Reviews of Hotel Concorde This is the official star rating given to the property by an independent third party - the Hotelstars Union. The property is compared to the industry standard and scored based on price, facilities and services offered. Use the star rating to help choose your stay!

Karlstrasse 9, Bahnhofsviertel, 60329 Frankfurt/Main, Germany

#68 of 228 hotels in Frankfurt/Main

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

A very pleasant stay, compliments to the staff especially the Front Desk.

Room was quite small even though it was a double. There was construction / scaffolding right in front of the hotel but I am sure this will be removed once the work is finished.

The staff were very helpful. The breakfast was good - variety and of good quality. The location was less than 100m from the Hauptbahnhof and in a safe vicinity. There was a good spread of international restaurants around the area. Within walking distance to Opera House, old city, other centrally located sights, banking district and embassies / consulates. Early check-in was possible.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Will go back

At the price maybe they should include breakfast.

We arrived and were warmly greeted then shown to a quaint, spacious room in the eaves. Loved it. Every person on the front desk at reception was sooooo nice.

Brilliant

We were very grateful that the Manager I think his name was Karim was brilliant with us. He helped us park the park he helped us bring our baggage up to the hotel and then went down again to the under ground car park as we had forgotten some items. He booked taxis for us. He told us the restaurants to go to and was just generally brilliant. Staff overall were great. Right by the station for our journey to the Automechanica Show. We are going to book again for the Christmas markets at the Concorde.

Economical and comfortable option very close to the Hauptbahnhof

Would have loved a fitness studio, sauna or at least a bathtub after a long day of travel. It might be nice to offer a partnership with a nearby gym or sauna to give travelers that amenity option without having it on-site.

This is a perfectly good choice for a stop-over if you need to stay very close to the Hauptbahnhof. My room was small, but it was just fine for one person. The bed was comfortable, the temperature controls worked well, and I loved the colorful mood lighting for late evening when I was preparing for bed and didn't want bright white light. The staff was super friendly, spoke English, and helped with my baggage. I didn't try the breakfast, but it was nice that they offered the option. The grocery store across the street was convenient for extra bottled water. Sad to see some reviewers degrading the hotel for the surrounding neighborhood environment. Doing a little reading on the Bahnhofviertel should help prepare you to understand some of the urban grit (drug use, prostitution) you might find on a walk around the block, but it's perfectly safe and felt harmless as a traveler. If you want a prettier neighborhood, you won't be adjacent to the train station - it's a simple trade-off. This hotel was a very serviceable, nice and economical option for its location and I appreciated that.

Extremely helpful staff

Single room was quite small as was the shower.

The staff were extremely helpful and went out of their way to accommodate me on the lowest floor possible and took my bag up to my room for me so I could use the stairs only due to my claustrophobia and inability to use the elevator.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Friendly helpful staff

The staff were very helpful and made sure I had a 1st floor room and they took my suitcase up for me as I have claustrophobia and cannot use the elevator.

Nothing I can think of, but of course Toilet size should have been little bigger.

The extremely superb hospitality from reception staff - Chris and Laila, Housekeeping Staff and, Flexibility in Check In - Check out time tailored to customer requirements.

Ideal location for train travelers, absolutely fantastic staff.

The staff went out of their way to help us. We were traveling with a senior and child, and they made sure we had an accessible room. They helped us with parking and advised us where to walk and eat given mobility issues. They were simply outstanding. We also left something behind, and they shipped it to us by international courier. Honestly, I could not speak more highly of the staff. Also, the location is perfect if you need to catch a train.

Comfortable and clean.

Limited space in single room

Comfortable and clean. Easily accessible by train. All services, shops, and restaurants around make the location extra appealing. Staff was very helpful, and offered a coffee to go as I was checking out.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

The place you need for a night in Frankfurt

Good place to stay for the night, at walking distance from the train station with very helpful staff, clean room very fit and comfortable for a night stay during business visit.

I loved everything about this hotel and I am a very picky...

I loved everything about this hotel and I am a very picky and hard to please person. It was simply excellent. I don’t hesitate to recommend this hotel at all.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Great Stay in Frankfurt!

The staff are fantastic and they are very communicative and willing to help and advice. The hotel is very close to the main train station of Frankfurt. The breakfast was good as well as the room and the value. Strongly recommend it.

Close to the train station and supermarket

Casino are only one block away and many drunk person around at the back of the hotel. Need to avoid that area even during daytime.

Close to the train station and supermarket

Comfy and cozy

I loved the cozy room, breakfast, friendly service. I would definitely recommend Hotel Concorde and stay there again if I find myself there again. I slept well and appreciated how clean everything was.

Hotel is really close to Main train station.

Hotel is really close to Main train station.We walked from the train stion to our hotel and Rewe supermarket is across the road.We walked down the Main Rd to shops.

The place is clean and location is easy to access from main train station. Staff is kind. Recommend!

1. I stayed on 6th floor which has no elevator. It is not convenient to carry luggage up by ladder especially the spiral one. 2. It would be great if breakfast is included. The easy breakfast is enough.

1. Reception staff is kind and helpful 2. Lobby is like home. 3. There are magazine about art and business. GREAT! 4. I like coffee cup design.

Nice clean hotel in a quiet location.

Great location for me, close to railway station, but not at all ‘sleazy’. Opposite a good supermarket and walking distance to the Altstadt. I stayed here also in 2015 and it was just as good as it had been then. Thanks to the reception desk staff member who guided me to the right option to get to the airport!!

Very nice hotel.

Had some trouble with the A/C but the staff was quick to offer us another room and free breakfast in the morning to make up for it.

Great location - right by the main train station. Nice room. Very clean and comfortable.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

The location was great for a weekend away, right next to the train station and walking distance to everything. The room was clean, comfortable beds, great shower.

The receptionists were very friendly, especially a senior...

The receptionists were very friendly, especially a senior gentleman, who welcomed us with his kindness and humor. The hotel is right at the city center, opposite to the central station, Romer is in a short walking distance. There are many restaurants n bars nearby. The room is very clean. The bathroom is well equipped with modern facilities, many little touches in the room which are very much appreciated by my family. Easy parking downstairs. We highly recommend this hotel.

Good for solo/business travelers, but poor air-conditioning

AC was pretty weak, didn't get very cold, was better off opening the windows- I specifically looked for a hotel that had AC, which is hard to find in Germany. Don't advertise AC if it's virtually useless. Room is very small, although they had most of what you would need and made good use of the small space- one thing I thought was missing is a safe for valuables. Fine for solo/business travelers, but wouldn't work for more than 1 person. Not sure how this is a 4-star hotel, but can be considered a good 3-star hotel. I think the difference between 3 and 4 star is pretty vague, but pretty sure this is a 3 star.

Good stay, bad area.

Surrounding areas did not feel safe: saw people snorting a certain substance, right outside of our hotel and a street over. It was difficult to get to city center without seeing people doing drugs or passing many adult entertainment establishments.

Close to train station and grocery store, very friendly staff, comfortable beds

Comfortable, inviting hotel.

Very friendly, helpful staff. Very traditionally small room, but great use of space and very comfortable. Good location and quiet in my room. Thankful for air conditioning!

Everything was fine.

Room was a little bit small. Location was really nearby the road, so it was noisy in the morning. But, still great.

Everything was fine. Staffs are definitely kind. Location was nearby the central station.

The located bang next to Frankfurt Central Station.

Hotel did not have a restaurant. Weekends there is scanty Staff for room service. Poor Receptionist had to handle everything and therefore it becomes self service. There is no view from the rooms - no natural light option.

The located bang next to Frankfurt Central Station. Room had a option to change light color as per mood. :)

It was our first trip to Frankfurt and we enjoyed a lot. Will come back soon!

Can’t think of anything

We liked size of the room, which was not too big and not too small. Hotel was super clean. Staff at the front desk were very courteous. We also liked the location, everything (train station, restaurants, shopping malls, etc) were nearby.

Good location at Central station

Size of room and bathroom but it was not too bad as everything else was good

Location and friendliness of the staff. Supermarket exactly opposite. Train, tram and bus at a 2 min walk.

The reception staff were friendly.

The room is on the small side.

The reception staff were friendly. They readily let us use a table at the breakfast area for a small business meeting even at short notice.

Everything is perfect-I was in the hotel-I returned and I was not disappointed-I'll come back again

safe box - Missing in room

In my opinion Everything is perfect Very clean room Great teams Excellent breakfast Excellent location I was in the hotel - I returned and I was not disappointed - I'll come back again !

Nice Staff and everything is clean.

1 - We slept on convertible sofas, and not real beds. 2 - The Parking was so expensive, and we needed to walk up three floors everytime we parked our car. 3 - The rooms are not well isolated, and you often hear what's happening on the same floor.

Nice Staff and everything is clean.

Nice stay

The location is rather crowded,

Very kind and helpful staff,the location of the hotel is very good,you can find everything around hotel.and can acces where ever you want simply

Great staff very helpful

A few streets over there were several "casinos" and strip clubs.

The hotel staff was very helpful and friendly. The property was very clean and adequately appointed. Short walking distance to the central train station and short train ride to the airport.

Good value near the train station

Area around the hotel doesn't feel safe at night. Bathroom quite small and dark.

Close to the train station and a very good value hotel. Check in and check out were quick and we were able to get the room early. Supermarket across the road and the city centre is about 15 minutes away by foot.

-)The location was good.

-)Breakfast was so poor, comparing to the 15Euro price. Not worth it whatsoever. -)The lift needs to be much bigger and comfortable. The space is enough for one person and one big suitcase only ! -)The pillow-case was quite smelly on the arrival night. and they didn't change it the day after, so I had ask.

-)The location was good. -)Friendly staff.

Great hotel made holiday even better

the hotel was great, rooms were spotless and just all round excellent, staff where always friendly form the reception to the cleaners, we had no issues and would recommend 100%

Great location. Nice neighborhood.

Room temp a tad warm, ran into same issue at hotels in Hamburg and Amsterdam on this trip. Time of year I guess here. Was warmer then usual I was told. A/C was turned off in favor of heat? I did not mention to staff at the time Concorde.

Very close to train station. Location was huge in my planning. Property was great. Clean and modern. Def will go back next time in Frankfurt.

The staff was so nice and helpful and the area was quiet around during the night made sleeping easy.

The area near the hotel on one side was a red light district but we knew it before we booked.

The staff was so very accommodating and the room was clean and nice. The shower and tub were great also.

Good Choice for Confident Travelers

Breakfast dishes could have been replenished and refreshed more often and in a more "food-safe" manner. It's not pleasant to see staff dumping fresh scrambled eggs in with old ones in the trays. Similarly, some of the snacks in my minibar were expired.

If you're comfortable with a little bit of seediness, the location is fantastic for public transportation, and there's also a supermarket across the street (open until 22:00). Lots of restaurants are on the surrounding streets, including traditional ethnic restaurants and more modern options. My single room was small but clean, comfortable and well-maintained, and there was no street noise.

fantastic stay at Hotel Concorde

the staff at the Reception desk were all very helpful. the cleaning personnel were very nice and thorough too. accessibility to the main train station was very excellent. there were even umbrellas that the guests could borrow. the breakfast was also very ample and yummy.

Good Value

I would not advise that neighbourhood for all public.

Great staff. I had work to finish on the wifi after check out and they offered a coffee on the house for me to sip in the reception's comfy armchairs. Practical location, central and near the train station.

A short stay but...

There was nothing I disliked.

I arrived in Frankfurt at the Hauptbanhof and easily found the hotel-just a 5 minute walk. There are many places within a short walk for eating in the evening. The breakfast was superb; cereals, breads, meats, cheeses, jams, eggs scrambled with ham/bacon, sausages, hard boiled eggs, yoghurt, fruit juices, coffee and more!!

A friendly hotel close to transportation and city highlights.

Nothing could have been better.

The staff at the front desk were excellent and allowed us an early checkin as we had come from so far. The breakfast is also a great addition and plenty of it.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

Fantastic place for transiting. Friendly staff, clean, close to Hauptbahnhof

The single rooms are a bit on the small side.

Fantastic place for transiting. Friendly staff, great location near the train station: great value for money

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

Worth the weekend trip!

We didn't like that the shower is separated from the bedroom by a curtain.

Breakfast had a good variety. Food was delicious. Coffee made to order.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

Lovely hotel, great staff. Let down by the surrounding area.

I didn't like the street and surrounding area where the hotel is located, there were a lot of homeless people hanging around outside the hotel drinking and taking drugs and it didn't feel safe at night. I know that's not the hotel's fault but it would put me off staying there again which is a real shame. I wouldn't stay there on my own again as I didn't feel safe leaving the hotel. Even McDonalds at the train station had a security guard in the middle of the day!

The staff were really friendly, very helpful, nothing was too much trouble, they even gave me and my friend a free bottle of water each when we checked out for our journey home. Free wifi throughout the hotel. Very well stocked mini-bar in the room. Everything was spotlessly clean. Handy supermarket directly opposite the hotel. 5 minute walk to the train station, 10 minutes to bars and restaurants and 15 minute walk to the main shopping area.

Excellent stay

The reception staff was very friendly and provided 5 star service! I would highly recommend this hotel if you are on a budget, but looking for a hotel with high standards.

• Reviewed: 10 February 2017

Very tiny room

The room was very small. Ive never seen before such a small hotel room. The bed was single and squeezed in. Shower was tiny. Window let in cold air at the bottom.

Location close to the central train station. Different lighting colors.

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

Valuables and money stolen! Staff of no help

My friends money and valuables got stolen from the room. The first room provided by the hotel had a faulty lock, then they replaced the room with a new on. After going out for 4 hours of the hotel and returning, we found out the new room's door was open and many things were misplaced and moved around. The staff still hasn't helped us out. Wouldn't expect this from a 4 star hotel. No cameras on the floor or outside the room to detect what happened. very unprofessional!

• Reviewed: 4 December 2016

Very friendly staff, they made no problem at all with late...

Very friendly staff, they made no problem at all with late checkout. Hotel is 5min from main railway station, comfy and clean and good value for money, which was exactly all I needed

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

Really nice establishment.

I think the breakfast might need an upgade.

Really nice establishment. The hotel was really close to the train station and close to main landmarks in Frankfurt. Staff really helpful and the hotel was pretty good overall.

• Reviewed: 5 November 2016

You will love this.

Great breakfast ! Excellent location and easy access to train/airport. Clean, comfortable rooms and friendly competent staff throughout. Highly recommended.

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

The staff were the best staff ever!

The staff were the best staff ever! Very friendly and helpful. I was a lone female and came over to do the marathon and they made me feel very welcome. The breakfast was lovely too. Definitely recommend this hotel :-).

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

We were really well looked after - a great place to stay

The railway station is close by, which is great, but it has a bit of a seedy feel. That did not detract at all from a great stay.

The upgrade to a suite! The staff were really friendly and helpful, the room was fantastic - clean and modern, big sofa to relax on, massive powerful shower, comfy beds - one of the best hotels I have stayed in.

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

Very clean and close to the main train station

Some might not like the 'drug users' on the streets in the area to and from the hotel. No one bothered us so it wasn't an issue for us

Outstanding staff, was upgraded to a Jr. Suite without asking. Room was big and very clean. Pretty quiet except for some adjacent room noise. Very close to the train station, 4 minutes walk. Convenient grocery across the street is very well stocked.

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

Wonderful little hotel.

street noise, but not much they can do about that.

Unassuming entrance, but wonderful inside. Best breakfast we had in a 4-week trip to Germany and Netherlands.

• Reviewed: 12 October 2018

Check-in staff was very helpful.

Check-in staff was very helpful.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

Too short of a stay to appreciate it. But it was a very nice hotel room. Very close to the train .

Our flight was late and we only got to use the room for several hours. The front desk.manager was very nice and prompt in getting us our room

• Reviewed: 6 October 2018

Good breakfast

Good breakfast

• Reviewed: 5 October 2018

Very good.

Nice place to be. Very good location. The room was small but very well planned.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

We didn’t stay long but it was all very good.

We didn’t stay long but it was all very good.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

Staff is good

room size too small

Staff is good

Car parking need to paid

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Central station hotel

Small single room, with no soundproofing.

Smart staff, with good recommendations for restaurants and other problems. Decent breakfast.

Greeting the the great staff✋

Many years i’m staying at cocord hotel but this year the wifi was week and the a/c was not cold enough

Clean and good rooms

Few minutes walk from central station.

Few minutes walk from central station. Clean room, friendly staff and good breakfast with white sausage.

- excellent stay

- excellent stay - room was small but comfortable - clean & tidy - close to the train station - very good breakfast

It was a very nice hotel. Staff very accommodating. I would definitely stay here again.

The room was very clean. Big bathroom. Excellent location.

i like the breakfast and service

i like the breakfast and service

Room smelled intensely from smoking so all the clothes...

Room smelled intensely from smoking so all the clothes started smelling

Highly recommend!

Would have been really nice if there was more vegetarian food available at Breakfast.

Staff were really helpful!

Good location for station, room clean and comfortable good...

Good location for station, room clean and comfortable good breakfast

Location near Hauptbahnhof is very convenient.

Room is tiny.

Location near Hauptbahnhof is very convenient. Room is richly equipped and convenient.

Out of my expectations

Breakfast is good! Room is clean !

Reception is good

Reception is good

Toilet door has a window in it.

Toilet door has a window in it...?

Browse Hotel Concorde traveller photo gallery