View vacation packages to

2. Germany hotel reviews
  3. Bavaria hotel reviews
  4. Nuremberg hotel reviews
  5. Reviews of Sheraton Carlton Nuernberg

Reviews of Sheraton Carlton Nuernberg This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Eilgutstraße 15, Mitte, 90443 Nuremberg, Germany

#27 of 122 hotels in Nuremberg

Verified guest reviews from real Bookers

Real Bookers. Real stays. Real opinions.

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: July 21, 2019

A quality hotel close to the old city sites

Which is only one night and we were not impressed by anything negative.

Spacious, clean, cozy and air-conditioned room. Breakfast was varied and very good, the restaurant staff provided a response to every request and was courteous. The hotel's off-road parking is very convenient. The location of the hotel is very convenient to visit all the sites of the old city.

Stayed in July 2019

• Reviewed: July 11, 2019

The air conditioning wasn’t functioning in neither one of...

The air conditioning wasn’t functioning in neither one of the rooms they gave us. There were 37 degrees outside and we got sick in the room because of the heat.

• Reviewed: June 26, 2019

Very clean.
    • Classic Double Room

We were blocked in the parking garage for a considerable amount of time. When checking out we had some difficulty with a receptionist. Breakfast was incredibly expensive.

Very clean. Great location. Great amenities.

• Reviewed: June 2, 2019

Otherwise we had good stay.
    • Executive King Room

when we checked in staff did not tell that we have breakfast included. I asked directly about the breakfast if it is free.i was told not free. We booked club level and I new the breakfast supposed be free.

breakfast was very good and location was also very good.

• Reviewed: May 12, 2019

Excellent good old day's 5 stars hotel.

One side of the bed doesn't have electrical sockets, it is rather unacceptable in today's standard when everyone got a cellphone to charge.

A good old day's 5 stars hotel, all the hospitalities meet the finest standard. Concierge staff is friendly and helpful, everyone work there make you feel friendly. Plus very nice buffet breakfast.

Stayed in May 2019

• Reviewed: April 27, 2019

Really enjoyable weekend thanks to Sheraton Carlton Nurnberg

The room view: basically this hotel offers nice views only in the top (8&9) floors where the lounge and spa are found. My 6th floor room looked at back walls of neighbor hotels. Bartender : First week on the job?

all staff were super nice and accomodating (exception lobby bar-see comment above) .

• Reviewed: April 3, 2019

A relaxing stay 😎
    • Classic Double Room

A lovely and relaxing stay in a fabulous hotel. Friendly staff. A big and clean bedroom with a comfy bed. And a superb sauna and spa area upstairs. Railway stn and shops a 2 min walk away 😎

• Reviewed: March 21, 2019

Excellent location with great staff

Only a few minor issues. There was limited tea/coffee in the room which meant you could only make two cups, and the tea was then not replenished the next day. The pillows were too soft and didn't offer enough support for me, but that's a personal opinion. We asked to leave our bags behind Reception for the last day due to a late flight, which wasn't an issue at first but become a slight issue when trying to collect and then leave behind again - as staff took our tickets but never issued new ones, although we were told not to worry and it wouldn't be an issue. Then when trying to collect the bags again with no tickets there was a lot of confusion and hesitation in being able to collect the bags.

Excellent location, the main station is no more than 1 minute walk and the old town is around 5 minutes away. The hotel staff were excellent and all spoke very good English

• Reviewed: March 17, 2019

1. Spa area is great!

1. Spa area is great! We really enjoyed our evening in swimming pool areas and saunas. Great for a cosy evening 2. We also used fitness center, there is not so much place. i would say it is ok for two but if someone else wants to do weight lifting should wait. There are few cardio facilities. 3. Breakfast: the choice is ok, tasty coffee. For breakfast: bread, salmon, eggs, different sorts of cheese, meat. What i really liked - small wafles :) 4. Comfort. Beds and pillows were great! We enjoyed our stay!

• Reviewed: January 11, 2019

Suite was very comfortable and location very good.

Bar downstairs could be better. No one in afternoon could make us a drink. The person serving didn’t know much about wine. Would expect better for Sheraton. No atmosphere. Breakfast could have more variety. Not as good as Kempinski Hotels. Not the best value for money hotel.

Suite was very comfortable and location very good. Club lounge good.

Stayed in January 2019

• Reviewed: January 2, 2019

Will be back
    • Classic Double Room

The sound from the trains.

Although it is not in the centre, you can reach it very easily. Breakfast was good and varied and started at 6.30 . We were upgraded to an executive room.

Stayed in January 2019

• Reviewed: December 31, 2018

The room is big, nice breakfast, location is very good is...
    • Classic Double Room

The guy when we checked in asked us if we really wanted a double bed.. I assume he wouldn’t have asked that to a man and woman, very passive aggressive homophobic. I felt a little bit over-served at breakfast, you didn’t have time to finish your croissant that they would have taken away your plate while you were still chewing. Overall the room was big but the decor and the attention to details not up to a 5-star standard

The room is big, nice breakfast, location is very good is you are coming from the station. Nice facilities

• Reviewed: December 30, 2018

Location location

Well appointed hotel. Very spacious. Great pool and spa area. It was perfect for us being close to the train and old city. Visited the famous xmas markets. Staff helped me with some business documents. Excellent breakfast with freshly cooked omelet.

• Reviewed: December 30, 2018

Excellent location and very comfortable
    • Classic Double Room

The proximity to the station. The comfortable bed and large bathroom. We were only there for the night so didn't have time to use the swimming pool but it looked very inviting. There is a terrific Italian restaurant across the street.

• Reviewed: December 27, 2018

Excellently located near train station and old town.

Nothing. Was a great hotel

Excellently located near train station and old town. Facilities were superb and indoor pools and saunas overlooking city were impeccable. Staff friendly and accomodating. Would stay at again

• Reviewed: December 10, 2018

I was overturned for reservation.

I was overturned for reservation. 15:00 I booked for check-in, I do not know how long to wait for a room can not be prepared. Normal check-in is from 17:00 I have not finished cleaning yet, so I do not know how long it takes to finish, but I keep luggage, so I suggest you to do sightseeing (outside is cold, rain wind is strong) It is better not to promise what you can not do at the time of booking. In fact it was possible to check in after waiting for about 20 minutes, but it is doubtful that the same room is in the same grade.

• Reviewed: December 9, 2018

We have stayed before and always thoroughly enjoy our stays!

Nothing really, but, although the now dated shower functioned, a modern overbath shower would be nice at some point.

The Sheraton Carlton Nuernberg is an excellent hotel with friendly and accomodating staff. (Fresh milk and English tea bags provided when asked!). Breakfast is amazing and so much choice. It absoloutely ideal for the main railway station (3 minutes walk) and for visiting the old city and Christkindle Market

• Reviewed: November 1, 2018

Have stayed at old Carlton many times it was good to return. Very impressed with refurbishment.

Door keys were sometimes a problem - opening.

Central. Lovely refurbished hotel. Food excellent. Rooms roomy. Staff lovely. Facilities excellent.

• Reviewed: October 24, 2018

Ups and downs

The cockroach in the bathroom was the most terrible thing. Very surprised staff when reported. They changed our room, but didn't help us move the luggage, and the new room was without a view and a lot more rundown then the initial. The breakfast is lacking significantly in the cakes and pastries section - just a few plain mini-croissants and some dry off-the-shelf mini muffins - very disappointing for Germany. The pool/sauna area needs a couple of essential ammenities - a source of drinks (water/tea/juice), especially in the relaxation area, and a small centrifuge for drying off swimwear.

The hot breakfast was very good - eggs cooked on the spot (omelette, scrambled, poached), and pre-cooked meat and veggie sides. A good selection of meats, fish, cheeses and vegetables, and freshly baked bread, rolls and pretzels. The pool and jacuzzi are very good, even though a bit small - love that the pool area does not have a strong chlorine smell. The two saunas (60C and 90C) are enjoyable, with a nice fragrance, and an even nicer view of the old town. The steam room can get choky at times, perhaps it needs better ventilation and some fragrance. The location is great for exploring the old town on foot, and for catching trains to nearby places. Beware of the dodgy station area during evenings and nights, though.

• Reviewed: October 23, 2018

Spoiled what was a good weekend break.

We booked a taxi for our departure to the airport via reception when we went down in the morning to confirm this was ok we were told the taxi had been booked, the taxi did not turn up making us 40 minutes late for the airport, on several occasions we asked reception what was happening and we were repeatedly told one was coming, one did eventually turn up but not for us, we had to rush through the airport due to a very busy period of security checks almost missing our flight home this placed a lot of stress on my partner especially when we were trying to relax for a few days.

• Reviewed: October 1, 2018

Friendly and professional staff.

Too close to the railway staition. Some rooms have train view. Will be useful if hotel provides range of recommended restaurants for their guests.

Friendly and professional staff. Big outside and underground parking. Nice breakfast. Big rooms. Close to the city center and restaurants.

• Reviewed: September 18, 2018

The Place To Stay In Nuremberg!!!!

Nothing, absolutely nothing, to write here!!

The supremely friendly and cooperative staff, and here I must specially mention Mr. Ahmed Something at the Reception Desk, who made you feel welcome and comfortable from the word go!! He is the perfect prototype of a Front Desk Manager, and this hotel should feel proud to have him!! The breakfast was fabulously good, though one had to pay extra for it, and exactly the same one can say for the Car Parking Facility!! The rooms were large and spacious, very well furnished, and not lacking in any way imaginable. The cleanliness was exemplary and overall it was a perfect experience!!

• Reviewed: September 12, 2018

ROOFTOP POOL

expensive car parking and views from the room to the garbish dump of the neighboring Maritim Hotel :-(

Breakfast choice was great, rooms spacious, the rooftop indoor pools with stunning views over the city centre are awesome!! SPA and Sauna on the rooftop incredible! Parking available, but costly! we will definitely come back!

• Reviewed: August 31, 2018

Quiet hotel in a good location

Very noisy railway lines to the rear of the hotel. Not much in the way of complimentary snacks in the bar...I had a very expensive cocktail and some olives or crisps would have been appreciated:)

Comfortable beds and good climate control. Mini bar was well stocked. Most of the staff were very friendly and spoke a good standard of english. There is a very nice restaurant opposite the entrance to hotel.

• Reviewed: August 21, 2018

Excellent stay in central Nuremberg.

All good.

Lovely 9th floor swimming pool, spa and fitness centre with panoramic views over Nuremberg. Railway buffs such as my husband will be thrilled by views of railway station and locomotives. Only a few minutes walk to pedestrianised centre. Free parking. Champagne breakfast included. Good value. Friendly service.

• Reviewed: August 1, 2018

Amazing hotel to stay in ..

I booked the first night separated than the 2nd day but both of them were with breakfast.. but they charged me for extra amount of money for that ..the parking is not available most of the time

The location ..the service ..yhe staff. .the food .. I came with my old parents who were sick and needed special facilities and they kindly afford it for us ..they were very helpful

• Reviewed: July 24, 2018

Very convenient location to city center.
    • Executive King Room

The spa services were poor and did not meet my expectations. Would not recommend others to use the spa for massages.

Very convenient location to city center. We enjoyed using the hotel's saunas and pool.

• Reviewed: June 13, 2018

Great location just outside the old city, but the best part...

Great location just outside the old city, but the best part was the newly renovated spa area. Wish I had been able to spend some more time to enjoy the facilities.

• Reviewed: May 21, 2018

Superior hotel with excellent location.

Everything was above average.

Modern, clean, excellent facilities. Superb dining room with delicious food and piano music. Helpful front desk. Well managed hotel.

• Reviewed: May 21, 2018

Great place to stay in Nurnberg.

The Hotel is located right in the heart of the city and next to the train station. The staff was amazing. I had a work related issue that I needed assistance with and they went out if their way to accommodate and assist me. I will definitely stay here again on my next visit. Ken

• Reviewed: March 9, 2018

Overall great, will go again!

Not saying I didn't like the food in the restaurant, but the limited options in the restaurant made it hard to keep me interested in going there.

I had an amazing stay. Staff is very nice and organized an extended checkout. Beds are comfy, rooms are clean, bathrooms are nice. The quality of the Wi-Fi and Internet was superb.

• Reviewed: December 15, 2017

I didn't like the fact that nowhere was I made aware...

I didn't like the fact that nowhere was I made aware that the spa facility was out of order until I arrived and was informed at which time I had no choice but to pay and stay for the two nights. Also the room I stayed I was directly below the works being done and resulted in drilling at 7 am banging and drilling then throughout the duration of the stay all day long which was disruptive.

• Reviewed: December 11, 2017

took the executive king room it was really spacious-had 2...
    • Executive King Room

Felt the tea and coffee facilities were a little sparse-only 2 milks and 2 sugars were provided with the tea and coffee. very presumptive that everyone only needs so few. also no sofa in the room. Despite ISDN, ethernet and other connections (which who really uses these days?), there was no USB connections for charging. And finally, i liked the breakfast but the breakfast room felt very claustrophobic considering the size of the rest of the hotel-there was lots of people getting in the way of each other

took the executive king room it was really spacious-had 2 sections one for the bed with a divider for the dining. equally nice and large bathroom with his & hers sink and separate bath and shower. also extremely close to the railway which has direct 15min connection to airport so no need to take a taxi

• Reviewed: December 10, 2017

We will NOT be returning to this extortionate hotel

No coffee machine in bedroom, only kettle and INSTANT coffee, only ONE bathrobe, no slippers at all, breakfast not included, I asked for a quiet room and they gave us a room right next to lift, utterly overpriced!!!! Bath blocked and leaking showerscreen. Appalling for a supposed five star hotel.

Breakfast and good location

• Reviewed: November 1, 2017

Usually this is my hotel when i am in NUE, for sure, i will come back again!

breakfast was bit out of my expectation

When I arrived at the hotel was Sunday and i was on the road for more than 2 weeks, and i need laundry service, the receptionist helped me a lot, thanks to him!

• Reviewed: September 26, 2017

Supremely comfortable and perfectly located

The restaurant and cost of drinks at the bar were a bit pricey, given the many local alternatives.

Location was perfect: a short walk from the central rail station, and within walking distance of the Old Town. The hotel facilities were extremely comfortable, and staff were helpful and smiling. They are currently completely replacing the spa area (pool, gym, sauna, etc) on the top floor, are 75% through to completion, and this wasn't an inconvenience at all. Nevertheless, the amount of external scaffolding around the hotel may deter some, despite not materially interfering with the comfort of their stay in any way.

• Reviewed: August 23, 2017

When we booked this hotel, we knew they were undergoing...

When we booked this hotel, we knew they were undergoing renovations, but we just needed to stay one night. When we arrived, the gentleman at reception was so welcoming and concerned w/our comfort, since we had just finished a series of 24-hour flights to get there, that he put us in the quietest room possible. I would definitely go back to this hotel, once they finished their renovations. The level of English spoken was exceptional. Overall, a great hotel!!

• Reviewed: August 22, 2017

Nice hotel but wrong info from your side.

No info on your website that SPA is closed since several month for renovation. When we did the search for a hotel we put in SPA and park garage. Sheraton was on the top, when we checked in we were informed that the SPA is closed. Actually the hotel is under renovation. So your info is wrong. Disappointed!

• Reviewed: August 1, 2017

A nice stay but doesn't worth the price

The sauna and the pool were closed, and that info wasn't provided neither from Booking or the Hotel itself, not even at its website. That was really not nice. They offered the spa from a hotel that was almost 10 minutes walking from there, which made really no sense. They didn't even have the info by the reception at the main entrance and the recepcionists said nothing about it during the check in process, we were aware of it when we reached the elevator, where they had a note explaining that they were adding an extra floor to the building so the spa and the terraze were out of order. I should add as well that the room wasn't the cleaniest, with a REALLY DIRTY glass in the minibar and also under the bed was disgusting to look.

The room was pretty nice, with a big bathtube and huge bed. Breakfast was alright but I don't think it fits an standar 5 stars Hotel, as it was quite simple for the price that was charged. Altough everyone in breakfast, both service and kitchen were really polite and professional.

• Reviewed: July 13, 2019

All staff was friendly parking also easy room service is...
    • Superior Twin Room

All staff was friendly parking also easy room service is excellent

Stayed in July 2019

• Reviewed: June 24, 2019

Good all round

Nil

Good all round

• Reviewed: June 21, 2019

We liked everything; excellent location, fitness room with swimming pool, excellent breakfast

We liked everything

We asked for an off street room, so this affected the view, but understandable

• Reviewed: June 18, 2019

excellent
    • Classic Double Room

comfort, proximity to City just 300/400 metres and you are in the city centre, friendly staff

• Reviewed: June 2, 2019

Very personal service from the staff, always pleased to give you a marvellous stay at the hotel. The swimming pool at th
    • Classic Double Room

Personal service from the staff.

• Reviewed: May 19, 2019

Good choice
    • Classic Double Room

Everything was fine; the hotel is not super central but it was near the train station, which was what we wanted

Good experience overall

• Reviewed: May 1, 2019

The room was excellent and the staff extremely helpful

Not enough tea bags

The room was excellent and the staff extremely helpful

• Reviewed: April 28, 2019

The bed was soooooo dirty!!!
    • Classic Double Room

the bed was so dirty,that make our whole body tickle

very bad!

• Reviewed: April 21, 2019

Excellent room and bathroom.
    • Classic Double Room

Excellent room and bathroom.Excellent breakfast. good location and easy parking

• Reviewed: April 20, 2019

Excellent facilities
    • Superior Twin Room

Excellent facilities

• Reviewed: April 12, 2019

Great one night stop at a comfortable hotel with easy access to the old town. Breakfast is a must!

Great breakfast, very friendly and professional staff! We received a complementary upgrade to a larger room. Thank you!

• Reviewed: March 16, 2019

Perfect
    • Classic Double Room

Kathleena at the front desk was spectacular. Witty and personable. Helped us with dinner reservation and was outstanding in her service

• Reviewed: February 23, 2019

Reception and stuff

Breakfast and stuff

• Reviewed: December 19, 2018

Great location and stay

Location and staff. Size of the room was also good

• Reviewed: December 8, 2018

The room was very clean and spacious.
    • Classic Double Room

The room was very clean and spacious. Very comfortable and had a great range of amenities.

• Reviewed: December 6, 2018

Everything except food

Food

Everything except food

• Reviewed: November 26, 2018

• Reviewed: November 5, 2018

Nice large rooms, close to everything.

Checking in could been faster

Very large room. Very close to Hauptbahnhof.

• Reviewed: November 5, 2018

Large room

Large room

• Reviewed: November 4, 2018

Good value for money

It situated next to the railways, so be careful when choose the room

Nice place to stay for couple of days

• Reviewed: October 20, 2018

Amazing staff and amenities only steps from the train...

n/a

Amazing staff and amenities only steps from the train station and very close to old town. The breakfast is delicious.

• Reviewed: October 10, 2018

comfortable stay and great staff

breakfast could include more options

comfortable stay and great staff

• Reviewed: October 9, 2018

Location Staff & facilites

Fuittness center not contain apples & enough drinking water

Location Staff & facilites

• Reviewed: September 25, 2018

The room is very big and clean.

The pool is too small.

The room is very big and clean.

• Reviewed: September 8, 2018

Location staff the specious room

Location staff the specious room

• Reviewed: August 20, 2018

Nothing for us.

Great location to the old city of Nurnberg, & a short walk to the main station.

• Reviewed: August 14, 2018

Excellent staff
    • Executive King Room

The pillows are awful otherwise was great stay

Great staff, excellent location, clean.

• Reviewed: August 14, 2018

Good value for money

Elevator waiting time is very long, and also hotel staff uses same elevators

Staff, breakfast

• Reviewed: August 4, 2018

The fawcett on the tub didn't work, so I was unable to...

The fawcett on the tub didn't work, so I was unable to use the shower.

• Reviewed: July 30, 2018

Great location!

The mattress was very uncomfortable and the climate control didn’t work well.

Great location! It was close to the train station and the city center.

• Reviewed: July 26, 2018

Best location in Nurnberg.

Excelent breakfast. Staff very nice. Very good parking facilities. Good spa