Reviews of City Hotel West This is the official star rating given to the property by an independent third party - the Hotelstars Union. The property is compared to the industry standard and scored based on price, facilities and services offered. Use the star rating to help choose your stay!

Moselstr. 35, Bahnhofsviertel, 60329 Frankfurt/Main, Germany

#219 of 221 hotels in Frankfurt/Main

5.9

5.6

5 min walking to the Frankfurt Central Station.

Building is a bit old. Right in the red light district. Hookers are around.

5 min walking to the Frankfurt Central Station. Receptionist was very friendly guy, even offered me breakfast at 6AM.

Worst Place to stay in Frankfurt !!!!
    • Double or Twin Room

For once I got bitten by bed bugs as the bed sheets were not changed !!!! The floors were not cleaned !!!!!

I did not enjoy anything in the property !!!!!

Dirty rooms
    • Quadruple Room

Front desk was very friendly and helpful with the hotspot passwords. Breakfast was good and dining area was clean. Close to train station to get out?

afraid I won't be back .

location tricky and awful . Tricky being that one street over the moseler Strasse is completely different That can,t be helped . the floors in the rooms seemed clean but were ok All the fittings were filthy and lots of dust, bathrooms reminded me of my student time traveling round India . Sorry to give this comment as I'm used to staying in all sorts of hotels, lodges etc of different price classes to

hotel must cost at least £15 a day not more because, the street are full of prostitute and druggy
    • Double or Twin Room

The online room picture are not the same as the room. I was really surprised when I see my room. The hotel are not a 4 star

Just the hotel are close the trains station

Not what I was expecting

The hotel is surrounded by sex shops. Booking.com map does not provide street view so I got a surprise. Each time I left or arrived at the hotel I had to run the gauntlet of offers of sex shows. The street was really noisy from 9pm until 5am on both Saturday and Sunday nights.

Friendly and helpful staff. Complimentary breakfast. Near main train station.

Bad experience
    • Double or Twin Room

It was very noisy..they knock on our door in the middle on the night trying to enter the room, so i was not feeling safe anymore after this incident...the area is not very secure, i can not rate it as a 3* hotel and is way to expensive for what is offered. I would not recommend further this hotel, should be taken out from booking.com

The rokm was clean

Good hotel in a very bad street
    • Double or Twin Room

The street where the hotel is located in a very dirty street where prostitution pubs and drug addicts are spread and you can hear screams and quarrels all night long. I would not recommend staying at this hotel especially for families with their children I did not know that the hotel was in this dangerous street when booked using booking .com

The staff was cooperative and nice, the location near the main station in Frankfurt.

The worst experience of my life
    • Double or Twin Room

The room was smelling strange, towels not clean, a lot of noise coming from street. Overall, I would not give 3 stars, as an average maybe 1 star.... there were lot’s of night clubs right next door to hotel and some strange guys... i didn’t felt secure or managed to sleep after 1am... i would not recommend the hotel!

For wifi you have to pay extra fee.

Good that it's over.

It's hard to find something we did like. Breakfast was terrible and partly from the day before. Room was ok, although the shower turned out to be mouldy and drained into the hotel room. Check-In took about 20 minutes and it was impossible to get a second key for 3 people sharing a room. Sad.

Clean and friendly staff

The location. The taxi, I have asked the receptionist how we should pay for taxi, he said by “meter”. Them to took taxi and when we arrived the airport the meter show 16 euros + but the driver asked us 44. It was embarassing. If the receptionist told us the normal prize from hotel to airport, there is no problem but telling “meter” and asking differently is so bad.

Clean and friendly staff

We noticed that the hotel is in the red lamp district. Lots of drunk/high people. Environment----

We were staying at room 301. There was mould all over the bathroom. There were no kettle, to make tea. Everything inside the apartment was at least a little bit destroyed. Walls, floors, the ceiling. Outside the windows the view was frustating. The district near the station is filled with adult shops and clubs, drunkards and druggies. The street literally smelled like excrement and the smell of itis really better than the view that you can get in the same street the hotel is in.

Everything was so-so. We were there for one night so that wasn't catastrophic.

It was ok would not book there again based on the location of the hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

The shower was dirty and the room smelled like mold. It’s was nothing like on the pictures. The view was horrible and I looked onto a dirty molded roof. The rooms were not sound prove as advertised and I heard everyone’s conversation in my room. The location will be perfect for those how likes brothels. Very dodgy for females to stay there by them selves.

Reception staff was nice.

Good value for money

A little dated

Hotel was clean bed and pillow were just right breakfast was very nice lovely fresh rolls and English breakfast tea 😊 The staff were very helpful and good location for hotel

Good for one night, but may be the right location for brothel lovers
    • Double or Twin Room

Hotel is not of the latest standard. Windows did not close properly and during the night noise from outside can be heard at any time.

The hotel is close to the Frankfurt central railways station. It can be reached within 5 minutes walking time from the cetral station. Shop are near by. However, beware this is the brothel area of Frankfurt.

Nice trip in the heart of Frankfurt .
    • Double or Twin Room

Cleanliness was not up to the mark . The bed was not comfortable and pillows were not clean.

The staff was very polite and helping, especially the Indian boy during the night . He helped us get our train to the airport by giving us the right directions and helped us very much in the early morning at 4:00 am . The breakfast was also good and value for money . Location of property was very good . Very near to the central railway station . Poeple searching for night life , this is the best place to stay .

A small hotel with very convenient location, just a few...
    • Double or Twin Room

There is a lot of bars and night clubs in the area around. We had no problem with the noise however.

A small hotel with very convenient location, just a few steps from the main train station in Frankfurt, from the Main tower and from the city centre. The location was very convenient. In the room there was everything we needed and the room together with the bathroom was kept very clean. The wifi was working very well. Good choice for breakfast and nice and helpfull stuff.

Better than expected considering the location but cleanliness was questionable.
    • Quadruple Room

I didn't realize that this place was right in the middle of the red light district. For the location it was a little better than expected. The only major issue was the cleanliness. When we walked in there was poop on the toilet seat.

I liked the price of the hotel especially having a room with 4 beds for my friends and I.

There was a fan in the room
    • Quadruple Room

Definitely not kid friendly at all. Right in middle of red light district . Really rowdy and definitely not area for families in New Years in My opinion

There was a fan in the room

nice hotel for low-budgeted travellers
    • Double or Twin Room

the area, where the hotel is located - it is a redlight district

Excellent breakfast, the hotel is very close to the main railway station, very helpful staff

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

Horrendous.
    • Double or Twin Room

This has to be the most awful hotel we have had the misfortune to have booked. When I booked it there was no indication that the hotel was Located in the sleaziest part of Frankfurt imaginable, we were unnerved returning at night having to run the gauntlet of pimps’ and their prostitutes.

Large, but smelly room
    • Double or Twin Room

We arrived 2 hours after stated check-in time and the room was not ready yet. At least we we were offered coffee while waiting. The whole building smells like vinegar, and the room we stayed in also had a noticeable tobbaco smoke smell.

The room is large and has everything necessary.

Location is very bad.
    • Double or Twin Room

Location is very bad. It is a redlight district. The hotel is next to two stripclubs, and prostitutes are all over the area.Not the safest place.... The hotel is fair for the price, and the staff is frendly!

3 out 5 would be my mark
    • Double or Twin Room

It was unfortunate that the satff wanted to charge me at the begining 25 Euro for my guest excluding his breakfast. At the end he hust charged me 15 Euro. It was some noise out of the street

Breakfast Location

Close to central station but inside a red area.
    • Double or Twin Room

The hotel is situated inside a red area with noisy and drunk people specially at night. The first night they gave me a room at the front without Curtains. Second and third night they moved me to another room at back. It is quieter but room is small in size and the bathroom also small specially the washbasin. The wardrobe was without hanging bar.

Staff are very friendly and helpful. Location close to Frankfurt Central Train and Tram Station.

Horrible!!
    • Double or Twin Room

Nichts!! sehr, sehr, SEHR schmutzig!!!!!! Was a nightmare! Breakfast tables were dirty. Even coffe cups were dirty. Around the juices little flies were like at their home. The elevator was always dirty and had seeds shells and wrapping papers. The room was dirty and and I asked to change. In the new one the WC was dirty with pooh, horrible experience overall. I wouldn t recommend. I stayed there only because everything else was booked because of the fair, but in hindsight, I would have NEVER chosen that.

Fair

It is located in the middle of the red-light district of Frankfurt (which is not nice) and we were not aware of that till we arrive. This detail should be part of the description of the hotel.

It is pretty closed to the train station Nice breakfast

Very good value for money.
    • Double or Twin Room

Light is not bright enough for reading and one of side lamps does not work.

Excellent place, clean, tidy and friendly staff. It is also close to the Central Tram and Train station. It is really good value for money.

Better be avoided!

Looks they cheated me.

i mentioned i will checkin early, they charged me full night amount, even without asking me. Also rooms are so dirty, all the tiles are broken, washrooms are in bad condition. Better avoid this place.

Stay away from this hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

Everything was terrible. NEVER book an hotel here. NEVER! The street is full of prostitutes trying to approach you, you are surrounded by brothels. There were many gypsies fighting with each other on the street. Drug addicted and homeless people sitting on the street and walking around like crazy. Mattress was hard like stone, bathroom was poor. STAY AWAY FROM HERE.

The breakfast was okay.

I like the fact that it is very accessible.

If you're travelling with kids or family, please note that the hotel is right in front of some adult entertainment clubs. Nothing much to worry about as they only open at night.

I like the fact that it is very accessible. Very near the central train station connecting you to different places. Tram, Metro and trains are easily accessible. Staff are really friendly and helpful.

NIGHTMARE!
    • Double or Twin Room

This is not a "hotel", it is more of a slum house. I was absolutely furious that a place this dirty could have been recommended by Booking.com. There were cigarettes litered on the stairs and the non-smoking rooms smelled like an ash tray and people from the next door apartment complex would walk on the roof outside our window and look in. The staff did not care that any of this was happening. The breakfast is NOT compliementary, we found it on our bill during check in. I was livid because the food was stale and the milk was sour. This "hotel" is located in the drug ridden street and prostitue central. I am embarrassed I brought my family here.

I liked that this was located off of Kasierstr. It's a main eating area.

It's very noisy at night.
    • Quadruple Room

It's very noisy at night.Drunken men shouted at midnight and people rushed and talked loudly at night.The staff promised to drive us to the airport but he didn't show up, but the other stuff helped us call a taxi.The worst hotel Ihave been in during my 7-day trip in Germany

Overall I like it.

Have to clean out side of the windows. It's looks ugly. The environment is not good.

Overall I like it. The room and the bathroom are superb clean and tidy.

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

The hotel is clean and good,suitated near main bahnof,staff...

rooms were too small

The hotel is clean and good,suitated near main bahnof,staff is friendly and amiable by nature,price were reasonable and affordable

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

I will not suggest to stay in this hotel. The hotel is very noisy prostitution area.
    • Double or Twin Room

All. Location, price , cleanlyness.. don't get wrong with the picture the shown in the internet

Nothing .. totaly l was disappointed with this hotel . So expensive with the condition they give.?

All the basic needs of a hotel is provided

There are bed bugs

All the basic needs of a hotel is provided

One day to visit Frankfurt while waiting my flight home

Very noisy streets in the night. The location is a kind of red light district.

Good location. Close to the old city and central station.

Early check in
    • Double or Twin Room

Terrible location. Did nit feel confortable at wall. Wifi did not work in the room.

Early check in

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

STAFFS VERY FRIENDLY

WI FI VERY POOR, DISTURBANCE AT NIGHT

STAFFS VERY FRIENDLY

good place nearby the central railway station

it is located on the 'red light street' directly

normal breakfast for 1 night. good beds and bathroom

Cleaning and changing of towels must tell to reception and wifi did not responds to our iphones
    • Quadruple Room

Booking.com must exclude the hotels like this besides of sex shops for families with childs

Near all amentie , station
    • Double or Twin Room

To many beggers, homeless people,and more

Near all amentie , station

available when needed, located in center

bathroom and bed

available when needed, located in center

There is lift but 4th floor lift button is not working.

Location is rather not so save

There is lift but 4th floor lift button is not working.

Comfortable. Good value for money.

Very old rooms and extremely small basin in the bathroom.

Location was excellent, staff was friendly

Very good.

Proximity to red light area

All the staff

Clean and nice

Clean and nice

Extremely noisy in the night at the street

Extremely noisy in the night at the street

The location is very close to the train station.

The internet in my room was off, I stayed in the lobby just to get connections.

The location is very close to the train station.

Close proximity to train station, all restaurants, a park...

Was small and cozy with free breakfast

Close proximity to train station, all restaurants, a park and the red light district

Hotel and facilities up to standard for price. Nice and close to train station after long day travel
    • Quadruple Room

Area a bit dodgy..in red light road

Staff helpful and accommodating.

Too noisy as it next to lively area windows not double glazed

Near central station

Not clean

Near central station

Too old and not clean

Too old and not clean

The staff was helpful.

Breakfast was below normal, mostly repeated items..no variety..

The staff was helpful.and easy access to places.

Don't even bother trying. This hotel is not worth 10 euros per day. It's like being in libya

It's in d red light district with Arab music pumping all afternoon.

Good.

it’s noisy around the hotel.

It’s good atmosphere room.

Not what I expected

Location should be flagged up, it is located amongst strip clubs/ brothels

Staff were friendly and helpful

what the noisy surrounding!

the room is so - so

Comfortable for a short stay
    • Double or Twin Room

WiFi didn’t work in room

very close to train station ...nice room and very clean ..friendly staff
    • Double or Twin Room

I really enjoyed the stay..only few steps to train station...friendly staff

Value for money; Not for families though!

Sex industry in the area

good for sleep one night

the prostitutes in the street and in the enter of the hotel

Location, Breakfast

not quite at night

Location, Breakfast

Good room

Food

Room

cheap and nasty

all of it

prostitutes, red lights 24 hour discos and all next door, opposite - nightmare!

Worst Ever

the location is very bad in an unsafe area. Moreover, the receptionist was very mean and his attitude is unbelievable.

Great value for money.
    • Double or Twin Room

Great value for money. Very friendly staff and clean room. Great location for the station.

Good cost benefit
    • Double or Twin Room

The room temperature was a bit too hot.

Breakfast was great with fresh bread scrambled eggs and sausages.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

Great location!

The curtains didn't block out much light

Great location! Staff very helpful

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

BROTHEL
    • Double or Twin Room

This hotel is literally next to about 5 brothels, area is horrendous and no parking

Absolutely nothing

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

I liked nothing, we found mouse in the resturant during...
    • Double or Twin Room

I liked nothing, we found mouse in the resturant during eating brakfast

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

I would not stay there again. For $330 Euros with dirty walls, dirty fridge and located by sex shops

Location is horrible. Near sex and dance shops. I asked for early check in and the desk person asked for an extra 200 Euros. Crazy

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

lots of garbage left in the room.

lots of garbage left in the room.

There are also 45 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse City Hotel West traveller photo gallery