Reviews of Central-Classic Hotel This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services offered. It is based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Hasenbergstraße 49a, Stuttgart-West, 70176 Stuttgart, Germany

A comfortable stay in a convenient location

Sadly I was disturbed late at night by people outside the hotel. My room looked out over the entrance to the hotel and the adjacent road. The road itself is a side street and it was quiet for the first night.

I booked a single room and it was exactly what I would expect. En suite shower was clean & roomy. I particularly liked the quality of the continental breakfast, and the buffet selection to choose from. I would say it was one of the best breakfasts I have ever had in a hotel. The hotel was just minutes away from the S bahn, and just 10 minutes walk from Feursee. It was easy to access the city centre, & Marienplatz albeit that was a hike over a hill.

great value in a ovely

like most European hotels, no air cond. but comfortable enough with the desk fan. however with windows open there is noise during the day from nearby auto body shop and secondhand smoke from the courtyard.

convenient neighborhood, close to S bahn, good places to eat nearby. recently renovated,comfortably furnished room. rooms are small but not cramped and very clean. Excellent breakfast with variety of choices. a good value.

Nice hotel a little far out and very hot!

It was a bit far from the centre but not far from the s-Bahn. The breakfast was ok but there were no hot items other than drinks and the drinks machine was showing errors for quite a while before being fixed. The breakfast lady seemed quite unfriendly there was a notice saying you could have eggs cooked but I was never asked and I didn’t see anyone else asked either. Breakfast was quite unwelcoming although there was bread and various cheeses and meat plus cereals and yoghurts.

The staff on the front desk were excellent, friendly and informative. I asked for a kettle and got one immediately. The room was very clean, very hot with no air conditioning but they did include a fan which was essential. The minibar fridge was small but useful. I left my luggage after checkout and picked it up later which was helpful. Bed and pillow were comfortable and the bathroom was very clean.

I would have liked breakfast to start at 06:00 am and not at...

I would have liked breakfast to start at 06:00 am and not at 07:00 am, on the last day I had to miss breakfast as I had a train to catch at the main station.

Everything was ok.

The man that welcomed us was really kind. He provided us a map of the city and recommended several restaurants near the hotel. The breakfast was rather good.

Perfect location, smple and tasty breakfast, really good...

No tea making facilities in the room. The bed was not very comfortable. Could have a rest but not designed for a lazy morning or a snuggle. The quality of the pillows, blankets and air-conditioning could be improved. Majority of tv channels scrambled, hard to navigate, even for a music channel in the background.

Perfect location, smple and tasty breakfast, really good shower, even with the sudden temperature change. Really refreshing. Fridge in the room is always a bonus. The location just away from the heart of the centre but a walking distance away from nice variety of pubs, shops and the underground meant that everything was handy to reach without mad traffic or overwhelming crowds.

The hotel is in a quite place, near to S-Bahn and U-Bahn...

We made our reservation well before and also there was a big festival, we paid a little more than we should pay now for a similar trip. But it was still worth it :)

The hotel is in a quite place, near to S-Bahn and U-Bahn station. Even a pleasant walk can be made to the city center. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The room was fine for us. The break was delicious. WiFi was worked fine. We spent pleasant time there.

Didn't sleep much!

There are no blackout blinds in the room! As soon the daylight comes out around 05:00 am, it is impossible to sleep anymore, because the daylight came in through a very thin curtain, which woke us up everyday at 05:00 am! The hotel should look into this issue and invest in blackout curtains for all the rooms. The horrible square pillows from the 1960's grandmother, which makes it impossible to sleep on! I can not believe, that these pillows are still in use, should be kept in a museum!!! To the hotel management, please change the pillows we are living in 2018 not in 1960! And please invest in blackout blinds for all rooms.

The breakfast.

Definitely a decent place

Well, it looked clean, but than the water in the toilet was yellow upon my arrival, so I wasn't certain what was that.... so.... The elevator is way too small, although it says 4 people - I am a short lady (not too robust), and I had a problem fitting in with my 80x25cm suitcase.

The location is very good - the hotel is situated in a decent distance from the City centre, so both good walk or a public transport are nice options. Breakfast was good, with a variety of food (important for travellers who are not used to strong German breakfast with sausage at 07:00AM). Receptionists more than kind and efficient.

Was ok would not come back sorry

The room was comfortable but needed more pillows, the blanket was too small for the bed so took a while to warm up. It would have been nice if the hotel could have recommended some places to eat as I got there on Good Friday and spent a good hour looking for a place to eat Wifi wasn't great

The breakfast was ok The shower was really good and the bathroom was kept very clean

Silence and peace in the heart of Stuttgart

Nothing to declare.

The hotel is located in a very quiet place. There are some restaurants nearby (easily to reach on foot) and an amazing small artificial lake where to chill out. In 5 minutes on foot there is also a train station connected to city center.

I arrived at 22.

I arrived at 22.10 and there nobody at the recepetion. Apparently, they are closing at 22.00, which is very odd for a central-city hotel. This information was not provided on my booking email. It took more then an hour on the phone, while standing on the street, to be able to get in and all the while the staff talked to me as if it was my fault.

Overall a very good stay. We would recommend the hotel and stay again ourselves.

Small rooms, but cannot change that. Maybe another shelf in bathroom. There was no room to put any toiletries. Room was quite hot some nights, no AC. but windows do open and this helps. We found the duvets too hot on the warmer nights and there are no top sheets.

We had a comfortable room, small as hotel rooms often are in Europe. It was quiet and very clean. Staff were very nice and helpful. Breakfast was very good. You could order eggs, but also a very good buffet and good coffee. Management does a good job. Location was fairly good - a little bit of a hike to downtown, but the bus also stops at the main road down from the hotel. We should have bought a 3 day ticket early on. But we walked everywhere the first couple of days. Be sure to visit the Mercedes Benz museum. Worth a visit.

Clean place, comfy bed, hot water, hot heater, nice...

Not many shop to buy stuff nearby, small elevator because it is a classic building

Clean place, comfy bed, hot water, hot heater, nice breakfast, 6 minutes walking distance from Feuersee station

Lovely and comfortable!

The breakfast was lovely - there's the standard German breakfast, and then they also cook fresh eggs to order. My room was clean and comfortable. It's only a 5 minute walk from the S bahn.

Civilised and tasteful

A little out of the way, but you get what you pay for.

A warm, bright, quiet, comfortable single room with TV and desk. Breakfast buffet tastefully and temptingly presented.

The staff is just great, both during the check-in and...

There was nothing that I really disliked here, everything was good and even more than I expected. Definitely coming back next time I'm in Stuttgart.

The staff is just great, both during the check-in and check-out, whenever I had questions, they were always ready to help. The location of the hotel is also good, not far from the metro station, there are lots of shops, cafes and bars around, and you can walk to the city centre and main attractions. The room was quite spacious, tidy and comfortable, and wifi was good. The breakfast was beyond expectations, lots of different food, and everything tasted great.

The staff was very friendly.

The staff was very friendly. We only spent one night and we had to leave early so we ask if it was possible to have breakfast earlier then the normal time. The girl at the reception was very kind and prepared bags with the breakfast for us. In the morning, we were late for catching the train to the airport and the men at the reception was also very nice to us and helped us getting a taxi not to expensive for us to be on time at the airport.

friendly and nice

only a few TV chanels

big room, confortable beds, good heating, good breakfast but without hot meals The hotel is not far from city center ( 10-15 min walk or 1 S-bahn station), in a quiet zone.

I only stayed overnight because of a missed flight but I found the whole experience great value.

There was nothing I didn't like.

The staff was very friendly and welcoming, the room clean and modern, and the breakfast as good as any in a more expensive hotel. There was a good Chinese restaurant nearby (China Sichuan) with unbelievably low prices for excellent authentic food. Close to the S-Bahn for easy access to the airport which is why I chose it initially. Overall experience: 10/10

exceeded expectations.

they will cook eggs to order. the room was very big. this is much better than nearby hotels of the same grade. i was really happy with the place. location is excellent. wifi signal was good in our room.

I always sleep here when in Stuttgart

Single room is quite small.

I always sleep here everytime I go to Stuttgart, simple but comfortable. Close to S-Bahn station to Airport/Messe and city center. Breakfast is beautiful!

A very comfortable stay. Nice and cosy.

Nothing much, really. Good enough for a clean, comfortable short stay at a good price.

Staff is very friendly and helpful. Breakfast is good. Good walking distance from subway station.

The hotel is perfectly located in Stuttgart with easy access...

The hotel is perfectly located in Stuttgart with easy access to the metro and within walking distance to the city centre and Christmas markets. The hotel itself is basic yet very comfortable with an excellent breakfast. The room had a large comfortable bed and good quality shower. Overall I would highly recommend.

Pleasant but factor in the time to walk

It is not 100meters from the town centre like another post said (and was my reason for booking it) it was a fifteen minute walk. There isn’t much around the hotel. We had someone else’s rubbish on the floor near the bed and the sheets had something stuck to them. I also booked two rooms as I thought we wouldn’t fit in one, but on arrival realised we would so had to pay a high charge to cancel a room. Travelling with little kids I didn’t want separate rooms.

The Staff were excellent - friendly, knowledgeable and spoke excellent English. Thank you!

Comfortable room .

No complaints as the price is very fair.

Comfortable room . Breakfast was fine. Very handy location near subway with direct line to airport .Friendly and helpful staff. Very good value for money.

very friendly welcome.

Nothing worth listing as a 'dislike'.

very friendly welcome. offered us two keys for the room which we found helpful. breakfast was good quality. hotel is located within walking distance of the centre and public transport links are close by.

decent hotel with decent value for money, simple but clean...

some low quality store bough yogurts served during breakfast (not all, just some), a bit of walk to the closest tram station or u-bahn stn, super hard to find taxi in the nearby area (in case u've walked far enough from the hotel)

decent hotel with decent value for money, simple but clean and everything in the room works properly.

Exceptionally Good

The room was better than I expected given the price of the room and covered everything that I needed in terms of facilities for the duration of the stay; for a single room the bed was of more than adequate size and was for very comfortable, as were the other furnishings; the room was fully cleaned and aired with new bed linen and towels without any need to request this from reception; I discovered damage to the shower when I first arrived and immediately after reporting this to reception they had the issue repaired; the continental breakfast was plentiful and the quality of the food was excellent; the free hotel wifi was also excellent with perfect signal whenever I required to use it; all of the staff connected with the hotel were polite - I would definitely recommend staying at this hotel and if I were to travel to Stuttgart I would wish to stay here again. (Please note that any mess in the room seen in the photographs attached to this review is of my own making upon arrival and not a reflection of the hotel staff - everything was neat and tidy upon my arrival and remained so following every visit by the cleaners'.)

A warm and welcoming stay at a great value.

Where to start with an experience that wildly exceeded my expectations and was a great value for the money. I was warmly greeted by the receptionist, who went beyond the usual check in procedures and made sure that I had correct change for the parking meter, gave me tips on getting around and generally treated me like I was a family member. The room was small, but more than adequate. There is no parking, but I was able to find on street parking within the block. Located in a quiet neighborhood with a mixture of residences, small shops and restaurants. Convenient to S -bahn. I'd stay here again, for sure.

Peaceful location a little out of main town, all walkable with a breakfast which is wonderful

Location a little far from centre, easily reachable by public transport and about a 40 min walk from station. Calm neighbourhood, only a few food options locally in the evening without returning to town.

Best breakfast imaginable, quality and range of offerings superb, with fresh local fruits etc.

Small clean hotel within walking distance to shops and...

There is no parking at the hotel, however the hotel has some dedicated parking places nearby ( 100 metres ). Pay parking in the street is also possible and was not too difficult to find

Small clean hotel within walking distance to shops and around 2.3 kms from the railway station and Stuttgart central. Good value, room was clean and reasonably large. Hotel appears popular with business travellers.

A perfect choice , clean and relaxing, close to both the airport and the main train station.

The front desk staff member was very helpful on arrival, and our room was clean, spacious and well-designed, with breakfast included. The hotel is less than half an hour's S-bahn journey from the airport, and 20 minutes S-bahn journey to Stuttgart main station. You can walk into the city centre but the hotel itself is in a quiet area so overall it was the perfect choice and we would definitely recommend it! Thank you, Central Classic!

Close enough to walk to the city centre but also close to...

Close enough to walk to the city centre but also close to main train links to the airport and exhibition centre. Hotel is clean, comfortable and the staff were very friendly and helpful

A+

Many of the local TV channels were not available. No international channels.

This hotel is very reasonable for being so comfortable and central. The room and bathroom were spotless. We had a very comfortable bed. The staff is friendly and professional. The breakfast is worthy of a 4 star hotel--outstanding.

Friendly and over the top helpful staff!

Further than I wanted to walk or take local tranportation from train station. So I took taxi... jut an extra expanse.

Friendly and over the top helpful staff! Elevator got me to forth floor, not my terrible knees. Oh yes. And great breakfast! I am just starting to expect great b-fasts eberywhere. So far so good.

It was great and I would like to come back

The pillows were too soft and I didn't like how dirty the place was because in my three days not one cleaner came to my room and I didn't have any towels changed.

The location of the hotel made it easy to get to places and the staff were very professional also the breakfast was amazing.

Good value for money and easy access

The room was extremely hot (no airco) but they provided a fan, and there were no blinds or darkening curtains.

Breakfast was great,the location was excellent,quiet yet central. Little park close to the hotel,great to strech your child's legs and easy to find parking in the same road.

Mini gummi bears on the pillow, breakfast was great, walking...

No air conditioning & it was muggy, but we made the best of it!

Mini gummi bears on the pillow, breakfast was great, walking distance to the s-bahn, nice neighborhood, good pizza place on the corner & helpful front desk staff.

The staff was really friendly and could speak several...

The Wi-Fi connection in my room was specially poor. And the opening reception hours might have made my trip complicated if I had got to Stuttgart at night.

The staff was really friendly and could speak several languages. The hotel is really central, well connected.

for shirt business trip

It is unbearable without an air conditioner on hot days. From the tourist street 20 minutes walk-far.

Staff is very friendly. Room is cleaned. The metro is not far. There are many cafes around. Quiet area

Great short stay hotel with fabulous transport links

No air con, kettle or coffee in the rooms. More of the delicious croissants, please!!

I'm quite new to European City Break travelling. I travelled with my 16-year-old grandson and stayed at two hotels in Stuttgart due to availability. Two nights in each. The Classic-Central surpassed expectations of a 3-star rated accommodation. Staff are extremely helpful and speak good English. It is situated on a quiet street just outside the hubbub of Stuttgart but the transport links are excellent. There isn't really any parking but I wouldn't bother hiring a car, just make good use of the U-bahn, buses and S-bahn, which are all a minute or two walk. We stayed in room 31, 3rd floor at the back. it was quiet and had a good wi-fi signal. It was compact but plenty of storage space. Again, it was very hot and there is no air conditioning but, a fan was in the room, free of charge. The bathroom had a great shower, very powerful and very clean. As always, there are no tea/coffee making facilities, so take a travel kettle. Towels and hairdryer (not the best) are provided. If you're not going to use the mini-bar (chargeable) empty the fridge and fill with your own drinks. The hotel was a little more modern than the first one we stayed in. I contacted the hotel the day before arrival and they managed to give me an early check in, with a room ready. On departure, check out was 12 noon but they are more than happy to hold your luggage. The train stations to the airport are a couple of minutes walk away. Staff are very knowledgeable and happy to look up any routes/directions you might need. Breakfast (included in price) comprises of a choice of cereals, yoghurts, fruit, breads, croissants, hams, cheeses, boiled eggs and jams on the ground floor in a modern breakfast room. To drink there are fruit juices, a choice of teas and a fabulous coffee making machine. Don't be put off by the hotel being a little further out than others. It's just so easy to get to where you want to go.

Perfect stay for two days in Stuttgart

The breakfast was diverse and tasty (you can ask additional for scrambled eggs and omlettes). The room was comfortable (a ventilator was in the room, but it might not keep up with the hot days). Staff was very friendly. The hotel is close to Feuersee church and also to the S-bahn. One can reach the city center in a 15-20 mins walk.

Very friendly and kind staff.

Nothing really... Breakfast could be slightly better but it was still good.

Very friendly and kind staff. They helped me a lot when I needed something. Also they recommend really nice restaurants...

Nice hotel in a quiet area.

We had a top floor room with low sloping ceilings which we constantly hit our heads on. We asked for a queen bed and a single and got two singles and a twin which also didn't have a reading light. There was a bottle cap left on the carpet and a large dead fly on the window sill.

Nice hotel close to the metro or a short walk to the main shopping area. Staff were good and the breakfast was good. Quiet neighbourhood for sleeping. Pretty good value overall.

Nice hotel near to Stuttgart city center

The staff really helped us in providing extra room since we booked for 3 persons but the room was not fitted for 3. A fault from Booking.com as I understood. So thumbs up for this wonderful service!

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

Wonderful staff and breakfast

The rooms were not very well insulated there fore one could hear the children down the hall and the loud TV in the room next door. Things did quiet down at a reasonable hour though and our night was quiet. We picked the hotel due to its convenient location to transportation and friends we were visiting. All in all I would stay here again.

Breakfast was wonderful. And the staff was exceptional. Extremely helpful when ordering a taxi for our very early departure and boarding passes.

Variety of the breakfast, staff was friendly and kind enough...

Nothing to complain

Variety of the breakfast, staff was friendly and kind enough to let us know how to get to the subway station and main city center area

Ok nice hotel

Very few spots to park (mine was last one) and not very cheap (7.50 for 14 hours. But nothing that the hotel can do about that). Remember you have to pay a tax for pollution in Stuttgart otherwise you can get 80 euros fine as I did.

Extremely nice staff. Good room, clean. Breakfast ok. Good price.

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

Small and friendly hotel in a quiet neighbourhood

Quite small single room. A bit expensive for a single room.

Quiet location, 5 minutes walk to a metro station. Friendly staff. Clean room. Decent breakfast

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

Good value for money

Pillows were terrible - provided no support at all. The room was overheated which meant even with the window open a sheet was all that was needed even though it was 0 degrees outside! A safe would have been helpful.

The location was very central with easy access to transport. Staff were helpful and pleasant. Breakfast was good and catered to all tastes.

• Reviewed: 11 December 2016

Nice small hotel

Not issues for us, but the hotel has no bar or dinner facilities (but are some bars very nearby). TV in room is a little small with no German channels.

Very convenient location for the airport - direct link on S-Bahn & just a 5 minute walk to the hotel. About an easy 20 minute walk to the city centre. Room was a reasonable size - with a very new looking shower room, & very comfortable & spotlessly clean. The free wifi was excellent. Nice continental breakfast too. Very quiet location. Supermarket (Rewe) nearby. Would happily stay here again.

• Reviewed: 6 December 2016

The location of the hotel is excellent, staff helpful and...

No Tea / Coffee access when reception is closed, not good when you want a hot drink outside these times.

The location of the hotel is excellent, staff helpful and friendly.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

Good Hotel - Nice Stay

Soft square pillows from the 1950’! Location, one stop from the city center, 6 – 8 minutes walking to the train station!

Large room, good bathroom, good heating system, cleanliness, very good breakfast, very competitive price best value for money in Stuttgart, friendly staff members.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

Nice breakfast, not blackout curtains

absence of blackout curtains! it was impossible to sleep comfortably with all the light coming in from outside. Decoration in general is very updated

staff was very helpful and friendly, they did an effort to accommodate our baby. The breakfast was very varied and better than we expected.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

I've already been there twice and I'll do it again

The carpet on the floor, and the room is just a little small.

I couldn't wait for morning to come to enjoy this delicious breakfast with wide choice of bread, ham, yogurt, cereals, cheese, fruit&vegetables, fresh juice, good coffee (made of beans). Bathrooms look recently renovated. 10 minutes walk from the metro station that leads directly to the Messe exhibition center and airport (22 minutes ride). 15 minutes walk from the city center.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

Easiest place to stay.

The employee was very helpfully and understanding. Directions was easy to follow and I made all my appointments on time. The train stations isn't far away the room was always clean.

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

Good location 10 minute walk from a Ubahn although easy enough to walk to town from there. Staff were really friendly and helpful. Even though we were there for Volksfest the room was really good value. Free parking on the street nearby on a Sunday.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

Great value for money with excellent customer service. Very close to shops and underground station.

Staff were very helpful and friendly and went the extra mile to help on this one day stay. It is value for the money paid. The breakfast is good with crossants and other patiserries being quite tasty.

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

Comfortable room, good bathroom, helpful staff, breakfast

Well, better parking possibilities, but this is near center of Stuttgart. And at least one programme on TV which is not in German.

Comfortable room, good bathroom, helpful staff, breakfast

hot , but very good cost performance

a little hot in summer

perfect place to stay in Stuttgart

Really cozy hotel in a pleasant neighborhood, easy to reach by public transport, super nice staff, lovely breakfast

nice

room decor...room very hot..

comfortable bed, good shower, good breakfast, close to metro rail stn

Breakfast was great and last minute booking worked perfectly

Breakfast was great and last minute booking worked perfectly

a little disappointing

Cramped

Hotel was quiet and in a nice area close to the centre of...

Hotel was quiet and in a nice area close to the centre of town.

WiFi extremely slow.

Excellent breakfast

Small (2) parking places

Excellent breakfast

the only thing is missing aircondition, it was very hot in...

the only thing is missing aircondition, it was very hot in the room.

Great hotel

Nice staff, comfortable beds, excellent breakfast, quiet

Enjoyable

Close to Stuttgart Central walking street

The mattress was worn

The mattress was worn

excellent breakfast, good location, room small but clean,...

excellent breakfast, good location, room small but clean, very friendly staff

Nice

the breakfast was excellent, the staff very friendly. The room was clean.

Nice hotel

Good location and friendly staff