Reviews of City Partner Hotel Strauss This is the official star rating given to the property by an independent third party - the Hotelstars Union. The property is compared to the industry standard and scored based on price, facilities and services offered. Use the star rating to help choose your stay!

Juliuspromenade 5, 97070 Würzburg, Germany

#14 of 37 hotels in Würzburg

The hotel is right in the centre so easy access to the...

There is parking available at the hotel but you have to book even though the website says it is public parking nearby.

The hotel is right in the centre so easy access to the restaurants. Hotel very grand.

Good location, but we would not use the hotel again.

Restaurant staff (dinner) were not the most helpful, rooms small & in need of modern lighter decoration. Parking at the hotel was impossible on few space / never free, so parking is in public parking next to Hotel.

It location is good for seeing Wurzburg, Reception Staff friendly, good breakfast.

Central location.

Smallish double room (but reasonably-sized bathroom). Cheap-looking furniture. Noisy at night from bars across the street. Wifi slow and erratic.

Central location. Room and bathroom seemed very clean, powerful shower.

I will visit with pleasure.

Parking can be an issue. The hotel has few parking slots. There is underground garage next to the hotel.

Hotel greatly accessible, next to the old town. Hotel exactly as expected. Good value for money.

The staff were friendly and the location was amazing!

Although the bed linens and general cleanliness was good, the rooms were tired and needed some paint. And on my second night stay I saw a lot of bugs crawling from behind the headboard

The staff were friendly and the location was amazing!

A nice stay in the city center

We are so disappointed with the weak free WiFi. The shower water drain does not work well.

It is a nice room with A/C. Bed is comfortable. The room space meets my expectation. The bathroom is nice equipped and we enjoyed the strong shower water pressure while taking shower. The location is great and convenient - easy walk to POI.

Good choice for standard-comfort inner city stay.
    • Superior Single Room

Might get noisy from the outside because of passers-by.

Very nice situation close to the main station and in the historic city centre. Friendly and diligent receptionists. Very clean bathroom, with all appliances.

Excellent location and facilities

Breakfast is OK. But it would be better If they provide fresh fruit and more choice of bread

Excellent location and room rate. It was a steal for what we paid for.

Short stay for business. There's a bar next door, which can render the place noisy.
    • Comfort Double Room

The hotel is located next to a bar. While I understand it is nearly impossible to solve this, better windows may be installed to better isolate the room from street noise.

I liked the breakfast. It had most of the things I expect in a morning meal. I wished it had had more variety in the cooked items. The staff was friendly and spoke English, which is good given my lack of German skills. The location of the hotel is great, since it's right in the heart of town and one can find plenty of shops and restaurants nearby.

Handy location
    • Comfort Double Room

An excellent location,10 minute walk from the train station, a tram stop outside and a few minute walk to the square and within easy walking distance to the majority of sites. Suited our needs perfectly and the staff were helpful and friendly.

Didn't like it :/
    • Suite

I had a very bad first impression. A very nice old lady showed me hiw the elevator takes me to third floor, then I have to carry my bag one more floor using stairs to reach my room, no help offered & i didn't ask for it. Then I wished i could just throw myself on the bed and sleep but I couldn't because the AC was off and the room was hot. Bed & Pillows; very fluffy pillow plus my heavy work schedule resulted with back muscle strain one morning, one of the worst! Small blanket; my feet are exposed most of the time. Annoying AC airflow. I had to close it and let the cool air come from the next room. Toilet chair is very high; your toes are almost hanging in the air. Breakfast starts 7:00am. My work schedule begins 7:30am so I couldn't enjoy breakfast.

Location 👍 Reception & staff 👍 Room space 👌 Balcony👌 Attention to guests needs👍

Only a short walk from the hotel to reach city center.

Only a short walk from the hotel to reach city center. A short walk to the river where we can walk along to city center, attractions and shopping area.

Excellent hotel for a short stay in Wuerzburg.
    • Comfort Double Room

The mattress was a bit uncomfortable and the cushions were too soft. This resulted in a less than ideal sleep.

Great location, very friendly and helpful staff, good breakfast. Check-in was smooth and hassle free. The room was as expected and quiet at night. The staff let us keep the car until late after check-out. Excellent hotel for a short stay in Wuerzburg.

We stayed for 2 nights.

Wifi need to be upgraded.

Convenient location, walking distance to some tourist attraction. Hotel room is very clean. Breakfast is very good. Hotel staff are very friendly. Highly recommended to stay at this hotel when you are in Wurzburg.

The location in Wurzburg was great.
    • Suite

The location in Wurzburg was great. Our room was perfect for the 5 of us. It had 2 washrooms and 3 separate sleeping areas. Our room was very quiet. The staff was very helpful.

Perfect overnight stop in Würzburg

Our triple room was small. The bathroom was especially tiny. Definitely bring your own shampoo/soap/etc.

The hotel is centrally located, easy walking distance to everything we wanted to see. There are a few parking spots immediately in front of the hotel which are free, also street parking all around (metered). Double bed was large and comfortable. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was great - warm and cold items, good selection. Many restaurants within a few minutes walk of the hotel.

Great hotel, situated well to explore Würzburg

No all positive

We all really enjoyed our stay, well situated to see all that Würzburg has to offer - another fascinating city to visit One night really struggled to get evening meal all city reserved but eat at hotel food was excellent

I love the German breakfast at this hotel -----

It was my second time staying here. The single room was not too small, with all the facilities as advertised in Booking.com. The location is perfect, only 3 stops from the main train station: You can buy a short-distance ticket (0.65 Euro) for the trip from and to the train station, or you can walk. The area is safe to walk around; and it is near the river and the center, if you care to walk to explore. There is no need for transportation unless you want to go far. The famous winery Julius Spital is also near the hotel. The German breakfast here was excellent--reminding me of the good old days when I first came to Germany in 1986. They serve good bread with cooked Nurnberg sausages hot and crispy bacons with eggs. I could only hope breakfast was included in the room rate.

very comfortable

The breakfast was very good, a lot of selections to choose from. Location was very close to the center of the city and we were pleasently surprised that there was a Easter market in the center of the city.

An affordable, comfortable three star hotel! I would stay here again!

There were no tea making facilities in the room. The room was small and dark. There was no hot water in the shower on the first morning of my stay.

The bed was very comfortable and the location is good. It is only a few minutes walk from the hotel to the town centre. The staff were very friendly, courteous and helpful - I couldn't fault them in any way!

Large enough room to fit our family
    • Suite

Our room was confusing to find, no parking on site, staff who initially checked us in ( I believe she was the manager but not sure) was not friendly or welcoming, only helped us minimally

Large enough room to fit our family

1. Reception staff super friendly and helpful, among the...

1. Reception staff super friendly and helpful, among the very best I've seen 2. Nice location, only 10 minute walk from station 3. Room very comfortable, has all facilities I need 4. Good breakfast

Overall it

Pay a bit extra to get the double rooms. We upgraded when we got there to a twin room which was great. The twin rooms are a bit small and have no view at all. Breakfast over the weekend was good but dwindled in quality and choice on the Monday and Tuesday.

Good location not far from station, trams outside front door and 50 metres from the Main River

The hotel is located in the center of the city, all the...

The hotel is located in the center of the city, all the attractions are easy to reach. The breakfast was good. Good wifi connection in the room. The hotel is a little bit old-fashioned, but it has its charm.

Overall, good value and great location

Smelt a bit of smoke (as in cigarettes) despite hvg a non-smoking room

Good value! Brilliant location and free parking out front. Excellent Butger & Bier restaurant within a few mins walk. Easy access to the old town. Trams out front. Adequate breakfast for €10 p/p

The location is good.

The building has only one very small elevator. When it was the time people checking in and out, it was very difficult to get in especially with big luggage and the elevator was constantly full. One more thing is, the sound insulation is bad. You hear people on the same floor talking to each other or knocking the doors. Also you hear shower from others. Was pretty loud. So if you are sensitive to noise, ear plugs might help a bit to get a nice sleep here.

The location is good.

Good location in city.

There was elevator right next to our room and it was quite loud all day and night. Mini shower booth.

Free parking (only if you get there earlier.) Cosy room. We did'nt know that there was no electric kettle at room. So, the clerk lent a thermos bottle to us, and we could make our baby meal warm. This was really nice service I felt. Good location to the city in walking distance.

Staff was extremely friendly and rooms were comfortable and...

Unfortunately our room was right next o the elevator and we could hear it every time someone took it until way past midnight. Not ideal. Stay away from room 234

Staff was extremely friendly and rooms were comfortable and clean. Breakfast had a good selection

Super friendly staff, great location and spotless...
    • Suite

It would have been nice to have a kettle in the room. We were there on a Saturday night a week before Christmas and it was quite noisy in the street outside.

Super friendly staff, great location and spotless accommodation.

Good breakfast

Only one tiny lift to accommodate 2 persons with luggage. Room with poor sound proof. Can hear the drunken people on the street at 2am and can hear people talking outside my room at 5am.

Breakfast with many varieties and good.

Perfect for the festival we were attending.

Room needs an urgent upgrade, damp hiding behind curtains around window sills. I don't like the fact that when I asked for a Double bed for me and my partner, we got two beds pushed together. One of us is always stuck in the middle. Separate covers also! Our room was next to the lift/elevator, that means we were kept awake all the way through the night with the noise of it lifting and dropping. It never ever stopped! Also there was a courtyard below us where deliveries were being made quite late into the night, and noise of van doors slamming and people talking echoed up into our room. Beware people who like to use a blow dryer/hairdryer!!! there is only a 1960's style dryer attached to the wall. You can't aim this at you hair at any angle, we gave up with it. Terrible design and kept turning itself off. Bring one with you!! Price is rather high per night for only a 3 star hotel.

Bed was comfortable and our room was a decent size. Bedding was lovely and fresh and clean. Hotel was conveniently placed, 2 min walk in town and just a little further to the Post place where our festival was being held. Plenty of restaurants and cafes in the surrounding areas. Also, there is a beautiful walk on the river. Very scenic.

convenient location
    • Superior Single Room

room is tiny and you can't very well move about inside the room. the girls at the restaurants (we had dinner) seemed all weary and tired of work, avoiding eye contact with customers. "it's just a job" and "hurry-up" attitude. rather crowded at breakfast, but it's a tourist city.

location is great, a few minutes walk to old bridge and market.

An OK stay if you are not too difficult.

Parking near hotel should be better explained. It is not easy to fing by yourself. The air conditioning is very weak so you have to open the windows. Therefore you expose yourself to the outside noise. Because there is a bar next door it makes it noisy at night. Not good! The room had a terrible bathroom fan that drove us crazy. It could have been cleaner. The corridor really stank!

Location was good. Staff were very nice.

Clean and spacious room, fantastic buffet breakfast with a...

Clean and spacious room, fantastic buffet breakfast with a very large choice. Very friendly and helpful staff. Excellent location: tram line opposite the hotel, five minutes walk to the city centre.

We had a wonderful stay at this hotel.
    • Comfort Double Room

We had a wonderful stay at this hotel. The staff speaks English and are very nice. The room had everything we needed, was very clean and comfortable. The location could not be more perfect for seeing the sites as well as shops, and restaurants. This is also a short walk from the main train station!

Good location for sightseeing.

Good location for sightseeing. The room was much bigger than expected. The car park wasn't so easy to access in the one way systems and we drove passed it the first time. It was underground by the right hand side of the small car park in front of the hotel.

Central location, friendly staff, quite large room, good...

It would have been an advantage to know in advance what parkhouse the Hotel had a discount agreement with. The room had no aircondition (my mistake - I should have noticed before booking) and the room got surprisingly hot even though the day temperature was only around 25 degrees.

Central location, friendly staff, quite large room, good breakfast that can also be enjoyed outside when the weather is good.

Great location, with easy access to train station and short walk to the river and picturesque restau
    • Comfort Double Room

Overall, the staff was superb: cheerful, helpful, adept at language switching. However, one young woman who worked the desk at night needs an attitude adjustment. She chided us on two successive nights, when we in fact had quite simple requests: Is the restaurant or bar open tonight for food and drink? May we check out now so that we don't have to at 5 a.m.? Wow: hostile response! The rest of the staff, from desk clerks to cleaners, were lovely, so despite that single clerk, we would go back.

The breakfast had many options and delicious rolls and cheese.

Practical location, good quality/price ratio

It's simply ok but nothing more

Very practical place. Ok for pur needs: short stay in the center, easy access, optional parking not expensive, breaksfast very good

The gem

The hotel is located very near the main city area. It's a cozy, old fashioned hotel. The bed is comfortable, the bathroom is big enough. The stuff is very nice. Everything was excellent.

close to the river, sight seeing places

a little dark in the room due to the surrounding buildings (view to the the yard), parking little difficult when not free in front of the hotel (I got the last spot)

close to the river, sight seeing places

Overnight stop in Wurzburg

Breakfast limited considering the 10 euro charge. Restaurant closed at 9.30 on Sunday evening (we arrived just after), although the helpful girl on reception pointed us in the direction of a good pizzeria that was still serving.

Great location in the centre of Wurzburg Room fairly basic but adequate for one adult and two children

location was great right in the city center conveniently...
    • Comfort Double Room

hotel has practically no lobby with the tourist buses coming and going the entryway to the hotel was often crowded my main criticism concerns the bathroom cheap plastic material around the sink the bathroom was kept clean but the shower was very slippery making it unsafe for older folks like myself to stand in the shower hotel didn't provide any mat to correct the problem the shower head let alone a button to call for assistance was screwed too tightly making the water stream difficult to control -- it was too strong and rough -- making a daily shower experience somewhat challenging

location was great right in the city center conveniently located to all main sights and the river cruise lines the hotel is an old traditional Bavarian-style place with the rooms tastefully upgraded the room had a refrigerator and a pleasant sitting area breakfast was very good healthy and plentiful the staff was friendly and helpful ready to answer our questions they provided us a free of charge map of the Romantic Road in both English and German

Perfect for Wurzburg

It was great; no complaints.

A lovely hotel, right in central Wurzburg. Perfect for a visit at any time. The staff were helpful. If you pay extra for the breakfast, you will have a treat.

Wonderful Stay!

Nothing. The stay was very pleasant.

The hotel was close to the attractions with transportation near by. Staff was very friendly. The triple room was spacious enough. Breakfast buffet selections were plentiful.

Great base to explore Wurzburg.

The room was very hot which made it difficult to sleep even with the window open. We arrived late so we had to park in the city centre multistory (5 min walk) as the hotel car park was full.

The hotel was in a great location - very central. The breakfast was fantastic!

We had dinner at the Wuertzburg restaurant.
    • Comfort Double Room

Individual stands to place suitcases on. Rather than a breakfast buffet it would be nice to be able to order a small breakfast at a lesser price. Seniors eat less these days...

We had dinner at the Wuertzburg restaurant...it was excellent. Waiters were dressed very professionally. Super choices on the speisekarte...Location is the best... Frau Maerz was very kind in showing us various rooms.

Good location, few may minutes walking to river or main...

Good location, few may minutes walking to river or main attractions. Good local restaurant within 5 minutes walking distance. Breakfast is good. Good garage parking (small car), better book the garage in advanced.

Lovely hotel in Wurzburg.

Parking is at a premium at this property. There are only about 10 spots for hotel guests in front of the building and if you're not lucky enough to find an open spot, you'll pay for parking at an adjacent garage.

The room was spacious and the breakfast buffet was wonderful.

Perfect location

Room rather warm. Missed aircondition.

Perfect location. Many good restaurants and bars within few minuts Walking. Close to citycentre and the river Main. Nice breakfast

Wonderful Hotel
    • Suite

Top floor required one flight of stairs after the elevator.

The room for three turned out to be a huge top floor suite with wonderful well-functioning AIR-CONDITIONING during a heat wave. Large sitting area, a spacious, king size bedroom and a small double twin room, huge bathroom with a tub spa and a sauna shower. Wonderful breakfast. Easy walking distance to tourist attractions and shopping. Great restaurant, "Wurtzburg". Lucky to get parking in front of the hotel.

Nice stay

The weather was extremely hot during our stay (June) and there was no fan or air conditioner in the room.

We spent only one night at the hotel and it fulfilled our needs. The room and bathroom were spacious, the bed was comfortable and the staff was very nice. We did not wanted to have the breakfast so we cannot comment on that. The location of the hotel is pretty good, near to the touristic spots. There is no parking at the hotel, but you can easily park at a public parking lot besides the hotel... and they give you some discount in the price! The city is amazing! A must see for the people traveling through the Romantic Road! We had a lovely stay there.

Great place, great town!

Easy walk from train station and to the main square and very close to the river) less than 5 min walk). The triple room was a perfect size for three people, and good AC for a summer day. Breakfast good too, and helpful staff. Very positive stay, and I would recommend definitely. Good price too. We really adored Würzburg, and the picnicking and wine drinking along the river on a Saturday night in summer was truly delightful!!

Excellent base for visiting this lovely city!

The only thing that could be improved is the wi-fi signal strength, which is erratic around the hotel- extra routers required!

Very clean, comfortable and ideally positioned to enjoy the attractions of Wurzburg, which we could reach on foot. The breakfast was substantial and everything one could want. We did not eat in the restaurant, just had a few drinks.

Good location, poor wifi, unhelpful reception.

We required the printing of one page. We asked at reception which had a big modern printer one metre away. In short shift we were informed that there was an internet cafe 5 minutes walk away. Really! What inconvenience. What would it have cost them, one minute to open a off and print. Management's attitude needs changing. The other main bug was poor wifi. Despite the hotel claiming free wifi os available, it is only a local Telekom hotspot external to the property. It was open, therefore insecure, unreliable with frequent dropouts and trouble at times to reconnect. For what one pays for staying there the wifi is not good enough.

Rooms are big, central location, reasonably close to the railway station being a flat 10 minute walk.

location, helpful staff, comfortable bed, air-conditioning,...

comparing previous booking quests´ experiences the breakfast was behind my expectation, but still good :-)

location, helpful staff, comfortable bed, air-conditioning, parking option (inner courtyard)

We came to the hotel and they said that they did not get our...
    • Comfort Double Room

We came to the hotel and they said that they did not get our booking from booking.com and they do not have the 5 rooms that we needed. At the end they did print it from their computer but still did not have the 5 rooms. They did give us alternative of 3 rooms but the whole story does not sound well. We were not happy at all.

A lovely town for a short visit

Very small rooms and tight shower/bathroom which led to a burn after contact with a very hot shower fitting, on a very delicate part of the body. Dining room staff not very helpful on requests for ice cubes in the room, required for medical purposes, wanted to charge for same. Late night noise from an adjoining property alley way beneath our window, apparently coming from some form of entertainment premises frequented by non locals?

A beautiful city with much to offer within easy walking distance of this accommodation. The apparent Senior, Judith, on duty at all hours, was very professional and good at her job. She performed miracles with parking issues and always had a great demeanour. Air con in the room was a bonus and much appreciated but not expected.

Good value for money

We had booked a triple room and were upgraded to a large suite with 2 large bedrooms and bathrooms. There was a terrace off the living room with a great view of the Marienberg Fort. It was a very hot day so the air-conditioning was welcome. The beds were a little hard but this was more than made up for by the other favourable factors. The location was easy to get to and leave onto the Romantic Road.

Fabulous hotel in lovely Wurzburg
    • Comfort Double Room

Fantastic staff, always helpful and smiling. Knew us and remembered our room numbers, what we liked at breakfast etc. Superb service. Lovely big rooms, clean and convenient place. Great hotel. A real gem

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

Staff was VERY friendly and helpful.
    • Superior Single Room

Disappointingly small room without wifi don't justify the high price. When you want to work, you need to go down to the lobby. My room faced a narrow street and there was noise most of the night.

Staff was VERY friendly and helpful. Good breakfast.

Good location near to main city sights.

Was promised parking but this was then not available when I arrived and I had to pay for parking in a nearby garage.

Good sized room and comfortable, reasonable value for money.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

Great place to stay

The shower was small and they ran out of breakfast items, however nothing really bothered us.

The hotel was a classic older hotel that had friendly staff and decent rooms.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

Good location for our stay.

When in the shower and someone in another room would flush their toilet our water would go straight to boiling ie we would lose all our cold water. This is very dangerous. The noise from the street at night kept us awake. Out of our 4 nights there only one night was quiet. Earplugs worked a treat. There is no English menu in the dining room, although there is a staff member who will try his best to interpret it for you.

Good location for our stay. Staff very helpful and spoke good English. Our room was suitable for our stay.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

Friendly staff in a friendly town

The bathroom was a bit small

Reception staff was very welcoming, they introduced us to the city and told us about places to visit, provided a city map. The hotel was easy to find and within walking distance to everything: train station, main tourist sights, restaurants. Breakfast was delicious!

Very good location in the center of Wurzburg, close to the...

the room rates could be a bit cheaper no access to cofee or tea after 10:45 pm

Very good location in the center of Wurzburg, close to the river, to the festung and tram stop facing the entrance of the hotel.

Nice location, good rates!

The friendly staff, especially the front desk receptionist who checked me in. For every question I had she answered back so friendly, caring and with a great smile, you start to feel relaxed, not that I wasn't relaxed but maybe more like you're welcome here. The rooms may feel basic to some but it works, I'm happy with my room so this is always subjective. Breakfast, great spread (please don't compare the breakfast's to a Shangri-La Hotel buffet...that's comparing apples to oranges), I myself love the Europe hotel breakfast and their spread was nice, if I could I would sit there longer and eat more, unfortunately we were on a schedule to hit the road (cycling the Romantic Road). Good location, easy to find, I would stay there again.

Good location, suited us for one night.

Shower leaked!!

Good location, suited us for one night. Easy walk to river and market area. Some free parks out the front but need to be early otherwise paid parking 2 minute walk. Good size room. Clean.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

Excellent location, near the river and a short walk to the...

Excellent location, near the river and a short walk to the town centre. We initially took a tram from Hauptbahnhof to the Hotel on our "City Mobil" ticket (Deutsche Bahn easy add-on)

Need some adjustments

Heater was not working. Noisy room, we could hear the elevator and the next door toilet. Very high pillows, not comfortable.

Great location. Parking at the side of the property. Friendly staff.

Nice but noisy

Everything was old and tired looking but clean. Could use an update. Extremely noisy all night until 5:00 a.m. People laughing, yelling, screaming, talking non stop on the street. Asked at the reception the next day but they didn't know anything about nocturnal noises.

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

Staff was very friendly.

The bathroom floor wasn't clean. It took very long to set the right temperature of the shower (was either too hot or too cold).

Staff was very friendly. Location is nice, pretty much right next to the river. Good breakfast.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

Undone by the shower thriller

Shower water temperature varied wildly, from cold to piping hot, and despite being used to handling such hotel showers in the past, this one managed to almost burn me. Minus points for shere dangerousness of such endeavours, especially early in the morning!

I got parking in a hotel garage, room was quiet as requested, bed comfortable, nice bath, WiFi worked.

Comfortable hotel in good location

Position was good, close to Christmas markets and lovely restaurants. Staff were friendly and helpful. Our luggage was stored for us as we arrived early. On-site parking was a bonus

Terrific location, clean and comfortable.

Great location, about two blocks from the marketplace and Christmas market, with several bakeries and restaurants conveniently close. Our room was clean and basic, and comfortable. Of all the crazy things, through, we best liked the patterned carpet in the hallway on the third floor. It had (and this is no joke) wild-eyed ducks on it. We had a great laugh every time we left the room. Totally whimsical and unexpected. I'm sure there was a story there, but we never learned what it was.