Reviews of Central-Hotel Tegel 2 stars

Holzhauser Str. 2, Reinickendorf, 13509 Berlin, Germany

#538 of 579 hotels in Berlin

6.1

5.5

Very old building, very small room, no air conditioning, no option for ironing clothes. No light on the hall ways at night.

The room and bathroom were clean.

The hotel is located between an U-Banh rails and a very busy street crossing, ie. very, very noisy. The rooms doesn´t have A/C and you cannot open the window due to noise. I got a smoking room! The hotel was fully booked, so no chance to change it.

Good connection to the Airport and City, probably the reason, why is the hotel so popular

The staff could be more hospitable and breakfast needs more choices.

Altough it is not located near the city center it is literally located next to the train station. The rooms are simple but clean, with decent space for 2 people. The breakfast is a typical german one, so dont except a big variety. The prize is faire.

Not much choice of restaurants in the immediate area.

Larger room than most European hotels. Right next to the U Bahn station. Convenient for taking the U Bahn and you could hardly hear the train traffic while in your room. Shopping center about 2 miles from hotel. Taxi stand right outside of hotel and every time we went by taxis were available. Taxi ride to and from the airport was about 10 Euro (not including tip)

There is no air conditioned, we got a room on sunny side and in the afternoon it was like a furnace. I can't imagine in summertime!! WiFi is very weak, weak signal and up and down all the time Breakfast could be better, just adding some croissant or slice of pie

Central hotel is located in a strategic position, Underground station is just 10m from the Hotel and you can get easily any Berlin location. Staff is friendly polite and efficient

To be honest...no complaints

Staff very nice..always have a smile and the housekeeping were lovely even though couldn't communicate they made the effort. Room was perfect..clean and bathroom was nice. Breakfast was delicious..especially the cheeses..very filling.

The WLAN didn´t work at room at all. Non-smoker rooms very nice and clan but every morning I woke up because of the smell of smoking, came probably through the air conditioning channels, since opening the window helped for that.

Very helpful and nice personal, clean rooms, good breakfast

Navigating the elevator and darkened hallways was confusing at first. Not what I expected in that regard, but it turned out ok.

The bed was comfortable, breakfast was nice, close to train.

Breakfast variety... Items should change like fruits, we always had apples and orange juice. Some days can alternate with oranges, bananas, or the juices alternate orange, pineaple,mango, apple each day etc. But it was generally good.

They provided me with what I asked for.

Room is very small but it was not a problem since we needed the hotel to sleep before morning flight from Tegel.

Good location just by U-Bahn. 15 minutes from Tegel (U-Bahn + bus 128). Breakfast - pretty nice variety of food, served from 4am!!!

The room was small but not quiet (near a noisy busy road) and this night was there some sort of a storm so the windows weren't good enough to insulate the sound.

Good area (for my business purposes)

I think you can't get more for your money, especially if you are looking for a cheap and comfortable place to sleep in Berlin. I really don't understand any critics for this hotel. If your looking for more comfort you have to pay more... that's it.

for a low budget hotel the price-service relation is excellent. The personal was friendly, the room clean and the breakfast for the price (we paid 35 Euros the night) also excellent. The bed was comfortable. What do you need more?

Area/location did not seem to be the safest but was very close to the airport which is why we stayed there.

Awesome service. Offered extra early breakfast since we had to leave by 5 am to catch a flight.

I wanted to stay near the airport for my early morning flight but it needs a change from train to bus, so not really convenient if you have heavy luggage. It is far from Berlin centre. Taxi is an option but you will need to pay more.

It was just next to train station.

The interior looks like Soviet chic. Breakfast "schmeckt nicht". The WLAN connection falls away every 10 minutes. To get to Schönefeld airport, you have to travel across the entire city.

Position right next to my working place. The bed was big enough for two people, let alone just me :) Travel time to Tegel airport is just about 20 minutes.

It's located on a busy street with quite a bit of street noise during the day. It didn't wake us up at night so must have been better then. I thought it was a little over-priced.

They had a nice breakfast at the hotel, better than most. The location is fairly good, right next to a metro stop that will take you directly to the center of town. A nice schnitzel house is right across the street. Hotel room was very small and mostly clean.

• Quadruple Room

Even though the room was a non smoking room, the room smelled of cigarette smoke. The external hallway did not have any lights and made the hallway very dark. It was hard to make out the room number on our door. Hotel is next to a train platform.

We chose this hotel due to it's proximity to the airport. We arrived very late in the evening and were leaving early the next morning.

- wifi does not work, - when someone speaks in another rooms everything are heard in room, - in my room there was not phone, when I wanted to say something to reception I should leave my room and down stairs to first floor,

- if you would like to spend just one or two nights it is good place, - breakfast is good, - location is good, in the vicinity there are markets and s-bahn,

WiFi in room intermittent.

Hotel convenient for overnight between flights from Tegel Airport. Reinikendorf / Alt-Tegel area was surprisingly pleasant. Friendly and helpful staff.

Better so do coverage preferred for hotel rooms. Greater speed would also be good as it was quite slow for a tech head like myself 😀 Right next-to the crossroads. Can be a little noisy.

Good rooms. Wonderful friendly staff Near to where I needed to be Good easy access to the station

The room was small like a box and noisy as it was at the back of the hotel facing the train station. No bikes for rent. This would be a huge advantage if the hotel rented bikes as it is the perfect spot for biking. Basic breakfast with limited variety and no fruit. Coffee machine in reception but you pay if not during breakfast hours. Just 2 sachets of shower cream for 2 people for 2 nights! 1 plastic cup in the bathroom for 2 people.

The staff were helpful and spoke English Next door to train station so very easy to find at night. Easy to get to from Tegel airport a short bus ride and then the train. This Hotel is a good location, where you can walk in 20 minutes to Tegel sea to swim at a beach, and there is a beautiful forest where you can run walk trek. Ideal for relaxing taking photographs. Close to ALDI and NETTO supermarkets. Close to Burger king but no other places to eat nearby. The reception is open 24 hours and we could leave our bags when we checked out and collect late in the evening.

The breakfast is very low quality, eggs were probably boiled the day before as the yolk was black from inside. This hotel is NOT suitable for families. They don't provide baby cribs, and the rooms don't have air-conditioner, so during summer time you would have to keep the window open, while the street is really noisy. I could barely sleep for a couple of hours during the night. I don't think I will ever stay in this hotel

The hotel is relatively near tegel airport, although it took me 15 minutes to get there due the heavy traffic. The room was relatively clean, and the bathtub was in good condition.

• Quadruple Room

No wifi in the room (free wifi in reception). They did not add shower gel for our second night, we had to ask it. Generally good experience.

Good location, by bus and U-Bahn just 15-20 minutes from Airport Tegel and by U-Bahn just 15 minutes to the Brandenburger Tor. This hotel seems built already at Berlin Wall times, but it is fine-looking, rooms are clean, renovated, with comfortable beds. Good breakfast. Family-friendly, there are quadruple rooms, too.

We were given a smoking room in a smoking wing if the hotel. It makes me sick, Intried to chanfe ghe room but there was reportedly no orher room available. I am sure if there was an option, I selected non-smoker. If there wax an option, I am not sure shy I had to put up with a stinky room.

Close to our ultimate destination and just bedides the U-Bahn.

Housekeeping was a little too keen and tried to come in twice before 8am!

We booked this at the last minute when our flight got cancelled and we needed somewhere close to the airport for a night. 5 mins away by taxi, an Aldi and KFC around the corner. Breakfast was fantastic and service at the desk very friendly. The best bit was the old school charm of the place! You got to Berlin to see a bit of history and while so much of it has been recreated for tourists, this is one bit of untouched 70's Berlin!

wifi in room is weak

This hotel is only a few steps from the S Bahn. I had to catch the early flight the following morning and it only took me 30 minutes to reach the Tegel Airport by public transport. I appreciate the unlimited free coffee and tea at the lobby as well as the breakfast buffet most.

the ventilation in the toilet didn't work and there was no hair dryer (asked but all of them were out). the breakfast made the price very expensive but I wasn't able to book without breakfast so this is probably booking's fault. the window to the back is 15m from the U-Bahn station so that was not quiet at all.

close to the U-Bahn station and clean.

the reception staff at check out were very rude, the bed was too short for me to sleep in properly, the maintenance painting the hall was really rude when I was trying to leave my room to check out I just put it down to the German sense of customer service

It was convenient to the airport and the hotel was incredibly clean

Our room was really close to the metro station, which was pretty loud even with the windows closed. There was a strong smell of cigarettes in the room, really unpleasant. We couldn't get a hair drier. Not all personel speaks a basic level of english.

Breakfast was nice.

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

This is a simple + unassuming hotel that I booked so I could be close to the Tegel airport for a very early flight. I had a good (albeit short) uneventful rest, before my trip. So the hotel served it's purpose for me. I appreciated the location and I will go there once again if I ever need another place for sleeping some hours before a flight. If I were a tourist visiting Berlin, I'm sure that I would stay in a more central location. This hotel is mostly useful for that very-early-flight situation, when you don't want to be talking taxis early in the morning, nor spending the night in the airport. You just need to take a 5 minutes train ride a 10 minutes bus ride & you're in the airport.

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

Hotel is really outworn and needs refurbishment. Rooms have smell of old wooden walls (and they have them in the rooms actually), bathroom is awful. Everything around is still left from the Soviet time era. The staff did not look very interested in their guests. I do not recommend this hotel.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

going to the 3rd floor in the night , the directions and lighting is not proper

Location was meeting my requirement of being close by to the airport , having breakfast from 4 am was awesome so that I was able to have breakfast before catching my flight at 0755

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

The rooms are very basic, with old furniture, but fully adequate for an overnight stay prior to a flight.

Breakfast served for an early traveler at 4 am. Very friendly staff. Clean rooms.

The breakfast was really simple and the coffee was really awful but as it is in the room price I would not really complain about it

Hotel really next to the metro station, really easy to go around the city from here. The room was clean and the personnel was kind even if some didn't spoke english.

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

I was cold in bed on the first night. However when I mentioned this a second duvet was quickly provided.

Very helpfull staff. Very convenient fot the UBahn.

Couldn't always recieve wifi up in my room. Also, I couldn't get the room to warm up despite the near freezing outdoor temps. With the feather bed, however, I slept warm.

Front desk staff were amazing, especially the manager. She was up at 4 am helping the nite clerk get early breakfasts prepared for those heading to the airport. Always friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

Next to a subway station. Could detract if you have a light sleep. Not enough dedicated parking.

Very friendly staff. Rooms small and simple while sufficient and clean enough. Breakfast included and amazing for the overall low price.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2016

The DISTURBING swastika written in blue ink on the wall of the elevator! You are in BERLIN FOR GOD'S SAKE! Berlin! Get a can of paint and COVER THAT UP!

• Quadruple Room

Super clean hotel, very close to Tegel. Good internet. Free parking outside on the street or in a parking lot across the street - area nice and secure. Perfect spot for those who need to stay overnight before the flight from Tegel. Front desk super helpful. Breakfast OK. WiFi available in the rooms and fast. Overall stay OK. The hotel style remembers the Berlin Wall but it has its charm like that. I liked it personally

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

Rooms on street side are noisy

We left for very early flight in morning but they did have minimum amount of breakfast available for us Close to airport

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

Room like a sweat box even with the window wide open; also very noisy with traffic and a club/bar... No fans available to borrow which was a big negative.

Great location and super having taxis right outside the door!

• Reviewed: 18 July 2016

- location a bit loud - wifi only in lobby area (but works well)

+ free newspaper + good connection into the city + shoe cleaner in lobby + tea & coffee available 24/7 but must pay

• Reviewed: 21 June 2016

A bit far from the centre, but - on the other hand - the hotel is located just by the U-Bahn station, so it wasn't so inconvenient. It is also close to Tegel airport.

Good offer in good price and big plus for the breakfasts included in the cost. The personnel was very kind and didn't make any problems with early check-in. The hotel has the charm and style of the 1970s. Certainly something different from other hotels, but looks very intersting! Wi-fi works in the rooms without problems.

• Reviewed: 20 June 2016

Wi-Fi!!! The password is not given on arrival. After treatment at the reception desk, told it - the next morning it was not working, not down specifically wanted him, I asked, when left the hotel - gave a piece of paper with the password that was completely different, not warned in advance about change.

Close to metro station, 20 min till a center of Berlin. Car parking at a street for free. Good a breakfast, clean room.

Nothing all good

We reached the hotel really late in the night, the guy at the reception was really kind and polite with us.

Very good for a budget hotel

Location was close to airport, quiet

The break fast

In the middle of nowhere....

The room is not spacious but clean

Smell

bathing........the bathing basin is very small

cleanliness

Cleanliness

Close to Metro Satation

No phone in the room and internet wasn’t working properly

no wi-fi in the rooms

Friendly personnel. Closeness to the metro station (100m). Very easy to get to Tegel Airport (25 min).

Poor wifi

Good breakfast

No intercom, poor internet, bathroom overflowing, poor media/entertainment facility (tv only showcasing German channels)

Dark corridors / passages / stairwell

Very close to train station. Despite room facing train station, was quiet

The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The breakfast was very good. The location was outstanding.

No Wi-Fi, no room service, no connection with reception via intercom

Near to station.

The breakfast was not very good. No Wifi in rooms.

It’s very close to the underground and to Tegel Airport.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

No telephone, window not closing so very cold air, very bad experience in all.

Duvet

Early breakfast; near airport; taxi stand

Very little parking. Very loud. The location is on a main street with a lot of trafic day and night.

the choices for breakfast could be improved.

Shower is poorly positioned. Cleaning services during occupancy needs to improve

Proximity to the train station is the most advantage.

worst hotel since many years -- last time I was in such a bad hotel was in east turkey during the 2nd golf war

See above, it's clean but needs a good refurbishment

It was understandable for the low price, but it was a depressing environment.

Area where it was located. Dark halls.

Perfect to travel to airport. Good wifi.

Shower handle was slightly broken.

Location near airport. Easy and friendly stuff.

Near from Airport but little small rooms

No slippers

Exceeded my expectations

Friendliness of the staff. Location was excellent

Location, old style

• Quadruple Room

Limited parking and really difficult to park with larger car.

Location to airport.