Reviews of Hotel Carmer 16 This is the official star rating given to the property by an independent third party - the Hotelstars Union. The property is compared to the industry standard and scored based on price, facilities and services offered. Use the star rating to help choose your stay!

Carmerstr. 16, Charlottenburg-Wilmersdorf, 10623 Berlin, Germany

#241 of 579 hotels in Berlin

The wifi didn't work and the stuff was'nt able to help me. When going for business for a few days then it's not possible to stay and work in these kind of facilities. Very bad!

They have wifi connection but it doesn’t work very well.

The room is bug and clean. The staff doesn’t know how to talk english very well, but they are helpful and really try to understand you.

The internet was not working which is a terrible thing as one cannot conduct one's affairs in this day and age where there is no internet. Also the safe in my room was not working - this is also a terribel inconvenience.

The hotel is in a good location and the staff are very friendly and nice. The rooms are good.

WiFi only available on first floor and hotel lobby.

Perfect location to start any trip in and around Berlin. Good restaurants only 3 minute walk away on Savigny Platz.

• Standard Quadruple Room

It didnt match the photos at all. None of the staff could speak English. No parking! Bad breakfast. The lift stopped in middle of the floors so we had to carry our luggages. Our room smelled awful. There was no ventilation. We experienced the worst hotel ever

Didn’t like how it was advertising a sauna n beauty treatments (even in the lift photos of treatments etc) non of these are available at all!! No WiFi (only in the reception area) Their was still renovating going on around the some room. Key fob for the door was fine just openings after it turned green, not easy to open. To check out was only in cash or with MasterCard which we didn’t have cash and apparently the Visa card machine wasn’t working (so paying more in pounds due to exchange rates taking euros out. Very poor for money (2 nights for two €125)

The only thing good was that it was close to the Centre..

The hotel is good one, but it could be the great one if they made renovation in rooms. But still it's good good value for asking price.

Good location. Staff is very friendly and helpful! Very large rooms

No internet!!!

The hotel was centrally placed and quite clean. The room was big and the bed quite comfortable. However there was no wi-fi! Noted that if you scroll down on the amenities no internet is mentioned, but it did not even occur to me to even look - taking it for granted. So if you intend to get any work done, it will be impossible to. Otherwise, quite a nice hotel.

Nice neigbourhood, central to Berlin city. Hotel is clean and being in an old building it has a character on its own. Staff is friendly, breakfast is great, rooms are clean and well maintained. Good hotel for a city trip, being out all day.

• Standard Single Room

There is no wi-fi in the rooms, however it's stated on a website it is. It's absolutely bad for any business. Breakfast is very light. The rooms smells as any room in an very old old house.

Nice location. Fine staff.

They are not cleaning the rooms everyday. Towels were not changed even if we put them on the floor. Breakfast could be better.

The location is good & very quiet.

I didn't like two very specific items: 1) It is necessary to use a staircase (11 steps) to reach the rooms floor. When we arrived, the staff couldn' t help us carry our heavy suitcases. 2) The staff didn't receive a package for us although we had asked them to do so. It was sent back to the sender.

The hotel was nice, in a nice location, with a nice staff most of the time.

I think there should have been a free breakfast with that price. The price felt a little high compared to the facilities.

The hotel is in a quiet place and feels safe. I was traveling with my parents so it was perfect for me.

A bit noisy (the doors are not 100% sound-proof) and there is no stop of the elevator on the 1st floor, as it is an old house (might be a bit hard with the heavy suitcase, otherwise one just needs to walk up/down about 10 stairs - not a big deal). All the rest was very good.

The staff working at the reception was excellent. The music playing in the background (it was a jazz music) was excellent.The hotel has its own soul, I would say, and for me, it was kind of travel back in time. Really liked it.

Very kind and helpfull staff. Big and clean room with very nice bathroom. So beatuful location and neighbourhood. East to reach by S-bahn, U-bahn or bus.

Was frightened from the entry at the night door because I'm bad with keys but I never got back so late that the main entrance was closed.

The staff was so very helpful explaining the transit system and how to get where I needed to go.

Everything was really good.

The staff are amazing! Benny in particular went really out of his way to help us. Due to transport problems we arrived at Schoenenfeld Airport 5 minutes after check in had closed for our return flight and were not allowed to board. We went straight back to hotel Carmer where Benny was so helpful at booking us back in for an extra nights stay. Throughout our 6 night stay the hotel staff were very friendly and helpful and extremely interesting to talk to and were always happy to talk to the guests. We loved the hotel and would highly recommend it to anyone thinking of staying in Berlin. I would also say the breakfasts are excellent too.

THE KEY/LOCK to your room is ridiculously hard if you don't have a phd in crazy locks be prepared to be frustrated.

The staff was fabulous!!!! The room was amazing with the balcony on the quiet berlin street amazing!!! My nephews take German in school so I asked the front desk person if he would write a little something on a post card and he took the time to write a thoughtful interesting note to my boys!! Such wonderful people!!

Weird door locks. Took some time to understand how to use them. Elevator oddly accessible, with the need of climbing up or down half a stairs to get to the room floors.

Large high rooms (at least mine), with lots of space.

The wifi didn't really work at all for the three days I was there. Occasionally I got a weak signal, but that was rare enough. I was there on business so needless to say this was annoying.

Hotel is situated in a really nice area, close to Savignyplatz and the Zoo bhf, so good access to airport, and lots to do in the area. The bed was very comfortable.

• Comfort Double Room

-No air conditioning, making it impossible to stay in the room, especially during early mornings when the sunlight directly hits the room, making it like a sauna. Keep away during summer months. -Slow wifi -We explicitly told reception to not have housekeeping service throughout the stay. This was only obeyed for 3 out of the 4 nights. Expect more from a '4 star' hotel -Had an additional guest stay over in a double room on the 2nd-4th night. Asked reception at the time of the guest's arrival if this was ok given our room number and type, and the reception said no problem, and no additional charges. Upon checkout, the hotel charged extra for 4 nights instead of 3, instead of nothing as earlier communicated. Due to anger, and just wanting to get away from this hot room, 4 nights extra was paid. Later, we emailed them with the details that they wrongly charged us one additional night, they said it was our fault we accepted this at the beginning and said that WE TRIED TO HIDE and only BY CHANCE (their words!) that they found out about the guest even though we approached the reception! How can you just lie and say we did not come and tell the reception when we did? Money is not the problem, communication is. Guest blaming for a mere 10 EUR is preposterous. I hope noone else can be mistreated like this. I don't understand how it can be regarded as 4 stars at all.

Was able to check in early

• Comfort Double Room

Just one small thing, the strange keys to the rooms, very fiddly...

What a great little hotel! A real gem in a pleasant leafy street close to Savignyplatz. Easy to reach the Ku'damm, KaDeWe, Wilhelm church, several S and U-bahn stations, shops, bars and some very good restaurants. A real added bonus is the gentleman on the front desk, what a nice chap! He made me and my wife feel very welcome. Will definitely return.

• Comfort Double Room

They have a strange key at the door which is complicated for use. The breakfast was for extra charge, and was average. Poor WiFi.

The stuff was very helpful. The room was big.

No shutter, but just light curtains, far from being sufficient to protect you from the light. Breakfast could be improved, but it was OK.

Convenient location for access to TU Berlin at walking distance. Also, close to a large park ideal for jogging, and close to public transportation to downtown. Large room, and convenient bathroom.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

• Comfort Double Room

Some parts are ( bathroom for example ) little bit aged.

Nice and clean Hotel. The neighborhood is very nice , staff polite and explained everything I have asked, no matter how long they had to explain . The room wss extra large

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

• Comfort Double Room

The hotel is outright awful, dirty carpet rooms and bathrooms. Would work if it were 2 stars, I have no clue how it got the other 2. The price is quite absurd.

The location was great, right in Kudamn with great access to the rest of the city.

• Reviewed: 24 February 2017

• Comfort Double Room

The bathroom was a little bit small. The room needs some lighting beside the wardrobe.

The room was very big. Staff (Sameer & Denis) were very friendly and helpful, not only about the reservation, but how can I access the transportation,recommendations for dinner, etc.. Location is great. 5 minutes from the S5 which takes you to the messe in less than 8 minutes.

• Reviewed: 9 December 2016

• Comfort Double Room

Bathroom old and not very clean Noisy early in the morning

Confortably bed Very good breakfast Great location in the Savignyplatz area, which has great restaurants and ready access for shopping

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

We liked everything: location, service, our room. Many thanks to Mr. S. Ben-Amara, the manager of the hotel for accommodating our wishes and for all help. We will definitely stay again in this nice hotel.

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

I disagree this is a 4* hotel. If only you will try to convince me that the area of Charlottenburg provides you with extra star on facade. This is not! The furniture and the carpet are in huge dissonance with the architecture of the entire building. But this is minor for just 2 nights of stay. While the white curtains are not really that white, but rather grey and it immediately sets a context of a shabby and unpleasantly dirty room. Then you go to the bathroom and it's a 1,5 m2 size with a feeling of "not properly cleaned place" which really needs a renovation. Breakfast should not cost 12€ Per person. Really shouldn't. I had in Munchen a gastro-paradise for 10. Additionally, it is rather hard to eat in the room with a terrible smell of carpet cleaning chemicals ( or similar) To summarize-this hotel IS old. Which is great. But then every interior element should support and highlight this age, providing this necessary atmosphere of a "hotel with a history", smth vintage. In opposition, every element highlights the unfavorable contrast. Which is pity.

It was geographically the right place for the purpose of our current visit. We've enjoyed warm welcome from the staff and a room with the huge balcony as was initially requested. High ceilings provide you with enough air in the room and give a feeling that the room is enormously big.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

• Comfort Double Room

It would be nice if the shower head was higher and you didn't have to hold it over your head to shower.

Bed was very comfortable. Very quite and sound sleep.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

• Comfort Double Room

The Wi-Fi was low quality unfortunately and although there are 3 different networks to choose from they are equally poor quality. Also the door locks are pretty awkward and take some getting use too. I stayed three nights.

Very friendly staff and always happy to help, the hotel is local to some great restaurants. Room was very spacious, actually it was enormous 😀

• Reviewed: 17 September 2016

It was central but I could have stayed closer to where I needed to be if I'd researched more.

Little extra things like bottled water, helpful staff, free breakfast.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2016

• Comfort Double Room

did not now the price for the breakfast, is known, would have taken it oftener. Value for money.

Excellent breakfast and service. Staff will cut band-aids for you. Very helpful and nice. Felt very safe. Quiet street very near busy areas.

• Reviewed: 20 July 2016

• Comfort Double Room

I forgot that air conditioning is considered a luxury item in Berlin, and had the misfortune of staying here during a mini heat wave in June. This hotel does not have A/C, and two of my nights there were completely unbearable. The front desk person did lend me his fan, as it was the last one, which was very generous of him. I usually stay in some of the more modern hotels, but I thought I would try something different this time around. The breakfast is serviceable, but certainly not on par with the nicer, but more expensive, hotels. The wifi also gave me problems the entire time in my room. All in all, I liked the location, but I would not stay here again.

This is a great location in the Savignyplatz area, which has great restaurants and ready access to other shopping in this part of Berlin.

• Reviewed: 7 July 2016

i would think in the summer it would get very hot as there is no a/c.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. We had a parking issue and the staff member there, took the time to sort everything out for us. We also really enjoyed the area. The rooms were very large and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 7 July 2016

Very attentive staff who know their clients by heart.. Mr. Amara manages the team very well. Comfortable rooms. Excellent breakfast, Very close to Berlin Zoo.

• Reviewed: 6 July 2016

The bed was too soft for me but do appreciate that this is a personal subjective thing.

Location, staff & cost of my stay........was in a nice peaceful location with great access to cafes, restaurant's & bars that were all very close by & really great places to eat & drink.

• Standard Triple Room

No Wi-Fi in the rooms, had difficulties getting on line even in the reception

Great location, helpful staff, clean, spacious room

I suggest to choose a room with balcony. It is really great. Great location. Great value for money.

Bed/comfort

Ligging

The location is great - peaceful and attractive with lots of cafes nearby, and not too far from the city’s attractions.

There was a problem about internet connectin at the rooms. Reception only.

Hotel staff was nice ... The room was very big...

It is more like a hostel without any attendants than a "HOTEL"

everything

Smells a little bit old fashioned.

Excellent breakfast buffet.

Nothing !!!

The staff were fantastic !!!!

• Comfort Double Room

The duvet smelled a little Need to take care of this matter

The breakfast could be better.

Everything was just perfect...as it was 2 years ago. See you next year as well.

• Comfort Double Room

Nice location and easy environment

The room was absolutely filthy!

Too hot in summer - no air conditioning

• Comfort Double Room

the sauna jacuzzi where closed

bed very big great staff

• Comfort Double Room

elevator lands between floors so you need to carry your luggage 1/2 floor up or down on the stairs

Location is great

• Reviewed: 16 February 2017

My bathroom smelled like pee.

The staff was nice

• Reviewed: 5 February 2017

Beds a little too soft. No elevator or front desk personal before 7am for early checkout.

Very clean, good location.

• Reviewed: 20 January 2017

• Comfort Double Room

Unexpected cost like 12e for breakfast and 10 four sauna.

Friendly staff

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

Wifi is spotty

Convenient location for work and transportation to and from the city as well as around Berlin. Great options for running nearby.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

not the appearance of a 4 star, pricy for what you get

friendly staff. clean.

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

• Comfort Double Room

A few things could be refreshed such as floor but overall excellent place

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

Helpful staff. Great breakfasts.

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

Everything excellent

Quite dated, weak wifi

Helpful staff, very convenient location for TU Berlin

• Reviewed: 22 August 2016

• Comfort Double Room

Great breakfast and very helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

• Comfort Double Room

The staff were so accommodating, the facility was great, clean, very comfortable

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

Great location, nice staff, clean, comfortable

• Reviewed: 30 June 2016

The location: quiet place close to s-bahn stations, cafés and restoraunts.

• Reviewed: 26 June 2016

Stay away! Never ever saw a worse hotel. Its not a hotel, its a misunderstanding!

Stayed in May 2016

• Reviewed: 25 June 2016

need ac :(

cozy and convenient location

• Reviewed: 23 June 2016

o

balcony breakfast

• Reviewed: 2 May 2016

Very few TV channels and all of them in German language; No kettle in the room;

Spacious room, big balcony (what a lovely surprise, wasn't mentioned on the website), very comfortable bed, quiet neighbourhood, delicious breakfast.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2016

Can't complain as it was a good value and met our needs.

Location; short walk to city center, great restaurants within walking distance. Hotel staff was courteous and helpful. Rooms were spacious and clean.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2016

Front desk mostly very friendly but one guy was not so, preoccupied in looking at the PC, felt like I was disturbing him when I once asked directions to the station.

Location clean

• Reviewed: 21 February 2016

Nothing, best value for money.

Excellent staff, very helpful (big thanks to Umut and Deniz!) Perfect location. Wifi is good Breakfast was very satisfactory. Big size and comfy room

• Reviewed: 21 February 2016

The hotel has an ideal location, close to many ubahn stations, restaurants and interest points, but it is also quiet and silent. You are at walking distance from the very cool designers shopping Centre Bikini Berlin, and for those who are coming for the Berlinale it is very close to the Zoo Palast. The staff is very helpful and welcoming. You can buy train tickets at the reception desk and ask for any information. The rooms are warm and cosy.

There are also 43 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Hotel Carmer 16 traveller photo gallery