Reviews of Burg Wegberg Catering This is the official star rating given to the property by an independent third party - the Hotelstars Union. The property is compared to the industry standard and scored based on price, facilities and services offered. Use the star rating to help choose your stay!

Burgstrasse 8, 41844 Wegberg, Germany

#1 of 4 hotels in Wegberg

Good location to attend Medica

No internet connection in room 116. Asked every day (we stay 4 days) but was never solved. Mentioned it at check out too.

Room and bed were perfect, breakfast was good but some more veggies would be better. Reception was not always available.

We stayed in the building adjacent to the hotel, which was...

We stayed in the building adjacent to the hotel, which was excellent for my mother who has some mobility issues, as we didn't have to climb any stairs. Furthermore, we could enter the breakfast area from outside, again preventing her from having to climb any stairs. The breakfast in this hotel was our favorite in Germany compared to the other five hotels we stayed in during our stay.

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

Great Stay

Sky TV had recently been discontinued and there were no English TV channels. The wifi kept dropping out.

Breakfasts were excellent - the fizzy being a luxurious addition! The staff were very friendly and helpful to a fault. The location is superb.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

Awesome!

How could this hotel be better? Umm, maybe a swimming pool in the basement? Other than that, I can't see how this hotel could actually be improved.

Wow - what a place! The room was big, modern and awesome. The staff were so friendly (all with excellent English) parking was free and secure. The breakfast was awesome (including a free glass of Sekt!). I had an evening meal in the restaurant which was fantastic. My advice would be stay here if you can!

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

Customer service, was excellent, everybody we encountered...

Customer service, was excellent, everybody we encountered made us feel welcome. There is plenty of parking on site, as the Hotel is situated in the centre of Wegberg adjacent to a park, it is easy to walk everywhere to enjoy the town.

OK for one night
    • Comfort Double Room

The room: 1970s style

Restaurant and breakfast

Friendly, comfortable and good location, and parking.

Steep way down to the restaurant. Difficult for people with mobility problems.

Good variety of breakfast menu. Lovely room and facilities

Riante kamer.

?

Riante kamer. Junior-suite.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

Loved the setting

There was no pool!!

Loved the setting

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

Looking forward to going back

Lack of wifi

The room was lovely, the location for our purpose was ideal, breakfast is always delicious.

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

Very good location for brief visit to Wegberg

Large room with lovely outlook. Good breakfast with friendly service. Plenty of parking space.

• Reviewed: 2 April 2016

Friendly staff, check-in was very quick.

Free Wi-Fi signal was to weak to work in our room.

Friendly staff, check-in was very quick. Our room was large and well equipped. Free parking on the door step. Evening meal in the restaurant was very good and breakfast was of a high standard. Great location and easy to walk the dog.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2015

The initial look of the hotel.

Although I booked a luxury room the view was of a brick wall and roof. I would have thought Luxury rooms at least looked over the grounds. The room as a result was rather dark and required the lights to be left on during the day. Initially the heating did not work and required a heating engineer to call in order to fix it. Surely this should have been sorted before guests complained. the décor in the room was rather dated with a faint smell of smoke, despite the room being no smoking. There was no English speaking channels on the TV which didn't bother me too much but at least a news channel, CNN or BBC World would have been the least which could have been available. Despite requesting Gluten Free products at breakfast for my partner when I booked, the hotel had omitted to read this request resulting in no GF products on our first morning. They did however manage to find some bread for the second morning, thank you. Overall I was extremely disappointed with the room and feel perhaps they do not warrant 4 stars, I have stayed in numerous 3 star hotels in Germany with better facilities. The hotel offered to take E20 from my bill which I declined, however the receptionist still took it from the bill, I would have thought a derisory amount. Sadly I wont return to this hotel when next in Wegberg, I will look for something more appropriate.

The initial look of the hotel. Appearance however can be deceiving. Staff helpful if a little complacent.

• Reviewed: 6 December 2015

The staff were really helpful (we were delayed on an already...

The staff were really helpful (we were delayed on an already late book in time), facilities are all comfortable and clean and breakfast is delicious!

• Reviewed: 9 June 2015

Friendliness and cleaness

Friendliness and cleaness

There are also 6 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Burg Wegberg Catering traveller photo gallery