywhere in the room including on the soap and shower gel containers. There was a checklist on the door of what to bring for a night out including , spare knickers, the pill etc etc. The do not disturb signs had pics of people "live on air" and there was a free condom in the treasure chest, for when you're InDIANA JONES!! All a good laugh I suppose but if i had known this I wouldnt have booked my parents in here!! There was a nice small gym and sauna too which were well maintained. One of the biggest shocks we got was the prices of the bar and restaurant. So breakfast wasnt included but for a continental breakfast ot cost 16:50 and for a bigger breakfast including hams and cheeses and egg was 24euro 😱. Chips cost 6:50euro!! The first evening we went to have a drink in the bar and were astonished at the prices of ten euro for a glass of red wine( the average price of the bottles in the shop down the road were 3:50) in a chipped wine glass and nine euro for a shot of jameson whiskey. Needless to say we didnt have a second round and we didnt eat once in the restaurant....cant understand how they think they will make any money with those extortionate prices!!!

The bed was huge and very comfortable, the shower was massive with good pressure. TV was massive with lots of movie options on the rainy days. Location was in a nice quiet but with a supermarket and a few restaurants within walking distance.

nice, clean and high room with a very comfortable bed
    • Standard Room

shower open on one side (no door), so the bathroom gets somewhat flooded

nice, clean and high room with a very comfortable bed soft drinks and a beer in the minibar every day for free central, but quiet location

Nice staff and decent conditions, in a good area of Berlin...
    • Standard Room

Nice staff and decent conditions, in a good area of Berlin with access to public transport. I was also able to park for free in front of the hotel (20 m in front are for free).

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

ALMOST PERFECT

Everything was fine, but no SKY TV

A very good breakfast buffet. Helpful and very friendly staff both in the restaurant and reception. Very nice room with a very good bed. A vey big tv with a lot of video-on-demand films that you could watch without paying. But unfortunately there was no Sky TV as advertised except a couple of Sky Sport Channels. I chose this hotel because of the Sky TV. Lists of Sky-tv channels you find on sky.de There was a free mini-bar. Only 10 minutes walk to KADEWE and Kurfurstendamm.

Comfortable clean modern
    • Standard Room

Tv diddnt work .water in shower goes all over the floor

Room was very modern and clean.close to public transport,shops and restaurants.sraff were friendly and helpful.spoke good english

Good place to stay in .
    • Standard Room

The Hotel is apparently under renovation so there were a lot of annoying sounds which in some times were heard even in the 4th floor where i stayed ! the Carpet was covered and the overall look wasn't suitable due to the renovation process. In a hotel that is supposedly 4 stars , I find it awkward that there were no slippers in bathroom. Cleanness isn't the best that I saw in the floors and maybe that was due to the renovation being worked on.

the room was cozy , clean and quit comfortable and the size was suitable for my small family. minibar free of charge isn't something you would find in other Hotels so we really loved it. the Staff were friendly and they tried to provide help in every situation. If i am to go again to Berlin, I would check this Hotel as the price is great in comparison to the other Hotels. Lovely Huge flat screen with a lot of channels is something I enjoyed a lot. The site of the hotel is quite near all amenities and I give that 5/5 , U bahn is less than 5 minutes away and with 10 minutes walking you would find yourself in the middle of the Ku'damm.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

Comfy bed
    • Standard Room

Toilet blocked first night, took two requests until someone looked at it - had to be moved rooms. The staff that checked us in never mentioned a "holding fee" being taken from my bank account, which was double the cost of the room itself, meant I was then overdrawn in my account.

Comfy bed

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

Nice hotel
    • Standard Room

The cleaners startet vaucuuming in front of the rooms early in the morning. It woke me up at 07:00! Besides this everything was great.

Big, clean and comfortable room!

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

Nice new boutique hotel
    • Standard Room

Parking is limited and a bit confusing, expensive as well. Payments are permanently very much complicated by a strange software/payment engine, some cards not usable. I have been typically chcerged double on two cards. I have spent some time to clear this issue afterwards. A simple POS as in a small coffee shop would do.

Breakfast was nice, some attempts to make it more fun by self service failed a bit. Beds are very good, bathrooms very convenient.

• Reviewed: 11 March 2017

Good short stay
    • Standard Room

The restaurant was expensive and served minimal servings. Minimal food for vegetarian

The sauna like bathroom. The led lights at bed were are also interesting. Near U Bahn.

• Reviewed: 26 January 2017

we liked Dormero hotel
    • Standard Room

Very good location, close to shops and restaurants, yet very quiet and peaceful. Exellent bed, very good quality bed lining. Staff was very helpful and polite. Very clean rooms, free minibar. We enjoyed our stay and will surely choose same hotel if we visit again Berlin.

• Reviewed: 11 January 2017

The bed was very comfy and the shower was amazing apart from...
    • Standard Room

The room was a little on the cold side sadly.

The bed was very comfy and the shower was amazing apart from the fact it would leave water all over the floor. Staff were very friendly.

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

Fabulous stay
    • Standard Room

No coffee making facilities in the room.

Great hotel with fabulous friendly staff in a very good location. Only thing I would say is coffee making facilities were missing from the room but the free mini bar did provide some compensation for that. All in all a lovely friendly hotel that I would definitely recommend.

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

Comfy,clean hotel with an abundance of staff.
    • Standard Room

The money that was froze on my visa debit card as a deposit. One week later and it's still not been returned. Receptionist said it would be returned two hours after we checked out. In total the hotel added over 150€ to the bill for the room as a security deposit.

Nice walk to central area and Christmas markets. Located in a quiet area.

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

One of the best options for short-term stay

Poor cleaning

Assistance and friendliness of reception and other staff Location Up-to-date furniture Wide range of options/facilities Restaurant Quite ambience

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

Great Hotel in a fantastic city
    • Standard Room

Nothing. There was nothing we didn't like.

Staff were friendly and helpful, rooms were modern, large and clean. Set far enough back to avoid hearing the traffic but close enough to public transport, the zoo and ku'damm shopping/europa centre.

• Reviewed: 11 December 2016

Massive tv
    • Suite

Room needed quite a lot of maintenance which when we mentioned to staff to fix, like the broken hairdresser they were unable to do and showed no real interest in finding a solution. We had to tell reception 5 times over 2 days before they gave us access to another room to go in and use the hairdryer, which they only did because she stood in reception with wet hair and suggested it herself!

Massive tv

• Reviewed: 4 November 2016

• Standard Room

The hotel was a building site. There was banging and drilling day and night for the whole five days we were there. Our sleep was interrupted constantly and we had to move rooms twice. It completely marred our holiday. Don't stay here until the works are finished.

After we had moved rooms twice, we eventually got to try one of the newly refurbished rooms, which was nice.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

This is a very good hotel, clean, large room, good wi-fi and...
    • Standard Room

This is a very good hotel, clean, large room, good wi-fi and air cond; quiet. In top of all, the location is fantastic, 150m to U station, or in 5 min walk, you are at Europa Center on Kudam, 7min to KDW

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

Nice staff and good hotel close to the centre of Berlin
    • Standard Room

The interior of the lifts could do with a lick of paint (I am being a bit harsh but I like to see hotels stay on top of such easy to resolve issues). The price per night for the hotel is about right.

All the staff were very nice. The hotel is bright, modern and clean.

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

Stay fit
    • Standard Room

With one lift broken upon arrival and both the lifts out of order the next four days (in the middle of a heat wave) and a WiFi working so slowly that it was more or less non existing despite the assurances to clear it, you get the impression that nobody really cares. The slogan of the hotel is Stay Fancy. Meeting other guests in the stairs, carrying heavy luggage, prams, toddlers the greating was Stay Fit.

This could have been a perfect stay, spacious room, comfy bed, clean, giant TV, friendly staff and cute cat but...

• Reviewed: 13 September 2016

Beautiful hotel in the center of Berlin.Friendly stuff and excellent room
    • Standard Room

They have two elevators but only one was available.From the second day the second elevator was broken so we had to take the stairs to go to the 4th floor.Also really expensive if you wanted to buy something from the bar.

Beautiful hotel in the center of Berlin.Friendly stuff,excellent room and free provisions like mini bar and gym.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

Unbearable noisy construction and Wifi that does not work
    • Standard Room

I would have like to have been informed of the construction and the noise upon arriving––perhaps I would have chosen another hotel if I had known. Also, the WiFi simply did not work, which is a major issue.

The staff was very friendly. My major complaints are that the WiFi worked so slowly that it might as well not have been offered and that there was construction going on directly over our room (from 9AM onwards, everyday). The noise was so unbearable and impossible to tolerate, and each time I asked a different member of the staff when it would be over I heard conflicting information: One told me it would be over in half an hour, which was not the case; another told me that they would not be doing construction on the weekends, which also was untrue as they began at 9AM on both Saturday and Sunday,

Rooms and bed v comfy
    • Standard Room

Bar closed early. Wanted to get food and drink after a late delayed flight.

Rooms and bed v comfy

Weekend away
    • Standard Room

Everything you could want from a city break hotel

Bigs modern stylish rooms, the staff is friendly and answer to all questions and helping
    • Standard Room

Great rooms, friedly staff, clean rooms

I loved everything about Dormero Hotel and would definitely stay here again!
    • Standard Room

The staff was super friendly, the location very central and the bed one of the most comfortable I've slept in.

Digging the Dormero
    • Standard Room

Literally only thing was ran out of shampoo and was never replaced

Amazing value, cool lights, animal friendly, free drinks, peaceful

Good breakfast, cozy and modern rooms
    • Standard Room

Reception staff could be more friendly and helpful

Good breakfast, cozy and modern rooms

Value for money
    • Standard Room

Very friendly staff upon check in and also at the breakfast buffet.

The style is totally inelegant in my opinion

The style is totally inelegant in my opinion

EXcellent hotel (location and value) in Berlin
    • Standard Room

Chairs were uncomfortable in room and restaurant

Soren Weber, front desk, was very pleasant, cordial and helpful

Quiet street, close to underground, close to shopping and...

Room very hot

Quiet street, close to underground, close to shopping and food precincts, large room

The room we stayed in.

The room we stayed in.

bed

bed

Perfect stay!

Perfect stay!

Mixed experience
    • Standard Room

The room was noisy. Some of the staff were great, others had an attitude. The fittings in the room require looking into.

Great Stay, Great Value!

All was good :-)

Location was perfect. Very close to main Kudam attractions but in a quite back street. Rooms were big, clean and modern.

very welcoming staff
    • Standard Room

there were constructions going on and hence experience was dampened

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

Very nice rooms, Great food and staff.

Looking forward to seeing new lifts.

Very nice rooms, Great food and staff.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

Chic and classy
    • Standard Room

The pillows were too soft for us both personally

I loved the whole look and ambience of the hotel, it made me feel special

Perfect
    • Standard Room

The hotel is situated in a clean and calm area, just inside the city center. Walking distance to all major monuments is acceptable.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

Excellent city centre hotel

Nothing, it was great.

Beautiful hotel in a great location, very quiet but central. Excellent, friendly staff. Highly recommended.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

breakfast
    • Standard Room

one of the two elevators smells bad. there was no pot in the room.

breakfast

The room and the bathroom could have been cleaner

The room and the bathroom could have been cleaner

Wifi in our room was.
    • Standard Room

Wifi in our room was... elusive :)

Disappointing despite staff help and reasonable price/location
    • Standard Room

Bedroom small smelt of smoke, no bath, poor toiletries, stairs not cleaned.

Dirty stairs, bedroom smelt of cigarette smoke.

Comfortable stay

Wifi did not work on 2nd floor

Beautiful and big hotel, free mini bar, spacious room and cosy bed

Comfort stay in Berlin

The staff

• Reviewed: 2 February 2017

Nice quiet place in city center
    • Standard Room

A kettle for tee/coffee in the room or floor would be great.

Very comfortable bed

• Reviewed: 27 January 2017

Good hotel for value/price
    • Standard Room

Big problem with the shower, was every time the flood in the bathroom.

The calm of the room. The mini bar free. The location in a good neighbourhood.

• Reviewed: 13 January 2017

Stay away - unless it's super cheap
    • Standard Room

Everything - except the location and price

Location and price

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

lux hotel at a very good price
    • Standard Room

The tv amd the phone weren't working but the receptionist was willing to change the room

Bed very comfort, sauna, gym and minibar everyday free.

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

Proximity to halal restaurants and mini mart.
    • Standard Room

Separated toilet and bathroom.

Location close to halal restaurants and mini market.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

Nice hotel!
    • Standard Room

Very nice location. Good internet. A tidy rooms and very friendly stuff.

• Reviewed: 21 May 2016

The staff were very helpful except regarding breakfast...

The breakfast was expensive at 19euros /person particularly as my wife only ever had 2 coffees and a roll. Provision of trays would obviate the constant walking from the side rooms to the buffet bar,. the scrambled egg was never warm enough regardless of at what time we went to breakfast including one as early as 0630

The staff were very helpful except regarding breakfast inflexibility

• Reviewed: 11 May 2016

The rooms at Dormero are large, well furnisched and very...

The rooms at Dormero are large, well furnisched and very comfortable. The double beds are truelly kingsize! Great location, an easy walk to the U-bahn and the bustling Ku-dam, yet in a quiet tree-lined street.

• Reviewed: 7 April 2016

The location is great

The staff were not entirely helpful, had to change rooms as the toilet was so dirty, the second room you can here the noise in the street very loudly. Last breakfast is really not that great- scrambled eggs were a omelet in a big sliver dish for example.

The location is great

• Reviewed: 31 March 2016

The bed was comfy, location was incredible, super clean,...

We didn't pick up on anything we thought could have been improved on (and both of us have worked in busy hotels in the past)!

The bed was comfy, location was incredible, super clean, thoughtful extras (e.g. free mini bar), giant TV was a lovely surprise, just generally a lovely stay. Everyone was friendly, such good value for money. Absolutely loved the cat in the lounge.

• Reviewed: 6 March 2016

The rooms were beautiful, modern luxurious and very clean.

I loved everything

The rooms were beautiful, modern luxurious and very clean. Drinks in the mini bar were free. Excellent location in West Berlin beside lots of designer shops and very quiet

• Reviewed: 12 February 2016

Great facility, beautiful spacious rooms, great bed.

I like all :-)

Great facility, beautiful spacious rooms, great bed.Billiard room. Even the location is in the centre is located in a quiet side street.

• Reviewed: 21 January 2016

The bedrooms are very comfortable.

The sauna is large and clean, but you only have 3 chairs to sit/lay on after a sauna session. Also you have only one showercabin, where you cannot shower privately (people from the resting- and fitness area can see you while you are getting a shower). Breakfast was served at 06:30, all was prepared and nicely presented at the buffet (most likely by the chef), but I first saw somebody from the hotel staff in the breakfast area at 07:00.

The bedrooms are very comfortable. The beds are one of the best hotelbeds I've slept in. TV screens are huge, with HD channels for free. Also the free drinks in the mini bar are great to have.

• Reviewed: 17 December 2015

Stayed here before when it was a lot more expensive than it...

Stayed here before when it was a lot more expensive than it is now (taken over) but its still excellent, staff are brilliant, rooms really good, food good, location and facilities excellent

There are also 32 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse DORMERO Hotel Berlin Ku'damm traveller photo gallery