Reviews of Hotel Krone Aachen | City-Eurogress

Jülicher Str. 91a, 52070 Aachen, Germany

#37 of 41 hotels in Aachen

5.9

I like the location of the hotel, it is very close to city...

There is no Air condition, it can’t be sleeping in summer, it is very hot inside the room.

I like the location of the hotel, it is very close to city center.

The price by the room and the position by the 🏨 .

The room don't have airco and the douche ,and my room it was near the lift and I hear all the morning the engine by the lift !

The price by the room and the position by the 🏨 .

The, lack of aircon in a very hot period was a downer...we went and bought a big fan!!

There was no aircon

We stayed there for CHIO, and it was very convenient, the only negative was the lack of aircon as it was extremely hot! The breakfast was good and more importantly they had a car park on site!

A budget hotel in a very good location, great for a short stopover.

Great location, just 15-20 minutes stroll into Aachen’s old town centre, with plenty of eateries for all tastes and budgets. Friendly, helpful staff. Adequate facilities; small room, but comfortable. Small bathroom, but clean and perfectly acceptable standard for a budget hotel. The room at the back of the hotel was quiet. The parking under the hotel was excellent, very secure, but very tight, even for our small car. The car park can accommodate around six cars, but there is a public parking area 80 yards away.

The location was good, the room small but comfortable.

Room next to the elevator, so we heard the noise of the door. Also, the room had view to the street and it was really noisy. No air conditioning, and only had a window with a limited opening range.

The location was good, the room small but comfortable. The best thing of the room was definitely the bed, as it was super comfy

Worst stay since a long time

Very tiny room, the bed was so soft that when you sat down the ends werde going up. There was no Air Conditioner in the room, the door of the shower was defect, the bathroom itself was not even big enough to turn around. We booked a room with two singel beds and were given one double. The staff said, we fulfilled our contract - you can complain to booking. Crowning of all that the hallway was very smelly and some teenagers in the area turned their balcony into a karaoke club. In summary worst stay in a hotel since a very long time.

Decoration was nice and the room was comfy, just too cold for my liking.

Hallways stank of smoke and the room was really cold at night because the windows were thin.

The heat light in the toilet was nice, I think it was a replacement for no heater in the toilet.

Great pricing and location near centre and wellness

Friendly reception staff, Quick and clear, helpful. The breakfast staff was very kind too! The rooms are small, but you know that upfront as the square meters are mentioned! For us no problem at all. Cause in the end for the price you can't complain, plus who stays in the room all day? We went for shopping , which was close by , plus the Thermal bath (around the corner) for wellness. Extra handy was the private parking space, you need good driving skills, as it is small. But had no problems with it as well. Would book another time for sure! I liked the funny dog pictures on the wall ;) Room was very clean.

I had no time for breakfast and purchased "breakfast to...

I found the bed really uncomfortable. Mattress was very soft, the whole bed moved when I moved, it felt like a water bed. Pillows were not too comfortable either.

I had no time for breakfast and purchased "breakfast to go". Great deal for € 3.50 only.

Breakfast buffet, staff friendliness.

Too small bathroom and entrance corridor, welcome drink = opened, used half-full bottle of mineral water, unflushed rubbish in toilet, slower internet.

Breakfast buffet, staff friendliness.

we really had a good stay

no dislikes

Breakfast really good,lots of variety. the staff were really helpful especially helping us find our way round. the hotel is about 10 minute walk to the centre and if you feeling lazy there is a local bus.

Dont expect miracle.. it will not happen..

This hotel has its glossy days over. Long time ago.. First of all - you come to the room after check - in in the evening. The window is open - perfect idea, but not even in december :-(. The bathroom is incredibly small. If you want to use the toilet, so your knees are pushing to the wash- basin. The shower is small as in the airplane. To the noise - the noise isolation is very poor, so you can hear very clearly, if the elevator comes, if someone uses the toilet, .. if someone tells something to the phone - perfect cultural event. I definitely will not return.

Only positive point of this ho(s)tel is a very friendly staff. The room was clean. Hotel parking was full, but right behind the corner is a public parking for free, so no problem.

Clean in the room.

Pay atentin to the entrance (untll 23:00) otherwise have the key with you. Another guest can not enter if you go somewhere separately. Nice stuff! But the crazy neighbours made us mad!!!! At about 00:00, 01:00, 02:00 they talked and laughed so loud!!! We could not understand what room exactly!! We even tried to calm the down by knocking at the wall!! And we wanted sleep after and vefore a long way. Better there is 24h help in that cases. Because these guests bothered 2 floors!

Clean in the room. Breakfast with Champagne)) Good location. 15-20 min to the historical center by foot (direct way!)

- proximity to town center, Ludwig Forum & Carolus...

- too much noise during the night, linked to other people talking, laughing and poor sound insulation (gurgling sounds of falling water) - breakfast could have been a bit more varied / plentiful

- proximity to town center, Ludwig Forum & Carolus Thermen - friendly staff - quiet neighborhood - decent value for money - easy accessibility from motorway

The room was clean and the bed comfortable.

The bathroom was extremely small and couldn't fit properly. German pillows are a bit strange and the breakfast was a bit too expensive. Also, the insulation when other people are talking late at night is questionable but it is still bearable. The price was relatively expensive (50 €/night including discount) but for Aachen I guess it is acceptable, without this it wouldn't have the value for money.

The room was clean and the bed comfortable. Ideal for one-night stay. The staff was friendly and they helped me with my request (fridge, breakfast to go on specific time etc.). The room was renovated (except doors) and it was warm (you will appreciate it during winter). The location is 10 min walking straight to the center and you can't get lost.

Not this one

There was not a double bed as chosen during the booking but two single beds put together. These beds were not even so there was a bump in the middle. The beds were also not comfortable at all. The bathroom is way too small, considering the toilet is also inside. The gap between toilet and shower cabin is no more than 50 cms.

Aachen is a wonderful city and the hotel is at a wonderful location to reach the city center.

The rooms were clean, but very small. We had a standard double room with a double bed. But I had never seen such a small double bed before. It was maybe 1,40m or 1,50m wide. Not a lot of space for luggage. The direct view was urban, boring, nothing interesting. Good for one or 2 nigths, I would ont stay longer.

The hotel was in a 15 min walking distance to the center. The direct neighourhood has all kinds of small shops and food outlets and restaurants. Even on the corner there was a really big nice looking church. The staff was friendly and spoke clearly English. We skipped breakbfast , but the breakfast was an all you can eat for 8 Euro a person. Pretty good deal I'd say. But the price we paid was also fairly cheap, so we didn't complain.

The location of the hotel is great, everything is within...

I have a fear of spiders... as soon as I walked into the room there guess what was waiting for me? a spider lol. I also couldn't sleep due to loud music from the club nearby.

The location of the hotel is great, everything is within walking distance.

The room was not clean, the bathroom was specially dirty.

The room was not clean, the bathroom was specially dirty. The breakfast which is not included was very limited for the price given, next time I rather go to the bakery. The rooms are very small, I really don't know how this can be a 3 star hotel. Other than the price, I didn't like it. If you are in a budget it might be an option, but I will not consider staying here again.

Terrible, I would never stay there again

Firstly I asked for a quiet room, (of which I have no doubt it was the quietest due to the location), nevertheless, I was kept awake all night by the incessant banging of doors and other noise. In addition, the room was in a mess, the shower door was not closing properly, and shower holder was falling off of the wall, so it was a challenge to have a shower. The wardrobe was falling apart, the mattress must have been from the previous century as it was so soft it was almost like a hammock!

It is hard to find something positive to say about this hotel.

Not too far from the central if Aachen

The rooms are very small, when I booked the room via booking I requested the quite room but unfortunately they gave me the worsted one

Not too far from the central if Aachen

An old motel.

The WiFi is below terrible - during rush hours it reminded me my dial-up connection from the 90's, as even ordering a train ticket was next to impossible, not to mention a Skype call or a YouTube video. This problem persisted in both my laptop and my phone, in my room as well as in the lobby. The single room I've been in a stifling cell with no air conditioning. Sleeping with the window closed was like sleeping in a closed car, and opening it meant waking up from terrible street noise as early as 6:00AM. The lobby and the dining room are separated by a door from the elevator shaft and the stairs. This door is locked from 10:00PM to 07:00AM, and leaves you trapped in your room even without access to the vending machines. If you're looking for something to eat after lock-down, you're left to wander the shabby surrounding streets and settle for a third grade pizza. Overall, I'd put a few more bucks to stay in a decent hotel closer to the city center.

Decent breakfast, very clean.

Good value for money

Unfortunately, mattress was very soft, I could not sleep on it. Also I could hear the noise from the big street. The parking is limited for about 10 cars, we had to park on the street parking.

The receptionist was helpful and nice. Our room was big enough for us two, very clean and tidy (bathroom too) but I admit the bathroom was quite small. Excellent buffet breakfast and very nice lady who was responsible for it!

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

Very unpalatable experience.

the unwillingness of the hotel staff to help when i locked my key in the i slept outside overnight simply because no staff is willing to come open my door for me.

Conveniently located

Never again! Need my money back!

This Hotel is a disgrace! - Parking garage is just 6 spots. - Bar is non-existent. Just a vending machine with a couple of items. After 4 beers, the Bitburger was gone. - Rooms are tiny. - No personnel on site after 11PM. At 11.10PM my bedlight caused a blown fuse, which took out ALL power and lighting in the room. Called the reception, which wasn't manned anymore. Was patched to an emergency number. Told them we had no power in the room anymore, no lights and we wanted a solution, because going to the bathroom without light is a challenge. No solution was provided, they simply told the first possibility was at 7AM!!! And off course at 7AM nobody came to the rescue. When we left the room at 8AM, still no solution. When we complained about this terrible stay at the reception, they only had a notice a light was broken! They offered a free breakfast as compensation, we declined. We had booked this hotel without breakfast for a reason and the whole experience was so dismal, we wanted to leave as soon as possible. More than a week ago, I emailed them about my terrible stay, they never responded! Paid 75€ for a stay with a hotel that looked pretty good on booking.com. Never had a worse hotel in my life. Even the Hostals on Ibiza I have stayed with, were 10x better than this place. Next to that, the 75€ reservation on my creditcard still hasn't been lifted more than a week after my stay!

Room was clean, but that was all......

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

Make it a 10€/night Hostel and the price is right.

The Matrace of the bed belongs into a museum, not into a hotel. Worst night's sleep ever. An i am in Hotels a lot. Parking is too tight for a car above Mini and has only a few spots. I had to search for external parking for quite a while and then carry all my luggage for a 10min walk. Staff is trained to be friendly but painfully slow. Breakfast didn't look very fresh so i opted out in the morning.

The lobby looks nice.

Walking distance to city center;

Too soft bed; two mattresses in double-bed were drifting apart while sleeping; noisy ventilation system in bathroom

Walking distance to city center; quite room to back of hotel

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

Very disappointing

The bathroom was very, very small and had electrical sockets hanging lose from their fixtures. The mattresses on the beds must have been at least 20 years old, when you sat on the bed you sink to the base plate and both my partner and I woke with back ache. The "on-site" parking was 8 spaces in the smallest possible area, which is a big problem if you drive to the hotel as it is located on a busy road. This makes carrying heavy bags from the nearest public parking space the only option.

• Reviewed: 2 April 2017

wouldnt recommend at all.

The parking was full even though we booked parking ahead of time. The hotels phone dosnt work so you cant call them, and they didnt bother responding to my email, when I got there they told me that its an issue at the telecom company. It isn't in the best part of town. Their mattress have the consistency of jelly. the lift makes a clunk every time it goes up and down which you can hear from the room on the top floor. The lift dosnt go up all the way. dont go by the pictures, although they are genuine pictures, the hotel isnt very nice att all, more like a motel than a hotel if you ask me. our room smelled like stale smoke and the towels didnt smell very fresh at all.

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

Room for sightseeing, not to spend much time!

The bed was too soft! Almost broke my back in half... The room and especially the bathroom were a little bit too small although enough for service.

Not very expensive.👍 To sleep during the night it's enough.😐

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

Good stay near Carolus Thermen

The hall and the room in general are quite small. No bottle opener in the room. Two separate beds next to each other instead of proper queen size bed.

Helpful and flexible staff, everything clean. Amenities OK. Location very convenient for visit of Carolus Thermen, the hotel has a private garage. Good value for money

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

The purpose of this hotel was to have access to the Carolus Spa, it suited this purpose only.

One of the female reception staff members was not very welcoming of happy. The area didn't feel very peaceful.

Good selection for breakfast of non vegan/healthy. Comfortable beds.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

good breakfast, but I had to pay extra

was very noisy in the hall and I woke up twice e during the night the man at the reception very unfriendly and he barely said 2 words (strange for a person working at the reception)

good breakfast, but I had to pay extra

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

Not recommended

Very(!) small room - actually only a bed, with a very small bathroom - and we we're with a small kid. Not at all like on the photos. Expensive parking place (parking on the street is free during the night). The hotel wanted to charge me for locking the key inside the room.

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

Small, but had everything I required. Good value for money.

Wish the bathroom was larger; but other than that cannot complain.

Small hotel, had everything that I required. It was quite quiet and in a good location.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

Clean hotel, friendly staff, quite satisfying room space

I booked this hotel because car parking was mentioned in the advertisement. However, when we arrived there there was no parking spot for us o we had to leave the car in a public parking. The next morning very early in the morning the hotel stuff start knocking our room door in case our car was in the parking because there was another car blocking the entrance.

• Reviewed: 9 December 2016

Room was small.

Room was small. Walls are very thin, you can hear people in other rooms walking, coughing, snoring, etc. However, the room was well appointed and comfortable. Breakfast was also very nice.

• Reviewed: 2 December 2016

A good range and choice of food for the breakfast.

Hot water was very Luke warm in the morning at 06:30. The scrambled egg was cold. No room left to park my car when I arrived at about 21:00

A good range and choice of food for the breakfast. Reception staff were very pleasant. Free WiFi.

• Reviewed: 24 November 2016

Conveniently located with friendly staff

Comfortable pillows, but very hard mattresses. Cleaning was bad, hairs left from the last guest in the shower.

Cheap and with a very convenient location close to the city centre. Friendly staff, speaks good English.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

Great stopover on our way home.

\for the price, location and helpful staff. Nothing much could be improved.

The hotel was another 5 mins walk further from the old town than hotels at twice the price. Hotel parking was a bonus for only 6 Euros and very secure. Buffet breakfast was exellent and available from 6.30 am, helpful if you want an early start. Our room was compact but very clean and with every facility for our overnight stay. Free WiFi was much appreciated.

very kind and helpful staff

very kind and helpful staff

Centrum was om de hoek.

Centrum was om de hoek.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Hot

No air conditioning in room, internet was sporadic. Very small parking lot

front end staff and breakfast staff were awesome

Very close to EUROGRESS.

Need to pass a bit uncomfortable district from city center.

Very close to EUROGRESS. Room was clean.

Even the rooms are quite small, it' s OK

Small parking area

Nice and helpful staff

Great value for the paid money !

Great value for the paid money ! Friendly staff. Alles gut with Krone Hotel! :) I will go again next time when I pass Aachen.

Location is good;

Breakfast could be better.

Location is good; staff is helpful. However, I would recommend bringing earplugs with you.

Pictures dont correspond

Pictures dont correspond with the reality. Lobby nice, room small, next to elevator. Loud

Lobby

Location is closed to spa

Bed

Location is closed to spa

Was clean but small

I don’t like the hotel take a deposit of 50€ Of my bank accounts and have to wait for a week to receive it again

breakfast was good with 8,50 euro all you can eat.

wifi did not work at room and toilet was very small

breakfast was good with 8,50 euro all you can eat. Room was also clean.

Good staff, bad location

Location, small parking which is not included in price

Free fruits, good staff

I did not like the small rooms and the thin walls. We could hear the street noise and other guests talking in their rooms.

Clean room

Tiny and thin walls

Clean room

In the city centre, all in walking distance.

Shower head was defective.. should have been renewed a while back.

Room was clean and nice.

Our room was close to the elevator, it was quite noisy. The bathroom was extremely tiny.

Room was clean and nice.

The curtains in the room on top did not close.

The curtains in the room on top did not close.

One of the cleanest hotels I ever seen.

Walls were little bit slim, if u know what I mean

One of the cleanest hotels I ever seen.

The room is clean.

The room is clean.

The place was quiet, the bedroom had an extra door which...

The common area was a bit smelly sometimes...

The place was quiet, the bedroom had an extra door which made it very isolated from noises outside.

Hotel Aachan - one to avoid

Rooms very small. Sound proofing lacking. Bed very soft. Bathroom tiny.

Ok

Ok for a night

It was a bit on the small side. If you are tall or large you might not fit in the shower. And the single bed was really single...

It was a clean place

The room is cozy and modern.

The room is small

The room is cozy and modern. Window view is good. Staff is nice.

For me was second time when i was there.

For me was second time when i was there. Very friendly personnel. Good relationship with them.

The WiFi is not good.

The WiFi is not good. The mattress is atoo soft....

Ligging t.

Bed

Ligging t.o.v. centrum

Sauna in Aachen

small shower room.

Spacious and quite room. Close to a Supermarket, Spa and Bus stop. But little far from the cental train station and city center.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

Aachen Story

The car park was very difficult to manoeuvre.

Breakfast choice was very good.

OK for 1 night

Matrass of the bed was réally bad. Very soft..

Friendly staff Clean Good shower

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

the hotel is so nice, only the wifi is not good

the hotel is so nice, only the wifi is not good.

good location, quiet rooms at the back, clean, room was...

beds were too small and too soft

good location, quiet rooms at the back, clean, room was small but with good facilities

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

also no wi fi

also no wi fi

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

Goed

The room is to small than in the photo or information .

Personeel was vriendelijk