Reviews of Centro Hotel Mondial This is the official star rating given to the property by an independent third party - the Hotelstars Union. The property is compared to the industry standard and scored based on price, facilities and services offered. Use the star rating to help choose your stay!

Pettenkoferstrasse 2, Ludwigsvorstadt, 80336 Munich, Germany

#304 of 349 hotels in Munich

Good location and very good breakfast

It was too noisy in the evenings, becouse the cafe which is located next to the property and a lot of people made noisy

Good location and very good breakfast

Great location. Take earplugs eye covers. Light sleepers beware.

I was on the back of the hotel,, floor 1. VERY noisy around 5am with rubbish collection, deliveries, whatever (did not check) despite double-glazing. No A/C, was fine for the weather (beautiful) but ? a problem in hot / humid times. As an international traveller, the curtains were not blockout / wide enough to help sleep, so you need eye covers too

Location so good. < 1min from Selinger Tor metro station. Great Japansese influenced bar nearby (Usagi).

Super comfy, we had everything we needed!

We picked this hotel just a block from Altstadt and fit our budget better...and we were still in close proximity! Nice rooftop terrace on the 3rd floor! And the little bar across the street where we met some locals was another nice little surprise...hidden gem of Munich :)

Great value for money

The receptions staff were sometimes a bit moody. They were a bit aggressive when we asked where we can find shopping facilities etc.

Amazing location. You can find everything withing walking distance. The hotel is clean.

Not a wonderful stay at this place. Would not recommend it to others.

The staff except for one was unfriendly. Location was noisy with bar opposite. Rooms were stuffy - no A/C. And when we asked for a little more time to check out (30 mins) the response was NO! YOU MUST CHECK OUT NOW.

close to underground

Choose a better option nearby if possible. Great location but poor amenities.

No tea-coffee machine or tea-coffee amenities. Poor attitude of reception staff, especially an elderly gentleman. Not worthy to be in the service industry.

Very close to the subway station. Easy access to Cory centre average size rooms, but clean.

Clean, well situated.

No air-con in our room, could be a bit uncomfortable in high summer.

Efficient, well-run. Ten minute walk to central station. Spacious high-ceilinged rooms.

Unhappy

There should be some leeway In their no refund policy when there is an accidental double booing problem.

Some of the check in clerks tried to help us with our accidental double booking problem but couldn't. With your help we finally got something less than a 40% reduction on one of the reservations (we were promised a 60% reduction) but had to pay the full price on the other. That was over $2200.00 for a 4 nite stay in a mediocre room.

Location great, hotel experience from poor to average.

- A huge noise from cafe bars across the street all night,you can not sleep,except if you close the window and little minimized the noise from drunk peoples from the street where the Hotel is. - Man from reception request whole payment amount in advance,immediately when we check in!!! - Weak and poor breakfeast, especially if you come later, for 8.90EUR is for mark 0 ( zero )!Man from reception also request payment in advance for breakfeast for whole stay!

Excellent location.Short walk distance to center and Marienplatz.Nice cleanlinees of bathroom and generally room at all.

Ok for a night.
    • Standard Single Room

It could have been cleaner. It's not the most quiet stay, even towards the back. But that's expected in that location.

I had problems with the room, but I could change room quickly without complications. I liked the bed. Very close to subway.

The photos of the room I booked were not the room I received. I was pretty disappointed, especially with the bathroom. The bed was uncomfortable, and it was very noisy. I paid more than necessary purely because I thought I would be in a room of the same quality of the photos, I was not. It seems like there is nicer hotels in the area for less money. The staff do not speak great English, which I do not expect, but they did not seem happy about the fact I could not speak German. One staff member looked angry every time he saw me. I did not feel comfortable at this hotel and wish I had booked somewhere else. Thankfully it was just for one night.

Location. One of the staff members, the woman who checked me out, was very nice and friendly.

I would stay there again. Location to train station was good. I would know better what to expect.

Bar across the street on a Friday night was loud until 1:00am. Our “quiet room” was right above it. When I checked out I mentioned that and the front desk said we should have contacted the desk, quiet time is 22:00.....what the heck front desk was right across from the bar! Night person could have noticed. Lost half night sleep. Our third person didn’t have much room and it was some sort of fold out chair. That wasn’t good.

The loacation was great once we learned where we really were. Room was clean, bathroom was clean.

ok price, nice location, but modern hostels are better.

room was small. bed was super uncomfortable, i arrived home today back still hurts. pillows were a joke made of cotton balls you could feel each one! halls were super old and seemed dirty. people behind service desk dint help at all, didn't even say hello when spoken to.. tiny tv, no fridge. NO SHAMPOO OR CONDITIONER! just soap. My hair looks terrible - NO BREAKFAST, nor coffee in the room. Nothing.

near marienplatz. walking distance to station and bus. they allowed me to drop my bag in a room before check in and after check in. in Easter 2018 it was a nice deal, 2 days,2 people 150 euros.

A good, clean hotel next to the city center and subway and streetcar station.

Clean facilities, friendly staff. Great location, located right next to the Old City, a U-Bahn station, and a Tram station. Easy to get to and from.

Good location and friendly staff
    • Standard Single Room

The soundproofing is really bad. The neighboors were rather load in the night, were listening to music, and I've heard it so good. Also when someone is opening a door on the floor, or just walking, seems that you hear every step. The room was really small, but for one person is okay.

The location can not be better, very close to U-Bahn station. The staff is friendly and always ready to help. The room was cleaned everyday, everything was very clean. There was a balcony.

Great location and professional staff

The staff is very kind and hotel in the great place (5 min walk to the centre of city)! there was 3 of us in the room, it was enough space and it was very clean. All recommendations

Friendly staff

Our room had background low volume noise (dampened by double glazing but not totally eliminated) until 4am Sunday morning from bar opposite.

Friendly staff Central location

Nice stay, I can reccomend

Older receptionist was a bit strange, but everything was ok. Room was a bit colder because of stopped heater at the room when we arrived.

Clean, cozy, good place. It's not very modern, but not so very old. It was comfortable enough.

Excellent location hotel could do with updating.
    • Standard Single Room

I have stayed at the hotel for many years, it used to be called the Bristol and now it has been taken over by Centro who have not updated the hotel but increased the prices ?. I was disappointed to find on checking out that CNN & BBC news were on channels past 100 !! the channels that I found had terrible interference on. would of been good to of known this on arrival !!

The location is perfect location for the underground as I was at the ISPO show the U2 line was only 50 paces away from the hotel. also there are lots of restaurants in waking distance

A clean simple no frills hotel close to the centre of town...

Underground parking was terrible it was very narrow and steep to get in, you could fit five smart cars in there at best. Don't use their facility there is public parking around the corner and down the next street, plenty of parking there.

A clean simple no frills hotel close to the centre of town and major shopping areas. Breakfast was decent and rooms are quiet if you request the upper floors. The 2nd floor is noisy at night due to a neighboring bar.

Munich is a great city to visit and this hotel was a good base for getting around.

It's very noisy at night at the front of the hotel as there's a club opposite. We could hear music and people standing outside talking until about 2 am even with the window closed. If you need quiet then ask for a room at the back of the hotel.

We found the staff very helpful and friendly. The hotel is in a good location for getting around the city. It's very clean and breakfast is good value.

good breakfast, clean rooms, excellent location, lousy parking.

Impossible underground parking, with columns in the driveway and 45 degree turning ramp to underground parking other than a smart car nothing fits!

Good value

Small rooms, didnt have still water for breakfast which we had to pay for.

Easy access to public transport and also very close to restaurants & city centre that u can go on foot. Kids under 12 dont pay for breakfast.

We arrived to the hotel early, and they were so lovely and...

Zilch. It was fantastic

We arrived to the hotel early, and they were so lovely and helpful. Had great luggage storage and a lovely breakfast. The man who checked us in was so fantastic and sweet. The location was excellent and the rooms were 100% clean, spacious and really nice. I would recommend this to anyone and everyone!

Would not stay there again.
    • Standard Single Room

Maintenance not up to snuff. Curtains were falling off the curtain rod and door had holes in it. Cable did not have any English channels.

Great location and a quiet room.

Great place, great price!

The single bed was a fold out chair, which made it slightly uncomfortable.

We booked a triple room that had a double and single bed. Location couldnt have been better. Staff and friendly and helpful.

You get what you paid for, done expect luxury.

No English speaking channels on TV. Afternoon/Evening front desk man was bad mannered and unhelpful. Front facing rooms do get noise from street below.

Front desk man very friendly who booked us in. Comfortable beds. Clean Room. Good location for shops/Christmas Markets.

Location sells this property!

The location is absolutely excellent. The hotel is only 500m away from the train station stop at Serdlinger Tor. Marien Platz is a gorgeous 10 min walk from the property

never again. this hotel should be removed from your list.

everything, reception extremely unfriendly . we asked for a quite room but we got a room on the main street, cannot sleep because of noise.

nothing at all.

Would never recommend to anyone!
    • Standard Single Room

An Awful experience...first they didn’t let me cancel with a family emergency and charged full price, the staff is incredibly rude, the room is just a bed, the glass on the window was broken, there is no refrigerator, the Internet is often not working, the building is in terrible condition, and at night the noise from the clubs is so loud it’s impossible to sleep...find another place, it’s not worth it!

Very good hotel but front desk could be a little bit better mannered

I had asked for a wake up call because I had an early flight and was out late the night before I set my clock too ! I never got the wake up call from reception when I questioned the receptionist he said he rang 343 I was staying in 341 ! I said r u joking me and then he said he rang 3 times which was a lie !! He told me he rang 343 ! I had asked for a cab which never arrived either so I had to run to train station in the hope of making my flight which I just did thankfuly ! Lesson learned is to either go to bed earlier or get a later flight

Being so central but yet so quiet cause it’s off the main streets

Good affordable hotel near Glockenbach

The pillows were the highest, bulkiest and most uncomfortable we've ever experienced. Both woke up with neck pain.. After complaining only one of them were exchanged to a normal sized one. Had to sleep without pillow.. bed and rest of hotel was good, so they really need to fix this important detail.

Good and clean hotel, great location for checking out Glockenbach.

I have been staying at this hotel (formerly Superior hotel Bristol) ehenever in Munich and will cont

Exactly at 07:00 when I had to take my luggage down to the lobby, the lift was in maintenance. I had to carry my luggage down the stairs. In addition was not possible to print my invoice.

Location. Wifi. Cleanliness. Breakfast. Helpful lobby staff.

Perfect for what we needed, within walking distance to most of the main attractions l.

Went in the fall and it was pretty hot in the room with no a/c. Can’t imagine what it would be Iike in the summers. While it didn’t really bother me much it is pretty noisy since you’re close to all the churches and road

Rooms are clean and the location is within walking distance of a lot of main attractions as well as the train station and city lines

Convenient location but expensive

Staff who checked us out was unfriendly and unaccommodating. We had two small bags that we asked to leave at the hotel until our train (approx 4 hours). He said they were unable to hold them due to not having room. I don't mind that there was no room but did mind the mannerism of the employee.

Convenient location

Pleasant, except for the check in process.

At arrival the man at the reception didn't spoke much English. He told us to come 1 hour earlier then the normal time for check in (which we did appreciate, but we did not request it). When we came back for the check in he suggested a bribe for this, because of the language barrier I am not sure if it was a joke or not, I hope it was a joke. And although I showed him my printed reservation more then once (which he ignored and where it was clearly stated that I have a triple room) we were put in a double one with an extra extendable bed which was not prepared. And when asking to prepare the third bed he tried to tell me that I have booked a double room, not a triple one. Finally we got our third bed but the whole check in experience was not the best of my life and that man was always behaving like he was doing me favor after favor... favor that I didn't ask or that it was actually my right and for which I did pay more then 100 euros/night. I now it is not his fault (or the hotel's) that Munich is so expensive but still. But I have to mention that after the check in our experience in this hotel was a nice one, this was our only problem with the hotel.

Very good location near to metro and downtown, with a small park nearby (our kids were happy there until the check in time). We didn't try the breakfast but it is good that the hotel has this option. There is a good restaurant nearby (and another one in front of the hotel, not tested) and also a pub/bar. It was clean and quiet. This hotel was a good choice for us.

Average property

While it was advertised that there were 3 beds for a triple room, one was a very uncomfortable sofa bed. As with most munich hotels, hotel did not have air conditioning. Warm summers do not go well with a stuffy small room.

Clean washroomz

Disappointing room for the money

No air con, no fridge, no safe. Came back to the room long after the cleaners had been, to find our door left wide open - we easily could have been robbed. Room wifi was broken. Room needs refurbishment

Close to underground station

Good location, no enough parking spaces and small room

The first night I had to park in the street because they do not have sufficient parking spaces. The room was small, not enough for a family of 4 members.

The location is good, the U-bahn station is just passing the street

Great location at great price.

Bed too soft

Excellent location near all tourist main spots. Could walk to Marianplatz and Karlplatz. Hotel next to Selinger Tor metro station and tram lines. Room a bit small and the bed creaky and mattress too soft but bathroom excellent and modern. Breakfast great value at 8.90 euros for cash strapped SA tourists

Close to an underground stop, handy location to walk to...

Certain staff were not the most friendly to deal with and the English/German language barrier proved difficult at times with looking for information/directions or reporting a problem with the room.

Close to an underground stop, handy location to walk to around the city, Wifi was good, room was a adequate size for a couple, has a bath, good shower, clean room.

Great price for short stays in Munich

My room was headed right to the street side, so it was quite noisy at night, especially the bar in front of hotel(plus drunk people) was a problem. The furniture and interior of the room is so old-fassion like 80-90s style. If you dont expect romantic moments but just plain tourist time, it's totally fine though. Check-in staff didnt give me receipt of payment and check-out staff was so grumpy and treated me like I am an unpleasent being for him.

Basic but nicely prepared breakfast (8.90EUR per person). Good location from Altstadt and subway stations. WIFI connection speed was ok to use, it was always disconnected from my device though. I used a twin-beds room and it was clean and big enough. Bathroom was also great.

Would NOT recommend. Opted not to stay there on last night we had booked...it was that bad.

This was a long walk from train station pulling luggage and area was a bit sketchy. No fan in room and much too hot to enjoy. Room faced noisy street with people outside drinking and talking very loudly well into the morning.

Great value hotel in an expensive city

We were in Munich during a summer heat wave, so the rooms were very stuffy at night even with the windows open. Please be advised if traveling in the summer.

Munich is an expensive city, so my friends and I were seeking comfort, location, and value. Centro Hotel Mundial checked all of those boxes. The hotel is about a 10 minute walk from Marienplatz, right adjacent to a U-bahn stop (Sendlinger Tor), less than five minutes from another S-Bahn/U-bahn stop (Karlplatz), and a five minute walk from an undergound shopping mall beneath Karlplatz. The rooms were plenty spacious with bed, desk, and small walk-out balcony. The bathrooms were very spacious with a large vanity area and full bathtub. The staff was friendly enough and helped us arrange an early morning taxi with no problem at all.

A nice stay in Munich.

The fact that there was no aircondition in our rooms. Rooms have no tea/coffee facility. Our room had no refrigerator.

The location of this hotel is excellent. Rooms are clean and beds are comfortable.

Location is great, metro station is just next to the door,...

No air condition, no don't disturb sign

Location is great, metro station is just next to the door, just one stop to Marienplatz, the central square in the city centre of Munich

Never again!

Noisy var in front and under. No a/c or vent, nothing. Some of the staff where really friendly. But the "false Santa" how the kids called him, was rude, unpolite and impacient. Really a guy on the wrong job!!!

Don't stay here. Tiny room over noisy street.

Had to sleep with window open due to summer heat & humidity. Room was really hot. Worst part was all the street noise and people drinking and yelling right below our room. Also, bathroom had no vent, so it also got very warm.

Beds were ok.

Never mind the location feel the heat and the noise.

Grumpy reception staff. The car park was incredibly difficult to park in and unsafe. There was no air conditioning other than in the reception and breakfast room which is great for the staff but not the customers. There is no bar or restaurant on site but the one next door seems to have been sold off by the hotel and was soulless. There is an all night bar open directly opposite the hotel with very loud and very drunk customers signing to or shouting over the loud thumping music which goes on until 4.00 to 4.30 am in the morning and as there is no air con you have no choice but to open the windows when it is hot. This place is at best a B&B and not a hotel at all.

Location to central Munich was good and the rooms and breakfast room were clean

The worst experience ever!

Internet didn´t work at all! Everybody complaining about it and no one in the hotel gave answer for that. Hotel is far from downtown. Breakfast is pool. It´s not worth it, definetely. Is is the only option in town, I would recommend you to change the dates.

Nothing! The worst experience ever.

Mixed review - Just so you know.....

Front desk not as knowledgable as they should be - most likely due to no or improper training - one exception was a new employee - on night shift - just started July 5, 2017 - hope they can retain him!! No air conditioning - hot and noisy in july. Very noisy -work crews in early morning and Bar across the street at night!! Not best neighborhood - but only 15 minute walk to train station and Mariensplatz area. No pool, restaurant, bar or guest laundry - a very basic minimal hotel. 55 min taxi to Munich airport - expensive - $88.00.

The front desk staff spoke broken English - some were helpful and some not. The Breakfast staff and housekeeping were good. The breakfast was $10.00 per person and was good. Location was good - 15 minute walk to good area attractions. Mozart Restaurant and couple others minutes away.

Very centrally located hotel

The staff doesn't speak proper English & couldn't cater to the queries of my American guests.

The location of the hotel is right at the centre & the Underground station is just 1 min walk from the hotel.

Great hotel for staying in Munich

Room size. Free coffee timings in the lobby.

Location close to the U bahn/S bahn network. Accessibility fantastic. Beautiful garden close by - nice, large and worth visiting.

Too noisy for families

Room far too noisy (pubs, traffic) and sweaty (no ac) for a family with two young kids. In spite of several attempts to get a quieter room (we stayed five nights), the staff was unable to accomodate our wish. Unfortunately we did not sleep well during our stay.

i dont know booking .com need more screen and verify hotel well and they need recomend clients after

reluctantly help client and no internet ,no air conditioner. it is far from main station by walk.

no internet- not working- very rude staff. their staffs complain their hotel never invest their facility. if you want to relax,please dont use this hotel.

Cheap but loud surroundings

The area outside was very loud, not only with people but also traffic. It was very hot 75+ degrees and the rooms had no A/C so the windows needed to be open. The sound from the cars and bar across the street during the night were very loud in the room

The beds were comfortable

the location was good.

- the area is noisy on weekends because of those bars front of the hotel and the room has not any air conditioner, you have to open the window at summer. - the parking place is not enough for all the guests and we had to park the car in the street and move it at early morning. be aware of 13 euro parking fee of the hotel per night.

the location was good.

Room and bathroom was clean

There was no air conditioni g in the hotel Staff could be faster during check in and check out Also they shall be more friendly and helpfull One of them was talking as a teacher punishing the students

Room and bathroom was clean Hotel has a parking garage and additionally it is possibe to park easily around Location was perfect

you get what you pay for

very warm small room, balcony covered in bird poo. Walls not very noise proof could hear the lift.

Cheap hotel central to Munich, had everything we need if not everything we'd want. Staff were Helpfull and location was excellent.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

A super location

The pillows were too big and hard. Smaller softer pillows as an option would be great. Didn't like the crack down the middle of the 'double' bed.

Position

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

Very clean and well maintained, very reasonable breakfast

No air conditioning, than have to keep windows open and consequently noisier. Receptionists were Indiferent so to say and are not a "competitive advantage" for the hotel, on the contrary.

Very clean and well maintained, very reasonable breakfast

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

Cheap and cheerful

So much noise from the street

Property was a good value for money, free wifi rooms were nice and clean along with a spacious bathroom. Beds were comfy and breakfast was included overall a nice stay

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

Nice facility though.

I found the bed too hard and got a backache to turn over or get up but was ok after moving around. It was very noisy outside on the street with drinkers hanging out loudly keeping us awake.

Excellent breakfast and nice spacious room.

Beaware-NOISY TILL DAWN..

Noisest place Weve ever been in, Nightclub, and Loud late Restaurant, LÖUD till 5:00-6:00 AM IN MORNING. Beaware, dont go if you plan to sleep at 11pm, because thats when the loud People, Music, yelling, Street people NOISE Starts... Horrible...

NOTHING.. Noisest place ive ever been in, Nightclub, and Loud late Restaurant, LÖUD till 5:00-6:00 AM IN MORNING. Beaware, dont go if you plan to sleep at 11pm, because thats when the loud People, Music, yelling, Street people NOISE Starts... Horrible...

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

Location is its best asset!

Unfriendly stuff and even though it didn't bothered us, there is a Nightclub till 3am open in front of the Hotel, and even if you close the windows it is still very loud.

Location was great!

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

The bathroom was the nicest part.

The beds are two singles.my back hurt because I slept in the crack. Plus you you get two single duvets as well! It was cold.

The bathroom was the nicest part. Very clean and a nice bath. The location was good and had lovely restaurants near by.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

Munich is safe to travel and people are friendly
    • Standard Single Room

TV was not working and no internet in the room, there was in the reception area

the location very close to the Sendlinger Tor underground - UBahn that gets to a lot of central locations. The staff all speak english and helpful especially the man with the white beard very professional and well informed.

Minus the wifi, it was a good stay.

Wifi wasn't working in the rooms, could have been better if this was not an issue.

The rooms were comfortable and quiet, balcony was surely a bonus. The breakfast was good and the Sedlinger Tor underground station is near.

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

good business pad in the centre of Munich
    • Standard Single Room

WIFI very tricky and slow (at least on my 3rd floor) could do with a general refurbishment.

good breakfast buffet. rooms on the back of the hotel are nice and very quiet. Easy location near to tramway and underground. good desk space.

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

Great place to stay in Munich.

Hotel is near a hospital so a lot of ambulances go by but with windows closed it was very quiet.

Room very comfortable and the location was great. Just outside the pedestrian zone and a short walk to center of town. Both trams and U bahn steps away. There is a great restaurant next store/ Mozart, and a terrific bakery for snacks or breakfast a block away - Zotll

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

Economy Hotel

Room was Cold, Internet connection was sometimes unstable

Location (very near to MarienPlatz), Train Station is in front of the hotel, Price, Nice Terrace in the room but it was closed

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

Despite of…..Value for money

Poor signal in the room. Very confusing network.

Location - step away from the Sollinger Gate U-bahn. 15 min walking distance to the Marien Platz - Downtown. Very nice staff and free coffee.

• Reviewed: 10 February 2017

Good centraly located small hotel

WIFI needs to be constantly logged into. No bar/communal areas small

Great location next to metro. Friendly staff and good breakfast. all things considered a good choice for central Munich

• Reviewed: 8 February 2017

Great location for ISPO and city centre
    • Standard Single Room

Could have done with an extra pillow, but that's all

Great location for city centre and access to metro; nice and quiet and instantly made to feel very welcome.

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

It's waaay too expensive for what they offer. it's not a hotel; it's a room with a bed. No internet on the rooms, no vanity kit, no slippers. If i weren't paying that much i wouldn't mind anything. Also i called once before booking and once after telling them that i need two separate single beds and when we get to the room they brought a foldable bed; i mean we are not 6 years old. other than that great location, and the breakfast was 8,50euros which is not bad even though it was very basic.

Browse Centro Hotel Mondial traveller photo gallery