Reviews of centrovital SPA & Sports Hotel This is the official star rating given to the property by an independent third party - the Hotelstars Union. The property is compared to the industry standard and scored based on price, facilities and services offered. Use the star rating to help choose your stay!

Neuendorfer Str. 25, Spandau, 13585 Berlin, Germany

#274 of 579 hotels in Berlin

Breakfast was only adequate, the hot items were only luke warm and I got the impresion they had been prepared hours before. The shower in the room changed from hot to cold at random, but apart from that the room was ok

Great location 15 minute walk to Rathaus Spandau or bus outside. Very clean hotel,did not use the Spa facilities but they looked excellent. Nice bar enjoyed watching Germany v Mexico world cup game eating very good chilli con carne

Roof bar closed due to bad weather, it was 22 degrees and sunny! 22 euros for buffet breakfast a bit pricey for what was on offer.

Great rooms, comfy beds, courteous staff. Fantastic pool and gym facilities.

The food and service in the bistro isn't that great. Better to go to the restaurant! Breakfast is amazing (but not cheap), but unfortunately missing real fresh fruit and more healthy options.

Nice view, wellness area is really great, room very comfy.

• Superior King Room

It didn't affect me but perhaps the gym/swimming pool could open a little earlier in the morning, at say 06.30, to facilitate those who are on a business trip.

Everything; sports facilities, food, drink, room comfort.

A lot of the staff could use a little more training in being more guest-centric and service-oriented, a warmer welcome, smiling more frequently and being more helpful with recommendations or simple requests. It would add a lot to the experience. I had my 83 year old parents visit a few time and took them to the restaurant for breakfast buffet and when my father asked the staff for a glass of water, they pointed across the restaurant to where you can get the water, instead of helping my dad with his request and bringing him a glass as he can barely walk and had crutches next to him. There were a few examples like that showed little grace by the staff. On the first night, we had dinner in the restaurant with my baby, and the food and the stress from the travel did not agree with him and he suddenly vomited all over the baby chair. We understand that this is never a beautiful sight but he's just a little baby and I know that in other countries and places people would have reacted very differently, more compassionately and offered help. The looks and comments were of disgust and intolerance! We had to clean up by ourselves and had little help from the staff. I also got no help when we checked with my luggage. I had 4 big bags, a stroller and a baby to bring down and they told me that they couldnt help me because nobody was there yet but i could come down and get a luggage trolley. So don't expect amazing service by the hotel employees but enjoy the hotel facilities because those are great for the price.

The hotel is conveniently located if you are looking for a place close to the airport. The taxi costs between Euro16-25. We enjoyed the facilities of the hotel very much and it's great value for money. The hotel has a fantastic spacious and well equipped pool/jacuzzi/sauna and fitness club with a gym and fitness classes all day (open till 11pm during the week) and a great spa and ayurvedic center attached to it, and they have a child care center where you can drop your kids if you want to go work out for a few hours or get a massage at the spa. It was the perfect hotel to go with our 1 year old son as it allowed us the health options while giving our child playtime. The rooms are very clean and comfortable, and we surely will be returning again on our next visit to see my family in Berlin. The breakfast is good but could use a bit more variety for guests who stay longer. We stayed 10 days.

No air condition in a superior room, too warm to keep windows closed. Very, very expensive for 3 nights over 200.00 € per night. It did not suit us with our busy schedule to use any of the wellness facilities.

Bed was very comfortable but very noisy through busy aircrafts from Airport.

THE STAFF: Unfriendly - Germans would call it "pampig" - throughout the whole journey (reservation on the phone, breakfast staff, etc.), super unorganized upfront to our stay (wanted to cancel our room and sent conflicting emails about it), uninformed on the phone. Checkout time is at 11am and at that time there was only one person at reception and a huge line of ppl trying to check-out. Breakfast ends at 10.30, staff didn't want to let us enter the room at 10.28 and commented in a very unfriendly manner

Rooms are nice, breakfast is ok (though I believe not nice enough for 4 stars), did not try the spa but heard from other guests that it was nice

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

The interior of hotel rooms needed to be renewed. Opening the doors with cards was complex.

The room facilities were quite old. But the hotel and its surrounding area was nice. Breakfast and sport facilities were wonderful.

• Reviewed: 13 January 2017

Receiving mixed messages from staff on different days regarding whether breakfast was included with our booking. Upon leaving the hotel, the desk attendant refused to believe we had prepaid in full for our stay, and we had to load up bank statement to prove it. This soured an otherwise amazing stay, though not enough to prevent us coming again.

Spa facilities and sauna sessions

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

Location for Berlin tourists isn't the best but is an easy transport journey to the city centre, around thirty minutes.

Excellent facilities especially the health suite. Very clean and comfortable. Felt special as soon as I walked through the door.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

Breakfast was not included and for what the room cost that was inexcusable. I was in Europe for 5 weeks in 4 countries and this was the only hotel not to include breakfast. The restaurants in the hotel were all closed on Sunday. There wasn't much in the vicinity in the way of eateries either.

Nice room. Plenty of space in it. Nice facilities. Loved that it had a mini-fridge in the room. They even put in two bottles of water each day. Food market nearby. Near to a bus stop. Very helpful, pleasant staff. Sauna facility was decent but not exceptional. Had a covered parking facility most appreciated. Had a robe and slippers for the Sauna in the room. Always a nice touch.

• Reviewed: 6 August 2016

Extremely cold and unwelcoming. The whole place gave the impression of stepping into an airport/railway station departure hall. The hotel was hidden away and difficult to find. We stayed the rest of our holiday at the Ibis, Spandau, which although relatively basic, was very good value for money - the Centrovital was not. Probably ok for business travelers.

Room was adequate.

• Reviewed: 16 July 2016

It is very loud as the planes starting and landing at Berlin Tegel fly right above the hotel. Even with earplugs I woke up every time.

Very nice room, lots of light, nice bathroom. Excellent breakfast. Very helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 4 July 2016

• Superior Triple Room

When we arrived we had to wait 1/2h for check in, although there was only 1 person before us! The staff did not even try to be quicker - they just did not care about us. There was one bed missing in our room! So we had to call the staff and ask for the bed. In addition location is in the middle of nowhere. Never again!

no air conditioning

spa

We had a wonderful stay here in centrovital hotel superb and very clean and all the staff is very helpful.

Excellent room and facilities. Really enjoyed our weekend

No air condition

• Superior Triple Room

I liked the Spa/Swimming pool. The staffs were friendly and helpful. The room was clean and it had comfortable bed.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

Location. Too close to Tegel. Really loud. Room was looking at the parking.

Really good SPA. High recommended for a day !

• Reviewed: 25 July 2016

Expensive and needs renovation

• Reviewed: 2 July 2016

• Superior Triple Room

No air conditioning in the room, no mini bar. No towels, gel and shampoo in spa. Pool was closed.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2016

Location is very bad Staff are not helping They didn't respect your booking requests , they are totally unprofessional, don't leave your credit card information with them, they took money from me after I checked out and on my way to the airport

Nice health club

• Reviewed: 3 January 2016

The hotel did not take care of our request to have 3 rooms next to each other as we travel with small children . We had to move rooms on our second day of the stay. Expensive hotel and in addition we had to pay extra for the parking and breakfast

Good spa area

• Reviewed: 12 December 2015

The staff weren't particularly friendly and the service in the restaurant was adequate at best. Not impressed overall.

The Bistro bar was nice but not open enough hours and days.

• Reviewed: 29 October 2015

I sent 2 emails and left s voicemail in order to book a massage. Unfortunately I received no response and so couldn't get the trestment I wanted. I chose this hotel for the spa, so I was very disappointed.

• Reviewed: 15 September 2015

For wifi you need to log in again and again, this shouldn't be. If the server stores the devices mac address, it could give access for the time granted.

Staff terrific and professional, nice swimming pool and gym. Excellent room, good parking facilities. Perfect breakfast with great service. Nice bistro too.

• Reviewed: 14 September 2015

Offered gluten free bread at breakfast but to be honest the home made bread was not as good as the bought in bread that other hotels offer.

love the sports facilities, large gym & pool, good size room. Good business hotel.

• Reviewed: 3 September 2015

when i was in the room, it was warm, but there was no air-conditioner or fan inside.

The room is clean and pretty big, very confortible with the bed, and location is good, it like 1km from Spandou, old town.

• Reviewed: 27 August 2015

the poor choice of international tv channels and the low volume impossible to hear) of sky movies English version ! On the departure day you can't use the leisure center/ Spa once you checked out : it should be possible to access to the wellness area after 11 am.

The premium leisure facilities...

• Reviewed: 23 August 2015

Lack of air conditioning in hot weather. Location - beside residential apartments and busy road and on flightpath to airport - room really noisy as we had to leave windows open in the heat. Also the fact that the roof terrace could only be accessed via pool area and there were many naked people up there, not conducive to relaxing reading and sunbathing!

Pleasant and helpful staff. Great breakfast. Clean, large room with great shower.

• Reviewed: 11 July 2015

This was a second visit to this hotel. The staff were very helpful especially as I had arrived minus my suitcase. My flight to Berlin was via Amsterdam but my case was not loaded there. As soon as it arrived to the hotel the next day I was informed as promised. The chances are that when I am next in Berlin I will stay at this hotel again.

• Reviewed: 12 June 2015

Some of the staff were acting cold with a very rude behavior. Lack of attention to details as well. I had requested a tooth brush as I forgot mine and they brought me a shaving kit instead. Cleaning staff took the soap dispenser while cleaning and forgot to replace it.

Although location is a bit far from main attractions however it's a great health and leisure destination to relax away from city madness. The spa, gym and pool facility were great. I loved the gift idea in the minibar.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2015

pool closed on Sunday, small bistro closed on Sunday and Monday, many food on card wasn't available

Comfort, rooms, quiet except planes flying over,

• Reviewed: 19 April 2015

Staff- Did not speak much english. they would start off in german, then revert to english, even though they knew that i didn't speak german :( Did not advise us of many things- had to ask them about the wifi, where the breakfast would be, they should have recommended to reserve dinner.

The wellness centre is a plus and great pool etc. However maybe book the wellness stuff prior to arriving as everything was booked out. 20 minutes by car to Berlin city 15 minutes to the air port

• Reviewed: 6 March 2015

- nice spa & fitness zone: big pool, jacuzzi, sauna - responsive personnel - value for money service (clean & comfort rooms, spacious reception hall, free wifi, left luggage service, numerous lifts, buffet restaurant and bar-restaurant, etc.)

• Reviewed: 24 February 2015

For travelers for Berlin sightseeing - the hotel is located far from city center. But for those who need to stay in Spandau - this is the perfect choice.

Nice atmosphere. Amazing breakfast and spa facilities.

• Reviewed: 8 February 2015

Sound isolation between rooms is mediocre, as quite usual in modern buildings. Our loud evening discussions when we collected together in one room caused discomfort to our neighbours - sorry.

We stay in Centrovital every year in February for recent 9 years during Fruitlogisitca expo. Comfortable hotel with big hall at reception, few lifts for each of two 'wings' of building. Comfortable beds, the size of rooms is usual for 4* European hotels. All rooms equipment are standard for such level of hotels - nothing to say. Hotel has big fitness & spa zone with big pool, gym, saunas, jacuzzi, etc. - very big advantage. Personel always polite and do their job well.

• Reviewed: 25 January 2015

No hot water for shower on the last day of my stay. I was told that this was a problem that they experienced sometimes in the Spandau area. This does seem somewhat odd. If you hang out a card requesting no servicing of the room, to reduce the changing of bedlinen and towels for environmental reasons then the hotel offered a 5 Euro credit allowance for use in the hotel. I did this one day but did not receive this allowance. Upon questioning when leaving I was told that it would be corrected next time. Fine if I say again but if not? Also I do not think anything was noted for future reference.

Friendly and helpful staff. Location for what I wanted was very good. Good facilities and excellent breakfast. This would be a very attractive area in Summertime.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2016

Outdated room furniture, dim room lights

Great location, welcoming staff, comfortable stay.

• Reviewed: 2 March 2016

Bed a little firm

Great pool

• Reviewed: 23 January 2016

Small room , family room had no separate toilet

The gym

• Reviewed: 8 November 2015

Wellness en fitness

• Reviewed: 17 September 2015

Great 25m swimming pool. Friendly staff. Good wellness facilities

• Reviewed: 30 August 2015

The gym and facilities

• Reviewed: 26 August 2015

Booked this hotel because of it's swimming pool and it was great - good size, bright and right temperature for leisure swimming or just relaxing.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2015

they are frindly & helpful

• Reviewed: 13 August 2015

They need to make sure cot it placed near lamp wires and cables in the room.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2015

Location and staff specialy " jecica " Front dest very helpfull

• Reviewed: 29 June 2015

Rooms appeared not to have air con

Excellent breakfast and helpful staff

• Reviewed: 7 April 2015

Loved the pool and gym. Nice staff, good breakfast, good tapas in the bar. Overall a very nice visit.

• Reviewed: 18 March 2015

Expensive parking,

Nice hotel-spa, good prices, friendly staff, very good breakfast. Very near to sub and train station.

There are also 22 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse centrovital SPA & Sports Hotel traveller photo gallery