Reviews of Breidenbacher Hof, a Capella Hotel This is the official star rating given to the property by an independent third party - the Hotelstars Union. The property is compared to the industry standard and scored based on price, facilities and services offered. Use the star rating to help choose your stay!

Königsallee 11, Stadtmitte, 40212 Düsseldorf, Germany

#1 of 197 hotels in Düsseldorf

9.8

Excellent hotel in great location
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Every staff member we came across were friendly and very helpful and were keen to see we enjoyed our stay. The breakfast at the hotel is very good. Rooms are spacious and very comfortable.

Everything!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Price is not cheap but valuable enough.

Everything! Hospitality of all staffs was especially awesome. Gentle, kind and friendly. It was very sophisticated.

Everything was wonderful awesome i had been many city but...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

What I don’t like only was the breakfast I wish it’s was more selection of Arabic and live eggs station and some hot main dishes.

Everything was wonderful awesome i had been many city but they was the best . Even the manager Mr.Benjamen he was very elegant and awesome to talk with us and give us the best service

Good place overall, but need to work on the food in bar and room-service.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The food in from the bar and ordered through room-service was lousy, not at all up to the mark (the Ceasar salad, for example, had mayonnaise instead of dressing!). And had to ask for my shower cap, the vanity kit was not renewed. Just one soap bar, which is not enough!

Well-kept, spacious halls and rooms, enough staff, fine amenities.

Clean room not on the request but as a must
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

We stayed for 5 nights and three of the days hotel didn’t clean our room! We asked on the 2nd day to please not to forget to clean our room and coming in the evening on the 3rd day how we were surprised that the room again wasn’t cleaned! Both beds not tied, extra shampoo was never given until we use till the end the one we had, we paid for extra kid bed in addition but the hotel never supplied us with extra towels for the kid! We stayed in this hotel not once and as last time we were amazed by the hotel we have chosen it again BUT it’s absurd to ask to clean the room our self (it’s a 5 star hotel) and not once but three days out of five we stayed there! Not ok for this kind of a hotel.

Receptionist was a bit rude and started arguing in respect...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Receptionist was a bit rude and started arguing in respect of €300 deposit to take either cash or from my bank account. He was insisting that other people (he rudely named specific nationalities) damaged to the property and therefore it is hotel policy to take deposit as company couldn’t trust guests!!!! It wasn’t addressed in the booking confirmation email and when I was checking out I saw new guests checking in had similar issues. One more, he described the procedure in very poor English which can be deemed rude.

• Capella Suite

We had An amazing time at This gorgeous hotel. The room,the staff, the Food Everything was as iT should be We booked This hotel with our 9 year old daughter,key words for us were city centre and swimming pool Because of her. To our big surprise we learned at the reception that the pool was closed for renovation for 2 weeks,our daughter was very disappointed and so were we,This should have been reported on your website.

I have stayed for 2 nights 29-31 March 2018 in this...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

I have stayed for 2 nights 29-31 March 2018 in this excellent hotel for a great location in the center of Düsseldorf and the center of the shops and front of river and exactly two minutes walk to the old city. The hotel is distinguished from the rest of the hotels with a lounge and living area which all services are free like coffee, juices and the Internet Wifi and allot.

Perfect hotel. Absolutely lovely. I’d stay again.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Nothing could be improved.

It was a beautiful hotel. Lovely furnishing and light. Facilities were great. The pool and spa were perfect for a winter spa break. Location near Christmas markets was excellent. The staff were incredibly helpful and friendly. Nothing was too much trouble. One staff member rushed to our room when our little girl cut her finger and gave her a Peppa Pig plaster. So kind.

Lovely place to stay for a weekend break in Dusseldorf
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Stayed for 2 nights to visit the Christmas market. Location could not be better just off the top of the Ko. Wonderful room and enjoyed the lounge with free tea and coffee. Did not take the breakfast as find this a little too expensive so cannot comment but enjoyed a very nice drink in the bar.

Family-friendly luxury.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

View from smallest standard room was onto a courtyard- choose a better room if you want a city view.

Unusually pleasant staff, good sense of humour, exceptionally helpful and personal. Great location for shopping and xmas markets. Very comfortable room, beds, bathroom, and free soft drinks in the mini bar. Global tv channel access, if that's important to you. The staff made sure there were tiny bathrobes for the little ones, and the swimming pool is kid-friendly, as is the Brasserie restaurant. Overall would return here again.

the perfect runaway stay

none

The hotel is amazing starting with the staff from the door bell to the personal assistance. the details they care for each guest is supper exceeding anyones expectations.

An excellent hotel in a great location
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The only slight issue is that there is a separate smoking room accessed via the bar and you could smell cigar smoke in the bar due to the connecting door opening and closing.

The hotel has an excellent location for visiting Düsseldorf city centre. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful and make the effort to remember your name. We had a deluxe room that was very well furnished with a large and comfortable bed.

5 star quality in all of its amenditoes and services.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

This is a 5 star hotel that deserves its 5 stars. Noteworthy is the consistency of the quality it offers throughout the whole range of its amenities and services. The location cannot be better.

Location and quality was superb!

Honestly, nothing!

Although the hotel was a little pricey it was truly worth it! The staff and rooms were above anything we have stayed in. The rooms are excellent! The breakfast is to die for!

Lovely hotel, great location.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Restaurant was disappointingly average. Decor is like a brasserie, it did not feel to us like “fine dining” as advertised. Restaurant needs updating - to be complementary to the adjacent cocktail bar which is excellent.

Great friendly staff. Lovely bedroom. Nice guests room on ground floor. Great location for shops and Konigsallee.

Great experience. Will come again to this hotel if I travelled again to dussildorf.

I couldn't find any.

The staff take care of you the moment you park your car in front of the hotel till you check out. The day you come the receptionist will escort you to your room and show you some of the hotel facilities. They put fruits in the room every day. When you go out from the hotel for walking they give you an umbrella if its raining. They give you a bottle of water every time you get in your car to leave. They have a free coffee machine in the lobby and it taste great. Location is great. Worth the money!

Best hotel in this Area

Nothing , all Amazing

- Staff were so friendly more than what you can expect which made my stay great. - The location is super on most of famous shopping street and on the other side the old city. - Food is delicious, - The hotel is only 15 minutes from airport by car - 1 hours only from biggest shopping outlet - Staff , staff , staff of the hotel were wonderful

The staff were superb, friendly, helpful and very attentive...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The staff were superb, friendly, helpful and very attentive, from the front desk to the cleaning staff. The coffee in the living room was wonderful and the pianist in the bar was extremely talented.

I simply loved the hotel, I really enjoyed my time at the...

NOTHING

I simply loved the hotel, I really enjoyed my time at the hotel. To the extent that I was thinking of changing my plans and extending my stay, bite unfortunately the hotel was overbooked. Regarding the room, it was exceptional. The bed extremely comfortable, lighting amazing, bathroom extraordinary. I think this room took experts to make. It’s really beautiful. Regarding the staff, I really have nothing to say but that they are wonderful people. From the bellboy to the concierge to the receptionist. My stay was exceptional

very luxurious hotel , the best location in this city every...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

the price is little bet high

very luxurious hotel , the best location in this city every thing around you from the main entrance if you want shopping go right restraints and old town go left

Awesome hotel experience in Düsseldorf, defiantly will repeat it again.

The wi fi connection was a bit slow in the floor we stayed.

The hotel facilities and the style is very luxurious. Excellent services provided to the hotel guests. All the guests requests ( special food type requests) will be delivered to you since the hotel representive will try to accommodate your request. Location is excellent and Everything things is near by. I have the chance to celebrate my birthday day during my stay in the hotel and the arrangement was awesome. Nice selection of cake, big candle, beautiful flower bouquet and some special gifts from the hotel management. Everything was so great. Thanks for everything.

Exceptional stay!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

They really made my stay exceptional! I stayed for two nights on my honeymoon and they were very friendly and they offer me drinks and cakes and also a gift from Dior to celebrate my honeymoon! Thanks a lot!

My favorite hotel in Düsseldorf!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The breakfast was not steadily good at the same level every day. Some days were much better than other days. This is the first time that this happened at this hotel so I was also a bit surprised. But I must say, some days were really bad. Their system with the credit card to secure the payment if anything should happen was not good. Our card was blocked to use for a few days after check out which caused inconvenience. They need to look into this system and improve it. Some views from the room are very boring and not interesting. They could do some improvement on this like how the Spanish make their inside garden (patios).

Location and the living room/private lobby. The lobby in this hotel is an extra closed lobby where only the guests who are staying at the hotel can relax in a private atmosphere. I really appreciate this SPACE this give to their guests. The breakfast is usually fantastic but there could be days that the cook is sick and the niveau goes down. The rooms are comfortable and clean. The separate toilet is also very nice. The coffee machine in the room! And it feel grand that you are invited to the minibar in the room. Waters and soft drinks, juices are complimentary! This is a WOW experience! You have to visit their fantatic Bar! They are the best creative menu you can imagine and the drinks are amazing!

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

Excellent hotel upscale ,pricy but worth the money.

Already explained above.

The hotel is an excellent property with best location possible in Düsseldorf. All aspects other than housekeeping are commendable. Breakfast is ok.

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

Luxurious hotel in the heart of Düsseldorf
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

It's very much expensive hotel

Strong staff specially the personal assistants in the concierge ( Mr. Simon & Mrs. Sabena ) they are Tom Cruise in Mission Impossible . I can't ask for more seriously one of the finest hotel I had been . They also have a beautiful cigar lounge . Thanks

It is an experience to be shared and story to be told

It is too expensive

The hotel is a classic and unique, there is a personal assistant who takes care of all your requirement. The location for the hotel is amazing, I strongly recommend it

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

Wonderful hospitality nothing to much trouble if you visit Dusseldorf this is place to stay.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Nothing could have been better except for Breakfast which was a bit slow and expensive for what was available

The staff were all so friendly ,helpful and obliging especial with Simon concierge in guests living room. He was so helpful funny and a great asset to the hotel.

• Reviewed: 2 December 2016

The rooms were good, it's located right in the heart of...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

For my breakfast I had clearly told that I don't need pork ham on my omelette (not once but thrice). The lady was like ok I understand and I will take good care of it. I think it was just 2 or 3 tables occupied at that hour. So there's no chance for miscommunication from the service team or the kitchen staffs. I was served with pork ham in my omelette and I literally ate. After then I noticed meat in it and I called the manager and the Chef was called and he admitted that it had pork ham. What would u call for this!!!!!!! Totally disappointed. And the breakfast counter was too short with basically nothing u could say. In such a prestigious hotel, we expect a lavish spread breakfast. Options were very few. The management did come and apologise while checking out and I appreciate that.

The rooms were good, it's located right in the heart of the shopping district. The staff were very helpful.

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

The Commode toilet seat covers and the Bidet was not clean...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The Commode toilet seat covers and the Bidet was not clean from underneath After check in was inforned that only two nights out of the six nights were including breakfast and not the remaining four nights.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

A hotell living on the old reputation, stylish building, but in need for improvement & human prices
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Ill-mannered approach through a written letter, that I am smoking in the room, (never smoked in my life), without checking first the facts. Later the Duty Man. has appologised. The breakfast is rubbery. 24€ for a poor continental breakfast is not acceptable.

A hotell with atmosphere, excellent location

• Reviewed: 15 October 2016

Luxury, comfort and great service
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Hair dryer. Have to hold button "on" while drying hair - not easy if you're not male! Gym was small and could have more equipment.

Staff were welcoming, helpful and friendly Piano bar is cool and restaurant food was great

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

Staff were friendly and helpful .
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Calculating the expenses the price per nights are different

Staff were friendly and helpful .we were in Eid vacation they send for us some treats and fruits to the suite to celebrate

• Reviewed: 17 September 2016

The best hotel ever...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

maybe more food option in the breakfast buffet.

everything, professional staff, room technology, restaurant, location. wi fi, speed of service, private guest living room option...etc.

Close to all attractions,

Charging for car parking 39 euro /day

Close to all attractions, Cleanliness, Hospitality, Soundproof, Great bed, Great bathroom

Everything was amazing

Norhing

Everything was amazing

One of the best hotels i have ever been!!!!
    • Executive Suite

Staff,cleanliness,location,room size,bathroom,shower,indoor pool.

everything was just perfect .
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

everything was just perfect . staff , service provided, location..

Best staff ever
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The interior but I guess that’s taste

The staff was incredible helpful and friendly. I have never experienced more helpful and friendly staff

Where to start, a stunning hotel all round

Breakfast staff

Where to start, a stunning hotel all round

Location Extremely clean Super great staff Breakfast is good Large rooms

Every thing.

Every thing.

One of the best hotels! Great location and very nice and helpful staff. Spacious and clean rooms.

Slow wifi

I enjoyed the staying very much

Everything is excellent

Friendly staff and perfect location
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Very clean make you feel like home

Friendly staff and perfect location

Best house of the town, luxury in every detail and excellent...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Best house of the town, luxury in every detail and excellent service and location. A place you will want to call home!

If you want to feel relaxed and enjoy your vacation then this Hotel should be your choice.
    • Capella Suite

The hotel will provide you with an exceptional service and assistance.

Breakfast, location and stuff

Breakfast, location and stuff

Everthing was excellent, room size was grand which is...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Everthing was excellent, room size was grand which is unusual europe...

This is really the place to be, for any couple or family...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

This is really the place to be, for any couple or family that will enjoy the finer things in life.

The best hotel in dusseldorf

Location, the best in town.

Fantastic.

Nothing. A great hotel.

They staff where extremely friendly

Very kindly stuff

Very kindly stuff

everything

nothing to report

everything

Great Experience
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Great location and friendly and professional staff

True luxury an old world kind of luxury.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Very comfortable bed. And beautiful linnen from Pratesi. Overal the best of the best!

The touch screen to control the lights

The selection of the food menu

The touch screen to control the lights Heating curtains

Weekend and Christmas Shopping

Es war alles perfekt

Luxus Hotel, der beste in Düsseldorf

Super service, nice staff, great facilities !
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Super service, nice staff, great facilities !

Always a great place to stay.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Great staff - received a call before my stay to see if there was anything they could do to make me more comfortable.

Best place to stay in Dusseldorf
    • Executive Suite

Super location

6 star hotel
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

A guest can see and feel the attention of the staff to every detail in order to reach perfection.

Excellent in various aspects

Excellent in various aspects

Best in Dusseldorf

In room dining

Almost everything

Everything,, i always come back to the city for this hotel

Everything,, i always come back to the city for this hotel

Best place

Very excellent hotel with friendly staff

The location is really good.

Expensive but worthy

The location is really good. In the city and all shopping around you. The hotel is luxury and nice breakfast

Very expensive laundry service

Very expensive laundry service

Location super, staff friendly
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

House keeping cleanliness could be better.

Location super, staff friendly

Every thing was excellent

Every thing was excellent

A once in a lifetime experience. But then again, it could easily happen again i will re-visit them ;
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The view from the window.

We indicated the trip was part of our honeymoon. A special gift + room upgrade was received for free!!

Fathers Day Weekend