Reviews of Centro Hotel Keese 3 stars

Reeperbahn 19-21, St. Pauli, 20359 Hamburg, Germany

#183 of 323 hotels in Hamburg

The property is right in the middle Reeperbahn which for some will be ideally located, but it was somewhat noisy in my room. I wasn't especially bothered by this, but would be a problem for some.

Good location for the Reeperbahn and St. Pauli quay.

The Reeperbahn location means it is a bit noisy when trying to sleep as Hamburg is very much an all night location. Noise between the rooms travels quite a bit too

Location is very central and on the busy Reeperbahn. The room was clean and tidy and perfectly adequate for a one night stay

No air-con in a room facing the sun during the day made the room quite hot.

The hotel and room is basic but clean and provides everything needed, our stay was comfortable.

Excellent location, friendly staff, parking, delicious breakfast. Possibility to spend good time with small children during the breakfast (isolated playing room with toys is available)

The room was incredibly tiny, with barely any place to move around. Pictures on the website made it look much bigger. The double bed was two single beds joined together. The problem is that they had wheels and were constantly moving around and leaving a gap in the middle. Not comfortable for two people to sleep in.

Location is great. The room was clean and tidy.

Room size, very tight. If your looking for peace and quiet your looking in the wrong place.

Hotel is in a perfect location, clean, comfy bed and helpful friendly staff. The rooms are small and basic but i guess as expected for the price.

The hotel is clean and the rooms look nice, and staff very helpful. However it is very noisy - bar downstairs blasting music until early hours and limited soundproofing between rooms. Rooms are very well priced, cheap in fact, but if you need a good night's sleep, there would be better locations.

Would be good to have a kettle in the room as there is no facility for breakfast.

Small rooms but perfectly comfortable. Friendly staff let us check in early. Bonus of heating in the room we could control. Perfect location for Reeperbahn.

Sound travelled and at numerous times we had people standing in the hall chatting loudly but this wouldnt deter us from staying here again

Super friendly staff, fantastic location, very clean. Would definately stay here again.

It might be annoying during night because it faces Reeperbahn that is a noisy street for cars and clubs.

The room was clean and comfortable. Great position if you are looking also for the nightlife.

It didn't bother me but some people might dislike the fact that the rooms are facing the Reeperbahn and in the night the Reeperbahn gets noisy. Also, the Reeperbahn is a red light district so if you are a prude avoid it.

The place is in a very central location in Sankt Pauli, the red light/party district at the core of Hamburg. The room and the bathroom are small but clean. The shower works well. The hotel provides you with towel and basic toiletries. Internet works well. There is a table to use your laptop. It is only 2 minutes walking from the underground, from a supermarket and to many bars, restaurants and clubs. The center of the city is 1 stop away by metro or 20 minutes walking. The staff is professional and helpful. You can leave your luggage there after the check out.

No lift so might be tricky if someone has a big heavy suitcase. I didn’t, so not a problem for me. The room didn’t have a safe, so I carried my passport and laptop with me throughout my stay to be extra safe, although the building felt safe enough I could have left them in my room anyway.

Very nice and helpful staff. Good that it has 24hr reception. My room (26) overlooks the road but it was quiet nonetheless. Essential but with everything I needed, including good wifi. Close to public transport!

Really needs to have tea/coffee facilities in the room. Didn’t like having to leave the hotel and find a coffee shop

The room was very clean, the bed was comfy and the staff were lovely

There is rock bar below which you could hear a slight bit of noise but this was at 8pm at night. No problem for us at all.

Near to the Repenbeen but not that close. Rooms were cleaned daily. WiFi worked brilliantly. The night staff checked your details before giving you the key.

lot's of noise from other guest on the corridor in the night.

very quick check in and out, top loaction on the reeperbahn, very good for a night out or two.

The room was small and cold. No breakfast available or facilities in the room which meant having to get dressed and go to McD down the road. The TV was only in German and one channel in French.

Easy access to the center

But noisy at night as you are right on the main road but we knew it would be like that when booking due to location

Good location which was great to get back and forward after plenty drinks

All single rooms face the street, which gets quite noisy at night. I brought earplugs though and was fine. The bed had some hairs in it, but I could tell the sheets were clean so I wasn't bothered.

A nice, cosy room, clean and economic. Not exactly large, but it's not like I was in Hamburg to spend my time in a hotel room. It had everything I needed and, though I stayed only for one night, I'm sure I would've been happy staying longer.

There is no elevator then you have to take stairs.

The staffs were very nice & friendly. The bed is extra comfy. internet available in all rooms. room was clean and nice. good location in the Reeperbahn close to restaurants & night life. Hotel is good for young & single persons its located in the middle of party place.

rate 97% - little things didn't give 100% - leave chocolate instead of hard sweet for turn down - have a small fan in room for hot nights and noisy area but nothing you can do about that !

Everything was perfect - very nice clean modern new room - perfect location for night life !

for people who are used to have AC - there is no such thing there - not for me tough. there is no breakfast possibility.

easy access in the middle of the nightlife of hamburg. at night a little loud due to open windows.

There was an annoying voice at the back of the building where the room was located and not because of the street, but from something at the back that sounded like an AC working. No elevator.

The room is very clean and WIFI good. Reception is open 24/7. Great location

Today two of my partners woke up and they wallets were missing. Someone came in into the night and stole them. Strange that the door was locked and someone came in and they didn´t hear anything. Police came and did a report. We are very upset.

All is all right

If you like you like fancy parties, if you need holiday everyday - it's place for you! Not expensive, but clear and cozy room, TV, WiFi, noise every night. Near of city center, harbor, U-St.Pauli and S-Reeperbahn. A lot of bars and night clubs nearby.

The staff on the front desk were really welcoming they let me leave my bag with them because I arrived early , hotel was spotless I really can't fault the hotel the late night night life outside is little noisy and probably not suitable for you children but the hotel is close to everything . I would definitely stay here again if I go back to Hamburg .

The lady on the reception was extremely unfriendly. Upon check-in I asked if the hotel has room that are not facing the main street. The answer I received from her was ´I cannot fulfill any more wishes for today´. The restof the staff was very nice and friendly.

Located on the famous Reeperbahn street. Very good connection to public transportation. The room was clean and cozy. Although the street is extremely loud at night, the room was very quiet during the night with windows closed.

Tiny tiny washbasin. Also the toilet wasn't flushed when I checked in, I assume this must be problem with the plumbing or what, since every time I came back the human waste reappeared despite careful flushing.

Nice staff, good location.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

I was on the third floor facing the street -so just above the bars and there was A LOT of noise all night. I did expect it, given the location but it was very loud. I have stayed in other places on the street and it was not this bad. It was a Monday night but the walls are very very thin.

The room was very simple and clean.

only the size of a twin room was amazing...small. I have never slept it that small room with 2, but beside that everything was ok

The price was very ok if you compare it to other hotels in that standard. Location was ok, close to big, quite cheap parkings and a fuuun district for those who may need that. The room was clean and the personel polite and kind.

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

Area seemed a little dangerous, because of numerous of drunk and homeless people. Bathroom was quite small and TV was only in german.

Hotel was always kept clean. It's close to city center and a metro.

The hotel is above a noisy bar and on a party street. The rooms had quite thin walls so I would not recommend this for someone who wants to get a quiet night's sleep. I heard noise throughout my stay day and night.

Very friendly staff who tried to help me when they could.

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

I paid about 360 Euros for 3 nights. Could book way better hotels in other parts of the city with this money. Apparently its expensive because of its location in Reeperbahn but we had no idea and had no business having a room in a nightlife area otherwise I would never book a room there. On our way to hotel we encountered a street gang blocking our way and asking for money, not in a forceful way but still very uncomfortable specially when you're with a female friend or family. The hotel itself is just a room. Seems like the rooms here are mostly booked for tourists who came to buy sex or nightlife, never recommend here to a biz or family trip. We were forced to checkout at 11 whereas it's 12 in most of the hotels I have stayed so far.

The rooms are clean, apparently refurbished. Pretty small but stuff are new and clean.

It is not a real hotel, just few rooms in a corridor. The room was very tight. noise from the corridor and the street can be heard all day and night.

The room was clean, the staff was helpful. a good location in an interesting area especially at the night.

• Reviewed: 24 February 2017

Could have been a bigger bed than a single, even in a single room. It's on the Reeperbahn for real, and make sure you check out what that is before you get any surprises.

I booked for it's location on the Reeperbahn, where it's very well placed and easy to find. I had a single room, which was modern and clean. Staff were very friendly and let me have an extremely late check-out (had a hangover) for a reasonable rate, which really saved my day. Wifi worked well. I didn't have breakfast or use any other facilities.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

We arrived at 22.30 in the hotel and the receptionist said the heating was broken, reassuring us that it would be fixed in the next 2 hours. We went out, came back later in the night and still there was no heating. We were cold during the night, woke up, tried to have a shower and there was no hot water and this was not even mentioned the night before. We immediately asked to be moved to another hotel and they moved us. We asked for the reimbursement of the first night and we did not receive it. I immediately called Booking who initiated the reimbursement procedure, but the hotel is still refusing to reimburse us. We will still get a partial reimbursement from Booking but I find it dishuman and disrespectful towards a human being to give him a room without cold water and not mentioning it! The worst experience of my numerous travels!

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

The heating didn't warm up the room very well. On my last day the shower stopped having warm water :(

Super clean, great staff. Nice location, very close to public transportation. Good if you like clubs and nightlife or don't mind a festive hood.

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016

The location is slap bang on the Reeperbahn, so if that's where you want to be it's perfect. I did not stay at the hotel as I was at work, I had paid in full the year before, my Mate still went and he took a friend. They both said the hotel was fine.

• Reviewed: 19 November 2016

Only thing I couldn't work was the shower but I reckon that was user error. It hasn't put me off staying there and rebooked for next year.

Right in the middle of the lively part of Hamburg. Hotel was lovely and clean near to both S1 and U3 lines so easy access to the airport. Loved the pictures on the walls and plug sockets next to the beds.

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

I wish there was an elevator, thankfully the manager helped me bring my luggage down when checking out. Lugging my stuff up the stairs after hours of traveling was tough!

It was small but perfect for single travelers

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

I only spent one night there so I have no complaints.

The hotel was conveniently located on Reeperbahn close to the UBahn and a short walk to Landungsbrücken (Harbour area). There are places to eat around. It was easy to get to the Barclaycard Arena where we went to see a concert.

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

Small room, noise from road, no elevator, no light on room, only on entrance-corridor, room was not ready until 17.30

Wifi, located close to U3 station

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

The price/quality was very bad. I paid EUR 286 for a room that was 2,5m wilde and 3,5m long. Bathroom included. The room is wordt at the most EUR 85,- When I spoken to the receptionist about it, he laughed. and gave me the bill.....

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

Tiny room, thin towels, bed was double but bedding was for two singles, noise from adjoining room TV was intrusive. Price was expensive but Hamburg was booked most everywhere else so market rate was higher than normal.

Clean, tidy, simple. Good shower.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

Very small room, uncomfortable pillows. I didn't mind but there is no elevator.

Brand new or just refurbished, cleen room. Our room faced backyard so it was silent. Very central in the St. Pauli district, well served by public transport, the city center is 15min on foot.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2016

The hotel had no central air system, and because it was so hot while we were in town, we had to leave the windows open every evening. Obviously, we knew it'd be noisy, but between the stifling heat + the Reeperbahn on a weekend, it was a VERY uncomfortable sleep. Additionally, the wifi kept dropping out which is extremely frustrating during a work trip.

Amazing location, staff were very hospitable.

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

rooms without aircondition - very narrow - not clean enough. very strong smell in the first floor. no elevator. no solution to nothing. reeperbahn is for the homeless

i cannot find any item :(

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

Nothing !

The hotel is newly refurbished and so every bring is clean, modern and super comfortable. The location is brilliant and transport into town is everywhere and easy to get to. Lovely staff and great artwork throughout

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

The hotel is located in a lively area which can be either a positive or a negative fact. The noise is enormous with lots of traffic, drunk people and loud (and often not so good) live music just below your window. I recommend this hotel only if you plan to live in the same rythm with Reeperbahn - meaning very late evenings and very late mornings. Otherwise the hotel is clean and the personell very friendly. Public transportation connections are also good: St. Pauli metro station is nearby and S1 tram comes to Reeperbahn station straight from the airport.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

Very good place for those who like to live among night clubs, table dances, discos, strips, sex shops, loud music. Also good place for those who like to spend summer days without even a fan.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

A little noisy from the street with band playing though I enjoyed it many might not. Wifi drops out but just ask the staff to reset it on your floor There is no lift but staff took my case up and down for me

For the price it was great value, I was at a conference so just neede a place to sleep Staff were great

• Reviewed: 7 July 2016

Tiny room in a dodgy area and hard to find

Comfy bed, moved here last minute as my happy with previous hotel, staff helpful and despite being tiny was still a nice room

• Reviewed: 7 July 2016

The room was very tiny, we could barely move in it. Okay for one night but still way too expensive. There were no elevators and no facilities in the "lobby".

Great location and atmosphere! Very cute and charming hotel, the staff was super friendly!

• Reviewed: 3 July 2016

Located a couple of buildings down from some live venues so didn't get to sleep before 1.30 each night which was frustrating. Underneath the bed was thick with dust and hair.

Nice little room with beds, stool, hanging space for clothes, TV and plenty of plug sockets. Shower was powerful and stayed hot.

• Reviewed: 26 June 2016

Room was very loud (well, it's Reeperbahn) and there's no elevator.

Everything was fine, reception desk is open 24/7, room awesome, bathroom clean and well equipped.

Homeless people on the Reeperbahn street

Clean room, good personnel

Pretty loud at night (but given the location I expected that).

Very very clean, I was impressed!

The insistence to pay before booking rather than on arrival.

Perfect location for business as it is downtown and great for nightlife.

Everything. The staff was kind and the room was super tidy and clean. Location is right at Reeperbahn. You can’t do any better for the money.

Perfect location, 5 minutes from train station and lively area. Room was clean and comfortable, the perfect room for two people.

Bathrooms are very small

Nice staff

Immaculately clean room. Staff really helpful.

Very clean. Good value for money

The bathroom was slightly small but it was clean!

This room was excellent from start to finish! Perfect for a weekend away in Hamburg!

Location, clean and tidy room with a comfortable bed.

No tea making facilities

Location was perfect

The breakfast

Clean and tidy with nice decor

traffic noise - but not as bad as in some other hotels on/near the Reeperbahn

great location, friendly staff

Rooms are a little small

No elevator. Very cramped rooms. Limited storage for bags in rooms.

Free wifi

Lage

Great location close to all reeperbahn

There is a club in ground floor and loud music until 3 am.

Fantastic value. Can't wait to go back.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

Really echoey could hear conversations in other rooms and corridors which always woke me up

Very easy to get to from airport

Browse Centro Hotel Keese traveller photo gallery