Reviews of Hotel Condor This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services offered. It is based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Steintorweg 17, St. Georg, 20099 Hamburg, Germany

#268 of 339 hotels in Hamburg

• Reviewed: 13 October 2018

I did my booking through you in this hotel and it was...

I did my booking through you in this hotel and it was terrible room, small with out bathroom inside of the room with that conditions it can be rate as one star or less

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

One night for business

The street where hotel located was not feeling safe, reseption was not open 24/7, room was hot (no air condition)

Room was spacious, friendly staff, very close to railway station & U-bahn.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2018

Nothing apart from the location

The room was small, the bathroom was tiny (sitting on the loo and stood up and banged head on wall). Kettle in room but nothing else, no tea coffee etc although you could get one downstairs if you wanted a Luke warm one.

Nothing apart from the location

Good breakfast.

Everything was ok

Good breakfast. Excellent location. The bedroom was very comfortable, once I had closed the window, I couldn't hear absolutely anything from outside.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

Fruit, tea and coffee were available all day free of charge...

When I booked the room I requested an extra bed for the last night of our 3 night stay and received an email back saying no problem and that there would be no charge. However, upon checkout I was presented with a bill for 40 euro for the extra bed. (We actually had to move rooms which we weren't told about until 5 minutes before we had to move!) No problem paying for an extra bed but I thought 40 euro a bit excessive (especially considering the basic facilities) and we should have been told in advance.

Fruit, tea and coffee were available all day free of charge in the reception area. The staff were so pleasant and bent over backwards to advise and help us.

Ok
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The area was a bit sketchy and when I went to have some coffee I decided to try some of there cocoa powder in it. Which was a bad idea because it had a bug that I noticed when I felt it in my mouth.

Very close to the center train station and the breakfast.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Small room near central station good for short time.

Room was 1 floor down in basement and was small. Internet was not working

Small room near central train station, Good enough for one night breakfast was fine.

The breakfast was ok eventhough there were not so much...

The room cleanliness could be better improved. It's a bit warm during summer without air conditioner so you need to open the windows and if you stay at the first floor above the entrance, the full quiteness is not possible especially in weekends.

The breakfast was ok eventhough there were not so much variations. The staff are friendly and helpful. The hotel has a small elevator for the guest to carry up/down their luggage. Overall it's a nice place for a night or two in the heart of the city.

Good (maybe) only for one night
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The surroundings of the hotel, the street where it is located, is full of foreign groups. The elevator reaches the third floor only - from the 3rd floor you go up or down. from 9 pm the reception & elevetor are off. . Room 29 has no shower or toilet. it is at the 3rd floor. lots of noies from the street (at night). the wi-fi didn't work at night time the stairs are covering with very dirty carpet.

Good breakfast - cheese, vegetables, boiled egg, breads, various of cereals.

The staff were quite helpful and understanding

1. No airconditioning 2. Pay extra not to have to climb stairs to higher floors since there wasn't a lift/ elevator 3. No room safe

The staff were quite helpful and understanding

After our first room shock the location turned out good for tourists. However, the adjacent road was
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

I had requested when booking 1 (one) single room with bathroom and 1 (one) double room with bathroom. When we arrived tired, hungry and thirsty, we had to pay in advance and were given 2 (two) double rooms with a shared bathrooms (one key) down the corridor, both the same price. This was distressing for us (almost 75, 77 and 83 years of age). After two nights we received one double room with bathroom and one single with bathroom, with no reimbursement.

We were a couple of minutes late in checking in (couldn't find the street) but the man at check-in waited for us.

Per total: Not bad

The location was perfect, near Hamburg Central Station, but the hotel is tiny and the single room is small and narrow and the bed...OMG! The bed ....phew... to narrow

The staff was friendly and helpful. Always smiling and willing to advise you the best what you can see in the city. I will personally give 5* to the receptionist. I apologise I forgot his name, but always there to help me out whenever I ask for. Good job mate! The breakfast was a bit expensive with no healthy breakfast options and limited ingredients

Great, clean budget hotel, excellent location

The only downside was that the cleaning staff hadn't been informed of the late checkout so someone was knocking at the door right before eleven, but that was pretty much the only minus. Maybe a little dated style but that's a matter of taste. :)

I had originally booked another hotel in the same area but since I was to arrive in Hamburg at 4 am I needed to find a hotel that would allow me to check out at noon so I could get at leas a few hours of sleep. The first hotel wanted to charge 40 euro extra for that so with the help of booking.com's great customer service, this hotel was suggested. It was at a great location - pretty much across the street from the bus station. A great rate and included breakfast, which the first hotel didn't. Swift and efficient communication by the hotel, I had no problems whatsoever, a most enjoyable experience. This is a budget hotel but you get a spotless room for the money, a kettle, shower and bathroom. The single beds were small so if you're on the larger side, maybe opt for a double bed. I like the small details - such as power outlets next to the bed and little quirky details. All in all it was a find for the low rate and perfect location, and I'll most certainly be back.

Disappointed by accessibility challenges and lack simple diabetic alternatives at breakfast

The breakfast was terrible for a diabetic like me. I depend on having natural yogurt in the morning but they only offered flavored yogurt with sugar. I asked and they seemed unconcerned. It's been a long time since I visited a 3 star hotel that did not offer a large bowl of natural yogurt at breakfast. The bed pillow was also the worst I've run into in a three star, I think ever. Also the elevator was unavailable after 10 pm and I did not appreciate the climb to the 4th floor. Worse You must climb a significant flight of concrete front stairs to enter the hotel (with no ramp) . This is something I want Booking.com to consider specifying the future as it constitutes a danger to older travelers as well as those who are challenged by stairs. I know the hotel can do nothing about it, but I depend on booking.com to forewarn of such a hazard when I am booking. So in this case I would urge booking.com to specify when a hotel is fully accessible so that I can avoid accommodations that do not meet basic accessibility.

Location right by the central station.

The hotel is fine only for short stays in the town, but it is overprised. A lot of noise from the street the whole time. Earplugs saves the sleep.

Location right by the central station. Stuff is friendly, nice and helpful. Rooms are old, but clean.

very pleased.

Hotel clean and tidy staff very helpful and breakfast was okay. Room tidy and bed comfortable and quiet. Would gladly stay again. close to railway station and underground.

Location was nice.

It was not clean room, it smells a lot like some one has just turn of the cigarettes. Also the room in general was not clean, and the pillow doesn't smell good and clean, another problem was the breakfast was really simple and not so fresh.

Location was nice.

Good value for money, and good location

The hotel is dated. The floor boards are squeeky and so was the stairway (only access to the top floor apparently) just outside my room.

The price was really good, and you get what you want if all you need is a decent bed, location close to the Haufbanhhof, and a good breakfast.

The bed was comfortable.

The area (Hauptbahnhof) is horrible. Lot of bad-looking people walking around. The entire hotel was built of wood? The floor creaks everywhere.

The bed was comfortable. The breakfast was good. Close to the train station.

Too expensive compared to other hotels in the area
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Bad bathing conditions including shower Bad aircon and ventilation in the room. Horibel and dangerous electrical installation in the beds in room 18

The staff was so friendly

Convenient location, basic hotel and horrible sleep in 2 beds room

I booked a room with queen bed for 2 nights and paid 250EURO but on arrival we were given a room with 2 small beds. I think I paid too much for what I was offered. I wouldn't care much that the hotel is outdated, and too expensive for what it offers, if I could rest well in it. I had a back surgery and the mattress was so hard I was in pain both nights and had to sleep on top of the duvet and cover with my jacket. Maybe for other people is not so bad and maybe the full bed is good. But I booked this place because it had a good review for the bedding, and I got to sleep on something I wouldn't sleep even for free.. Excluding my sleeping experience I would say if you want something with a convenient location and don't care about luxuries, and get a good price, you can stay here.

The location is great, right around the corner from the Central train station making it super easy to get there from the airport, and also convenient to get around the city by public transportation. The breakfast options were a little limited, but what was available was good. I arrived after 10pm and had no problem picking the key from the front box. It's good you can leave your suitcases if your flight departs later, and the staff are very polite and nice.

1 block from the main station, fair breakfast, wifi.
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

You should consider this hotel as a transit one, not for touristic purposes. It is fair for the price.

1 block from the main station, fair breakfast, wifi.

Highly recommend, basic, no frills but very clean hotel and very friendly helpful staff.
    • Basic Triple Room

The hotel was clean and the room comfortable. Breakfast was fresh and plentiful. The shower was amazingly powerful. Staff went out of their way to ensure our stay was pleasant and comfortable

totally unsatisfied
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

There was no support by Booking.com against the condo hotel which fakes rooms .

The Pictures of the room on the booking.com site have been positive. De facto they forced me to take a room in the cellar with an separate bathroom on over a long dark fllor (dangerous at night). I refused and booked another hotel via booking.com as this location was neither adequate nor safe. Before I did so I called the Booking.co service desk for support. I did not get it. the Condor charged 100 % of the cost to me for cancellattion. i did not accept and blame Booking.com to take these kind of hotels out of their list if they do not correct their behavior and offer what they claim on the booking.com side. I want my money back from booking.com. I book every week hotels also at Booking.com . I will delete booking.com from the list for me and my Business teams if this issue is not solved to my satisfaction.

Helpful staff

Old furniture, TV is installed crooked, shower doors hard to slide and a bit broken, toilet is really small, Rooms are really small, breakfast offering is quite limited and you always have to ask the staff to refill basic coffee or things and they do not refill on their own

Helpful staff

Fine place for one night stay

Staff was a bit clumsy, hotel is a bit old fashioned - too pricey for what you get, breakfast corner was too tiny.

Really close to the train station, but you wouldn't hear the trains. Close to city center, too. Free luggage storage.

Basic room on lower level that shares bathroom with one...
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Price point was high for basic room. Room was loud as window opened below sidewalk level.

Basic room on lower level that shares bathroom with one other room. Typical European breakfast served. Location near train station.

The facilities in the rooms were very good.

The hotel was much nicer inside than it appeared from the outside.

The facilities in the rooms were very good. Even had a kettle which is unusual for a continental hotel.

Not good

Where do i start. The decor is very dated. The sink stinks. The elector is locked in after 22. So if you arrive after you have to carry your bags up 5 flights of stairs in our case. I also got stuck in the elevator one of the days so didn't use it after. The room is tiny so I have as bruises as a result. Leaky shower. Our room faced the street and it is full of gambling halls so quite alot of action late at night but no Brawls though No aircon means open window though. Just the next street over there are a couple of gentelmans clubs. So besure you want to Stay in such an area.

Very close to the central station. Breakfast was ok. Helpful and flexible staff in an emergency.

Overall very pleasant

WIFI was NOT available in the rooms and they closed the main area at 10 pm--so no access after that. Sometimes very weak signal even in the office so no WIFI at times.

Staff was welcoming and helpful. Breakfast simple but very lovely. Location was just superb--two short blocks to the transportation hub. Close to restaurants, hop on/off bus, etc.

Good situation/quiet stay

The breakfast should be orcanized better so that more than one person can take his food at the same time. More variation to the choice to the different days. The porridge should be nice.

The room was quiete and no noice from outside too.

Overpriced for its services and environment.

SERVICES (no wifi except at reception, no staff at reception after 10pm and no elevator after 10pm, elevator fits only 3-4 people max); ENVIRONMENT (old building, bad soundproof, front door and hotel entrance use the same key: does it means everyone basically has the SAME key?); CLEANLINESS(hair on bathroom floor, a bit dusty in the closet)

Nice, clean and close to most of the things we wanted to see...

Not a nice area. Didnt feel safe and far too much noice in the street all light every night so didnt get much sleep.

Nice, clean and close to most of the things we wanted to see and do.

Nothing was good at this place, the hotel is old and reservation was expensive

Cheated by all hotel photos 3-star hotel photos and charged you 3-star hotel price but the hotel was actually only 1-star with old and worn decoration in the room. Small, dirty, poor facilities and poor services. - the breakfast was not that good

Location is great.

For international travellers: if you arrive after reception hours, you MUST have access to a phone. That is the only way to get the keys. The internet didn't work in the room, and was slow at the lobby.

Location is great. Good breakfast. Very good cost benefit relation overall.

Cheated! 3-star hotel photo but 1-star hotel

Cheated by all hotel photos 3-star hotel photos and charged you 3-star hotel price but the hotel was actually only 1-star. 1-star hotel of course with old and worn decoration in the room. Small, dirty, poor facilities and nil services. Poor services. Made me most frustrated was a feeling of cheat. Never has stayed such kind of poor hotel in Germany over two decades. No integrity at all. Can't find unfavorable guest reviews. Guess reviews under under "arrangement" by Agent Service.

Just close to Bahnhof

Overpriced, but good enough for travelling through
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

- Overpriced at € 160, but Hamburg was overrun with motorcyclists and marathon runners, so I guess they jacked up the price — even while I was booking, it went up by € 20! (And no, that was not because I added the breakfast. I would even value it at € 80, including breakfast) - Loud TV in breakfast area (with some sort of children's programme on)

+ Clean bathroom, shared with one other room + Close to the main station

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

The only good thing here was: LOCATION, nothing else.

Staff, room, INTERNET NEVER WORKS

Nothing was good at this place, The reservation was expensive, they told me that the breakfast was from 6:00 am until 2:00 pm, i've been at breakfast area at 9:00 and was empty, the internet NEVER WORKS and they only told me, i dont know what could be, i dont know, maybe more later will works, the only good thing about this place was the location thats it

Absolute comfort

The area is a little dangerous during the night, it is recommended to take a taxi or know exactly how to go where you are going in order to not look defenceless. The staff from the hotel is very polite and helpful but they should speak better english, anyway I noticed that in the city no one speaks english decently.

The facilities are nice and comfortable, the breakfast is excellent, the room was very neat and clean. It was a small cosy room, a very nice place to stay in. Well located for public transportation.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

Hotel next to central station wash to find behind generator...

There is nothing I could complain but room was little bit cold since I was traveling alone and had 2 beds in the room I used the 2 bed covers to feel warm but still I was comfortable during my stay

Hotel next to central station wash to find behind generator hostel directly Staff are nice I was checking out and they asked me if I would like to have breakfast edited I leave cuz my room has breakfast incuded but I didn't have breakfast during my stay so it was nice gesture for me

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

Very good for a short stay

This Hotel is very good for a short stay. Near the Central Station: 3 minutes on foot. The room was little but comfortable with only the necessary things. Good breakfast with sweet and salty foods and fruits. Great value quality/price.

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

Great value (see below) for an average hotel

In the morning someone was shouting in the street. The hotel is a little old school and there isn't a receptionist after 10pm (though there's a way to get into the rooms with a code).

Paid 45€ for two people in a double room with private bathroom and breakfast - great value for same-day booking, 2mins from the train station. The hotel rooom was okay (fror the price).

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

Modest rooms, Central location

The room and the furniture seemed to be old enough, but the bed and other conditions were okey

Next to the Central Train station, transportation links, wifi in my room was ok, breakfast modest but tasty

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

Mmh. Okay. Few down points.

No wifi in the room. Very cold in the bathroom due to the heater not working. Bed not very comfy.

Location near the train station. Staff seems nice.

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016

Great affordable, central accommodation

Central location with great breakfast and friendly staff at a very reasonable price. Hopefully will be returning next year for the spectacular Christmas Market.

• Reviewed: 26 November 2016

Very close to station, centre and shops.

The curtains were dirty and they needed some washing. The room was kinda small and crowded.

Very close to station, centre and shops. Good breakfast, nothing too fancy. Good thing that you had access to tea and coffee all day. The cleaning staff was excellent, always coming and cleaning the room.

• Reviewed: 26 November 2016

A hotel for just 1 night. not more !

The bed is so small, the rooms extra small and the worst of all is absolutly no wifii, as good as none.

The good thing about this hotel is the nearness to the central train station but just for a stop over stay and not more than 1 day.

• Reviewed: 16 November 2016

Comfortable

We asked for an early breakfast and they would give us a small package - but it never came

Comfortable room, everything was where it should be. Receptionist was very kind and helpful

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

Comfy beds, good breakfast, nice staff.
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Very thin walls, could hear the conversation of people next door.

Comfy beds, good breakfast, nice staff.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

Everything 👍

Everything 👍

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Very convenient location near the train station and a great...

Very convenient location near the train station and a great breakfast included.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

No lift

No lift

Perfect cozy hotel
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

One evening the internet didn't work, but they fixed it for morning

Friendly, clean, tasty, cozy

The shower wasn't in the room, neither the toilet.

The shower wasn't in the room, neither the toilet. We hade to share whit another guest.

Nice and helpful staff

Nice and helpful staff Perfect location near by the trainstation.

Nice breakfast!

Noise from ventilation

Nice breakfast! Good bed!

Value for money.

Location is excellent and the staff is very helpful.

The mattress is not good.

Good three stars hotel

The shower door didn't close properly.

The location is ideal to reach all central points of interest

Good for a night!

No air conditioning.

The hotel staff was kindly! The room was clean!

the location and staff

the elevator does not work after 10 pm. it was trouble to go up 4 floor.

the location and staff

Very nice hotel. Surroundings a litte doggy, but not dangerous. Good value for the money.
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

No toilet in room 33. They could have given som compensation for that. But ok anyway.

Close to the Hbf. Nice atmosphere,

Internet

Great breakfast

Great breakfast

It was very near the city centre, convenient location.

It was very near the city centre, convenient location.

Excellent location hotel

The lift was only till 3rd floor

Excellent location

Everything was perfect!

Everything was perfect!

Comfortable and clean

Very small

Very clean and great location

Loved it

Too close to a NIGHT CLUB and Reception closes early

The staff very friendly and helpful

Really good :)
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Dining area a bit small and crowded in the morning.

Excellent location. Friendly staff!! Good service

little bit narrow

Good location just steps away feom the central station. fair stay with the price. Nice staff.Eveything is OK.

staff very friendly and helpful. room clean. convenient to rail station, shops and restataurants.

Booked a triple room for 3 single adults. 1 double bed 1 single.

Very convenient to central station and shopping area as well as restataurants.

staff friendly and helpful. good internet coverage. close to train station and restaurants
    • Basic Triple Room

Booked a triple room for 3 dingle adults had 1 double bed and 1 single. 1 of heaters not working. Room was cold

Not so clean

Super nice staff, close to train station

Super nice staff, close to train station

close to the station, easy to find parking around the hotel.

a more diversified breakfast would be good

close to the station, easy to find parking around the hotel. chambre petite mais propre et fonctionnelle

Browse Hotel Condor traveller photo gallery